PDA

View Full Version : For Gold & Glory OOC

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Lateral
2013-09-08, 11:25 AM
[roll0]- ??? grapple
[roll1]- Oberon grapple

[roll2]- ??? grapple
[roll3]- Davhkur grapple (IT KEEPS HAPPENGING)

[roll4]
[roll5]

Lateral
2013-09-08, 11:32 AM
Oops, forgot a few.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]

Lateral
2013-09-08, 11:33 AM
Annd confirm. [roll0]
[roll1]

BelGareth
2013-09-08, 06:08 PM
Where exactly (grid coordinates) are the crossbowmen?

Lateral
2013-09-08, 06:17 PM
Presumably behind the arrow slits that are on the walls at B8 and F8, but you can't actually see them through those holes from this distance. You can try to attack them, but they have improved cover, and you don't have line of effect so you wouldn't be able to target behind the wall with a spell.

Also, archers. Not crossbowmen.

BelGareth
2013-09-08, 07:03 PM
ok, thanks!

I'll be throwing up a wall next round.

Lateral
2013-09-08, 07:09 PM
What kind of wall? A Wall of Energy won't stop the arrows, you realize.

Jeff the Green
2013-09-08, 07:37 PM
I think he has wall of ice.

How do I ID the slime and the grapple effect?

Lateral
2013-09-08, 07:49 PM
Slime is Psicraft DC 23. You can't ID the grapple effect. At least, not yet.

Jeff the Green
2013-09-08, 07:51 PM
Well, I'm not trained in psicraft. Can I guess whether teleporting away will let me escape?

Lateral
2013-09-08, 07:54 PM
Yes, but you'll still be grappled.

Jeff the Green
2013-09-08, 07:55 PM
Huh? How could I escape but still be grappled?

Lateral
2013-09-08, 07:56 PM
...Oh, you aren't in the gel, are you? No, teleporting won't help.

Jeff the Green
2013-09-08, 08:13 PM
Everyone gets +3 to hit the Vrock now.

BelGareth
2013-09-08, 08:24 PM
What kind of wall? A Wall of Energy won't stop the arrows, you realize.

wall of ice and stone

GuyFawkes
2013-09-08, 10:33 PM
Reflex vs DC 22: [roll0]

Edit: Tsss. What a waste of a 20.

Lix Lorn
2013-09-09, 09:36 AM
I didn't post this last night cause I was in a terrible mood and I wanted to wait til I felt better to confirm it wasn't just the blehs, but... I think I should probably drop. I love roleplaying vivian but actually playing her mechanically was pretty unsatisfying before losing her only plus. I built her ****tily. Sorry. Have fun.

Lateral
2013-09-09, 01:57 PM
...Or, alternatively, if you're happy with Vivian's character, we can rebuild her chassis entirely. Did that for BelGareth a while back, and that worked out fine.

Jeff the Green
2013-09-09, 03:00 PM
...Or, alternatively, if you're happy with Vivian's character, we can rebuild her chassis entirely. Did that for BelGareth a while back, and that worked out fine.

Possibility: Psion or ardent. Good blasting and versatility. You could even take sangehirn for some healing that works outside of the rope trick. On the other side with RHD and LA put something that works off your casting stat, like paladin with serenity, swordsage, or factotum. RHD/LA/Paladin of Freedom 2/Swordsage 1//Ardent 6/Sangehirn 3 would work well with the energy mantle and whatever others you feel like. Then swap back and forth between Ardent and Sangehirn to get healing and blasting powers, and pick up miscellaneous defensive boosts and counters from swordsage. Serenity, taken at level 9, will get you Wisdom to saves, and with another level in swordsage you'll get it to AC.

Edit:
Also, I edited my action slightly to include a 5-foot step and using my eternal wand of swift invisibility, which makes me invisible until my next turn.

Lix Lorn
2013-09-09, 05:34 PM
My problem is that the two parts of the character that are important is the 'ice phoenix' and the 'moon warrior'.
And... I can't have both of them, since a major element of them doesn't stack. I don't suppose it would be less horrifying damage if it were melee, would it? :smallsigh:

BelGareth
2013-09-09, 06:24 PM
Edit:
Also, I edited my action slightly to include a 5-foot step and using my eternal wand of swift invisibility, which makes me invisible until my next turn.

Oberon is constantly invisible (greater even) and he was getting hit.

And I would also like to see Lix stay in the game, for what its worth.

Lateral
2013-09-09, 06:53 PM
Oberon is constantly invisible (greater even) and he was getting hit.

GOD

DAMN IT

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

EDIT: Oberon's only taken 25 damage so far. I have a notoriously bad memory and we don't update quickly enough for me to remember, so you're going to have to remind me that you're both invisible and flying at the beginning of each combat. That applies to the rest of you, too.

My problem is that the two parts of the character that are important is the 'ice phoenix' and the 'moon warrior'.
And... I can't have both of them, since a major element of them doesn't stack. I don't suppose it would be less horrifying damage if it were melee, would it? :smallsigh:
Hmm. There are two ways to do this, I guess. One would be to completely overhaul Vivian mechanically, picking a new class that does a similar thing but is more versatile and does less damage.

The other option, if you're happy with everything but damage potential, would be to simply make the +CHA from Radiance and the +CHA from Gift of Frost not stack. That pushes your DPR down to a respectable 108 assuming everything hits, and if we make the +CHA cold damage from GoF rather than from Radiant, Cold resistance and your relatively low to-hit make me comfortable with giving you that. Sound good? I think we overdid it with the nerf the first time, and especially now that the party is much stronger.

Lix Lorn
2013-09-09, 07:36 PM
...I should have waited until I was awake to reply to this

not letting cha apply twice is totally reasonable, I can go with that
the major problem with vivian, apart from ne side being irrelevant, is that she lacks options. every round is 'full attack'. this was my fault in making her.
what would be ideal is to swap wilder (which is kinda useless with only two levels in it) for cha-swordsage or, even better, fatetamer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9952579#post9952579), since maneuvers scale better and give more options. I'd then swap to the melee version of radiant, which would give me no range on my radiance, but light armour and a slightly better hit dice.

net result would be that the energy damages are riding on a melee weapon, so aren't touch attacks, but have a greatsword stuck on the end, plus I actually get to do different things every round yay
...also I wouldn't be rapid shotting anymore. just two attacks.
...sleep now thank you for being helpful

Lateral
2013-09-11, 02:35 PM
...Huh. You're cutting yourselves off from the enemies entirely?

Fatetamer is approved, with the caveat that I have to approve your school selection- no cherry-picking only the best for you, the class is already better than a swordsage. Feel free to request homebrew disciplines if you like, though- same applies to them.

You should have some time to figure it out, since everyone except Davhkur still needs to go in the current round anyway.

BelGareth
2013-09-11, 02:43 PM
Well, its not a wall of stone, that would have been cutting us of entirely, wall of ice, is rounds/level and can be broken, should be enough time to give us a moment to figure things out, plus it will provide cover as they have to break each 10ft square.

Derjuin
2013-09-11, 03:52 PM
Sorry all, been ridiculously busy IRL, will be posting soon I hope.

[roll0] Reflex

Lix Lorn
2013-09-11, 10:30 PM
Only discipline I know I want is Hero's Edge.
And I'm not sure it's better than swordsage. Okay, better class features, but worse HD and minorly less maneuvers...

Lateral
2013-09-11, 10:43 PM
Only discipline I know I want is Hero's Edge.
And I'm not sure it's better than swordsage. Okay, better class features, but worse HD and minorly less maneuvers...
Approved, because I've always wanted to see someone using it.

I think we'll play out this encounter with the current build, and switch it up next time.

Jeff the Green
2013-09-13, 05:30 PM
I think Titania goes before Oberon, actually, thanks to her higher initiative modifier.

Derjuin
2013-09-13, 05:34 PM
I think Titania goes before Oberon, actually, thanks to her higher initiative modifier.

Oh right, I forgot we were doing separate initiatives now. Uno momento

Lateral
2013-09-13, 05:54 PM
Yep. For reference, current initiative order:

{table=head]Character|Initiative
Vivs|17 (#4)
Dave|11 (#6)
Oberon|27 (#2)
Ravana|17 (#5)
Titania|27 (#1)
Monsters|23 (#3)[/table]

Lateral
2013-09-14, 05:38 PM
Lix, Vivian still needs to roll saves against the sticky Grease. After that, I'll roll enemies.

...You do realize that each 5ft. section of the wall only has 24 HP, right? They're guaranteed to break through it this next round.

BelGareth
2013-09-14, 05:54 PM
Lix, Vivian still needs to roll saves against the sticky Grease. After that, I'll roll enemies.

...You do realize that each 5ft. section of the wall only has 24 HP, right? They're guaranteed to break through it this next round.

27 hp's and yes, it was only meant to show them down

Jeff the Green
2013-09-14, 06:01 PM
Don't forget that everything but fire does only half damage.

Lateral
2013-09-15, 12:22 AM
Don't worry, I'm aware. The archer will still demolish it with one full attack.

Jeff the Green
2013-09-15, 12:51 AM
Huh, I misread. I thought it was 3 hp/5-foot square section. Oh well, once they poke holes I can send a summon in or something.

Also, I assume that that was a mirror image SLA. Taking 10 on Spellcraft to ID the effect once it's in place is 25 (DC 20+spell level). If so, I should be able to "see" if the vrocks at C18/D19 and F20/G21 are real or not with Mindsight.

Lix Lorn
2013-09-15, 11:14 AM
[roll0] ref;ex.
Although, for future reference, Vivian is always, constantly flying, always. Except when she's asleep, I guess.

Lateral
2013-09-15, 11:52 AM
[roll0]

No, neither of those are real.

Lateral
2013-09-16, 03:19 PM
Arrows 1 vs. wall:
[roll0]/2

Arrows 2 vs. Ravana:
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Arrows 2 vs. Vivian:
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]

Grapplins vs. Ravana:
[roll11]
[roll12]

Grapplins vs. Oberon:
[roll13]
[roll14]

Anvils vs. Ravana:
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]

Dispel:
[roll19] vs. DC 20

Lateral
2013-09-16, 03:30 PM
Ooh. Forgot Vrock save.
[roll0]

Also, that web's going to provide you guys cover from those arrow attacks. 'Course, only one hits, so...

[roll1]

Jeff the Green
2013-09-16, 05:45 PM
I thought cover gave a bonus to AC rather than miss chance.

Also, does the ghost thing not need line of effect to target Oberon and Ravanna? Even with that 10' section gone, there's not a straight line.

Lateral
2013-09-16, 06:24 PM
I thought cover gave a bonus to AC rather than miss chance.
Huh, you're right. That's weird. Vivian, that attack actually misses you.

Also, does the ghost thing not need line of effect to target Oberon and Ravanna? Even with that 10' section gone, there's not a straight line.

Yes. Yes, it does require line of effect.

...Hold on, I miscounted the range on your mindsight.

Davhkur
You can sense a mind at G24, about 10 feet up. Int 10 outsider.

Jeff the Green
2013-09-17, 12:38 AM
Interesting.

I'm going to have Davkhur move to A31; does that reveal any more invisible enemies? It should show which of the vrocks is real.

Lateral
2013-09-17, 12:46 AM
Davhkur
C16/D17 is real. There's another INT 10 outsider at D12.

Jeff the Green
2013-09-17, 01:59 AM
Oberon and Titania will know on their turns that the vrock at C16/D17 is the real one, and the invisible creature at G24 is outlined.

Also, Lateral, you should re-read web's description. With 20' of web between the archers and the wall, they shouldn't have been able to hit it. It's obviously too late now, but if Ravana's going to keep casting it it'd be better to keep it in mind.

Apropos of nothing, this game is instilling bad habits in me. Since we had what I assumed was going to be either a TPK or at least a DavkhurK, I started building a new character. And then another, more crazy than the last. Then another, following the same pattern. Eventually I ended up building a mutant vampire who uses planar binding to order takeout.

I blame you, Lateral, for my impending madness.

BelGareth
2013-09-17, 09:56 AM
Oberon and Titania will know on their turns that the vrock at C16/D17 is the real one, and the invisible creature at G24 is outlined.

Also, Lateral, you should re-read web's description. With 20' of web between the archers and the wall, they shouldn't have been able to hit it. It's obviously too late now, but if Ravana's going to keep casting it it'd be better to keep it in mind.

Apropos of nothing, this game is instilling bad habits in me. Since we had what I assumed was going to be either a TPK or at least a DavkhurK, I started building a new character. And then another, more crazy than the last. Then another, following the same pattern. Eventually I ended up building a mutant vampire who uses planar binding to order takeout.

I would love to see that.

Derjuin
2013-09-17, 11:32 AM
Asdfqu preview messed up my rolls.

[roll0] for [roll1] Will DC 20 or be banished
[roll2] for [roll3] vs. the Glitterdusted
[roll4] for [roll5] vs. the Glitterdusted
[roll6] for [roll7] Will DC 20 or be banished <- redirect @ glitterdust if Vrock is banished by first arrow
[roll8] for [roll9] vs. the Glitterdusted

BelGareth
2013-09-17, 12:48 PM
Did the DD get away from the grappling last time? I can't remember....I'm a little stumped as what to do with the grappling thing...

Jeff the Green
2013-09-17, 01:16 PM
Did the DD get away from the grappling last time? I can't remember....I'm a little stumped as what to do with the grappling thing...

I don't think it did. However, I'm fairly sure the glitterdusted outsider is the source, so killing it might help.

Lateral, now that the invisible thing is outlined, is it possible to ID it? If so, Knowledge (the planes): [roll0]

I would love to see that.

It's here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=657903). Other notable features:

It has 13 feats over 8 levels (2 flaws, 1 human, 2 purchased, 1 spirit shaman, 2 domains, 1 wizard, 1 marshal, 3 levels).
It uses Nar Demonbinder to get lesser planar binding a level earlier than normal.
It only has one class (Spirit Shaman) with more than two levels.
It gets its +9 Charisma modifier to AC twice and to Initiative and Dexterity skills, and the last two it shares with allies.
It can DMM Quicken six spells per day; nine with a small investment in magic items.

Lateral
2013-09-17, 02:28 PM
[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
([roll6])

Okay, so the loumara is banished anyway. Redirect that last attack, if you like.

Happy to be of service. :smallamused:

No.

Lateral, now that the invisible thing is outlined, is it possible to ID it? If so, Knowledge (the planes): [roll0]
It's just an outline, you can't really see it well enough to fully ID it, but... what the hell, since you know it's a demon, you can see the general shape, and you know that it has some form of telekinesis, you know that it's a demon known as a guecubu, a kind of loumara. Loumara are a relatively new form of demon, very rare on Eberron- first confirmable mention of them historically originates from circa 100 YK, although there are a few possible candidates for earlier mentions. They are usually incorporeal, often taking possession of others' bodies. Guecubu are one of the weaker kinds- they can only take possession of sleeping creatures, but they are naturally invisible, incorporeal, and have limited telekinesis.

It's here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=657903). Other notable features:

It has 13 feats over 8 levels (2 flaws, 1 human, 2 purchased, 1 spirit shaman, 2 domains, 1 wizard, 1 marshal, 3 levels).
It uses Nar Demonbinder to get lesser planar binding a level earlier than normal.
It only has one class (Spirit Shaman) with more than two levels.
It gets its +9 Charisma modifier to AC twice and to Initiative and Dexterity skills, and the last two it shares with allies.
It can DMM Quicken six spells per day; nine with a small investment in magic items.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
(If Dave bites it, you're playing that PC. I'd have to go over it and bring down the hammer where necessary, of course, but you're still playing that PC.)

Jeff the Green
2013-09-17, 03:27 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
(If Dave bites it, you're playing that PC. I'd have to go over it and bring down the hammer where necessary, of course, but you're still playing that PC.)

It's cheesy, certainly (e.g. unseelie fey, LA buyoff shenanigans, Nar Demon Binder, Otyugh Hole), but probably not overpowered. A spirit shaman without an animal to buff is significantly weaker, and he needs to do 8d4 Constitution drain each day just to avoid penalties and more than that to use his vampire powers, so even with bloodbag imps most/all of his planar bindings are needed just to eat. He also has some pretty stupendous defenses, but is rather weak on others because of all the dipping.

So basically he fills the same role as Davkhur, except with more buffing and less sneaking (though with Motivate Dexterity and no armor, he can sneak fairly well too).

Lateral
2013-09-18, 02:24 PM
BelGareth, the guecubu is banished. You can't target it.

BelGareth
2013-09-18, 02:29 PM
BelGareth, the guecubu is banished. You can't target it.

GODAMNMUTHERF#**#RWHATTHEF*&KHOWDIDINOTSEEHTAT!

Redirect attack to vrock (or whatever is left)

Jeff the Green
2013-09-19, 12:59 AM
For reference, were I to summon a fire elemental, could it charge through the web? It says a magical flaming sword can cut through them like a hand brushing away a cobweb.

Lateral
2013-09-19, 01:01 AM
I'm going to say... yes, but at half speed.

Jeff the Green
2013-09-19, 01:30 AM
That works. :smallsmile:

GuyFawkes
2013-09-19, 08:38 AM
Okay, so the Gamecube is banished. Means no more grappling for Ravana, yea or nay?

Lateral
2013-09-19, 04:06 PM
No, but Oberon's free.

GuyFawkes
2013-09-19, 07:58 PM
Okay, can I Escape Artist or Grapple check this?

Lateral
2013-09-19, 07:59 PM
Yes, as normal.

GuyFawkes
2013-09-19, 08:07 PM
Hmm, doesn't matter I guess since Ravana has nonexistent modifiers for those anyway. Let's see what the die decides.

Escape Artist: [roll0]

Lateral
2013-09-19, 08:08 PM
[roll0]

We'll see. Still burns your turn, though.

EDIT: Nope, looks like not.

Jeff the Green
2013-09-19, 08:36 PM
Why'd you use Escape Artist? :smallconfused:

If you'd used a grapple check it would have been 5 higher and you could have made two of them.

GuyFawkes
2013-09-19, 09:52 PM
Uh, well add 5 to that roll and it still fails. Why two though?

Jeff the Green
2013-09-19, 09:55 PM
You can make one for each iterative attack you'd get.

If your base attack bonus allows you multiple attacks, you can attempt one of these actions in place of each of your attacks, but at successively lower base attack bonuses.

You can escape a grapple by winning an opposed grapple check in place of making an attack.

GuyFawkes
2013-09-19, 09:58 PM
Ah, right, right. I forgot about that. I also forgot Ravana has full BAB that's why I went for Escape Artist. Oh well, now I know. Anyway, you guys can handle the rest. :smalltongue:

Jeff the Green
2013-09-21, 09:34 AM
...Maybe we should have a rule that Lateral will NPC our characters if we take more than n days to post? Nothing kills a PbP campaign like week-long rounds.

BelGareth
2013-09-21, 10:16 AM
...Maybe we should have a rule that Lateral will NPC our characters if we take more than n days to post? Nothing kills a PbP campaign like week-long rounds.

true, except this pbp. I am truly amazed that this game has gone as long as it has with the all the pauses it has taken.

I find when there is a good group of players, no matter how long the pauses between players and/or DM's the game goes on no matter what.

But I digress, I agree wholeheartedly, of course this depends on Lateral's bandwidth for this game.

GuyFawkes
2013-09-21, 10:33 AM
Yeah, it's all up to the players in the end. And from what I have seen so far, everyone is into this game for the long haul. Hopefully I am correct.

Though Jeff's suggestion certainly is a good idea. Been suggesting that to my other games as well, and it does help move things along.

Lateral
2013-09-21, 11:38 AM
We're actually on a two-day limit. Honestly, I haven't yet done so because I just haven't had the time all week.

...'Course, GuyFawkes is here, so he can post for Ravana. Lix... well, here's the thing. I know that Lix is around. She just doesn't ever seem to post Vivian's moves, probably because she's bored with the character's inability to do any decent damage. The thing is, I can't have her change the character in the middle of an encounter, so if she wants to rebuild, she has to actually finish out the encounter.

GuyFawkes
2013-09-21, 11:53 AM
Oh, yeah, sorry. Nothing I can do much with being grappled anyway, so I do nothing for the turn.

Jeff the Green
2013-09-22, 06:11 AM
Oh, hey! I just found a way to add yet another feat to the Nar Demon Drinker build without compromising it.

Two more and it'll have twice as many feats as levels. :smallcool:

Jeff the Green
2013-09-23, 12:58 PM
So... is Vivian going to be NPCed?

Lateral
2013-09-23, 02:24 PM
Just got home. Will post once I've finished my homework.

Lateral
2013-09-23, 06:30 PM
Vivian's attacks:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Lateral
2013-09-23, 06:51 PM
Damage/section:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Lateral
2013-09-23, 06:55 PM
Oops. Grapple:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Jeff the Green
2013-09-24, 12:32 AM
Even though the vrock-images are so close together we have to choose one to attack, right?

Reflex vs. fire: [roll0]

Jeff the Green
2013-09-25, 04:16 PM
Cast defensively Concentration check (DC 19): [roll0]

Lateral
2013-09-25, 04:40 PM
Grapple vs. Ravana: [roll0]
[roll1]
No joy, sorry.

Save vs. Glitterdust: [roll2]

Glitterdust just outlines invisible creatures. Won't help you against Mirror Image.

[roll3] (8 hits)

Jeff the Green
2013-09-25, 04:45 PM
Glitterdust just outlines invisible creatures. Won't help you against Mirror Image.

Bother. My turn will have to be modified, then; if it doesn't allow figuring out which is real and which isn't summoning the cervidal is pointless.

Jeff the Green
2013-09-25, 05:02 PM
Okay, new plan is to summon [roll0] fleshrakers.

Presumably Davkhur would not have been as forgetful of mirror image's effects as I am, and would never have asked Oberon to cast glitterdust. Instead, he should be preparing the highest-damage touch spell he can manage.

Lateral
2013-09-25, 05:27 PM
Sorry, already rolled the saves for the deal. Can't take it back now. You can take back the summon, but the first attack is still a miss, since I already did one image roll.

Jeff the Green
2013-09-25, 05:31 PM
Well, the fleshrakers are unlikely to make it past the vrock's DR anyway. I'm just trying to get rid of the images right now, and a swarm of dinosaurs is more reliable than dispel magic.

Kinda wish you'd reminded us that glitterdust wouldn't work like that before you rolled the save, though.

Edit: Okay, those rolls are almost illegible. Give me a moment and I'll reformat.

Edit 2: Much better. From what I can tell, all the images should be gone, and two attacks have a chance of doing damage. Two damage, to be precise. Of course, the real damage comes from the fact that now Vivian (and next turn Oberon) have a chance at doing some damage. I really am having a hard time imagining how you'd do the rolls on the forum dice roller without something like 13 posts, so I don't mind if you roll in 'secret', Lateral.

BelGareth
2013-09-25, 06:11 PM
Kinda my own fault too...shoulda realized.

Next round Oberon will blast the Vrock.

Lateral
2013-09-25, 06:21 PM
Only three of those can actually damage him, so:

[roll0]

[roll1] or [roll2]
[roll3], [roll4], or [roll5]

ED: Okay, so Vrock takes one damage, and all images are pft.

Jeff the Green
2013-09-29, 06:36 AM
Ah, I forgot the effects of Ehlonna's brooch, which gives each summoned creature an additional +1 HP/HD. The IC post's been amended.

Also, maybe NPC Vivian again?

Lateral
2013-09-29, 11:02 PM
Sorry, busy weekend, splitting headache. Will post tomorrow.

Lateral
2013-09-30, 08:17 PM
Vivian's blasts:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Titania's arrows will obliterate the nashrou so quickly I won't even bother to roll.

Lateral
2013-09-30, 08:23 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait, wait. Jeff, since when do you get to summon 1d4+1 Fleshrakers with SNA IV?

Jeff the Green
2013-09-30, 08:57 PM
Ring of the Beast, makes SNA count as one level higher.

BelGareth
2013-09-30, 09:04 PM
Ring of the Beast, makes SNA count as one level higher.

I'm curious, how do you get SNA's? I see Summon Monsters but no SNA's on your spell list.

Jeff the Green
2013-09-30, 09:05 PM
As long as they can get scrolls of them, Archivists can learn any divine spell.

BelGareth
2013-09-30, 09:14 PM
As long as they can get scrolls of them, Archivists can learn any divine spell.

Yeah I knew that, just didn't see it on your sheet, no worries then.

Jeff the Green
2013-09-30, 09:17 PM
Oh, that's my prepared spells. The Spontaneous Summoner feat lets you spontaneously cast SNA Wis mod times per day. (Though we changed it to Int for an Archivist.)

Titania's arrows will obliterate the nashrou so quickly I won't even bother to roll.

As soon as she starts doing so, Davkhur closes his eyes to avoid the ghost's gaze. This will drop his AC to 10 (since mindsight only functions as blindsense), if anyone manages to attack him.

BelGareth
2013-09-30, 09:21 PM
Oh, that's my prepared spells. The Spontaneous Summoner feat lets you spontaneously cast SNA Wis mod times per day. (Though we changed it to Int for an Archivist.)

Sweet mother of god, thats awesome.

Jeff the Green
2013-09-30, 09:25 PM
Sweet mother of god, thats awesome.

Yeah, it's one of my favorite feats. It was originally intended for Clerics with the Animal domain, but really works better on Archivists and Spirit Shamans. Neither of which should have to use Wisdom to determine uses/day. :smallannoyed:

Lateral
2013-09-30, 10:12 PM
No, I mean since when are Fleshrakers on the SNAIII list?

Jeff the Green
2013-09-30, 10:24 PM
You approved this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11773709) expansion because unlike the summon monster lists they never got expanded in splats beyond adding more aquatic things. It's based on CR.

Lateral
2013-09-30, 10:55 PM
You approved this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11773709) expansion because unlike the summon monster lists they never got expanded in splats beyond adding more aquatic things. It's based on CR.

Ah. Yes. Yes, I did. Go ahead, then.

...Of course, it's almost midnight here. Sorry, going to have to wait until tomorrow. :smallsigh:

Jeff the Green
2013-09-30, 11:01 PM
No problem. I was just about to edit my post to say that if you're uncomfortable with fleshrakers at SNAIII, we can cut them, and/or go through the list in more detail to make sure it's not problematic.

(We could do so retroactively, actually, since their attack pattern is identical to a leopard's and with the vrock's size and poison immunity their venom and auto-trip/grapple ability are irrelevant. The only reasons to prefer the dinos is 13 HP and better saves. Plus, you know, dinosaurs. Rawr.)

Lateral
2013-09-30, 11:22 PM
Nah, fleshrakers are fine bumped up to SNAIII- they're a bit powerful, but they certainly don't stack up to the better SNAIV creatures.

Lateral
2013-10-01, 08:33 PM
Arrows 1 (vs. fleshraker-1 until it dies, then fleshraker-2 until it dies, then fleshraker-3 until it dies, then Titania.)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]

Arrows 2 (same, except Ravana instead of Titania)

[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]

[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]

[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]

[roll24]
[roll25]
[roll26]

[roll27]
[roll28]
[roll29]

Lateral
2013-10-01, 08:37 PM
[roll0] vs. DC 23 to dispel
[roll1] vs. DC 23 to dispel
[roll2] vs. DC 23 to dispel

Edit: Whoops, one spell.

GuyFawkes
2013-10-02, 06:52 AM
I do get grapple attempts to free myself this round right?

[roll0]
[roll1]
If no, disregard this.

Jeff the Green
2013-10-02, 07:39 AM
I do get grapple attempts to free myself this round right?

[roll0]
[roll1]
If no, disregard this.

It'd probably be better to wait for Oberon to kill the guecubu. They're pretty squishy, so a single magic missile should take care of it.

GuyFawkes
2013-10-02, 06:24 PM
Yeah, probably better.

BelGareth
2013-10-03, 02:16 PM
[roll0] vs DC 22 for 10 or 0

Lateral
2013-10-03, 04:12 PM
Yer a free man, Ravana.

BelGareth
2013-10-03, 04:54 PM
I think from now on, I'm going to refluff every spell as a vernal-feyish power, if thats cool with you Lateral.

GuyFawkes
2013-10-03, 06:54 PM
Sweet!

Now what to do with all this freedom...:smallcool:

Lateral
2013-10-05, 04:47 PM
Derj? Guy? Lix? Anyone?

GuyFawkes
2013-10-05, 11:20 PM
Yeah, sorry. Posting now.

Derjuin
2013-10-07, 07:25 PM
Sorry for the late response, but my normal computer is pretty much dead atm, trying to get it fixed asap. Posting from someone else's comp, so I won't be able to do anything...

Sorry everyone. You can NPC me to keep things going until I get it fixed, which...is sometime in the future. I am not sure when :smallfrown:

Lateral
2013-10-07, 08:18 PM
Arrows vs. Ravana:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Arrows vs. Vivian:
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]

Arrow vs. Davhkur:
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]

Jeff the Green
2013-10-07, 09:25 PM
I think you may have forgotten both Davkhur's iron vulnerability and his DR. [roll0]. So actually 10 damage.

Lateral
2013-10-07, 09:30 PM
Nope. Cold iron arrows, remember?

Jeff the Green
2013-10-07, 09:35 PM
No, I didn't. So 20 damage, unless cold iron somehow doesn't count as iron.

How big are the arrow slits?

Lateral
2013-10-07, 10:30 PM
Yeah.

They're about five inches wide, but they taper to about an inch and a half wide at the back. You don't have line of effect behind them, and anything behind them gets a +8 to AC, +4 to Reflex, and improved evasion.

Jeff the Green
2013-10-07, 11:30 PM
Yeah.

They're about five inches wide, but they taper to about an inch and a half wide at the back. You don't have line of effect behind them, and anything behind them gets a +8 to AC, +4 to Reflex, and improved evasion.

Don't you mean they taper out to the back (which we couldn't see)? Otherwise it'd funnel arrows in.

Also, if we don't have line of effect the creatures inside have total cover, not improved cover, and we can't even try to make attacks in.

Edit:
Oh, and I think the archers should be in range of mindsight now.

Lateral
2013-10-08, 06:10 AM
Don't you mean they taper out to the back (which we couldn't see)? Otherwise it'd funnel arrows in.
Yes. That's the same thing.

Also, if we don't have line of effect the creatures inside have total cover, not improved cover, and we can't even try to make attacks in.
I don't make the rules.

...Well, actually I do, but that's what they say.

BelGareth
2013-10-08, 10:10 AM
so can I aim a fireball through the hole?

what's the relative ac for that?

Lateral
2013-10-08, 02:15 PM
...I'm going to say that yes, spells that make touch attacks can go through. Normally, it'd be the other creature's AC plus 8, but here... let's say AC 23.

(And, by the way, your fireball goes through. You can't see what effect it had, if any.)

BelGareth
2013-10-08, 02:18 PM
shame I don't have disintergrate, would just blast my way through...

Lateral
2013-10-08, 02:32 PM
Oh, and I forgot to mention. You don't get slashing damage from the gauntlets, that's single-target spells only. And it's only 3/day, and never in consecutive rounds.

BelGareth
2013-10-08, 02:35 PM
Oh, and I forgot to mention. You don't get slashing damage from the gauntlets, that's single-target spells only. And it's only 3/day, and never in consecutive rounds.

You are correct, and I did add it to the MM, woops.

I'll amend that.

Lateral
2013-10-08, 08:14 PM
Vivian's attack rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Lateral
2013-10-08, 08:19 PM
Monsters' attack rolls. All against Vivian, you cowardly bastards.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]

Jeff the Green
2013-10-09, 04:27 PM
Are the doors at C- and E3 shut?

BelGareth
2013-10-09, 04:30 PM
just a thought, i could wall of stone those holes shut.

Lateral
2013-10-09, 04:41 PM
Are the doors at C- and E3 shut?
Yes. From this distance, you can't really tell if they're locked- there's no obvious padlock or anything, at least.

Jeff the Green
2013-10-09, 04:42 PM
Yes. From this distance, you can't really tell if they're locked- there's no obvious padlock or anything, at least.

I don't think Davkhur can see them at all, actually. I just wanted to know whether I could get in there with a single move action or not.

Lateral
2013-10-12, 12:00 PM
[roll0] (stable on a 10)

[roll1]
[roll2]

GuyFawkes
2013-10-15, 12:15 PM
Which one are you guys opening?

Jeff the Green
2013-10-15, 11:01 PM
I think you may have misunderstood Davkhur's request, BelGareth. He wanted someone to open the door next round so Davkhur can place the elementals inside (assuming the things don't open it on their own). You might spend the current round buffing or something, if you want.

I don't particularly care which door you open. The one with more badguys might be better since the elementals are going to do their donder en bliksem act.

BelGareth
2013-10-18, 01:36 PM
I think you may have misunderstood Davkhur's request, BelGareth. He wanted someone to open the door next round so Davkhur can place the elementals inside (assuming the things don't open it on their own). You might spend the current round buffing or something, if you want.

I don't particularly care which door you open. The one with more badguys might be better since the elementals are going to do their donder en bliksem act.

very well, I'll just delay my action.

Lateral
2013-10-18, 01:51 PM
I've got a pretty busy evening and tomorrow, so I'm going to hold off NPC and DMPC posts until Sunday. That should give Ravana a little time to post- he can probably take a few shots through the arrow slit.

Lateral
2013-10-22, 08:57 PM
Okay, so it's not Sunday. I was all set with a rapier at Real Life's throat, but then it dropped an anvil on me. :smallsigh:

Reflex vs. Ravana:

[roll0] Hah!

Jeff the Green
2013-10-23, 05:56 AM
I believe Oberon's going to open the door on the right. So Knowledge (the planes) to ID what's inside: [roll0] and [roll1].

I'm also going to need to know where they are in the room so I can place my elementals.

Derjuin
2013-10-23, 03:48 PM
Okay, so I am sort of back in the game. I am currently borrowing a (rather crappy) laptop, so I can (hopefully) get back to posting. Unfortunately, I am unable to access most of my books...

Could someone kindly post a recap of what's happened since I left? If not, it's cool, I can go back and re-read the stuff.

Jeff the Green
2013-10-23, 08:10 PM
Not a ton, I think. We finished the nashrou and vrock; the ghost appeared and dispelled some summoned fleshrakers before vanishing again; and we've moved up to the doors where we expect to fight dretches and some sort of archery demon. Ravana's killed several things in one side by throwing daggers through the arrow slit, and Oberon's about to open the door so Davkhur can summon some elementals into the other side. Vivian's in negatives and not stabilized.

Lateral
2013-10-24, 05:36 PM
I believe Oberon's going to open the door on the right. So Knowledge (the planes) to ID what's inside: [roll0] and [roll1].

I'm also going to need to know where they are in the room so I can place my elementals.

There are four dretches and an arrow demon. You know pretty much everything to know about the former- demonic grunt-workers, pretty much useless in a fight, though they've got a nasty Stinking Cloud SLA. The latter is a common sight in demon armies- exceptionally dangerous archers capable of wielding two bows at once. Getting close may not even help.

Dretches are F2, 3, 4, and 7. Arrow demon's at G6.

Jeff the Green
2013-10-25, 01:08 AM
Bother. They're immune to electricity. I should guessed they'd be demons and checked to see that demons are immune to electricity.

Can we swap for a quartet of dire wolves?

Lateral
2013-10-25, 06:14 AM
Eh, sure.

Jeff the Green
2013-10-27, 03:28 AM
Let's see if my IC post will serve as the intracardiac injection that prevents the game from flat-lining. Incoming.

GuyFawkes
2013-10-27, 06:55 AM
Can we have the map for this round?

Lateral
2013-10-27, 02:27 PM
Crap, I forgot. It's up now.

Lateral
2013-10-28, 03:05 PM
Little confused on where the arrow slits are, but I'm thinking I can move up to one and sort of use it as my own arrow slit?
Not exactly. Arrow slits are cut away at an angle. Are you actually sticking your bow into the arrow slit to fire? If so, then it won't get the +8 to AC, but you'll have to eat an attack of opportunity.

Derjuin
2013-10-29, 09:51 AM
Not exactly. Arrow slits are cut away at an angle. Are you actually sticking your bow into the arrow slit to fire? If so, then it won't get the +8 to AC, but you'll have to eat an attack of opportunity.

Pretty much - I was going to get as close as possible to try and negate the arrow slit's cover.

darned improved precise shot and its level 11 requirement what feat even requires an odd level like that back in my day ramble ramble

Lateral
2013-11-03, 11:16 PM
Okay, guys. I hate to do this, but I'm going to have to put this game on hold. I just don't have any time to update- hell, I'm barely keeping up with the PbPs I have a PC in.

So, the game's on hold until the end of February. After that... well, we'll see, I guess. If you guys are still interested, we can try this again, but that's a ways away, so let's not make any guarantees.

BelGareth
2013-11-04, 01:07 AM
Okay, guys. I hate to do this, but I'm going to have to put this game on hold. I just don't have any time to update- hell, I'm barely keeping up with the PbPs I have a PC in.

So, the game's on hold until the end of February. After that... well, we'll see, I guess. If you guys are still interested, we can try this again, but that's a ways away, so let's not make any guarantees.

completely understand, I'll keep this subbed

Jeff the Green
2013-11-04, 02:54 AM

There needs to be a smiley for 'sad, but sympathetic', especially since, on the one hand, I think I figured out how to make the Nar Demon Drinker more interesting than 'Summon, Rinse, Repeat, never get hit because I get Charisma to AC twice and am half fey', but on the other am working on a thesis and looking for jobs at the moment. Of course, I have no idea what this smiley would look like.

So, same as BelGareth, I'll keep my subscription so if you end up having time to restart I'm game.

GuyFawkes
2013-11-07, 08:51 AM
It's pretty much understandable as I can relate to your sentiments Lateral. I will keep this game in my subscriptions and see where this goes.

Good luck.

Lateral
2014-02-04, 03:12 PM
All right, so my (semi-, as it turns out) hiatus will end after the 14th or so, although I'll be AFB and thus unable to actually draw up maps or set up encounters for about another week.

With that in mind, I'd just like to do a headcount, see who's still here. Depending on how many people we still have, or if you guys want to, we can continue where we were or just start a new crawl- I'm fine either way, honestly.

Also, just FYI, I have a friend who's interested in joining the game after hiatus ends. Would that be all right with you guys?

Jeff the Green
2014-02-04, 03:25 PM
Well, I'm still game. I have no particular preference as to whether we start a new crawl or continue with this one. Either way, I'll probably switch out to a new character: either the Nar Demon Drinker or a homebrew thingy (either an archivist/factotum theurge with a caster on the side or a spirit shaman arcane hierophant modification with charisma synergy on the side).

And I would have no problem with someone else joining, as long as you don't think it'll end up with too many players.

Good to have you back. :smallbiggrin:

Derjuin
2014-02-04, 05:34 PM
Woo! Good to have you back!

I'm still here. We can change to a new crawl or continue this one, I'm fine with either. I will probably end up changing my character though, if we're gonna be given that option; when I made her, Titania seemed more interesting than she turned out :smallannoyed:. And I'm totes okay with a new person joining.

GuyFawkes
2014-02-05, 12:57 AM
Glad to have you back Lateral!

I am still here. Let's do this!!

New crawl, continue, either way. And I'm fine with a new player. :smallbiggrin:

Jeff the Green
2014-02-05, 03:12 PM
Hmm, yes, I think I'll be doing a homebrew thingy. Assuming everyone's okay with me being a primary caster again (not a summoner), I'll request this spellweaver (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9262850&postcount=196) monster class (an Int-based sorcerer with minor action economy abuse and fewer spells per day and known) and my factotum/artificer theurge (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273831) (that needs a bit of tweaking of invention prices/durability and craft reserve).

I'd focus on buffing/debuffing, likely. I'll certainly be using luminous armor for myself, so if anyone else wants to use it just be sure to be Good and pay me a small amount for the lesser restoration charges.

Lateral
2014-02-05, 04:15 PM
Since it sounds like we're adding a new fifth, and since a couple of people want to change characters anyway, I think we'll just start a new crawl.

Hmm, yes, I think I'll be doing a homebrew thingy. Assuming everyone's okay with me being a primary caster again (not a summoner), I'll request this spellweaver (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9262850&postcount=196) monster class (an Int-based sorcerer with minor action economy abuse and fewer spells per day and known) and my factotum/artificer theurge (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273831) (that needs a bit of tweaking of invention prices/durability and craft reserve).

I'd focus on buffing/debuffing, likely. I'll certainly be using luminous armor for myself, so if anyone else wants to use it just be sure to be Good and pay me a small amount for the lesser restoration charges.

Well, first off, the Spellweaver monster class isn't, as far as I can tell, an INT-based caster. I'm pretty sure its casting is still CHA-based, but the disk's number of pages and the number of spells you can switch out for is INT-based. That said, it seems pretty much like a flat (and significant) power increase over a sorcerer, since many of the limits on its power are just caps at 6th level spells (which you don't even have yet), and I'm hesitant to allow it.

About the Inspired Inventor... it looks fine, I'm just having some trouble figuring some bits out. Do widgets, gadgets, whirligigs, and gizmos only work once before breaking? It seems implied, but I don't see it stated out anywhere.

Jeff the Green
2014-02-05, 05:37 PM
Can we tweak it? Maybe make it Int-based, drop its spells per day to a max of 4 per spell level, and limit its spell weaving to 1/day/2 HD? That makes it comparable to a wizard, trading spell versatility for class features?

The inventions were supposed to be one-shot. However, I "played" one in a campaign that crashed really quickly and in discussions with the DM and other players we decided they're too expensive and should be charged. Probably 10 uses and then 50 once they're durable. I need to actually work out prices based on scrolls and such, though.

Lateral
2014-02-05, 05:43 PM
Can we tweak it? Maybe make it Int-based, drop its spells per day to a max of 4 per spell level, and limit its spell weaving to 1/day/2 HD? That makes it comparable to a wizard, trading spell versatility for class features?
Sure, sounds good.

Jeff the Green
2014-02-06, 12:35 AM
Oh, ew, it gets SR. Maybe we could drop that or have that ritual that I gave Isaac in EtCR?

Also, I'm bored but have a busy stretch coming up so I think I'm gonna start building. What level do you think we'll start at?

Lateral
2014-02-06, 06:53 AM
Sure, I'm fine with that.

9th level. Don't want to force BelGareth and GuyFawkes to have to rebuild their characters.

BelGareth
2014-02-06, 04:26 PM
Hey guys!

I'm game for a new crawl and a 5th wheel, I mean a NEW companion!

Been on a semi-hiatus myself and had to recently drop 99% of my games, but would love to keep this one, always enjoyed this group.

I'm fine with remaking chars too...though I might stick with oberon, liked him a lot, I'll probably fiddle with a new character and then decide.

Other than 9th, what chargen rules do we have?
Also, still in Eberron?

Lateral
2014-02-06, 04:42 PM
Same as last time, and yes, still in Eberron. I'm still figuring it out, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to have you guys flung into space.

BelGareth
2014-02-06, 05:04 PM
Alrighty, well for your approval:

Thinking a Soulforge Warrior 9 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277085)/Warlock 9 using the feat 'Eldritch Forged Soul' (without the prereq of Eldritch Soul as I'm taking both classes on each side)

tl;dr

Eldritch Forged Soul allows me to invest anima into my eldritch blast like a melee weapon, basic idea is he uses his soulstuff to empower himself and blasts opponents with his ueber-eldritch glaive.

EDIT: also open to a good warlock fix, there are so many and I usually play the regular version, but considering the power level of other players it might be best to use a fixed version.

EDIT 2: What do you think about this? Elan Paragon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275013), its for PF, but could easily be for 3.5.

Idea is slowly evolving into an evolved Elan, who utilizes his soul to empower himself, so it would be something like: Soulforge warrior 9/Elan Paragon 2/Warlock 7

BelGareth
2014-02-06, 06:45 PM
I'm just going to roll a char cuz im bored and we'll see.

some dice:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Jeff the Green
2014-02-06, 07:45 PM
Okay, I've got the basic layout. I've got a couple more questions/requests. First, the arctic and magic blooded (spark) templates from Dr 306. Basically +2 Con -2 Wis and some cantrips as SLAs. I'm mostly trying to anti-optimize Wisdom here because the character is a mad scientist who desperately wants to return home to his wife and kids in Xoriat and enjoy the spiky sunsets and the purply sound of the waves lapping at the shore by his lake cottage.

Second, I'm grabbing a beguiler familiar (ShS). It has Weapon Finesse as a feat, which is made redundant by the familiar rules. Can I swap it out? (Paying for psychic reformation if necessary.) Can he have flaws? If so, how do you feel about Mourning Mutate (http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/featbox.pl?feat=Mourning_Mutate)?

Finally, I'll take any advice on where to go from here. I was thinking either Fleshwarper or War Weaver, but I haven't decided and I need to fet the prereqs sorted out.

BelGareth
2014-02-06, 08:20 PM
Finished

L'dhaitth-llathae (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=789623), Elan Paragon, and Aberrant prince.

I'll throw some fluff together, but he is basically a tank/melee fighter with some skills thrown in.

He'll have a god complex, and/or superiority complex. Like Ultron or Galactus.

Jeff the Green
2014-02-07, 06:19 AM
Cool, now we just need to have Derjuin play a mind flayer and the new guy a beholder.

Oh, and like I said, I'll be doing a decent amount of buffing, so if anyone has particular requests, shoot. And depending on how long we've known each other, I could have made some custom items, possibly including undead grafts if I decide to pick that up.

Also, another question for you, Lateral. The spell weaver can learn spells from any arcane list. I figured we should set some sane limits. The five full casters seem undoubtedly intended. Bard is likely as well. PrCs? What happens if a spell is on two lists at different levels?

BelGareth
2014-02-07, 12:29 PM
We do seem to manage the theme thing quite well....so yeah, Aberrations for all!

Spells needed:
Haste (assuming Lateral allows Eldritch glaive to benefit)
Enlarge person (increased reach)
Blur
+any melee buffs

Jeff the Green
2014-02-07, 08:02 PM
Haste and blur I can do. Enlarge person won't work because elans are aberrations. Consider a dorje of augmented expansion or a phylactery of change (the latter I can make for 5600 GP and 448 GP). Also check out this handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7081777).

BelGareth
2014-02-07, 08:04 PM
Haste and blur I can do. Enlarge person won't work because elans are aberrations. Consider a dorje of augmented expansion or a phylactery of change (the latter I can make for 5600 GP and 448 GP). Also check out this handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7081777).

Heh, didn't think about that, it's not a huge deal either, just a thought.

Derjuin
2014-02-07, 10:43 PM
I would /totally/ play a Mind Flayer, but their adjustment is like, totes huge :smallfrown:. 8 HD + 7 LA. Though I guess I could try a progression/monster class for it (if so I'd probably try to go with Ulitharid instead 'cause I like 'em better, though they're even worse at 12 HD + 9 LA).

It's too bad Mimics don't have LA, or I could play one'a' dose instead.

Lateral
2014-02-08, 12:17 AM
Alrighty, well for your approval:

Thinking a Soulforge Warrior 9 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277085)/Warlock 9 using the feat 'Eldritch Forged Soul' (without the prereq of Eldritch Soul as I'm taking both classes on each side)

EDIT: also open to a good warlock fix, there are so many and I usually play the regular version, but considering the power level of other players it might be best to use a fixed version.

EDIT 2: What do you think about this? Elan Paragon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275013), its for PF, but could easily be for 3.5.
Soulforge Warrior is fine. I don't know how the other PCs will end up, but you might want to find yourself a Warlock fix, yeah. Elan Paragon is fine, but I don't really get what you want it for- you don't have any psionic classes.

Okay, I've got the basic layout. I've got a couple more questions/requests. First, the arctic and magic blooded (spark) templates from Dr 306. Basically +2 Con -2 Wis and some cantrips as SLAs. I'm mostly trying to anti-optimize Wisdom here because the character is a mad scientist who desperately wants to return home to his wife and kids in Xoriat and enjoy the spiky sunsets and the purply sound of the waves lapping at the shore by his lake cottage.

Second, I'm grabbing a beguiler familiar (ShS). It has Weapon Finesse as a feat, which is made redundant by the familiar rules. Can I swap it out? (Paying for psychic reformation if necessary.) Can he have flaws? If so, how do you feel about Mourning Mutate (http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/featbox.pl?feat=Mourning_Mutate)?

Finally, I'll take any advice on where to go from here. I was thinking either Fleshwarper or War Weaver, but I haven't decided and I need to fet the prereqs sorted out.
Magic-Blooded is fine, Arctic is not. You can swap out Weapon Finesse for the familiar if you're willing to pay for psychic reformation; normally, I'd say no flaws on familiars, but throwing on Mourning Mutate is fine.

Finished

L'dhaitth-llathae (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=789623), Elan Paragon, and Aberrant prince.

I'll throw some fluff together, but he is basically a tank/melee fighter with some skills thrown in.

He'll have a god complex, and/or superiority complex. Like Ultron or Galactus.
Yeah, that character's probably going to need a damage boost, at the very least- compare that to the solid 40s-60s Oberon was dishing out to multiple targets.

Also, another question for you, Lateral. The spell weaver can learn spells from any arcane list. I figured we should set some sane limits. The five full casters seem undoubtedly intended. Bard is likely as well. PrCs? What happens if a spell is on two lists at different levels?
Wizard, Sorcerer, Wu Jen... who else are you thinking of? Beguiler/Dread Necromancer/Warmage? Bard is okay, but I think I'm stopping it there.

Spells needed:
Haste (assuming Lateral allows Eldritch glaive to benefit)
I do.

Consider a dorje of augmented expansion or a phylactery of change (the latter I can make for 5600 GP and 448 GP).
Phylactery of change is not allowed. Friends don't let friends use constant polymorphing spells.

I would /totally/ play a Mind Flayer, but their adjustment is like, totes huge :smallfrown:. 8 HD + 7 LA. Though I guess I could try a progression/monster class for it (if so I'd probably try to go with Ulitharid instead 'cause I like 'em better, though they're even worse at 12 HD + 9 LA).

It's too bad Mimics don't have LA, or I could play one'a' dose instead.
Ask and ye shall receive. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9464961&postcount=60) Alternatively, there's an illithid one, (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7947714&postcount=13) and you'd be able to sneak in a level of ulitharid, too. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9047316&postcount=1086) (By the way, that Mimic class is fully legal, but the Illithid and Ulitharid may need some adjustment.)

GuyFawkes
2014-02-08, 12:20 AM
I'm thinking of tweaking Ravana since I've found out (rather too early but still too late) the rakshasa part of his build doesn't really suit crawls. I'll still be keeping the sword mage side and look for something to complement that.

When are we restarting by the way?

Lateral
2014-02-08, 12:23 AM
I'm thinking of tweaking Ravana since I've found out (rather too early but still too late) the rakshasa part of his build doesn't really suit crawls. I'll still be keeping the sword mage side and look for something to complement that.

When are we restarting by the way?
Sounds good. It never seemed like you were using the spells it provided anyway, and it only occurred to me after the fact that being a rakshasa in Eberron has... backstory complications, to say the least.

We definitely can't restart until at least the 23rd, and I'll still need time to get everything set up, so probably some time around the end of the month.

Derjuin
2014-02-08, 12:32 AM
Ask and ye shall receive. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9464961&postcount=60) Alternatively, there's an illithid one, (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7947714&postcount=13) and you'd be able to sneak in a level of ulitharid, too. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9047316&postcount=1086) (By the way, that Mimic class is fully legal, but the Illithid and Ulitharid may need some adjustment.)

Humm. What do you think might need adjusted in the Illithid and Ulitharid ones? I don't really mind using tweaked versions, since ultimately I just want to play an illithid :smalltongue:.

Jeff the Green
2014-02-08, 12:33 AM
Magic-Blooded is fine, Arctic is not. You can swap out Weapon Finesse for the familiar if you're willing to pay for psychic reformation; normally, I'd say no flaws on familiars, but throwing on Mourning Mutate is fine.

Well, the reason I wanted flaws and Mourning Mutate is so he could have that and an aberrant feat or two; by itself MM/Aberrant Blood are underwhelming

Wizard, Sorcerer, Wu Jen... who else are you thinking of? Beguiler/Dread Necromancer/Warmage? Bard is okay, but I think I'm stopping it there.

Yeah, I meant Wizard/Sorcerer, Wu Jen, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, and Warmage (even though they each have a couple unique spells I counted Sorc/Wiz as one list). I just noticed DNs can get Cleric spells from Advanced Learning, but I'm going to guess that's probably too much. :smalltongue:

You never answered what happens when a spell is on two lists at different levels. (It was kind of stuck on the end of a series.)

Damn, I was about to post that. There's also the psionic illithid (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9159107&postcount=1357), which I prefer because it has actual psionics and not just SLAs, though it likely also needs adjustment. The Community Based Monster Classes (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192151) thread in general is worth bookmarking even if there are some wonky ones (I think someone tried to make Pandorym :smalleek:)

Might I recommend a rust monster? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9402966&postcount=534) In all seriousness, check out the monster classes in that link above. Haven't you ever wanted to play a gelatinous cube, inevitable, or tsochar? If Lateral's sending us to the moon, we might as well be alien.

Lateral
2014-02-08, 12:50 AM
Well, the reason I wanted flaws and Mourning Mutate is so he could have that and an aberrant feat or two; by itself MM/Aberrant Blood are underwhelming
...Actually, eh, what the hell. One flaw, plus weapon finesse. Nothing you'll get from that really compares with constant True Seeing, anyway.

Yeah, I meant Wizard/Sorcerer, Wu Jen, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, and Warmage (even though they each have a couple unique spells I counted Sorc/Wiz as one list). I just noticed DNs can get Cleric spells from Advanced Learning, but I'm going to guess that's probably too much. :smalltongue:
Sure, those five plus Bard.

You never answered what happens when a spell is on two lists at different levels. (It was kind of stuck on the end of a series.)
Mmm... Sor/Wiz takes precedence, otherwise whichever's lowest.

Damn, I was about to post that. There's also the psionic illithid (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9159107&postcount=1357), which I prefer because it has actual psionics and not just SLAs, though it likely also needs adjustment. The Community Based Monster Classes (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192151) thread in general is worth bookmarking even if there are some wonky ones (I think someone tried to make Pandorym :smalleek:)
That one actually has ulitharid built right in, but either way works for me. Derj, pick one, then I'll go through and tweak it.

Derjuin
2014-02-08, 01:10 AM
That one actually has ulitharid built right in, but either way works for me. Derj, pick one, then I'll go through and tweak it.

How about the Psionic illithid? I almost want to go some flavor of "unarmed Warblade" with it.

Jeff the Green
2014-02-08, 01:14 AM
...Actually, eh, what the hell. One flaw, plus weapon finesse. Nothing you'll get from that really compares with constant True Seeing, anyway.

Well, I mostly wanted to get Starspawn, but as that requires two feats (Mourning Mutate + one other Aberrant) I'll need to come up with something else.

Edit:
How much can I modify an enveloping pit (post creation)? I'd like to put in a ladder and shelves, specifically.

Lateral
2014-02-08, 02:31 AM
How about the Psionic illithid? I almost want to go some flavor of "unarmed Warblade" with it.
Psionic illithid is pretty much approved. I'm going to make Mind and Body only apply to self-targeting powers. (Mental Pinnacle will be the same way, with the addendum that non-self-targeting powers are still the normal action, but you can't use another action to cast another, non-self-targeting power unless you're using Quicken.) I also reserve the right to make any future changes, once I see your final build and compare it to the others'.

Well, I mostly wanted to get Starspawn, but as that requires two feats (Mourning Mutate + one other Aberrant) I'll need to come up with something else.
...Damn, that's actually really cool. And having your familiar be able to fly would be convenient... okay, the familiar can have the two flaws. Not like it actually matters much.

Edit:
How much can I modify an enveloping pit (post creation)? I'd like to put in a ladder and shelves, specifically.
Is there any reason you couldn't do that normally? Sure, put whatever you want in there.

Jeff the Green
2014-02-08, 03:03 AM
...Damn, that's actually really cool. And having your familiar be able to fly would be convenient... okay, the familiar can have the two flaws. Not like it actually matters much.

Drat drat drat. I just looked it up and it's a limit of 1+Con modifier rounds at a time. In other words, one round. :smallannoyed: I may just give it Shape Soulmeld and a couple instances of Animal Devotion and fluff them as mutations.

Is there any reason you couldn't do that normally? Sure, put whatever you want in there.

Just wasn't sure whether the EDS's walls could handle construction or not. A bag of holding would pop, for instance.

Edit: Oh, I forgot that I never posted a link to the sheet. Here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=787339) it is. I'm still working on items, and probably will be switching out Graft Flesh for something else. I'll be reopening the Inspired Inventor thread with an update soon. The only major changes are that inventions are cheaper and have more than one use and there are a couple statted gizmos, including mechas and power armor.

BelGareth
2014-02-08, 02:35 PM
Think I might stick with Oberon, I love the aberrant idea and theme, but I'll leave that to the brew I'm whipping up.

New idea for Oberon is to focus on his blastyness.

I want to take his levels of rogue and ranger and replace it with: War Wizard of Cormyr (http://dndtools.eu/classes/war-wizard-of-cormyr/)

but currently, I would only be able to take it at 8th, leaving me with only 1 level in it, would you be comfortable with letting me take it early in lieu of not gaining more spells/caster level/other casting etc?

Mostly looking for the class features, if not, I'll see what else I can think of.

Maybe 5 levels of scout, or something similar...

Lateral
2014-02-08, 02:53 PM
The class doesn't have anything especially gamebreaking. Sure, I'll reduce the requirements to Spellcraft 8 ranks and 3rd level spells.

BelGareth
2014-02-08, 05:29 PM
The class doesn't have anything especially gamebreaking. Sure, I'll reduce the requirements to Spellcraft 8 ranks and 3rd level spells.

Awesome.

More requests!

I really enjoyed describing my spells as aspects of nature, the magic missiles as leaves, and wind blasts, and so forth, thought I would embrace that element a little more.

Looking to fill the 1 level gap I have with the following:

1. Seelie fey (http://www.realmshelps.net/monsters/templates/seeliefey.shtml) - This doesn't have a LA, but CR+1, while that doesn't add up to the same, I would be willing to take it as a LA+1, so many of the abilities are redundant with the Pixie race. It's boring, but would add to the idea that he is an agent of the seelie court and answers to them.

2. Divine Minion (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050209a) of the Seelie court - This is rated at +1LA (at least Anhur's is), and would fall in line well with what I'm wanting, making Oberon more of an enforcer/agent of the Seelie court without actually being a member, and making him more dynamic. To make it more 'seelie', I was thinking something like a greenbound wolf (or even dog, as the greenbound template is high). Open to suggestions as to what kind of animal would be appropriate for the seelie courts. (a greenbound halfling ;)

(this is more for the survivability of oberon and cool factor of turning into something crazy)

3. Dark creature - This adds some more layers to Oberon, adding onto his already impressive hiding abilities etc, its boring, but a good option.

4. Other suggestions are welcome.
[/LIST]

Current build is as follows:

LA 4/ x 1/War wizard 4
Pixie Warmage 9

Lateral
2014-02-08, 05:35 PM
1. Seelie fey (http://www.realmshelps.net/monsters/templates/seeliefey.shtml) - This doesn't have a LA, but CR+1, while that doesn't add up to the same, I would be willing to take it as a LA+1, so many of the abilities are redundant with the Pixie race. It's boring, but would add to the idea that he is an agent of the seelie court and answers to them.
Sure, you can have that for LA +1, given that you're a Pixie anyway.

2. Divine Minion (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050209a) of the Seelie court - This is rated at +1LA (at least Anhur's is), and would fall in line well with what I'm wanting, making Oberon more of an enforcer/agent of the Seelie court without actually being a member, and making him more dynamic. To make it more 'seelie', I was thinking something like a greenbound wolf (or even dog, as the greenbound template is high). Open to suggestions as to what kind of animal would be appropriate for the seelie courts. (a greenbound halfling ;)
Hmm. Divine Minion is fine, but while I like the idea of adding greenbound to it, that template is really powerful. Greenbound dog should be okay, I think, with no SLAs.

BelGareth
2014-02-08, 05:47 PM
Sure, you can have that for LA +1, given that you're a Pixie anyway.

Hmm. Divine Minion is fine, but while I like the idea of adding greenbound to it, that template is really powerful. Greenbound dog should be okay, I think, with no SLAs.

Das is perfect, sans the SLA's (forgot about those) is fine with me, I gotsa ma spells anyway.

I'll fix up Oberon sometime this weekend then, thanks.

UDwarf
2014-02-08, 07:23 PM
Hi! I'm the new guy. I've been looking around and have gotten permission from Lateral to use ozodrin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153536) and xenoalchemist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205119) (ozodrin should be obvious and fits the aberrant theme, xenoalchemist is a grafter using Kellus's grafts). I'm also plan it on using VoP and a home fewer aberrant feat I've found and gotten permission for (which lets me take aberrant feats instead of exalted/vile feats and removes their alignment/code of conduct restriction ) to be able to play just my 2 class and maybe some Sower of Strangeness ( xeno/ozodrin multiclass orc which advances both grafting and form points/features, as well as allowing me to graft features onto people), while using these (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155474) aberrant feats to get access to ALL the casting systems. DM limited me to 1.5*ECL aberrant feats. Any suggestions for race or systems to get? Note that I already have the second level 1 feat needed to get full VoP benefits from a flaw (uneasy guise, reduces social interaction ability while in worldly guise). Also, what systems should I get access to fastest? I can do some healing from XA's combat medic feature. Of course, suggestions about anything else are also welcome.
Edit: I've never played 3.5 before. Will not be too good: any skill I have comes from far too much reading up on something I've never tried.

Jeff the Green
2014-02-08, 10:44 PM
Welcome aboard, matey!

Well, the unfortunate thing about VoP will be that I won't be able to make items for you. I can still give you an invention or two since they're no magical and not actually worth anything. One of the two classes gives you flight, yes? That'll be important if you don't have items to rely on.

Combat Healing isn't worth much in combat unless someone has regeneration (I don't think anyone does) or gets hit by an overwhelm spell (unlikely). That said, it'll save me significant wand charges, and having a high Heal bonus will help you resurrect us using the Incantations I made.

For systems, I recommend first soulmelds. They'll make up for your lack of items, and if you get Derjuin's mindflayer a renewable source of PP she can open your chakras for you. Between Derjuin, BelGareth, and me we've got plenty of casting and psionics.

UDwarf
2014-02-09, 08:33 AM
Ozodrin does give me flight, yes. I can shape wings. Xenoalch may also grant a relevant graft. There's also a relevant aberrant feat, as there seem to be for all movement modes. I could get a burrow speed. In a second feat, at 60ft and with earth glide. I was also considering playing as a Petal, but can't seem to get the full stats. However, what I can see suggests that it may be playable as a player rather than cohort-only, and has a -8 to strength but at least +4 to everything else, and a 60ft fly speed. Tiny, however. May not be worth it. Anyone have race suggestions?
Also, as I noticed only on rereading, the Xenoalchemist's Combat Medic heals at least 1 hp per class level, and with level 8 I can grant saving throws as well. The problem with magic items is that they cover valuable body space, so as an ozodrin I will find it hard to shape a tentacle on top of a breastplate. That would make things harder. It's also another advantage of VoP: I get armor-like bonuses without any armor. VoP is also giving me an exalted bonus to attacks which acts a lot like magic weapons- but if I'm reading it correctly, it stacks with the ozodrin's Unearthly Power.
EDIT: nope! :smallfrown:
The soulbinds may well be useful, but they aren't the easiest to use with those feats- the feats only help if I can already shape soulmelds, and that takes a non-aberrant feat. All the aberrant feats I take progress everything else I do, so I'm not sure if incarnum is the most helpful. However, I could do things like divine spellcasting (at lvl 9, up to 2nd-level spells, 3rd with wisdom) or psionics(based off both feats and level, level giving 16 pp and 3 powers with max level 3, feats [assuming 9, I may be getting more] giving 3 1st, 3 2nd, and 3 3rd level powers, and the next 3 feats giving 4th [then 3 5th, but that seems to be all unless I get permission to get more. 5th is max at our current level b/c of the DM's restriction] and 9*cha mod pp). Just about everything else is also covered in at least one of those aberrant feats and/or the ozodrin extra feats.

EDIT- Looks like a new thread will soon be necessary. Can someone make one? (Linear, for example?)

BelGareth
2014-02-09, 10:56 AM
I would suggest a gloura (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20031003e), it has 7RHD and LA+2, so it would take one whole side, but it is more 'aberranty' than a petal is.

Vop is easier to manage, but may not be better in this example as custom items rule the verse.

Might I suggest the vop (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140428) by drolyt?

And as for tentacles growing through a breastplate, that's not an issue, you can either poke through a gap, or grow on part of body that is not covered, purely fluff and has no impact on gameplay.

I would suggest you stay away from combat healing, it's a known bad method for combat, and notoriously boring for those playing it, unless it's core to your character concept, I would suggest sticking to single idea and becoming excellent at that.

Do you have an idea as to what you want to do besides being an ozodrin/xenoalchemist?

Edit: Jeff, a lesser meta magic rod of energy admixture is on my wish list.

Jeff the Green
2014-02-09, 11:20 AM
I'd strongly recommend against divine casting. You're going to be MAD (multipe-ability dependent) as it is, needing Strength, Dexterity, Constitution (for combat), Intelligence (for Xenalch), and Charisma (for Ozodrin). Plus, like I said, I've got casting covered. In addition to my native casting, I can spontaneously cast anything by spending a bit of XP or craft a scroll overnight.

For similar reasons, I'd avoid Petal. It is cohort-only, but that's an exception not-infrequently made. The -8 Strength is a problem though, being effectively -6 to -4 damage per hit and -4 attack without Weapon Finesse. Instead, consider some templated monstrosity like spark lolth-touched dragonborn goliath (buying off LA to be 3000 XP behind but catching up in a combat or two). That'd be +8 Strength, -4 Dexterity, +8 Constitution, -2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma. (That's all assuming you'd use the modified Lolth-touched approved by Lateral in the first iteration of this game, which has slightly lower Strength and Constitution bonuses.) Plus you could either have a breath weapon or wings and would be immune to fear.

You are still planning on being Good, right? 'Cause I'm grabbing luminous armor, which will give you the equivalent of a breastplate with no downsides other than glowing, but only if you're Good.

The benefit of soulmelds is that it gives you all the nifty things magic items can do that VoP can't, like miss chances and such. The cool thing about that aberrant feat, though, is that it qualifies for itself. Meaning that for ~75 XP and 450 GP you can buy a psychic reformation to get rid of the Shape Soulmeld that you used to qualify for it and not lose its benefits. :smallbiggrin:

Lateral
2014-02-09, 11:50 AM
Ozodrin does give me flight, yes. I can shape wings. Xenoalch may also grant a relevant graft. There's also a relevant aberrant feat, as there seem to be for all movement modes. I could get a burrow speed. In a second feat, at 60ft and with earth glide. I was also considering playing as a Petal, but can't seem to get the full stats. However, what I can see suggests that it may be playable as a player rather than cohort-only, and has a -8 to strength but at least +4 to everything else, and a 60ft fly speed. Tiny, however. May not be worth it. Anyone have race suggestions?
No petal.

EDIT- Looks like a new thread will soon be necessary. Can someone make one? (Linear, for example?)
HA. HA HA. HA.

Yes, I'll be making a new thread once we hit 50.

Vop is easier to manage, but may not be better in this example as custom items rule the verse.

Might I suggest the vop (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140428) by drolyt?

Already suggested it. He prefers normal VOP, because of the extra feats, and the other normal issues with it (no flight, forces you to be Ultra-Good) aren't really issues anymore.

I'd strongly recommend against divine casting. You're going to be MAD (multipe-ability dependent) as it is, needing Strength, Dexterity, Constitution (for combat), Intelligence (for Xenalch), and Charisma (for Ozodrin). Plus, like I said, I've got casting covered. In addition to my native casting, I can spontaneously cast anything by spending a bit of XP or craft a scroll overnight.
He's right, dude. You really need to pick a role and stick to it. Do you want to be a combat Xenoalchemist/Ozodrin or another castery kind of thing? The former requires decent scores in physical stats, INT, and CHA, while the latter would need really good INT, CHA, and possibly WIS if you want the Cultist-style feats (which I'd actually recommend against, seeing as you'd be getting only 3rd level spells from a crappy list.) You might be best off going combat-oriented- Ozodrin can get you the natural weapons for melee combat, Xenoalchemist has buffs, and those Aberrant feats can both give you extra versatility and power boosts.

...Well, actually, we're rolling stats, so you might as well roll and see what you get, first. Still, I'd stay stick to two primary stats, three if you get good roles, and decent numbers in a couple of others.

Instead, consider some templated monstrosity like spark lolth-touched dragonborn goliath (buying off LA to be 3000 XP behind but catching up in a combat or two). That'd be +8 Strength, -4 Dexterity, +8 Constitution, -2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma. (That's all assuming you'd use the modified Lolth-touched approved by Lateral in the first iteration of this game, which has slightly lower Strength and Constitution bonuses.) Plus you could either have a breath weapon or wings and would be immune to fear.
Really depends on what style you decide to end up going with, but I'd really prefer you find a real race with the bonuses you want rather than some kind of templated monstrosity. I'm not a huge fan of those. There are advanced monster classes like the one Derj is using, I'm sure one of those probably has what you're looking for.

The benefit of soulmelds is that it gives you all the nifty things magic items can do that VoP can't, like miss chances and such. The cool thing about that aberrant feat, though, is that it qualifies for itself. Meaning that for ~75 XP and 450 GP you can buy a psychic reformation to get rid of the Shape Soulmeld that you used to qualify for it and not lose its benefits. :smallbiggrin:
Eh, yeah, why the hell not.

GuyFawkes
2014-02-09, 12:12 PM
Okay, I think I'll let Ravana sit down on this one and make an entirely new character from scratch. Here's what I came up with:

Entropic Reaper (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=697.0)
War-Marked (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10556446)

The idea is a death reaper of some sort, focused on being in the front lines and, well, reaping the hell out of everyone and everything. To bring everything together, we could have the marks of the war marked be the souls he (it) reaped instead, and that's where he gets those powers. Could also be used as a device for leveling up (ie he must defeat a creature of the type the mark indicates so he can learn that ability).

Lateral
2014-02-09, 12:17 PM
Okay, I think I'll let Ravana sit down on this one and make an entirely new character from scratch. Here's what I came up with:

Entropic Reaper (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=697.0)
War-Marked (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=697.0)

Entropic Reaper is fine. Your second link just goes back to Entropic Reaper, not War-Marked.

GuyFawkes
2014-02-09, 12:26 PM
Damn stupid copy paste thingy. :smalltongue: Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10556446) it is. Also edited my other post.

Lateral
2014-02-09, 12:30 PM
Damn stupid copy paste thingy. :smalltongue: Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10556446) it is. Also edited my other post.
Ah. I'll read through it when I have some more time, but for now, given its creators, I'll allow it. On a probationary basis, of course.

Jeff the Green
2014-02-09, 01:04 PM
Okay, so I'll figure on an accuracy widget (+my Intelligence mod to attack for 1 minute, activated as a full-round action) for GuyFawkes (picks and hammers) and UDwarf (natural weapons). Also smokescreen and a couple traps.

Any more buff requests? Particularly low-level spells for me to put in wands; I can hold (eventually) 13 wands at a time, so I have a certain advantage there.

Lateral, can I UMD warforged components? I'm not going into fleshwarper, but I'm still basically Dr. Frankenstein from Cloudcuckooland. (My inventions are mostly glands and such, for instance, and my familiar has a couple of symbionts.)

Lateral
2014-02-09, 01:07 PM
Lateral, can I UMD warforged components? I'm not going into fleshwarper, but I'm still basically Dr. Frankenstein from Cloudcuckooland. (My inventions are mostly glands and such, for instance, and my familiar has a couple of symbionts.)

o_O

Sure, I guess?

BelGareth
2014-02-09, 01:20 PM
revamped Oberon (Titania) is finished.

Looking at the greenbound dog, it's not as uber powerful as you might have thought, shapeshift does not grant you the Ex abilities, which is where all the power comes from, still cool as hell though!

Favorite spell is an enlarged, widened, Fell drain energy substituted (sonic) fireball at CL 11.

UDwarf
2014-02-09, 01:26 PM
OK. If I have rolling syntax right:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
I'll choose based on results.
Edit: All right, those are terrible. How does point buy work? Note that while neither ozodrin nor xenoalchemist really need their"key ability", the psionic feat is cha-based, so I will be getting its ability anyway. Thus, I may as well try using it, and it's only three feats. Also, warmarked are powerful. Look over the class before accepting it.

Jeff the Green
2014-02-09, 01:44 PM
o_O

Sure, I guess?

Basicallythis (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273831), but replace fire with unnecessary surgeries, extraneous organs, and biomechanical monstrosities.

OK. If I have rolling syntax right:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
I'll choose based on results.
Edit: All right, those are terrible. How does point buy work? Also, warmarked are powerful. Look over the class before accepting it.

Like this (http://tools.digitalightbulb.com/pbcalc.html). Use the ower one, and select "other" to put in your own racial modifiers.

UDwarf
2014-02-09, 02:12 PM
So then may get base ability scores of 18, 4 12s, 8. The 18 in cha, of course. That is useful for psionics. The 8 in wis, which isn't that good. That would be supplemented by my ability score buffs, so I could probably get to at least a 26. 26 is a mod of +8, so 9 feats gives 72 pp from feats, which is enough to get a splash of psionics without any real price. (Besides 2 feats.) 12s may be enough to get reasonable scores to do stuff in melee, and if not I can supplement them with race or score increases. Note that xenoalchemist is able to use intelligence instead of strength with surgical precision. Still want a basic race ( LA +0-2) which gives int and cha bonuses, and combat abilities are always good. More interesting things aren't as needed. I think I'll be spending most of the aberrant fears on movement and/or other non-system abilities. I think there are enough of those. It's possible that I could go incarnum, and DCS'ing or retraining the Shape Soulmeld in some other way makes incarnum much more usable. I have been looking at incarnate warforged with some helpful template, and there must be a relevant LA+4 or less template with enough ability bonuses to helpful stuff. Any ideas for templates? Also, melee looks fun, with devour and surgical precision/thesis monster giving bonuses. Out of combat, I can give grafts, which will be helpful permanent bonuses. I think I can be melee simply by using knowledge skills and massive weapons to call far too much damage, but if needed I can get medicineer to give out buffs from my spikes. Opinions?
Edit: Of course, psionics will be helpful wherever I am.
Editedit: GAH it reposted instead of editing. Sorry about the double (or if this reposts triple) post. Is there a way to get rid of the previous post?

BelGareth
2014-02-09, 02:23 PM
Three things.

War marked is not as powerful as ozodrin.

You can delete post by editing it and then choosing delete message at the top.

Please format your posts, walls of texts are my weakness, :smallwink:

Jeff the Green
2014-02-09, 02:26 PM
The problem with relying on surgical precision is that it doesn't help with damage all that much, and as an Ozodrin your job is to whack, slash, and munch on things. It also eats up your swift actions.

Again, I wouldn't recommend delving into psionics all that much. Maybe some psywar buffs, but it's certainly not worth investing 18 Charisma in.

Incarnate warforged doesn't work. I mean, technically it does, but incarnate construct makes you lose most of your abilities and you'd have to apply the templates before incarnate construct. If you go warforged, grab lolth touched and (if Lateral will make the necessary exception) mineral warrior. Put one LA on each side and buy them off for 3000 xp. Put your scores 14 10 12 16 8 16 (after racial 20 10 20 14 6 14). We can boost Intelligence and Charisma as needed with spells and your VoP bonuses. Also consider picking up either mithril or adamantine body, particularly if you're not planning on being Good.

UDwarf
2014-02-09, 03:00 PM
Note charisma helps with ozodtin as well, so the psionics are a bonus. I bought that incarnate construct applied, removing racial boni, then you could apply templates. That meant that I wanted warforged mainly because it gave me access to perhaps-helpful templates.
I'm not sure where I want to put points, but I think ozodrin wants points more than xenoalch. Thus I may as well get the psionics. If I missed anything I'll edit it in.

Lateral
2014-02-09, 03:06 PM
revamped Oberon (Titania) is finished.

Looking at the greenbound dog, it's not as uber powerful as you might have thought, shapeshift does not grant you the Ex abilities, which is where all the power comes from, still cool as hell though!

Favorite spell is an enlarged, widened, Fell drain energy substituted (sonic) fireball at CL 11.
That link doesn't link to your sheet. It links to the URL 'Titania.'

So then may get base ability scores of 18, 4 12s, 8. The 18 in cha, of course. That is useful for psionics. The 8 in wis, which isn't that good. That would be supplemented by my ability score buffs, so I could probably get to at least a 26. 26 is a mod of +8, so 9 feats gives 72 pp from feats, which is enough to get a splash of psionics without any real price. (Besides 2 feats.)
Trust me, you don't want to use an 18 in the Point Buy. It's not really worth it unless you're almost completely single-attribute dependent, 16s should serve you perfectly well.

12s may be enough to get reasonable scores to do stuff in melee, and if not I can supplement them with race or score increases. Note that xenoalchemist is able to use intelligence instead of strength with surgical precision.
Surgical Precision is nice, but don't put all of your eggs in one basket.

Still want a basic race ( LA +0-2) which gives int and cha bonuses, and combat abilities are always good. More interesting things aren't as needed. I think I'll be spending most of the aberrant fears on movement and/or other non-system abilities. I think there are enough of those. It's possible that I could go incarnum, and DCS'ing or retraining the Shape Soulmeld in some other way makes incarnum much more usable.
Okay, but I'd advise you to consider the system Aberrant feats more. Scion of the Aberrant Mark can be quite powerful, in particular, since its buffs are long-term and since some of its abilities are actually quite potent. Incarnum is definitely also nice to make up for the lack of items. Derj really has primary psionics covered, but there's no reason you shouldn't also do it- there are some great buffs that can really help you in combat. You probably don't need to go all in with CHA just for those, though, since you're most likely to use personal or no-save powers.

I have been looking at incarnate warforged with some helpful template, and there must be a relevant LA+4 or less template with enough ability bonuses to helpful stuff. Any ideas for templates? Also, melee looks fun, with devour and surgical precision/thesis monster giving bonuses. Out of combat, I can give grafts, which will be helpful permanent bonuses. I think I can be melee simply by using knowledge skills and massive weapons to call far too much damage, but if needed I can get medicineer to give out buffs from my spikes. Opinions?
No incarnate warforged. I'd definitely advise you to go the natural weapons route- Ozodrin and psionics can both give you lots of those, you have plenty of ways to give them decent damage, and Xenoalchemist can give you pounce fairly easily.

If you go warforged, grab lolth touched and (if Lateral will make the necessary exception) mineral warrior. Put one LA on each side and buy them off for 3000 xp. Put your scores 14 10 12 16 8 16 (after racial 20 10 20 14 6 14). We can boost Intelligence and Charisma as needed with spells and your VoP bonuses. Also consider picking up either mithril or adamantine body, particularly if you're not planning on being Good.
Perfectly good options. Keep in mind, Scion of the Aberrant Mark can easily get him a floating +4 bonus either to any physical stat or to any mental stat.

UDwarf
2014-02-09, 03:25 PM
Perfectly good options. Keep in mind, Scion of the Aberrant Mark can easily get him a floating +4 bonus either to any physical stat or to any mental stat.

Where can I find Scion of the Aberrant Mark? The floating +4 to probably mental stats will be very helpful. Is it an aberrant feat?
Edit: Wow. Quotes are annoying on a phone. Really annoying.

Lateral
2014-02-09, 03:37 PM
Where can I find Scion of the Aberrant Mark? The floating +4 to probably mental stats will be very helpful. Is it an aberrant feat?
It's in the Aberration Blood Expanded thread, under Class Aberrant Feats. Basically, it gives you access to one Invocation per two aberrant feat (so, six for you) from this class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153863), and lets you get the next tier of invocation once you have three of the previous; that means that you'd get three least and three lesser invocations, and that you could get a greater invocation next level. The options available include most of the invocations from the Warlock and DFA, plus several new ones, including two Least invocations that give you 24-hour Bull's Strength/Cat's Grace/Bear's Endurance or Fox's Cunning/Owl's Insight/Eagle's Splendor, respectively. Your CL is only half your character level, so invocations like Elemental Orb aren't as powerful as they might be otherwise (although the status effects can still be useful), but most of the others should still be pretty effective. It'd give you a few buffs and some ranged options, mostly.

UDwarf
2014-02-09, 03:39 PM
It's the invocation using feat? Sure. What's the casting stat? Is there one?

Lateral
2014-02-09, 03:39 PM
Charisma.

BelGareth
2014-02-09, 03:45 PM
Damnit.

It'd the same sheet as the one listed in the op....

UDwarf
2014-02-09, 03:47 PM
Perfect! That looks great. If I can get ten feats I can get the other... I think I can. Yay! That looks good. Do I want psi as well? I can... May as well. I can even get starspawn and improved and tunnelspawn and improve that as well. Sure.

Derjuin
2014-02-09, 05:20 PM
Sorry all, was a little busy with work. Do we have an arcane caster? I was halfway considering PsiFlayer/Wizard, but I didn't want to rock any boats if we already have one. I tend to play battlefield control/utility with it instead of "i can do anything better than everyone".

If not, it's a tossup between Warblade and...somethin else.

Rollin dese stats:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

...oh hi, elite array :smallannoyed:

Jeff the Green
2014-02-09, 05:25 PM
I'm an arcane caster, but I have no objections to doubling up if you want to do BFC and utility. While I have a bit more versatility than a sorcerer, I'm far more limited than a wizard, so I can leave all those niche spells to you. I was planning on buff/debuff anyway, and while Oberon's a caster too he's more the blasty type, so I don't think anyone's stepping on toes.

Lateral
2014-02-09, 05:30 PM
So far, roles look like:

Jeff: Some kind of arcane caster/artificer hybrid with buffing powers and wonderful toys
BelGareth: Blast ALL the things
Derj: Some kind of Mind Flayer psionic beatstick
Guy: Some kind of undead scythe-wielding beatstick
UDwarf: Some kind of natural weapon magical beatstick

That gives you three beatsticks, artillery support, and a primary caster, with several people capable of taking on secondary roles. Anything you're missing?

Jeff the Green
2014-02-09, 06:07 PM
I also trap monkey and pseudoscout (mindsight and true seeing basically mean you need mundane stealth with Darkstalker to sneak up on me and my familiar). I can't sneak very well, though.

Oh, might as well roll to see if I can get better than my pointbuy:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

No, no I can't.

UDwarf
2014-02-09, 07:06 PM
WOW the RNG hates us. Can we all get one reroll please?
EDIT- Do I want to try maneuvers? If so, can I retrain away the Martial Study prereq? (I love everything being Cha-based.)

Jeff the Green
2014-02-09, 07:07 PM
That's what point buy is for. 32's enough for anything except maybe paladin or monk.

Derjuin
2014-02-09, 08:31 PM
Humm, with two other beatsticks, I think wizard might be better to go for. I'm working on the character now, though I'm not sure what I should take as far as psionic powers go on the Mindflayer side.

UDwarf
2014-02-09, 09:06 PM
As a melee fighter, do I want the maneuver feats eventually? Could I retrain away the Martial Study prerequisite? (Note that this is what my edit said, but it has fallen to the previous page.) Should I get least invocations as the two buff spells, then the magic missile-like one? If not, suggestions as to a third?
Also, is there any good place to get in "line" for an avatar? I feel silly having a boring avatar when you all have interesting ones. I'm not sure what I want, but that can be figured out later.
Also, we need a new thread. Will stop posting now. Unless someone says something to me. :smalltongue:
(Any replies to replies to this will be edited into this post. Look here for them. Takes up less space.)

Lateral
2014-02-09, 09:18 PM
You want an avatar? I can hook you up. I know a guy. I know several guys, actually. PM me.

New thread! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330293)