PDA

View Full Version : New Campaign, New Character Problems [PF]

Tokuhara
2012-09-03, 02:47 PM
Hey Everybody! Toku's Back.

I recently made amends with my former group and are set to rejoin in a few weeks. Due to my schedule, they are meeting weekly whereas I am meeting when my schedule and money allows me to. They have already started at level 1 and I will be hopping in at level 5.

To set up the coming question, here's the party:

a homebrew stealth class
an Aasimar Paladin
a Centaur Bard
a rogue
a ninja

so the group is mostly stealth-based with no Tier 1 classes.

In the playground's humble opinion, what should I play where I can have fun, but not outshine the classes.

Anything on PFSRD is allowed, as long as I can link it to the GM.

Thanks in advance guys/gals/eldritch abominations!

docnessuno
2012-09-03, 02:57 PM
I'd go with one of those:
Dual-Cursed Oracle
Summoner (or Master summoner)
Alchemist (possibly Chirurgeon or Preservationist)
Focusing the chosen build on buffing/debuffing/battlefield control.

Tokuhara
2012-09-03, 03:00 PM
I'd go with one of those:
Dual-Cursed Oracle
Summoner (or Master summoner)
Alchemist (possibly Chirurgeon or Preservationist)
Focusing the chosen build on buffing/debuffing/battlefield control.

I forgot to add one major thing:

My group tends to favor big solo fights against far higher level enemies (Our last campaign had 6 level 3's taking on a CR 15 Frost Giant)

docnessuno
2012-09-03, 04:02 PM
I forgot to add one major thing:

My group tends to favor big solo fights against far higher level enemies (Our last campaign had 6 level 3's taking on a CR 15 Frost Giant)

Well, in this case the usefulness of a buffer/debuffer is magnified. When you know you are going to fight that big bad guy for the next couple rounds, every little debuff helps, an action denial becomes pure gold.

I'd go for Dual-Cursed Oracle.

Tokuhara
2012-09-03, 04:20 PM
Well, in this case the usefulness of a buffer/debuffer is magnified. When you know you are going to fight that big bad guy for the next couple rounds, every little debuff helps, an action denial becomes pure gold.

I'd go for Dual-Cursed Oracle.

So a Dual-Cursed Oracle. Would going Words of Power, a system that favors Spontaneous Casters, be a good decision in this case, since through the Oracle's Mystery, I can obtain some of the non-WoP Debuffs?