PDA

View Full Version : The Colonization of Terenuri (OOC) - Part 2



Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Meltheim
2012-09-03, 07:55 PM
Welcome to part 2 of the OOC thread.

Here is the party:



TABLE=head]Player|Origin|Role|Character|Race/Class|Speech Color
Shular|Anduri|Defender|Throk (https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0ffCAiFMC0OSmxaV3E4eFpGVkU)|Half-Orc Fighter|Dark Red
Dimers|Anduri|Controller|Roman (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=356783)|Eladrin Wizard (Invoker)|MediumTurquoise
Tegu8788|Anduri|Utility|Hallowhiem (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=356399)|Human Paladin/Warlock (Bard)|SeaGreen
Ravian|Anduri|Leader|Rilingfall Stardawn (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=356370)|Eladrin Warlord|RoyalBlue
Hircine|Terenuri|Striker|Lo-Kag (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=448068)|Goliath Monk|Green

[/table]


IC thread can be found here: IC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228083)
Part 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228079) can be found here.

Combat Map/Region Info can be found here: Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiQVkOA2NPRAdDQ4bWc4VnF6Q2pVbVpnQXdBdTRlY nc#gid=0)

Calendar for the world can be found here: Calendar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15208977&postcount=569)

Timeline of Events:
Timeline pre-campaign:

The current era is Andur's Reign or AR


18 Fireseek 482 AR: First expedition sets out from Andurport in search of continents to the West. Ships include Aurin's Gift, Starlight Wanderer, Pelor's Blessing and The Basilisk. Hallowhiem Brahm is among the passengers

26 Coldeven 482 AR: Storms destroy Starlight Wanderer and Pelor's Blessing

26 Wealsun 482 AR: First sighting of continent of Oauhm

28 Wealsun 482 AR: Landfall at Oauhm; Colony of Terenuri established

Richfest 482 AR: Terenuri people encounter Elves of the Amethyst Tower and share in Richfest feast with them

13 Reaping 482 AR: The Basilisk disappears in the night, along with two dozen sailors, soldiers and scholars.

15 Coldeven 482 AR: The colony is first attacked by green-clad Elves, different from those of the Amethyst Tower.

Brewfest 482 AR: Treaty signed between the Colony of Terenuri and the Amethyst Tower, providing lands and support to the colonists as a surety against Emerald Grove aggressions. Colonists have first taste of Elven Wine.

14 Ready’reat 482 AR: Aurin's Gift disembarks, using portals to shorten the return trip to Andurport.

Needfest 483 AR: Aurin's Gift arrives safely in Andurport at the height of Needfest, relying on the light of Sehanine’s moon to guide them to the docks.


Campaign begins:


28 Readying 483 AR: Aurin's Gift, Mother’s Star and Hidden Moon disembark from Andurport. Roman Elanai, Rilingfall Stardawn and Throk Nolastname are among the passengers.
2 Coldeven 483 AR: Aurin's Gift, Mother’s Star and Hidden Moon arrive at the Colony of Terenuri. Mother’s Star is sheared in half by the collapse of the portal. Dozens of passengers are presumed dead or missing.
3 Coldeven 483 AR: The party is joined by Moloch Tetrax to investigate the village up the coast; Feast with Amethyst Lady; assassination attempt on life of Amethyst Lady by Emerald Grove
4 Coldeven 483 AR: The party is joined by Ja’qar, Son of Nue and departs for the Amethyst Tower
11 Coldeven 483 AR: The party arrives at the entrance to the Fey Crossing which leads to the Amethyst Tower; feast with Amethyst Lady and her people for an indeterminate amount of time.
???? 483 AR: Gnomes from the Conagree come to the Amethyst Tower, asking for assistance with a problem in Traps.
??? 483 AR: Party departs Amethyst Tower via Fey Crossing; arrives at Conagree
6 Flocktime 483 AR: Party departs Conagree for Traps
7 Flocktime 483 AR: Party explores first level of Traps, meets Lo-Kag Rockhide, gnomes rescued; departure of Rilingfall Stardawn
8 Flocktime 483 AR: Party explores second level of Traps, ensnared by mind-flayer hallucinations.
9 Flocktime 483 AR: Rilingfall and gnomes return to Conagree
10 Flocktime 483 AR: Rilingfall departs Conagree for Amethyst Tower
13 Flocktime 483 AR: Rilingfall arrives at Amethyst Tower
14 Flocktime 483 AR: Rilingfall departs Amethyst Tower via Fey Crossing; arrives at Terenuri
18 Flocktime 483 AR: Rilingfall departs Terenuri, heading southwest down the coast in search of The Basilisk and its crew.
25 Flocktime 483 AR: Party recovers from mind-flayer attack, gnomes rescued, battle with Carrion Crawler and Kruthiks; death of Ja’qar.
26 Flocktime 483 AR: Party leaves Traps and heads back to Conagree
27 Flocktime 483 AR: Party departs Conagree via Fey Crossings; arrives at Terenuri.

Tegu8788
2012-09-03, 08:09 PM
Congrats? Is this a milestone for PbP games?

Meltheim
2012-09-03, 09:32 PM
I've been in one game that got to page 2 on the IC side, but it died about 3 weeks later. We chatter too much for it to be a huge win on the OOC side. I think I am responsible for half the posts in that last thread :smallbiggrin:

edit: The real issue I have is that my imgur site is running out of room. It can only hold 200 images before I have to start paying for it

Dimers
2012-09-04, 04:12 AM
I wouldn't be averse to chipping in. Lord knows I benefit from your artwork!

EDIT: Your signature still links to the original OOC thread.

EDIT EDIT:
Congrats? Is this a milestone for PbP games?

Yeah, do we each get an extra action point now? :smallwink:

Shular
2012-09-04, 07:07 AM
Yeah, do we each get an extra action point now? :smallwink:

Yes, but only for the forums. So you get a free edit of an existing post, or you may post twice in a row.

Shular
2012-09-04, 07:08 AM
I'll save mine for a special occasion.

Wait a minute...

Doh!

Dimers
2012-09-04, 10:44 AM
I'll save mine for a special occasion.

Wait a minute...

Doh!

*snerk* :smallamused: Clearly this is an unoptimized Post-agon Path.

Meltheim
2012-09-04, 02:29 PM
Alright, map updated with your view of the new room. Anyone who wants to enter the room should roll me a D20.

Tegu8788
2012-09-04, 02:40 PM
Hal will be the last, he has to get his shield out of the current door before he can go through the next one.

Dimers
2012-09-04, 05:00 PM
Note to self:

Suggest leaving food and drink in Hanging Room, then spiking door shut.

Meltheim
2012-09-04, 05:21 PM
What are you all doing with the gnome?

Tegu8788
2012-09-04, 05:33 PM
I second Dimers self notation.

Dimers
2012-09-04, 06:40 PM
The motion carries. Uh, assuming we can find a wedge or spike or something.

Meltheim
2012-09-04, 06:53 PM
Anyone have a climber's kit?

Shular
2012-09-05, 01:31 AM
Throk does, but he may need the pitons for, I dunno, climbing? :smallbiggrin:

Dimers
2012-09-05, 03:55 AM
Ja'qar's sheet lists a climber's kit too.

Meltheim
2012-09-05, 12:41 PM
If you use the piton from your kit the kit will reduce the benefit to +1 only

Dimers
2012-09-06, 12:49 PM
When Roman has seen the gnomes long enough to make a guess, I'd like an Insight roll to "sense outside influence" (DC 25 + the level of the effect). Do they want to murderize because they're mind flayer thralls, or just because we're in Traps without being gnomes ourselves?

Meltheim
2012-09-06, 01:06 PM
roll insight for Roman: [roll0]

edit: Alright! You definitely sense an outside influence - they appear to be enthralled.

Tegu8788
2012-09-06, 04:24 PM
So, here are some rolls. I've moved Hal and Jirus to where I want them to be.

Hal under the doorway: [roll0]
Jirus under the doorway: [roll1]
Heal to give a saving throw: [roll2]
Arcana to determine if enthrallment can be broken: [roll3]
Diplomacy to confuse the gnomes if enthrallment can't be broken: [roll4]
Diplomacy to help the gnomes break enthrallment if it can be broken: [roll5]

Oy, those rolls aren't very good. Drat. I suspect that Hal is going to be feeling the full weight of his armor for a bit.

Meltheim
2012-09-06, 04:46 PM
Hal and Jirus are both taking ongoing 5 damage (save ends). Don't make your first save until your first turn of combat, however.

Tegu8788
2012-09-06, 04:59 PM
Oh kark. I do believe there will be some Virtuous Striking for a few rounds.

Dimers
2012-09-06, 09:42 PM
Oy, those rolls aren't very good. Drat. I suspect that Hal is going to be feeling the full weight of his armor for a bit.

Wow. What have you done to anger the dice gods? Six rolls and your best was a 13.

Well ... maybe you got all the bad ones out of the way, and it'll be Crit City during combat. :smallbiggrin:

Tegu8788
2012-09-06, 09:58 PM
I entertain the dice gods. I crit when the roll doesn't matter, or like in one of my other games, they get reconned away. My grasp on large number theory doesn't stop me getting quite peeved at things. Nor does my knowledge of how "random" computers actually are.

Dimers
2012-09-06, 09:58 PM
*looks back at IC Page 16*

Hmm. They have 'glimmering eyes'. Darn. I was hoping the glowy eyes was a visual signal of enthrallment.

Man, I really should have taken that skill power that lets you count creatures inside a certain radius. After Traps, Roman might be paranoid enough to require retraining. Probably not, but ... there was that "tell me about your character's family" thing a while back ... who knows what could be in store for us? Never trust a smiling GM. :smallwink:

Meltheim
2012-09-07, 01:45 AM
RE: the eyes - they all glow (all of these gnomes have glowing eyes) but these particular gnomes have the cool spiral effects like in a cartoon.

Here they are in (slightly) larger format for you.

http://i.imgur.com/HpLnR.png

http://i.imgur.com/VZv9B.png

http://i.imgur.com/KIwym.png


OH, and I just talked to Arillius - he's got some RL stuff taking up his time right now and he said he hopes to be back on Monday. I will put Ja'qar at the bottom of the initiative and hopefully he will be back by the time his turn comes around. If not, I'll just take his turn for him.

Also, I will be completely out of touch on Saturday because it's my daughter's 2nd birthday and we're throwing a huge party for her. I mean, how could you resist this kid?

http://i.imgur.com/e8j8R.jpg

Dimers
2012-09-07, 04:44 AM
D'awwww! :smallbiggrin: :smallredface:

Tegu8788
2012-09-07, 05:36 AM
Not I. Go have fun.

Meltheim
2012-09-07, 11:01 AM
I need updated stats for Rilingfall.

Meltheim
2012-09-07, 11:23 AM
Alright, Throk and Rilingfall have first go.

PC Group 1 - Throk, Rilingfall

Enemy Group 1 - Tainted Guard 1, Tainted Guard 2, Tainted Stonewalker 1

PC Group 2 - Hal/Jirus, Roman, Ja'qar

Enemy Group 2 - Tainted Rockcaller 1, Tainted Rockcaller 2

Shular
2012-09-07, 01:13 PM
Darn, first chance to see what my chain can do, and I roll a 5.

Tegu8788
2012-09-07, 05:14 PM
Hey, they are very different weapons, and while I'm good with a sword and respectable with a rope, I'd be completely inept at fighting with a whip IRL. Trap detection and limb removal are two very different things. I do look forward to Kratos esk fighting coming from Throk soon.

While there hasn't been much characterization, it's because that's how Throk is, and I'm enjoying what I'm seeing.

Shular
2012-09-08, 01:25 AM
Hmm, if they're not moving, would they not grant combat advantage (being dominated also grants combat advantage)? That would make my attack a 20, and a hit.

Meltheim
2012-09-08, 01:38 AM
Hmmmm, I didn't think of them as dominated but that works for me!

Just realize that they have their full set of actions, unlike a normally dominated PC would.

Shular
2012-09-08, 02:42 AM
Hmmmm, I didn't think of them as dominated but that works for me!

Just realize that they have their full set of actions, unlike a normally dominated PC would.

Sure. You can even rule that, once they start moving the no longer grant CA. I'm guessing they're "programmed" to react when someone enters the room. I can imagine the problem that would have occured had we chosen to go in past the acid trap.

Does this mean I hit?

Meltheim
2012-09-08, 09:08 AM
Yes, you've hit.

edit: And Rilingfall just gave Throk a free MBA on the guard again.

Shular
2012-09-08, 12:50 PM
Does Throk get any bonuses to the attack?

Edit: Also, Throk moved back and is no longer in melee range, so can't use the attack with a shift or extended reach.

Meltheim
2012-09-09, 01:38 PM
Shular - no bonuses, sorry. And yeah, your attack is too far away.

Ravian - it is still your turn if you want to do something other than Direct the Strike, since Throk is not eligble to do that move.

Dimers
2012-09-10, 10:26 AM
Lines of sight are pretty tight but it appears that both Rilingfall and Roman can see the stonewalker. Roman can use sun strike as a ranged basic attack, so Rilingfall could direct the sun strike ... the stonewalker would definitely get cover, but an action at -2 is better than no action at all.

Gawd, I love tactics play! :smallbiggrin:

Shular
2012-09-11, 05:07 AM
Let's get this game moving again! I moved Throk into the room on the map, but that movement's still conditional on the "condition" of the gnomes.

Meltheim
2012-09-11, 09:21 AM
They are unresponsive.

Meltheim
2012-09-11, 01:01 PM
OH, you hit him for a nice 17 damage. Alright, my turn then eh?

I'll get something together in about an hour when I go for lunch.

Shular
2012-09-11, 03:00 PM
Ouch.

Edit: Also, 5 temp hp for half-orc resilience.

Meltheim
2012-09-11, 03:05 PM
I never considered making white text to meet the character count!

Meltheim
2012-09-12, 09:17 PM
Tegu? Dimers? Your turn fellas!

Dimers
2012-09-13, 08:26 AM
Quick ping on the radar: Yesterday was insane, today should be less so but I still have somewhere to be in a half hour and can't post ATM. Should be able to get something up in amongst doc appointment, lunch, work, home project report and background work on IRL game. And this is the less crazy day. WHEEEEEE! :smalltongue:

Tegu8788
2012-09-14, 05:51 PM
Alright, I believe I have caught up with everyone after my brownout.

Now, question before I move Jirus, would it be possible for me to use that first move action to have Jirus go through the arch and into the hallway, then the second to try and use the spring to jump over the acid, bouncing off a wall, landing on the far side, and continuing onto L17? I assume an athletics check is in order. That would also give Jirus a different boon I assume, which I'll roll OOC and then edit things IC.

If Jirus can't take those actions, I'd have him just move to fill the doorway, and stop any gnomes from getting into the room and giving everyone inside cover.

Meltheim
2012-09-14, 07:56 PM
Jirus can totally take those actions. The arch only works once though :)

Tegu8788
2012-09-14, 08:57 PM
Ok then, let's see. Athletics rolls [roll0]. Ninja jumps in IC to come.

Just checking while thinking about it, when I boost Hal's defenses Jirus' stay the same, based on level but not other modifiers, correct? Also, if I get a bonus to saving throws, does that effect throws for Jirus?

Edit: Well, that's something. Are there any benefits to jumping while running, or using a spring to start your leap?

Second Edit: Just reread the jumping rules. Thank goodness it's a big long running action that only needs to make it one square.

Meltheim
2012-09-14, 11:35 PM
Are you trying to get Jirus to longjump over the acid pit using the spring? As I said, the spring has its own DC and is considered a trap on its own. That roll of 8 will result in Jirus either longjumping the spring and ending up in the acid, longjumping the spring and ending up on the other side of it (in the hallway you originally entered from) or jumping directly onto the spring and failing to navigate the trap properly, resulting in him landing in the acid.

If he lands in the acid, he'll take some damage, but he's not going all Aoefel and sinking to the bottom.

Shular
2012-09-15, 02:16 AM
We seem to have lost a gnome (Stonewalker) from the room. I'm guessing Faux Walk is a teleport?

Meltheim
2012-09-15, 11:48 AM
The Stonewalker is walking through the stone. He'll reappear soon :)

Meltheim
2012-09-15, 06:54 PM
If you all hadn't figured it out by now, Arillius is going to be taking a hiatus for a while. He had just started at a new job when his mother got sick, and then just when things were starting to calm down, his computer died.

He said he will try to return once things calm down, but for now I'm writing him out of the story in a way that he can be reintroduced or disappear completely.

Do you guys want to try and find a 5th member, or do you want to continue on with the 4 that we have?

Shular
2012-09-16, 01:34 AM
I'm good either way, as long as the story continues in the meanwhile. If we do get a 5th, hopefully it will be someone with a proven record of sticking with an ongoing game :smallwink:

Dimers
2012-09-16, 04:11 AM
I'd like to see a fifth when someone else can be introduced organically, without serious strain on the ol' willingsuspensionofdisbelief muscles. Five players gives approximately 25% more roleplaying opportunities than four. :smallwink:


I'm guessing Faux Walk is a teleport?

Yeah, that's the human character's eladrin heritage coming through. It's a play on words -- Fey Step, Faux Step. It's actually a warlock utility from the PHB called ethereal stride. Pretty cool refluffing. :smallsmile:

Meltheim
2012-09-16, 10:20 AM
So, I've got a short list of people I will be speaking to privately about their interest in creating a character for the game. I will present any options to you all to vote on, of course.

In fact, I have already been contacted by someone without me asking, which bodes well.

Dimers
2012-09-16, 05:28 PM
Got hit with a stomach bug. :smallyuk: I'm exhausted. Might not post for a couple days.

Tegu8788
2012-09-16, 09:30 PM
It seems the striker position will be a rotating one. I agree that can organic introduction is best. For now, mechanically, Jirus can be a barbarian substitute. Gonna miss the shaman RP.

I'd personally like to see another striker from this land, simply because it's easier to explain. We've got nature well covered, but we are completely missing psionic, and that's a key weakness right now.

Meltheim
2012-09-17, 10:29 AM
Ohhh, Arillius went, so it's my turn now. Got it :) give me a few hours to think of something sneaky.

Tegu - is Jirus going to run around back and jump over the acid?

Dimers
2012-09-17, 12:28 PM
It seems the striker position will be a rotating one. I agree that can organic introduction is best. For now, mechanically, Jirus can be a barbarian substitute. Gonna miss the shaman RP.

Barbarian substitute ... that reminds me of another hybrid I've had in mind. I don't recall whether rangers' beasts have MBAs, but fey beasts certainly do, and a lazylord|ranger/shaman could maybe be a little one-man army by focusing on granting MBAs.


I'd personally like to see another striker from this land, simply because it's easier to explain. We've got nature well covered, but we are completely missing psionic, and that's a key weakness right now.

Hmmm ... primal+psi striker ... a hybrid barbarian|monk should work pretty well :smallsmile:

I am (however foolish it might be) back at work already. I'm on the reference desk instead of the front desk today, and it's almost always pretty quiet back here, so I should have time to post a thing or three before going home.

Shular
2012-09-17, 12:37 PM
Tegu - is Jirus going to run around back and jump over the acid?

In the interest of keeping things moving, I'll point out that Tegu's already had Jirus make the atheletics check and moved him on the map. Just a matter of you adjudicating the results of the check. :smallsmile:

Meltheim
2012-09-17, 12:43 PM
d'oh! I missed that :)

Meltheim
2012-09-18, 11:11 AM
Sorry all, ended up having 4 inspections yesterday (of the 6 hour variety) that I had to manage. I will get the next round of combat going asap.

Dimers
2012-09-18, 12:25 PM
Sorry all, ended up having 4 inspections yesterday (of the 6 hour variety)

:smalleek: Ylg. Glrpt. (insert other choked sounds here)

And I thought I was having a rough time. Stomach bug's got nothin' on that.

EDIT: I don't get paid for having a stomach bug, though.

Meltheim
2012-09-18, 12:27 PM
heh, and I'm on my 3rd of the day so far (and it's only 10:30 here in California).

Ok, so I posted Jirus' actions with the acid and all that. I'll post the 2 Rockcaller turns once I can find their statblock (the ones from the MM are like level 13 so I have to delevel them :smallbiggrin: )

Meltheim
2012-09-18, 02:19 PM
Um ... I have never rolled back to back crits on the same person before. So sorry Shular.

Feel free to let Rilingfall go first (and heal you!) so that Throk can have a chance at a turn.

Tegu - also Jirus has been knocked below 0 - not sure how that works though.

Dimers
2012-09-18, 02:37 PM
Um ... if he's actually at -12 hp, he's not dead. He can keep getting beat up until -22.

In which case, I strongly suggest letting Rilingfall go first :smallwink:

EDIT: Also, that burst2 could have hit Roman as well, if it was aimed the same place (K17) or farther left. Assuming K17, Roman gets cover, for -2 to attack rolls. This doesn't target Fortitude or AC, so it doesn't trigger Roman's "mental constitution" item.

Meltheim
2012-09-18, 02:40 PM
heh, ok. I changed status to "KO'd"

and srsly, I'm just going to assume that Rilingfall will throw a heal toward Throk. If I don't see one in the next 8 hours I will do it automagically.

Meltheim
2012-09-18, 02:57 PM
Um ... if he's actually at -12 hp, he's not dead. He can keep getting beat up until -22.

In which case, I strongly suggest letting Rilingfall go first :smallwink:

EDIT: Also, that burst2 could have hit Roman as well, if it was aimed the same place (K17) or farther left. Assuming K17, Roman gets cover, for -2 to attack rolls. This doesn't target Fortitude or AC, so it doesn't trigger Roman's "mental constitution" item.

I revised to actually be K 16. It was meant to only include those in the room.

Shular
2012-09-18, 04:37 PM
Melt, did you tell Tegu what the result of his roll for going under the arch was?

Want me to roll Hal's attack? Looking at his sheet, I come up with Virtuous Strike: +11 to hit (Cha +5, Lvl +2, Prof +3, Feat +1), but not certain if he has an enhancement bonus, Damage: 1d8+5 (again, not certain if he'd have enhancement bonus).

Edit: Apparently he has a Harmonic Songblade. That's a +1 weapon, yes? (Also, Tegu, you don't add your Level/2 to damage rolls, only to attack rolls.)

I want to wait for Hal's attack: if he kills #2, then that would affect (effect?) what Throk does.

Edit 2: Also, Hal is prone and bloodied himself, it looks like. We may need to bid a hasty retreat here.

Meltheim
2012-09-18, 06:32 PM
7 damage from Hal, Guard 2 is still standing

Shular
2012-09-18, 06:38 PM
With the +1 weapon, Hal's attack is +12 to hit, 1d8+6 damage. (So 1 extra point.)

I'll update the map, then take my turn.

Dimers
2012-09-18, 10:14 PM
Crap. I just posted this big ol' combat turn for Roman, then realized it's not his turn yet. Deeeeeeleted.

Meltheim
2012-09-19, 12:01 PM
nice hits Throk! Liking that chain?

I'm on my 3rd inspection of the day, so I'll try to post the next episode of gnome death squad: elite fighting force later today.

Meltheim
2012-09-20, 12:46 PM
Alright, had another 3 inspections but they're all done and I finally took my turn.

It might be confusing, so here's what happened.

Hal was pulled closer to Guard 1, but the attack didn't hit. The attacks on Roman and Rilingfall were also misses, so nobody actually took damage this round.

Hal is prone, bloodied, and next to Guard 1. Sounds like a perfect position for him to be in.

It is now Hal and Roman's turn.

Shular
2012-09-20, 01:59 PM
Just to double check, is "Stone Call" a melee attack, area attack, or ranged? It would have a penalty instead of bonus if it were ranged, and no modifier if an area (if I'm reading the description of Prone correctly).

Meltheim
2012-09-20, 02:51 PM
Ohhh! Good point! It is ranged, so it misses. Hal is back in his spot prone and bloodied

Shular
2012-09-20, 03:03 PM
Lol, not to mention that Throk marked him, so that's another -2 :smallbiggrin:

Meltheim
2012-09-21, 10:44 AM
Dimers - I'll rule JUST THIS ONCE that you can stand him up instead of sliding him.

Meltheim
2012-09-21, 03:26 PM
Nice turn Roman. Biological warfare :smallbiggrin:

Dimers
2012-09-21, 07:47 PM
Um! Right! It certainly is possible to have a burst2 effect instead of a burst1! I definitely thought about that before acting, yessiree! :smallredface: :smalltongue:


Nice turn Roman. Biological warfare :smallbiggrin:

Dimers - I'll rule JUST THIS ONCE that you can stand him up instead of sliding him.

Thanks on both counts. :smallcool:

Tegu8788
2012-09-21, 08:32 PM
Major apologizes. A few crazy day at work, followed by a dying phone, then a family issue 200 miles from my computer, but I'm finally back, and caught up on what I've missed.

Hal will start playing more strikery for now. Just have to decide whether it's better to spent a minor to curse a target, or a minor and surge to recall Jirus.


And as an earthbender, I am hurt at just how effectively my element is being used against us.

Meltheim
2012-09-21, 08:40 PM
Um! Right! It certainly is possible to have a burst2 effect instead of a burst1! I definitely thought about that before acting, yessiree! :smallredface: :smalltongue:




Thanks on both counts. :smallcool:

I originally thought of doing Burst 1, but Burst 2 had so much more fun attached to it!

Dimers
2012-09-21, 09:22 PM
Major apologizes. A few crazy day at work, followed by a dying phone, then a family issue 200 miles from my computer, but I'm finally back ...

I've missed ya! And I don't mean that my attack roll was less than your AC.

Meltheim
2012-09-21, 10:03 PM
So, while nobody can replace Arillius/Ja'qar, I think I have found another player/character for the game.

You guys might have seen Hircine around the forums - I've played with him in my favorite PbP game (aside from this one) and he brings a lot to the table. He will be playing Lo-Kag Rockhide, Goliath Monk (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=448068), and I'll be working with him to bring Lo-Kag into the story over the next week.

In the meantime, Hircine - feel free to pop in and meet the team.

Meltheim
2012-09-21, 10:09 PM
Tegu - you can't target Rockcaller 1 from where you are. Based on your actions, it looks like you meant to target Guard 1. If that's the case (it's still a hit) then we can apply damage/movement to Guard 1.

edit: nevermind, you got it :)

Tegu8788
2012-09-21, 10:22 PM
Yes, yes I did. My eyes are clearly not working as well as I'd like tonight. I missed the little pick and lack of halo.

Taking a quick look at our newest striker of the month, one thing I can notice is the languages. Common and Giant. I'm assuming that will be Elvish and Giant, so that we can talk to him.

A giant monk. This will be interesting. Huge guy using a knife. This I will enjoy imagining.

Despite my absence, allow me to be the first to welcome you to our merry gang. We're trying to not die. Come along for the ride.

Edit: Also, just tallied up Hal's health. He's at 9 HP. Maybe I should have dealt with that first. Whoops. It could be worse. While prone. Hmmm. That move seems less impressive now.

Dimers
2012-09-21, 11:14 PM
Edit: Also, just tallied up Hal's health. He's at 9 HP. Maybe I should have dealt with that first. Whoops. It could be worse. While prone. Hmmm. That move seems less impressive now.

If it helps any, Roman just stood you up and gave you 5 temp HP ...

EDIT: it's hard to remember to adjust everything on the map tab and stats tab while describing everything and correcting errors on the IC and OOC threads. Or maybe I'm just playing too darn complicated.

I'm really glad I can take thirty minutes to decide on an action in PbP, unlike tabletop. I get to use so many more toys this way.

Dimers
2012-09-21, 11:34 PM
You guys might have seen Hircine around the forums - I've played with him in my favorite PbP game (aside from this one) and he brings a lot to the table. He will be playing Lo-Kag Rockhide, Goliath Monk (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=448068), and I'll be working with him to bring Lo-Kag into the story over the next week.

In the meantime, Hircine - feel free to pop in and meet the team.

"HI, HIRCINE!" [/twelvesteps]

Meltheim
2012-09-22, 12:27 AM
The real issue now is that I have to try and draw a good goliath monk ....

Hircine
2012-09-23, 12:03 AM
Hi everyone! Thanks for having me, Melthiem. I'm really looking forward to being apart of this adventure.


The real issue now is that I have to try and draw a good goliath monk ....

I've seen some of your other work so I'm sure you'll come up with something great!

Shular
2012-09-23, 08:12 AM
Welcome, Hircine.

You've missed out on a lot of the RP stuff, but I'm sure we'll get a feel for your character as we work our way through the crawl. :smallsmile:

Shular
2012-09-24, 02:24 PM
Tegu, I'm a little confused by your actions. You know you can only curse a single target (nearest target), and can only do curse damage once/turn, yes? Or do you have a special ability/feat/item that allows you to curse multiple targets simultaneously. Also, presumably when you mentioned Rockcaller 1, you meant Guard 1, since you can't see the former and you entered your damage on the guard.

What actually would have happened, I think, is that you cursed Rockcaller 2, then used Echoing Dirge (+9 damage on that? I got you at +5 for cha, +1 for songblade, assuming you can use it as a warlock implement) on Rockcaller 2 and Guard 1, hitting Guard 1, but missing Rockcaller 2. Guard 1 doesn't get pushed:
When you push a creature, each square you move it must place it farther away from you.You also would not have dealt curse damage to him, because you could not curse him.

Thus, it would appear you still have a move or minor action available, if you have anything you can do with that (too bad the Rockcaller's adjacent to you). Do you still have your Majestic Word?

Edit: Also, I note in your "flavor text",
Propping himself up with his shield arm, his eyes glare into the ashen faces. That seems to suggest you didn't notice Roman stood you up (but not in a didn't show up for your date way), as well as gave you 5 thp. :smallbiggrin:

Meltheim
2012-09-24, 03:50 PM
thanks Shular for pointing this out. I totally missed it when I was reading things over.

Tegu - please resolve your turn as soon as you can. I'll take my turn for the 2 Rockcallers once you're done :smallbiggrin:

Tegu8788
2012-09-24, 04:54 PM
Tegu, I'm a little confused by your actions. You know you can only curse a single target (nearest target), and can only do curse damage once/turn, yes? Or do you have a special ability/feat/item that allows you to curse multiple targets simultaneously. Also, presumably when you mentioned Rockcaller 1, you meant Guard 1, since you can't see the former and you entered your damage on the guard.

What actually would have happened, I think, is that you cursed Rockcaller 2, then used Echoing Dirge (+9 damage on that? I got you at +5 for cha, +1 for songblade, assuming you can use it as a warlock implement) on Rockcaller 2 and Guard 1, hitting Guard 1, but missing Rockcaller 2. Guard 1 doesn't get pushed:You also would not have dealt curse damage to him, because you could not curse him.

Shular, you are completely correct on all counts. I completely botched my own feature, nothing special to get extra cursing. The Bard MC was for the daily heal, and a heavy blade weapliment. When I posted I misidentified the gnomes, but I have corrected that on the tracker. I should fix the post as well. As for the math, I also misread by new feat and +1 from that that shouldn't be there, then 1/2 level +2. The last rules I saw said that if you could use an implement, you could use it for any implement power. As shown, I'm far from perfect, so if I've made other mistakes, please tell me.


Thus, it would appear you still have a move or minor action available, if you have anything you can do with that (too bad the Rockcaller's adjacent to you). Do you still have your Majestic Word?

Edit: Also, I note in your "flavor text", That seems to suggest you didn't notice Roman stood you up (but not in a didn't show up for your date way), as well as gave you 5 thp. :smallbiggrin:

I read the tracker and missed having the stand up, so +2 to my attacks, that helps. And while I hate using a Daily in the first fight, I'm going to.

Shular
2012-09-24, 04:56 PM
Heh, I only noticed it because warlock's my favorite class, and I'm very familiar with its working. So when I saw the double cursing with damage rolls, I got curious.

I recommend rolling the curse damage when you roll your attack damage, instead of when you place your curse on target, and only roll it once.

E.g.
Standard Action: Eldritch Blast at BBEG
Attack: [roll0] vs Reflex
Hit: [roll1] damage plus [roll2] curse damage
Action Point: Another Eldritch Blast at BBEG
Attack: [roll3] vs Reflex
Hit: [roll4] plus curse damage rolled above if first attack misses.

Edit: Figures I'd crit in an example.

Meltheim
2012-09-24, 05:07 PM
I will let you save that crit for another day.

and yeah, in my ranger character i always threw in quarry as part of damage.

Shular
2012-09-24, 05:32 PM
Aw man, I messed up too. I was doing an inventory of what attacks I'd used, and noticed that Guard 1 had marked Throk...he couldn't shift unless he'd finished his shift adjacent to Guard 1. That means he would have stayed in J17, and Hal's position would have been different, and so on.

Sigh, sorry guys. I'll need to double check these things going forward.

Tegu8788
2012-09-24, 06:08 PM
I'll adjust by posting accordingly, I think that will help reduce the number of mistakes in the future.

Meltheim
2012-09-24, 06:29 PM
It's alright, damage is done. When I see Tegu's update I'll make my turn.

Tegu8788
2012-09-24, 06:35 PM
I've updated. If I've made more mistakes, let me know.

Edit: Also, would it be possible to add a column to the combat tracker? Something to show current HP. I think, if possible, that could be a helpful way to keep track of how badly we are off.

Shular
2012-09-25, 02:20 AM
I would change

"This time, his eyes and posture give no indication that the puppetmaster has left." which suggests the gnome is still dominated

to

"This time, his eyes and posture give no indication that the puppetmaster is still in control".

Meltheim
2012-09-25, 12:41 PM
He is still dominated, but he's not in "sleep" mode like before. I mean that the puppetmaster is actively controlling him, as opposed to putting him on standby while he shifts his focus to control the others.

Shular
2012-09-25, 04:51 PM
Ah. Gotcha.

K, it's Rilingfall's turn. I'm going to bed now. Hopefully when I wake up it will be my turn again. :smallbiggrin:

Shular
2012-09-26, 12:46 AM
Okay, I'm up and ...

disappointed. Nobody's gone. :smallfrown:

Meltheim
2012-09-26, 08:29 AM
Rilingfall's got 7 hours before I take his turn. Let's keep combat moving!

Shular
2012-09-26, 03:55 PM
Looks like Rilingfall's going now. Ravian's not really following the OOC thread (I PM'd him) but is still in the game, so I recommend including a bit more detail in the IC thread (instead of posting them here), and ensuring any errors in posts are corrected so there's no confusion.

Shular
2012-09-26, 04:23 PM
Bah. Ravian PM'd me to say for Melt to go ahead and take his roll, since the site "ate his post". Whatever. First thing first. Rilingfall hasn't been rolling his saving throw for being slowed from passing the arch. So those first, before any action can be taken.

1st turn: Saving throw vs slow [roll0]
2nd turn: Saving throw vs slow [roll1]

Edit: Okay, so he'd have saved after his first turn.

Now let's look at his character to see what he can do.

Meltheim
2012-09-26, 05:19 PM
Thanks Shular. If you want to roll Hal's MBA that's fine too. Otherwise I can do it.

Shular
2012-09-26, 05:21 PM
Go ahead. I wasn't sure if the guard still gave combat advantage.

Would have Directed the Strike with Throk, but his target would have cover, plus the guard is bloodied. May as well try to take him out.

Edit: For the record, here's the link to Rilingfall's charact done on the Character Builder, in case we have to keep taking his turns.

Rilingfall (https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0ffCAiFMC0OU1BaTVRDY0psbzg)

Edit 2: I didn't realize Throk had an Amulet of Protection. I''ve updated his stats on the battlesheet, but will have to update the character sheet another time.

Meltheim
2012-09-26, 07:52 PM
Thanks Shular, and thanks Tegu. I am trying to keep my games going as well. Finally finished with the barrage of inspections, so that's good.

Tegu8788
2012-09-26, 08:05 PM
Shular, your character sheets are far more detailed than myth-weavers are. What are you using? The formatting is easier to follow.

Edit: And yes, we all got magic safety pins from the Queen.

Meltheim
2012-09-26, 09:28 PM
Tegu, that's what the actual character builder looks like :)

Tegu8788
2012-09-27, 09:29 PM
Well, that would explain why it looks so good. I may have to go ahead and bite the bullet to get that.

Now, in regards to the action I just took, I have two generalized thoughts.

One, I just summoned Jirus back from the Feywild after being killed by acid. I am unsure if any of that would still be on him, a simple body shake should clean it off. Second Jirus concern, does he still need a saving throw, or did banishment fix that? And lastly, RP wise, I imagine Jirus might have had something happen in the Feywild given it's treatment of the Feyladrin this fight.

Other question, the mass marking, does this include those inside the walls? I didn't put it into the tracker, waiting for a ruling.


And in the future, I will not have Hal jump into the middle of all the bad things. Is no good.

Shular
2012-09-28, 02:07 AM
Yeah, probably not the best idea. Lol, did you notice that Throk backed out of the room? Sometimes pragmatism > heroism.

Remember as well, that neither Hal nor Throk would be considered "proper" defenders. You as a hybrid and me taking the strikerish Tempest option means that neither of us is really built for standing in the middle of a mass of enemies and taking their attacks. (Which would explain why we're both bloodied and Rilingfall is out of heals lol)

Especially now, with the reach weapon, Throk will be focusing on moving the enemy into more advantageous (for the party) positions, and then locking them down.

Meltheim
2012-09-28, 02:46 AM
Jirus is summoned back and he melts into a puddle at your feet, NOOOOOOOOO you cry out in futility!

Or wait, he simply appears and is perfectly healthy as before, because he only exists in this plane at your will :smallbiggrin:

Oh, and yes, Jirus saw things. I mean, he saw things, man. things that will turn your $hit white! as it were.

Meltheim
2012-09-28, 02:55 AM
I was writing about halloween on facebook and my computer autocorrected to discuss my "hallowhiem costume"

wtf....

Tegu8788
2012-09-28, 11:56 AM
Auto-correction learns terms over time. I suppose you've written it enough that your computer recognizes it as a proper word now...

Feel free to describe how disturbed Jirus is.

Dimers
2012-09-29, 10:24 PM
It's great to be back home. Not that I didn't enjoy seeing my brother and his family for the first time in three years, but ... I mean, just having access to a desktop computer with a mouse, a familiar browser and my bookmark library, that by itself is making me feel so much more 'at home', to say nothing of the food and the girlfriend kisses and the cool weather and the lack of persistent odor.

Meltheim, Roman would be concerned about the stonewalker waking back up since his unconsciousness isn't from damage. How much can I do with one standard and one minor action in terms of tying up or de-equipping the little bugger? (It'd take a move action to get to him.) Minor action mage hand could either get my rope into my hand or move away one unattended object ... It seems like a Nature check for knot-tying ought to take more than six seconds, but it keeps things simpler to just make it a standard action ...

Meltheim
2012-10-01, 01:27 PM
I'll meta-game with you for a sec. Stonewalker is out for the count. If you want to do something for RP purposes you could (minor action, arcana check for mage-hand knotwork) but you don't NEED to for mechanics purposes.

Dimers
2012-10-01, 03:08 PM
Doesn't even have to be 'meta'. A complete muscular collapse with some drooling and snoring makes it clear that the li'l guy will be out of commission for a while. There's unconscious and then there's unconscious. We'll just assume Roman makes his visual Heal check to notice the difference.

Sorry I have to delay just a little while longer before acting. Gotta find recipe, shop, wash dishes, make dinner RIGHTNOW. So I'll post tonight.

Shular
2012-10-02, 01:42 AM
Dimers, what spaces are the thunderballs in? You may want to make those cells a different background colour so we can keep track. Otherwise, people will forget to use them.

Dimers
2012-10-02, 07:23 AM
But I did m ... um ... *looks at map* I did mark them. I14 and J14, both text and background color.

I'd also changed the color when making my original Big Huge Turn post, but I had to undo that when I realized that I'd gone out of order :smallredface: And I must not have remembered to re-color when I reprised the Big Huge Turn a little later.

Meltheim
2012-10-02, 12:52 PM
I'll update when I take lunch in an hour or so. this fight is definitely winding down.

Meltheim
2012-10-06, 09:39 AM
WE'RE BACK! Ok, let me figure out where we are and then I'll get something together for IC post.

Dimers
2012-10-06, 07:16 PM
Woo! We're back online!

Meltheim
2012-10-07, 01:51 PM
Alright, only the guard is left. Both Rockcallers have left the fight.

Throk and Rilingfall can try to knock out the last guard, but he's looking like he will run on his turn as well. Those Thunderballs did some serious intimidation.

Tegu8788
2012-10-09, 07:44 PM
Alright guys, let's knock out a few more gnomes. I think storing them in that roll might be a good idea. Keep them safe until we can get them out.

Shular
2012-10-10, 01:01 AM
Sorry, a little confused. Where's the last gnome guard?

Meltheim
2012-10-10, 12:06 PM
Ack! I deleted him on accident. Let me put him back.

edit: he's back. In L16, next to Hallowhiem and Jirus.

Tegu8788
2012-10-10, 12:20 PM
Is there any way that we can track the gnomes that walked through the walls?

Meltheim
2012-10-10, 12:43 PM
Both Rockcallers have walked throught the walls, and I can tell you that they're not coming back.

If we encounter more in the future I'll put a note "last seen at square A-22" if you'd like.

Tegu8788
2012-10-10, 12:51 PM
I was just wondering if there was a way to follow them back to the source.

Shular
2012-10-10, 02:32 PM
Posting now. Sorry for delay.

Shular
2012-10-10, 02:47 PM
For crit, that will be

[roll0] damage (and lol, I just noticed I rolled max damage in IC thread too) and property of chain knocks gnome prone.

Tegu8788
2012-10-10, 03:04 PM
Very nice move.

Now, what do we do?

Meltheim
2012-10-10, 04:51 PM
End of combat! 3 unconscious gnomes to do with as you please.

Tegu8788
2012-10-10, 08:36 PM
Hal spends 2 surges to get up to 38 HP, and Jirus is up to 21 HP. He has 7 more surges today.

Hal is not getting in the middle of things again.

Readying to post IC. Hope we run into someone that can do a lot of damage that doesn't want to kill us sometime soon.

Meltheim
2012-10-10, 08:46 PM
Heh, Hircine and I are working a little behind the scenes RP to bring Lo-Kag into the game.

Shular
2012-10-11, 12:58 AM
It would also appear that Ravian has disappeared, so we may need a replacement for Rilingfall.

Meltheim
2012-10-11, 12:15 PM
Hmm, I see that Ravian was last on the forums about an hour ago, so I'll ping him with a PM to see if he's still interested in playing.

Meltheim
2012-10-11, 05:14 PM
I'll be out of town from Friday to Sunday, but I'll check in when I get the chance.

Dimers
2012-10-11, 11:11 PM
Aaauugh. I've been up for eighteen hours, working or in transit the whole time except for a couple meal breaks. Man, this kind of thing is enough to make me miss my insomnia. How else am I supposed to get any playing done?

Gonna see what I can cobble together for an IC post before my brain's last gasp for the day.

EDIT: Melt, are the fungi here flammable? And what does Roman think of Hal's question -- any guess we might be able to use them?

Meltheim
2012-10-12, 03:56 PM
All the fungi are flammable, and roman can definitely do some nature/arcana action to gather some materials for a potion or two

Dimers
2012-10-16, 11:38 PM
I feel bad. Five days since my last post. It's nice to have more responsibility at my workplace, and not worrying about keeping a roof over my head is great for my off-hours, but man ... this work is seriously time-consuming. :smallfrown:

Stats on explosives, please?

Meltheim
2012-10-17, 05:38 PM
I'm going to have to look up the explosives. Feel free to carry on in the meantime :)

The explosives will have a similar effect as the mushroom attacks (daze/stun/unconscious)

Dimers
2012-10-17, 09:11 PM
Oh! I was thinking of the firey effect you warned about in the foyer. Can we do that instead?

Meltheim
2012-10-17, 09:45 PM
sure. My credit card got stolen so I had to wait on my new card before I could reactivate my DDI account :)

Tegu8788
2012-10-17, 11:10 PM
Ouch. If it makes you feel any better, I had some bad fish for lunch, and spent the rest of the day with it exiting every way it could.

Dimers
2012-10-17, 11:35 PM
Agh! That's awful! I suffer from a lack of schadefreude ... when I hear how someone's in a suckier place than I am, it makes me feel worse out of sympathy, rather than better because hey-at-least-I'm-not-pooping-fish-and-lacking-credit-cards. Sorry to hear it, guys.

Meltheim, I take it from your grammar that you do now have DDI back? If not, I'd happily give you my login info to use for the time being. And Tegu, my offer still stands for you, too, if you wanna try out the Character Builder.

Meltheim
2012-10-18, 02:10 AM
It's not back yet, but let's go with this for now:

Acidic Fire - level 5

Power (Consumable • Acid, Fire): Standard Action. Make
an attack: Area burst 1 within 10; +8 vs. Reflex; 1d6 fire
damage, and ongoing 2 acid damage (save ends).

Tegu8788
2012-10-18, 10:46 AM
A proper use of schadenfreude, I'm impressed. And I'll take you up on that offer, work got crazy busy for no apparent reason, and I got swept away.

Those bombs look nice. I would recommend that those of us without ranged powers get them, Roman already has plenty of ranged options, and something for the rest of us to use before we get into melee would be nice.

Meltheim
2012-10-18, 11:21 AM
I'm basing the 'acidic fire' on the fact that Roman previously scooped up some acid and that this is a mixture of the mushrooms and the acid.

And wow - that sounds like a bad straight-to-dvd college movie instead of a dungeon crawl

Tegu8788
2012-10-18, 11:32 AM
I can see those two being very similar...

Dimers
2012-10-19, 10:13 PM
About to post IC. I'm working off the assumption that the hulking figure is speaking to us in some dialect of Elvish.

Meltheim
2012-10-19, 10:15 PM
In the whole "common is elvish" sort of situation, yeah.

edit: I'm using this as a placeholder until I can draw something better. Heromachine to the rescue!

http://i.imgur.com/OWW4E.png?1

Hircine
2012-10-21, 09:04 PM
Sorry for the holdup it was my birthday yesterday and I wasn't able to find time to post. I'll get on up ASAP.

Meltheim
2012-10-21, 09:15 PM
Hey Hircine - Happy Birthday!

How would you describe Lo-Kag's look? I mean, I have eyes/skin/beard figured out, but I don't know about the color of your robes or anything. I was thinking dark grey, if that works, but maybe with some sky blue accents?

Shular
2012-10-22, 01:41 AM
Will try to get something posted tonight (London time), but in the meanwhile, assume Throk is watching warily while the others talk.

Tegu8788
2012-10-22, 10:13 AM
Happy birthday, and don't worry about being busy. We've all had life get in the way.

And Shular, unless you say otherwise, I always assume Throk is standing warily watching everyone else blather.

Meltheim
2012-10-22, 11:04 AM
I always assume Throk is standing warily watching everyone else blather.

I have always assumed this as well, but I have now added "counting out how many links on his chain it would take to kill someone" to the mix :smallbiggrin:

Meltheim
2012-10-22, 12:38 PM
First run at Lo-Kag's design. Hircine - let me know what I should add/change/etc (and keep in mind that the character will be less than 1" x 1" on the combat map)

http://i.imgur.com/a6gtY.png

Hircine
2012-10-22, 10:27 PM
Would it be possible to give him a pair of sandals and make his beard longer?

Meltheim
2012-10-23, 01:12 AM
Not only possible, but very easy!

Meltheim
2012-10-24, 02:32 PM
Would it be possible to give him a pair of sandals and make his beard longer?

How about this?

http://i.imgur.com/0sZsg.png

Hircine
2012-10-25, 07:24 AM
How about this?

http://i.imgur.com/0sZsg.png

That's perfect. :smallbiggrin:

Dimers
2012-10-25, 10:50 AM
OOC note for Roman: deliberately stepping back to let Hal talk with the big guy. That's who he addressed, and anyway, Tegu likes writing that kind of thing. I don't mind it myself, but if someone else gets more enjoyment out of it ... Anyway, I've got the time to post these days, but that doesn't mean I should fill up everyone's bandwidth with Roman.

Tegu8788
2012-10-25, 12:08 PM
Hal's got the charisma to pull it off, and I'm trying to make his ambassador title mean something. However, I can pull out some epic fails with a roller, so Hal will rely on those with the big brains to cover him when he screws up. He's not the guy with the plan, he's just the guy that explains it to others.

Hircine
2012-10-25, 04:40 PM
Dungeoneering Check:
[roll0]

Nature Check:
[roll1]

Meltheim
2012-10-25, 08:23 PM
Hircine - are those with or without the bonuses we talked about earlier?

Hircine
2012-10-25, 10:13 PM
Hircine - are those with or without the bonuses we talked about earlier?

Without the bonuses.

Dimers
2012-10-25, 10:29 PM
I opened the map to see whether Meltheim had somehow depicted the change in lighting, and my first thought was "Holy crap! We're being attacked by an owlbear!"

:smallbiggrin:

Meltheim
2012-10-26, 11:39 AM
@ Dimers - hahahahahah!

@ Hircine
You have heard this noise before. In fact, something like it woke you from your mediatation just minutes earlier. This is the scream of a gnome being tortured. Your experience in the upper level of Traps lets you believe that the gnome is only about 200 feet away from you, in a chamber that you thought was unused. It is definitely not coming from the room with the 4 unconscious gnomes, however.

The dimming lights also are also familiar to you - this occurs whenever one of the shadar-kai slip from the Shadowfell into the natural world.

Hircine
2012-10-28, 11:52 PM
Just a heads up but I may lose power when Hurricane Sandy hits. So if I'm unable to post for a few days you'll know why.

Meltheim
2012-10-29, 12:15 PM
Take care all of you in the area of Sandy. I'm implementing Emergency Preparedness Plans for 8 of my company's facilities in the NY/NJ/PA/CT.

I will probably be a bit busy today, but I will try to get an IC post in later.

I just wanted to pop in here to let you know that the noise is coming from further down that hallway you all had just begun to explore, and that Lo-Kag is leading you in that direction, NOT back to the room where the 4 gnomes were placed. You can still investigate that room, but Lo-Kag is not running in that direction :smallbiggrin:

Tegu8788
2012-10-29, 05:13 PM
I figure we are all chasing him, but it's hard to tell which way we actually running.

And be safe people, that's the important thing.

Dimers
2012-10-30, 09:39 PM
Natural 1s are funny. :smalltongue:

Meltheim
2012-10-31, 01:22 AM
Natural 1s are funny. :smalltongue:

I snorted so hard trying to stifle a laugh when I saw that roll that my wife woke up, punched me, and went back to sleep.

Meltheim
2012-11-01, 11:50 AM
Ack, thanks for the prompt Shular. I'll get something going today.

Can everyone make sure their stats are current on the battle map?

Dimers
2012-11-01, 06:48 PM
Roman's stats are fine. Throk would have healed some, even without use of surges -- if he was supposed to have regen only while bloodied, he'd be at 24 before surges, and he'd be full-up if there's no limitation.

Tegu8788
2012-11-01, 09:36 PM
I've submitted and gotten a subscription, and discovered how bad I was at actually building. Really off. I will be correcting things shortly.

Shular, what application did you use to get it into G-Drive? I tried exporting and importing and it was quite unhappy.

Shular
2012-11-02, 02:33 AM
If you're talking about the character sheet, I installed CutePDF, which allows me to print to a PDF file. So when I print my character, I use printer CutePDF, and save to my Google drive. Alternately, print to a normal folder, then upload to google as a pdf.

Tegu8788
2012-11-02, 02:00 PM
I'm an apple guy so CutePDF was a no go, but I did manage to save it. Didn't know about that option before. I tried uploading it but it was 5 GB. I'll try compressing it.

I've spent 2 surges to get to 38 HP, just over half his surges spent.


And is anyone else concerned about the traps we just meandered over?

And, because I want to tempt fate, Arcana for mental activity on the other side of the room. [roll0]

Meltheim
2012-11-02, 02:32 PM
Tegu - I'll give results and description of the room once I have confirmation that everyone's info is updated.

Tegu8788
2012-11-02, 02:38 PM
No problem. Updated Hallowhiem (https://docs.google.com/viewer?pid=explorer&srcid=0B9Npg2ePSBVcaVZ4UzQ4empXcFk&docid=8c6101a1af9ad00e89e4f4deb6c14502%7C114a3f4cb 1f9068d18c5cf9561de10df&chan=EgAAAMLXykv5uZlUDHwh4Y8PE5Vo7OcgyVfyDNvkOJ0I9 2Px&a=v&rel=zip;z1;Hallowhiem.pdf) and Jirus (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F_Wg-LTYxEetzIKHQwB5dH9Tj4ojbifNnKdWJ9_LI5I/edit). Will try and make them look better.

Hircine
2012-11-03, 01:46 AM
Things are back to normal for me. I'll try to get a post up later today.

Shular
2012-11-04, 11:00 AM
Sorry. Throk is up to date. I believe the two healing surges plus the regen were sufficient to get him to full.

Edit: belay that. At the end of the fight, Throk would have been at the equivalent of a healing surge +7. (unless I missed something). Thus, he'd have needed to use 2 more surges to be close to full. I'm using someone else's computer at the moment, and can't open the map, but I'll update later today.

Meltheim
2012-11-04, 03:54 PM
Thanks all. I'm at the office now finishing up all this paperwork with Hurricane Sandy, but I should be able to get something tonight.

We will be going into initiative, which is why i want to make sure I have everyone's stats right on the map/spreadsheet.

Dimers
2012-11-04, 10:29 PM
*boingie boingie* Luvs me some tactical play! :smallsmile:

Tegu8788
2012-11-06, 11:15 PM
Well I rolled some turds. Polished a bit, but turds none the less.

And what I said about Hal not running into the middle of things... RP demands the Paladin go help the tortured.

Maybe this battle he will play a bit smarter. Our first fight with the new striker, I look forward to seeing how this plays out.

Dimers
2012-11-08, 07:37 AM
And what I said about Hal not running into the middle of things... RP demands the Paladin go help the tortured. Maybe this battle he will play a bit smarter.

If you want Hal to hang back, RP could include a crisis of courage, his faith and goodwill assailed by the knowledge of what happened ten minutes ago. It's an option. It may be more fun for you to play the ideal hero ... but as Roman has been showing me, sometimes acting bumbling and far from perfect has its moments too. :smallamused:

I have to say, having all the time I need to write my responses has given me more appreciation for the acting side of RPGs.

Tegu8788
2012-11-08, 10:38 AM
I got him neurotic about proving himself to people that aren't even there, and failing to do something will giving me good RP because of that. He's trying to live up to what he thinks his uncle is, like a kid trying to be an adult without fully understanding what he's doing. Sort of Billy Baxton/Captain Marvel thing. If someone warns him not to do something he will take the advice, but it may not occur to him on his own.

Dimers
2012-11-08, 01:57 PM
Dude. Nice and deep. I hadn't noticed the "prove himself to ghosts" thing outright, but it's totally there.

Meltheim
2012-11-12, 11:49 AM
give me a few hours and I'll give you something fun to do :smallbiggrin:

Tegu8788
2012-11-12, 11:52 AM
DM says we have something fun coming up


Everybody, start counting healing surges...

Dimers
2012-11-14, 09:55 AM
Aigh! I had a post all typed up and then the power died! (Somebody accidentally kicked the switch on the power strip. This concatenation of desks and filing cabinets is NOT well-thought-out.)

Tegu8788
2012-11-16, 09:04 PM
I accidentally stepped on my power brick's on/off button in the middle of an online term paper back in college. Not fun.

Still, a good post. 3 out of 4 gnomes down, let's see how it makes absolutely no difference.

Dimers
2012-11-17, 01:41 PM
For those of you in both games -- I'm not leaving Terenuri, only Athas. Sorry for any confusion.

Tegu8788
2012-11-17, 09:51 PM
Sorry to see the dwarf go, but glad the eladrin is staying. Without our trusty controller, and the brains behind our operation, we would be in serious trouble.

Meltheim
2012-11-19, 03:19 PM
Ravian - we will work Rilingfall out of the story in a graceful way. Thanks for playing.

Tegu8788
2012-11-19, 06:51 PM
Hit them! Hit them now!

So, let's try and hit the energy field with a hunk of metal...

Or that dude's foot...

Dimers
2012-11-19, 07:13 PM
I'm rolling initiative. Except, y'know, we rolled it ahead of time. But yeah, trying to start a fight. I don't suppose we get a surprise round?

Meltheim
2012-11-19, 07:22 PM
No surprise round per se, but oddly Roman and Hal/Jirus are first in initiative.

Let me get it officially started, ok?

edit: started! Roman and Hallowhiem/Jirus to go first. NOTE: These creatures are insubstantial, which means they take 1/2 damage from all attacks, including those with ongoing damage.

Dimers
2012-11-19, 11:29 PM
The main map says the enemies have THP. It's going to be a little hard to keep the records straight because the spreadsheet doesn't seem to have a way to keep up with monster THP. (I'm not complaining -- it's awesome, regardless.) I reduced the THP listed on the map sheet and erased the damage dealt from the spreadsheet.

Meltheim
2012-11-20, 02:49 AM
Yeah, I wasn't sure how to show it either. I think I will just track it like normal HP and have them get "healed" whenever they get more THP. Sound good?

Edit: Ok I'll say this - these guys can't technically get bloodied.

Meltheim
2012-11-20, 02:57 AM
Ahh, forgot about a cool power these guys have ....

[roll0]

Fell Taint Drone 2 takes no damage!

Tegu8788
2012-11-20, 07:37 AM
I'm gonna be a bit delayed with my attack, heading to work now, then back home for thanksgiving, then 4 hours back here for a busy black friday. I should be able to post before the weekend, if everything goes right and behaves.

Meltheim
2012-11-20, 11:38 AM
If you want to just "delay" you can, and we can let others go.

Tegu8788
2012-11-20, 11:21 PM
Ok, I've arrived at my holiday destination after an extended day of work and traffic. I will post in the morning, but if someone wants to skip it and move on, curse Roman's target, Dirge it, and mark the next one in rotation. Flavor and my rolls will be up in under 10 hours if no one wants to skip ahead.

Edit: So, I doubt that hit, but there it is. Now, let Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde do their worst.

Shular
2012-11-23, 07:11 AM
Wait a minute, I think I messed up. Should the damage be halved before or after being applied to the temp hp?

Meltheim
2012-11-23, 10:41 AM
I think all damage is halved first

Tegu8788
2012-11-23, 06:43 PM
Ok, I'm back at my machine after black friday, and I'm thinking I may also have made a mistake.

I was trying to target the drone Dimer's suggested, then mark the next one in the rotation. It's too late to recon, but I did mark at least one. Was that the one that attacked Hal, because otherwise there should be some damage otherwise.

Meltheim
2012-11-23, 06:58 PM
These are minions, for what it's worth :)

Shular
2012-11-24, 03:28 AM
Just went through the attack rolls. FTD2 would have died after Lo-Kag's first attack (Damage avoidence on Roman's attack, 6 damage from Throk, leaving 4 THP, and 5 from Lo-Kag). So Rilingfall's attack was, technically, on a dead minion.

Can't do much about it now (unless you want to retcon the attack and make it on FTD1, with Throk or Roman doing the follow-up), but I suggest keeping the combat sheet up to date and deleting enemies from the map as they die. In a really tough fight something like that (I'm assuming it was an encounter power used) could make a big difference.

Meltheim
2012-11-24, 03:55 AM
I agree. Sorry. Holidays and all, been on cell only.

Dimers
2012-11-24, 01:02 PM
Before I make my move, I want to make sure -- we're NOT retconning Rilingfall's action, true? Don't want things to get more confused than they are :smallredface:

Meltheim
2012-11-24, 07:29 PM
Let me look through it. I don't want you guys wasting turns, so I will probably retcon attacks so that dead minions don't get attacked. Let me check though.

Meltheim
2012-11-24, 07:37 PM
Rather than have anyone redo their turn, I will say that the moves/attacks were done against Fell Taint Drone 1, who had already popped his bubble. Both attacks hit, burn the 10 THP and then some. Positions are irrelevant :smalltongue:

Dimers, you may now go, start of Round 2

Meltheim
2012-11-27, 07:27 PM
Dimers and Tegu, you guys are up.

Dimers
2012-11-28, 03:05 PM
My apologies for the pause! I didn't think I'd spend that long rearranging my room. My desktop computer was in pieces because I moved EVERY piece of furniture. (Except the hamper. And I'm still thinking about that one, too.)

Meltheim
2012-11-28, 04:45 PM
Well then, glad you're OK :) This fight should be quick, they're just minions after all (muahahahahah *cough cough cough*)

Tegu8788
2012-11-28, 05:18 PM
And I've worked every day since black friday, finally getting off early after a long meeting last night. I can see the map this time, and will post momentarily.

Edit: And despite those great attack rolls (can't believe they are mine), I rolled a bunch of 1s for damage. Really nice that minions die hard.

Shular
2012-12-02, 04:10 PM
Just to double check, Throk doesn't speak the language the gnomes are speaking, correct?

Tegu8788
2012-12-02, 05:36 PM
Can he speak the language of the Fey? If not, no. If so, yes.

Meltheim
2012-12-02, 08:27 PM
Throk has picked up enough that he understands the context, but he's not fluent the way that others are. Like, Throk could find out whether the bathroom is and order a nice meal, but he's not getting philosophical

Dimers
2012-12-04, 03:57 PM
?? As in, we're locked out of the Hanging Room? Interesting. :smallconfused:

Meltheim
2012-12-04, 04:08 PM
not locked out, the door is just shut. I am too lazy to scroll back to see if you guys left it open or wedged something to keep it from shutting, but the door is now shut. :smallbiggrin:

Dimers
2012-12-04, 06:32 PM
No, we were considering nailing it shut from our side, but decided not to spend the climbing pitons.

Tegu8788
2012-12-05, 12:29 AM
Is there any extra magic going on with the tunnels to make them hard to navigate? Hal has been making a map of everywhere they have been going, so back tracking shouldn't be all that hard.

Then again, his eyesight is horrendous compared to everyone else.

Meltheim
2012-12-05, 02:19 AM
It's really just the trap aspect. You guys didn't trigger all of them, the gnomes don't know what was triggered or not, etc. They're just being helpful.

Meltheim
2012-12-05, 03:12 PM
A song? Ok, brain, let's go!

Meltheim
2012-12-05, 04:24 PM
alright, i, uh, stumbled through some lyrics. the gnomes like to drink and 'tumble' with women, apparently, but sometimes the drink gives them whiskey richard and makes tumbling difficult :smallbiggrin:

This is now canon, by the way.

Tegu8788
2012-12-05, 04:40 PM
Dimers. Brilliant.

Meltheim. Brilliant.


Do we need to do something special to open the door, or can we just open it? Strength check Hal will fail, but he can turn a doorknob!

Meltheim
2012-12-05, 05:13 PM
The gnomes on the inside already opened it. You guys are free to interact :)

Tegu8788
2012-12-05, 06:51 PM
If Rillingfall still needs to step out, it would not be unreasonable to suggest the Eldrin stays to guard the gnomes, or escorts them back to a safer location.

Dimers
2012-12-05, 07:28 PM
Wow. That could never have happened in a tabletop game. Lovin' the PbP format!

Meltheim
2012-12-05, 07:46 PM
If Rillingfall still needs to step out, it would not be unreasonable to suggest the Eldrin stays to guard the gnomes, or escorts them back to a safer location.

Agreed - Rilingfall could escort gnomes back, report in to Amethyst Tower, etc.


He listened to their conversation, hoping to glean from them what kind of changes had occurred since the Glove unleashed the dark psychic maelstrom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZErvASwdlU

Tegu8788
2012-12-05, 10:39 PM
So, is someone getting a powerglove, like this one..?

http://www.10mfh.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/infinity-gauntlet_large.jpg

I'd nominate the guy that fights with his fists for a shiny glove.


Unless it does cantrips, then Hal wants it. I'm spamming my Wild Talent in the other game with glee!

Meltheim
2012-12-07, 01:50 PM
I'm so jaded from GiTP forums that I just copied an email before hitting send. You know, just in case the email didn't go through and I would have to retype it.

/fail

Meltheim
2012-12-07, 05:54 PM
Ravian - you will be missed. I've written Rilingfall's exit, but feel free to jump in and add anything you want.

I've asked Arillius (Arthurian now) if he wants to rejoin, since he's back in the forums. We'll see if he's able. He could actually fit back in nicely, since he went multiclass Shaman right before he left. Between Ja'qar and Lo-Kag, you guys could be quite strikery!

Meltheim
2012-12-07, 10:43 PM
Arthurian is rejoining with Ja'qar. I'm going to try and find a way to work him in, since he disappeared so [/i]mysteriously[/i] last time. In fact, the last you guys saw him was right where you're all standing now, in fact.

Tegu8788
2012-12-07, 11:02 PM
Perhaps an unplanned jaunt through the Feywild.





Or another plane...

Hircine
2012-12-09, 03:12 AM
What an over the type dramatic entrance. I like it! :smallcool:

Meltheim
2012-12-09, 03:56 AM
Happy to oblige!

and now I have to dig around for my Ja'qar pictures ....

Tegu8788
2012-12-09, 10:40 AM
Aren't they in the character tab?

Arthurian
2012-12-09, 01:48 PM
Hello all! Another surprise! Ja'qar and Kaneq are back!

Tegu8788
2012-12-09, 02:05 PM
Hal is pretty talkative. And he'll talk more when I get off in a few hours.

Dimers
2012-12-11, 08:29 PM
So. Silver mines. New map? -- I don't see where the secret wall could have been unless it leads mostly downward, which sounds like it necessitates a new map.

Tegu8788
2012-12-11, 09:03 PM
It could go up, we are under a mountain after all. Though that doesn't change your overreaching point.

So, onto the mines, let's get rich, go save some gnomes!

Meltheim
2012-12-11, 10:28 PM
New map is in progress :)

edit: new map up.