PDA

View Full Version : Need a personality/personality quirk (and maybe an obssession?) for my next Kobold PC

Pika...
2012-09-03, 11:36 AM
So I was about to write up a pyro Kobold, but that has been done to death, and even by a fellow player in my group a few years back.

I need something new, but still fun and juicy to roleplay. You folks have any ideas for a fun, little, and perhaps not-all-there Kobold? :smallbiggrin:

Some ideas of the top of my head:

1. Hello Nurse!!!. (Based of the old Acme cartoons wolf perhaps?)
2. Afro-Kobold. (Bard who specializes in Disco music/singing/dancing).

Please give me your ideas!

As always, many pikas in advance. :smallcool:

KoboldCleric
2012-09-03, 12:10 PM
What are your stats? I often find inspiration in questioning how a particularly strong or poor stat would have affected my character's childhood or is still affecting his attitude and everyday life.

Karoht
2012-09-03, 12:17 PM
Horrible horrible addiction to...
Anchovies. Can't go so much as an hour without eating at least one. STINKS of Anchovies where ever he goes.

He's a Pyro?
He likes to make his own BBQ sauce. Out of anything. Seaweed? Sure. Fish eyes? Why not. Dead rat he found? In the sauce it goes. Chicken feet? Gives the sauce it's own unique kind of crunchiness. Rusty nail? Gives it more of that iron flavor that non-beef items are missing.
And loves to BBQ. An insists that he do so at any opportunity to cook. Yes, BBQ porrige for breakfast. BBQ's his rations. Rice? BBQ'd. Soup? Boils it more to make stock for a base for his next BBQ sauce.
His actual skill in doing so is up to you. Does he insist that the party eat his horribly blackened burnt trout? Does he insist that his BBQ'd Deviled Eggs are a hit at every party he goes to? Does he get easily offended if people don't like his cooking?
Does he throw impromptu BBQ cookoffs AKA Throwdowns?
Think Bobby Flay, but far FAR more BBQ obscessed, and even more annoying than Bobby Flay.
His livelong dream should be to BBQ an entire herd of cattle at once.

@Afro
Dude, Afro's are so overdone. Pompadours are where it's at.
Sexiest hairstyle imaginable.

Pika...
2012-09-03, 12:23 PM
What are your stats? I often find inspiration in questioning how a particularly strong or poor stat would have affected my character's childhood or is still affecting his attitude and everyday life.

Here you go. :smallsmile:

JellyPooga
2012-09-03, 12:23 PM
Arachnophile: This guy just cannot understand why all those tall guys get creeped out by his eight-legged friends. His pet riding-spider always seems to cause a stir when he rides into town, so he's taken to leaving it in the woods when he's visiting "big" cities. No-one seems to enjoy his crispy spider-snacks either; he specially bred them for that spicy flavour and no-one else seems to even want to try them; they just give him that weird look. Then there's all those chaps in plate armour waving their great big swords, shouting something about 'vile lolth worshipper' and 'drow lackey'...they do seem persistent, which is a shame because all that poison doesn't come cheap and there's no easier way to deal with them than a paralysing venom.

Squark
2012-09-03, 12:29 PM
Alternatively, hats (fireproof, of course). Hats are instant style points.

Coidzor
2012-09-03, 12:40 PM
Please no blaxploitation kobolds. @_@

Pika...
2012-09-03, 12:48 PM
Horrible horrible addiction to...
Anchovies. Can't go so much as an hour without eating at least one. STINKS of Anchovies where ever he goes.

He's a Pyro?
He likes to make his own BBQ sauce. Out of anything. Seaweed? Sure. Fish eyes? Why not. Dead rat he found? In the sauce it goes. Chicken feet? Gives the sauce it's own unique kind of crunchiness. Rusty nail? Gives it more of that iron flavor that non-beef items are missing.
And loves to BBQ. An insists that he do so at any opportunity to cook. Yes, BBQ porrige for breakfast. BBQ's his rations. Rice? BBQ'd. Soup? Boils it more to make stock for a base for his next BBQ sauce.
His actual skill in doing so is up to you. Does he insist that the party eat his horribly blackened burnt trout? Does he insist that his BBQ'd Deviled Eggs are a hit at every party he goes to? Does he get easily offended if people don't like his cooking?
Does he throw impromptu BBQ cookoffs AKA Throwdowns?
Think Bobby Flay, but far FAR more BBQ obscessed, and even more annoying than Bobby Flay.
His livelong dream should be to BBQ an entire herd of cattle at once.

@Afro
Dude, Afro's are so overdone. Pompadours are where it's at.
Sexiest hairstyle imaginable.

OMG. You just reminded me of an old free book called Bride of Portable Hole Full of Beer!

They have a prestige class called Field Chef. While the first four levels are basically dead levels, the fifth would make it so much fun. Hehehe. :smallbiggrin:

Take a look:
http://paizo.com/products/btpy8eud?Bride-of-Portable-Hole

It's free on Paizo's site. FREE DOWNLOAD! :smallcool:

But for those who don't want to sign up for Paizo:
Essence of Monster:(Ex): With 12 hours of work,
a level 5 Field Chef can distill the magical essence of
a monster slain within 12 hours of the procedure.
Creating the Essence requires a masterwork cooking
set as well as 400 gp of ingredients and 32 XP
from the Field Chef. A bottle of Essence of Monster
can be quaffed like a potion, granting the imbiber a
single use of one of the distilled monster.s abilities
such as a dragon’s breath weapon or a medusa’s gaze
(or for 1 minute for abilities that are not single use
such as a creature’s natural AC bonus, Constitution,
Strength or Dexterity). A bottle of Essence remains
potent for 1 month after it has been distilled.

So, what should be my first five levels before I can take this prestige class? And how should I set up my PC? We are starting at level 4 right now. :)

Many Pikas in advance!

Malroth
2012-09-03, 01:08 PM
So, what should be my first five levels before I can take this prestige class? And how should I set up my PC? We are starting at level 4 right now. :)

Many Pikas in advance!

How about a Druid with a riding dog you refer to as "Lunch" who you are always talking about cooking if you can't find anything tastier.

metabolicjosh
2012-09-03, 07:13 PM
Narcolepsy

Fitz10019
2012-09-04, 06:21 AM
feet / footwear

He has bad feet, so he often complains about them:
long day? my feet!
rough terrain? my feet!

He obsessively seeks an unachievable 'perfect fit' and often asks others about their shoes, boots, socks, stockings, etc. Where'd you get em? Are they good in the rain?

He might take all the party's footwear during his shift on watch, just to try them. Any ailment, his or others', is attributed to feet or shoes.

panaikhan
2012-09-04, 07:13 AM
How about a Druid with a riding dog you refer to as "Lunch" who you are always talking about cooking if you can't find anything tastier.

Hehehe... I immediately thought Excel Saga upon reading this.
And that would make a perfect basis for a character 'not all there' :smallbiggrin:

Pika...
2012-09-07, 04:49 PM

Just invested in handle animal and ride, and bought a riding spider I fully intend to eventually stuff in my large iron pot. :smallbiggrin:

ps.
The party has three Dwarves. How do you think the party will react when I try to stuff the first one to fall in my pot to make "Essence of Dwarf".

pss.
What special ability/bonus would "Essence of Dwarf" give you? @_@

Karoht
2012-09-07, 05:14 PM
ps.
The party has three Dwarves. How do you think the party will react when I try to stuff the first one to fall in my pot to make "Essence of Dwarf".

pss.
A beard, as per the spell Silverbeard.
If one already has a beard, then they spontanously sprout a fist under the beard.

Chromascope3D
2012-09-07, 05:26 PM
Herpetophobia (but it's okay, he's "not a kobold" :smallwink:)

Kuulvheysoon
2012-09-07, 05:48 PM
Just invested in handle animal and ride, and bought a riding spider I fully intend to eventually stuff in my large iron pot. :smallbiggrin:

ps.

pss.

In all seriousness, I'd probably have it as their Stability and/or Stonecunning traits.

Mayito
2012-09-07, 07:08 PM
I enjoy the idea of the chef but I must bring to attention the fact that Kobolds Ate My Baby with a Hungry Blonde alignment. If you have no clue what I am talking about then look up the game kobolds ate my baby and remember... All Hail King Torg!

robertbevan
2012-09-07, 08:45 PM
kleptomaniac could be fun to roleplay. and it's always a reliable way of making sure the party stays in trouble.

DonutBoy12321
2012-09-07, 11:32 PM
He has an instant hatred of anyone over 5' 9".