PDA

View Full Version : Warbeast Chickens, the new commoner weapon!

Fouredged Sword
2012-09-03, 06:41 PM
Ok, I heard this mentioned in another thread and I just had to come out and post it for posterity.

Warbeast Chickens. I want them in my game, but how to put it in.

I'm thinking a Zelda esk attack if the players do something stupid. Please though, what would you do with this in your game?

Mithril Leaf
2012-09-03, 06:48 PM
Warbeast can only be applied to animals of medium size or greater.

Tvtyrant
2012-09-03, 06:50 PM
Titanic template Warbeast chicken?

RunicLGB
2012-09-03, 06:52 PM

Fine, give them the Titanic template first, then Warbeast them.

If that would be too big, Dungeon breed them too.

Edit: Ninja'd :smallbiggrin:

Metahuman1
2012-09-03, 06:55 PM
Chicken is what, Tiny?

Find a Template that raises Size Category. Apply it twice. Apply Warbeast. For grins and giggles, apply Spell Warped template and some construct Grafts.

Then, just wait for something that you KNOW is point blank stuiped, and unleash the hoard!!!!!!!!!!

:smallamused:

RunicLGB
2012-09-03, 07:05 PM
Find a Template that raises Size Category. Apply it twice. Apply Warbeast. For grins and giggles, apply Spell Warped template and some construct Grafts.

Titanic is one template that raises size to Gargantuan, and thats what we were saying. is there a template that raises by only 1 or 2 categories?

With Dungeonbred you can reduce its size by one category to Huge. I don't think you can apply the same template multiple times to one monster but if you can you could just dungeon breed it a few more times to shrink it down some more.

In fact, you could war beast it at any point in there and (if multy same template is allowed) shrink it with more dungeo bred again afterwards to get it back down to tiny.

Mithril Leaf
2012-09-03, 07:20 PM
Titanic is one template that raises size to Gargantuan, and thats what we were saying. is there a template that raises by only 1 or 2 categories?

With Dungeonbred you can reduce its size by one category to Huge. I don't think you can apply the same template multiple times to one monster but if you can you could just dungeon breed it a few more times to shrink it down some more.

In fact, you could war beast it at any point in there and (if multy same template is allowed) shrink it with more dungeo bred again afterwards to get it back down to tiny.

Warbeast is applied, dungeon bred is inherent. Most you can size him down to is medium.

metabolicjosh
2012-09-03, 07:46 PM
I can see it now here comes the horse on his trusty chicken steed

Uhtred
2012-09-03, 09:54 PM
Maybe homebrew a Dire Chicken? Use the Dire Vulture from Sandstorm as a starting point and tailor it to be a chicken, then apply Warbeast?

panaikhan
2012-09-04, 07:26 AM
Zelda-esque attack...

Spell: Chicken Storm
Level: (3rd?)
Range: Long (100ft + 10ft/level)
Area: One creature
Components: S,M (Special - caster must have the Chicken-Infested flaw)
Duration: 1 round/level
Effect: The target is mobbed by hundreds of irate chickens. Each round of the spell's duration, the target must make a Reflex save (DC 13+int modifier) or take 1D6 points of slashing and pirecing damage from multiple claw and beak attacks. The target can do nothing but dodge chickens for the duration of the spell, and the target's vision is reduced to five feet.

Agent 451
2012-09-04, 11:04 AM
Maybe homebrew a Dire Chicken?

I'm having awful flashbacks of the the chicken that was not a chicken (http://news.ansible.co.uk/a233supp.html). I think I'll have to go brain bleach the stupidity of those paragraphs from my head. :smallmad:

Uhtred
2012-09-04, 05:02 PM
Adamantine chicken, Vorpal beak, fiendish template.

Hand_of_Vecna
2012-09-04, 05:23 PM
Zelda-esque attack...

Effect: The target is mobbed by hundreds of irate chickens. Each round of the spell's duration, the target must make a Reflex save (DC 13+int modifier) or take 1D6 points of slashing and pirecing damage from multiple claw and beak attacks. The target can do nothing but dodge chickens for the duration of the spell, and the target's vision is reduced to five feet.

No save?

I know it's meant to be comedic but that's seriously overpowered at any spell level. You basically just wrote Irresistible Dance with no SR and a longer duration as a low level spell.

I'd suggest level 2, no save, no SR, concentration check to cast, and the option to give up your standard action each round to make a save to avoid damage.

Jack_Simth
2012-09-04, 05:32 PM
Zelda-esque attack...

Umm. That blows the water out of most spells.

The Great Wyrm Dragon is now stuck doing nothing for five rounds. Even if he passes every save, the Fighter can now wale on him as much as he wants.

Perhaps an additional option for Summon Swarm, just the chickens, dealing standard swarm damage, but... this... no.

Cieyrin
2012-09-04, 07:02 PM

I don't think anyone is gonna quibble that much about Warbeast Chickens not being big enough for the template, honestly, except for people who don't like Cuccos and those people have no sense of humor. :smallbiggrin: I'd say keep it simple and apply the template anyways and don't worry about it. Alternatively, you could use Tome of Horror's Dire template (http://www.necromancergames.com/pdf/ToHDire.pdf) on an Eagle and you'd have effectively Dire Chickens.

panaikhan
2012-09-05, 07:20 AM
Yeah, maybe the spell was a little rough as it was meant as a mechanic to teach PC's not to be stupid, not allow them to wail BBEG's. Level was only guessed at (hense the brackets and question mark)

Revised...

Level: Ritual
Casting Time: 1 hour
Range: Anywhere within the confines of the Caster's home city or village.
Components: S,M (Special - Caster must be a Commoner with the Chicken-Infested flaw)
Duration: 1 round/target's ECL
Effect: By calling upon the Chicken-God of Vengeful Justice, the Caster curses the target to be mobbed by hundreds of irate chickens. Each round of the spell's duration, the target must either use a standard action to avoid the chickens, or take 1D6 points of slashing and piercing damage.the target's vision is reduced to five feet.

Eldan
2012-09-05, 11:26 AM
How about another paragraph first.

You place a single chicken in front of the enemy. It stays there. Every round, the enemy has to make a will save or feel a powerful compulsion to attack the chicken. If he does, the rest of the spell takes effect.

Urpriest
2012-09-05, 01:26 PM
Warbeast is applied, dungeon bred is inherent. Most you can size him down to is medium.

Nope! Warbeast is inherited. Read the fluff.

Merellis
2012-09-05, 03:22 PM
Now find a way to combine that with Chicken Infested. :smallbiggrin:

Thalnawr
2012-09-05, 05:12 PM
El Pollo Diablo (http://miwiki.net/El_Pollo_Diablo)?