PDA

View Full Version : Epic 6 (Character's Ideas Hulk, Death, Iron Man)! Post your own.

metabolicjosh
2012-09-04, 08:51 PM
HULK!!! He is a green mean fighting machine!
By using the templates in this build I have made the hulk at level 2.
(And the 4 LA allowed in epic 6)
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=436528

Death one of the only Creatures capable of bringing the dead back to life.
Or perhaps Undeath. Based on Josh Newman From the Alchemist.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=441697

Iron Man is a Human Artificer with Craft Construct Feat at level 5
He enchants a Full Plate with Called & makes it Mithral.
Then he makes it into a Construct.
Bang Iron Man Armor

Anxe
2012-09-04, 08:54 PM
This is a second level character?

metabolicjosh
2012-09-04, 08:54 PM
Why yes it is!

Anxe
2012-09-04, 08:56 PM
How? Wha? Fa? Ba?

metabolicjosh
2012-09-04, 09:00 PM
:smallbiggrin::biggrin: :D

Hiro Protagonest
2012-09-04, 09:03 PM
There's just one problem. Lolth-Touched is "balanced" by the fact that you're forced to be Chaotic Evil.

Although, you might also be using Dungeonbred wrong. Like it can't be applied to humanoids, or it doesn't bring your size below medium, or something.

metabolicjosh
2012-09-04, 09:05 PM
I know that. The hulk is selfish and unpredictable.

metabolicjosh
2012-09-04, 09:07 PM
There's just one problem. Lolth-Touched is "balanced" by the fact that you're forced to be Chaotic Evil.

Although, you might also be using Dungeonbred wrong. Like it can't be applied to humanoids, or it doesn't bring your size below medium, or something.

Im a Aberation because of being a symbiotic creature. :smallbiggrin:
Which is compatible.
And it decreases your size by one category.

juicycaboose
2012-09-04, 09:07 PM
The Hulk as a character doesn't exist without Bruce Banner, and even if we weren't factoring in Banner's alignment I still don't think the Hulk would be CE :\

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-09-04, 09:22 PM
"Dungeonbred" is an inherited template that can be applied to
any living corporeal aberration, animal, magical beast, or
vermin that is Large or bigger (referred to hereafter as the base
creature).

“Symbiotic” is an acquired template that can be added to
any two living creatures of the following types: animal,
humanoid, plant, or vermin. The two creatures need not be
the same type. One (hereafter referred to as the guest) must
be at least two size categories smaller than the other (hereafter
referred to as the host).

Due to the interaction of acquired and inherited templates, your base creature must be of a type to which Dungeonbred can be applied before adding Symbiotic. It's born with inherited templates, acquired templates are gained afterward, Symbiotic cannot be used to switch any creature's type to one that qualifies for Dungeonbred.

Furthermore, Dungeonbred has no listed level adjustment, making it incompatible with ECL and with player characters.

metabolicjosh
2012-09-04, 09:33 PM
The nature of duengeon bred is that..
Your small because if you weren't than you couldn't move.

Or i could switch it out for the Young template by piazo.
Besides dungeon bred makes me weaker anyways.

Up next Death

Hiro Protagonest
2012-09-04, 09:35 PM
The nature of duengeon bred is that..
Your small because if you weren't than you couldn't move.

Or i could switch it out for the Young template by piazo.
Besides dungeon bred makes me weaker anyways.

It doesn't matter if it technically makes you weaker. You can't take it. Period.

And Pathfinder content is most likely invalid. So no Young.

Also, I'm unfamiliar with Symbiote, but how does being medium mean you can't move?

metabolicjosh
2012-09-04, 09:41 PM
Ok i meant that its a result of hunching all your life. But fine ill get rid of it and be stronger.

Almost done with death.:smallbiggrin:

metabolicjosh
2012-09-04, 10:09 PM
Death is now up. Yey

Zonugal
2012-09-04, 11:06 PM
I'll post this again...

If you were operating in E6 this would be pretty easy.

You didn't give any specifics but how about a non-traditional approach to the Hulk like this?

Male Middle-Aged Half-Fiend 1* Illumian Wizard 5/Horizon Walker 1
Stats: Str 10, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 18, Wis 9, Cha 9
Troll-Blooded [1st], Toughness [Flaw], Pain Mastery [Flaw], Scribe Scroll [W1], Involuntary Rage [3rd], Craft Wondrous Item [6th]

Now you don't qualify for Involuntary Rage or Pain Mastery in your typical form but the moment you cast Bear's Endurance upon yourself you start the transformation.

Bear's Endurance unlocks Involuntary Rage & Pain Mastery, but our stats are still pretty mundane.
Stats: Str 10, Dex 10, Con 20, Int 18, Wis 9, Cha 9

Now we cast Alter Self (this is where that one level in the savage progression of Half-Field is so important as it throws the outsider template on Bruce) and turn into a Dwarven Ancestor. Large size and +18 natural armor is really nice (it also opens up feats like Awesome Blow & such later down the road). But because Alter Self doesn't alter physical stats we still have:
Stats: Str 10, Dex 10, Con 20, Int 18, Wis 9, Cha 9

Next we cast Fist of Stone, as to pump that strength by some points.
Stats: Str 16, Dex 10, Con 20, Int 18, Wis 9, Cha 9

Now remember Bruce is a Illumian and he'll have chosen to have his Illumian word be Aeshkrau. That new 16 in strength now affords us a bonus 1st, 2nd & 3rd level spell.

From here you can kind of go where you want but Fist of Stone lasts a minute so you are granted a 1st, 2nd & 3rd level spell during the period effectively for free. Be it from Enlarge Person to Heroism you can start stacking a lot of nice buffs this way.

But this is only half of the build. Once you suffer a flat 50 points of damage & recover you trigger Involuntary Rage & Pain Mastery putting your stats at:
Stats: Str 22, Dex 10, Con 24, Int 18, Wis 9, Cha 9

You gain a bonus 1st & 2nd level spell and are starting to upgrade yourself. Each time you survive a strike of 50 points of damage or higher you gain +6 Str, +4 Con & -2 AC (resulting in more bonus spells).

So literally the longer you fight (and the angrier you get) the stronger you become.

metabolicjosh
2012-09-04, 11:11 PM
I just spit on my monitor!
That is Amazing but take a long time... How long you stay raged?

I might be able to splice both builds together... Hmm...

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-09-04, 11:47 PM
Just gaining bonus spell slots doesn't necessarily allow you to cast more spells:

Spell Preparation Time

After resting, a wizard must study her spellbook to prepare any spells that day. If she wants to prepare all her spells, the process takes 1 hour. Preparing some smaller portion of her daily capacity takes a proportionally smaller amount of time, but always at least 15 minutes (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/arcaneSpells.htm#preparingWizardSpells), the minimum time required to achieve the proper mental state.

Even if you gain a temporary Str bonus, cast those bonus spells, and then the bonus wears off, those bonus spells are still used up for the day. If you gain another Str bonus later on that same day, those bonus spell slots are still already spent. Further increasing your Str above a previous bonus will indeed give you additional bonus spells, but losing a bonus after casting those spells and then regaining it will not give you any extra bonus spells.

metabolicjosh
2012-09-05, 07:58 AM
Well i see a problem. And the answer.
(First there are no negative slots so if you go to zero spells then do this its possible)
Wizard must prepare his spells.
So I can use Sorcerer instead.
Or maybe both...