PDA

View Full Version : Who Let The Kindred Out? (Vampire: The Requiem - NWoD - IC)

Hazuki
2012-09-04, 02:25 PM
Who Let The Kindred Out?
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs11/i/2006/177/8/b/68_and_69_by_3422.jpg

Albus
The night was stretched its tendrils across the New York skyline as your footsteps echoed against the paved grounds of Central Park. There was a blissful silence, or as much as there could be in New York City, and the air was good company, as it helped to clear your mind off of the stresses of inventing.

You briefly strolled under a bridge, and before you had taken two steps into the shadows, there was a piercing pain in your neck, and then nothing as you were forced into unconsciousness.

Now, as your eyes adjust to the dim fluorescent lights, you feel yourself returning. The floor is hard against your spine, but it doesn't hurt much, and your limbs feel healthier than ever as you try to pull yourself into a sitting position and get a better view of the dimly lit warehouse around you. The cold air is still and stale, and the green pallor of the room does nothing to ease the sickness the room provokes.

From your seat in the middle of the wide warehouse, you see three people around you that, too, seem to be gaining their consciousness. Each of them looking as disarrayed as you feel. At least your cane is still by your side.

There's a beautiful young woman who lies with her back against a metal support beam, and far away from home judging by the red dress and heels she wears. More suited to a party than a dimly lit warehouse, but she doesn't seem to be restrained.

A few feet from you and uncurling from fetal state lies a large young man in musculature, and rather handsome too, though he's wearing an outfit more suited for a deadbeat father than the police officer that the handcuffs and baton attached to his hip would suggest, with a hole-ridden shirt and raggedy jeans.

The last person in the otherwise empty room is a well-dressed woman who wears an outfit fit for a successful businesswoman, who lies on her front as she tries to push herself up.

With a tug of your arms, you realize that you're not restrained...

Abigail
The night was well on its way and the city's skyline lit up beautifully as you strolled down the streets, dressed up nicely for your audition with the manager of The Chill. The streets were busy as ever, and you didn't think much of it as you had to take a detour in an alleyway to make room for an oncoming crowd.

But as you came to alley crossroads between four apartment buildings, there was a snapping sound and a pain in your abdomen as you were slowly pulled into sleep, with the wall slipping from your grasp as you sank to the floor.

Now, as your eyes adjust to the dim fluorescent lights, you feel yourself returning. The metal support beam is hard against your spine, but it doesn't hurt much, and your limbs feel healthier than ever as you try to pull yourself into a sitting position and get a better view of the dimly lit warehouse around you. The cold air is still and stale, and the green pallor of the room does nothing to ease the sickness the room provokes.

There is a tightness around your wrist that distracts you from your waking thoughts. A ribbon the color of royal purple, with the words "Lunar Sun" scribed on it in gold.

From your seat in the middle of the wide warehouse, you see three people around you that, too, seem to be gaining their consciousness. Each of them looking as disarrayed as you feel.

There's a man dressed like he just came out of a fancy dress party, in his leather vest and a cane clattered by his side, with a monocle hanging loosely from his shirt. He seems to be getting back to consciousness first.

Across the floor from you and uncurling from fetal state lies a large young man in musculature, and rather handsome too, though he's wearing an outfit more suited for a deadbeat father than the police officer that the handcuffs and baton attached to his hip would suggest, with a hole-ridden shirt and raggedy jeans. A glimpse of his face lets you recognize him as Donovan, the bouncer you sometimes spoke to on the way out of a job.

The last person in the otherwise empty room is a well-dressed woman who wears an outfit fit for a successful businesswoman, who lies on her front as she tries to push herself up.

With a tug of your arms, you realize that you're not restrained...

OOC
Lunar Sun is one of the clubs in New York, which is on the corner of 34th Street. It's fairly pricey, but serves many crowds with its architecture designed for personal groups to not be bothered by others. As such, it has a diverse clientele. You've never worked there, though.

Donovan
The moon had risen high up in the sky by the time you'd went past the last lounge and got a tip to head to one of the pubs in Downtown. The night hadn't been going well so far, and it was the last place you were going to try out before heading home and giving up.

You decided to take a shortcut through some alleys to get to The Treble closer, as you knew the neighborhood well enough to take a chance. There was only the brief notice of a few footsteps before a large rag came over your head and feet were pushed against your bag, forcing you to inhale the wet rag and slip into unconsciousness with little time to throw the assailant off.

Now, as your eyes adjust to the dim fluorescent lights, you feel yourself returning. The floor is hard against your side, but it doesn't hurt much, and your limbs feel healthier than ever as you try to pull yourself into a sitting position and get a better view of the dimly lit warehouse around you. The cold air is still and stale, and the green pallor of the room does nothing to ease the sickness the room provokes.

From your seat in the middle of the wide warehouse, you see three people around you that, too, seem to be gaining their consciousness. Each of them looking as disarrayed as you feel. At least your baton is still by your side.

There's a man dressed like he just came out of a fancy dress party, in his leather vest and a cane clattered by his side, with a monocle hanging loosely from his shirt. He seems to be getting back to consciousness first, as he sits up a few feet away from you.

There's a beautiful young woman who lies with her back against a metal support beam, and far away from home judging by the red dress and heels she wears. More suited to a party than a dimly lit warehouse, but she doesn't seem to be restrained. You briefly recognize her as Abigail, the singer you've spoken to at a few clubs before.

There is a pricking at the breast pocket of your raggedy top down shirt, with a small white slip poking out of the top. With a tug of your arms, you realize you're not restrained...

Shiela
The sun was only setting as you sat in your office, going through the papers and making sure that the numbers were right. The day was busy and you were left tired from all of the work, but soon you'd be able to go home and start the next day with a free schedule.

You'd just finished your coffee before there was a clambering behind your chair, and a sharp piercing pain in your neck, as you were forced into unconsciousness.

Now, as your eyes adjust to the dim fluorescent lights, you feel yourself returning. The cool floor is hard against your stomach, but it doesn't hurt much, and your limbs feel healthier than ever as you try to pull yourself into a sitting position and get a better view of the dimly lit warehouse around you. The cold air is still and stale, and the green pallor of the room does nothing to ease the sickness the room provokes.

From your seat in the middle of the wide warehouse, you see three people around you that, too, seem to be gaining their consciousness. Each of them looking as disarrayed as you feel. At least your pistol is still with you.

There's a man dressed like he just came out of a fancy dress party, in his leather vest and a cane clattered by his side, with a monocle hanging loosely from his shirt. He seems to be getting back to consciousness first.

There's a beautiful young woman who lies with her back against a metal support beam, and far away from home judging by the red dress and heels she wears. More suited to a party than a dimly lit warehouse, but she doesn't seem to be restrained.

Across the floor from you and uncurling from fetal state lies a large young man in musculature, and rather handsome too, though he's wearing an outfit more suited for a deadbeat father than the police officer that the handcuffs and baton attached to his hip would suggest, with a hole-ridden shirt and raggedy jeans.

With a tug of your arms, you realize you're not restrained...

...but you sure do feel hungry. Hungrier than you've ever been. Your teeth gnash at the thought of getting something to sink your teeth into. Something with soft flesh and beautiful crimson blood that would sink down your throat like the nectar of the gods.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-04, 02:39 PM
The hell? What happened? Last thing I remember was walking under a bridge and then... And now I'm here. Sure, okay. Where is here, who are they, and why am I so thirsty? And where's my cane? Albus fixes his monocle, snatches his cane and lifts himself off the ground. Brushing himself off and setting his clothing to right, he looks around at the others pulling themselves together. "So, does anybody know what happened?"

Lentrax
2012-09-04, 03:05 PM
Without giving a sign that anything is wrong with her, Shiela sits upright. Her hair must have come undone at some point because it falls in front of her face.

"Who are you?" a the words are only slightly slurred from her hunger. Then realization struck home.

This is a hit! The damn Russians got me!

Standing swiftly, her accent comes through clearly, thick and Slavic.
"Do you know who you haff kidnapped, comrade?"

As she speaks, a pistol is pulled from a holster under her suit jacket. She levels it at the man in the suit, deciding he must know what is going on.

"Get me out of here. Now."

ChaosLord29
2012-09-04, 03:15 PM
Awakening slowly, Donovan blinks his eyes against the darkness, and his hand immediately goes to the collapsible baton at his side. 'The alley, the rag . . . ' He thinks to himself blearily as he glances in every direction, scanning for any sign of who might have subdued him. 'Some bail jumper or one of his friends looking for revenge? Hope I'm not so sloppy as to get jumped by that type.' He gritted his teeth against the disconcerting thought, but as the parting darkness revealed no armed thugs or grinning goons, just a trio of others, similarly blinking against the dark.

Releasing his grip on his baton, his hand instinctively went to rub the soreness out of his neck, a constant reminder of the injury which had ended his football dreams. As he started to rub his neck however, his conscious mind registered no relief, due to the startling realization that there was no pain. Every morning and evening he had first awoken in the hospital after practice it had ached, but now, it was gone. None of his old injuries or the bruises or scrapes he had accumulated the last week in his work did. Instead, his limbs, his body, every inch of his flesh felt alive with new strength and vigor.

Ignoring the well dressed man's queries for the moment, Donovan rose to his feet, and stretched his muscled limbs in every direction, quickly running through his usual regimen of therapeutic and calisthenic exercises. Unable to suppress a broad grin, he turned to face the well dressed man with his cane, but stopped in place, without saying a word, words dying on his tongue. He'd finished his usual routine as always, with taking his pulse, but as he kept his fingers pressed to his neck, it dawned on him, his pulse wasn't just slow, it was non-existent.

There was no time to dwell though, as the woman in the business attire was now yelling and waving around a pistol. Her accent was thick and their was a sinking in the pit of Donovan's stomach, 'Bloody bitch must be Russian mafia . . . ' He though to himself as he settled into a ready stance, eyeing her and the distance between them with a practiced eye.

"Now calm down, Ruski, we woke up here, just the same as you." He said in a regal tenor of an Irish brogue. He didn't actually know that for sure, but Donovan figured it was better not to start blaming/shooting people just yet.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-04, 03:27 PM
Albus maintains his calm facade, raising his hands and holding them palms-out, keeping his cane perpendicular with the floor. "There's no need for that. No one's going to hurt anyone here. Please lower the gun, no one needs to get hurt." He says with practiced calm. "I am Dr. Albus Barlowe. And you are?"

Karnius
2012-09-04, 04:32 PM
Whuh...what? What the hell was that?...

Abigail stretches her body against the metal beam at her back, wincing slightly but feeling slightly reassured as her limbs function normally at her commands. After a moment's pause Abigail spasms slightly as a knot of hunger gnaws at her insides, falling on all fours as the hunger twists in her guts, then looks up to see the others. The strangely-dressed fancy dress man is odd, but barely worth consideration compared to the gun in the tough-looking - and apparently foreign - woman's hands. Donovan, one of the friendlier and more attractive bouncers Abigail had met, was trying to calm her down.

Abigail stands uneasily, still trying to quell her suddenly ravenous appetite, and takes a step towards the others. She holds her hands open and to the sides in the hope that the Russian won't consider her a threat worth shooting.

"Listen to the doctor. None of us is here by choice. Just calm down, and we can sort this out."

Abigail turns to Donovan, a pleading look on her face. One of her hands starts unconsciously playing with the ribbon around her wrist.

"Any idea what's going on, Donovan?"

ChaosLord29
2012-09-04, 05:28 PM
Donovan spares only a moment's glance for Abigail, the briefest hint of a smile playing around his lips in a reassuring manner. Seeing the singer was somewhat reassuring to him as well, as he hoped at least she could be counted on to be cooperative at a time like this. Given the accouterments of his companions, he was however starting to feel a bit under-dressed.

"Well, if your experience was anything like mine, you were minding your own business when someone got the drop on you, too fast and too quiet to be seen." he spoke his words loudly, directing them as much at the clearly perturbed songstress as at their gun brandishing comrade. "That sound about right to anyone else?" He asks, taking a cautious step towards Shiela edging towards her, palms still raised.

His mind wasn't overly focused on what had happened to them as much as what had happened since they woke up. Then it occurred to him; His pulse . . . either it was so slow and subtle he couldn't take it (unlikely given the current excitement and tension), or else he really didn't have one. And maybe neither did anyone else, and maybe they were all of them somewhat less than alive, however else they felt.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-04, 06:00 PM
"Sounds about right, but you left out the part about a sharp pain in the neck followed by unconsciousness. Perhaps we should move this outside? I'd like to get an idea of where, exactly, we are before this goes any further. And then find a bar. I don't normally drink, but I have a breathtaking thirst for some strong red wine." He lowers his hands and rests them atop his cane. It is wine I want, right? It couldn't be anything else.

ChaosLord29
2012-09-04, 06:33 PM
At the doctor's (Albus was it?) mention of a drink, Donovan's thirst was brought to the forefront of his mind, nearly ahead of the gun toting capo in more or less a killing mood. He felt energized to be sure, but he also yearned for sustenance, something hot and fresh and full of life to drain down his gullet and slake his thirst. It was unnerving, that he should feel so full of life, display so many symptoms of life, except the one that mattered most. Donovan tried to settle his mind, to listen for the telltale heartbeat in his chest, but he didn't hear it. He thought perhaps it was the tension of the moment, but he always remembered on the field having his heart hammering against his chest, drumming in his ears. Not so was it now.

Karnius
2012-09-04, 06:47 PM
Abigail smiles half-heartedly back at Donovan, reassured somewhat by his presence.

"Yeah, I think that's right. At least we're all okay."

The doctor - Albus? - mentions a thirst for red wine, and the hunger pangs begin to re-emerge. Abigail begins to shake slightly and clenches her hands into fists, doing her best to ignore her appetite.

What is this? We must have been here for days! I need a steak. A nice, bloody steak. Oh God, get a grip Abigail! There are more important things happening here!

But still the hunger continues, and Abigail finds herself staring hungrily around the room. Her gaze settles on Donovan for a moment before she forces herself to look down at the floor at her feet.

No! What's wrong with me? I can't help it...he just looks so tasty. Tasty?! What the hell is wrong with me?!

Abigail speaks again, keeping her eyes fixed on the floor, not daring to look up. Her voice is tinged with worry and fear.

"I..something's wrong. I need to get out of here."

ChaosLord29
2012-09-04, 07:09 PM
"Let's just . . . everybody stay calm." tried to get the words out in a cool, steady voice, but couldn't quite manage it. He was breathing too heavily, panting even; Only he wasn't breathing at all, maybe he was going through the motions, but he was slowly starting to realize that all the subtle, reassuring signs of life he normally took for granted were growing increasingly conspicuously absent. Maybe it was that he was an athlete, remembered all to well what it was like to have the blood pounding in your veins, your heart hammering against your chest, but this was different.

It was a hot, growing, bestial furor which gripped his mind and welled up in his sole, firing his limbs and driving him inexorably towards action. And while the feeling of pumping blood and throbbing veins was gone, the memory of it conjured to his mind impulses and feelings he tried to push aside.

"Let's just all, get a grip!" He voiced the words a little louder than he had anticipated, but wasn't about to stop. "God in heaven, you can all feel it to, can't you? We're in this together! Something has happened to us, and I'll be damned if it was anything you'd call a blessing."

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-04, 07:22 PM
Albus still appears composed, but those paying close attention can see his grip growing tighter on the head of his cane, and the cane itself beginning to wobble just a bit. He looks around and spots an exit on the far wall. "There's a door... over that way. Perhaps we just need some fresh air, a chance to catch our... breaths." He pauses, the sudden realization hitting him like a ton of bricks. I'm not breathing. I'm inhaling to get air to talk, but there's no exhale between words, and "I haven't taken a breath since I started thinking about it, but I don't feel any need." He squeezes his eyes shut and tries to center himself. "We need to get out of here, regroup, figure out what happened to us, maybe find someone to drink--" He stops short again. Someone to drink? What the hell am I saying? I must be losing it.

ChaosLord29
2012-09-04, 07:38 PM
Donovan seized on the Doc's words like a hands around a neck. 'A tender, sensitive neck, pulsing with rich, thick . . . ' He shook his head to clear his mind a moment before continuing.

"That. Right there." He said aloud, his hand snapping into a pointing finger at the finely attired gentleman. "Not breathing. Look carefully, none of us are breathing. And I don't know about the rest of you . . . " His moved his pointing finger up towards his neck and pointed exaggeratedly towards his jugular. "But I don't have a pulse. I'd bet the clothes on my back the rest of you don't either."

A maniacal grin slowly spread across his handsome features. "We're dead. The lot of us. Dead as Christ upon the Cross."

Karnius
2012-09-04, 07:43 PM
As the others speak, Abigail realises with horror that she isn't breathing either. She sucks in a lungful of air, but it does nothing - she didn't feel the need for it and it definitely doesn't seem to affect her. A moment passes and Abigail notices something else: despite the desperate, consuming hunger inside her, her body feels somehow still. She isn't getting flustered, she can't feel the blood pumping through her body. Even the hunger doesn't seem right - it doesn't come from her stomach but saturates her, pulsing through her like a heart-beat without blood.

Abigail continues to shake, trying to control the spasms of hunger running riot throughout her body. As she focuses on suppressing the hunger, she finds herself taking a step towards the others.

I. Can't. Hold. IT! I have to eat SOMETHING!

Donovan speaks again, a grin spreading across his face. Abigail feels herself begin to sway, to falter in her battle against the desire to feed.

No! That can't be true!

Abigail manages to find her voice again. "Stop it, Donovan! We aren't dead! We can't be.."

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-04, 08:18 PM
At Donovan's words, Albus switches into the diagnostic mode he uses with patients. First he runs through an inventory of himself. Fully aware, recently experienced a period of unconsciousness after sharp pain in neck, not breathing, he quickly presses two fingers to the inside of his wrist, no pulse. Dead. Definitely dead. Hungry, no thirsty, for... blood. Delusions? Possibly. He repeats the process for everyone else, observing them and running over their appearances in his head. Agitated, complaining of hunger, experienced similar attack and unconsciousness, visibly not breathing, bodies not offering usual anxiety response, otherwise appearance appears healthy. Clothes clean, no obvious odor, all groomed.

Albus taps his cane for attention. "Donovan's right. About me, at least. I don't have a pulse that I can find, I haven't needed to breathe except to speak, and there is this terrible thirst for, well, let's be honest with ourselves, blood boiling up inside of me. None of you are breathing, either, and despite being highly agitated, none of your bodies are showing any of the usual signs of stress or anxiety build-up. No sweating, no increased blood flow, no breathing period, as I mentioned. It's possible that this is some kind of mass hysteria, that this situation is allowing us to feed into one another's delusions, or that we've been dosed with some form of hallucinogen. As I suggested earlier, why don't we go outside, through that door, right over there," he points with his cane, "and see if some fresh air won't clear our heads."

Lentrax
2012-09-04, 09:51 PM
Shiela watches, amuses all of these people try to convince her she is already dead.

They could be right. After all, you can't hear your heart beating. You don't feel much of anything, even your scars don't hurt.

Without putting her pistol away, Shiela motions to the door.

"Of course. Let's all go outside. You first."

ChaosLord29
2012-09-04, 10:16 PM
Donovan glanced from Doc Barlowe to Abigail and then to Shiela. With a smirk, he looked down at himself and dropped his hands. "Look you dumb bint, if we're the good Doctor agrees, that's good enough for me, but if you want to go ahead and shoot someone to be sure, you can be bloody certain I'll take it personally."

He crossed the room towards Abigail, trying to keep his rising thirst in check. The fact that Abby was a real looker wasn't helping, but there was something slightly offputting about it as well. Maybe it was all this bit about them being dead, or not, or maybe it was something deeper. All he knew was that as sweet as she looked, he thirsted for something . . . else. "Doctor's right on both counts, we can talk it out outside, maybe even find something to eat, er . . . drink . . . " The words sounded strange even to him. "Point is, we should stick together for now." He looked pointedly at Shiela, then back to Abigail. "You with us, girlie?"

Lentrax
2012-09-04, 11:18 PM
"You will have to understand if I don't trust any of this. Or you." Shiela says to Donovan. "But you do not live long in my career by trusting everyone on principle. You understand, da? Now please, open the door."

Karnius
2012-09-05, 02:15 AM
Abigail pays little attention to the world around her as her thoughts swirl around her mind, desperately trying to get a grip on everything she was feeling - and everything that she could no longer feel. The others seemed to talk about it so calmly, even accepting the idea that they were all dead. Emotion wells up in her as Abigail tries to clamp down on it, but the panic seems to distract her from the hunger and after several long seconds Abigail takes a deep breath and exhales slowly - more out of habit than shortness of breath. Her fists clench and unclench, and Abigail finds that she can control herself a little better now.

Right. This isn't make any sense, but panicking about it isn't going to help. I need to stay calm and get out of this place - maybe then I get can something to eat and work out what the hell is going on.

Abigail raises her head to look at Donovan. "Yes, I think so. Just..give me a minute here."

A wetness on her lip prompts Abigail to raise her hand to her mouth: fighting the hunger seems to have led her into unconsciously biting her lip, hard. A trickle of blood comes away on her finger as she brushes it against her lower lip. Abigail stares for a moment, transfixed by the red fluid. She licks her lips free of blood and then begins to lick her finger clean, unable to resist.

Lentrax
2012-09-05, 02:49 AM
Shiela sees Abigail licking the blood from her finger.

Blood. I have seen so much of it in my life. But now... Now I crave it. I have to....

The gun starts wavering in her hand.

"Just go," she says, lowering her weapon. "Let's just go, and find out what has happened to all of us. But first, I feel the neeed for something."

She looks at Abigail again, hunger shining in her eyes.

"To eat."

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-05, 06:55 AM
At the Russian's statement, Albus moves to place himself between her and Abigail. "And we'll figure that out once we get outside. I'm not going to let this devolve into pointless infighting and attempts to harm one another."

Lentrax
2012-09-05, 07:37 AM
"You truly have no idea who you are speaking to, do you. I am Shiela Markov. Ask someone if you don't recognize the name."

Putting her gun back in its holster, Shiela checks her other pockets.

Of course your phone is gone, idiot. You didn't have it in your pocket when you were at your desk. Ah well, at least I have a way to pay a cab fare back to, well I don't even know where here is.

"Is anyone going to go outside and see where we are, or should I go and be the, how did you say? 'Dumb bint Ruski?'

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-05, 07:46 AM
"I haven't heard that name before, no. Now, why don't we all move as a group, toward the door, and we can figure out where we are?"

Lentrax
2012-09-05, 09:26 AM
Shiela sighs heavily.

I live in two worlds, and I am unknown to any of these people.

"Just stand back."

Shiela pulls her gun again, walks over to the door, and inspects it.

If it is possible, she will kick it open, and then duck to the side, gun ready.

ChaosLord29
2012-09-05, 10:49 AM
Reassured that Abigail is all right for now, and in the care of Doc Barlowe, Donovan too moves towards the door, giving Shiela a sidelong glance as she inspects the door and un-holsters her gun once more. "Shiela huh? You Russian mafia?" He took the long shot guess as he moved towards the door and listened at it as well, "Tell you what, you stand there with that pistol of yours and I'll kick in the door. There's anything on the other side we don't like, you can decide whether you want to cover us, or save your own hide."

Hazuki
2012-09-05, 11:05 AM
The door slams open from your kick with a mighty thump as its other side slams against the wall, and the cool air of the night rushes into the room. The sight of calm waters greets you, just beyond more truck trailers and the edge of a docking platform. On the far side, standing by a large create of goods and far away from the buzzing of the main road, stands a man in a bright jacket talking on his phone with his back to the door.

Karnius
2012-09-05, 11:19 AM
The taste of her blood burns into Abigail's mind, bringing with it shocking clarity. She is hungry for blood. How could she not have noticed? Food is no longer important - all that she needs is blood. Abigail finishes the last of the blood from her cut lip and looks up, seeing the Russian woman staring straight towards her and the doctor stepping between them.

He would do. I'm sure his blood is rich with knowledge.

Abigail curses and presses down hard on her urge to feed. The knowledge that she wanted, needed blood to feed on was terrifying, but at least it made it easier to resist. Better to go hungry for now than to give in and become a monster. Abigail tried not to think of what would happen when she could no longer hold back.

The Russian - Shiela - and Donovan move up to the door. Abigail walks deliberately forwards to stand beside Dr Marlowe, doing her best not to look at him. The door is kicked open to reveal a busy night at some kind of dockside, with a man in a bright jacket standing with his back to the door. Abigail feels herself drawn forward but holds herself still.

I'll leave this to Donovan and Shiela. I'll just stand back and focus on not drinking blood. How simple..

Lentrax
2012-09-05, 11:52 AM
Sheila keeps her gun aimed at the man down toward the end of the dock. Since he didn't seem to notice the slamming door, Shiela motions for everyone to be quiet. She removes her shoes to reduce the amount of noise she makes.

Moving forward as silently as she can, she makes her way down the dock toward the man.

If she makes it to the man without being noticed, Sheila will press her gun to the back of his neck.

ChaosLord29
2012-09-05, 05:48 PM
The door firmly off of it's hinges, Donovan exited the building glancing about as Shiela and the others followed, trying to get his bearings and doing his best not to think about blood, the overpowering need to feel the sanguine life essence of some poor sod . . . Like the rather distracted man on the edge of the pier over there, he could only imagine just how easily he could overpower him with this newfound strength and rising fury inside of him. . .

Fortunately, he was kept from doing anything too rash by Shiela, who was doing the only thing more possibly rash than his own thoughts. At first he thought of pulling her back, but it occurred to him perhaps the mobster's approach at getting information might prove useful. And if she wound up killing him, at least they'd have something to drink.

Hazuki
2012-09-06, 07:03 AM
You step across the gritty ground of the platform as quietly as you can, with the gun tight and cool between your fingertips, and the stones in the ground barely a bother. But you're not trained for this, and your steps are meant for cover, not stalking, and your clumsy steps make the man in the bright jacket turn as he catches the sound.

"Yeah, hang on a moment." The man speaks into his flashy cell phone, and runs a hand through his fuzzy hair before turning to level his wrinkled gaze at you. You spot the fear in his eyes even as his fists clench. "Take it easy, kid." He speaks with the voice of a father. "I've got nothing you want, so point that gun at something other than me."

He smells very good. More so than even the finest perfume or meal you've eaten, and it only reminds you of the hunger tugging inside of you.

ShielaFrom the corner of your eyes, away from your gun, your eyes take brief focus on a quartet of gathered young men and women, wearing purple gang colors and chatting to each other by a few more of the creates.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-06, 08:23 AM
Albus moves toward the door cautiously, stopping just inside the threshold and peering out to see what's going on.

Lentrax
2012-09-06, 11:57 AM
"I just want information. Tell me what I want to know, and I will go away. I woke up in that warehouse there," Shiela points behind her. "what can you tell me about it?"

Karnius
2012-09-06, 12:32 PM
Abigail begins to advance towards the door, stepping carefully forward whilst watching the man closely. Abigail doesn't recognise him but to her he smells like the finest wine she can imagine. She knows that she needs to be cautious but she can't help moving forwards to get a better view and more of the delicious scent.

Hazuki
2012-09-06, 08:09 PM
"I work there." The man tells you with his eyes firmly on your gun, and his hands held by his sides. "We're freelance drivers, and I came here tonight expecting work, but apparently all the vehicles have been rented out, and I wasn't told beforehand."

Lentrax
2012-09-07, 04:19 AM
Shiela slowly uncocks the gun, and lowers it.

"I see." Something about this was wrong. she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

I can almost taste him. He smells so good.

Just rip his throat out and be done with your thirst.

No. His friends over there would kill me.

Then we will handle this like we did the Russians.

We will be quick. Short but sweet. Yesss.

A smile spread over Sheila's face, as the idea took her. She holstered her gun.

"Good. As you know, names are pointless to those of us in, shall we say, dubious professions, yes? Call your friends over. We have work for you in the warehouse."

Sheila snaps her fingers, once. "My shoes, if you please, Doctor."

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-07, 06:33 AM
Albus glances down and spots the shoes by the door. He stoops, grabs the shoes, and casually walks over to Sheila and the man. "Should I be concerned about what you're planning?"

Lentrax
2012-09-07, 07:00 AM
"Planning, dear Doctor? Now that we know they can keep their mouths shut, we can bring them inside to give them details on the job."

Shiela puts her shoes back on, and motions to the man with a friendly gesture.

With a smile, Shiela begins escorting the man back to the warehouse."Please. Bring your friends inside so we can begin."

Hazuki
2012-09-07, 07:44 AM
"My friends weren't working tonight, that's why I'm the only one who showed up." The man tries to explain to you, and doesn't move from the spot where he stands. "And I don't mean any offense, but if you're hiring, you'll need to ring my boss. I just drive the trucks."

Lentrax
2012-09-07, 08:34 AM
"You do not wish to get paid? Very well. You're a driver. I'm a client. If you do not want my money, or the further jobs my organization can provide, then I will take the Family's money elsewhere."

Shiela turns and starts away.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-07, 10:39 AM
Deciding to play along for now, Albus turns and follows her. I could just smack him upside the head if I wanted, I've got this nice cane after all. No! No, we're not doing that. We're not playing that game, Albus. We're not going to hurt people. Any more than we have to.

Lentrax
2012-09-07, 11:45 AM
Since she is not being followed, Shiela will murmur to the Doctor, "I work for the Martinelli Family. Play along with what I am doing. If all goes well, we will get out of here in one piece. If not, we will be digging many graves. Ours will be among them." Her tone of voice implies she has done this kind of thing before.

Hazuki
2012-09-07, 11:54 AM
The man gives an uneasy smile as Shiela begins walking away. "I'm fine with my current job, thanks. I don't have guns pointing at me that way." With a sigh, he lets you walk away without any further words and taps his fingers on the back casing of his cell phone.

Lentrax
2012-09-07, 12:44 PM
"Ah, what a pity," Shiela says back to him."Mr. Martinelli was so anxious to use your talents."

She turns back and meets his eye. "Are you sure you do not wish to hear the generous offer being made to you on behalf of the Family?"

Hazuki
2012-09-07, 01:37 PM
"There are plenty of drivers out there." The man in the bright jacket dismisses and takes a few steps to walk around the box he stood beside. "I think I'd like to get back to my home now."

Lentrax
2012-09-07, 02:24 PM
"I don't think so, friend." Shiela spins him around to look him in the eye again. This time, she shoves her pistol into his throat.

"You are coming into the warehouse with us."

Waiting to see if I am rerolling before I actually spend my willpower. It will be intimidate this time.
[roll0]

Lentrax
2012-09-07, 03:26 PM
Last roll for intimidate: [roll0]

Hazuki
2012-09-08, 10:22 AM
The man in the jacket locks his blue eyes with yours and steps forward so the gun is pushing deeper into his throat. "If you're going to shoot me, you better not miss, because I'm not going to be pushed around by a thug."

Karnius
2012-09-08, 10:55 AM
Abigail does her best to follow Shiela's conversation with the strange man but she doesn't understand exactly what she is planning to do: if she wanted to hurt or kill him she could easily do so - with the gun and Donovan's help, at least. She ponders for a few moments what the Russian could be planning then gives up, unable to concentrate fully with the man's delicious scent in her nostrils. If Shiela was willing to spend so much time trying to get the man into the building she probably had a good reason for it.

Abigail walks forward as casually as possible, her heels clicking regularly against the hard floor, and beams a wide, inviting smile at the stranger. The smile was a practised one, as was the pose she affected: warm, inviting and interested only in the man opposite her.

"Please, Mr...? Forgive my friend's temper. There has been a huge misunderstanding here, I'm so sorry to have brought you out here all this way and to have caused you so much trouble. Perhaps we can work something out - I'm sure that if you come inside that we can find something for you to do. You will be paid, don't worry about that."

Presence+Persuasion? Not sure if I get a bonus from Striking Looks, will leave it out for now. [roll0]

Lentrax
2012-09-08, 11:34 AM
"I vanted dis to be plesanht." Shiela's accent seems to be coming as unhinged as her temper.

"Don't you know who I am, you piece of ****? I am the only Russian capo in any of the major families."

As Abigail walks up and makes her offer, Shiela decides to wait, a wicked grin on her face.

Sorry for the language. If it makes anyone uncomfortable tell me and I will stop.

Hazuki
2012-09-08, 06:43 PM
The bejacketed man looks to Abigail with apathy in his eyes, as he ignores the words of the russian mobster. "No, I'm not going with you. If you're earnest, then let an honest man go home without any more threats from somebody wielding a gun."

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-08, 07:18 PM
Albus steps part way between Shiela and the driver. "Now Shiela, there's no need for threats. If he doesn't want to come with us, we can't talk him into it, whether through threats or honeyed promises of payment." He lowers his voice so the driver can't hear him. "We're all hungry, and he's not going to come along quietly with promises of payment. Either shoot him or let em go club him, but either way, I'm tired of waiting." The look on his face is intense, but his internal monologue is not. Whoa, where did that come from? That's not me. That's like some sort of beast talking through me. What is going on?

Karnius
2012-09-08, 08:26 PM
Abigail bites back a frustrated retort, her face falling, surprised and hurt. The man is absolutely right: he's just some innocent stranger that's been called out here for no reason and threatened by an increasingly unhinged Russian woman with a gun. Even if Shiela does have a plan for the guy, he isn't just there for us to use - and if we go with Shiela's plan then I don't see the poor man making it out of the warehouse alive. I don't know what's going on here, but whatever it is this guy seems innocent and doesn't deserve to die. Abigail bites down on her lip again, though not hard enough to puncture the skin, and restrains her lust for blood. She gently but firmly lays her hands on Albus' and Shiela's shoulders.

Abigail looks up again at the driver. "My friend is right: you want to go home, so you should go. Please, go now. No more threats." Abigail's hands tighten on her companions' shoulders as her appetite threatens to overwhelm her, strengthened by the need to stop the maddening aroma of the driver leaving her behind, but she remains in control.

Please, leave! I can't stop myself forever, and I definitely can't stop Shiela!

Lentrax
2012-09-08, 09:36 PM
A long stream of Russian flies from the mouth of the mobster.

With a shove Shiela pushes the man down and away from her, then stalks back to the warehouse.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-08, 09:50 PM
Look at him. He's on the ground already; what are you waiting for? Just strike him. Once, in the back of the head. Do it hard enough, and he won't feel a thing. Then you can drink to your heart's content. Why are you hesitating? Do it! Strike him! Hit him! Bite him! Give him a hug. Albus blinks. No! I'm not hurting him. I don't know what I was thinking before, but there's a better way. Stiffly, he spins on a heel and walks back into the warehouse, his cane held in a vice grip. "God, I'm so thirsty."

Lentrax
2012-09-08, 11:59 PM
Just kill them all. It'll be easier than you think.

It's nothing we haven't done before, after all.

No! I don't even know what they know

As Shiela storms back into the warehouse, she is still muttering in Russian.

God, I am so damn thirsty.

Lentrax
2012-09-09, 08:26 AM
Shiela begins pacing just inside the door.

This isn't a hit. It can't be.

Why not?

Because they would have just killed me and left my body at the shop.

What is it then?

I don't know. Are they going to try and make us walk the streets again?

Is this even the Russians?

If not, then who?

Does it matter?

I suppose not.

"Let's go."

Speaking that last part aloud snapped Shiela out of her pacing long enough to see the others staring at her. And what a sight it was too. Her, the only Russian member of the Cosa Nostra, was pacing around like a lunatic, her hand still holding her gun clutched to her head. She puts her hand down.

"Let's just get out of here and sort out what happened. And who did it."

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-09, 10:34 AM
"Agreed. There's no more point in staying here. Let's head back into the city, and we can find something to drink, clear our heads a bit, and look into what happened."

Hazuki
2012-09-09, 12:56 PM
"Thank you." The man in the jacket's voice is rugged as his breaths as he quickly walks away with his heart pumping so loudly in his chest that his pumping blood calls to the hunger running through you. But then he's gone, past the group of young people hanging around a shipping crate, and towards 12th Avenue.

Karnius
2012-09-09, 05:31 PM
Abigail watches the driver leave, a mixture of torturous desire and overwhelming relief flooding through her as she sees him leave uninjured. She listens to the others discuss their plans - leaving, heading somewhere into the city in the hope of finding out what was going on. That's not a bad idea. I'd love to know what the hell is going on here. So many questions...

As she listens, Abigail continues to watch the man hurry away, and as he passes a shipping crate and disappears her eyes alight on a group of young people hanging about around the crate. She knows that she found it hard to control herself with the driver, that she might lose herself and maybe even attack one of them, but she persuades herself that she can handle it and tries to ignore the little voice in the back of her head. The one telling her that she's deluding herself, that she wants to lose control and give in to the hunger.

I'll ask them where we are, what they've seen...That's a good reason to talk to them. I can handle it. I know I can. I am in control.

Paying little attention to the others, Abigail begins to walk forward in the direction of the young people gathered around the crate, her hands clenching and unclenching and her eyes half-closed as she focuses on anything but blood. Abigail approaches the group and stops a short distance away, looking them over one by one.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-09, 05:56 PM
Albus notices Abigail start walking toward the youths. Oh, this might end poorly. He follows her,but stays back a bit, closer to the warehouse, outside the radius of the lights.

Hazuki
2012-09-09, 06:47 PM
One of the young men leans against a corner of the shipping crate, with a purple woolen hat pulled over his head and a packet of beef jerky in the other. He seems to be the one doing the most talking to the others in the group, and seems to be quite handsome in his own right.

A tall girl sits with her legs hanging over the top of the crate, chewing absentmindedly on a piece of beef jerky as she flicks through a magazine that sits beside her, with a purple scarf wrapped around her slender neck.

The other two sit on a stack of crates, with a tall green bottle wrapped in a brown bag being passed between them as they take a swig and chatter minimally to each other. The boy and the girl wear purple t-shirts.

The man in the hat notices Abigail's approach first and looks her over once, before giving her a nod to acknowledge her presence. "Yeah?"

Abigail, Albus, Donovan
You see that the young man in the hat has a switchblade hanging from his belt. Sitting beside the girl on the shipping crate is what looks like a heavy duty wrench.

Lentrax
2012-09-09, 09:24 PM
Shiela is going to start looking around the inside of the warehouse for anything that may be of use, vehicles, information, an address and a phone, anything.

Karnius
2012-09-10, 11:23 AM
Abigail looks around the group, quickly spotting the weapons sported by the youths as well as the way that all of them appear to be wearing something purple. For a moment she thinks that they could be part of some kind of gang and tries to think of any gangs she's heard of that use purple as an identifying colour.

Intelligence + Streetwise (?) [roll0]

However, Abigail decides that she has more pressing issues than whether the group is part of a gang - they are armed and need to be treated with caution. Pushing down her hunger she looks at the man who spoke, smiling slightly to appear friendly but not so much that she looks like a weak target (which, she realises, must be obvious anyway).

"Hey. Can you help me out? I'm looking for some friends of mine who were here earlier. Have you seen anyone else around here tonight?"

Hazuki
2012-09-10, 11:47 AM
Abigail

As the man takes his back off of the corner of the crate, you browse through your mind for knowledge of any purple-wearing gangs, but none come to mind. He meets your eyes for only a moment, until they sway to the water. "Just that guy in the jacket, the one that just left? And a truck came in earlier. But my memory's a little short..." The girl on top of the shipping crate tries to hide a snicker.

Shiela
After five minutes of searching...

Your investigation into the warehouse and the places inside don't yield much information, which is likely due to your lack of training or experience in detective work. Most of the bays for the trucks are filled, with a few exceptions, and you see that there is a locked door to an office with the name "Mr. Brooke" inscribed on a metal plate on the front of it.

Lentrax
2012-09-10, 12:46 PM
There is nothing here. We need to get out of here before... Wait. why is this door locked? It could be just an office. Or there could be something behind it, just waiting to be found.

If she has anything to pick the lock with, I believe it is dexterity +larceny?

Karnius
2012-09-10, 01:03 PM
Abigail begins to tense up, preparing for any sudden movements. She turns her head briefly to look into the water, following the gaze of the man who was presumably the leader of the group, then looks back quickly to face him again. Abigail feels her eyes drawn towards his neck, but shakes herself and does her best to focus. She takes out a couple of notes, around twenty dollars in total, holding them obviously but carefully to herself in one hand whilst watching the man and his gang closely. Abigail's other hand remains in her bag, clutched around her hidden canister of pepper spray.

"I'd be happy to repay you for helping me out...how's your memory now?"

ChaosLord29
2012-09-10, 01:46 PM
Donovan steps up behind Abigail, smiling broadly at the gang punks, sizing up both their number and their strength. His smile, while friendly speaks plainly about what he thinks of both, but he figures that Abby is on the right track as to getting information.

"Tell you what, boyos . . . " He says, peering down at the lot of them, "You tell the pretty lass here what you saw about the truck and the next round of drinks are on me." He addresses his comments not to the pretty boy leader, but to the assembled thugs behind them, trying to get a feel for just what sort of 'gang' they were dealing with here.

"Or . . ." He gives a wink to the girl sitting up on the crates, "If you're looking for more fun than just laying about the docs, we can get you in at a few of the clubs and bars downtown."

Hazuki
2012-09-10, 02:17 PM
The man in the hat looks between the two people offering deals and a frown creases his brow. He looks to Abigail and nods at her, accepting her deal as opposed to Donovan's. He pulls a tourist leaflet out of his pocket and tears out a page near the back, then proceeds to scribble on it with a pen from his pocket for a short while and folds it in two. He places the folded paper between his fingers and offers that hand to Abigail, while holding out his other hand to accept the money. "I'm not gonna get played, here, so you take my paper and I take yours."

The girl atop the shipping crate listens to the words of the 'pretty boy', then watches Donovan carefully, and slides her hand to her other side warily. The ones on the crates watch Donovan and seem to be more eager than the others about getting some booze, but keep tight-lipped.

Karnius
2012-09-10, 05:04 PM
Abigail glances over her shoulder at Donovan and flashes him a nervous smile. His presence reassures Abigail somewhat, and she relaxes her grip on her pepper spray canister, letting it fall back into her bag as she pulls her hand away. She takes a few steps forward, warily watching the man with the leader as she advances up to him. Abigail holds out the money in her left hand, keeping a firm grip on it whilst reaching for the leaflet with her other hand. She looks into the eyes of the man for a few moments before taking a grip on the folded leaflet and holding the bills up and relaxing her hold on them slightly.

Please let this work. Just take the money and give me what I want.

Hazuki
2012-09-10, 05:09 PM
The man takes your money and lets go of the leaflet page for you to take, then takes a few steps back. "Done." He says, as he wraps the wad of money in an elastic band and tosses it up to the girl perching on the shipping crate, who stuffs it down her bra. "Need anything else?"

Taking a brief look at the contents of the leaflet page, you see a description and a small series of events written down.

Karnius
2012-09-10, 05:58 PM
Abigail snatches the leaflet away and steps back quickly, giving the leaflet a quick glance just to verify that it had something written on it that might actually be worth the money. Somewhat satisfied, she stashes the leaflet into her bag and glances again at Donovan before looking back at the gang. She pauses for a few moments. What now? I've got what I asked for, and I can't get what I really want.

"Good doing business with you. If there's anything else, we'll be back."

With that, Abigail turns around and walks back to Donovan and towards the warehouse and the others. As she does so she withdraws the leaflet from her bag and begins to read it, gritting her teeth against her hunger pangs as she does so.

ChaosLord29
2012-09-10, 05:58 PM
If Donovan had still been alive, he figured his stomach would have growled audibly. As it was, the lead gangers comments simply underscored the seething need he felt for the sanguine nectar which coursed through these lowlife's veins. He struggled to keep his smile steady, telling himself that the last thing he wanted was a bloodbath. Problem was, that was more and more exactly what it was that he wanted, and these punk kids were all but deserving of one. He struggled to remember that only a few short years ago, he was more or less like them: running his own gang of street toughs, looking for trouble and good times. It did little to justify leaving them be in his mind, but much to forget his contempt for what he was growing increasingly to think of as 'prey'.

"And what assurance do we have that you haven't contrived some neat little bull**** for your own amusement?" Donovan asks. He told himself he was just being cautious, just trying to make sure they weren't being ripped off, but the truth was he was spoiling for a fight, looking for any excuse to make good on his muscles promise of a thousand kinds of pain for these lowlifes, and the well earned feast that would follow . . .

Hazuki
2012-09-10, 06:18 PM
Donovan

The man looks into Donovan's hungry eyes and gives him a shrug of his shoulders, as he takes out another piece of beef jerky to chew on. "The same reason I don't trust promises of drinks from a guy who's dressed like you are. Street smarts. If I bull**** somebody now, there's a good chance it'll come back to bite me and my friends in the ass. But if I tell them the truth, there's a chance for more money in the bank soon. Dig?" He asks, taking a bite from his tasty treat.

Shiela

Your attempts to pick the lock on the office aren't successful as you use a spare hair pin, but you think you're close. It doesn't seem to be a very good lock.

Karnius
2012-09-10, 07:12 PM
After studying the contents of the leaflet, Abigail stops, folds up the leaflet and slips it deep into her bag. She takes a couple of deep breaths - again, more as a habit than out of actual need - counting to ten as she does so. The information given by the gang could be useful, but right now it just serves to make this evening even more confusing. Abigail folds her arms and ignores everything around her, concentrating entirely on coming up with a plan to make the world make sense again.

Okay. I can't feel myself breathe, or my heartbeat. Maybe I'm just going a bit crazy? I've heard of people obsessing over feeling already dead. Even if that's true, I did get kidnapped, and then left here. Why? Why just leave me here? Maybe...

Abigail's eyes are drawn again to the ribbon around her wrist, and they widen in realisation. The Lunar Sun! Of course! We'd better get going!

Abigail snaps out of her concentration and strides back into the warehouse to find the doctor and Shiela, gesturing to Donovan to follow her. On entering the warehouse, Abigail calls out to the others.

"I think I know where we have to go. Where we're meant to go. I'm not entirely sure, but it seems like our best move right now. Let's get some transport or let's get walking."

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-10, 09:21 PM
Albus steps up behind Donovan and places a hand on his shoulder. "Come on. We've got information now, and Abigail seems to have a plan now. We should follow her lead and play nice for now." Albus takes his hand away from Donovan's shoulder and turns back to the warehouse. "I'm going to go get Shiela, and then we should be off." He walks back into the warehouse, calling out for the Russian woman. "Shiela! We've got a lead, courtesy of Abigail, and we're going to follow up on it. You coming?"

ChaosLord29
2012-09-10, 09:32 PM
Donovan eyes the gangers with more than a little bloodlust in his eyes, but Albus's words bring him back to reality. That and Abigail's mention of a plan and a place to go. "Right . . . this lot couldn't be any use to us now anyway." He mutters as he turns. "What do you reckon Abby? What's on the paper, and where do you think we should head?"

Lentrax
2012-09-10, 10:01 PM
You piece of...

"Shiela, you coming?"

With another forlorn look at the lock, Shiela turns to go. Checking that her gun is where it should be, she heads back to the others.

"Where are we going?"

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-10, 10:09 PM
"Abigail knows. It's her idea, not that she's shared too many details yet. I think it has something to do with the ribbon she's wearing, though I can't recall what it says on it." Albus leads Shiela back to Abigail and Donovan. "Lead the way."

Karnius
2012-09-11, 04:50 AM
Abigail looks around at her companions, smiling briefly at capturing their attention so quickly. I guess they're as desperate as me to find out what's going on. She holds up her right hand, showing off the royal purple and gold ribbon fastened about her wrist.

"This thing seems to be from Lunar Sun, a pretty pricey club on 34th Street. It's the sort of place where people go to do what they do privately, not that I've ever been there. I didn't have it on me until I woke up here, so I figure that it's a clue - whoever brought us here wants us to go to the club. We should be looking for a short blonde woman with hazel eyes, wearing 'hipster' clothes."

Abigail looks around, smiling grimly. "Now, is there any transport around here or are we walking?"

Lentrax
2012-09-11, 05:04 AM
"If anyone has a phone, I do have money for a taxi."

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-11, 05:40 AM
Albus pulls his phone out of his pocket and hands it to Shiela. "Sure thing, thanks. I'll pay you back when I can get some cash."

Lentrax
2012-09-11, 06:51 AM
Nodding to Albus, Shiela takes the phone. "Think nothing of it. Consider it an apology for the way I acted when I first woke up."

Finding the address for the warehouse isn't terribly hard. Dialing the number for a taxi company, Shiela arranges for a ride for the four of them to the Lunar Sun. Bringing the phone back over, she hands it to Albus, then turns to Abigail.

"How exactly, do you know who we are looking for?"

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-11, 07:02 AM
Albus takes the phone and slips back into his pocket. "All is forgiven, and I appreciate the lift."

Karnius
2012-09-11, 09:32 AM
Abigail turns to Shiela. "I don't know if she'll be at the club. That group outside saw a woman roughly their age like that driving a truck inside here and leaving earlier tonight on foot. My guess is that the people who took us here want us to go to the club: maybe this woman will be here, maybe not, but the club and her description are the best we've got right now."

Lentrax
2012-09-11, 12:33 PM
"I see. Well, hopefully we can learn who is behind this, deal with them, and move on with our lives."

Shiela reaches into an inner pocket in her suit, pulls out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter, and takes a long pull.

She blows the smoke out through her nose as she replaces everything into her suit. "It will be a few minutes for the taxi. I hope you don't mind."

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-11, 12:43 PM
As Shiela's lighter flares and the tip of the cigarette catches, Albus instinctively steps away from her. His posture stiffens, and he appears highly uncomfortable. His eyes never leave the glowing tip of the cigarette.

ChaosLord29
2012-09-11, 12:47 PM
" . . . Lunar Sun . . . " Donovan mulls over the name outloud, thinking to himself what he knows about it. It's certainly not one of his regularly frequented spots for leads or customers, but the nightlife frequenters who he had interacted with these past few months must know something or let something slip about it. Still, none of these pieces made any sense to him. A short blonde woman coming to the warehouse district at this time of night? And driving a truck? What purpose could she have had rounding the lot of them up, or for that matter how could a woman like that have subdued him with only a rag and some ether. 'Who uses ether anymore these days anyway . . . '

"Let's get going then," He assents keeping a sharp eye out for the taxi.

Hazuki
2012-09-11, 02:06 PM
The flame of Shiela's zippo evokes a feeling of unease in the group as she smokes in the fumes of her cigarette. It stays until a yellow cab rolls up to sidewalk that sits by the warehouse and honks its horn to let everyone know it's there.

As you look in the window, you see a middle aged man tapping his fingers on the wheel as he waits for everyone to get in. "Where are we going?" He asks, as the thought of being in a confined in a small space with him sends another flash of hunger through your bodies.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-11, 02:08 PM
Albus climbs into the back, making sure to put as much distance between himself and Shiela's cigarette as possible. "The Lunar Sun, I believe it was. And quickly, if you don't mind."

Lentrax
2012-09-11, 02:12 PM
Dropping what little remained of her cigarette to the ground, Shiela crushes it with her shoe as the taxi arrived.

"There will be an extra fifty in it for you if we get there in lesss than twenty minutes." Shiela says as she climbs into the front passenger seat.

ChaosLord29
2012-09-11, 02:18 PM
Donovan takes the seat up front, needing the extra space to accommodate his sizable frame. Sitting next to the cabby however does give him pause as he can't help but eye the veins at this neck. It's a nearly irresistible lure, but the knowledge that they need him to get where they're going and the idea of getting into a car accident manage to help him suppress it. To keep his mind off of things, he goes to his pocket for his cell phone, not sure what he'll do with it, but thinking it's at least something to help pass the time.

His own phone is one of those cheap, prepaid plastic flip phones they cell at the stands at malls and on street corners. Tucked next to it however is a small sheet of paper. He had completely forgotten about seeing it when they awoke in the warehouse, and but after Abigail's realization about the wristband, he wonders if it might have been left by their assailants for whatever reason. Pulling it from his pocket, he nearly tears the paper as he unfolds it to reveal the contents.

Hazuki
2012-09-12, 12:17 PM
"Alright. Buckle in." The cab driver waits for everyone to do so as he warms up the engine, before beginning a drive through the night traffic of New York City. It takes a while, but within fifteen minutes, you pull up on the sidewalk opposite of Lunar Sun, with a line of people waiting outside one door with their fresh scent all gathered together and reminding you of your constant hunger.

Sitting atop the front door are the words "The Lunar Sun" written in neon purple, on top of a sleek black surface. All kinds of people are lined up, and the line seems to be moving quickly to let the people in, as a few inebriated, weak, people stumble out into the alleyways to get home. At the opposite corner of the building stands a wiry-looking but handsome man wearing a suit, with a pair of sunglasses over his eyes as he shoots a charming smile at the woman who walks into the door beside him, marked for VIPs. She wears a purple ribbon on her wrist.

"Well, here we are." The driver says after a cough, and looks over to Shiela expectantly.

ChaosLord29
2012-09-12, 12:37 PM
Donovan takes a moment to reflect on the contents of the paper as they pile out of the cab, 'Now that is interesting . . . ' He thinks to himself, but hesitates to share any of the information just yet. Instead, he climbs out of the cab and immediately scans the line of club goers like a starving man surveying a buffet. It takes him nearly half a minute to remember why they're there, so preoccupied is he with the idea sizing up a number of the patrons as appetizers, main-course, dessert . . .

Spotting the VIP section though, he lets out a sharp whistle towards the others, and moves to the velvet rope, waiting for them there.

Lentrax
2012-09-12, 12:49 PM
Shiela reaches into a coat pocket and pulls out a silver money clip. Pulling out the amount for the fare as well as the promised tip, Shiela hands over the money. Sliding out of the cab, she walks over to where Donovan waits. Noting the number of people in line, her thirst peaks again, threatening to overpower her, urging her to just give in.

What is wrong with me? I have never before looked at people this way. Not even when all I had was the heroin they pumped into me years ago...

Wishing she had something to fidget with besides her gun, Shiela instead straightens her suit, pulling out wrinkles and brushing off some dirt still there from the warehouse.

"Let's just get inside, da? I need a drink."

ChaosLord29
2012-09-12, 01:06 PM
Shiela's words manage to end Donovan's sanguine reverie, and he decides to use the moment to size up again the finely attired, gun toting woman. It keeps his mind off those in line for a moment as they wait for a spot next to the velvet rope.

"So ruski, I mean, eh, Shiela." Donovan corrects himself with a clearing of his throat. The name sounds a bit odd to him, since in his home borough, 'shiela' was the simplest way to refer to any seemingly unattached girl you might see. "You told that driver arse back at the docks that you were with the Family . . . you did mean the eyeties, da?" He emphasizes the last word for a bit of irony, but drops his thick irish brogue just long enough to manage a near flawless Russian accent.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-12, 01:44 PM
Albus climbs out of the cab, and extends an arm to aid Abigail. "So, here we are. The VIP door seems to be letting people with those arm bands through. Shall we head that way?" He pointedly ignores the line of people, knowing full well that his hunger is growing by the second. It'll be fine. We'll get inside, hopefully get some answers, and maybe even something to drink.

Lentrax
2012-09-12, 01:57 PM
"Da. I do work for them. I have for many years. Perhaps one day you may hear the story, but now I just want a vodka, and something to eat."

Shiela eyes the people in line hungrily.

"Abigail, please come along."

ChaosLord29
2012-09-12, 02:24 PM
Donovan lets out a brief harumph at Shiela's gruff manner, "Well, if the suit is any indication, that's working out well for you. I'd prefer a whiskey though once we get inside . . . Speaking of which . . . " Donovan turns away from the others and sidles up to the bouncer, assuming his own persona as a bouncer and doing his best to appear a kindred spirit.

"I heard you were the man to ask about a Mr. Rosen. My friends and received word from him earlier this evening that this was the place to be." He kept his words suitably vague, again, regretting his under-dress for the occasion, he hardly looked ready to hit the clubs standing next to all the socialites, not to mention the finely attired Abby, Shiela, and Doctor. He hoped though the name, his manners and the Abby's purple wristband would be enough to get them in though. 'Maybe I should ask that ruski where she gets her suits tailored.' he thinks to himself, again lamenting his lack of funds recently.

Karnius
2012-09-12, 03:38 PM
Abigail looks out of the taxi, smiling broadly. After the chaos of her night so far she is very glad to be back in the world she knows. It doesn't matter that she's never visited the club before: it's a club, and she has all that she needs to get inside and have some fun. The powerful sense of fear and shock that had been waxing and waning since waking up in the warehouse and arriving here is temporarily banished by familiar sights and sounds, and the tantalising smell of young, vibrant people. The fact that she is finding it hard not to begin tearing into people to drink their lifeblood horrifies her a little less now than it did before - the familiar feel of places like the Lunar Sun makes Abigail relax slightly and distracts her from the nightmare, for a little while at least.

Spotting the VIP entrance, Abigail gratefully takes Albus' arm and pulls herself into the night air, the scent of life intensifying.

"Thank you, doctor. I think that the others are waiting for us - let's see if we can get in without a fuss."

Abigail strides confidently forwards towards the handsome man on duty at the VIP entrance. Smiling pleasantly, she stands just in front of the bouncer and flashes the ribbon around her wrist at him.

"I've brought some guests with me this evening. Will that be a problem?"

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-12, 04:22 PM
ALbus follows her over to the door and stands waiting with the others.

Hazuki
2012-09-13, 12:01 PM
As the group approaches the bouncer in the finely made suit, they feel a sense of unease growing inside them that culminates in a chill running through their bones as he levels his cool blue eyes on them. A predatory smirk comes across his lips. All they want to do is shy away from the man, to get away from him as soon as they can.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs45/f/2009/065/4/f/4f6df1c20025f29f597986eeff529d44.jpg

His eyes first turn to Abigail's wrist and his unnerving smirk remains as he opens the door and gestures for her to enter. "Good evening. Of course you can go in, beautiful. You're Mr. Ambrogio's guest, if I remember his description correctly. Booth twelve."

Next he looks to Donovan and smiles at him with a nod. "Go right in. Mr. Rosen is in booth one. But bring some nicer shoes next time,please." He teases he large man with a beat of chuckling.

Then, he looks to Shiela and Albus. "I'm afraid I don't know who you two fine people are, but you can go in if Mr. Ambrogio's guest wants you to. Try not to ruffle any feathers for me."

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-13, 12:11 PM
Albus shudders slightly, and centers himself. "Of course, thank you." He moves past the door man, following Abigail and Donovan.

Lentrax
2012-09-13, 12:41 PM
So, we are expected. And not by the person we were looking for. Interesting.

Shiela gave the bouncer her best smile, as she walks with Abigail into the club. "I only ruffle the feathers I am told to. It is same for you, nyet?"

ChaosLord29
2012-09-13, 01:19 PM
Normally, being teased by such a pretty boy would be all the reason Donovan would need to make a fight of things, but the preternatural unnerving presence of the man kept not only his more bloody minded but blood thirsty impulses in check. Swallowing hard, Donovan did his best to put on an equally confident smile as the bouncer and made his way past the velvet rope with a nod of his head.

Only once he was inside did he start breathing easier for the moment.

Taking stock of his surroundings, he makes his way determindely for booth number one.

"I'll meet up with the rest of you in an hour, back by the exit here." He mutters.

Lentrax
2012-09-13, 04:00 PM
Shoela makes her way over to the bar, and leans against it, checking out the crowd inside the club. She waves down the bartender and throws a couple of bills on the bar.

"Vodka. Straight, and leave the bottle please."

Karnius
2012-09-14, 01:38 PM
Abigail shivers as the man speaks to her and the others but smiles automatically as he calls her 'beautiful'. She nods her thanks to the bouncer and moves swiftly past him into the club with Shiela.

"Of course, Shiela. Keep quiet around the wrong crowd, and dazzle the right one. With that in mind, I'm going to go and find my 'host', Mister Ambrogio. I'll meet you at the bar when I can."

If I can.

Abigail gazes around the room, searching for booths, and booth number twelve in particular.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-14, 02:05 PM
Albus, very obviously out of his element in the nightclub, looks around for an empty booth, trying his very best not to appear nervous.

Hazuki
2012-09-14, 02:55 PM
The VIP section of the club seems to fit its name well, with a far fewer number in its walls than most clubs, with most of it populated by male and female waitresses wearing buttoned-down shirts to reveal their cleavage, pecs, and necks as they wander around to serve drinks to the VIPs. Crimson booths are lined up along all of the walls of the circular room, with a circular dance floor in the center and a small stage inside that.

The flashing lights slowly shift colors as they strobe across the room, with music just loud enough to send a beat through the bodies of the dancers and quiet enough for people to be able to talk without yelling.

Shiela
The bartender flashes you a smile as she slides a shot glass and a bottle of vodka down the sleek mirror surface of the bar, before following its path herself and giving a wink of her blue eyes. "Are you sure that's the drink you're thirsty for?"

Albus
You find a booth near the back of the room that's been left empty, and gives you a good view of the rest of the room, including the empty stage where a singer might be. You see Donovan and Abigail moving to each of the booths given to them by the bouncer, as well as Shiela getting a drink at the bar. The necks of each of the waiters and waitresses are what catch your eyes the most; exposed to let their scent flow through the air and spark the hunger inside you once again.

Strangely, only two bells made out of metal wait on the table.

Lentrax
2012-09-14, 03:41 PM
Catching the glass, Shiela downs the shot fast enough to catch the bottle before it goes too far. Hearing the question, she smiles sardonically, but never having been here before, she isn't entirely sure what is being offered.

"To tell the truth, I would not turn down something... stronger. I don't suppose you have anything back there that might," Sheila grins wickedly at the bartender, "satisfy me?"

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-14, 03:47 PM
Deciding to focus on something other than the necks, and more accurately, blood, of the people around him, Albus turns his attention to the bells. Picking them each up in turn, he studies them, his eyes and fingers running over the surface of each. Each one he holds up to his ear and rings softly.

Hazuki
2012-09-14, 04:02 PM
Shiela

"We sure do." The bartender laughs, as she shifts to sit on the bar between you and slips her shirt off of her neck to let you see the gentle pumping of the fresh blood through her veins, with the motions of somebody who's done so a hundred time before. "Fifty dollars for the pleasure."

Albus

Each of the bells ring softly against your ear, each of them plain except for the shimmer of polish. They ring in a distinctly different tone.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-14, 05:02 PM
Albus puts the bells back down, and looks around at the other tables, checking to see if there are bells on them, as well. I have no idea what these bells are for. Service, perhaps?

Hazuki
2012-09-14, 05:25 PM
All of the other tables seem to have a pair of bells, made out of the same materials, sitting on the edges of them. As Albus' gaze travels across the room, her notices the bartender exposing the flesh of her neck to Shiela, as well as two of the servers moving to the booth Donovan entered.

Lentrax
2012-09-14, 09:49 PM
So, I just pay her and she just let's me... Drink... I think... I...

Shiela drops her money on the counter, and caresses the bartenders neck. Then she has her teeth in that sweet tasting neck. As the blood rushes into her mouth, Shiela is in heaven. She drinks every drop that flows into her mouth.

Lentrax
2012-09-15, 05:06 AM
As she drinks, all the thoughts tickling the back of Shiela's mind rush forward.

We have no pulse.

We aren't breathing.

Our thirst.

What am I doing?

Breaking the connection to the bartenders neck, Shiela looks at her hand. It is dripping with blood that leaked from her mouth.

What the hell is going on?

Rolling occult to see if Shiela can figure it out.
[roll0]

Hazuki
2012-09-16, 06:59 AM
Shiela

You drink deeply of the bartender's blood, and with, each gulp of the ambrosial liquid, you are spurred on to drink more and more of it. Clarity strikes you as you take down another few mouthfuls and the Bartender goes limp in your arms, and you yank your head away from her just in time to see her slip out of consciousness.

Another servers quickly rushes over with with eyes, slipping around the bar to aid her unconscious colleague.

You gain 6 vitae.

You believe some of these attributes are associated with vampires in common myth.

Lentrax
2012-09-16, 07:51 AM
Are we... Am I... A vampire?

Shiela watches as the other servers help the bartender. Assuming no one is going to stop her, Shiela takes the bottle of vodka, grabs two glasses and heads for the booth Albus is sitting in.

Pouring out a drink for both of them, Shiela sits down, giving one of the glasses to the doctor. Clinking them together, Shiela downs the drink and pours another.

"Tell me something, Doctor. What do you k ow about vampires?"

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-16, 10:12 AM
Albus shrugs. "About as much as the next guy. Drink blood, unable to go into the sun, generally nocturnal, most of the myths claim they fear crosses and garlic. Immortal, undead, very hard to kill. Can transform into bats, and can use mind-control powers on people. At least, that's what the movies and books claim. ...Why do you ask?" Albus looks at the vodka, but doesn't drink. Strange, vodka is usually enjoyable. Why don't I want to drink any now?

Lentrax
2012-09-16, 11:39 AM
"Think about our symptoms, Doctor. Then consider this.

Shiela downs another shot of vodka before speaking again.

"I just bit into a young woman's neck, and drank her blood." She lets that statement sink in for a moment.

"I think that is what we are now, Doctor."

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-16, 11:53 AM
Albus taps his finger on the table as he thinks. "Under ordinary circumstances, I would believe all of this to be some sort of delusion. The craving for blood, the belief that we lack vital signs, especially the urge to bite into the necks of everyone around us, all of it seems like some sort of delusion. However, given the fact that the four of us have all experienced the same symptoms, I am inclined to rule out psychosis. What you say makes sense, if we allow for vampires to exist. But that raises two interesting questions." Albus holds up one finger. "First, won't that girl you drank from rise as a vampire as well?" He holds up a second finger. "And two, one other bit of vampire trivia I remember. Vampires can't eat normal food or drink. If that's true, drinking that vodka will be painful for you."

Lentrax
2012-09-16, 12:42 PM
"If it is true, then we are already dead, and it won't matter."

Shiela motions to the club at large.

"How do you suppose Abigail and Donovan are doing?"

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-16, 03:36 PM
Albus glances out over the club, and then turns back to Shiela. "Truth be told, I haven't the foggiest idea. This is the first time I've ever been to one of these clubs."

Albus glances back at the bar. "...How did you say you got your drink, again?"

Lentrax
2012-09-16, 03:47 PM
"My bartender made me an enticing offer.

Shirla leans over to the doctor. "I am sure another of the staff will be more than happy to extend you the same offer. They seem, eager, to please."

Shiela is going to try and see how Abigail and Donovan are without going over to the booths they went to.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-16, 04:33 PM
Albus unconsciously licks his lips. "I think I'll go give that a try. I am dreadfully thirsty, after all. Please excuse me."

He gets up from the booth and goes over to the bar. "Excuse me, I'd like to get a drink, please."

Hazuki
2012-09-16, 05:14 PM
Shiela

Shiela looks over the room as Albus leaves for the bar, spots that two of the servers are leaving the booth Donovan got into, and that Abigail has recently taken a seat in the booth where she met a well-dressed man.

Albus

Albus makes his way past the servers and the blaring lights to get to the bar with a mirror surface, but doesn't find somebody dressed like the servers. Instead, there stands an extremely pale woman with long tawny hair tied up behind her head, dressed in a very fine suit. Her eyes flicker over to him, and immediately a flush of fear runs through his body, much more potent than that of the bouncer he briefly met outside.

The woman takes a step closer and asks in a low voice from across the bar, with a clear fury behind her eyes. "You. You're new, aren't you? Who did you bring with you?"

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-16, 08:58 PM
Albus bites back his fear and forces himself to appear calm. "I was brought by the young lady over there." He gestures at Abigail. "We, that is, herself, our two companions, and I, have had a rather... interesting night, and were hoping to get some answers here. I don't suppose you have any for us?"

Lentrax
2012-09-17, 01:15 PM
Well. Things seem to be going well. Although, I must admit I do not exactly know what 'well' is in this case.

The Russain woman downs another glass of vodka. She finds it very odd that she does not feel drunk. She knows she should be, after all, anyone who has had this much vodka should be drunk. But instead she shrugs and purs herself another drink.

"Dimitri, you jerk. I hope you rot in hell for..."

Shiela sees Albus at the bar. He watches him point off toward Abigail's booth, and sighs. She drains the glass and goes off to see what is going on.

Hazuki
2012-09-17, 03:49 PM
The woman watches Albus' eyes for a few moments before she folds her arms across her torso and begins to speak more clearly. "I might. But I'm going to warn you first; if you get overzealous, any of your group, with feeding again, you'll be banned from this elysium. Understand?"

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-18, 01:05 AM
Albus looks puzzled momentarily, but decides it's probably better to just go along with things for now. "Of course. I apologize; as I said, this has been a very interesting, very confusing and unsettling night for us all. I'll be sure to pass the message along. Uh... so, can I get that drink now?"

Hazuki
2012-09-21, 09:19 AM
AlbusThe woman nods, and with a gesture of her hand gets one of the servers to approach with an eager step, while the woman takes her leave with a sigh as she walks through a door behind the bar. The server girl hops onto the bar and throws a bright smile at Albus, with a strange sparkle in her striking blue eyes. "Hi. I like your vest; very handsome."

Shiela
As the woman walks down the hall, you get a brief glance of her approaching a tall man leaning against an alcove, with a long coat to conceal his form and shadows hiding most of his face.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-21, 09:57 AM
Albus swallows unconsciously. "Thank you. You're very pretty yourself." His mouth opens to say more, but by this point instinct takes over. His head dips, his mouth opens, fangs extend, and then he's bitten into her neck and is drinking deeply of the sweet blood that gushes forth. Remembering the suit-lady's words, some part of Albus' mind tells him to stop before the girl goes limp. Hunger wins out, however, and he drains more of the girl's blood than he intend before finally being able to pull himself away.

Lentrax
2012-09-21, 10:24 AM
Shiela is going to try and remain inconspicuous as she tries to move closer to the mysterious man.

Hazuki
2012-09-23, 09:00 AM
Albus

As the girl goes limp in your arms, Albus sees another server rush over to help her and one of the ones already nearby swiftly heads towards the door the woman walked through, her eyes wide and her steps firm.

Shiela

Shiela walks around the bar, but the door closes before she can move into the hallway, and one of the servers Albus' feeding drew over pushes past her to get to the door again.

Lentrax
2012-09-23, 09:14 AM
Shiela is going to try and go through the door.

Lentrax
2012-09-25, 01:50 AM
If noone stops Sheila from going through the door, she will try and find the man in the alcove.

Hazuki
2012-09-25, 12:06 PM
As Shiela tries to walk through the door, she sees the woman who had been talking to Albus flash in front her with a few determined steps, and a primal fear flares up in Shiela's mind as piercing eyes meet hers. "I don't think you want to do that." She growls.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-25, 12:13 PM
Trying not to panic, Albus hurriedly hands off the girl to the other server, muttering apologies as he does so. "I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me, I tried to stop, but I couldn't I just couldn't, please tell me she's not going to die."

Lentrax
2012-09-25, 02:00 PM
Shiela feels the cold burst of fear run down her spine. Swallowing her fear, she put as much venom in her voice as she can. "Then perhaps you would like to tell me why I awoke in a warehouse a little over an hour ago, with a killer thirst and a sharp pain in my neck."

Hazuki
2012-09-25, 02:04 PM
The woman laughs softly at Shiela's retort and corrects her posture, as she places a hand on the frame of the door to block any further entry from Shiela. "My guess would be that your father didn't love you." She shoots Albus a glare as she spots the collapsed form of another one of the servers, but then turns her eyes back to Shiela.

Lentrax
2012-09-25, 02:36 PM
"My father was a Party laborer in the old Soviet Union. What does he have to do with this?"

ChaosLord29
2012-09-26, 01:44 PM
"Like a neutral ground, leave your pistol at the door kind of thing?" Donovan says half-jokingly, but suddenly his mind flashes to Shiela, who entered with them, and very much did not leave her gun at the door. Following Mr. Rosen, his fears are very much concerned as his new employer and sire indicates the scene at the bar. "Consider it my first official duty, Sire." He says, placing just the slightest emphasis on the last word as he strides off towards the bar, grinning like a bear as he claps his hands around Shiela's shoulders and does his best to appear charming and jovial.

"Whew! Glad you found our friend here, Mr. Rosen was worried she might be getting up to some trouble if we left her alone to long." He does his best to maneuver the smaller woman behind him as he lays on the charm with the fellow bouncer, dropping his new patron's name in hopes it carries more than a little weight around here. "We'll just be on our way now, got lots of work to do, questions to be answered . . . " He turns to look back at Shiela and motions his head towards Mr. Rosen very pointedly.

Hazuki
2012-09-26, 02:22 PM
The woman in the suit's smirk only gets wider at Shiela's response, but her attention is drawn to Donovan as he intervenes in the scene and the few remaining servers about the bar retreat to the dance floor. She looks Donovan up and down with scrutinous eyes, listening patiently to his words and watching Mr. Rosen approach the bar with a cautious step, pushing his glasses back up his nose.

"Will you be taking responsibility for these childer, Thomas?" She asks, with no small amount of venom in her voice. The same fear towards her washes over Albus and Shiela like a cold embrace.

"Well," Mr. Rosen coughs and takes off his glasses, adjusting the position of the lenses. "Donovan is the only one who's actually my childe, but these others are with him, so I suppose so."

"Then get them out of my elysium and make sure they're better behaved if they return."

"Yes, of course." Mr. Rosen puts his glasses back on and offers his hand to Albus to shake, then to Shiela. "Thomas Rosen. A pleasure to meet you, but we should be going now." He says, stepping aside to let the three childe begin walking to the exit, and gives a polite nod to the woman. "Goodbye, Ms. Young."

"Goodbye." Ms. Young replies. She looks expectantly at the trio of childer, tapping her shoe on the ground impatiently.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-26, 02:54 PM
Albus swallows again. "I am truly sorry about the girl. Please don't let her die." He moves, as quickly as possible, to the exit.

Lentrax
2012-09-26, 03:09 PM
Shiela looks at the woman, eyeing her for weapons, as Donovan walks up and claps her shoulders. She listens to the exchange between the woman and this... Rosen man.

She shakes the man's hand as he offers it, then turns to leave.

"I have better vodka in my office anyway."

Shiela stalks out of the bar, reaching for her cigarettes again.

ChaosLord29
2012-09-27, 11:35 AM
Smiling, but still feeling the cold chill of fear rising up his spine from Ms. Young, Donovan ushers the other two out of the club and into the night air, quite bracing really, though that might have been the whiskey. "So, everyone all right? Let me make some introductions, this is Mr. Rosen, my new employer and apparently my sire, although I'm not sure about the rest of . . . " He stops suddenly mid-sentence, "Where's Abigail?"

Turning back towards Mr. Rosen, Donovan say, "There was a fourth, a night club singer, she had a VIP pass and I think was going to meet someone, not you . . . To be clear, your my sire, but what about Abigail, the Doc and Ruski Shiela here? Did you make them as well?"

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-27, 11:58 AM
"And what exactly does that mean, in the first place? That he's your 'sire'?"

Hazuki
2012-09-27, 03:59 PM
Mr. Rosen walks out of the Lunar Sun with a brisk step, having given a nod to the bouncer who guards the VIP entrance and standing just a little way away from the group to give them their personal space. He folds his hands over the front of his suit as he speaks. "No, only you." He clarifies. "A sire is a new guardian, or parent, who brought a person into their new form. That being what you all are, now." He glances over the group again with a curious brow. "I only needed one bodyguard, and Donovan is the only one of you I sired. I did see you two, and this Abigail, during the act, however."

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-27, 04:27 PM
Albus raises one of his eyebrows and tilts his head to one side. "Our new forms being vampires, judging from the blood-thirst. I don't suppose you'd be willing to help us find our sires, would you? And you're not going to catch any flak for what happened with Shiela and me in there, are you? I'd feel terrible if you did."

ChaosLord29
2012-09-28, 12:15 PM
Donovan was still musing as to whether he should go back in to get Abigail as well while Albus questioned Mr. Rosen, but the first rule of body-guarding (and the only one he knew) was not to leave the client alone, not for any appreciable amount of time anyway. He couldn't very well start his first night on the job on a note like that could he. Still, he hesitated to leave without her.

"You say you saw them as well?" he asked, turning back around, "Not to pester you with questions or anything, but you must know why we were all gathered together like that after we were all 'changed'."

Lentrax
2012-09-28, 01:57 PM
"you know who did this to us? Who are they? Where can we find them?"

Hazuki
2012-09-29, 03:25 PM
"I'm mostly a fairly busy man, tonight being an exception, so I may be able to offer some help, with some compensation." Mr. Rosen tells Albus, looking him in the eye. "And it's likely, but no matter. As for the question of who did it; as I told Donovan, it was a woman from a group I'm affiliated with, who was collecting childe candidates for those of us who don't have the personal time to stalk kine for a few weeks."

Lentrax
2012-09-29, 03:29 PM
Shiela decides to just listen. She has been far too impatient tonight, although she has noted her mood has improved dramatically since she... ate.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-09-29, 03:51 PM
Albus listens intently, maintaining eye contact. "I do apologize if you do catch any flak, nonetheless. Compensation... I'll certainly see what I can do, but my resources are somewhat limited. Uh... kine... I'm guessing that means humans? And childe... you mean newly created vampires? Like us?"

ChaosLord29
2012-10-01, 01:02 PM
Donovan looks from the still quite shaken Albus to the some what more calm Shiela before turning towards Mr. Rosen. "Sire, I'd hate for our concerns to come before your remaining business for the evening, but any favors you can do for us, I'm sure my friends here would be happy to return in kind. They may not be bodyguard material like me, but Albus is a doctor, and the Ruski may be short on manners, but she's handy with a gun and has some 'family' connections, if you catch my meaning."

He kept his tone polite and expedient, settling back into the sort of groove and mannerisms he generally used when dealing with VIPs and club owners in his bouncer days. He figured respect and favores were as much a currency amongst these types as they were amongst the other underworld types he'd dealt with, and now found himself a part of. At least as much so as actual currency anyway.

Lentrax
2012-10-01, 01:43 PM
Shiela stamps her her foot down on the butt of her cigarrette."I have a name, you know."

Turning to Mr. Rosen, she holds out her hand. "Shiela Markov. And my family will most likely be unwilling to help in any way."

ChaosLord29
2012-10-01, 02:07 PM
"Yeah, between that, your accent and your gun, someday you may just be a real girl." Donovan drops his professional tone just long enough to waggle his fingers childishly at Shiela before self-consciously resuming a more business like demeanor. "And the last thing I would go and do would be to let the 'family' in on your new condition. I was more pointing out that if half your posturing is true, I'd wager your in a position to direct their attention towards and away from where you and we need it to be. Not to be overly presumptuous or nothing." He glances back briefly towards Mr. Rosen.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-10-01, 02:49 PM
"I should probably point out that I am a doctor of the psychological variety, not medical. I can fix your mind, but I can't do much for your body."

Lentrax
2012-10-01, 03:52 PM
"Duskaret. You may not respect me, but you will show respect what I represent."

I don't actually speak Russian. So if you do, and my made up words offend you, or actually are real, I didn't want to offend anyone by using actual words from a translator. Sorry.

Hazuki
2012-10-02, 04:22 AM
"Donovan, I'd suggest that you don't mock other members of this group you're in." Mr. Rosen tells the large man, as he shakes Shiela's hand firmly. "Before she begins to charge you for information she finds out and you don't." He retrieves his hand and slips it into his pocket. "And my name is Thomas Rosen, Shiela Markov. While your offers are welcomed, I'm afraid I don't need them at the moment. I can direct you;" He says, looking to Albus from behind the rims of his glasses. "To a group where your skills as a psychologist might be more useful. And I can give you all a way to contact the woman from my organization. Does that sound fair?"

As Mr. Rosen offers his deal, the VIP door is opened again by the bouncer and Abigail walks out with her arm linked through that of an extremely well dressed gentleman, with a stride that suggests youth despite the traditional arm link.

Lentrax
2012-10-02, 08:47 AM
Shiela smiles at the thought of information brokering, but quashes it as another thought occurs to her.

"I do not mean to offend you or your generosity, Mr. Rosen, but Where I am from you do not get anything for free. What will this information cost us?"

Shielas body language has switched from a nervous calm to a more business-like appearance.

Hazuki
2012-10-02, 09:54 AM
"Just once, consider it a favor. I'd rather not be on the bad side of an amount of neonates this large." Mr. Rosen assures Shiela, while his eyes track the strolling man and Abigail.

Lentrax
2012-10-02, 10:21 AM
A favor. Of course. Nothing is ever easy.

"Thank you. Is there anything else we need to know?"

Lentrax
2012-10-07, 11:06 AM
It's only a favor.

Favors have a way of being larger on the repayment side. All he is doing is giving us information. What do you think he is going to want in return?

I don't know... It can't be worse than we've had already in life can it?

Maybe it can. You are dead now after all.

Shiela stands there waiting for the information.

Welcome back everyone!

ChaosLord29
2012-10-08, 01:02 PM
"Of course Mr. Rosen." Donovan replies, all business once again, though the arrival of Abigail causes a brief spark to light up in his eye. He does a quick review to be sure that she seems unharmed, but her apparently lifted spirits and the man on her arm lead him to believe she seems to be newly apprised of the situation, just as they are. He spares only a brief nod towards her before placing himself on the side of Mr. Rosen closest to the newcomer, keeping his rather sizable frame between his charge and Abigail's patron.

Hazuki
2012-10-11, 11:08 AM
"Nothing in particular." Mr. Rosen dismisses the notion with a brief gesture with his hand, as Donovan spots Abigail flashing him a smile but otherwise not approaching the group. "Her name is Marilyn." He begins, as he writes out the number from memory on a page in his notebook, then tears it out and holds it between two fingers to the group. "I would advise some caution, as she mentioned hiring others to help her on the hunt earlier tonight."

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-10-11, 11:17 AM
"Sure, that sounds reasonable. I got into this profession to help people, anyway."

Lentrax
2012-10-11, 12:39 PM
"Thank you. I am sure we will meet again, hopefully on more pleasant terms." Sheila takes the number, and places it her pocket, knowing that looking at it would make her seem like she doubts the man.

Turning to the others, Sheila seems a very different person than the one they met in the warehouse. "I have a store not too far from here. Shall we go there and discuss what to do next?"

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-10-17, 08:32 PM
Albus nods to Shiela. "Thank you again for your support, Mr. Rosen. Lead the way, Shiela."

Lentrax
2012-10-18, 01:10 AM
Shiela flags down a cab, and motions the others inside. "Shiela's please." She gives the driver the address, and settles back in her seat, pulling the number from her pocket and looking at it.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-10-18, 06:48 AM
Albus joins her in the taxi. "So, what kind of shop do you run, anyway?"

Lentrax
2012-10-18, 09:00 AM
"it is a clothing store. I offer some of the best prices in the city. We mostly do wholesale, but I have also a consignment section, yes?"

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-10-18, 09:37 AM
"Interesting. How long have you been running your own business?"

Lentrax
2012-10-18, 11:57 AM
Shiela looks at Albus. The look conveys a sense of someone used to sizing someone up, and dismissing them entirely.

"For a few years now. It was... good career move."

She shifts in her seat, allowing herself to relax. The movement also pulls the leg of her pants up enough to reveal the end of a tattoo on her leg.

"It also was good for living. It is better than we're I started my life."

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-10-18, 12:17 PM
"I'm glad to hear you've done so well for yourself, especially in this city. I came here hoping to help people, but honestly... It can be somewhat overwhelming at times. This evening particularly so."

Lentrax
2012-10-18, 12:31 PM
"Doctor, take my word. There are many things within one mile of this intersection, than what has happened to us tonight."

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-10-18, 12:37 PM
"What, stranger things? More horrifying things? I'm not convinced. We've been..." He glances at the cab driver. "Well, you know. I doubt very much that something stranger is happening to anyone else right now."

Lentrax
2012-10-18, 12:50 PM
"Stranger? No. Worse? Yes."

Rolling up the sleeve of her jacket, you see that her arm is heavily tattooed. But even the designs and Russian words covering most of her arm do little to disguise the scars criss crossing her forearm. Shiela points to one of them, a long scar that runs for four inches along the inside of her arm.

"This one I got three blocks from here. Most of the rest are from this same area. Our situation could be worse doctor."

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-10-18, 12:53 PM
"We're up and about, certainly, for a certain definition thereof, so that's one good thing I suppose. Still..."

Lentrax
2012-10-18, 02:11 PM
Pulling her sleeve back down, the Russian woman smiles wickedly at the doctor.

So innocent. A child really.

He isn't that young.

"Doctor. What I have on my arm is the least of my old life. No, my back is worse. And worse than that..." Her voice trails off as she realizes she has said just a bit too much.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-10-18, 09:17 PM
Albus offers a gentle smile. "I appreciate you sharing this with me. This isn't exactly the time or the place, but if you do feel you need help, I want you to know you can rely on me. Whether it be something in the future, or something from your past, I can help you."

Well, she doesn't seem to have any major issues, but she's hiding something. Ah well, that's her business, unless it begins complicating her... life? Unlife? Unlife, I guess.

Lentrax
2012-10-21, 02:31 PM
"I have already gotten help for that problem, Doctor. I do not think you could do anything more for it now."

Lentrax
2012-10-22, 01:03 PM
The store is fairly nondescript. The storefront is painted in neutral colors, with Shiela's Wholesale and Consignment painted in block letters on the window.

There are no lights on inside, except for the security floodlights. Unlocking the door with a a set of keys from her pocket, Shiela motions everyone inside.

Racks of clothing are lined in neat rows down the store, every wall has more clothes on more racks. Shiela makes her way to the back of the store and unlocks a door labeled 'Private.'

Sitting down behind her desk, Shiela closes books laying on the desk. She then pulls out a bottle of vodka and some glasses.

Picking up a cell phone from her desk and checks the missed call list.

Lentrax
2012-10-28, 02:26 PM
Putting her cell phone down, Shiela turns her chair to the other end of her dek, where an old, battered rotary phone sits. Pulling the phone number out of her pocket, Shiela cradles the reciever under her neck and dials in the number.

Hope folks don't mind trying to keep things going here, but I'd hate for this game to end before Shiela gets any answers.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-10-28, 02:56 PM
Albus follows her into the store, absently looking over some of the coats and hats. "So, now what?"

Hazuki
2012-11-02, 05:00 PM
The answering machine lies still and silent in response to Shiela's pushing; no missed calls came in while she was gone. The phone rings across half a minute before a voice answers on the other end of the line, feminine and clear, but not from New York. "This is Marilyn." The voice chimes in on the other end of the line. "What's the problem, stranger?"

As Albus wonders about the store, he notices that everything seems to be in pristine condition. No struggle took place within the store, at least not as far as the doctor can see.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-11-07, 03:54 PM
Wandering around the store, Albus continues to poke at things, touching this and that, wondering if Shiela might be willing to help him get some new morningwear. Should I leave my secretary a message? I doubt I'll be able to see any patients on Monday. Hmm... It can wait.

Lentrax
2012-11-07, 03:59 PM
"my name is Shiela Markov. And my problem, Marilyn, is waking up with strangers in a warehouse. All I want to know now, is the prodigal, Why?"

my subscription didn't update until 5 minutes ago. Sorry for holding you up.