PDA

View Full Version : IC - Apokelypse Continues

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

planswalker
2012-09-03, 11:50 PM
"Hail, Giovanni!"

The great crime lord Giovanni has returned. After his defeat and humiliation at the hands of Red ten years ago, he had disappeared from Kanto. Team Rocket had been all but eliminated from the twin regions of Johto and Kanto. In a case of sweeping social upheaval in the underworld, the major crime syndicates in Hoenn and Sinnoh were similarly taken down. Rumors have spread that even in the far-off Unova region a champion has bonded with the legendary heroic pokemon from there and set up a new world order of justice and tranquility.

It was really great while it lasted. How long did it last? As it turns out, 9 years, two months, and seventeen days. That was how long it took for Giovanni to find what he was looking for and enslave the legendary pokemon. Within a year of his return, he had caught and enslaved every known legendary pokemon. The military conquest of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh began and ended inside of two months. Suddenly, "Rocket" was on everyone's lips. Giovanni quickly assimilated the remnants of the criminal organizaitons in the other regions and used them to build his empire.

Now the Pokemon League serves as a recruitment grounds for Team Rocket. Those who prove themselves to be powerful are offered positions within Team Rocket. Those who refuse are quickly disposed of.

What of the Unova region you ask? Well, the truth is that we don't know. The Champion from there did confront Giovanni shortly after he began his rise to power. The two battled for two days straight. Giovanni emerged from that fight, and the Champion did not. However, despite a seemingly overwhelming advantage, Giovanni has yet to cross the ocean and invade Unova. Everyone expects it to be just a matter of time, though. It has been almost a full year since Giovanni conquered the Four Regions. No one is sure totally what he is waiting for.

Perhaps there is some power out there in Unova which even the Master of Mewtwo fears?

The three of you just emerged from the warm, cheery Pokecenter in Snowpoint City, flush with the glow of your recent victories at the Snowpoint City Gym. The attendant nurse has just released each of your trusty starters and stolid caught companions back into your care.

At last, the three of you are ready to begin your quest. You successfully left Pineharbor and the gritty despair which haunted some of you back in that tiny, pitch-soaked sub-arctic fishing village. You braved the ice floes that are beginning to melt to reach Snowpoint City, where each of you acquired a second pokemon in turn to aid you on your journey. A few other companions came and went, but the Rocket Trainer Restrictions meant that each of you knew these new companions could not last. Until you proved your worthiness to be called "trainer", the law demanded that each of you could only be allowed to carry two pokemon at once. The Icicle Badge now pinned to your chests, you can say with pride that you are each Pokemon trainers. Roads have opened up to you all over. You can now go anywhere you want, catch anything you wish, explore any secrets that beckon you. The ice has begun to melt off the harbor, and ships are coming in and out of Snowpoint Harbor daily once again.

Thus, the three of you have one thing left to consider at this point: where will you go on this chilly March morning?

Arcran
2012-09-04, 12:13 AM
Jakob grins widely as he exits the Pokemon Center. Everything seemed a little brighter, a little happier. He could go anywhere now, as far as he wanted. He could put as much ground in between him and that dingy little town as he wanted.

Avu strides alongside him. Evolution had changed the Charmande- Charmeleon. He wasn't a Charmander anymore. Where once he had been shy and quite, that quietness has evolved into a more stoic seriousness, making the Fire Pokemon seem more mature than him in most cases. The Charmeleon keeps close to his side, never straying more than a few feet. Mara remains in her Pokemon; she hated to be out on solid land. While she could breathe like that, Jakob got the feeling she didn't like it very much.

Jakob gives a quick glance towards Alexia. She'd been amazing, her Pokemon wiping the floor completely. He quickly looks away so he doesn't seem to be staring. As far as he knew, she only thought of him as a friend, and he didn't want things to get weird. Devin had done a good job as well, but he had been as rash as normal, actually insulting the leader after the fight.

"S-So, where do we want to go from here?" Jakob says, turning to Alex.

passinglurker
2012-09-04, 11:29 AM
"ON WARD! TO ADVENTURE AND uh... MORE ADVENTURE!" shouts Devin as he throws open the doors of the pokemon center and marches out into the snow with his two loyal pokemon companions following close behind.

suddenly he stops "wait where are we going again?" he says to himself as he pulls the travel brochure out of the messenger bag under his cloak and unfolds it "now lets see..." as he looks over the distances to all the places he could go his Axew ZOOR starts getting up on its hind legs and grunting which is its cue for wanting to be let up.

"Seriously? you just beat half of the biggest baddest ice mon in town and you still don't like trotting around in the snow?" the Axew rapidly and happily nods its head in response "Sigh... ZII hold the map for me mister 'mighty dragon' is getting cold feat" the drifloon holds the map open for devin as he picks up the small dragon and tucks him under one arm "Live it up little guy cause when your all grown up its going to be your turn to do the lifting"

Devin is now leaning forward and examining the ultra simplified map of the world when Jakob asks Alexia where they should all go and Devin oblivious to the fact that the question wasn't directed at him blurts out. "Going off my grandpa's stories the 3 most likely places I would find another one of these Dragon breeder guys is in either BlackThorn city in Johto, Hoenn which has a decent variety of dragons, or our best bet Unova which has even more variety and is the closest" ZII suddenly realises its holding the map upside down and corrects it "errr... I mean its the closest to the other side of the world which is the furthest away from us. yeah that's what I meant"

musicalbookworm
2012-09-04, 09:38 PM
Alexia smiles to herself as she leaves the Pokecenter with Manuela by her side and Nicandro following close behind, looking on with interest at what Devin and his Pokemon were up to. Though she would never say so out loud, she was extremely happy and proud of herself for finally doing something completely on her own, without her family, or Devin or Jakob's help. She had earned that gym badge! Or well, it was mostly Manuela and Nicandro, of course, but she still accomplished her part all on her own.

"Oh, um…" she begins to try to answer Jakob's question, but is cut off when Devin unknowingly interrupts her to suggest they go to Johto, Hoenn or Unova.
Giggling at Devin's mistake, she spoke up "I don't know, I wouldn't mind traveling to the other side of the world, if that's what you two want…"

Arcran
2012-09-04, 10:08 PM
Jakob can't help but roll his eyes at Devin, but the idea of getting to the other side of the world was more than appealing, it was ideal. And if they had Dragons, even better! Maybe he'd be able to find some of the Pokemon his mom had sent him once upon a time. And if Alexia was up for it, what was there to lose?

"Unova sounds great," Jakob says. Everything just seemed to be getting brighter....

"Where would we get tickets?"

musicalbookworm
2012-09-04, 10:16 PM
"Maybe if we go down to the harbor, we can try to get passage on one of the ships there?" Alexia suggests. "I don't know how much it would cost though…"
She looks over at Devin in order to gauge his reaction to her suggestion

passinglurker
2012-09-04, 10:35 PM
"alright then ON WARD TO UNOVA!" proclaims devin as he sticks his free arm out in the direction of the docks and starts down the street.

half way down the street he turns to ZII and says as they walk "you know you can put the map away right?" the drifloon then tries to refold the map and winds up with a big crumpled wad of paper.

ZII tosses the wad in an open dumpster when Devin isn't looking.

Arcran
2012-09-04, 10:39 PM
Jakob grins, following his weird friend to the docks, Avu following close behind, although he does wait for Alexia before heading down.

Upon arrival, he looks for somewhere fares are posted or a somebody who looks like they know what they are doing. He desperately hopes he has enough money; the sooner he's out of Sinnoh, the better.

planswalker
2012-09-04, 10:43 PM
You quickly pick up that the harbormaster has a schedule of all ships due to arrive and depart the docks. A little bit of paperwork later, you are given a copy of this list.

As it turns out, there are two ships sheduled to leave for Unova this week.
The Blood of Kyogre will be departing tomorrow with goods for Cinnabar. After a quick stopover there, it will be heading for Unova.
The Lightning Wailord is sheduled to depart for Unova on Saturday, direct passage.

today is Monday IC.

Arcran
2012-09-04, 10:48 PM
Jakob looks at the two choices. He needed to get to Unova as soon as possible. Sooner he left for Unova, sooner he could look back at Snowpoint and Pineharbor.

"My vote is for Blood of Kyogre, Jakob says. "No point in milling around here when we don't need to. Anyways, sooner we leave, sooner we can start battling Gyms there."

passinglurker
2012-09-04, 10:48 PM
"Well no point loitering. I'll go inquire about fares with the Lightning Wailord captain you two can go see what the Blood of Kyogre charges"

heads for the Lightning Wailord's berth

planswalker
2012-09-04, 10:55 PM
The Lightning Wailord is a small, sleek ship designed to cut through the waves and reach its destination quickly. Asking a few burly dockhands reveals that the Captain is on deck. After promising that you'll stay out from underfoot as they prepare for tomorrow's departure, you're allowed aboard.

The captain himself is a tall, thin old man with wiry muscle clinging to his frame. He is wearing thick black pants and a heavy trench coat. He turns bright, clear blue eyes your way as you approach.

"Well, boy, what are you doing on my ship?"

Arcran
2012-09-04, 11:10 PM
Jakob holds back a snide comment. While he hated it when Devin tried to play leader, his friend meant well.

"Is that OK with you?" Jakob asks Alexia. If she says yes, he heads off with her to inquire about the fares on the Blood of Kyogre.

passinglurker
2012-09-04, 11:11 PM
"I'm just a traveler seeking passage to Unova for my self and 2 friends either as passengers or as deckhands sir" responds devin

planswalker
2012-09-04, 11:18 PM
Jakob holds back a snide comment. While he hated it when Devin tried to play leader, his friend meant well.

"Is that OK with you?" Jakob asks Alexia. If she says yes, he heads off with her to inquire about the fares on the Blood of Kyogre.

Assuming she does, the two of you head over to the Blood of Kyogre. It is a massive trading ship. At the moment, cranes are loading enormous crates onto the ship. Once on the deck, a team of crewmen using sawks are lifting them and taking them into the hold.

You easily spot a man who's clearly in charge by one of the ramps onto the boat.

"I'm just a traveler seeking passage to Unova for my self and 2 friends either as passengers or as deckhands sir" responds devin

"I don't give a free ride, and I've already hired all the crew I need. Passage is $3000 each, half of that will just be needed to buy provisions for you three. The rest will be your payment for the room you'll be taking up that I'd otherwise be able to load with cargo.

Don't have any use for people to take up resources on my ship unless you've the money to pay or can actually contribute to the ship's operations. I don't need to hire three people to scrub decks and haul buckets."

passinglurker
2012-09-04, 11:30 PM
"and how about culinary and poke'medical skills sir? as a botanist I can function well in either position"CHA check to convince the captain I'm worth something.
[roll0]

planswalker
2012-09-04, 11:34 PM
"Botanist, you say? Think you could manage some rare berries for me? I'd be willing to waive the fee for all three of you if you could grow me 1,000 of some of the rare berries I'll be hauling to my destination. Of course, you'd better be able to deliver then. If not, we'd have to re-negotiate payment then. It's not that I don't trust you, but like I said, I don't give free rides."

passinglurker
2012-09-04, 11:45 PM
"I trust you have growing facilities on-board cause I doubt this" *shows mobile berry planter* "will be able to crank out 1000 berries this year let alone over the few days to weeks of your voyage, but yes I am capable of multiplying your stock in route"

planswalker
2012-09-04, 11:54 PM
"I do indeed have a greenhouse on board my ship. It'll take me 3 weeks to get there, and I dare you to find a faster ship anywhere."

passinglurker
2012-09-05, 07:32 AM
"so on to the important questions then. what species of berry would I be growing? how many berries would I be starting with? and how many plants can your green house support at once?"

planswalker
2012-09-05, 07:58 AM
"I have a case of 100 lum berries I plan on selling in the markets when I get there. My greenhouse can hold 25 plants at once."

remember that you can also use your planter to help him. Also, keep in mind that you're likely to level up a time or two in the next 5 days should y'all go this route.

Arcran
2012-09-05, 08:50 AM
Jakob heads over to the man who seems to be in charge.

"Hey, I'm Jacob and this is Alexia," he says, gesturing at his friend. "We would like to know if you have some room on your ship left open for passengers," Jakob asks.

planswalker
2012-09-05, 09:04 AM
Jakob heads over to the man who seems to be in charge.

"Hey, I'm Jacob and this is Alexia," he says, gesturing at his friend. "We would like to know if you have some room on your ship left open for passengers," Jakob asks.

"I don't give free rides, if that's what you're after. I've got a busy schedule ahead of me with perishable cargo, so I won't make side trips for you. That said, this is a big ship. For the right price, I can always squeeze a few more aboard."

Arcran
2012-09-05, 01:45 PM
"I don't give free rides, if that's what you're after. I've got a busy schedule ahead of me with perishable cargo, so I won't make side trips for you. That said, this is a big ship. For the right price, I can always squeeze a few more aboard."

"How much are we talking?" Jakob asks, excited they'll allow passengers.

planswalker
2012-09-05, 01:47 PM
"Two thousand each. It'll be a two-month voyage, and I'll have buy provisions for each of you. The fare will be bland, but it'll do."

passinglurker
2012-09-05, 03:57 PM
"I have a case of 100 lum berries I plan on selling in the markets when I get there. My greenhouse can hold 25 plants at once."

remember that you can also use your planter to help him. Also, keep in mind that you're likely to level up a time or two in the next 5 days should y'all go this route.

"well sir assuming my friends also agree to the terms then you have yourself a botanist. Could I have your phone number so I can get a hold of you when I have an answer?"

planswalker
2012-09-05, 04:01 PM
"Of course." He gives you his number.

"I buy supplies in four days. I need your answer by then."

passinglurker
2012-09-05, 04:22 PM
"Thank you Sir I will get you that answer as soon as I can" says Devin as he leaves.

Devin returns to where they split up and shoots a message off to Jakob and Alexia.
-Lightning Wailord is normally ^3000 for a 3 week voyage, but I struck a deal with the captain where if I grow him a bunch of rare berries he'll let us ride for free :) we pay the difference if I don't grow enough but that still puts this boat in our price range what do you guy's think?-

musicalbookworm
2012-09-05, 05:27 PM
Alexia, having followed Jakob to the Blood of Kyogre, is somewhat surprised at the price, but then again, knowing nothing about that kind of thing she figures it's probably reasonable. Still, just paying for her own passage would eat up most of her cash, and she's not sure that Devin or Jakob have enough to pay for their own.
She wonders how much the captain of the Lightning Wailord is asking for; if it's near the same price they'll have to raise money somehow before Saturday.

"$2,000? Is there anything else we could trade for passage?"

Just as she says this, she receives a message on her 'dex. Not wanting to appear rude, she does her best to ignore it.

planswalker
2012-09-05, 05:39 PM
"Well, that depends. What skills do you have?"

musicalbookworm
2012-09-05, 05:48 PM
"Oh, um well, our other friend is a botanist and a breeder and all three of us are registered Pokemon trainers…"

Alexia looks at Jakob for suggestions.

planswalker
2012-09-05, 05:49 PM
"Trainers you say? I take it you've got your first gym badge, then?"

musicalbookworm
2012-09-05, 05:51 PM
"Yes, we've just come from the Snowpoint City Gym"
She shows him her Icycle Badge

Arcran
2012-09-05, 05:57 PM
"Alexia is a Psychic. She could use telekinesis and... stuff," Jakob says, trying to think of any other use. "She's good with Psychic Pokemon too, she could probably help train any you have. I'm a decent trainer and really good with Dragons; if you have any Pokemon that you want to get some training, I could try to do that for you."

Jakob thinks for a second, coming up blank. He had no idea what he could do other than that.

"I have a Hail TM if you'd take part of the price in merchandise. I'll do anything you want; scrub floors, clean toilets, anything," Jakob says. He was going to get on this boat if it was the last thing he did. He only had ^500, so unless he talked the price down, it might be a late night.

Jakob resists the urge to check his phone as well.

Jakob also shows the Captain his Gym Badge.

planswalker
2012-09-05, 09:20 PM
"Well, there's this big red gyarados en route to Cinnabar. If y'all can catch it for me, the trip's free. $500 each up front for the cost of a trip to Cinnabar; all the way to Unova free and I refund the $500 if you catch me the Old Man of the Sea."

musicalbookworm
2012-09-05, 10:08 PM
"A g-gyarados?"
Alexia tried not to show her doubt, fearing that the captain would lose his confidence in them and take back his offer. Still, a gyarados? They could probably do it if they all worked together, but what if they couldn't? $500 was still a lot, but it was a lot less than his previous offer.
Alexia decided to see what Devin thought, so she pulled out her phone.
"Thank you sir, let me get in contact with our other traveling companion before we make a decision"
After pulling out her phone, she finally reads Devin's message about passage on the Lightning Wailord.
"Um, Jakob have you seen this?" She turns her phone around so he can see the screen

Arcran
2012-09-05, 10:59 PM
"Well, there's this big red gyarados en route to Cinnabar. If y'all can catch it for me, the trip's free. $500 each up front for the cost of a trip to Cinnabar; all the way to Unova free and I refund the $500 if you catch me the Old Man of the Sea."

A somewhat mad grin crosses Jakob's face at the mention of the big Gyarados. He may not be a powerful trainer, but he knew that would be a prize, the ultimate catch. The idea of the likelihood of being devoured by the thing doesn't even cross his mind. The fact that he can't even come close to hitting for Super Effective Damage doesn't cross his mind. All he thinks about is that he has a way out and the chance to catch a powerful Pokemon.

"We have a deal," he says, shaking the man's hand before thinking about his friends.

"That is, if Alex is fine with it."

Jakob looks over the message.

"Please Alex? These guys leave tomorrow," he says, trying to pull a pleading look and failing miserably.

musicalbookworm
2012-09-05, 11:12 PM
"Oh, um I guess so…"
Not wanting to contradict Jakob openly, especially when he is apperentally so eager, Alex sends a message to Devin:

Hey Devin :)
Jakob and I kind of accepted the captain of the Blood of Kyogre's deal that he just made us that if we caught this Gyarados that's been bothering him, we could get passage for $500 each. But if you really like the Lightning Wailord, we could still back out if you want. Anyway, we should probably talk in person, so could you maybe meet us here at the Blood of Kyogre?

passinglurker
2012-09-05, 11:12 PM
While waiting for Alexia's and Jakob's response Devin mulls over some math in his head to figure out the chances of actually growing that many berries. he doesn't like his odds and decides to give the captain a call to make sure they are on the same page

ring-ring-ring! ring-ring-ring! phone call! phone call! man I love my ring tone

musicalbookworm
2012-09-05, 11:22 PM
Frowning slightly when Devin didn't respond, Alex turned to Jakob.
"Do you think we should maybe meet back up with Devin? He said he was waiting back where we first split up"

Arcran
2012-09-05, 11:25 PM
"It could be a good idea," Jakob says.

After the Captain's response, Jakob speaks. "We'll be right back. We just need to make sure the last person in our group is OK with it," Jakob says, heading back to where the group first met when Alex is ready.

planswalker
2012-09-05, 11:26 PM
The three of you are together again.

passinglurker
2012-09-05, 11:40 PM
Devin waves at his friends as they approach still listening to his phone ring. ZOOR is on the ground staring suspiciously at a pile of snow ZII is forming into a snowman.

Arcran
2012-09-05, 11:45 PM
"Blood of Kyogre is offering us a trip for ^500 each. Only stipulation is that if we encounter a Red Gyarados that roams the oceans we catch it. I say we take the offer; it's good."

passinglurker
2012-09-05, 11:53 PM
Devin leaves a message on the answering machine and turns to Jakob "so let me get this straight. You want to take the slower more expensive boat who is only offering us a discount if we risk life and limb to catch a living legend of a pokemon. Is he even going to let us keep it?"

musicalbookworm
2012-09-05, 11:56 PM
Trying to remain neutral, Alex inserted"Well, the captain did seem really nice..."

Arcran
2012-09-06, 12:08 AM
Devin leaves a message on the answering machine and turns to Jakob "so let me get this straight. You want to take the slower more expensive boat who is only offering us a discount if we risk life and limb to catch a living legend of a pokemon. Is he even going to let us keep it?"

"Does that matter? We leave tomorrow with it. Do you know how famous we'll be if we capture it, even if we don't get to keep it? We'd be instantly well known. Anyways, it's free if we catch it. Anyways, we could see Cinnabar. They have a Fire Gym there, right? That's more training for us while they refuel. And if it's a little slower, think of it as more time to train."

"Anyways, sooner we leave, the better."

passinglurker
2012-09-06, 10:32 AM
Devin just couldn't understand his friends logic the boat he found was safer, faster, and potentially cheaper. Why would he want to even consider any other option. Devin then looked over at his pokemon. ZII had just completed its little snow man by using itself as the head and arms and was now flapping its arms to get everyone's attention to show off.

It was really adorable and it made Dave remember what he went through to meet ZII. In particular how he had insisted on taking a "short cut" through a zubat cave and accidentally sealed everyone inside when he missed a zubat and hit the ceiling instead with dragon rage. And then after wondering around for days they found their way out of the cave but onto a high cliff with no way down. Also on the cliff was a family of drifloon and a drifblim who were being harassed by the zubats from the cave. They helped fight off the zubats and in return the drifloons floated every one down and the drifblim left them with an egg. ZII's egg"You know what? Whats life without brave, foolhardy, and reckless Adventure? lets do it. Besides I owe you for the 'zubat indecent' anyway"

planswalker
2012-09-06, 12:09 PM
A flock of pidove lead by a mated pair of tranquil come to roost on the edge of a nearby building. Ya'll see them coming and are able to scan both species before they come to roost.

planswalker
2012-09-06, 12:17 PM
A flock of pidove lead by a mated pair of tranquil come to roost on the edge of a nearby building. Ya'll see them coming and are able to scan both species before they come to roost.

Arcran
2012-09-06, 01:34 PM
Jakob looks at the birds with more than passing interest. He considers having Avu attack but thinks better of it. He'd probably need his friends help and didn't want to ask.

"Blood of Kyogre it is! We should probably tell the captain."

passinglurker
2012-09-06, 02:03 PM
Devin eyes the birds with great intrest and says in an attempt to cover up his motives from them
"uh... Yes let us walk away from this spot and to that boat over there where the captain is because there is nothing of interest over here" he then leans over to Jakob and Alexia and whispers "what do you say we start filling out our rosters now that we can have more than two at a time"

Arcran
2012-09-06, 07:24 PM
"They're not doing anything to us," Jakob says, deciding that perhaps it wouldn't me most prudent to attack them when they are on a wooden building when the only ranged attack he has makes fire. "We'll have plenty of time to train and catch new Pokemon on the boat."

musicalbookworm
2012-09-06, 09:39 PM
Alexia, having scanned the pidove and tranquil as they approached, agrees with Devin; now that they can have more than two- and especially if they're going to have to face a gyarados- she likes the idea of catching as many Pokemon as possible.
"Well, I k-kinda want to try catch one. If you don't want one, Jakob, m-maybe you could talk to the captain and Devin and I will catch up with you there?"

Arcran
2012-09-06, 09:49 PM
Jakob can't help but sigh a little, but if both of his friends were going to battle then he didn't have much of a choice, did he?

"Alright, I'll take the Tranquil, you two handle the Pidove. Fair?" he asks, trying to count their numbers.

musicalbookworm
2012-09-06, 10:09 PM
Alexia was glad that Jakob would be helping them. It just didn't seem right to split the group right before a battle, but she really wanted one of those pidove.
"Thank you Jakob" she smiled at him

Arcran
2012-09-06, 10:19 PM
Jakob blushes a little as she thanks him.

"I- It's nothing. Avu does all the work anyways," he says, looking at his feet.

The Charmeleon growls a little at this.

"Well, you do!"

planswalker
2012-09-06, 10:19 PM
There are six pidove and two tranquil on the edge of the rooftop.

passinglurker
2012-09-06, 10:30 PM
"ok if we go for the Tranquill we are probably going to need the pair one might take being separated from the other rough, and that is going to make both training and breeding hard"

Arcran
2012-09-06, 10:48 PM
"Alright Avu, show them what we've got," Jakob says. The Charmeleon gives a wolf- er, reptilian grin, his tail flaring brighter. He prepares to blast them, and is cut short by Jakob's outstretched arm.

"Wait."

Jakob can't help but think that violence might not be the best method here though. Maybe he could get one to join without violence?

"Hey, birds!" he says, holding out a Pokemon. "How about one of you guys flies down here and joins up with us? Ditch this boring town, have some fun?" he says, trying to sound nice.

If they say no, moving target practice is always good.

Avu instead glares at them, specifically the male, a puff of smoke trailing from his maw. His eyes burn almost as hot as his tail, boring holes into his first target should they refuse.

Intimidate on the Male as well.

passinglurker
2012-09-06, 10:51 PM
at this point ZII frustrated it can't get more attention from the humans trys to get the birds attention and show off its architectural achievement

planswalker
2012-09-06, 10:54 PM
The pair of tranquil approach Avu and circle overhead warily.

The pidove look curiously at the funny little baloon and flit over to the snowman.

Arcran
2012-09-06, 11:01 PM
"Get ready to shoot."

"Come on, you can both come with us!" Jakob shouts, holding up another Pokeball. He looks through the 'dex, trying to find something to argue with.

"You're Unovan birds, right? We're heading there. How about you join up with us, head that direction with us? Help each other out?"

Avu simply glares. He wanted to blast the damn birds, but Jakob was being stupid.

planswalker
2012-09-06, 11:02 PM
cha check, please.

Arcran
2012-09-06, 11:03 PM
[roll0]
Unfortunate CHA check.

planswalker
2012-09-06, 11:05 PM
They land in front of you, looking at you curiously.

Arcran
2012-09-06, 11:08 PM
Just get in the damn Pokeballs.

"Comeon. There's enough room for both of you," he says, setting the Pokeballs on the ground. "Just press the button. It won't hurt."

planswalker
2012-09-06, 11:10 PM
Catching on, they tap the buttons and are absorbed in.

still want 2 capture rolls for them. Them going in willingly give significant bonuses to the capture rolls, but there's just a bit of inherent resistance needed to tame a wild pokemon.

Arcran
2012-09-06, 11:14 PM
The balls try to contain the wild Pokemon!

[roll0]
[roll1]

passinglurker
2012-09-06, 11:14 PM
Devin notices a bunch of the pidoves flock over to ZII. "you never cease to impress me ZII do you think you can find a member of your new fan club that's willing to come with us?" ZII nods and then through a series of sounds, flailing gestures, and back flips try's to convey to the birds a simple message "that guy makes me happy"

planswalker
2012-09-06, 11:17 PM
The two balls bounce and wiggle, one significantly longer than the other, but both come to a rest.

The pidove stare at the balloon, mesmerized but completely uncomprehending.

Arcran
2012-09-06, 11:25 PM
Jakob grins, picking up the two Pokeballs. Trying to remember which contained the female, he tosses it to Alexia.

"Catch. One bird, hand delivered from a very attractive trainer," he says, before realizing how ridiculous it sounded.

"From a friend," he tries to correct, but too late.

The Charmeleon rolls his eyes at his trainers horrible attempts at romance before looking longingly at the flying Pidove.

Stats on birds?

passinglurker
2012-09-06, 11:27 PM
"don't worry ZII at least one person gets the message" he walks up and gives the baloon a warm but gentle hug(it is a balloon after all he doesn't want to pop it) "I'm glad I make you happy" ZOOR starts jumping at Devins leg wanting a hug to "don't worry ZOOR I haven't forgot about you" he picks up the dragon "know what we should do before we leave? go out on to the route find some berries and and make a big ole snow man together what do you say?" the 2 mon nod rapidly and happily.

planswalker
2012-09-06, 11:29 PM
One of the pidove, more bold than the rest, comes over and tries to join the hug.

passinglurker
2012-09-06, 11:33 PM
"oh you want to come after all eh?" he takes out a pokeball and holds it up to the bird "your choice just press the button if you want to join the family"

planswalker
2012-09-06, 11:33 PM
It taps the ball.

capture roll, please

passinglurker
2012-09-06, 11:35 PM
the ball attempts to absorb the pidovecapture:[roll0]

planswalker
2012-09-07, 12:39 AM
The pidove is absorbed in... and just barely manages to not shatter.

lvl 10, female, proud, big pecks

passinglurker
2012-09-07, 10:31 AM
Devin then lets the pidove back out and joins it into the group hug "I think I'll call you VIING that's an old word my grandpa knew" the pidove likes the name and hugs back. Devin still embraceing his pokemon wriggles his Dex out and shoots a text off to the lightning wailord captain.

-won't be coming after all for bold and reckless adventure has called and me and my friends must answer-

Devin then turns to Jakob and Alexia and says "well if we are done here we should go pay the captain I just promised these 3 a snowman building trip and I would like to do it while the day is still young"

musicalbookworm
2012-09-07, 08:32 PM
"Thanks..."
Alexia accepts the Pokeball from Jakob, but would rather have caught it herself. She is trying so hard to learn to do things for herself, and right after asserting her opinion about the birds, she let someone else do all the hard work capturing one for her. It feels like going backwards.
Still, she tries to be grateful, especially since thanks to her slow reaction, she probably wouldn't even have another Pokemon were it not for Jakob.
Trying to sound more sincere, she repeated herself "Thank you, friend"
Turning to include Devin, and, feeling a bit bold, Alexia asks "Well, what are we waiting for?" and starts off towards the Kyogre, trying not to look behind to make sure the other two are following

planswalker
2012-09-07, 08:34 PM
The three of you arrive, and the captain says, "So, this is your friend? I assume you've told him of the deal. So, what will the answer be?"

passinglurker
2012-09-07, 08:37 PM
BEFORE THE POST IMMEDIATELY ABOVE

releasing his embrace Devin says loudly "Yes ONWARD! to our glory or deaths at sea! preferably the former!" he then follows with a Pidove perched on his helmet, a Drifloon holding on by the hood of his cloak, and an Axew tucked under one arm.

musicalbookworm
2012-09-07, 08:44 PM
Looking nervously at either of her companions, Alexia answered "Yes, yes and (she takes a small breath) we accept. What forms of payment do you accept?"

planswalker
2012-09-07, 08:46 PM
"I have an electronic reader. I assume you have didgital accounts set up through the League you can access with your pokedexes, right?"

yes you do. I don't want to have to bother with y'all keeping up with cash.

passinglurker
2012-09-07, 08:51 PM
"yes of course" responds Devin "also are you carrying any berries or apricorns on this voyage they may prove use full in capturing the beast and I can replenish your stock with my mobile planter"

planswalker
2012-09-07, 08:55 PM
"My cargo's mechanical parts for Cinnabar, but we'll be picking up spices there. Some of my crew my have an apricorn or two. Feel free to ask around."

He collects the $500 from each of you.

"Hopefully, kids, this will just be a short-term loan."

musicalbookworm
2012-09-07, 09:10 PM
Knowing that both of her friends were likely to be a little short on cash but unwilling to ask for help if they did need it, Alexia gave her 'dex to the captain, saying "I'll pay for all three of us" and, turning to the two of them "You guys don't mind, do you?"

passinglurker
2012-09-07, 09:13 PM
"thanks" whispers devin

"my sentiments as well sir" and with that he turns to the nearest crewman holds up his planter and shouts "HEY! masculine hansom sailor person got any spare apricorns? I can grow a bunch to pay you back"

planswalker
2012-09-07, 09:18 PM
"You're looking for Little Jimmy. He collects weird nuts." he says, doing his best to communicate stop bothering me and go bother him.

passinglurker
2012-09-07, 09:24 PM
Devin turns back to the captain "so where can i find the crewman by the name of little jimmy?"

planswalker
2012-09-07, 09:47 PM
"That would be the ship's cook. I believe he's currently out buying supplies. He'll be back before sunset."

passinglurker
2012-09-07, 09:55 PM
"alright then I'm off to treat my pokemon to some snowman building fun while there is still snow within arms reach" he turns to Jakob and Alexia "you guys coming?"

musicalbookworm
2012-09-07, 10:00 PM
"S-sure, sounds like fun" Alexia smiles and follows him, finding the prospect to sound immensely enjoyable.

planswalker
2012-09-07, 10:02 PM
There is snow all around you.

passinglurker
2012-09-07, 10:05 PM
Devin heads out onto the nearest route in search of an undisturbed patch of snow while simultaneously looking for berrieshealer berry/ideal snowman snow search! :D [roll0]

planswalker
2012-09-07, 10:10 PM
You don't find any berries, but there's a TERRIFIC snowbank nearby.

passinglurker
2012-09-07, 10:34 PM
"alright then lets get started" Devin kneels down and starts rolling a snow ball before passing it to ZOOR who looks at it suspiciously "your going to have to trust me just roll it along till its bigger than you it will be fun" reassured ZOOR starts nudging the ball along. Devin then does the same with ZII and adds "once we get the big pieces rolled up you can start forming and shaping it". He then turns to VIING "can you go find some branches for the arms and nuts to decorate with? if you can't fly with them don't worry there isn't any rush" Devin and his mons then start turning out snow men like a factory with Devin directing, ZOOR rolling, ZII shaping, and VIING gathering arms and nuts

musicalbookworm
2012-09-07, 10:39 PM
Alexia gathers up a snowball and tries to sneak over to Devin to shove it down the back of his shirt, but he notices well before she gets there, so she throws it at him instead

passinglurker
2012-09-07, 10:49 PM
Devin pulls his helmet lower to try to shield himself from the first snowball before playfully returning in kind

planswalker
2012-09-07, 10:52 PM
The two of you start a snowball fight. Your pokemon join in.

musicalbookworm
2012-09-07, 10:53 PM
Alexia gathers another snowball while sending a telepathic message to Manuela to throw a snowball at Devin from behind

passinglurker
2012-09-07, 11:00 PM
Devin starts redirecting his mon to form a fort
"ZII expand! give us some cover" the drifloon blows it self up(inflatable capability) to be big enough to hide behind
"VIING kick up a flurry and suppress them while we set up" the pidove starts sending harmless but snow filled gusts(guster capability) down range to throw off their aim
"ZOOR help me push up some walls" the Axew starts using his axe like head to shovel and pile up snow

musicalbookworm
2012-09-07, 11:12 PM
Alexia, in response, tells her tranquill "Rosita, counter his snow flurries with your own" and telepathically tells Nicandro to dig a tunnel through the snow that comes up behind Devin's fort (but not to dig to the surface yet) and Manuela to help her distract them while Nicandro is digging.

passinglurker
2012-09-07, 11:34 PM
with the walls up devin starts phase 2

"ZII get in here and help ZOOR make ammo" ZII returns to normal size and ducks behind the walls next to ZOOR as the two start cranking out snowballs which devin starts picking up and throwing .

"VIING start picking up these snowballs and dropping them from above" VIING grabs a snow ball and soars into the air.

planswalker
2012-09-07, 11:36 PM
Unfortunately, the mated pair of tranquill who had only been caught in the last few minutes get distracted by each other. They fly off to breed.

one of y'all make a breeding check.

passinglurker
2012-09-07, 11:46 PM
Devin starts laughing as he sees the two birds fly away with obvious intentions. he laughs so hard he falls over backwards into his fort the next time he is seen over the walls he his holding a white sock on a stick
"no more! hee hee hee! no more! I surrender! hee hee ha! I am defeated by the comedic timing of your pokemon!" *breath* "ha ha ha hee ha!"

musicalbookworm
2012-09-07, 11:50 PM
"Rosita!" Alexia calls after the tranquill, but the pokemon doesn't respond.
She frowns slightly, trying to be upset, but his laughter is too infectious, and she quickly joins in.

Arcran
2012-09-08, 12:10 AM
Knowing that both of her friends were likely to be a little short on cash but unwilling to ask for help if they did need it, Alexia gave her 'dex to the captain, saying "I'll pay for all three of us" and, turning to the two of them "You guys don't mind, do you?"

Jakob flat out refuses to allow her to pay; he is adamant in this. He has the money, he'll pay himself.

Snowball Fight
Jakob elects to not join in with the fight, simply watching with a small grin on his face. He lets out his Tranquill, planning to talk to his newest member, but it flies off almost immediately to make an egg. He continues to watch for a little while, but eventually gets bored. Avu is getting restless as well, melting icicles like he often does when so. Without alerting his friends he slips away, heading towards the docks. If they were going to fight a Gyarados, evolving Mara would be an extremely useful idea. Upon arrival, he looks for any disturbances in the water to locate a possible fight.

Percep" [roll0]

planswalker
2012-09-08, 12:32 AM
You don't notice the fish until it jumps out and nibbles on your toe. It is a large orange and white fish pokemon with a horn.

Arcran
2012-09-08, 12:40 AM
You don't notice the fish until it jumps out and nibbles on your toe. It is a large orange and white fish pokemon with a horn.

Jakob grins and lets Mara out into the water.

"Alright girl, show me what you've got. Take out this fish!"

Mara swims forward, going in for a mighty Tackle!

AC: 3 [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Crit: [roll2]

planswalker
2012-09-08, 12:57 AM
You strike it a solid blow.

It splashes around in the water making sport.

random die roll says water sport.

btw, you ARE scanning it, right?

Arcran
2012-09-08, 02:22 AM
Sorry, forgot to specifically state it.

Jakob scans the Pokemon as the battle continues.

"Alright Mara, let's go around for another hit!"

[roll2]

planswalker
2012-09-08, 02:25 AM
You miss, and the thing emits supersonic waves, confusing poor Mara.

Arcran
2012-09-08, 09:54 AM
"Comeon Mara, you're better than that! Make another pass!"

Confusion: [roll0] 11+ can act.
AC: 3 [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Crot" [roll3]

planswalker
2012-09-08, 11:58 AM
She hurts herself for 3 and the thing pecks her, but misses.

passinglurker
2012-09-08, 01:21 PM
Devin gasping for breath from all the laughing, starts talking "ok.. ok.. I think I'm good. I've been thinking if we are going to take on a gyarados then we are going to need more electric types so I was thinking of searching around a transformer station or something" turns to VIING and ZII "sorry guys but your going to have to sit this one out" he returns the two pokemon to thier balls and then turns to ZOOR "ready to go?" the Axew nods and leads the way back to town picking up shove fulls of snow with its axe like head and tossing them about as he goesroll for wilds (and I guess finding a high voltage place where electric mons can be found) [roll0]

planswalker
2012-09-08, 01:36 PM
that 2 is very lucky

You search near the transformers and notice a tangled mess of wires that seems to be acting on its own. They glow faintly.

passinglurker
2012-09-08, 02:14 PM
"well thats new" devin scans the mass of wires to figure out if it is a pokemon or a pokemon trapped in a mess of wires

Arcran
2012-09-08, 03:51 PM
Jakob grimaces as his Magikarp hurts herself.

"Comon girl, it's not that hard! Tackle!"

Confusion" [roll0]
Crit: [roll3]

planswalker
2012-09-08, 06:53 PM
"well thats new" devin scans the mass of wires to figure out if it is a pokemon or a pokemon trapped in a mess of wires

Your dex shows that it scanned pokemon called Rotom, a little orange thing. By your best guess, it must be inside the wires somehow.

Jakob grimaces as his Magikarp hurts herself.

"Comon girl, it's not that hard! Tackle!"

Confusion" [roll0]

She hurts herself. again.

The goldeen puts a nice coat of water over Mara. Any fire pokemon that comes close to these two will be quite frustrated.

Arcran
2012-09-08, 08:31 PM
Jakob clenches his fists in frustration.

"Mara! She's right there! Muking hit it!"

The Magikarp flops around in the water. Perhaps her random flailing could hit?

Confusion: [roll0]

planswalker
2012-09-08, 08:33 PM
Mara snaps out of confusion, hits it, and brings it down pretty low.

It tries to confuse Mara with another supersonic attack, but fails.

Arcran
2012-09-08, 08:42 PM
"You're doing good Mara! Let's finish this one!"

planswalker
2012-09-08, 09:03 PM
You knock it out.

Mara gains 100 xp.

passinglurker
2012-09-08, 09:33 PM
"looks like its our lucky day ZOOR" he readies a pokeball "here is the plan you chop it and ill throw a pokeball if we are lucky this will be quick"ZOOR uses dual chop, devin makes capture attempt after the attack
move: dual chop, dragon
Hit: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

capture attempt: [roll2]

planswalker
2012-09-08, 09:40 PM
Zoor nearly fells it in one hit, but the ball doesn't capture it.

The wires go limp and the rotom appears!

passinglurker
2012-09-08, 09:43 PM
Devin tries againcapture: [roll0]

passinglurker
2012-09-08, 09:56 PM
(no matter what the rotom does short of escape)

following in a desperate attempt at capture devin continues his barrage of pokeballs capture:[roll0]

Arcran
2012-09-08, 10:01 PM
Jakob grins as Mara wins.

"Alright girl, let's keep going. You need to get much stronger if you're going to fight a Gyarados."

And he searches for more fishies.

planswalker
2012-09-08, 10:42 PM
Devin tries againcapture: [roll0]

your ball fails, and it uses thunder wave to paralyze ZOOR.

(no matter what the rotom does short of escape)

following in a desperate attempt at capture devin continues his barrage of pokeballs capture:[roll0]

you again have it burst from the ball and this time, your axew gets a confuse ray to the face.

you'll need to roll confusion roll for Zoor if you keep him out.

if you don't, then the rotom will start attacking you instead of your 'mon.

Jakob grins as Mara wins.

"Alright girl, let's keep going. You need to get much stronger if you're going to fight a Gyarados."

And he searches for more fishies.

You face... a magikarp. It is faster than yours and splashes around uselessly.

passinglurker
2012-09-08, 10:46 PM
"Just keep tanking ZOOR we almost have him!" throws another pokeballcapture [roll0]
confusion [roll1]

planswalker
2012-09-08, 10:48 PM
Zoor hurts himself for 3 and your capture roll fails again.

The wild Rotom astonishes Zoor. It deals [roll0] damage.

Arcran
2012-09-08, 10:55 PM
"Alright Mara, this should be easy! Tackle!"

passinglurker
2012-09-08, 10:59 PM
"your doing good boy you make your ancestors proud" keeps throwingcapture[roll0]
confusion[roll1]

planswalker
2012-09-08, 10:59 PM
You deal 7 damage to it, and it...

splashes around uselessly.

Arcran
2012-09-08, 11:02 PM
"Keep going!"

Tackle
Ac: 3 [roll0]
Ac: 3 [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]
Crit: [roll5]
Ac: 3 [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]
Crit: [roll8]
Ac: 3 [roll9]
Damage: [roll10]
Crit: [roll11]

planswalker
2012-09-08, 11:08 PM
"your doing good boy you make your ancestors proud" keeps throwingcapture[roll0]
confusion[roll1]

you don't capture it, but Zoor doesn't hurt herself.

The rotom thundershocks you, but misses.

planswalker
2012-09-08, 11:10 PM
"Keep going!"

Tackle
Ac: 3 [roll0]
Ac: 3 [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]
Crit: [roll5]
Ac: 3 [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]
Crit: [roll8]
Ac: 3 [roll9]
Damage: [roll10]
Crit: [roll11]

Your next tackle knocks it out.

100 xp.

passinglurker
2012-09-08, 11:15 PM
Devin breaths in the smell of electrified air "Yes the thrill of battle! not much like it" and another throwconfusion [roll0]
capture [roll1]

planswalker
2012-09-08, 11:28 PM
Devin breaths in the smell of electrified air "Yes the thrill of battle! not much like it" and another throwconfusion [roll0]
capture [roll1]

Axew hurts itself and your ball explodes.

It astonishes and flinches your axew critically for [roll0]

musicalbookworm
2012-09-08, 11:32 PM
After Devin and Jakob each head off in separate directions, Alexia begins strolling along with Nicandro and Manuela when she hears Devin yell out. Unable to tell why, she runs over to see what the matter is.

"What is it? What's going on?" she asks him

Arcran
2012-09-08, 11:34 PM
Jakob returns Mara.

"Nice job girl," he says grinning. Maybe ge should find Devin and-

Then he hears Devin's stupid battlecry.

"Wonder what trainer is stuck fighting him," he mutters to himself, walking towards the source.

planswalker
2012-09-08, 11:35 PM
You see him struggle to catch an electrical orange floating pokemon while that 'mon slowly tears Zoor apart.

passinglurker
2012-09-08, 11:37 PM
devin recalls ZOOR as he falls and tilts his helm down he is dead serious now and shouts at the top of his lungs "YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFY ME!? I AM DEVIN KEEN DRAGON BREEDER! AND I WILL CAPTURE YOU!!!"epic capture attempt [roll0]

musicalbookworm
2012-09-08, 11:37 PM
"Oh Zoor!" quickly, Alexia throws a pokeball to try to capture the wild 'mon before it can deal any more damage, Manuela looking eager to join the fight
[roll0]

planswalker
2012-09-08, 11:39 PM
devin recalls ZOOR as he falls and tilts his helm down he is dead serious now and shouts at the top of his lungs "YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFY ME!? I AM DEVIN KEEN DRAGON BREEDER! AND I WILL CAPTURE YOU!!!"epic capture attempt [roll0]

Your shouting seems to have worked.

you are now the frazzled owner of a lvl 5 lazy rotom.

rotom are a neuter species.

"Oh Zoor!" quickly, Alexia throws a pokeball to try to capture the wild 'mon before it can deal any more damage, Manuela looking eager to join the fight
[roll0]

Before you throw the ball, Devin starts ranting and his ball flies through the air, absorbs the 'mon, and stops without even a wiggle.

musicalbookworm
2012-09-08, 11:46 PM
"I'm so g-glad you caught it; is Zoor ok?" Alexia asks anxiously, concerned for the Pokemon's wellness.

passinglurker
stress, battered, and tired devin walk through his path of broken balls and picks up his new catch. he stares at it a moment before lifting it high and shouting "WORLD I JUST CAUGHT A ROTOM!" he then breaks into his victory dance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4bYnUsAvn0&feature=player_detailpage#t=91s)

Arcran
Jakob sees his friend capture the electric Pokemon.

"What were you yelling about you big oaf?" he says teasingly.

musicalbookworm
2012-09-08, 11:52 PM
"Oh, you should have seen it Jakob, he was amazing!" Alexia gushed and sighs just a little, then, realizing what she just did, blushes slightly. "I mean, it was pretty cool, but I really only saw the last bit, so you know..."

passinglurker
2012-09-08, 11:53 PM
suddenly realizing his friends are there "uh how much of that did you guys see?"

Arcran
2012-09-09, 12:00 AM
Jakob tries to ignore Alex gushing. What did she see in him?

"Not much, hence the question," he says with a chuckle.

passinglurker
2012-09-09, 01:22 PM
"well err... I was just trying to catch an electric for when we take on that gyarados" looks at broken pokeballs strewn on the ground "speaking of which we might want to find something better than these basic balls to catch it with. Maybe some one should ask the captain about that" he picks up the broken balls thinking there might be a place around to fix them "now I need to get to a poke'center and make sure ZOOR is alright" and with that he departs.

planswalker
2012-09-09, 01:40 PM
The pokecenter will heal your 'mons for free. It takes you about an hour to do so.

passinglurker
2012-09-09, 02:02 PM
Devin sits down calls out ZOOR and holds him close for a minute before calmly saying "I'm sorry I cut things so close little guy. I shouldn't have let that happen" he looks ZOOR in the eye "I promise you when we go up against that gyarados I will put the safety of you and our friends above my own and above catching the beast. no new mon is worth a friend" after a moments pause ZOOR gives him a big dragon lick and a smile returns to Devins face.

Arcran
2012-09-09, 02:33 PM
While Devin heads to the Pokemon Center, Jakob goes back to the docks to train.

"Alex, want to come train or are your Pokemon hurt?" he asks, hoping she'll say yes. "I'm just going to run Mara through some drills."

musicalbookworm
2012-09-09, 03:53 PM
Alexia smiles at him; some training does sound like a good idea
"Sure, sounds great"

planswalker
2012-09-09, 04:00 PM
The two of you train your pokemon for about an hour. Each of you gets 450 xp to split up among your pokemon as you see fit.

Arcran
2012-09-09, 04:10 PM
Jakob spends the entire time focusing on Mara, forcing her to swim fast, jump high, and work hard. By the end the fish is heaving in exhaustion, about to collapse but still somehow musters the energy to splash the two.

Jakob chuckles. "You did good girl. You can rest for a bit," he says, returning the fish.

"You wanna go get something to eat?"

passinglurker
2012-09-09, 08:49 PM
outside the poke'center Devin introduces the rotom to his other pokemon. the rotom being naturally curious plays along with the idea of being a trainer mon and accepts the name of QO devin with a crazy idea in mind heads off into the city in search of a scrap yard.

planswalker
2012-09-09, 08:50 PM
He indeed finds such a location. The guy at the front station says, "What's a kid like you want here?"

planswalker
2012-09-09, 08:52 PM
glitchbreaker

musicalbookworm
2012-09-09, 10:39 PM
Alexia has Manuela and Nicandro doing endurance exercises and practicing their physical moves against piles of snow. Though neither is quite as exhausted as Mara seems to be, both are tired out, so Alexia returns them to let them rest.
"Something to eat does sound nice" And, as an afterthough "I do hope Devin isn't getting into more trouble"

passinglurker
2012-09-09, 10:43 PM
Devin shows the man his rotom "just wondering if I can give the little guy here some target practice with the stuff that's going to get melted down any way and maybe buy an old fan if there is one he takes a liking to"

planswalker
2012-09-09, 10:44 PM
"Sure thing. I'm sure we can negotiate the price of any scrap you take a fancy to."

Arcran
2012-09-09, 10:44 PM
Alexia has Manuela and Nicandro doing endurance exercises and practicing their physical moves against piles of snow. Though neither is quite as exhausted as Mara seems to be, both are tired out, so Alexia returns them to let them rest.
"Something to eat does sound nice" And, as an afterthough "I do hope Devin isn't getting into more trouble"

"Awesome!" Jakob says excitedly, pulling out his Pokedex and searching for nearby restaurants. No Devin, just him and her.

passinglurker
2012-09-09, 10:50 PM
QO darts into the scrap yard like a kid in a candy store and almost instantly picks out an old desk fan and posses it. they then spend the next hour training with devin throwing up targets for the rotom to thundershock. as they leave devin asks the man for a price.

planswalker
2012-09-09, 10:56 PM
"Awesome!" Jakob says excitedly, pulling out his Pokedex and searching for nearby restaurants. No Devin, just him and her.

There are a variety of restaurants available, most serving acrtic seafood.

QO darts into the scrap yard like a kid in a candy store and almost instantly picks out an old desk fan and posses it. they then spend the next hour training with devin throwing up targets for the rotom to thundershock. as they leave devin asks the man for a price.

150 xp for Rotom. It scales with the level of the 'mon training.

"That thing? $200"

Arcran
2012-09-09, 10:57 PM
"Seafood good?" Jakob asks. If she says yes, he heads to the nearest joint. If she says no, he waits for her to suggest something.

passinglurker
2012-09-10, 10:36 AM
Devin engages haggle mode and takes out 2 broken pokeballs "How about ^50 and these two instead. You can probably get them repaired for ^100 each or less and sell them for full price to the next kid who comes poking around for steel types or target practice that would bring your profit from our exchange to ^250. sound good?"

musicalbookworm
2012-09-10, 12:06 PM
Alexia hated having to make decisions, so she was grateful Jakob was taking the lead in where to eat.
"Seafood's fine"

planswalker
2012-09-10, 12:38 PM
Devin engages haggle mode and takes out 2 broken pokeballs "How about ^50 and these two instead. You can probably get them repaired for ^100 each or less and sell them for full price to the next kid who comes poking around for steel types or target practice that would bring your profit from our exchange to ^250. sound good?"

"Listen, kid, I'm a junk dealer, not a pokemart. Keep your trash; I've got enough of my own. I have litter like that come in all the time. $199"

passinglurker
2012-09-10, 12:41 PM
"then how about we make this interesting with a friendly poke'battle. you win i'll pay you 200 and you can keep the fan but if I win the fan is ^50"

passinglurker
2012-09-10, 12:42 PM
Glitch busters!

planswalker
2012-09-10, 12:54 PM
"One on one battle. I'm no trainer, only have one."

He takes you to an empty lot in the junkyard about 20' square and pulls out a pink fluffy pokemon.

http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/ken_sugimori/update1/413-trash.png

passinglurker
2012-09-10, 01:04 PM
Devin scans and sizes up his opponent ok that is a mon I've never seen before this is a junk yard so assume the worst and guess steel and its the only one the old guy has which means it could be to experienced for QO, ZOOR has seen a lot today so that leaves ZII he releases ZII and says "its boogie time ZII!" ZII looks at him funny "right never using that line again glad the others were not around to see it, any we're fighting that" ZII faces his opponent ready for battle

"alright ZII we want this fair and friendly so no flying away but that doesn't mean we need to take every hit so use minimize" ZII shrinks down significantly makeing himself a much harder target

planswalker
2012-09-10, 01:17 PM
The thing approaches your tiny 'mon and unleashes a burst of hidden power. You can feel the taste of metal on the wind.

[roll0]

Arcran
2012-09-10, 02:02 PM
Alexia smiles at him; some training does sound like a good idea
"Sure, sounds great"

Jakob heads to the nearest seafood joint. On the way, he realizes he's broke. Nothing. Zilch. Zero.

"You get your food, I'll find a table," he says reluctamtly. Oh well. Not the first time he went hungry.

planswalker
2012-09-10, 02:12 PM
The restaurant calls itself Corphish Delight. Most plates of food are $10 or so.

passinglurker
2012-09-10, 06:06 PM
dang guessed right on the steel part. we are going to need a lucky hit to make any progress and we can't afford to take another big hit like that... wait does that thing look like a bug? that gives me an idea >:) "ZII use gust!" ZII gets above the mon and gusts down on it so hard ZII shoots 6 meters into the air on accidentZII is now above the mon 6 meters in the air and attcking with gust
move: gust, flying
hit: [roll0]
attack: [roll1]

musicalbookworm
2012-09-10, 06:16 PM
Alexia frowns slightly at Jakob. She had seen him say similar things at times when she suspected he couldn't afford a meal but didn't want her or Devin to know. Jakob tried so hard to pretend that his life was perfect, but she and Devin weren't dumb and she wished he would confide in them more. Honestly, it worried her when he 'accidentally' skipped meals, but she had never confronted him about it.

Nodding her assent to Jakob, she walked up to the counter.

"C-could I get a double serving of today's special?" she asked the cashier.

musicalbookworm
2012-09-10, 06:18 PM
Alexia frowns slightly at Jakob. She had seen him say similar things at times when she suspected he couldn't afford a meal but didn't want her or Devin to know. Jakob tried so hard to pretend that his life was perfect, but she and Devin weren't dumb and she wished he would confide in them more. Honestly, it worried her when he 'accidentally' skipped meals, but she had never confronted him about it.

Posting again because I couldn't see it the first time; I'll delete this one if it turns out to be a double-post

planswalker
2012-09-10, 06:37 PM
dang guessed right on the steel part. we are going to need a lucky hit to make any progress and we can't afford to take another big hit like that... wait does that thing look like a bug? that gives me an idea >:) "ZII use gust!" ZII gets above the mon and gusts down on it so hard ZII shoots 6 meters into the air on accidentZII is now above the mon 6 meters in the air and attcking with gust
move: gust, flying
hit: [roll0]
attack: [roll1]

Your gust disperses before it can reach the bug, not harming it.

It shoots a thread of thin, strong silk at your drifloon. It attaches and pulls your 'mon down to the ground right next to the pokemon, which bites at you with its buggy teeth.

It sinks its teeth in for [roll0]

"Sure thing. Today's special is fried magikarp eggs served over a salmon sauce. Shall that be two plates as well?"

musicalbookworm
2012-09-10, 07:26 PM
"Oh, um if it's not any extra..." Alexia paid and walked away from the counter.
After a few moments of searching, she spotted Jakob and headed over to where he was sitting.

Arcran
2012-09-10, 07:56 PM
"Oh, um if it's not any extra..." Alexia paid and walked away from the counter.
After a few moments of searching, she spotted Jakob and headed over to where he was sitting.

Jakob waves her over, a slightly annoyed look crossing over his face at the second plate. Sure, he'd appreciate the food, but he wasn't a charity case. He didn't need the help.

planswalker
2012-09-10, 07:59 PM
Your food is brought to you, the bill comes up to $16.39

The freshly-fried eggs and salmon sauce steamy.

musicalbookworm
2012-09-10, 08:14 PM
Alexia saw Jakob's frown, but tries to keep up the pretense. When the food arrives she affects a surprised look.
"Oh my, look at all that food, I guess I didn't realize how much I was ordering... and it comes with two plates? I should have realized..."

Arcran
2012-09-10, 08:30 PM
Alexia saw Jakob's frown, but tries to keep up the pretense. When the food arrives she affects a surprised look.
"Oh my, look at all that food, I guess I didn't realize how much I was ordering... and it comes with two plates? I should have realized..."

Jakob looks at her.

"You know, I can take care of myself," he mutters, taking one of the plates reluctantly and digging in.

"Thanks though."

He had to get some money; he couldn't just mooch off of his friends forever. He'd have to find someway to get some easy money today. Maybe he and Avu could find a battle or two? That's an idea.

musicalbookworm
2012-09-10, 08:43 PM
Alexia blushes slightly.

"You're welcome"

She looks down at her plate and begins to eat, paying an awful lot of attention to each bite. She'd tried to make it genuinely seem like she'd ordered too much food...

planswalker
2012-09-10, 09:24 PM
The waiter takes your money and asks if there will be anything else.

Arcran
2012-09-10, 10:26 PM
Alexia blushes slightly.

"You're welcome"

She looks down at her plate and begins to eat, paying an awful lot of attention to each bite. She'd tried to make it genuinely seem like she'd ordered too much food...

Jakob eats in silence for about a minute before speaking.

"Excited for Unova?" he asks between bites.

passinglurker
2012-09-10, 10:53 PM
Devin recalls ZII "yeah I know when I'm out classed. that is an impressive mon you have there I would hate to be the petty crook that meets it in the dark corner of a scrapyard" he then pays the man the wager, QO disappointed abandons its fan, and just as they are about to leave Devin has one last idea "hey do you know where I can get a good price for one of these?" he holds up his hail TM "won it today in the gym but none of my mon can use it nor do I really plan to use it if they could"

planswalker
2012-09-10, 11:03 PM
He says, "Here, have the fan for your $200. You fought well, but you clearly are new at this. You're not very experienced with bug-types, I can tell. As for pawning a tm, your best bet would be to go to a pawn shop if you need it fast. Merchants would be willing to pay more, but it'll take a couple of days to close a deal with them. They need to make sure you aren't selling them stolen goods. Pawn stores will give you instant cash, but they take a bigger profit margin. They'll typically have a 'don't ask, don't tell' policy."

also, 1400 xp for that fight.

passinglurker
2012-09-11, 07:48 AM
"Thank you sir for the fan and the advise I hope you have a good evening" Devin gives a low bow and an excited QO repossesses the fan. they then head for the poke center to heal ZII.

planswalker
2012-09-11, 08:10 AM
From this part of the city, it takes you about 30 minutes to get there and get healed.

passinglurker
2012-09-11, 11:15 AM
Counting up the time in his head Devin figures its close to when Little Jimmy is supposed to be back and heads to the docks. If he isn't there yet then he has a few questions for the captain any way.

On the way he gets another crazy idea and lets out all his pokemon. He then attempts to coordinate the different sounds they make into a little bit of music as they go. Because this is his first time doing it, and none of them a very good at it yet anyone around would find the sight, and sound of this very odd. Except maybe Jakob and Alexia who have been around Devin enough to maybe start blaming him for the odd things that happen.

planswalker
2012-09-11, 11:27 AM
You end up waiting about 10 minutes. Just as Zoor and Zii are starting to coordinate together, the tallest, largest man you've ever seen comes walking over, pulling a cart laden with goods behind him.

"What is that awful racket? Please tell me this isn't a hot new coordinator giving everyone a free show!" he says good-naturedly. He stands over seven and a half feet tall. There is the sensation of power as you look at his thick limbs and the impression of man who loves life when you examine his considerable gut.

musicalbookworm
2012-09-11, 11:29 AM
Alexia looks up, glad for the change of subject.
"Y-yeah. Though honestly, the gyarados sounds kind of scary to me" she admits while twirling her fork around on her plate

passinglurker
2012-09-11, 11:46 AM
"oh no sir I don't aspire to the lofty realm of paid entertainment me and my pokemon are just having a bit of fun as we head to the docks to talk to a man about some apricorns"

planswalker
2012-09-11, 01:02 PM
"Well, good to meet you then. I'm James Jones. My friends call me 'Little Jimmy'. I can respect a fellow who's willing to have fun in public."

passinglurker
2012-09-11, 03:37 PM
"Nice to meet you too my name is Devin Keen you wouldn't happen to be the same 'Little Jimmy' that is the cook for the Blood of Kyogre would you?"

planswalker
2012-09-11, 04:06 PM
"Yep, that's me. What can I do you for?"

passinglurker
2012-09-11, 05:29 PM
"Me and my friends were hired by your captain to catch some big red gyarados on the way to cinnabar island and I was told you collect apricorns, and if thats the case I would like to make an arrangment where by I may grow some" *shows mobile planter* "to turn into aprijuice, in exchange I can give you a cut of the harvest to replenish your stock and then some"

planswalker
2012-09-11, 05:39 PM
"Sounds like a deal. I've got blue, pink, and red apricorns on me at the moment."

passinglurker
2012-09-11, 06:40 PM
"well there is no rush the planter is currently occupied with some berries I planted today but I can incorporate some apricorns in as slots free up. pink and blue would be useful to boost movement I'm not sure how useful jumping would be though. do you have any yellows back on the ship? those would especially come in handy if we needed to use the flying mon to quickly recover anything that falls overboard, and do you know if any of the crew men are pokeball smiths? we would probably need a heavy or net ball to catch it smoothly. But here don't let me hold you up with all of these questions I can help you haul this cart back to the ship I was headed there anyway"

planswalker
2012-09-11, 06:41 PM
"We'll talk once I get this stuff to the kitchens. If you help me unload it, we can talk while we work."

passinglurker
2012-09-11, 08:05 PM
"of course I would be glad to help" Devin and his pokemon proceed to help little jimmy haul the cart back to the ship.

Arcran
2012-09-11, 08:38 PM
Alexia looks up, glad for the change of subject.
"Y-yeah. Though honestly, the gyarados sounds kind of scary to me" she admits while twirling her fork around on her plate

"I think we can take it," Jakob says. "I'll get Mara strong enough to evolve by then and we can have our own Gyarados fight it. Anyways, Pokeballs are a good portion luck. We hit it a few time then fire away and we're bound to get lucky," Jakob says.

"What do you think of your new bird?"

planswalker
2012-09-11, 08:47 PM
"of course I would be glad to help" Devin and his pokemon proceed to help little jimmy haul the cart back to the ship.

You and "Little" Jimmy bring in a cartload of foodstuffs into the ship and stow them in the kitchen.

"Now then, you say you'd like some apricorns? Let's talk investment. Think you can return me two for every one I give ya? If so, I'll make sure to stop by town before we leave and get my hands on the other four types so you have everything to choose from."

passinglurker
2012-09-11, 09:46 PM
"Yes I can, but just to make sure we are on the same page here is how the planter works. statistically it takes between 2-5 days for a fruit to grow into a small bush that usually yields between 1-4 fruits I have never failed to produce at least one fruit per plant so that I can try again. so you might not get your investment back with the first harvest but I will get you what I owe you before I go blending up any apricorns sound good?"

planswalker
2012-09-11, 10:29 PM
"Sounds fine. We'll have a month before we dock again."

passinglurker
2012-09-11, 10:41 PM
"alright glad we worked that out. now if you'll excuse me I need to go find the captain and go over what assets are available for capturing this monster"

planswalker
2012-09-11, 11:03 PM
"alright glad we worked that out. now if you'll excuse me I need to go find the captain and go over what assets are available for capturing this monster"

"Go on then, lad. I've got a kitchen to organize."

passinglurker
2012-09-11, 11:16 PM
Devin seeks out the captain when he finds him he says "so I'm putting together a list of supplies I need to get for the hunt before we depart tomorrow and I was wondering what assets does the ship have to help catch this thing? you know things like net guns, healing supplies and facilities, advanced pokeballs you prefer it to be caught with cause it will look good on your mantle stuff like that."

planswalker
2012-09-11, 11:18 PM
"I have five net balls I was planning on having you use. Beyond that, this isn't a pokecenter or a pokemart. None of my crew are trainers. Some have a few tricks, that's all. If you need more than five net balls, you're going to have to buy them yourself. This isn't some pokemon hunting ship, it's a large, ungainly merchant ship."

passinglurker
2012-09-11, 11:26 PM
"believe me sir I'm well aware that 90% of establishments aren't pokemarts" responds Devin jokingly "and thank you sir this helps my planing efforts a lot. also would it be alright if I occupied the room that I would be staying in for the voyage tonight? simply a matter of finding a warm place to sleep the local climate isn't to kind to campers"

planswalker
2012-09-11, 11:29 PM
"Fine with me. Just don't get in the crew's way. They will be working all night."

musicalbookworm
2012-09-12, 12:34 PM
"I think we can take it," Jakob says. "I'll get Mara strong enough to evolve by then and we can have our own Gyarados fight it. Anyways, Pokeballs are a good portion luck. We hit it a few time then fire away and we're bound to get lucky," Jakob says.

"What do you think of your new bird?"

"Rosita? She's great, but I wasn't expecting her to fly off like that... do you think we'll at least get an egg? That would be so awesome, baby pokemon are so cute"

Arcran
2012-09-12, 03:40 PM
"Rosita? She's great, but I wasn't expecting her to fly off like that... do you think we'll at least get an egg? That would be so awesome, baby pokemon are so cute"

"It would be cool," Jakob says, finishing off his food.

"Listen, thanks for the food," he says awkwardly, unsure how to handle this. "I really appreciate it. Should we go find Devin, or what?"

How far ahead is he time-wise?

planswalker
2012-09-12, 03:48 PM
erm, about 2 hours or so? I think?

passinglurker
2012-09-12, 05:53 PM
I believe devin is doing target practice with his rotom at this time so yeah they are about 1.5-2 hours behind

musicalbookworm
2012-09-12, 06:38 PM
"It would be cool," Jakob says, finishing off his food.

"Listen, thanks for the food," he says awkwardly, unsure how to handle this. "I really appreciate it. Should we go find Devin, or what?"

Alexia nods and begins to stand up.

"Y-yeah, we should probably meet back up with him"

Arcran
2012-09-12, 08:45 PM
Alexia nods and begins to stand up.

"Y-yeah, we should probably meet back up with him"

After a fruitless attempt to call Devin, Jakob decides to try to get some more training in.

"More training? I sent Devin a text, he should meet us at the docks when he gets it," Jakob says. "I want to get some more training in on Mara."

Docks for two hours of training?

planswalker
2012-09-12, 09:41 PM
sounds fine with me.

Arcran
2012-09-12, 09:48 PM
Jakob once again puts Mara through rigorous drills, trying to get the Magikarp stronger so she can evolve. Pushing buoys, having her try to dash across the docks. A few times he has Mara try to shoot water in a stream but it fails every time. Finally, after the Magikarp is beyond exhaustion, he calls off the training.

"Good job Mara. If you keep it up we'll have you strong enough to fight that Gyarados in no time. Now, I think it's time we picked you up some food. Sound good?"

passinglurker
2012-09-12, 10:01 PM
as Devin leaves the ship is search for a place to eat he realises his phone has been on silent on a hunch he eyes QO suspiciously, QO responds with a big toothy grin "oh yes I think we'll get along quite well" *reads Jakobs text* -hey missed your text (fresh catch pranked my phone) I'm at the docks where are you guys now?-

musicalbookworm
2012-09-14, 01:08 PM
Alexia spends the two hours training Manuela's psychic abilities. First, she trains the gothita to distinguish between telepathic and verbal commands and to obey telepathic commands over spoken ones by giving her two opposite commands at the same time. After a while at this, the two engage in a mental spar to sharpen their telepathic defenses. Afterwards, both are mentally drained and when Jakob suggests it, the idea of a break sounds great.

"Yeah, Manuela definitely would like something to eat" she turns to the gothita "wouldn't you?"

The psychic pokemon responds as enthusiastically as she can while physically and mentally tired- which is to say she cheered softly.

planswalker
2012-09-14, 07:54 PM
musicalbookworm, arcran, are y'all going to go to the docks to meet up with passinglurker?

Arcran
2012-09-15, 12:09 AM
We should already be at the docks.

planswalker
2012-09-15, 12:11 AM
not sure, but I'll keep things moving.

Jakob and Alexia see Devin as he's leaving the ship. About that time, the two lovebirds return, an egg carried between them.

musicalbookworm
2012-09-15, 01:00 AM
Alexia spots the tranquills and points them out to Jakob.

"Look! They're back! And they have an egg..."

Choosing to ignore the potentially embarrassing thought of how the egg was created, she focused instead on the egg itself. She hadn't really considered the possibility of the Pokemon actually producing offspring and it brought up an important question: who should keep the egg? It had taken both hers and Jakob's Pokemon to get it, so in one sense they both had a claim to it. On the other hand, he was the one who had actually caught both 'mon, but... she still wanted it.

"Um, d-did you want the egg?" she offered Jakob, immediately mentally berating herself for not being more assertive and hoping he said no.

Arcran
2012-09-15, 10:56 AM
"It's all yours if you want it," Jakob says, not particularly interested in the egg. He gives Devin a quick wave then goes to searching on his Pokedex for some sort of "Help Wanted" add.

planswalker
2012-09-15, 11:19 AM
Turns out, there are some quick jobs that need to be done tonight. Most interestingly, the captain of the Blood of Kyogre advertises that he needs a dockworker willing to work through the night hauling cargo aboard. He'll pay $100 an hour, with a bonus $50 an hour you work after midnight until dawn the next morning when the ship sets sail.

If that does not interest you, there are several other jobs available.

Arcran
2012-09-15, 11:26 AM
Jakob gives a few other jobs a look over, wanting to make sure there is nothing quicker but if nothing else will pay as well he resigns himself to working for the night.

planswalker
2012-09-15, 12:25 PM
Since your ship leaves at dawn and it's nearly sunset, you aren't going to find a whole lot that aren't an overnight thing.

However, there is someone looking to hire a trainer for protection overnight. They're offering $1000 for a successful job. Inquire about the details with them.

There is also a night fisherman looking to hire someone to help him catch a seaking. $1200 bounty if one is caught that knows waterfall.

For $750, there is a magazine looking to do clothed night shots of a trainer with thier pokemon.

passinglurker
2012-09-15, 01:46 PM
"Have I introduced you two to QO yet?! QO this is Jakob and Alexia my two best human friends. Jakob and Alexia this is QO he's a Rotom if that wasn't obvious earlier" Says Devin as he approaches QO gives them both a big toothy grin "anyway we don't need to worry about pokeballs the captain already has 5 netballs for us to use on the gyarados he didn't say anything about healing so we should probably stock up on stuff for that cause my planter might be a little occupied during the trip, or at least cash to pay for favors from the crew any thoughts?"

Arcran
2012-09-15, 05:32 PM
Jakob does look at the protection job, but he decides to try to crunch some numbers before he decides on anything.

"I'm good on healing. I'll get some money tonight, but I don't think I have enough supplies for the three of us."

About what time is it IG?

passinglurker
2012-09-15, 06:09 PM
"where are you getting the money are you pawning off the TM you won or something?" says Devin curiously

Arcran
2012-09-15, 06:20 PM
"That's part of it. Can get at least a thousand or two for that."

passinglurker
2012-09-15, 06:56 PM
"I doubt pawn shops are that generous you'd probably be lucky to get half of what its worth from them. I was saving mine till we were in one place long enough to get a good deal from a merchant. the guy who sold me QO's fan said it takes a few days to seal the deal but they pay more" responds Devin

Arcran
2012-09-15, 07:30 PM
"Eh, maybe I'll get lucky," Jakob says.

musicalbookworm
2012-09-15, 09:02 PM
"It's all yours if you want it," Jakob says, not particularly interested in the egg

"I do. Thank you" Alexia gratefully replies and, when the tranquill have landed, puts Rosita away and grabs the egg, holding it in her arms like a baby.

"Have I introduced you two to QO yet?! QO this is Jakob and Alexia my two best human friends. Jakob and Alexia this is QO he's a Rotom if that wasn't obvious earlier"

Alexia giggles. "Hello Qo, nice to meet you"

"he didn't say anything about healing so we should probably stock up on stuff for that cause my planter might be a little occupied during the trip, or at least cash to pay for favors from the crew any thoughts?"

"Oh, I don't have any healing stuff... I guess I need to go buy some. Would y-you like to come with me?" She asks Devin, hoping for a chance to spend some time alone with him and inwardly feeling incredibly bold.

planswalker
2012-09-15, 09:05 PM
Jakob does look at the protection job, but he decides to try to crunch some numbers before he decides on anything.

"I'm good on healing. I'll get some money tonight, but I don't think I have enough supplies for the three of us."

About what time is it IG?

it's about 6:30 pm

Arcran
2012-09-15, 09:08 PM
"Well, see the two of you later?" Jakob says hesitantly, loathe to leave the two of them together, but knowing that unless he picked up some money he'd be in trouble.

He heads to the ship to talk to the captain of the Blood of Kyogre, planning on inquiring about the job, specifically asking whether, if he worked through the night, he'd be able to swing by the Pokemart to pick up a few things.

planswalker
2012-09-15, 09:11 PM
"If you're willing to pull your weight, I'll work you as long as you're willing. You six good hours of work, I'll be happy. Overtime for each hour after that. You wanna leave before dawn and come back, that'll just be an hour less you get to work."

Arcran
2012-09-15, 09:20 PM
"If I work from now to about an hour before dawn, would I still be able to get the bonus?" Jakob asks, dreading the likely answer.

planswalker
2012-09-15, 09:36 PM
"The overtime is per hour. You'd be able to get a good five hours of overtime in. You do know when dawn is, right? You're talking six and a half hours after midnight."

passinglurker
2012-09-15, 10:12 PM
"Oh, I don't have any healing stuff... I guess I need to go buy some. Would y-you like to come with me?" She asks Devin, hoping for a chance to spend some time alone with him and inwardly feeling incredibly bold."why of course I would. Its getting late and we wouldn't want any one to get mugged cause they were wondering the streets alone we might miss our boat" responds Devin completely oblivious to Alexia's hopes or boldness

Arcran
2012-09-16, 12:16 AM
"The overtime is per hour. You'd be able to get a good five hours of overtime in. You do know when dawn is, right? You're talking six and a half hours after midnight."

Jakob flinches at the last comment. He was just making sure he knew how much time he had.

"Yes, I know when dawn is. So, what do I move first?" he asks without enthusiasm. It was going to be a long night.

musicalbookworm
2012-09-16, 02:42 PM
"why of course I would. Its getting late and we wouldn't want any one to get mugged cause they were wondering the streets alone we might miss our boat" responds Devin completely oblivious to Alexia's hopes or boldness

"Y-yeah" Alexia pulls out her Pokdex "I'll just look for some place nearby then, if that's alright with you?" she asks as she looks up local shops that sell Pokemon supplies.