PDA

View Full Version : Just a silly idea on luck

Socratov
2012-09-04, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I decided that I was bored so I would excercise my character buidling skills. So here it is:

Lucky Goldstar (name intended), a strongheart halfling Bard 5/Fortune's Friend 5/Sublime Chord 2/Fatespinner 5/??? 3

Feats allready chosen (to make it legal):

Bonus feat:Lucky Start
1st: Education
3rd: [free]
6th: [free]
7th (bonus luck feat): Make your own luck
9th: [free, thinking Chaos Music)
9th (bonus Luck feat): Survivor's Luck
rest: [free]

stats need to only go into cha, int, con (con and int can be switched though the skills would be nice to have)

ACF's would be at least bardic knack (hence the preferable int)

spells are not final yet (except for those that are mandatory for entry)

Backstory:
Lucky was always that, lucky. He always beleived in the Laughing rogue and the tales about Olidammara inspired him to travel. By chance he came upon a bard who would lead him to the bard's college. In bard's college Lucky ahd a knack for knwoing just enough and avoiding mishaps. When He started travelling he always walked with a winds at his back and a nice warm sun in the sky. Lucky embraced his luck and became a devotee of Olidammara, but in a different way, without being pious he just embraced his luck and after he dabbled in some spellcasting he chanced upon a Fatespinner who taught him to not only be lucky, but make his own luck as well. He may look like a harmless halfling, but beware, he's got Destiny on call.

So here's the thing: this character isn't about power, even though can do some awesome things between raising casterlevel, buffing allies a bit with songs, but he start to shine when he casts lave or lose or save or die effects forcing a natural 20 or saving on a forced natural 20 (fatespinner) and even then improve chances by luck rerolls. with the last 3 levels in a caster increasing PrC he can still reach a ninth. So, how to fill in the blanks? And how to make more use out of those awesome luck theme?

IN short, he is lucky (tm), he can make hos own luck, and now what?
(before people come in here sying that class is waaaaaayyyyyyy terribad, pls don't this is a chassis I want to use, you can only do this if there is another very luck themed class enhancing this concept)

So, go ahead, make the luckiest halfling alive ;)

RunicLGB
2012-09-04, 01:35 PM
There's the Luckstealer prestige class from Races of the Wild. Not only does he make his own luck,he could steal some every now and then too.

Socratov
2012-09-04, 01:49 PM
interesting, on one hand I liek the way to increase my luck more, on a move action no less. On the other hand I'm worried that the fight would be over and I'd have to gather luck points all over again in the next fight... I do like the flavor though, enough for another luck based character (maybe use him as a partner of some sorts introducing the luck brothers :smallamused:)

A_S
2012-09-04, 04:06 PM
My favorite entry to an Iron Chef challenge ever, OMG PONIES' Milo, is a luck-based build.

Link. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9208735&postcount=95)