PDA

View Full Version : For Gold & Glory OOC



Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Lateral
2013-05-30, 09:17 PM
Titania screams, more in rage than in terror, and throws herself against the side of the creature's stomach. "You bit off more than you can chew, you slimy little excretion..." she utters as she draws an arrow from her quiver - yet another steel feather arrow. Like a crazed murderer, she hefts the arrow as high above her head as she can and drives it into the creature's innards, slashing downwards.


Using a Razorfeather arrow as an improvised dagger to full attack the frog's gut in hopes of escaping. Razorfeather is adamantine and keen.

[roll0] for [roll1] slashing (crits on 17-20)
[roll2] for [roll3] slashing (crits on 17-20)


I'm sorry Derj. I'm afraid you can't do that.

...because you're still dazed.

Jeff the Green
2013-05-30, 09:21 PM
I'm sorry Derj. I'm afraid you can't do that.

...because you're still dazed.

Yeah, I need to find a way to grant extra saving throws.

Derjuin
2013-05-30, 10:05 PM
I'm sorry Derj. I'm afraid you can't do that.

...because you're still dazed.

Oh, I didn't even realize I was dazed...right, right, spell affects us too. Haha, I forgot that was even a thing for a moment! :smalltongue:

Jeff the Green
2013-05-30, 11:16 PM
Titania just kind of rolls over or something in the toad's stomach, too dazed by Davkhur's inane shouting to do anything useful.

Hey, he's not shouting inanely! He's muttering softly and meaningfully so the ranids can't figure out where he is. Also, not Davkhur's fault. Oxy whacked you with his stick, which dazed you.

Derjuin
2013-05-30, 11:31 PM
Hey, he's not shouting inanely! He's muttering softly and meaningfully so the ranids can't figure out where he is. Also, not Davkhur's fault. Oxy whacked you with his stick, which dazed you.

Oh, I thought it Confused me. Which...I forgot about as well.

Man, this sinus headache must be what Confusion feels like. :smallfrown: Maybe I will be able to sort it out after I do another read-through.

Lateral
2013-05-30, 11:33 PM
Yeah... I didn't really realize how powerful that spell actually is. It's basically a level 2 SOD.

Jeff the Green
2013-05-30, 11:45 PM
Davkhur wouldn't hit his allies with such a SoL. He may not like having to work with other people, but he recognizes their value in combat. And he recognizes the value of not having them fire rains of arrowy death at him.

BelGareth
2013-05-31, 11:55 AM
does DR cold Iron stop the damage? I have DR 10/cold Iron

Lix Lorn
2013-05-31, 01:52 PM
...
If I use Crescent Strike (or whatever I named it) Blade to make an AoE attack from the inside, does it do extra damage? Because all the AoE is on the inside? :3

Lateral
2013-05-31, 01:53 PM
Oh, right. Sixteen damage, then.

Jeff the Green
2013-06-06, 02:40 AM
Still waiting on Lix?

Lateral
2013-06-06, 06:01 AM
Yes.

Lix Lorn
2013-06-06, 02:45 PM
I was kinda wanting a response to my question...

Lateral
2013-06-06, 04:27 PM
...You ninja'd me, and I never noticed.

No, it doesn't.

Lix Lorn
2013-06-06, 04:56 PM
Was a long shot... :smallsigh:

Lateral
2013-06-06, 05:39 PM
Oh, whoah, whoah, whoah. Hold on. You're not swallowed, you're grappling. Only Derjuin is swallowed.

Lix Lorn
2013-06-06, 06:52 PM
Oh.
I guess I try to stop being grappled then...
[roll0]

Lateral
2013-06-06, 07:02 PM
I still haven't gotten a definite answer on whether you could use a ranged attack in a grapple.

Jeff the Green
2013-06-06, 08:33 PM
I still haven't gotten a definite answer on whether you could use a ranged attack in a grapple.

The rules assume natural weapons don't work at range, but RAW she could use it to attack the guy that's munching on her with a -4 penalty.

Lateral
2013-06-06, 08:47 PM
Hmm. In that case, let's say that it's a -4 to all attacks, but since it's ranged you're also provoking an attack of opportunity. I don't have time right now, so I'll post IC tomorrow.

Also, the third attack threatens a critical. ('Course, it only confirms on 20.)
[roll0]
[roll1]

...Not that kind of 20.

Jeff the Green
2013-06-06, 08:50 PM
You also can't Rapid Shot in a grapple. You can make as many attacks as your BAB allows, but it doesn't count as a full attack.

Lateral
2013-06-06, 09:15 PM
Eh, we'll take off the second full-BAB attack and tack on a net -2, that should cover everything.

Lix Lorn
2013-06-06, 10:30 PM
I only tried to attack cause I thought I was swallowed. I'd much rather try and ungrapple myself, which is why I made that roll last post here, but there seems to be absolutely nothing I can do this fight anyway.

Jeff the Green
2013-06-06, 11:55 PM
there seems to be absolutely nothing I can do this fight anyway.

I'll work on that next round. I'm not sure I can get you out of a grapple, but I can blind the toads and give you flanking buddies and/or more attractive targets.

GuyFawkes
2013-06-07, 02:06 AM
I can get you out of a grapple via benign transposition.

Jeff the Green
2013-06-07, 02:07 AM
I can get you out of a grapple via benign transposition.

Wouldn't that put someone else in the grapple?

Edit:
Actually, no, that works. Swap her with Oberron, and he can dimension door away.

GuyFawkes
2013-06-07, 02:12 AM
Yeah, I was gonna go with me getting grappled and then wait to refresh my blink dagger, but that's a better idea. If Oberon has more dimdoor anyway.

BelGareth
2013-06-07, 07:16 PM
If Oberon can touch her when he was grappled, he could have taken her with him?

Lix Lorn
2013-06-07, 09:15 PM
Mrr. Thanks. Sorry, I was feeling very low yesterday, especially with how ineffectual I seem to be in both my PBPs atm.

Lateral
2013-06-07, 09:24 PM
Heh. I've been feeling kind of the same in mine. Don't worry, you'll have an easier time of it in the next fight. (Relatively. Compared to everyone else. :smallamused:)

FYI, I'm pretty sick right now, so the post might have to wait a couple days.

Lix Lorn
2013-06-07, 09:42 PM
Well, there's always the fact that dying only delays me :smalltongue:

Jeff the Green
2013-06-07, 09:44 PM
Well, there's always the fact that dying only delays me :smalltongue:

Yeah, I'm rather glad of that. It means TPKs are almost impossible; you can always just raise us when you're reborn.

Lix Lorn
2013-06-07, 09:46 PM
Vivian: ...sure, I could... or I could take the diamonds... and sell them.

Hopefully a few encounters together will instill some camaraderie. ^_^''

Jeff the Green
2013-06-07, 09:53 PM
Actually, the incantations we're using don't require material components. It's just that if you fail the checks you summon some nasty creatures from Dolurrh. You should be able to take 10 using Davkhur's Manual of the Esoteric. It'd be nice if you had a high enough Heal bonus to hit DC 25 regularly, but you can always resurrect Titania first and have her do the Heal checks.

Lix Lorn
2013-06-07, 09:59 PM
Oh, we're using them!
My mistake.
Vivian: Sure... or I could take the treasure from the dungeon... and sell it!

Lateral
2013-06-07, 10:02 PM
Well, there's always the fact that dying only delays me :smalltongue:

Yeah, considering how she's effectively immortal, Vivian's kind of a coward.

Lix Lorn
2013-06-07, 10:08 PM
Vivian: Dying HURTS. And twenty-four hours is a pretty annoying delay.

Lateral
2013-06-07, 10:27 PM
Dying HURTS.

I find this hilarious, in or out of context.

Lix Lorn
2013-06-07, 10:35 PM
Vivian: Well, it's true! If you expect me to try it, why don't YOU give it a shot some time? :smallmad:

Lateral
2013-06-07, 10:56 PM
Hmm, how to respond...

Lateral: "Tried that once. Got bored. Hell doesn't actually have that much fire in it."

Ahab: "Not unless I take the beast with me. Yarr."

Unobtainium: "...How?"

Eldritch Horror: "...What's 'die'?"

The Evil Midnight Bomber what Bombs at Midnight:

"AN OBJECT AT REST CANNOT BE STOPPED!"

GuyFawkes
2013-06-07, 11:57 PM
Ravana: Wait, you're all going to Hell and you didn't bother inviting me?

In more serious news, will Bel's question about grabbing Vivian as he dimdoors away work?

Also, ineffectual? Try talking to Titania right now. :smallbiggrin:

Jeff the Green
2013-06-08, 12:01 AM
Davkhur: For the last time, there is no hell! Seriously, read a book sometime.

GuyFawkes
2013-06-08, 12:03 AM
Ravana: No, no, no. Screw them books! My mama said the Hells do exist!

Lateral
2013-06-08, 11:36 AM
...Yeah, Oberon should be able to grab Vivian.

Jeff the Green
2013-06-09, 01:39 AM
I guess we're ready to move on to the next round? It'd mean Vivian gets her full attack suite too.

Lateral
2013-06-09, 10:35 AM
Yeah, we are. I'll have it up tonight.

Lateral
2013-06-09, 04:54 PM
[roll0] (Spot- Sleight of Hand)
[roll1] (Listen- Sleight of Hand)
[roll2] (Spot- Hide)
[roll3] (Listen- Move Silently)

[roll4] (Reflex save- Frog 1)
[roll5] (Reflex save- Frog 2)

I'm assuming that Vivian is shooting at the big 'un.

Lateral
2013-06-09, 05:25 PM
The crocodile won't fit with a corner at G9, so I'm putting it at G10.

[roll0] (Titania swallow damage)

[roll1] (grapple touch 3)
[roll2] (grapple check 3)
[roll3] (opposed)
[roll4] (damage- bypasses DR)
[roll5]

[roll6] (attack- Duke)
[roll7] (damage- Duke)
[roll8] (save)
[roll9] (poison)
[roll10] (grapple check Duke)
[roll11] (opposed)
[roll12] (grapple damage)
[roll13] (save)
[roll14] (poison)

Missed.

Jeff the Green
2013-06-09, 05:58 PM
The croc should have hit, since we were going to go with doing a normal grapple attempt rather than a grab. Assuming Oxy's touch AC isn't sky-high.

Lateral
2013-06-09, 06:04 PM
Oh, yeah, I forgot. Still a miss, though, sorry. (You did only roll a 15, after all.)

Jeff the Green
2013-06-09, 10:48 PM
Croc's AoO on Oxy (grapple attempt):

Touch attack [roll0]
Grapple check [roll1]
Damage [roll2]


I put a summary of the greenbound template's effects on Davkhur's sheet at the end of "Other Notes," and from now on I'll include a simplified stat block when I summon them. Here's the croc's:


HD 7d8+49 (80 HP)
AC 23, touch 10, flat-footed 21
BAB/Grapple +5/+28
Attack Bite +14 (2d8+15) or tail slap +14 (1d12+15) or slam +14 (2d6+8)
Saves Fort +11, Ref +7, Will +3

In addition, all Greenbound creatures have the following:

Plant type (notably, immune to mind-affecting effects, poison, sleep effects, paralysis, polymorph, stunning, and critical hits)
DR 10/magic and slashing, natural attacks overcome same
Fast healing 3
Resistance 10 to cold and electricity
Tremorsense 60'
SLAs (at will entangle, pass without trace, speak with plants; 1/day wall of thorns)


Everything else is the same (except ability scores, which are factored into the stat block).

(Oh, and actually he rolled an 18, because I forgot to incorporate the +6 Strength from greenbound. Retconning would be a pain anyway.)

Jeff the Green
2013-06-10, 12:30 AM
Once I know if that AoO grapple worked I'll do the croc's and Davkhur's turns.

Lateral
2013-06-10, 05:52 PM
[roll0]

...It works.

Jeff the Green
2013-06-10, 11:00 PM
Out of four d20s, I rolled a 1 and three 2s. :smallsigh: At least that natural one on the grapple check doesn't automatically fail.

Lateral
2013-06-10, 11:02 PM
Yeah, you really don't even need to roll- your modifier is more than 20 higher than his.

[roll0]

Jeff the Green
2013-06-10, 11:06 PM
Well, there's always the possibility he can manifest expansion or something like that.

Also, Spellcraft on whatever he tried to cast is take 10 for 24, autosuccess on everything but epic spells.

Lateral
2013-06-10, 11:10 PM
It was Summon Monster V.

Lateral
2013-06-11, 02:45 PM
Guy, you didn't actually tell me which invocations Ravana just used.

Jeff the Green
2013-06-11, 06:13 PM
(1d20+6)[23] for the lie.

Hey! The RNG decided not to screw me over! That's weird.

GuyFawkes
2013-06-12, 01:08 AM
Guy, you didn't actually tell me which invocations Ravana just used.

Ah, Sorry. They're just normal weapon invocations. One is a Glaive, the other is a Greatsword. No special effects or anything.


Hey! The RNG decided not to screw me over! That's weird.

Funny this is a common thing I've heard from all my games today (around 10+). The RNG does indeed have its days.

BelGareth
2013-06-12, 11:37 AM
welp, that should hurt.

Lateral
2013-06-12, 03:06 PM
You'd think so, wouldn't you? :smallamused:

BelGareth
2013-06-12, 03:20 PM
You'd think so, wouldn't you? :smallamused:

Awww, you just made me a sad panda....:smallsigh:

GuyFawkes
2013-06-12, 03:30 PM
If that didn't hit, then this Oxyacetylene dude sure is tough.

Jeff the Green
2013-06-12, 03:30 PM
AAAAGH! No, don't send an enervation at the guy my crocodile has in his jaws. You have a 50% chance of hitting either grappler!

Lateral
2013-06-12, 03:46 PM
Oh, yes, I forgot. Damn this forum and its lack of an :evilgrin: smiley...

[roll0]

Hits the crocodile on a one.
No, not really. I'll let it slide, this time, since I forgot and since it can't possibly turn out good for you guys, but I won't forget next time.

BelGareth
2013-06-12, 04:23 PM
Oh, yes, I forgot. Damn this forum and its lack of an :evilgrin: smiley...

[roll0]

Hits the crocodile on a one.
No, not really. I'll let it slide, this time, since I forgot and since it can't possibly turn out good for you guys, but I won't forget next time.

wow, just wow......

:smallredface:

GuyFawkes
2013-06-12, 10:48 PM
Yup, that's it. I'm not doing any rolls today.

Jeff the Green
2013-06-16, 08:20 AM
Lateral, maybe we could set a time limit before you NPC someone for a round? Like if someone hasn't posted within two days after the enemies go they get NPCed?

Lateral
2013-06-16, 08:37 AM
Yeah, that's a good idea, but honestly finals are this week and I just don't have time. I'll prod Lix, but I'm probably not going to have time until Friday to do the next NPC post anyway.

Lateral
2013-06-19, 01:15 PM
[roll0] (Concentration)
...Huh.

[roll1] (Listen)
[roll2] (Spot)

[roll3] (Titania acid damage)

Lateral
2013-06-19, 01:33 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Lateral
2013-06-19, 02:15 PM
Oh! Almost forgot!

[roll0]
[roll1]

Jeff the Green
2013-06-21, 12:26 AM
Hmmm. How dangerous is the Archduke to you guys? Unless you think it's important to take him out relatively quickly, I'm mostly going to wait and use very low level spells to keep Oxy in the grapple.

GuyFawkes
2013-06-21, 11:08 PM
I'm not too concerned with the big bullcrap. I mean bullfrog. But most of my damaging attacks might affect the croc if I target Oxy since they're grappling. So either I'm gonna wait for the others, or just attack the Archduke.

Jeff the Green
2013-06-21, 11:09 PM
I'm not too concerned with the big bullcrap. I mean bullfrog. But most of my damaging attacks might affect the croc if I target Oxy since they're grappling. So either I'm gonna wait for the others, or just attack the Archduke.

Can't you just use melee? There's no chance of hitting the wrong grappler for melee attacks, just ranged.

GuyFawkes
2013-06-22, 06:14 AM
I could, but then I'd be in range of the bull frog. And I have only so much HP left after being harrassed by both enemies and allies alike, thank you very much. That said, was it Oxy who had high AC or the Archduke?

Jeff the Green
2013-06-22, 07:01 AM
I think both. But if you're worried about the archduke, just move to H10 or so. Oxy occupies the same space as the croc, so you can attack him from there too. Also maybe wait until Lateral rolls Will saves, since stunning could make a big difference.

Lateral
2013-06-22, 08:37 AM
That said, was it Oxy who had high AC or the Archduke?
Yes.


Also maybe wait until Lateral rolls Will saves, since stunning could make a big difference.
I don't roll until everyone has gone.

Jeff the Green
2013-06-22, 08:22 PM
Concentration (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/concentration.htm) for casting spell while damaged is DC 10 + damage = 45
In other words, he's not casting this turn. :smallamused:

Lateral
2013-06-22, 09:35 PM
...Hell, you guys are gonna actually kill him. I was gonna make him a recurring villain. :smallannoyed:

Oh, well, that's what I like about this kind of game. I get to throw ****ty twists at you, and you get to throw them back in my face. :smalltongue:

GuyFawkes
2013-06-23, 12:10 AM
And who said the blaster was feeling out of place? :smalltongue:

That said, if you want Oxy to return, there's always Kuchiyose no Jutsu!!:smallbiggrin:

BelGareth
2013-06-25, 11:54 AM
In other words, he's not casting this turn. :smallamused:

Well, that was the idea, turns out i thought of something useful!


And who said the blaster was feeling out of place? :smalltongue:

That said, if you want Oxy to return, there's always Kuchiyose no Jutsu!!:smallbiggrin:

Yeah, I think I just needed to find my niche.

Lateral
2013-06-25, 12:02 PM
Ugh. Look, I'm just going to go ahead and NPC lix if she doesn't post by the time I get back.

Lix Lorn
2013-06-25, 05:46 PM
'm sorry. I'm finding it hard to post, since I do the same thing every round, and miss. Should've built an initiator.

Jeff the Green
2013-06-25, 05:59 PM
'm sorry. I'm finding it hard to post, since I do the same thing every round, and miss. Should've built an initiator.

Maybe rebuild next level? A desert wind taiga storm swordsage would be similar enough to not be too out there.

'Course, this would depend on making it to the next level. PBP is kind of slow that way.

Lix Lorn
2013-06-25, 09:40 PM
Maybe... I built for one trick, then had that trick nerfed, then found I hadn't built it very well. Sooooo...

Lateral
2013-06-25, 09:55 PM
If you're feeling like you aren't contributing, we can unnerf her.

Lix Lorn
2013-06-25, 10:40 PM
Problem is she does fine damage if she hits, she just never hits. xD I just screwed up.

Lateral
2013-06-26, 07:04 PM
...So were you planning to go, or...?

Lix Lorn
2013-06-27, 12:42 AM
It's way too late for me to post now, I'm barely awake... it's probably best you skip me, unless you're still waiting tomorrow.

Lateral
2013-06-27, 07:00 PM
...And now it's today. Sorry, I've been away. Lix, if you don't post in the next half hour, we're moving on.

Lateral
2013-06-27, 07:37 PM
First things first, the Reflex save against Ravana's attack.
[roll0]
...Huh.

Also, the Will saves vs. that color srpay.

[roll1]
[roll2]

Jeff the Green
2013-06-27, 11:32 PM
How close is Oxy to dying with Ravanna's attacks?

Lateral
2013-06-27, 11:33 PM
The same as he was after the last round.

...Ravana's attacks all missed.

(The reason I didn't give you a map is because he's at 4 HP. Hell, your crocodile's grapple will flat-out kill him.)

Jeff the Green
2013-06-27, 11:34 PM
How about after [roll0]?

Lateral
2013-06-28, 12:25 AM
Yeah, that'll do it.

GuyFawkes
2013-06-28, 12:39 PM
See? Why I hesitated meleeing the guy. I just plain suck with my rolls in this forum when they count. I almost critted the stupid useless frog but rolled a 1 on Oxy. That about sums up this game for me. :smallamused:

BelGareth
2013-06-28, 12:53 PM
can we please rest?

I have plenty of spells left, but oh god this game has been one thing into another into another into another....

GuyFawkes
2013-06-28, 01:03 PM
Ravana's not going anywhere. He's the "tank/only melee in the party" and he's got 30-something HP left.

Lateral
2013-06-28, 01:37 PM
Arright! Everyone gains 1120 XP, except for Davhkur, who gets 1365. (Also, aren't you guys going to loot Oxy's corpse?)

BelGareth
2013-06-28, 02:48 PM
are we doing pf magic identifying or 3.5?

Cause I don't got Identify or any other more powerful derivative...

Lateral
2013-06-28, 02:49 PM
3.5.

BelGareth
2013-06-28, 03:01 PM
3.5.

well crap

OBeron will cast detect magic on them to see if they are magical, buts about it.

Lateral
2013-06-28, 03:02 PM
They're all magical except for the armor.

GuyFawkes
2013-06-28, 03:49 PM
Don't sweat it. That's why we keep the undead thing around, oui? That's his department. :smallwink:

BelGareth
2013-06-28, 03:52 PM
Don't sweat it. That's why we keep the undead thing around, oui? That's his department. :smallwink:

Does he have Identify? Hope so. Otherwise he is useless....:smallbiggrin:

Jeff the Green
2013-06-28, 04:40 PM
Yep, Davkhur has Identify. He'll need to rest to prepare it, though

Lateral
2013-06-28, 07:57 PM
The belt is just another Healing Belt. The cloak is a Shadow Cloak. The shield is a +1 Death Ward Heavy Wooden Shield. The rod is an Immovable Rod.

FYI, I'm away until next Tuesday with little to no internet access. Feel free to lick your wounds until then.

Jeff the Green
2013-06-28, 10:18 PM
Where's the Shadow Cloak from? I know you have one in Ravenloft, but you don't list a source there, either. (Speaking of, it'd be nice if you fixed that when you get a chance.)

Lateral
2013-06-28, 10:41 PM
Drow of the Underdark. (I wish I hadn't decided to get that thing, though. Friggin' teleporting only in response to an attack. Should've bought an Anklet of Translocation. Would've been way cheaper, too.)

Jeff the Green
2013-06-29, 11:54 AM
Okay. My analysis of loot:

We can always use another healing belt.
No one can wear the armor, so it gets cannibalized for item creation.
Likewise with the shield.
The cloak could be useful. Davkhur could use it, but he prefers not to be attacked in the first place and has other means of escape and extrication, so someone else (Titania or Vivian, probably) would get more use out of it.
...Why would you ever want an immovable rod? :smallconfused:

BelGareth
2013-06-29, 11:58 AM
...Why would you ever want an immovable rod? :smallconfused:
[/LIST]

WHAT?????

Immovable rods are like the most best magic item EVERRRRR!!!!

man, you can do so many useful things with them, if you have two even more so!

You could literally climb up anything, even nothing!

Oberon will take it, if you don't want it...:smallbiggrin:

Jeff the Green
2013-06-29, 11:59 AM
You could literally climb up anything, even nothing!

...you have nonmagical flight. :smallannoyed:

BelGareth
2013-06-29, 12:11 PM
...you have nonmagical flight. :smallannoyed:

Ah...yes I do.

:smallredface:

Jeff the Green
2013-07-02, 12:03 PM
Oberon smiles, "There is nothing there that will help me," he bobs his head in affirmation "of course, just as long as we rest a while."
Didn't we just sleep? I mean, Davkhur only has one level 1 Archivist slot left, but that's not exactly crippling.

BelGareth
2013-07-02, 12:08 PM
Didn't we just sleep? I mean, Davkhur only has one level 1 Archivist slot left, but that's not exactly crippling.

God, I'm an idiot, i'll edit my post.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-02, 06:31 PM
Also gonna buff with lore of the gods (+10 to Knowledge checks for 70 minutes), and two people (Ravanna and... Vivian?) have the standard 7-hour, +3 NA barkskin.

Lateral, would you give me the time elapsed on any out-of-combat things we do so I can keep track of durations?

Oh, and I don't think it's come up, but I've forgotten Insidious, Pernicious, and Tenacious Magic. So I get +4 to CL checks to beat SR, the DC to dispel my spells is 15+spell level, and detecting my spells with divinations requires a DC 11+my CL (total 18 right now) CL check. There's a note on my character sheet by my spells, but I wanted to remind you.

Edit:
...I'd probably better check for traps too. Take 10 for 22.

Edit 2:
I set up a spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiCd3kHd21VzdHVkbEZFbUVfWm0wdVdXSlU1VUhIN EE#gid=0) for dividing loot. If you want to claim something, put a 1 in your column. It automatically calculates how much stuff we have for crafting and what that will "buy" us. At the moment Titania owes us 3,269 GP worth from future treasure and the rest of us have 3,605 GP each to turn into equipment (including what Titania owes us).

Lateral
2013-07-03, 09:44 AM
Lateral, would you give me the time elapsed on any out-of-combat things we do so I can keep track of durations?
Sure, but nothing carries over from the night before.


Edit:
...I'd probably better check for traps too. Take 10 for 22.
In the hole? You don't find anything.

Guys, sorry about this, but I'm going up the coast for the weekend. I leave tomorrow morning, so I'll update today, but after that I won't be back until at least Sunday, possibly Monday or Tuesday. (And I won't have any internet access, unlike last time.)

BelGareth
2013-07-03, 11:04 AM
Sure, but nothing carries over from the night before.


In the hole? You don't find anything.

Guys, sorry about this, but I'm going up the coast for the weekend. I leave tomorrow morning, so I'll update today, but after that I won't be back until at least Sunday, possibly Monday or Tuesday. (And I won't have any internet access, unlike last time.)

No worries, have fun on your 4th!

GuyFawkes
2013-07-03, 12:23 PM
Oh yeah, the 4th is some big thing for you guys in that part of the world. Or just a coincidence that he's taking his trip. Probably not. Enjoy anyways!

BelGareth
2013-07-03, 12:24 PM
Oh yeah, the 4th is some big thing for you guys in that part of the world. Or just a coincidence that he's taking his trip. Probably not. Enjoy anyways!

Pfff, some big thing, it's just the greatest holiday in the land of the FREE!!!

http://i.imgur.com/ZxDgZ.jpg

GuyFawkes
2013-07-03, 12:28 PM
Pfff, some big thing, it's just the greatest holiday in the land of the FREE!!!

http://i.imgur.com/ZxDgZ.jpg

Lol. I like the eagle.

Lix Lorn
2013-07-03, 12:31 PM
Excuse me? (http://th1ngsth4tm4k3m3h4ppy.tumblr.com/post/40777058426/healthiie-notdeansdivision-snakegrin)

Lateral
2013-07-03, 12:32 PM
Pfff, some big thing, it's just the greatest holiday in the land of the FREE!!!

http://i.imgur.com/ZxDgZ.jpg
Heh.

And actually, yeah, it is a coincidence. Well, it's not, but the only reason we're doing it this weekend is because my parents get a long weekend off from work for it. We might even be missing fireworks entirely.

GuyFawkes
2013-07-03, 12:37 PM
Excuse me? (http://th1ngsth4tm4k3m3h4ppy.tumblr.com/post/40777058426/healthiie-notdeansdivision-snakegrin)

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvp7hqhgSG1qcno0fo1_250.gif

BelGareth
2013-07-03, 12:46 PM
Excuse me? (http://th1ngsth4tm4k3m3h4ppy.tumblr.com/post/40777058426/healthiie-notdeansdivision-snakegrin)

Actually Ecuador is better with human rights and such...(I think, not sure) lol, I like the US eagle meme because it's so not true. And of course I am American, so gotta have that Murica spirit.

You know, contradictions and all...

EDIT:
http://i.imgur.com/k1QRIcQ.jpg

Jeff the Green
2013-07-03, 02:28 PM
Oh, a shallow hole. Skip the spiderclimb, then.

Also, Knowledge (a&e): [roll0] (discharging lore of the gods to make check as though trained, reduces duration to 7 minutes).

Lateral
2013-07-03, 03:19 PM
It's so that the door won't open once closed. There's not much showing, but you can't see a power source, so you have no idea how much force the mechanisms have (and therefore, both how hard it would be to push open and how strongly you would need to jam it in order to keep it from closing).

BelGareth
2013-07-03, 03:41 PM
It's so that the door won't open once closed. There's not much showing, but you can't see a power source, so you have no idea how much force the mechanisms have (and therefore, both how hard it would be to push open and how strongly you would need to jam it in order to keep it from closing).

Looks like the Immovable rod will be of use after all.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-03, 03:46 PM
Looks like the Immovable rod will be of use after all.

Immovable rods aren't immovable; they can be moved with a DC 30 Strength check. So if the door has an effective strength of at least 30 it will be able to move it.

Lateral
2013-07-03, 03:49 PM
Immovable rods aren't immovable; they can be moved with a DC 30 Strength check. So if the door has an effective strength of at least 30 it will be able to move it.

Even then, it'd take a couple minutes.

BelGareth
2013-07-03, 04:15 PM
Immovable rods aren't immovable; they can be moved with a DC 30 Strength check. So if the door has an effective strength of at least 30 it will be able to move it.

30 strength would only give it a +10 mod, so it would still need to roll high.

Better than nothing at this point.

GuyFawkes
2013-07-03, 11:05 PM
Plus if beaten it only moves fast enough that we could still go out if we wanted. But it's better if we had some way to know what's in there.

Lateral
2013-07-07, 10:17 PM
All right, so I'm back, whenever you guys are ready to go.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-07, 10:24 PM
Summon dead monkey?

GuyFawkes
2013-07-08, 05:16 AM
You may continue with torturing our characters however you please with the game, sir.

Lateral
2013-07-08, 10:31 AM
I'm ready, but someone's going to have to do something.

Lateral
2013-07-10, 10:16 AM
...Is anyone going to do anything? I gave Davhkur results for his search.

Lateral
2013-07-10, 10:11 PM
Hmm.
[roll0] (Vivian)
[roll1] (Davhkur)
[roll2] (Oberon)
[roll3] (Ravana)
[roll4] (Titania)

Jeff the Green
2013-07-10, 11:06 PM
Initiative order?

Also, ID:

Statues I'm guessing are constructs, so K (a): [roll0]
Tapestries ditto: [roll1]
K (pl) for the scorpions: [roll2]
I'm guessing I can't ID the undead just based on mindsight, but just in case, K (r): [roll3]

Lateral
2013-07-10, 11:25 PM
Statues
They're animated objects. Standard as they come, really. Make a Knowledge (A&E) check.
Tapestries
Ditto. Not much to say, really. Animated tapestries. They'll probably try to wrap around you.
Scorpions
They're called crysmals. They're a type of earth elemental with a particular affinity for gems, and they have some minor psionic powers. You pretty much know everything in the statblock.
Undead
You really can't. However, you know of many different types of creatures that can possess others, and you suspect that what the... whatever-it-is is doing to the fourth crysmal is similar.

You congratulate yourself for figuring this out. You think that you're very smart, clever, handsome, and even modest, too. You think that everyone else in the party is stupid for not figuring this out. Especially that damn bird.

You guys win every initiative roll, anyway. Stupid gloura, stupid +12 initiative, stupid self deciding to run group initiative...

Just go.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-10, 11:33 PM
They're animated objects. Standard as they come, really. Make a Knowledge (A&E) check.

[roll0] (untrained)


You congratulate yourself for figuring this out. You think that you're very smart, clever, handsome, and even modest, too. You think that everyone else in the party is stupid for not figuring this out. Especially that damn bird.

Well, that goes without saying.

Oh, and in case anyone didn't open my spoiler, everyone gets +3 to hit crysmals for the rest of the encounter. Yay Dark Knowledge!

Lateral
2013-07-11, 12:13 AM
[roll0] (untrained)


That metal they're covered in? It's mithril. That means that they have hardness 15, to be clear.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-12, 02:17 AM
Does web work there? It needs to be anchored.

GuyFawkes
2013-07-12, 11:41 AM
It has enough area to be anchored from wall to wall (ie north and east wall). If that doesn' work due to squares and circles difference, there's still that pillar on J4 (or L7 for that matter) to anchor it.

Lateral
2013-07-12, 12:16 PM
Yeah, it should work fine.

So, just BelGareth, then? I'd like to be able to update today, but I've got a lot of work later, so I'd appreciate it if I could do the NPCs soon.

BelGareth
2013-07-12, 12:26 PM
Yeah, it should work fine.

So, just BelGareth, then? I'd like to be able to update today, but I've got a lot of work later, so I'd appreciate it if I could do the NPCs soon.

posted, monsieur

Lateral
2013-07-12, 12:31 PM
Hmm.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Lateral
2013-07-12, 01:53 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]

[roll16]
[roll17]

Jeff the Green
2013-07-12, 06:40 PM
So how did that grapple work? Do the statues have improved grab with their swords?

Lateral
2013-07-12, 10:31 PM
No, the grapple is unrelated to the statue. Make a Spellcraft check.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-12, 10:33 PM
Spellcraft: [roll0]

Well, that can't be good.

So what does Davkhur feel as he's grappled?

Lateral
2013-07-12, 10:45 PM
Yeah, you don't know squat, but it's not coming from anyone actually grappling you. It pretty much just feels like crushing force, coming from all sides, trying to wrestle you to the ground. Oh, and teleporting away doesn't help, and you really can't hide while grappled.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-12, 10:58 PM
Huh. Would have been nice to know, as that probably would have changed my response, but it's too late now.

Lateral
2013-07-12, 10:59 PM
No, he would've been able to tell that teleporting wouldn't help, so you can change what he does.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-12, 11:02 PM
I'm guessing the +19 is the spell's(?) grapple modifier?

Lateral
2013-07-12, 11:02 PM
Yes.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-12, 11:46 PM
If someone could either move the statue that's threatening Davkhur or provoke an AoO from it, I'd appreciate it. I have to make a DC 20 Concentration check to cast in a grapple anyway; trying to cast defensively too drops the probability of succeeding to less than half.

GuyFawkes
2013-07-13, 12:19 AM
Which one is it?

Jeff the Green
2013-07-13, 12:21 AM
The one on the map that's right next to Davkhur... uh... S6? I think that's a 'six'.

GuyFawkes
2013-07-13, 12:29 AM
I'm still confused with the colors but I'm assuming the yellow blot is Dakhvur. Also, yeah, I think that's a 6. Anyway, I'll post later, off to school.

BelGareth
2013-07-13, 12:18 PM
I changed my action slightly, at first I just wanted to make sure the cone would cover what I thought it would, and then I realized if Dav is staying, then Oberon can cover more of them:


https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-gnXjT8EEJU0/UeGLb-zTkUI/AAAAAAAAEDE/ehzRzVKFMyM/w860-h553-no/Oberons+Burst+of+flame.jpg

Jeff the Green
2013-07-13, 04:06 PM
Aren't you going to provoke an AoO, GuyFawkes? I really can't do anything unless you do, and there's really very little chance you're going to destroy the statue with one full attack.

Lateral
2013-07-13, 06:58 PM
Well, the statue is tripped and possibly staggered.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-13, 07:11 PM
Well, the statue is tripped and possibly staggered.

So does it not threaten, then?

Lateral
2013-07-13, 07:17 PM
It does, but its attack roll is at -2. It's not going to hit you.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-13, 07:40 PM
It does, but its attack roll is at -2. It's not going to hit you.

Yeah, it only has to roll a 14 to hit me. I lose my Dex bonus, so my AC is 12. I'd really prefer someone kept it from attacking me in the first place, since I literally get one shot at this. I have one use of my SLA, and don't have any other spells that might get me out of this without somatic components or that I can slap Still Spell on. If I fail I have to spend the rest of the combat (until it wears off) casting everything Stilled and only from my Beguiler list.

BelGareth
2013-07-13, 08:00 PM
Yeah, it only has to roll a 14 to hit me. I lose my Dex bonus, so my AC is 12. I'd really prefer someone kept it from attacking me in the first place, since I literally get one shot at this. I have one use of my SLA, and don't have any other spells that might get me out of this without somatic components or that I can slap Still Spell on. If I fail I have to spend the rest of the combat (until it wears off) casting everything Stilled and only from my Beguiler list.

If no one else can do anything, Oberon can redact is action and DD both of you somewhere else, he has sup invis up, so no aoo for him to cast.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-13, 08:02 PM
Unfortunately it's a spell grappling Davkhur, so teleporting away won't help. If it would, he could do it himself with Shadow Jaunt.

GuyFawkes
2013-07-13, 11:16 PM
The statue is prone, so that's a -4 to melee attacks it does. Add to that -4 from cover around the corner, so that's an effective +8 to your AC. I forgot about provoking AoO, but your odds of not getting hit are higher. Or you could just wait the next round to try your trick.

Lateral
2013-07-13, 11:17 PM
The door doesn't provide cover.

GuyFawkes
2013-07-13, 11:47 PM
Ah, is that gray thing the door? Well then.

Lateral
2013-07-16, 12:13 AM
So... did one of you have a plan of some kind, or...?

Jeff the Green
2013-07-16, 12:22 AM
Ah, I think I have an idea. Concentration to cast in a grapple (DC 20): [roll0] Of all the...

Lateral
2013-07-16, 02:35 PM
Lix? Derj?

Lateral
2013-07-16, 04:06 PM
...Huh. Derj, your arrows kill the statue- you can redirect the last two shots, since the others kill it first.

Derjuin
2013-07-16, 04:12 PM
...Huh. Derj, your arrows kill the statue- you can redirect the last two shots, since the others kill it first.

Alright, I put indicators in my spoiler - the last 2 shots are aimed at S1.

Lateral
2013-07-16, 08:26 PM
Lix, obviously it doesn't matter this round, but in the future could you specify where you plan to move and who you plan to shoot? I mean, I could keep just picking someone nearby and some random space, but eventually that might put you in a bad spot.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Lix Lorn
2013-07-16, 08:36 PM
Oh. I was shooting the same scorpion as last time, and then moving /up/ xD
How tall are the ceilings?

Lateral
2013-07-16, 09:09 PM
Hmm, I don't think I ever said... let's make this an enormous room and say 80 feet.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]

Lateral
2013-07-16, 09:13 PM
Oh, right.
[roll0]
[roll1]

BelGareth
2013-07-16, 09:20 PM
Just saying, Oberon is still invisible. FYI. :smallbiggrin:

Lateral
2013-07-16, 09:24 PM
Well, they still know where you are (since you did just blast them with a spell that emanates from your square and all), but I'll roll miss chance.

...Well, I would, if they hadn't rolled a consecutive 2 and 1. :smallsigh:

Lix Lorn
2013-07-16, 09:46 PM
Hmm, I don't think I ever said... let's make this an enormous room and say 80 feet.
Then yeah, straight up.

GuyFawkes
2013-07-16, 10:00 PM
Do we actually know which one's doing the pinning or are we just assuming it's the possessed one?

Lateral
2013-07-16, 10:04 PM
You don't know, but it's the only one not doing something else, and let's face it, what else could it be?

Jeff the Green
2013-07-17, 09:58 PM
You don't know, but it's the only one not doing something else, and let's face it, what else could it be?

IT'S A TRAP!

Ahem.

Let's see if I can cast this round (DC 20 Concentration): [roll0] Yay!
If successful, greater dispel magic SLA, CL check: [roll1] So, if it has a CL of 6 or lower, it's gone. I need to know so I can do the rest of my turn.

Actually... I'm guessing it's telekinetic maneuver, which means it fails. Maybe someone could try to interrupt its concentration so I don't have to spend another round doing nothing.

GuyFawkes
2013-07-17, 10:06 PM
I'd do it, but I won't be surprised if it actually is a trap. :smallbiggrin:

Lateral
2013-07-17, 10:06 PM
Yeah, it fails. Sorry.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-18, 08:23 AM
If someone manages to disrupt the spell, do I get released in time to act, or have I wasted my turn trying to dispel it?

Lateral
2013-07-18, 09:42 AM
No, you can go if someone disrupts it. You're prone, though.

Lateral
2013-07-18, 11:44 AM
And... were you guys going to do anything?

I should probably point out that crysmals have immunity to fire and cold, though. Davhkur seems to have neglected to mention that, but Lix's blasts won't really help here, and that cone of fire didn't hurt them at all.

Lix Lorn
2013-07-18, 02:04 PM
my blasts are only half-cold damage...

GuyFawkes
2013-07-18, 02:12 PM
Sorry for the delay. Really busy this week. Hopefully tomorrow I can get something in.

Lateral
2013-07-18, 04:59 PM
No problem, as long as the game keeps running.

BelGareth
2013-07-18, 05:27 PM
re rolling my failed attempt

[roll0]

Lateral
2013-07-18, 06:13 PM
Huh.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

...The statues are dead, the crysmal isn't. The rest of you, act accordingly.

BelGareth
2013-07-18, 06:17 PM
Huh.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

...The statues are dead, the crysmal isn't. The rest of you, act accordingly.

Did the crysmal not take any wounds, or is it just injured?

Lateral
2013-07-18, 06:17 PM
Injured, but not dead. It made its save.

So, I suppose it's up to the other three of you to hit C4.

Lateral
2013-07-18, 09:17 PM
[roll0] vs. DC 22
[roll1] vs. DC 24

No loss of spell, keep trying.

Lateral
2013-07-19, 10:49 PM
[roll0] v. 26
[roll1] v. 25

[roll2] (C2- DC 22)
[roll3] (C3- DC 22)
[roll4] (C4- DC 22)

...22 is the DC for your Star of Courage, right?

EDIT: Hah! Davhkur is free, and three of the scorpions are Crushing Despair'd. Also, C4 is dead, so I'm going to go make a partial post.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-19, 11:18 PM
Moment of Perfect Mind: [roll0] Whew.

Knowledge (religion) to ID: [roll1]

Lateral
2013-07-19, 11:31 PM
Nice save, there.

Davhkur
It's a ghost. Specifically, a ghost human. You have no idea what's up with the eyes or tentacles; you note that while ghosts sometimes have gaze attacks, they do not normally reach that far, nor do they usually have that effect. Aside from the stuff with the tentacles, you know pretty much everything in the ghost statblock- presumably, given the way it possessed that scorpion, it has the Malevolence special attack, and of course it also has Telekinesis judging by the way it pushed you to the ground, but ghosts have been known to possess up to three of these abilities, and you have no way of knowing if it possesses a third.

GuyFawkes
2013-07-19, 11:33 PM
Nice save. :smallbiggrin:

Also, very glad my barrage of abysmal rolls hit. :smallbiggrin:

Now, what ugly thing do we have here?

Jeff the Green
2013-07-19, 11:39 PM
It's a ghost. Davkhur will relay that IC in a bit.

Now, what kind of wall would make a ghost not want to cross it. Fire or force, I suppose, but is there a better one?

Jeff the Green
2013-07-20, 01:06 AM
Never mind.

In case anyone doesn't open my spoiler, you all know pretty much everything in the spoiler Lateral just posted to Davkhur, and everyone gets a +3 bonus on saves versus the ghost.

BelGareth
2013-07-20, 10:21 AM
Was that a gaze attack?
If so, does the ghost see through the greater invis? (seems like everything is right now)

Just curious.

If not, then you guys have a fun 3 rounds!

Lateral
2013-07-20, 10:26 AM
It's a gaze. And it affects you regardless of whether it can see you- what matters is whether you can see it.

Lix, I think we're just waiting on you.

Lix Lorn
2013-07-21, 03:09 PM
For once I have an excuse, since I was out all of yesterday. xD

Lateral
2013-07-21, 03:15 PM
Yeah, I noticed. Don't worry too much about it.

Lateral
2013-07-21, 03:24 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]

Lateral
2013-07-21, 03:31 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]

Lateral
2013-07-21, 03:40 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Lateral
2013-07-21, 03:52 PM
[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

All right, that should do it.

Lix Lorn
2013-07-21, 04:23 PM
I'm now slightly scared. I need fly-by attack.

Lateral
2013-07-21, 04:24 PM
Don't be. You guys have basically won at this point. >_>

Jeff the Green
2013-07-21, 04:33 PM
What was the fire DC? I might want to use Action Before Thought instead.

Edit:
Oh, and is the ghost actually gone, or can Davkhur still sense its mind?

Lateral
2013-07-21, 05:12 PM
DC 23, and nope, it's completely gone.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-21, 05:34 PM
Action Before Thought Concentration check: [roll0]

Jeff the Green
2013-07-21, 06:22 PM
Of the two crysmals, which seems the most damaged?

Lateral
2013-07-21, 06:33 PM
C3. You guys haven't hurt C2 at all.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-21, 06:57 PM
Huh. It just occurred to me that my Knowledge check to ID the ghost should have been ten higher (so 40) because of lore of the gods. Does that get me anything more?

Lateral
2013-07-21, 08:21 PM
Let's say yes. Given the nature of the energy on its hands, you can determine that it does have a third special attack, and that special attack is draining touch.

Actually, make a Knowledge (Arcana).

Jeff the Green
2013-07-21, 08:23 PM
Knowledge (arcana) [roll0]. +5 if Collector of Stories applies.

Lateral
2013-07-21, 09:06 PM
All right, few things.

Jeff, Oberon already cast Haste on you all. Your buff is useless.

Derj, misses are on a 1. If none miss, then your fifth attack kills the crysmal, so you can redirect your sixth as desired.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
ed: Nope, needs all arrows to kill.

Davhkur
Given the shade of purple that the ghost emits (which is the same as that which could be seen from the mouth of the cavern), it seems likely that it, like many of the other monsters inhabiting the Mournland, has been twisted and mutated as a result of the Mourning. As such, you really have no way to tell what powers it could possess. Make two Psicraft checks, if you can.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-21, 09:22 PM
Jeff, Oberon already cast Haste on you all. Your buff is useless.

Ah, I didn't realize that. I'll update my post.

And I'm not trained in psicraft, so no joy.

Lateral
2013-07-21, 09:28 PM
Mmkay. You might not even want to bother casting- at this point, Vivian or Ravana can probably wrap up the last crysmal, and the rest are all stuck in that web.

GuyFawkes
2013-07-22, 12:25 PM
I just realized I can't actually effectively use Disruptive Discharge (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Disruptive_Discharge) since, well, when I know there is a spell cast, it's already resolved. So, I'll just declare that Ravana will use it when he sees an opponent casting from now on.

Also, friggin Nerveskitter. When will I ever remember to use it? But we're doing group initiatives right? So I guess it really doesn't matter much.

GuyFawkes
2013-07-22, 12:44 PM
Damn, forgot the attack roll, sorry:
[roll0]

Lateral
2013-07-22, 01:03 PM
All of the non-Webbed monsters are now dead.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-22, 05:37 PM
Also, friggin Nerveskitter. When will I ever remember to use it? But we're doing group initiatives right? So I guess it really doesn't matter much.

Speaking of, group initiative and Titania's ridiculous initiative make my eternal wand of it pretty irrelevant. Could I swap it for another spell?

Lateral
2013-07-22, 05:38 PM
Sure, why the hell not.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-23, 05:23 AM
Y'know, since all but the webbed things are dead, we can probably finish up without rolling. Any application of fire burns them and the creatures inside take fire damage (in addition to the spell's damage). Fire seemed to get rid of the tapestries, and the statues can be dealt with before setting the web alight.

Lateral
2013-07-23, 07:45 AM
Burning the tapestries does 2d4, it's not going to kill them, and the guy who does lots of fire damage is out for two more rounds.

Lateral
2013-07-23, 10:06 AM
Actually, yeah, what the hell. Unless anyone else has objections, I'm going to go ahead and have you guys just snipe the statues to death and then torch the web and tapestries.

BelGareth
2013-07-23, 11:29 AM
Oberon will lose a 2nd (Scorching ray), if that's cool.

Lateral
2013-07-23, 11:56 AM
Works for me. Now break down the door and get moving.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-23, 12:18 PM
With combat over, I'm going to switch over my eternal wand. Swift invisibility, I believe.

GuyFawkes, a nice choice to replace your nerveskitter might be benign transposition, if you don't have something else in mind.

Lateral
2013-07-23, 07:30 PM
Davhkur, Oberon

There are, of course, cracks between the wall and the door. But... you can't open the lock, because there's no lock to open.

In fact... there are no hinges, either. Hell, a light breeze could knock it over.

GuyFawkes
2013-07-23, 08:57 PM
Jeff, I already have a wand of it though. And I am sure we'd actually use it a lot, as evidenced by experience, but I think we won't use it that much to use it all up before we could find somewhere to buy another one.

Any other suggestions?

Lateral
2013-07-23, 11:17 PM
So, guys, I'm doubling all XP gain (and average treasure, of course) from now on. Maybe get you guys to start leveling a little faster.

As such, you all get 2,320 XP. Except for Davhkur, who gets 2,940.

...Which is enough to bring him up to 8th level. Congratulations, you've caught up to the party. Tell me how you're leveling up, and we'll apply it next time you prepare spells.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-24, 12:28 AM
So, guys, I'm doubling all XP gain (and average treasure, of course) from now on. Maybe get you guys to start leveling a little faster.

As such, you all get 2,320 XP. Except for Davhkur, who gets 2,940.

...Which is enough to bring him up to 8th level. Congratulations, you've caught up to the party. Tell me how you're leveling up, and we'll apply it next time you prepare spells.

Picking up Beguiler 7 and Archivist 6, which gives

+1 all saves (Fort -> 5; Ref -> 4; Will -> 9)
+12 HP -> 96 HP (I think I screwed up and gave myself 8 HD at the beginning; I've never been below 12 HP, though, so no harm done).
+11 skill points (+12 if having worn a +2 Intelligence item the entire level increases skill points)
+1 Dexterity -> 20
Dark knowledge 5/day
4th-level spells on both sides
Advanced learning (shadow conjuration)
Two archivist spells known from the cleric list


Once he actually goes up a level, we'll need to take two days for him to "scribe" SNA IV and heart of earth into his spellshard (he brought the scrolls with him). I haven't decided on the two cleric spells yet.

What do you think about a skilltrick that would let me use my telepathy to communicate with creatures that don't have a language? It'd be once per encounter, obviously, but it'd be nice to be able to give my greenbound summons more tactical instructions or command them to use their SLAs.

Lateral
2013-07-24, 12:58 AM
+11 skill points, I should think.

Done, with the caveat that they're still pretty stupid, and are unlikely to understand complex scenarios.

GuyFawkes
2013-07-24, 08:36 PM
Dayum. Lateral's so hyped up with the next room it's scary. :smallbiggrin:

Lateral
2013-07-24, 08:37 PM
Well, I'd just kind of like to get a move on. See, I'm leaving on Saturday, and I won't be able to update until the seventh.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-24, 08:47 PM
How tall is the vertical shaft, and how small are the grille's holes?

Oh, thought I should mention: when I was building Davkhur I was apparently operating under the assumption that beguiler has 3/4 BAB. It doesn't, so my BAB should be 3 rather than 4.

Lateral
2013-07-24, 08:52 PM
About forty feet, and maybe half an inch.

Lateral
2013-07-24, 09:33 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3] vs. DC 20 ???
[roll4]

[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8] vs. DC 20 ???
[roll9]
-
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]vs. DC 20 ???
[roll14]

Lateral
2013-07-24, 11:23 PM
Whoops, forgot a few.

[roll0] vs. DC 18 lightning gaze
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]