PDA

View Full Version : Ordained Champion Paladin Soveriegn Speaker Character HElp

Snowbluff
2012-09-03, 06:42 PM
So like... Human Cleric 4/Ordained Champ/PrestigePaladin1/Sovereign Speaker9. The goal is to make an awesome Paladin type melee character. Generally, be good at killing demons and undead.

Here is what I have for feats/domains so far. I'd like help sorting out the domains, since I have like 9 of them to take, and I would like to get the devotion feats from them, if available.

Flaw1:
Flaw2:
Human:
War Domain: Weapon Focus (Red Knight's weapon. IDR)
Planning Domain: Extend Spell (Best goddess. Ever)
1:
3:
6: Mounted Combat
9: Battle Blessing (Swift action most my Pally spells. Would be nice
12:
15:
18:

God # and options for domains (can't have any god's domains used more than once)
1) artifice creation fire good metal warforged
2) feast good healing luck pride
3) charm commerce pact trade travel wealth
4) chaos competition good liberation strength war
5) glory good law sun war
6) air animal celerity earth retribution
7) force knowledge law magic mind oracle spell ( Knowledge Devotion?)
8) community family good law protection
9) creation good life plant weather

Backstory thus far:

Her name is Aquila, and she's a scorpio. She has beautifal blond hair with black streaks and two eyes. One of them blue and one green. Before she joined the Soverain Pantheon thingy, she was a member of the Red Knight's church (Who is the most moe~ goddess of war evar). Aquila was the best paladin for the Red Knight, and soon was favored by all of the gawds. As she grew in power, so did her trusty (Mount, if I take the second Paladin level).

prufock
2012-09-04, 07:23 AM
Technically Ordained Champion requires that you worship Hextor or Heironious, while Sovereign Speaker requires that you worship the Host, so the two aren't compatible. Your DM may waive that requirement though.

I'm not really seeing what one level of paladin is adding to this build. At paladin 1 you don't have any spells for that class, so unless you're planning to wand it up or progress paladin spellcasting with the PrC, Battle Blessing wouldn't seem to do much. Maybe I've missed some detail of the build.

Snowbluff
2012-09-04, 07:38 AM
Technically Ordained Champion requires that you worship Hextor or Heironious, while Sovereign Speaker requires that you worship the Host, so the two aren't compatible. Your DM may waive that requirement though.

Ordained Champion can be adapted to other religions, so that's cake. Sovereign Speaker's religion is non-exclusive, so that really isn't a problem either.

I'm not really seeing what one level of paladin is adding to this build. At paladin 1 you don't have any spells for that class, so unless you're planning to wand it up or progress paladin spellcasting with the PrC, Battle Blessing wouldn't seem to do much. Maybe I've missed some detail of the build.

That's supposed to be Prestige Paladin, from UA. :smallredface:
Thanks for pointing out the error.

Garwain
2012-09-04, 08:09 AM
Why would Prestige Paladin grant you Paladin spells? You'd think that's obvioud, but I don't see where....

Snowbluff
2012-09-04, 09:22 AM
Why would Prestige Paladin grant you Paladin spells? You'd think that's obvioud, but I don't see where....

There is a sidebar. Unearthed Arcana page 71. It's a variant (That is what these sidebars are, right?), but it's fine.

prufock
2012-09-05, 08:23 AM
God # and options for domains (can't have any god's domains used more than once)
1) artifice creation fire good metal warforged
2) feast good healing luck pride
3) charm commerce pact trade travel wealth
4) chaos competition good liberation strength war
5) glory good law sun war
6) air animal celerity earth retribution
7) force knowledge law magic mind oracle spell ( Knowledge Devotion?)
8) community family good law protection
9) creation good life plant weather

Suggested Domains
1. creation domain
2. luck domain
3. travel domain or Travel Devotion (I personally like the domain)
4. strength domain
5. glory domain
6. celerity domain
7. Knowledge Devotion or magic domain
8. law domain (Law Devotion)
9. plant

Ordained Champion will give you War, plus your two starting domains.

Snowbluff
2012-09-05, 09:18 AM
Suggested Domains
1. creation domain
2. luck domain
3. travel domain or Travel Devotion (I personally like the domain)
4. strength domain
5. glory domain
6. celerity domain
7. Knowledge Devotion or magic domain
8. law domain (Law Devotion)
9. plant

Ordained Champion will give you War, plus your two starting domains.

Thanks for weighing in! :smallsmile:

I a actually taking War to qualify for Ordained.

Though

prufock
2012-09-10, 08:25 AM
Thanks for weighing in! :smallsmile:

I a actually taking War to qualify for Ordained.

Though

No problem. Right on, I may have gotten Ordained Champ mixed up.

I actually made a character a while back on the concept of getting as many cleric domains as I possibly could. I ended up with 11 domains from class abilities, from a pretty good list. I did two versions, one with Sov Speaker and one without, and ended up with the same number of domains either way (though different domain lists). Add in Spontaneous Domains feat and you don't even have to choose which domain spells to prepare! This is pre-epic, when you can take the Bonus Domain feat. For more domain powers, but not the domain itself, there's Planar Touchstone: Catalogues of Enlightenment.

It was a fun little build (never played), though not optimal I'm sure, and doubtless someone out there can come up with ways to get more than 11 domains (I was strict with the requirements for PrC's).

Snowbluff
2012-09-10, 09:09 AM
No problem. Right on, I may have gotten Ordained Champ mixed up.

I actually made a character a while back on the concept of getting as many cleric domains as I possibly could. I ended up with 11 domains from class abilities, from a pretty good list. I did two versions, one with Sov Speaker and one without, and ended up with the same number of domains either way (though different domain lists). Add in Spontaneous Domains feat and you don't even have to choose which domain spells to prepare! This is pre-epic, when you can take the Bonus Domain feat. For more domain powers, but not the domain itself, there's Planar Touchstone: Catalogues of Enlightenment.

It was a fun little build (never played), though not optimal I'm sure, and doubtless someone out there can come up with ways to get more than 11 domains (I was strict with the requirements for PrC's).

Cool! You might want to try UA's spontaneous divine caster variant. YOu automatically have all of your domain spells known, in addition to the spell you choose for your regular spell.

Right now my build is Cleric4/Ordained3/PPaladin 1. I might go Cloistered, since it would not hurt me at all at this point. The extra skills would be boss and I would get my Knowledge Devotion early.

Unseelie Fae Human
Human: Faerie Mysteries Initiate. (I have a 16 in int, and lost con to unseelie so win/win)

1:Persist Spell
2: DMM Persist
6: Mounted Combat
F1:Power Attack
F2: Battle Blessing
War: Weapon Focus (Longsword)
Planning: Extend Spell.
Otyugh Hole: Iron Will

At 9 I am planning of picking up Lady's Gambit, and at 12 I might get Holy mount, if I take Paladin 2 for Cha to saves and the mount.

Flaws: Pride of Arms (-4 Attack with simple/natural/exotic weapons)
Code of Arms (-4 attack versus unarmed enemies, unless they attack me)

Notable tems thus far:
2 Nightsticks
1 Rod of Extend, lesser
1 Longsword, with Wand Chamber
1 Dagger
1 Buckler
1 Wand of CLW
1 Wand of Knight's Move (In wand Camber)
1 Wand of Guidance of the Avatar

20 (Divine Power) Str + Holy Weapon + Weapon Focus + 8 BaB (Divine Power)= 19 attack, 1d8+10 damage(+2d6 versus evil). Can be 2 handed and has power attack for more damage.

I have Greater Luminous Armor and a Buckler (Both with Magic Vestments, tahnks to a DM ruling). I might dip Battle Dancer for Cha to AC.