PDA

View Full Version : For Gold & Glory OOC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Jeff the Green
2013-07-25, 07:37 AM
I thought you were going to label rolls from now on so we can know e.g. DCs and enemies' attack rolls. And maybe from now on you could let me roll my own saves so I can decide whether to use my Diamond Mind maneuvers?

Anyway, lore of the gods is still active, so:

Knowledge (religion): [roll0]
Knowledge (planes): [roll1]
Knowledge (arcana): [roll2]
Knowledge (nature): [roll3]
Knowledge (a&e): [roll4] (untrained)

Also, confused. You said three bees in the description, but there are five Bs on the map.

I vote for a rope trick.

Edit:
Davkhur really should have sensed the undead and outsider well before he poked his head through, and that's not something he'd do knowing there were potentially hostile creatures.

Lateral
2013-07-25, 09:10 AM
Arright.

Jeff
The undead are a rare form of fire wraith. They're incorporeal, and they have a burning touch, but their most powerful attack is that they can form a pillar of fire, which they can maintain indefinitely at range.

The outsider is a valkyrie. They're native to Shavarath, are immune to cold, electricity, sonic, and fear, and have several powerful attacks, including a passive gaze attack that does electricity damage, wings capable of making a destructive thunderclap, and several maneuvers, though you don't know which ones.

The bees are simply half-dragon giant bees. Pyroclastic half-dragon giant bees, in fact, which means that they have a powerful breath weapon in the form of a cone of hot ash, but they aren't especially dangerous aside from that- though, being half-dragon, they have claws and teeth, they're not exactly capable combatants, and they die after one sting.

You have no clue what the little orange discs are.
And, yeah, I meant five. Lemme go edit that.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-25, 09:18 AM
Mmmkay. Rope trick, anybody? If Davkhur's at 8 HP, he's in no condition to fight anything.

BelGareth
2013-07-25, 11:59 AM
Mmmkay. Rope trick, anybody? If Davkhur's at 8 HP, he's in no condition to fight anything.

Sounds good to us, you can regale us with your titanic knowledge and we can prep accordingly.

GuyFawkes
2013-07-25, 12:42 PM
Yes, that's me, the rope trick guy. Post coming right up.

Lateral
2013-07-25, 10:18 PM
So what are you guys doing to heal? I'm going to need to know how much you guys have topped off.

I'd recommend all the way, if you weren't already planning on it. This room's not exactly damage-light.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-25, 10:41 PM
Once we're in the rope trick, Davkhur heals completely in about 2.5 minutes. More importantly, we can stay up there for eight hours, giving me time to level up and prepare spells. We could probably barricade ourselves in the crysmal room so I can scribe my druid scrolls, too.

Oh, and a question: How do we decide which outsider comes if I cast lesser plana ally?

Lateral
2013-07-25, 10:52 PM
You worship Aulasha, right? From what I can tell, you don't get to choose, so you're getting a hound archon because I'm not digging through fifteen-odd books to find another Lawful/Good 6 HD outsider.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-25, 10:59 PM
That works. I just wasn't sure if it's different with archivists (since they're not servants of a deity) or in Eberron (since the deities may or may not be real).

Lateral
2013-07-25, 11:06 PM
I think the general stance in Eberron is, "The gods may or may not exist, but the outsiders working for them don't know, either."

...It's a weird place.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-25, 11:16 PM
Another question: given we're under a weird planar lock effect, does dismissal work? (It's not a teleport effect.)

Lateral
2013-07-26, 12:22 AM
Eh, sure, why not.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-26, 01:51 AM
Okay, here are a few ideas for this next room.

Oberon has resist energy (1st), protection from energy (3rd), and mass resist energy (4th) on his spell list. We'll need it.
I have two ways to shut down the valkyrie: dismissal and summons.

Dismissal will remove her outright, but (assuming Lateral hasn't altered it) it only has to roll a 9 on its Will save to ignore it.
Summons will leave it able to do some things, but is a more certain way to lock her down while we deal with the others. Choices include 1d3 giant crocodiles, a smilodon, or a giant constrictor snake.

I'll probably be invisible the entire time, since I don't need to attack to be useful.
Oberon should probably lay down an AoE effect to take out the bugs.
Everyone that's likely to be in melee should get a mage armor to protect against ghosts.
Now that I have shadow conjuration, I can give four of us +2 to attacks or +2 to saves by mimicking create magic tattoo. They last 24 hours, so I can cast them, rest, prepare spells, and still have 16 hours left on them without eating a spell slot.

Finally, Davkhur will cast another lore of the gods immediately and reroll the failed Knowledge (architecture and engineering) check, also using guidance of the avatar. It now counts as trained. [roll0]

Lateral
2013-07-26, 02:04 AM
Davhkur
Those orange disks are explosives used mostly for demolition. They're extremely rare on Khorvaire, but much less so on Sarlona; they create a large, vertical sonic pulse that is capable of destroying large objects quickly.

You know pretty much everything about them- 10 ft. radius cylinder, 5d6 sonic damage and be knocked back 1d6 squares, Reflex save half and negates knockback.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-26, 02:08 AM
Okay, that's not quite what the ones in SoS are. What's the trigger?

Lateral
2013-07-26, 02:14 AM
Timed, and they're color-coded. Orange is the lowest, one round.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-26, 02:16 AM
How do you start the timer? Does any damage set them off without delay?

Lateral
2013-07-26, 02:17 AM
You throw them at a surface. They're spheres that flatten upon impact. And yes.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-26, 02:19 AM
Wouldn't they already have gone off, then?

Lateral
2013-07-26, 02:29 AM
No, they haven't taken any damage.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-26, 02:50 AM
But if they have a one-round timer and the timer starts when you throw them at something and they flatten, wouldn't they go off now? Or do they only blow when they take damage?

Lateral
2013-07-26, 02:51 AM
Well, yeah, they'd have gone off right after you left.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-26, 02:53 AM
Okay, so unless more appear, we don't have to worry about them. In other words, we have to worry about them.

Lateral
2013-07-26, 02:57 AM
Yes.

GuyFawkes
2013-07-26, 03:51 AM
I'm game for staying as long as we can inside. Though it really won't make a difference on what Ravana would be able to do, so it's more for the casters.

BelGareth
2013-07-26, 12:23 PM
How much do we heal in 36 hours?

Still a little fuzzy on how the healing works here (or how it doesn't)

Lateral
2013-07-26, 12:24 PM
I don't know. What are you guys using to heal yourselves? Unless it's unlimited, you're going to need to keep track.

GuyFawkes
2013-07-26, 12:34 PM
Belt of Healing on my part. So fo thirty six hours I get two times the daily charges.

Lateral
2013-07-26, 12:37 PM
[roll0]

That'll be the healing you can get out of the belt.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-26, 12:41 PM
Davkhur can pretty much cure everyone by summoning unicorns:
[roll0] unicorns

Jeff the Green
2013-07-26, 12:43 PM
Each unicorn can cast CLW 3/day and CMW 1/day, for 5d8+20.

So a total of [roll0].

Lateral
2013-07-26, 12:44 PM
...Yeah, that ought to do it just fine for all of you.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-26, 12:46 PM
Unicorn POWER!

http://cdn-s3-0.wanelo.com/product/image/1653088/original.jpg

Jeff the Green
2013-07-26, 12:58 PM
FYI BelGareth, Davkhur is neither a true unseelie fey, nor truly undead, nor native to the plane of shadow. It's a mishmash to replicate a botched attempt at resurrection that has him partially sustained by Mabar, partially by some of his organs still working (mostly his heart isn't).

BelGareth
2013-07-26, 01:47 PM
FYI BelGareth, Davkhur is neither a true unseelie fey, nor truly undead, nor native to the plane of shadow. It's a mishmash to replicate a botched attempt at resurrection that has him partially sustained by Mabar, partially by some of his organs still working (mostly his heart isn't).

Ah, interesting, I was trying to insert some form of RP based of your appearance, I'm assuming though, you would come off as slightly unseelie/undead, or is it relfuffed?

Jeff the Green
2013-07-26, 01:59 PM
Mostly refluffed. His skin is dull, stretched, and pale and he has white eyes. He also has a wide scar on his chest (which is usually bare save for paint) and is bald. His shadow is the main thing that's weird about him. It has a tendency to move on its own.

Derjuin
2013-07-26, 02:18 PM
Are we certain summoning unicorns is the best idea? Considering...

Magic Circle against Evil (Su)
This ability continuously duplicates the effect of the spell. A unicorn cannot suppress this ability.

and

Alignment: chaotic evil

>.>
<.<

Edit: Actually after re-reading Magic Circle, I guess it really doesn't do anything to evil-aligned non-summoned creatures that are just chillin' in the area...

Jeff the Green
2013-07-26, 02:20 PM
It shouldn't be a problem. She couldn't approach the unicorn, but it could approach her. If you force an abjuration effect against something, it collapses.

If an abjuration creates a barrier that keeps certain types of creatures at bay, that barrier cannot be used to push away those creatures. If you force the barrier against such a creature, you feel a discernible pressure against the barrier. If you continue to apply pressure, you end the spell.

Derjuin
2013-07-26, 02:22 PM
It shouldn't be a problem. She couldn't approach the unicorn, but it could approach her. If you force an abjuration effect against something, it collapses.

Ah, right, right. Okay, cool.

Also I totally can cast as a 6th level bard, I completely forgot about that. :smalltongue: Not sure how helpful my spells are though, most of them were picked with misdirection in mind.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-26, 06:04 PM
Here's an idea. I'm pretty sure none of the creatures up above can see invisibility. Davkhur, Titania, and Oberon go up invisibly and in gaseous form. We'll start throwing around indirect attacks: walls, illusions, and summons. After a round or so, Vivian and Ravana can come up and start whacking.

BelGareth
2013-07-26, 07:02 PM
Here's an idea. I'm pretty sure none of the creatures up above can see invisibility. Davkhur, Titania, and Oberon go up invisibly and in gaseous form. We'll start throwing around indirect attacks: walls, illusions, and summons. After a round or so, Vivian and Ravana can come up and start whacking.

Thats got some merit, however I think the ghosts have some form of lifesight, the last one saw right through Oberons greater invis.

GuyFawkes
2013-07-26, 11:19 PM
Well, if there are enough summons to take its attention, it shouldn't bother much with its lifesight.

Although, I fail to remember, are there ghosts up there?

Jeff the Green
2013-07-27, 02:22 AM
Thats got some merit, however I think the ghosts have some form of lifesight, the last one saw right through Oberons greater invis.

Did it? I thought it was just a matter of its gaze attack; it doesn't matter if it can see you, only if you can see it.

Well, if there are enough summons to take its attention, it shouldn't bother much with its lifesight.

The issue is more that I can only summon as a standard action 1/day (chronocharm of the uncaring archmage). Of course, Davkhur can't be seen with lifesight, so that's not a huge problem.

Although, I fail to remember, are there ghosts up there?

Kinda sorta. They're fire wraiths: incorporeal, fire touch attack, pillar of fire special attack. Incidentally, Lateral, do those come from a book? I can't find them.

Lateral
2013-07-27, 02:37 AM
Nah, I cribbed them off of another DM.

GuyFawkes
2013-07-27, 04:26 AM
How long do your summons last? You can probably summon a few beforehand, so they have lots of targets to choose from.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-27, 04:27 AM
Eight rounds. I could summon ahead of time, but getting them up there could be a problem; none of the ones I'd want to summon can fly.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-29, 08:40 PM
Here's an idea: since we're taking our time, I'll use lore of the gods + guidance of the avatar to learn all the things about the upcoming badguys.

Valkyrie: [roll0]
Bees: [roll1]
Fire Wraiths: [roll2]

I'd assume I can't ID the Int 14 undead without actually seeing it, but here goes: [roll3]

Lateral
2013-07-29, 10:11 PM
You, ah... there's nothing to know that you didn't already know.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-29, 10:13 PM
You, ah... there's nothing to know that you didn't already know.

:smallfrown:

I was hoping to know whether the wraiths might have lifesight.

Lateral
2013-07-29, 10:14 PM
Oh. No, they don't.

Jeff the Green
2013-07-29, 10:18 PM
That makes things easier.

I'm ready to start the assault whenever the rest of you are.

GuyFawkes
2013-07-30, 06:32 AM
Yeah, ready when you are.

BelGareth
2013-07-30, 04:17 PM
yeah, lets roll init and rock out.

Also: going on a small vacation from the 1st - 6th

Lateral
2013-07-31, 03:10 AM
Don't worry, you get back before I do.

Derjuin
2013-07-31, 06:54 AM
Arright, let's roll (actually I think Lateral's been rolling init, or already did). :smallbiggrin:

Jeff the Green
2013-08-01, 02:37 AM
Arright, let's roll (actually I think Lateral's been rolling init, or already did). :smallbiggrin:

Yes, but there's rarely a point since your modifier is so high. Most enemies have less than a 20% chance of going first. (Also Lateral's not going to be back for a week.)

Anyway, here's the plan as I see it:

Davkhur, Oberon, and Titania go gaseous and invisible, and drift up through the grate.
We drop gaseousness and begin casting: summons, walls, illusions, etc.
Once we've got the battlefield prepped, Oberon blows up the grate and Vivian and Ravana come up and mop up.

GuyFawkes
2013-08-01, 07:01 AM
Sounds good. Let's roll! When Lateral is back, that is.

BelGareth
2013-08-06, 01:18 PM
Yes, but there's rarely a point since your modifier is so high. Most enemies have less than a 20% chance of going first. (Also Lateral's not going to be back for a week.)

Anyway, here's the plan as I see it:

Davkhur, Oberon, and Titania go gaseous and invisible, and drift up through the grate.
We drop gaseousness and begin casting: summons, walls, illusions, etc.
Once we've got the battlefield prepped, Oberon blows up the grate and Vivian and Ravana come up and mop up.

sounds good, although, my walls are mostly 4th level, and this is going to be spell intensive for Oberon, he'll want to rest afterwards.

I'm thinking, a wall of Fire Left to right above and below the grate facing outwards.

Also, how high is the room? was that stated or not?

So far I have:
3 4th
Mass resist energy, Wall of fire, wall of fire
2 3rd
Protection from Electricity, Haste
1 2nd
Resist Electricity

I don't have much more bfc other than sight diminishing, and Oberon only has low-light...

Lateral
2013-08-08, 08:17 AM
Alllllllrighty, then. I'm back, so let's get this show on the road. Go ahead and come in shooting (it's been two days, I'll give you another surprise round), and then we'll roll initiative.

By the way, I've realized that this whole group initiative thing falls apart when you have Titania's +yes modifier on your side, so I think starting with the next combat I'm stealing Jeff's system and doing group initiative for NPCs, but not PCs.

GuyFawkes
2013-08-08, 11:27 AM
Righto then. You guys go and have fun with the surprise round.

Jeff the Green
2013-08-09, 04:14 AM
Since we're staying invisible, how do we handle preparing the battlefield with initiative? In particular, how does the full-round action of summoning work?

Initiative (using sign): [roll0]

Pre-battle buff spells:

Barkskin x2, +3 NA (Ravana and... Titania?)
Shield of faith x2, +3 Deflection (Ditto)
Lore of the gods (self)
Gaseous form (self, Oberon, Titania)
Invisibility (self, Titania)
Heart of earth (self)

Greenbound smilodon's stats:

HD 9d8+45 (85 HP)
AC 22, touch 12, flat-footed 19
BAB/Grapple +6/+24
Attack Bite +15 (2d6+10/x3) and 2 claws +13 (1d6+5); pounce, improved grab, rake 1d6+5
Saves Fort +11, Ref +9, Will +8

In addition, all Greenbound creatures have the following:

Plant type (notably, immune to mind-affecting effects, poison, sleep effects, paralysis, polymorph, stunning, and critical hits)
DR 10/magic and slashing, natural attacks overcome same
Fast healing 3
Resistance 10 to cold and electricity
Tremorsense 60'
SLAs (at will entangle, pass without trace, speak with plants; 1/day wall of thorns)

Lateral
2013-08-09, 06:42 AM
Since we're staying invisible, how do we handle preparing the battlefield with initiative? In particular, how does the full-round action of summoning work?

Pretty sure if it's got a casting time of a full round, you can't cast it in your surprise round.

And... well, you'll see.

Jeff the Green
2013-08-09, 08:49 AM
Okay, I'm shortening the casting time to a standard action with the chronocharm of the uncaring archmage; its partial charge is in the second spoiler. Also, I forgot to roll Sleight of Hand to disguise my casting. Opposed by Spot/Listen: [roll0] Well, that was less than spectacular.

BelGareth
2013-08-09, 11:37 AM
How tall is the room?

If its not worth it to cast walls of fire, then oberon will go another route.

Or can I just form it along the bottom and keep it going along the wall and then ceiling?

Lateral
2013-08-09, 03:06 PM
20 feet tall, and sure, why not.

BelGareth
2013-08-09, 03:48 PM
20 feet tall, and sure, why not.

well 20ft is fine as the walls are 20 ft tall.

BelGareth
2013-08-09, 06:24 PM
Just realized I can only cast one wall.

And I have enough CL to cast it in a circle....of doom and death.

Just in case anyone tries to move through the wall:
+20 if they haven't been damaged by it yet.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

also init
[roll6]

GuyFawkes
2013-08-09, 11:52 PM
I'll just roll Ravana's initiative before I forget: [roll0] +5 from Nerveskitter.

Lateral
2013-08-09, 11:54 PM
Yeah, you know the wall's fake, but you're still going to have to make your save in order to actually be able to see through it.

Jeff the Green
2013-08-10, 07:03 PM
Will vs. silent image: [roll0]

You know the duration on that is "Concentration," right Derjuin?

Also, Oberon should probably delay until after Davkhur. The smilodon needs to charge to be effective, and while it can probably handle the proximity damage for a few rounds, it can't handle charging through it.

Finally, your ring doesn't quite work, BelGareth (at least if we're using standard D&D geometry). Remember that in D&D π = 4. You need to center it on a grid intersection, and the wall goes along the edges of the squares.

Derjuin
2013-08-10, 07:16 PM
Will vs. silent image: [roll0]

You know the duration on that is "Concentration," right Derjuin?

Also, Oberon should probably delay until after Davkhur. The smilodon needs to charge to be effective, and while it can probably handle the proximity damage for a few rounds, it can't handle charging through it.

Finally, your ring doesn't quite work, BelGareth (at least if we're using standard D&D geometry). Remember that in D&D π = 4. You need to center it on a grid intersection, and the wall goes along the edges of the squares.

Yeah, I'd keep concentrating on it till it isn't very useful to us anymore. I'll let you guys handle the mad deeps this time :smallwink: until the wall goes away, then it's bee-slaying time

Lateral
2013-08-11, 05:06 PM
Lix, Guy, waiting on you. If you haven't posted by tomorrow, I'll just assume you're not doing anything and move on.

GuyFawkes
2013-08-12, 10:07 AM
Am i going to do anything in the surprise round? I don't think I can do anything decent with a standard action. Or do I have enough space to cast a web? Wait, the walls are on fire thanks to Oberon right?

Lateral
2013-08-12, 10:57 AM
Yeah, there's that big ring of fire. Too bad, though- the room's so small, a web probably could've shut nearly everyone in there down.

...You know, I never realized just how powerful that is in a dungeon setting. I mean, without teleporting enemies (which, granted, I use a lot of), it's pretty much a save-or-be-useless, and even if you succeed on the save you're still useless for the three rounds it'll take you to get out of the web. Unless the enemy has huge muscles.

GuyFawkes
2013-08-12, 12:24 PM
Yeah, but you really haven't made dungeons where I can place them well, not until that last one.

Anyway, sorry for being lazy, but searching the thread using mobile is such a pain. Can we have a recap of what's out there? I just might find some use for my terribly inappropriate list of spells known. :D

Lateral
2013-08-13, 12:39 AM
Map is still up in the IC, but here it is again. For simplicity's sake, let's assume they're in the same positions when you come back in.

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh606/LateralFire/FGampG-sonicboom_zps2087b519.png

ROLLS

Opposed roll for counter charge: [roll0] vs. [roll1]

Saves vs. illusion:
Valkyrie: [roll2]
B1: [roll3]
B2: [roll4]
B3: [roll5]
B4: [roll6]
B5/???: [roll7]
F1: [roll8]
F2: [roll9]
F3: [roll10]

I'll need you guys to save on your own against the wall. DC 16, I think, so Davhkur just barely makes it.

Jeff the Green
2013-08-13, 12:44 AM
Opposed roll for counter charge: [roll0] vs. [roll1]

She doesn't get to do that. She has uncanny dodge, which makes it so she doesn't lose her Dexterity to AC when flatfooted but doesn't allow her to use an immediate action when she's flatfooted. Otherwise I would have gone with something that doesn't need to charge; there are too many immediate actions to wreck charges in ToB.

Lateral
2013-08-13, 01:17 AM
Who's invisible, again? Lix isn't, of course, but I'm not sure about Davhkur or Titania.

She doesn't get to do that. She has uncanny dodge, which makes it so she doesn't lose her Dexterity to AC when flatfooted but doesn't allow her to use an immediate action when she's flatfooted. Otherwise I would have gone with something that doesn't need to charge; there are too many immediate actions to wreck charges in ToB.
Right, never mind then. Won't bother to roll grapple, since someone rolled crazy well. (Seriously, two natural 20s, both on attacks that made contact?)

Valkyrie attacks: [roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

Placing of bombs: [roll10], [roll11]
[roll12], [roll13]
[roll14], [roll15]

Jeff the Green
2013-08-13, 01:18 AM
Who's invisible, again? Lix isn't, of course, but I'm not sure about Davhkur or Titania.

Davkhur cast standard invisibility on himself and Titania. It'll last five minutes, as long as we don't directly attack, and Davkhur at least doesn't need to to remain effective.

Lateral
2013-08-13, 01:28 AM
'k.

Oh, and damage from the wall on your summon: [roll0]

Jeff the Green
2013-08-13, 01:39 AM
'k.

Oh, and damage from the wall on your summon: [roll0]

See, this is why I said Oberon should delay until after Davkhur.

Lateral
2013-08-13, 01:55 AM
Oh, grapple check!

[roll0]
[roll1]

Jeff the Green
2013-08-13, 02:23 AM
Like I said, Oberron should have delayed, especially given that we planned this.

The first bee gets hesitate before it tries to breathe on us. Will DC 21 or only able to make a move action. Scratch that, that'd count as an attack and drop Davkhur's invisibility.

Reflex vs. breath weapons: [roll0] 7 damage (possibly negated by hesitate) [roll1] 6 damage [roll2] 8 damage

Vs. Wingclap: [roll3] 5 damage

Not going to bother rolling for the columns since none of them break through our resistance.

Can the valkyrie use its wingclap in a grapple? Su aren't listed as one of the things you can do, and don't have the same rule that they fuction as spells like SLAs do.

Lateral
2013-08-13, 10:40 AM
Pretty sure they can. Also, I forgot the valkyrie's gaze- everyone, make a DC 18 Reflex save or take [roll0] electricity.

And, I assumed that Oberon did delay until after Davhkur. Your summons is in the ring of fire.

Jeff the Green
2013-08-13, 10:42 AM
What's the DC? [roll0]

Edit:

And, I assumed that Oberon did delay until after Davhkur. Your summons is in the ring of fire.
That should only do 2d4 damage, though. It doesn't pass through it, so doesn't take 2d6+CL.

Edit 2:
Or 23 I guess, as BelGareth already rolled and somehow there's a +20 on the damage roll.

Edit 3:
Okay, everyone gets +1 to saves against the valkyrie's special attacks.

BelGareth
2013-08-13, 11:40 AM
Oberons a warmage. Edge.

Also, Oberon has SR 23, assuming psionic-magic transparency, does that little grapple effect bypass SR?

Also also those pillars of flame are useless unless they exceed 20, everyone has Fire resistance 20 on them and with 3d6, thats not going to happen.

Lateral
2013-08-13, 11:44 AM
Edit:

That should only do 2d4 damage, though. It doesn't pass through it, so doesn't take 2d6+CL.
I rolled the same way Oberon did for the creatures who were in the ring of fire when he cast it. As per the second paragraph in the spell, if it's cast on top of you it counts as 'passing through it'.

Also, Oberon has SR 23, assuming psionic-magic transparency, does that little grapple effect bypass SR?
Yes.

Jeff the Green
2013-08-13, 12:05 PM
I rolled the same way Oberon did for the creatures who were in the ring of fire when he cast it. As per the second paragraph in the spell, if it's cast on top of you it counts as 'passing through it'.

Oh, okay. I misinterpreted the map.

Also, the smilodon moves into the valkyries space this turn.

Derjuin
2013-08-13, 12:13 PM
Rollin for Reflex saves:

[roll0] cone 1
[roll1] cone 2
[roll2] cone 3
[roll3] wing thunderclap
[roll4] electric gaze

BelGareth
2013-08-13, 12:16 PM
Rollin for Reflex saves:

[roll0] cone 1
[roll1] cone 2
[roll2] cone 3
[roll3] wing thunderclap
[roll4] electric gaze

You have fire resistance 20 (first 3 saves are redundant)

Derjuin
2013-08-13, 12:17 PM

They're half-sonic, though, so I'd still take half of half the damage.

Jeff the Green
2013-08-13, 12:17 PM

They're half sonic, though.

Well of course I'm ninjaed by Derjuin. She has +25 initiative, after all.

Lateral
2013-08-13, 12:23 PM
...Ah. Derj, your arrows kill B5, B3, and B1, plus you can redirect that last arrow at another thing.
It's okay, though, they were really just there to drop their breath weapon and then die quickly. Also, Oberon, you're still grappled.

BelGareth
2013-08-13, 12:26 PM
They're half sonic, though.

Well of course I'm ninjaed by Derjuin. She has +25 initiative, after all.

Ah yes, I was mistaking it for the 3 columns of fire hitting vivian and Ravana.

...Ah. Derj, your arrows kill B5, B3, and B1, plus you can redirect that last arrow at another thing.
It's okay, though, they were really just there to drop their breath weapon and then die quickly. Also, Oberon, you're still grappled.

I know...sigh..

Ref saves:
[roll0] Vs DC 18 from the valkyrie Sonic attack
[roll1] Vs DC 13 1/2 sonic 1/2 fire
[roll2] Vs DC 13 1/2 sonic 1/2 fire
[roll3] Vs DC 13 1/2 sonic 1/2 fire

EDIT: No damage for Oberon (A la Evasion)

Don't forget haste everyone!

Derjuin
2013-08-13, 12:30 PM

Arright, the last one will be aimed at F1. Assuming it's incorporeal: [roll0] 50% miss chance (Bow is magical)

BelGareth
2013-08-13, 12:36 PM
Sorry Jeff!

And your monsty only takes 2d4+8 now....

Also, I only have 1 4th left! :smalleek:

Lateral
2013-08-13, 04:48 PM
You forgot the save vs. the gaze, BelGareth.
Also, what's this I hear about you writing the Pathfinder incarnum analogue?

BelGareth
2013-08-13, 05:16 PM
You forgot the save vs. the gaze, BelGareth.
Also, what's this I hear about you writing the Pathfinder incarnum analogue?

Isn't that the DC 18 one?

Or am I missing something:

One DC 18
3 DC 13
and 3 columnds of fire @ DC 18 (which i ignored due to resistance)

And yes, I've been working on it for a while, DSP psionic-incarnum mash up ala psicarnum, I actually have some stuff due on the 1st, how'd you hear of it?

Lateral
2013-08-13, 05:24 PM
Isn't that the DC 18 one?

Or am I missing something:

One DC 18
3 DC 13
and 3 columnds of fire @ DC 18 (which i ignored due to resistance)

And yes, I've been working on it for a while, DSP psionic-incarnum mash up ala psicarnum, I actually have some stuff due on the 1st, how'd you hear of it?

Two DC 18. One for the wingclap, one for the gaze.
This thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296871&page=6) led me to this one. (http://dreamscarredpress.com/dragonfly/ForumsPro/viewtopic/t=2389.html)

BelGareth
2013-08-13, 05:36 PM
Two DC 18. One for the wingclap, one for the gaze.
This thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296871&page=6) led me to this one. (http://dreamscarredpress.com/dragonfly/ForumsPro/viewtopic/t=2389.html)

Ah yes, I saw that last week, very cool, can't wait to see how they develop it.

And rolling vs DC 18
[roll0]

Lix Lorn
2013-08-13, 06:22 PM
Rolling reflex saves.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

I'm in 5hp. Good thing I'm immortal.

Lateral
2013-08-13, 06:34 PM
Lix, B1 is dead. Your first shot dropped it to 0, and Titania already killed it. Also, since she dropped the wall you can see every enemy, so go ahead and redirect your attacks accordingly.

(Oh, and by the way, your first shot will drop B2 or B4 to -1. Just saying.)

Lix Lorn
2013-08-13, 06:48 PM
Oh. Can I change my post to run away the way we came then?
Dying hurts.

Lateral
2013-08-13, 06:54 PM
Sure. Go ahead and abandon the squishy people who can die permanently. :smalltongue:

...Did you factor in your Resistance 20 to Fire from Oberon's spells, though? Your max HP was, like, 120, and while that would be perfectly reasonable if you include your vulnerability to fire, you have Resist 20.

Lix Lorn
2013-08-13, 06:54 PM
...I did not.
How does it work when you have resistance and vulnerability together?

BelGareth
2013-08-13, 07:00 PM
...I did not.
How does it work when you have resistance and vulnerability together?

REsistance covers you up to its max, and whatever is left over is amplified 150%

Lix Lorn
2013-08-13, 07:16 PM
...wow. That's... I'm barely even injured.
This calls for more significant edits. And an IC feeling of gratitude. >>

BelGareth
2013-08-13, 07:21 PM
...wow. That's... I'm barely even injured.
This calls for more significant edits. And an IC feeling of gratitude. >>

Benefits of being prepared, credit goes to Davkhur methinks.

Lateral
2013-08-13, 07:21 PM
Benefits of being prepared, credit goes to Davkhur methinks.
...I'm never letting you guys be prepared ever again. :smalleek:

BelGareth
2013-08-13, 07:29 PM

Indeed, prepping for combat does kinda take the bite out of encounters, especially if they ID every monster.

Jeff the Green
2013-08-13, 08:06 PM

Somewhere I was reading about how the EL of an encounter changes if the party is well prepared for it.

If nothing else, you can probably throw higher CR enemies at us, and give them foils for our tactics (teleportation for grapples, counterspelling/energy resistance, etc.). Especially if this undead is the same ghost we encountered last time.

Lateral
2013-08-13, 08:24 PM
I... I was mostly joking.

If nothing else, you can probably throw higher CR enemies at us, and give them foils for our tactics (teleportation for grapples, counterspelling/energy resistance, etc.).
I've done that a lot, actually. Notice how many teleporting enemies you have? And, also, I don't want to give anything away, but let's just say that Sallera made a certain... prophetic comment, recently.

Especially if this undead is the same ghost we encountered last time.
It has the same INT score, appears in the same way that the last one did, and has the same telekinesis. Also, Titania killed B5 with arrows, and the ghost that comes out looks exactly like the last one. So, yeah, I don't think I'm spoiling anything by saying that it's the same ghost.

Yeah, he's recurring now. I think that means you guys are supposed to kill him to death before you get to the big boss fight. :smallsigh:

GuyFawkes
2013-08-14, 09:21 AM
Why are the Fire wraiths colored like that? Is that just color scheme or some sort of status? Or are they dead or something? Well, what is dead for undead, that is.

Lateral
2013-08-14, 12:17 PM
Colored like what? All of the enemies are pink, usually, and they're not fully opaque because they're incorporeal.

Oh, and:

It does lose its Dexterity bonus for these; uncanny dodge doesn't apply to grapples.[/INDENT][/SPOILER]
No, it doesn't. Creatures retain DEX to AC against creatures they're grappling with.

GuyFawkes
2013-08-14, 07:14 PM
The fully opaque thing, yeah.

Also, I forgot the Reflex saves:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Lateral
2013-08-14, 08:03 PM
So, an attack with a 50% chance of getting a crit, and you roll a natural 20. :smallsigh:

That said, you forgot to roll miss chance- only the Destroy Undead damage ignores it.
[roll0] (low miss)

Also, redirect your Needle of Light- all of the bees within range are dead. The only things still alive are F2, F3, B4, and the valkyrie.

Will saves vs. destroy undead:
F1: [roll1]
F2: [roll2]
F3: [roll3]
???: [roll4]

GuyFawkes
2013-08-15, 01:38 AM
I know right? This rng. It likes to toy with my sanity. :smallsigh:

Hmm. I'll just go with B4 then.

Lateral
2013-08-15, 02:16 AM
B4 isn't within reach, so I'll assume you're stepping to C5 instead.

...For reference, what spells are currently on you guys? Here are the ones I remember.

Mass resist energy (fire)- All of you
Protection from electricity- Ravana
Resist energy (electricity)- Ravana
Haste- everyone

Jeff the Green
2013-08-15, 03:26 AM
Pre-battle buff spells:

Barkskin x2, +3 NA (Ravana and... Titania?)
Shield of faith x2, +3 Deflection (Ditto)
Lore of the gods (self)
Gaseous form (self, Oberon, Titania)
Invisibility (self, Titania)
Heart of earth (self)

The breath weapons ate up HoE's temporary HP pretty quickly, but the other effects are still up. Titania's invisibility wore off, and gaseous form was dismissed.

GuyFawkes
2013-08-15, 08:03 AM
B4 isn't within reach, so I'll assume you're stepping to C5 instead.

Yes, this.

Derjuin
2013-08-15, 08:41 AM
Just an fyi, I've got a birthday to attend today so I might not be able to post till tomorrow. Sorry!

Lateral
2013-08-15, 11:51 AM
Valkyrie attacks: [roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

Scratch that, the explosion pushed the smilodon out of the grapple. I'm going to use a maneuver.

Bomb placing: [roll10], [roll11]
[roll12], [roll13]
[roll14], [roll15]

Smilodon save vs. bomb: [roll16] vs. DC 20
[roll17] damage
[roll18] knockback

???
[roll19]- wall
[roll20]- summons
-------------------
Davhkur
[roll21]- heart of earth
[roll22]- mass resist
[roll23]- haste
[roll24]- invisibility
[roll25]- LotG

Ravana
[roll26]- mass resist
[roll27]- protection from electricity
[roll28]- haste
[roll29]- resist energy
[roll30]- barkskin
[roll31]- shield of faith

Titania
[roll32]- mass resist
[roll33]- haste
[roll34]- barkskin
[roll35]- shield of faith

Vivian
[roll36]- mass resist
[roll37]- haste

Oberon
[roll38]- mass resist
[roll39]- haste

Jeff the Green
2013-08-15, 11:48 PM
Davkhur had his eyes closed after the valkyrie's attack and is targetting based on mindsight.

Also, how is the dispel stripping multiple effects?

Davkhur can't make the concentration check from Vivian's spell exploding, so his spell fails. Instead he'll use an immediate action to cast halt on the valkyrie. DC 20 Will or be unable to move this round.

Jeff the Green
2013-08-15, 11:49 PM
Oh, wait, the spell damage has a save. Davkhur's [roll0], Vivian's [roll1], Ravana's [roll2]. So he still can't make the Concentration check.

Lateral
2013-08-15, 11:51 PM
It's an area dispel. It only dispelled one spell per person, but if you dispel a mass spell, the whole thing is dispelled.

[roll0]

Edit: OH thank AZATHOTH. I do not have time to make another map right now.

BelGareth
2013-08-15, 11:55 PM
wall of fire won't hurt anyone unless they are inside the circle, it points one way only ( inside)

Lateral
2013-08-15, 11:56 PM
Oh. Okay, ignore the fire damage then.

Jeff the Green
2013-08-16, 03:16 AM
Lateral, I forgot to mention and it's hidden somewhat on my character sheet, but unless the enemy has the Shadow Weave Magic feath, the DC to dispel my spells and SLAs are 15+CL, not 11+CL, because I have Tenacious Magic.

BelGareth
2013-08-16, 11:56 AM
ok saves:

Reflex DC 22 for pillars of fire (7 damage) [roll0]
DC 22 Will save or be dazed for (1d4)[3] rounds. [roll1]
DC 18 Reflex vs Valkyrie's gaze [roll2]

No more haste or resist energy [fire]

Also, is Oberon still grappled?

EDIT:
Wow, I thought he would fail his will...seems like oberon isn't scratched yet...just possibly grappled.

I have 1 4th slot left, but if I am grappled, I can't cast it, its got Verbal and somatic components.

Lateral
2013-08-16, 12:45 PM
No, you're free.

Lateral, I forgot to mention and it's hidden somewhat on my character sheet, but unless the enemy has the Shadow Weave Magic feath, the DC to dispel my spells and SLAs are 15+CL, not 11+CL, because I have Tenacious Magic.
Yeah, I remember.

BelGareth
2013-08-16, 03:08 PM
Then yes, Oberon will cast Mass Resist energy on everyone, including your summoned creatures.

Jeff the Green
2013-08-16, 06:20 PM
Then yes, Oberon will cast Mass Resist energy on everyone, including your summoned creatures.

Awesome. I'll post its turn now.

Lateral, the reoccurring ghost disappeared, right?

GuyFawkes
2013-08-16, 07:05 PM
Frack, I forgot to roll for the additional attack from haste, and it got dispelled this round. :smalltongue:

Also, if I get this right:

Reflex: [roll0] (pillar)
Reflex: [roll1] (Davkhur)
Reflex: [roll2] (Vivian)
Reflex: [roll3] (Ravana)
Reflex: [roll4] (Titania)
Will: [roll5]
Reflex: [roll6] (gaze)

Lateral
2013-08-17, 07:20 PM
Lateral, the reoccurring ghost disappeared, right?
Eeyup.

GuyFawkes
2013-08-18, 12:40 AM
Oh, I forgot I'm dazed anyway, so go ahead. Question, does any of the damage check SR at all?

Derjuin
2013-08-18, 05:04 PM
Let's get some saves out...

[roll0] Reflex vs. explosion (5 dmg)
[roll1] Reflex vs. Ravana's pillar lol nat 20 (5 dmg)
[roll2] Reflex vs. my pillar (2 dmg)
[roll3] Reflex vs. Gaze
[roll4] Will vs. daze noo

Total dmg: 12 + 20 plus dazed for 3 rounds. ouch

Lateral
2013-08-18, 09:37 PM
Ouch. So, we need BelGareth to post his turn, and Lix still needs to roll her saves (and go, if she makes that Will save).

Jeff the Green
2013-08-19, 10:34 PM
Crap. I just realized that Ravana's destroy undead affects me too. Using Moment of Perfect Mind instead of Will, and taking 10 since I'm not threatened, gives me 25 for 11 damage. Turn resistance reduces that by 2 to 9. This puts Davkhur at 9 HP.

Time to bug out, I think, though an invisibility sphere might help a bit.

Also, should we survive, we're spending some downtime so Davkhur can learn resurgence and benediction.

Lateral
2013-08-19, 11:31 PM
...And almost half of you are dazed. :smallsigh:

I've PM'ed Lix, she should post shortly. Hopefully, anyway. If not, I should have time to post in for her tomorrow.

Lix Lorn
2013-08-20, 06:09 PM
Reflex DC 22
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Will 22
[roll3]

Reflex 18
[roll4]

Lateral
2013-08-20, 07:27 PM
Lix, from where you are now, if you go east or south you'd run into a pillar of fire (to be clear, the reason I've got that orange circle showing where it is is because it exists between rounds), but since you now have your resistance 20 back, I'm going to assume that you're moving to A6, 20 feet in the air (since Oberon's taken A7.

Valkyrie will save vs. blind: [roll0]

Titania's reflex save vs. an explosion: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] sonic.
I'm not even going to bother rolling knockback distance, since she'd only fail on a 1.

Incidentally, your summons still takes damage from dat wall. [roll3]

Lateral
2013-08-20, 07:40 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

Pillar damage: [roll6]
Smilodon reflex save: [roll7]

Valkyrie attacks:
[roll8]
[roll9]+[roll10] electricity

[roll11]
[roll12]+[roll13] electricity

[roll14]
[roll15]+[roll16] electricity

[roll17]
[roll18]+[roll19] electricity

[roll20]
[roll21]+[roll22] electricity

Lix Lorn
2013-08-20, 08:26 PM
The HP on the sheet was, I think, the HP before I counted resistance in. The +15 is from the Vigor manifestation I just did.

Jeff the Green
2013-08-20, 08:33 PM
Shouldn't the smilodon's fire resistance have negated the fire pillar?

Lateral
2013-08-20, 09:16 PM
The HP on the sheet was, I think, the HP before I counted resistance in. The +15 is from the Vigor manifestation I just did.
So, then, your HP is a lot higher than 9. Could you please figure out what your actual HP is?
I mean, you don't have to, but if you don't I'm just going to assume that you're really at 9 HP.

Shouldn't the smilodon's fire resistance have negated the fire pillar?
...It doesn't have fire resistance.

BelGareth
2013-08-20, 09:17 PM
So, then, your HP is a lot higher than 9. Could you please figure out what your actual HP is?
I mean, you don't have to, but if you don't I'm just going to assume that you're really at 9 HP.

It does, Oberon cast it on everyone including minions. (even says that in the post:smallwink:)

Jeff the Green
2013-08-20, 09:18 PM

It does now; Oberon included it in his spell.

Lateral
2013-08-20, 09:20 PM
Oh. Yeah, then it's at 8 HP, or 6 if it fails its save against the gaze.

Lix Lorn
2013-08-20, 09:22 PM
I did. That one round of damage shot me back down to 29.
Vivian: I DISLIKE FIRE.

Lateral
2013-08-20, 09:31 PM
All right.

Wait, wait, wait. Jeff, I don't think you've rolled any of the valkyrie's saves for previous attacks. From what I can tell, I've rolled all of them except for the wingclap, the first gaze, and this last gaze, so depending on the results of those, it might still be in negatives.

Wingclap: [roll0]
Gaze 1: [roll1]
Gaze 3: [roll2]

EDIT: Nope, it's at 3 HP before fast healing now.

Jeff the Green
2013-08-21, 02:20 AM
I'd been assuming that you'd been rolling saves since you were keeping track of HP. (I was planning on doing both originally.)

Speaking of, though, I thought you were going to start labeling the NPCs rolls?

Edit:
Oh, I forgot. How tall is that structure on the right, and can the smilodon charge through it?

Lateral
2013-08-21, 02:30 AM
...I have been labeling NPC rolls. :smallconfused:

The dais is low enough that you could run right over it. The chest, though... it's almost as big as the smilodon itself (about 8x5x4 feet) and is mostly steel. He could probably jump over it pretty easily, but he's not breaking it anytime soon.

Jeff the Green
2013-08-21, 03:01 AM
I was confused by the d11s and d8s, but now I see it was noted in a previous post. :smallredface:

Lateral
2013-08-21, 03:05 AM
...Okay, the last fire ghost is a ghostkebab. Guys (well, the two of you still able to move), feel free to beat the valkyrie into the ground. If you roll well, it might even go down this turn.

Jeff the Green
2013-08-21, 05:06 AM
...Okay, the last fire ghost is a ghostkebab.

In that case, I'm going to swap SNA IV for greater invisibility on Vivian. Saves her a bit of HP, hopefully, and the valkyrie loses her Dex to AC against Vivian's attacks.

GuyFawkes
2013-08-21, 10:08 AM
Ravana: Ooooh! Purtty featherssss...Whoa!! is that a bird? Or a girl?

BelGareth
2013-08-21, 11:47 AM
Has the Valkyrie taken any fire damage at all?

Lateral
2013-08-21, 12:02 PM
Yeah, earlier, from the wall.

EDIT: Yeah, Vivian's attacks will almost definitely drop the valkyrie. It's in single digits now.

BelGareth
2013-08-21, 12:32 PM
Woot woot, I forgot all about my Sneak attack...Should probably go into spell sniper next level on my rogue side...should help out a little

Lateral
2013-08-21, 12:54 PM
Speaking of which. What is your actual class breakdown? Your sheet just says 'Rogue,' and because of that, my block still has Warlock on it. I've been assuming it's LA +4/Rogue 4//Warmage 8.

BelGareth
2013-08-21, 01:02 PM
Speaking of which. What is your actual class breakdown? Your sheet just says 'Rogue,' and because of that, my block still has Warlock on it. I've been assuming it's LA +4/Rogue 4//Warmage 8.

Yep, I just switched the warlock levels for rogue levels.
Also, the Flowshaper Beta is out, *points to sig*

Jeff the Green
2013-08-21, 04:37 PM
Yeah, earlier, from the wall.

EDIT: Yeah, Vivian's attacks will almost definitely drop the valkyrie. It's in single digits now.

Huh. And I'd already built a new character to replace Davkhur if he bit it.

Lix, you might want to use your radiance as a touch attack. The invisibility I gave you will let you hit her flat-footed, but if I remember right it still has significant natural armor.

Lateral
2013-08-21, 04:41 PM
Huh. And I'd already built a new character to replace Davkhur if he bit it.

Lix, you might want to use your radiance as a touch attack. The invisibility I gave you will let you hit her flat-footed, but if I remember right it still has significant natural armor.
Uncanny dodge.

Jeff the Green
2013-08-21, 04:52 PM
Uncanny dodge.

Right, forgot about that since I only care about it for grapples.

Point stands, though.

Lateral
2013-08-22, 07:04 PM
Well, either way should work- she gets three attacks per round, and since her attack is only half-cold, even one hit will most likely drop the valkyrie, if not outright kill her.

Lix Lorn
2013-08-22, 07:31 PM
Gorrammit.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Lateral
2013-08-22, 07:36 PM
Waitwaitwaitwaitwait. With the nerf we agreed on, your standard damage is 4d6+8, so just Radiance would be... 2d6+8? I think?

Although I'm starting to wonder whether it's even still necessary, given that you guys are putting out way more damage than the old party ever did.

Lix Lorn
2013-08-22, 07:42 PM
Wait, they were both halved? I thought it was just nerfing the combination...

Lateral
2013-08-22, 07:45 PM
Wait, they were both halved? I thought it was just nerfing the combination...

Well, if your damage were still 4d6+8 when using Radiance alone, then there would be no reason to combine them in the first place. Same damage, can't be resisted, and a touch attack?

Lix Lorn
2013-08-22, 07:56 PM
Well, the Frostgift has +1 to hit and damage because of my item.

Lateral
2013-08-24, 12:27 PM
That's not nearly enough, but we can resolve this later- for now, the valkyrie is dead and the combat is over. I'll post IC when I have some free time.

GuyFawkes
2013-08-24, 09:53 PM
Oh, good. I can move again. :smalltongue:

Rope Trick time!

Lateral
2013-08-24, 09:55 PM
Aww... you're not going to just go up to the chest and open it? :smallfrown:

GuyFawkes
2013-08-24, 09:59 PM
Not Ravana. He's got like only so much HP left. And chests are the most dangerous things you can find in a room. :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

Lateral
2013-08-24, 10:03 PM
Just wait 'till I break out the gazebo. :smallwink:

Lix Lorn
2013-08-24, 10:10 PM
A...gazebo?

I shoot a frost bolt at it.

Lateral
2013-08-24, 10:11 PM
The gazebo is really an aspect of Yog-Sothoth. It devours you all.

EDIT: Oh, and you guys all get 2296 EXP, which bumps you all up to 9th level. Except Davhkur. Because (not) seriously, screw that walking pile of pompous dead zombie. :smalltongue:

I'm going to need you guys to tell me what you're doing at 9th level, of course.

Derjuin
2013-08-25, 12:10 AM
The gazebo is really an aspect of Yog-Sothoth. It devours you all.

EDIT: Oh, and you guys all get 2296 EXP, which bumps you all up to 9th level. Except Davhkur. Because (not) seriously, screw that walking pile of pompous dead zombie. :smalltongue:

I'm going to need you guys to tell me what you're doing at 9th level, of course.

hum...I think I missed an experience award somewhere, I'm only at 35283/36000 .-.

Lateral
2013-08-25, 12:14 AM
Probably, but I've got a running tally in the first post.

Jeff the Green
2013-08-25, 12:31 AM
Just wait 'till I break out the gazebo. :smallwink:

Funny story... The Fallen One just sent a gazebo at us, and it would have trounced us if I hadn't retrained Travel Devotion into the Travel domain.

Lateral
2013-08-25, 12:45 AM
Funny story... The Fallen One just sent a gazebo at us, and it would have trounced us if I hadn't retrained Travel Devotion into the Travel domain.
Yeah, that joke is a little obvious. I probably won't throw a gazebo at you anytime soon. Well, I mean, I already have the next two encounters pretty much planned out, and I've got a bit of an idea for the next... oh, five-and-a-half or so, but... we'll see.

Incidentally, I'm going to be pretty busy all week.

Derjuin
2013-08-25, 01:23 AM
I forget if I've asked, but are you okay with the Peerless Archer from the Silver Marches book? It's 3.0, that's why I'm making sure before I ask the next thing.

Would it be alright to re-allocate some skill points, and retrain a feat before picking my class ('cause the levelup 'process' is all kinds of crasy)? I'm not finding much use for the 11 ranks dumped into Survival that I have, and would like to swap my 6th level feat (Woodland Archer) for Quick Draw (then take Woodland Archer at 9th). If not, that's fine, it only affects whether I can take Peerless Archer at 9th, or at 10th (or not at all, if you're not cool with it).

Lateral
2013-08-25, 01:46 AM
I forget if I've asked, but are you okay with the Peerless Archer from the Silver Marches book? It's 3.0, that's why I'm making sure before I ask the next thing.

Would it be alright to re-allocate some skill points, and retrain a feat before picking my class ('cause the levelup 'process' is all kinds of crasy)? I'm not finding much use for the 11 ranks dumped into Survival that I have, and would like to swap my 6th level feat (Woodland Archer) for Quick Draw (then take Woodland Archer at 9th). If not, that's fine, it only affects whether I can take Peerless Archer at 9th, or at 10th (or not at all, if you're not cool with it).
It all looks fine to me, though I'll have to rework the Sharp Shooting class feature once it becomes relevant since cover/concealment works differently in 3.5

Derjuin
2013-08-25, 01:52 AM
It all looks fine to me, though I'll have to rework the Sharp Shooting class feature once it becomes relevant since cover/concealment works differently in 3.5

Okay, great. I'll be taking Peerless Archer at 9th level then (and my RHD for Gloura increases to 7 now right?)

Lateral
2013-08-25, 02:07 AM
Yeah, and your spells are 7th-level Bard-equivalent now. Not that you ever really use them.

Derjuin
2013-08-25, 02:22 AM
Yeah, and your spells are 7th-level Bard-equivalent now. Not that you ever really use them.

Yeah, I've eyeballed my choices and most of the ones I made were kinda terrible. Haha; but hey, 7th level means 3rd level spells which I think includes something nifty.

BelGareth
2013-08-25, 10:04 AM
Woot woot, a level!

I'll be grabbing another Warmage level and requesting to take Force Missile Mage (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5907822&posted=1#post5907822) ixnay that, I'll be taking a level in ranger...more flavorful.

BelGareth
2013-08-25, 10:13 AM
sorry, rolling HP's (because nothing i take will be better than Warmage HD)

[roll0]

Lix Lorn
2013-08-25, 02:05 PM
[roll0]
HP rolling yaaay

BelGareth
2013-08-25, 02:25 PM
changed my mind, will be taking a level in ranger, Favored enemy:undead

[roll0]

BelGareth
2013-08-25, 02:32 PM
sorry bout double post, I'm an idiot, feel free to tell me to take the first roll....or whatever..

(Rangers are d8)

[roll0]

Edit: could I Use the energy substitution ability from the warmage in place of the feat of the same name to qualify for 'Born of three thunders (http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-arcane--55/born-of-the-three-thunders--260/)'?

Lateral
2013-08-26, 12:55 AM
Fine with me. I mean, if you really want to be dazed more often than you already are. :smalltongue:

GuyFawkes
2013-08-26, 01:27 AM
Whahey...a level up!!

Hmmm. Now what to get for my new level...

Lateral
2013-08-28, 02:07 AM
So, if I've got this right:

Titania
Gloura HD +1/Peerless Archer 1

Oberon
Ranger 1/Warmage +1

Lix
You haven't actually said, but... Wilder +1/Radiant +1, right?

Ravana
I'unno.

By the way, I've reread Lix's Radiant class, and... I'm wondering. Lix, have you entirely forgotten about Celestial Judgment and your invocations? I've only seen you use Thunder's Glare once, I don't think you've ever used Crescent Blade or The Dead Walk, you haven't given anyone your Sun's Blessing, you haven't applied Divine Truth to those skill checks, and... well, it's your job to keep track of Celestial Judgment, or else you don't get the extra damage. :\

Also, I think I have a plan for Vivian's attack schedule, actually. I can't justify entirely getting rid of the nerfs- you'd average 130 points of damage a round, and half of that is irresistable. From what I'm seeing, Oberon and Ravana are putting out anywhere from 30-60 in a round plus status effects, depending on what they do, and though Titania can put out over a hundred, it's always the same and easily reduced by DR or high AC. Given that your damage is mostly just damage, but you have a few status effects that you can inflict and it's hard to avoid, I'm going to say that the 5d6+7 per attack you get as a 9th level Radiant is fine, but no more. However, you can make them as touch attacks, and they're entirely light damage rather than cold (unless you choose to make them cold)- essentially, think of your Gift of Frost and Flame as just providing extra range.

Does that sound fair to everyone? It's averaging about 70 damage a round.

Aside from that whole thing, are we ready to skip time past your Rope Trick?

Jeff the Green
2013-08-28, 02:41 AM
Lacking the divinations to help with identifying, she instead piddles around the chest

Ummm.... okay.

Verb
piddle (third-person singular simple present piddles, present participle piddling, simple past and past participle piddled)

(UK, euphemistic, slang) To urinate.

Lateral
2013-08-28, 02:46 AM
Ummm.... okay.
Also means 'to waste time.' Not exactly perfect, but probably a better fit.

Jeff the Green
2013-08-28, 03:00 AM

Oh, that makes a little more sense. That definition wasn't in the Verb section of Wiktionary, though.

Regarding HP, weren't we going with max each level? So BelGareth doesn't need to take that crappy roll for his ranger levels.

Lateral
2013-08-28, 03:13 AM
Oh, that makes a little more sense. That definition wasn't in the Verb section of Wiktionary, though.

Regarding HP, weren't we going with max each level? So BelGareth doesn't need to take that crappy roll for his ranger levels.
Yes. Yes, we were. Probably should've reminded you guys about that.

Derjuin
2013-08-28, 03:57 AM

This is what I meant :smalltongue:.

Yes. Yes, we were. Probably should've reminded you guys about that.

Oh, yay, I get 5 more HP than I thought :smallbiggrin: Wooo triple digit club!

Jeff the Green
2013-08-28, 06:30 AM
Aside from that whole thing, are we ready to skip time past your Rope Trick?

Missed this somehow.

It's fine with me. Before doing so Davkhur will use detect magic on the loot. Taking 10 on Spellcraft is 25, sufficient for spells of up to 10th level or non-spell effects with CL of up to 20.

I assume there are 6 items to ID, so I've put down six identifys for tomorrow.

GuyFawkes
2013-08-28, 09:30 AM
Okay, so much for piddling around (you guess which meaning :smallbiggrin:) I'll just continue with my swordmage and rakshasa for this level.

Lateral
2013-08-28, 05:08 PM
Okay, then, I just need to know what Vivs is taking, and I'll move it right along. Lix?

Also:

"But seriously, all that trouble, and they couldn't even prepare a treasure chest properly. I hope this is not we came here for."
Yes. Yes, it is. That crystal visor is totally the hundred-million-year-old draconic relic you came for. Campaign over, return to Karrnath to collect your million-GP reward.

Lix Lorn
2013-08-28, 06:28 PM
Lix
You haven't actually said, but... Wilder +1/Radiant +1, right?

By the way, I've reread Lix's Radiant class, and... I'm wondering. Lix, have you entirely forgotten about Celestial Judgment and your invocations? I've only seen you use Thunder's Glare once, I don't think you've ever used Crescent Blade or The Dead Walk, you haven't given anyone your Sun's Blessing, you haven't applied Divine Truth to those skill checks, and... well, it's your job to keep track of Celestial Judgment, or else you don't get the extra damage. :\
Right. I've forgotten about Celestial Judgement, but my invocations just haven't seemed useful.

Also, I think I have a plan for Vivian's attack schedule, actually. I can't justify entirely getting rid of the nerfs- you'd average 130 points of damage a round, and half of that is irresistable. From what I'm seeing, Oberon and Ravana are putting out anywhere from 30-60 in a round plus status effects, depending on what they do, and though Titania can put out over a hundred, it's always the same and easily reduced by DR or high AC. Given that your damage is mostly just damage, but you have a few status effects that you can inflict and it's hard to avoid, I'm going to say that the 5d6+7 per attack you get as a 9th level Radiant is fine, but no more. However, you can make them as touch attacks, and they're entirely light damage rather than cold (unless you choose to make them cold)- essentially, think of your Gift of Frost and Flame as just providing extra range.

Does that sound fair to everyone? It's averaging about 70 damage a round.
: /
Not really... Since I only seem to get one hit a round, maybe every other. This means I spent six LA to get the immortality thing, basically, since I want to be within PBS range.

It really doesn't help that levelling up got me roughly nothing.

Lateral
2013-08-28, 06:32 PM
: /
Not really... Since I only seem to get one hit a round, maybe every other. This means I spent six LA to get the immortality thing, basically, since I want to be within PBS range.

It really doesn't help that levelling up got me roughly nothing.
They're touch attacks now. You'll be landing most of your hits. That's really the big difference, here.
And... well, if you aren't getting anything on a level up, that's not my fault. It's the fault of whoever wrote the class. OH WAIT.

Lix Lorn
2013-08-28, 07:00 PM
Oh. Yeah, I suppose that works.
well I would get another dice of damage this level, but since I'm 3d6 behind the interaction I based my build on, that doesn't feel like much.

Lateral
2013-08-28, 07:05 PM
Oh. Yeah, I suppose that works.
well I would get another dice of damage this level, but since I'm 3d6 behind the interaction I based my build on, that doesn't feel like much.
Sorry, I know this nerf kind of sucks. Wasn't my idea. Still, you'll be putting out 70+ damage a round, it'll almost always hit since it's a touch attack, and it's basically irresistible. That's not a bad deal.
You're actually 3d6+7 behind, per attack, which is really more the point.

BelGareth
2013-08-28, 07:06 PM
Meanwhile, Oberon gained 2.5 to his warmage edge.

Lateral
2013-08-28, 07:08 PM
Hey, taking Ranger on the other side was your idea. The first level is kind of crap.

BelGareth
2013-08-28, 07:12 PM
Hey, taking Ranger on the other side was your idea. The first level is kind of crap.

Lol, im just kidding, and I think the ranger level was a good idea, +1BAB, +8HP's, + crapton of skills, favored enemy, whats not to like!

EDIT: and the ranger doesn't affect his edge, that goes up by half his Int mod every level...so yea.

Derjuin
2013-08-28, 07:18 PM

I gained avg. 2.5 too, but only on attacks vs. flat-footed or dex-denied foes. :smalltongue:

BelGareth
2013-08-28, 07:19 PM
I gained avg. 2.5 too, but only on attacks vs. flat-footed or dex-denied foes. :smalltongue:

Seems like we're all balanced if thats the case.:smallcool:

Lix Lorn
2013-08-28, 07:22 PM
Sorry, I know this nerf kind of sucks. Wasn't my idea. Still, you'll be putting out 70+ damage a round, it'll almost always hit since it's a touch attack, and it's basically irresistible. That's not a bad deal.
You're actually 3d6+7 behind, per attack, which is really more the point.
I guess.
But those attacks never hit anyway, and it's my only trick.
Incidentally, Sun's Blessing is on myself.

BelGareth
2013-08-28, 08:01 PM
Dibs on the rod of sculpting.

Is it lesser or regular?

Lateral
2013-08-28, 08:15 PM
Lesser.

...And you really shouldn't be peeking in other players' spoilers. Especially if it's one for Davhkur. Not because of anything secret he might know, but more because it's likely to contain an insult directed towards the rest of you. Usually Vivian. :smalltongue:

BelGareth
2013-08-28, 08:17 PM
Lesser.

...And you really shouldn't be peeking in other players' spoilers. Especially if it's one for Davhkur. Not because of anything secret he might know, but more because it's likely to contain an insult directed towards the rest of you. Usually Vivian. :smalltongue:

haha, very well, i shall control myself from now on. :smallcool:

(if davkhur wants to keep the rod, then he's more than welcome)

GuyFawkes
2013-08-29, 12:00 AM
Arcane soul:At 3rd level, the Rakshasa can cast as if he was a sorcerer two levels lower than it's Rasksha level, except that it learns one enchantment spell for free of a level it can cast every time it's sorcerer casting increases.

Okay, I'm not really sure how to interpret this. When do I actually get free enchantment spells?

Lateral
2013-08-29, 12:02 AM
Okay, I'm not really sure how to interpret this. When do I actually get free enchantment spells?
I'm going to interpret that as 'every time you gain a new spell level.'

GuyFawkes
2013-08-29, 12:25 AM
Okay good. I think that's how I interpreted it as well.

Jeff the Green
2013-08-29, 03:54 AM
I'm too tired to think IC right now, but loot's on the spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiCd3kHd21VzdHVkbEZFbUVfWm0wdVdXSlU1VUhIN EE#gid=0). (There wasn't loot from the crysmal encounter, right?)

As usual, claim something by moving the '1' to your column.

Davkhur will use the rod until we decide to take a week off to craft unless Oberon wants it. (There aren't a ton of spells for me to use it with. Fogs and rainbows, mostly.)

Derjuin
2013-08-29, 07:41 AM
I'm too tired to think IC right now, but loot's on the spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiCd3kHd21VzdHVkbEZFbUVfWm0wdVdXSlU1VUhIN EE#gid=0). (There wasn't loot from the crysmal encounter, right?)

Davkhur will use the rod until we decide to take a week off to craft unless Oberon wants it. (There aren't a ton of spells for me to use it with. Fogs and rainbows, mostly.)

Seems I can't access the spreadsheet without a request...you want us sending you requests or do you want to make it available?

Jeff the Green
2013-08-29, 07:55 PM
Seems I can't access the spreadsheet without a request...you want us sending you requests or do you want to make it available?

Huh, I thought I'd made it public. It's available now.

Lateral
2013-08-29, 07:57 PM
Jeff, you have the wrong version of Banishing Arrows on there. They're from MiC, and they're only worth 1800 total. Also, it's a Lesser Rod, so it's only worth 3000.

BelGareth
2013-08-29, 10:03 PM

I wouldn't mind the rod, it could come in handy for any fireballs I throw out...

GuyFawkes
2013-08-30, 01:44 AM
Or the Hellcat Gauntlets would be nice for you.

BelGareth
2013-08-30, 10:55 AM
Or the Hellcat Gauntlets would be nice for you.

Yeah, thats actually a good idea, i'll claim those and leave the rod alone.

eDIT: except I have gloves of dex....

Lateral
2013-08-31, 12:51 AM
By the way, people, I'll be really busy this weekend. Might have some time to post, might not. Either way, we're not getting much done until at least Tuesday.

Jeff the Green
2013-08-31, 03:36 AM
Yeah, thats actually a good idea, i'll claim those and leave the rod alone.

eDIT: except I have gloves of dex....

That's what the Transfer Dweomer incantation is for. We can put the hellcat properties onto the +Dex gloves (or vice versa) for 1000 in treasure, an hour of time, and a few Knowledge (arcana) checks.

BelGareth
2013-08-31, 11:43 AM
That's what the Transfer Dweomer incantation is for. We can put the hellcat properties onto the +Dex gloves (or vice versa) for 1000 in treasure, an hour of time, and a few Knowledge (arcana) checks.

Oh sweet.that is cool

GuyFawkes
2013-08-31, 10:22 PM
Problem solved then. Also, I took the battlecharger boots since no one else does the charging anyway but Ravana.

Lateral
2013-09-03, 06:16 PM
So, are you guys done with dividing up loot? I've got the next room all set up if you guys are ready to figure out how to get there.

Jeff the Green
2013-09-04, 04:03 AM
Oh, sorry, I forgot I was the last to post IC and left it at divvying up the loot. I'll go lead us out.

Edit:
I also just remembered the Valkyrie's short swords and added them to the ledger. That nets each character a little less than 1000 gold in crafting fodder.

BelGareth
2013-09-04, 11:34 AM
Sooo, are we assumed to have use the dweomer of merging items?

Lateral
2013-09-04, 05:41 PM
That takes skill checks and a long time. Let's say you can try it next time you rest.

"I can shoot this one too, if you'd like. I'm not getting close to it though."
Smart. :smallamused:

...Dav (that's how he mentally called him)...
Oh, man. I'm referring to Davhkur as 'Dave' from now on.

Jeff the Green
2013-09-04, 08:29 PM
That takes skill checks and a long time. Let's say you can try it next time you rest.

It only takes an hour, and Davkhur can make the skill checks taking 10 (or taking 1, with a spell)

Lateral
2013-09-04, 08:31 PM
It only takes an hour, and Davkhur can make the skill checks taking 10 (or taking 1, with a spell)
Mmkay, then go for it. I believe that, by the MiC rules, combining the two isn't any more expensive than having the two separately since one's just a flat +2, so you should be fine without paying any extra.

BelGareth
2013-09-06, 05:16 PM
Sweet, gauntlets of the Dextrous Hellcat added to my inventory.

How do you want to handle the money (as in from where and who?) Oberon has some money, but not 1k (from before char creation)

EDTIT: 5th level spells y'all.

Lateral
2013-09-06, 08:04 PM
Lessee, here.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]

Lateral
2013-09-06, 08:07 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]

Lateral
2013-09-06, 08:29 PM
Oh, and:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

BelGareth
2013-09-06, 08:31 PM
Hmmm, what did Oberon do now?

Lateral
2013-09-06, 08:40 PM
Just one more. [roll0]

GuyFawkes
2013-09-06, 10:56 PM
Hey, I thought you're gonna start calling him Dave? :smallbiggrin:

Lateral
2013-09-06, 10:59 PM
OOC. Not IC.
...Well, not yet. Just you wait.

Jeff the Green
2013-09-07, 03:37 AM
Knowledge (planes).

Twisted things: [roll0]
Bird: [roll1]

Also, I gained DR 10/Cold Iron this past level, which I forgot to mark on my sheet, though this is mitigated by the fact that iron does an additional 1d6 damage per hit. How does this affect the damage Davkhur took?

How do you want to handle the money (as in from where and who?) Oberon has some money, but not 1k (from before char creation)

Loot works, thanks to the incantations. Look at them; they're in the first OOC post.

Lateral
2013-09-07, 09:50 AM
[roll0]

Reduce the damage by four. The arrows are still cold iron.

Knowledges:

The twisted things are nashrou, a kind of animalistic demon. Like most demons, they're most common on Shavarath, where they generally are either used as shock troops by demonic hordes or roam in packs. They're only about as smart as wolves, but they're extremely vicious and unusually hardy. However, their structure is such that if you hit them in exactly the right place, they'll fall apart immediately (OOC: they die instantly on a confirmed crit). The one hanging at the back is acting extremely strangely. I don't think I really have to tell you why- at this point, you can probably figure it out.

The bird is a vrock. They're powerful demons, with natural telekinetic abilities, and they can also spread dangerous spores and emit a stunning screech.

Lateral
2013-09-07, 05:02 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

N2 and N3 are corpse'd, guys.

GuyFawkes
2013-09-07, 10:13 PM
I'm gonna go last on this one. Go wreak havoc you guys.

Lateral
2013-09-07, 10:15 PM
I'm gonna go last on this one. Go wreak havoc you guys.
Smart move. They kill the nashrou, you're free to run like a madman at the heavy hitter.

Jeff the Green
2013-09-08, 01:33 AM
What's the initiative order?

Lateral
2013-09-08, 01:46 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

[roll5]

Titania and Oberon go before the baddies. Everyone else goes after. Unless you have Nerveskitter or something. So, we'll have to wait on Derj.