PDA

View Full Version : Ring of Counterspell + Warforged Question

TopCheese
2012-09-04, 12:02 PM
Ok so I read the online SRD (how great is that site?) And I have a couple questions.

1: Is there a way to get this ring ti signal it is being used? Somewhere in another book perhaps?

2: If you have an empty ring, does the next spell targeting you go into the ring? Or would you need to ready an action to "catch" said spell?

3: I'm playing a Warforged with Mithril Plating feat. Is there a way or price to make my plating this same sort of magic item.

As for being a Warforged, where can I find the info about Warforged compenents? I hear whispers from ppl about a wand storage that let's the warforged used said wand? Not sure exactly but having a button that is connected to a wand of repair light wounds would be nice.

Thanks in advance!

Also later Ill be posting my "Weapon Prototype" build (yeah I played FF7 recently).

Slipperychicken
2012-09-04, 12:30 PM
Doesn't the Ring flash when activated? It's in the flavor text, I think.

TopCheese
2012-09-04, 12:55 PM
Doesn't the Ring flash when activated? It's in the flavor text, I think.

The SRD doesn't have that in it but perhaps it is in a real book?

Lapak
2012-09-04, 01:07 PM
2: If you have an empty ring, does the next spell targeting you go into the ring? Or would you need to ready an action to "catch" said spell?Neither is supported by the rules; casting a spell into the Ring is a deliberate action and you can't just 'catch' an incoming spell with it. To allow it to function the way you're talking about would defeat the design of the ring - an empty ring would be preferable to a loaded one in most cases.

Flickerdart
2012-09-04, 01:37 PM
You could use Synchronicity to designate an unspecified readied action for when someone begins casting a spell, and use that action to cast the appropriate spell into the ring.

Slipperychicken
2012-09-04, 02:59 PM
The SRD doesn't have that in it but perhaps it is in a real book?

I was thinking of the Greater version. MIC page 124, 16,000gp. So just keep an eye on your ring.

Uhtred
2012-09-04, 07:48 PM
As for being a Warforged, where can I find the info about Warforged compenents? I hear whispers from ppl about a wand storage that let's the warforged used said wand? Not sure exactly but having a button that is connected to a wand of repair light wounds would be nice.

You can find info on Warforged components in a pretty good percentage of the Eberron supplements, most notably in the Eberron Campaign Setting and Races of Eberron, although some of my favorites are in Secrets of Xen'drik. There absolutely is an item like the one you're talking about. It's called the Wand Sheath, and it integrates the chosen wand into the Warforged until the charges run out, totally handy.