PDA

View Full Version : [りゅうたま]Onuxia International Highway Tale IC

Kasanip
2012-09-05, 06:23 AM
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af275/umbrellako2/3f2f5f82.png
An Onuxia International Highway Tale:
Southern Summer Wild-Growth Pass (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjHHTx-X4H4&list=UU4VZiWy9il3FtzR_e9YhIUg)

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af275/umbrellako2/ed2a2282.jpg

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af275/umbrellako2/rto/bf7655c2.jpg

Okay! Now that you have learned just a little about the travelers, I think it is time!

Ahem Ahem! Please close your eyes and listen! I'll tell you the story of Southern Summer Wild-Growth Pass。。。

Listen..... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggz20N129ks)

...Can you hear the crying of the cicadas? They are a very noisy crowd, to cry around and around from the left to right. On such a warm day, the sun only sits childishly in the East, climbing higher.

It seems like such a peaceful and irritation has followed for some time. Through the Redwood Forest and past Blue Crow Mountain... Probably traveling has been a week.

But here, the sun is to shine to the edge of the forest.

Where am I? Cicadas won't answer such a question. Crunch crunch crunch.
Already the grass and flowers are so tall. I'm not very tallnyo. But at last there is a landmark.

The sign post is covered so with ivy that the name cannot be read.

Surely this is the Onuxia International Highway sign. The arrows of the sign look so chaotically hidden in ivy, and surrounded by sunflowers as the trees wait behind, can this be called a road?

There is a rustle, at first a cool feeling like a breeze. But the shadow flickers. Turning to look, a handsome white bird flaps brilliantly, and with a cry, cicada sounds are silenced.

More cries answer, then waves. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdPuhuJMxqE)

It is the sea. Surely this is the place?
Crunch crunch, the sound of the vines under feet, as you walk to the edge, and look down over the sea. Waves dancing and sunlight twinkling, it's almost too bright. But a blue sky with white crown clouds, and a blue sea with white sails and birds, such a mirror can only be seen here at the edge of the world. Here the Onuxia International World had ended in green.

Your eyes follow white sails of great ships and small boats, tracing such a path in water, to return to the place they began, and the place where our story also begins.

Into the cliffs carved away are the eight levels and painted colorfully with clay roof. Pennant streamers dance in the breeze, and seagull music is echoes. It has a peaceful look, but with such sounds and to sit at the edge of the world, with the white cloud crown blue sky with blue sea, surely no other town can compare like this.

The port at the bottom sits on the water, and some children climb quickly along the narrow stairs and ladders, playing hide-and-seek. Already the market is open, and all foods are being traded with busy words and talking.

This is Paxileve.

Of course, our travelers haven't left yet. In Paxileve there is only one place called [Travel House], to be at the lighthouse carved along next to the 8 levels. Maybe they just ate breakfast? I'm a little hungry too.
I wonder if we can follow the travelers. They have their own reasons to be here, and we should see to themnyo!

So, let's go down the cliff path, and smile to the Postman resting in the shade of a tree while his lazy mail-bear sleeps.
We won't disturb him.

Thank you Mr. Bear for your hard work.

Let's continue!

Ah, where was Inyo?

R-right! Then we have to find our travelers! I wonder what they are doing this morning? Ah, yes the story is starting nownyo!

Come on, let's go!

~*~

Let's go! Please begin your day at Paxileve! Of course it is morning now. Maybe you just arrived yesterday, or maybe this is your home! Introduce your character of course. Remember that because you helped to create Paxileve, you may have some freedom to describe the town too. Of course, it is a cooperative game too!

Let's play a nice game together! :smallsmile:

Links:

OOC Thread: A Certain Green Dragon's Library (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252978)
IC Thread: Please pay attention! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13845002)
Characters:
{table]Player|Character
Just Ice | Camille Camomile (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13847662&postcount=137)
A Rainy Knight| Gabriel Vaughn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13846962&postcount=136)
Fri | Finn Estellad (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13850569&postcount=139)
TechnOkami| Rafiq Hakim (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13848264&postcount=138)
Story Time| Maja (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13850898&postcount=142)
[/table]

TechnOkami
2012-09-06, 07:13 AM
The lapping of waters against the shore was truly a soothing sound, almost as soothing as listening to the hot winds of the desert blowing. However, unlike the sun of his homeland, here, the sun was nice and calm, a light kiss upon the skin. Accompanied by the spray of the sea and the taste of salt upon one's tongue, this place... Paxeville I believe it was called? Yes, this place was like a small slice of paradise. Walking along side his large bear, the two of them walked along the shore, viewing the sea-side city from a distance. He had taken off his boots, letting his feet sink into the sands, feeling the chill of the ocean between his toes. It was a soothing moment, but it soon had to come to an end, as Rafiq mounted his bear, Misha, the two of them making way through a winding cliff side road, climbing all the way up until they had reached the city gates. His bright amber eyes were filled with the new sites, in awe at the energy the city poured out. It was truly a beautiful place.

"Come Misha, let us make our way forward."

The man from the desert atop his bear, entering a sea side city for the first time... it was truly a sight to behold. The two of them wandered the city, taking in the sites, and at a single moment, taking in the view off the cliffs of the mighty ocean below them. However, the moment was quickly perturbed, as the simultaneous growl of animal and human stomachs made their needs known. Rafiq turned to his bear just as she did the same, a smile breaking out on his face.

"You too, huh? We've been traveling all day, and only now do we remember our hunger! Well, let's see where we can get food, shall we?"

A Rainy Knight
2012-09-06, 08:08 AM
After giving his pack and equipment one last looking-over, Gabriel headed out the door of his office and felt the sea breeze of his native Paxileve once more. It was an unusual feeling to have a day where no patients would be brought to him and no medicine orders needed to be filled, but that kind of freedom felt good in its own way.

Well, if he was going to find a group of travelers to head out with, the local Travel House down by the lighthouse seemed like as good a place as any to get his morning meal. Walking through the bustling crowds of traders and merchant crewmen near the docks wasn't the easiest task, but he liked the bustle of his hometown; it really made the city seem alive and well to see people going about their business so energetically. At any rate, in just a short while he found himself at his destination.

"D-doctor Vaughn!"
He heard a voice calling him from back in the crowd. He looked back and saw a younger girl, a friend and patient of his, running up to him.
"I heard you're leaving Paxileve for a while. Is it true?"
"Yeah. I'm leaving today, actually."
The girl grabbed one of his hands and pressed it into her palm.
"Travel safe, okay?"
"Of course. And I'll bring you a souvenir from somewhere or other when I get back to Paxileve, too!"
As she headed back up to her neighborhood in the upper levels, he grinned, waved goodbye, and headed into the Travel House for the meal he was getting rather hungry for right about now.

Just_Ice
2012-09-06, 05:23 PM
The pungent scent of salt accompanied the slight bitterness of the tea as one Miss Camille Camomile brought the rose-embroidered cup to her thin lips. A small droplet escaped her enjoyment, drifting delicately downwards before being caught by the plate she held below with her other calloused hand. She had to be careful not to stain her only suit, after all.

Placing the cup and plate back behind the main dish, the orange-haired woman arranged the fork and knife on their proper sides with a slight scowl before beginning to cut into the crusty bread of her gull's egg on toast. Her expert use of the knife allowed only enough yolk to spill to lightly soak the heat-hardened sandwich, but none to run from its delectable prison onto the plate. To the average person, eating such a dish would be ruinous affair, but Ms. Camomile could not afford to be the average person. She was a butler.

Or, rather, she had been. She bit her lip rather than the mouth-watering morsels in front of her before looking out over the patio railing, down onto the market and sea-side below. She smiled nostalgically about the dopey looking boys running after one another in the narrow street, nearly knocking an old lady into the water as they passed her by. Her master would have shook his fist at the young ones and called after them, but she seemed content just to have her feet on the ground.

The smell of her breakfast brought her back around- it wasn't often that she had the luxury of someone else's cooking. Before it could cool too much, she gingerly placed each slice of the scrumptuous sandwich in her mouth, pausing to clean with the complimentary napkin after each bite. Yolk-stained bread treated her tastebuds as the salty whites complimented it perfectly. It was very good- even her master had come out of solitude once in a while to grab a meal at the Travel House- but it certainly lacked presentation. In addition to the main course, there was a side of their famous "crab fries", but she now that she was unemployed she decided against treating herself.

Of course, she had the view and her lovely tea to enjoy as she considered her course onwards from here. Although the satchel she had dutifully tied around her leg reminded her of her promise, the housekeeper had charged her with the mission of not being so hasty.

"He's only been gone a week," she had nagged her, wagging her plump finger, "I know I can't change your fool mind about this whole errand- but Cammy, darling, you are not a soldier! Listen, girl... the world is a big place, and I don't think you're half as tough as you think you are. We owe a lot to that man, but you owe a lot to yourself, too- promise me you'll at least try to find a travelling group. Please, honey, I'm begging you."

It wasn't often that the housekeeper begged anyone for anything, but when she did, it was hard to say no. Camille had found it difficult to refuse.

"You've made your point, Madam," she acceded while bowing, "Thank you for your concern on my behalf. I will be sure to visit the Travel House before my departure. You can expect me to write a letter every fortnight- when they arrive here is anyone's guess. Please take care of the home while I am away, Madam."

After that, she'd gone straight to where she is now. She'd hoped to see another traveller, but they had yet to substantiate. That was, of course, until a boisterous opening of the door...

Fri
2012-09-08, 06:26 AM
A haggard young man with a backpack a couple of size bigger than his size is stumbling into the Travel House. His hair looks more like a bird nest rather than human hair, and his clothings are dirty.

"Aah, I'm sorry... Can I get some food...?" He says weakly. "I haven't eaten for two days..."

Just_Ice
2012-09-09, 07:41 AM
There was little delay between the addled young traveler's appearance and Camille's ascension from her cozy wicker seat. In a flash she grabbed an extra cloth from the table in one hand, and dropped her cutlery to seize the remainder of her déjuner. Oscillating her hips around the cluttered furniture of the Travel House in a sort of smooth dance, she made her way to the famished and disheveled young lad.

She immediately employed the use of the cloth, forcefully rubbing the dust and grime from his befuddled visage, missing nothing but his filthy goggles- three cloths might not have sufficed for the sulliying so lovingly bestowed upon them. She then lifted him to his feet with surprising ease, smacking the dust from both his and her clothes, and then taking a moment to straighten her tie. After all this was done, still wordless, she led him to the other chair at her table and set her food before him, re-arranging the cutlery just so.

Even if the staff had been out front to receive him, it is unlikely that they would do so with such alacrity and gusto.

"Please," she requested, leading his now partially-cleaned hand to the two-pronged fork, "Eat up, sir. Do not consider this a service; it is simply not the policy of my household to allow a starving youth to suffer."

TechnOkami
2012-09-09, 09:14 AM
As the former Desert nomad and his bear wandered around for a place to eat, they caught a scrumptious scent upon the wind. It was a delectable smell, one of freshly cooked eggs, honey, and smoked meats. For a wandering merchant such as himself, the temptation to find this pungent nexus of spices was all too strong, and the two were lead by their noses. Eventually, they found just what they were looking for.

The boy and his bear looked up at the sign which hung over the establishment that the two finally found themselves at.

"Traveling House..." he muttered to himself, his free hand resting on the head of his bear, lightly scratching his fur.

"Well, this is where those good smells were emanating from. I wonder what their policy on animals are... wait here, Misha."

Doing as commanded, the great fuzzy bear plopped on his behind, waiting.

The young man threw open the door, and with all manor of declaration and clamor, stated thus to anyone and everyone inside.

"Salutations! I would like food for my bear and myself! Ah, but of course..."

Rafiq pulls a small purse from one of his side pouches, giving it a light shake, jingling the contents inside.

"I shall gladly pay for your services rendered."

A Rainy Knight
2012-09-09, 09:37 AM
As Gabriel walked up to the Travel House door, he was puzzled for a moment by the bear seated off to the side of the entrance. Was the postman here already? Well, no matter.

Stepping into the building, the scent of food made his stomach growl with anticipation. More importantly, though, he was trying to size up the room for these "traveling companions" he was supposed to be looking for.
"What does a traveler look like, anyways...?"

He sighed and found a table where he could set his pack down for the moment. Sipping a cup of freshly ordered tea and idly chewing a biscuit, he quietly surveyed the room. Over near the patio area, he spotted an odd pair: a woman in a suit and tie, and a dirty, unkempt young man.
"Maybe. She looks a little overdressed for the part, though."
Even more attention-grabbing, though, was the boisterous foreign-looking young man jingling a bag of coins.
"Hmm. Well, he doesn't look like he's from around here, so I guess that means..."
He kept a curious eye on the young man while finishing off the remnants of his breakfast.

Fri
2012-09-09, 10:35 AM
There was little delay between the addled young traveler's appearance and Camille's ascension from her cozy wicker seat. In a flash she grabbed an extra cloth from the table in one hand, and dropped her cutlery to seize the remainder of her déjuner. Oscillating her hips around the cluttered furniture of the Travel House in a sort of smooth dance, she made her way to the famished and disheveled young lad.

She immediately employed the use of the cloth, forcefully rubbing the dust and grime from his befuddled visage, missing nothing but his filthy goggles- three cloths might not have sufficed for the sulliying so lovingly bestowed upon them. She then lifted him to his feet with surprising ease, smacking the dust from both his and her clothes, and then taking a moment to straighten her tie. After all this was done, still wordless, she led him to the other chair at her table and set her food before him, re-arranging the cutlery just so.

Even if the staff had been out front to receive him, it is unlikely that they would do so with such alacrity and gusto.

"Please," she requested, leading his now partially-cleaned hand to the two-pronged fork, "Eat up, sir. Do not consider this a service; it is simply not the policy of my household to allow a starving youth to suffer."

"Thank you!" The young hunter eats up the food with gusto, you can see him almost crying.

"I was lost. I guess I shouldn't leave the road, but the forest was too enticing. I get too absorbed in my work too often. But may I ask you something. Is this Paxileve?" he says in between his chewing.

Just_Ice
2012-09-09, 11:52 AM
Clearing her throat at the teary display, Camille stated a slightly awkward response, "You're welcome."

As he scarfed down the crab fries and egg bits as if they were the air he breathed, Miss Camomile examined the young man in more detail. His clothes certainly weren't appropriate to the region, the goggles weren't the sort used for looking underwater, and the sheer amount of muck he'd dragged in meant that he'd probably been through the redwood forest. He couldn't be a local boy.

As she looked him over, she noticed another oddly-garbed man enter, offering good coin for service- such was not at all the custom here in Paxileve. In-between bites, the disheveled young man right in front of her demanded if that was where he was.

"Do not talk with your mouth full, sir," she snapped at him in a haughty voice, closing her eyes in annoyance, "It's rather un-becoming of a man. To answer your question, you are indeed in Paxileve, a town of many wayward sons. Now that I have answered your question, sir, I would ask you one of mine".

She opened her cool blue eyes as she lifted the teacup to drink once more, her well-filled fingernails slithering around the handle and gripping it solidly. "It's quite apparent from just looking at you that you are a well-seasoned traveler, sir. May I ask in which direction you might be headed?"

Story Time
2012-09-09, 11:45 PM
"Please pardon my interruption," a voice near and behind Gabriel broke the air. It was a smooth and calm sound under-carried by the cries of sea gulls out-side the window. "but if you are looking for a fellow traveler I recommend asking directly."

Perhaps the male in light colored clergy robes had simply been watching and observing. He said little more. He remained facing away from Gabriel at his own table. A pot and cup of tea rested before him, still steaming. He had not bothered to look up at all, despite politeness. A few coins also rested on the lacquered wood surface between his arms, proof that the hairless headed individual had already paid for his meal.

Should any look, a calm expression would be found on his face -- a very un-intrusive person appearing to mind his own business.

A Rainy Knight
2012-09-10, 09:23 AM
Gabriel was surprised for a moment and then turned to face the voice behind him.
"Hm? Well, I suppose you have a point there."
He thinks for a second and realizes the obvious suggestion.
"Incidentally, are you here for the same reason?"

He set down his empty teacup and turned his chair slightly toward the bald man.

Fri
2012-09-10, 11:57 AM
Clearing her throat at the teary display, Camille stated a slightly awkward response, "You're welcome."

As he scarfed down the crab fries and egg bits as if they were the air he breathed, Miss Camomile examined the young man in more detail. His clothes certainly weren't appropriate to the region, the goggles weren't the sort used for looking underwater, and the sheer amount of muck he'd dragged in meant that he'd probably been through the redwood forest. He couldn't be a local boy.

As she looked him over, she noticed another oddly-garbed man enter, offering good coin for service- such was not at all the custom here in Paxileve. In-between bites, the disheveled young man right in front of her demanded if that was where he was.

"Do not talk with your mouth full, sir," she snapped at him in a haughty voice, closing her eyes in annoyance, "It's rather un-becoming of a man. To answer your question, you are indeed in Paxileve, a town of many wayward sons. Now that I have answered your question, sir, I would ask you one of mine".

She opened her cool blue eyes as she lifted the teacup to drink once more, her well-filled fingernails slithering around the handle and gripping it solidly. "It's quite apparent from just looking at you that you are a well-seasoned traveler, sir. May I ask in which direction you might be headed?"

"So I was going in the right way after all." He fishes a notebook from his pocket and instantly start writing, his food completely forgotten.

He then closes his notebook and smiles, his eyes somehow suddenly reminds you of the sky.

"An adventurer is like the wind... No one says to where the wind blows, and it should be this way with adventurers too..."

He then scratches his not-itchy hair and grins, and he's back to being a disheveled youngster. "It's just a rather pompous way to say that I have no idea, basically. I'm just going where the road takes me. I'm embarassed that you thought of me as seasoned, I just started my journey not a long time ago. If I'm seasoned I won't got overconfident and got myself lost like yesterday."

TechnOkami
2012-09-10, 02:37 PM
Clearly Rafiq wasn't being noticed, and so, he made himself noticeable.

Quickly pulling a chair from one of the empty tables for himself, he seated himself next to the rather dapper lady, snatching a teacup off of the table. Then, almost as a child would, he rose the cup up to the nicely dressed lady, effectively asking her to pour him a cup. No one could resist those big puppy dog eyes of his.

Just_Ice
2012-09-10, 03:41 PM
"So I was going in the right way after all." He fishes a notebook from his pocket and instantly start writing, his food completely forgotten.

He then closes his notebook and smiles, his eyes somehow suddenly reminds you of the sky.

"An adventurer is like the wind... No one says to where the wind blows, and it should be this way with adventurers too..."

He then scratches his not-itchy hair and grins, and he's back to being a disheveled youngster. "It's just a rather pompous way to say that I have no idea, basically. I'm just going where the road takes me. I'm embarassed that you thought of me as seasoned, I just started my journey not a long time ago. If I'm seasoned I won't got overconfident and got myself lost like yesterday."

At first Camille was unimpressed that the young man had ignored her admonishment, but as he continued to speak, his voice began to drift into a sort of wistfulness. Suddenly, she seemed to envision clouds around them- there was no table, no teacup- only the endless sky, and the feeling of weightlessness. Soon enough she came back to earth and the raggedy amateur was across from him once again, awkwardly explaining himself.

The whole experience gave the butler chills- she couldn't remember the last time she'd been so out of sorts. There was something special about this young man, something that made her stroke her chin in apprehension. She'd only met one other person who had spoken like that, and they were gone now. Her frosty eyes softened, and a slight nostalgic smile came upon her.

"I believe you're selling yourself short, sir," she stated matter-of-factly before putting the cup down and looking the shaggy youngster right in the eyes, "experience comes with age . If you aren't headed in any particular direction, would you accept an invitation to travel with me?"

Miss Camille Camomile rose to her feet and put her toughened hand across the table to her potential partner, taking a firm and measured breath before making her introduction. "You may call me Ms. Camomile, Mr. Adventurer. I look forward to working with you, sir."

As this happened, without her knowledge her other hand snuck over and poured the other man a drink merely by some strange form of reflex. She almost had a double-take when she saw the other foreigner pull up to them, but looking about she could tell he was not the only intested party.

"I'm terribly sorry to leave you hanging on that thought, sir," she informed the unkempt wanderer as she pulled up two more chairs, "but it would seem we have more guests. As I had been saying, my name is Ms. Camomile, and it's a pleasure to meet all of you."

She gave a sweeping bow with one hand held outstretched and the other held behind her in a tight fist, beckoning the onlookers to their forum.

TechnOkami
2012-09-10, 06:28 PM
The little boy took a few sips of this drink which they called tea. Crafted by such lovely manicured hands as Miss Camomile, in a word, it was simply bliss. After draining his cup slightly, he placed it back in its small saucer.

"I am called Rafiq. I am a merchant with no wares... at the moment."

After taking another sip of his tea and a suitably audible grumble from his stomach, his head turned to the butler-lady once again.

"Could I trouble you for some food? My bear and I are rather peckish from traveling."

Story Time
2012-09-10, 10:16 PM
Maja held the look between youth and maturity. He turned his head half-way, formally noticing the doctor's attempt at conversation, and quietly shifted on his seat. The seat, however, was not a chair after the fashion of the others in the Travel House. It was a plain, pine, three-legged stool and Maja had no trouble turning on the polished wood.

"I am," he said simply. A cheerful, but not large, smile filled his smooth face. His thin but wide lips seemed to hold no doubt as he explained, "My strategy was a bit different than yours, though. Would you like to ask the new arrivals your-self, or should I provide you with an example?"

Though Maja said nothing of it, his gold colored eyes did note that the boisterous merchant had formed a collective huddle with two others.

A Rainy Knight
2012-09-10, 10:36 PM
Gabriel leaned back in his chair and followed Maja's gaze to the huddle of people around the well-dressed woman. He nodded and got to his feet, making his way toward the group. Speaking to the group as a whole:
"Excuse me, but are you assembling a group of people to travel together? I don't have much in the way of experience traveling, but I'm looking for companions to head out with, and I believe I'll be able to make myself useful."

TechnOkami
2012-09-12, 06:21 PM
Rafiq looked at everyone else, then lastly towards the good doctor.

"Apparently we are."

Rafiq took a final sip of his tea, and after nearly having drained the entirety of the cup, spoke once more.

"However, out of all of us, you are the only one who has not given his name."

He placed his cup down.

"Since we'll all be traveling, apparently, we should at least have the honor of knowing what to call you..."

He lastly turned to the butler lady again.

"More tea please?"

A Rainy Knight
2012-09-12, 09:08 PM
Gabriel scratched the back of his head sheepishly.
"Oh, pardon me. I'm Gabriel Vaughn, a doctor here in Paxileve. Pleased to meet you."
He found a nearby chair and sat down with the rest of the group, looking them over and sizing them up.

Story Time
2012-09-13, 06:37 AM
The trace of a small and cheerful smile turned through Maja's mouth. It had been pleasant to watch the fellow human stand and confront the very social uncertainty which he had seemed to be avoiding several minutes earlier. Neither did Maja muse on it long. He returned to his tea patiently. The blend that had been served to him was nice and familiar, but also more lulling than he might have preferred on this particular day.

'It would be bad manners to interfere with his introduction,' he thought.

Fri
2012-09-13, 10:02 PM
"I believe you're selling yourself short, sir," she stated matter-of-factly before putting the cup down and looking the shaggy youngster right in the eyes, "experience comes with age . If you aren't headed in any particular direction, would you accept an invitation to travel with me?"

Miss Camille Camomile rose to her feet and put her toughened hand across the table to her potential partner, taking a firm and measured breath before making her introduction. "You may call me Ms. Camomile, Mr. Adventurer. I look forward to working with you, sir."

"I'd be honored." He beams at the other travellers. " My name is Finn Estellad, and as you can see, I'm a wanderer with no particular destination. What a coincidence. I was actually also thinking to find people to travel with. I just found out the hard way that travelling alone is more dangerous than it sounds. "

Just_Ice
2012-09-15, 04:32 PM
A small smile came over Cam's lips as the three of them came together. A adventurer without a quest, a merchant without wares, and a butler without a master- they were three of a kind despite the fact that they couldn't be any more different.

She poured the last of the tea into Rafiq's cup, ignoring the request for food- while she had brewed the tea, the food had been provided by the management. A warm smell of cinnamon and sunflower wafted from the steaming cup.

Before she could greet him properly, one of the men she'd tacitly invited had already come over and introduced himself. The tall woman thought she'd recognized him, but the name sealed it.

"Ah, Mr. Vaughn," she exclaimed, standing up straight, "The assistant at the apocothery... I believe we've met. I've often come by for speciality herbs... and more recently I'm sorry to say, medicines and poultices. I assume you have the same idea as our present company does, Sir, but know that I would greatly appreciate having along a man with your knowledge and expertise in medicine. It is truly a great relief."

As she stood at her full height, it was clear that Ms. Camomile was a rather intimidating woman. Although some of her features were slender, her shoulders were great in size, her neck looked tough as leather and her slightly cheery smile was certainly juxtaposed by the nasty-looking scar that stood beside it. She was very large for a woman and she even towered above most men.

Suddenly, the adventurer introduced himself. His smile was a gigantic as it was contagious, and she thought to make note of his name- he seemed wishy-washy, but there was more to the energetic lad than what met the eye.

She nodded to him. "It is a happy coincidence, Mr. Estellad. Just as Mr. Vaughn is a skill'd healer and Mr. Erm... 'Rafiq' seems to own an animal of some sort. On that note, sir, I would contact the staff of the Travel House to purchase feed. At any rate, we will need a leader for our journey- I propose we put it to a vote, if no one has any objections?"

A Rainy Knight
2012-09-16, 07:32 AM
Gabriel pondered Camille for a moment and then came to a realization.
"Oh, Ms. Camomile. I believe we have met before. At any rate, yes, I hope my professional talents will make up for my lack of traveling experience."
He settled back in his chair and gave a friendly wave to Finn as he introduced himself.
"A vote, hm? That seems fair. I can't claim to know much about the talents of those present here aside from Ms. Camomile, so I suppose I'll support her."

TechnOkami
2012-09-16, 12:52 PM
"Thank you." He says, once the liquid in his cup has reached a decent height. He proceeds to throw in seasonings as necessary, a dab of honey swirled into the liquid, at least until the conversation about leadership and democratic process comes up.

"Likewise." Rafiq pipes up, drinking the newly renewed tea in his cup.

"I'm not one for the leading position. Goods toting however..."

The young boyish young man looks like he's pleased with himself, and continues to drink his tea in silence.

Fri
2012-09-18, 04:17 AM
"Ha. Maybe we can just go wherever the bear lead us? Cough, sorry. I just also never thought of myself as a journey-leader type. Well, if needed I could lead people out of a forest, but that's it. I'm fine with anyone appointing anyone as the leader."

Story Time
2012-09-18, 07:02 AM
What-ever that the robed clergy may have thought, it was kept to himself. Finishing the pot of tea he turned, stood, and collected the odd piece of furniture which he had sat on. With the polished pine stool under his arm Maja glided quietly between tables and to the timid gentle-man that he had met moments ago.

His words were brief and personal and did not spare time to dally. His smooth free hand, however, did touch down politely onto the shoulder of the doctor. "When you are ready, I will meditate for you at the city exit." Neither impolite nor overly formal, Maja did not wait for a reply. His gliding feet led him through the front entry-way of the Travel House and onto a wide white-washed stone porch where guests could mingle or stand under the shade of an extended roof.

The foot-wear which Maja had politely donned before exiting clopped quietly under the more open sounds of the wind and the surf.

A wide and white stone porch greeted Maja's gliding feet when he exited the front entry-way of the Travel House. Roofs of surrounding buildings were decorated with the locally popular twirling streamers and in other places Maja could see sheets and clothes rippling on lines and drying in the sun. As a citizen resident Maja knew that when the tide was just so the roll of the sea would echo off of the eight levels of the city and sound like a deep sea drum. Even so the gulls above glided-in-place in the strong wind and continued to screech. With focused practice, Maja was able to silence them in his own mind.

A loud and sharp whistle sounded out-side of the Travel House.

Kasanip
2012-09-19, 04:45 AM
Hey! Wake up! You're not telling the story properly!

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af275/umbrellako2/rto/3bdd8274.jpg

Waah-nyo! I'm sorry!

W-Where was I? Ah, right.

Travel House Theme Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G0hkX_I5Vk)

The Travel House is such a place, as you can see it is perfect for travelers to meet each other. It is a place like a hostel, where they can stay on long journeys, or to plan their next adventure! Of course the employees wear special uniforms to emphasize the unique attraction of their town. It is said these uniforms are designed carefully. Paxileve with such a port and boatmaking, such uniform theme is like sailors, with white and blue caps. Of course it is known that because the Travel House is for travelers to meet and stay, employees often are young men and women who want to become adventurers! To look at the age, probably they are around the age of Finn Estellad. Maybe they are a little envious of him, but the view from this Travel House is quite beautiful. Today the staff are a young woman and young man, who watch pleasantly from the counter.

They are earnest workers, but cannot match the graceful jewel that is Ms. Camille. Maybe they are intimidated by such a refined and elegant style, and so have not approached this table. Of course they will come to help if called.

And it can be seen that our characters have just completed that first step! It's a happy meeting! Surely it is difficult and nervous to meet new people. But surely a wonderful story can be told.

This is where something unexpected happen! You see, I was watching from the window carefully-

It's not about you.

Haha.... Yes, that is the timing when a large black bear with white stripe on his nose pushed open the window shutters to look at the group. It was quite a sudden action, to interrupt their conversation and drinking of tea.

Mr. Bear was wearing the proper hat of a post office bear... Even if it seems silly to wear such a blue cap as the uniform, it should be said that uniforms are good to improve morale! Mr. Bear sniffed the travelers. Perhaps he was hungry?

Of course, only a second later, the voice of the postman can be heard, as he hurries into the Travel House.

"Ah, excuse me! Thomas, Thomas, please step down. You're being rude to these travelers." He looks embarrassed, and the bear named Thomas sniffs again and yawns.

The postman looks a little haggard, and takes off his hat to bow to the travelers.
"Please excuse him. Thomas is a little ornery when he is hungry. My name is Charles, postman for the Southern Onuxia International Highway. Are you by chance on a journey?"

~*~

Everyone has played very well, I think. Actually to be my fault to have been busy. But I think it is time to soon begin this adventure!

TechnOkami
2012-09-20, 05:06 PM
First, Rafiq finishes his tea, proceeding to walk outside at the sound of the whistle. Standing next to his bear, he arranged for her food to be brought outside, and she feasted quite nicely. As she ate her long-awaited meal, the mailman and his bear came up to their group, asking about their journey plans.

"I personally still have some errands to run, like acquiring goods for trade, but yes, we will be leaving the town soon. Why do you ask?"

Rafiq made his way over to his own bear, lightly scratching him in a spot all bears couldn't resist; the mail man's fluffy creature melted at the touch of his hands.

A Rainy Knight
2012-09-24, 06:46 PM
Gabriel looked around at the others in the group.
"Yes, I believe we're all preparing to head out on a journey of some sort. Perhaps that calm-seeming fellow I met earlier, though I can't say if he's coming with us or not..."
He glances around the room a bit looking for the kind monk from before.

Story Time
2012-09-25, 07:17 AM
Gabriel's search might have ended quickly. Maja stood not four feet away from the collection of other travelers. The pine stool that he had been sitting on was under his arm. And his gaze streamed across the room to the mail carrier conveying a calm, or possibly blank, expression.

Kasanip
2012-10-08, 02:20 AM
The Mr. Bear called Thomas relaxes and begins to snore loudly and make relaxed noises with Rafiq's touch of hands. The postman also sighs and wipes the sweat from his forehead as Thomas snores. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faenHDDpGGs)

"Thank you." Charles says to Rafiq with a small bow. "I was asking, because actually I need some help." He gestures to the two giant mail-bags that the post bear has ignored while sleeping, to be two large sacks.

"These letters are supposed to go to the town of Markenz, northwest near the Blue Crow Mountains. I was hoping to make it there within three days, but Thomas is being quite ornery, and the Southern Onuxia International Highway Post Office is short of manpower right now. It's the Wild-Growth season, you know, so many officers take vacation." He sighs and slumps his shoulders in defeat.
"I think Thomas has Wild-Growth Fever, so he's being especially lazy. The post office here in Paxileve has some medicine, but in the meantime I'm stuck either walking the Wild-Growth Pass, or..." He looks at the group and makes prayer hands.
"...If you would be willing to deliver this mail for me, I have my post office voucher and an explanation letter you can give to the post office in Markenz. It's worth good money, especially during this season I hear that the vouchers are double value because of the rarity. Will you help me?"

Story Time
2012-10-08, 10:01 PM
A very simple and cheerful smile spread up onto Maja's face. The voice which he spoke with was both quiet and light. A great contrast from just a moment before. He said, "Four travelers who now have a destination, I think."

TechnOkami
2012-10-09, 12:41 AM
Rafiq looked up at the mail man and his fat sack of letters, listening to his words and request of material transportation.

"Hm..." Rafiq pondered.

"I don't suppose that's too bad of an idea. However, I certainly know that I'd like to acquire some kind of good or ware I can purchase here and sell in the other town. Any idea what the next town over lacks? I mean, of course there's the mail, but anything else?"

Fri
2012-10-10, 12:37 AM
"Haha..." Finn chuckles and pats the bear as the postman comments on it's being lazy because of fever. "If only I could use that excuse everytime..."

He then looks at Maja.

"Indeed. I've never been there before. It sounds like fun."

A Rainy Knight
2012-10-11, 11:03 PM
Gabriel wanders over to lean down and take a look at the bear.
"Hmm, a shame I haven't learned to treat animals. Well, at any rate..."
He stands back up and looks around at the others.
"Yes, looks like we do indeed have ourselves a destination."

Kasanip
2012-10-16, 07:09 AM
Charles the postman looks relieved. "Thank you so much." He says with tears in his eyes and a runny nose.

Actually I wonder if maybe it is Charles who has also caught Wild-Growth fever. I have heard stories that many postmen become lazy at this time...
But to listen to gentle waves and crying cicadas, maybe it is the feeling light enlightenment? I can understand that lazy feelingnyo...

Start the story!

Yes!
You can see the joy of a nice offer, and such a joy is also like a sicknessnyo...

Ah, that sounds very badnyo! I mean, it is good to spread happiness. The postman Charles joins the group for a peaceful lunch, while an envious and polite staff crowd to look. To see the beginning of a journey, in such a planning, can there be anything more exciting?

The map of course is not so useful during Wild-Growth season. It can be seen that North of Paxileve for 90km, such a territory cannot be easily known.

Ahemnyo. The Wild-Growth is a fantastic season, and it is said the waters of Blue Crow Mountain are miraculous... Maybe that is why everything grows so large?

It must be a group of courageous adventurers to travel in this season. Eventually in their journey, our travelers will have to make a decision how to arrive at Markenz. Even if the Onuxia International Highway road can be seen on the map, it won't be so easy to follow!

Of course the travelers already know this kind of important detail. The staff of the Travel House of course talk about it too, while drinks are served and bears sleep lazily in the sun like cats. With a lunch finished, the afternoon was spent preparing for the journey.

To Rafiq the merchant, Charles cannot give any advice about the shopping. But the nice young waitress gave freely the advice. "During Wild-Growth, I heard that seasalt and spices are very valuable! With giant vegetables and fruits, you can make wonderful salads, but without [Summer Seasonings], the meat must be very lonely." Charles agreed that this was a good idea, and ordered another meal of meat.

After the lunch, Charles offered to help to find another pack animal to carry supplies (and two heavy mailbags), and with some money the travelers gathered together, they managed to loan a...

Anyo... what was it again...? Ah, it was a Bear! That is right, to be a friend for Misha to come with the group. It is always said that it is better to have two bears, to encourage cooperation.

...Right? I think it is such a proverbnyo...

But I don't remember the Bear's name... Ah! Yes, it was <Rudolph>. A kind merchant who came to stay at the Travel House sold him. For a handsome Mr. bear like Rudolph, carrying mail bags is like a dream job!

The rest of the day the last supplies and preparations were made...

I can't sleep either, so let's dream together about the Stars (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTX21PKtGno&list=UU4VZiWy9il3FtzR_e9YhIUg&index=18&feature=plcp)

The sea of stars glimmering in the sky as dusk fades into the embrace of twilight, it is the shining milky way and starcrossed lovers who travel endlessly above, and so like this it can be said to be another of the wonders of Paxileve, who can watch the journey of the moon, and be reminded of their own journey soon to begin.

A smell of cedar and cinnamon tea warms the Travel House, and around the table, the group was reunited again, being served by an envious waiter and waitress (to still be intimidated by a certain mannerly Camomile). For the restless feeling of a night before a journey, by dim candlelight while the sky's ocean shines radiantly and bears sleep to save their energy for the morning, they looked over the map together.

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af275/umbrellako2/rtonuxian1.jpg

(If it is desired, group can please decide what way they will try to go to the destination. Each square is about 30km, and is to be one day of travel. Of course some area is easier than other area! (For example, grassland is easier than forest or mountain or to cross river, it must be done sometime! However, Wild-Growth is like a gamble in center path too...

Also, group should decide who will take care of the map <Mapper> (to edit or post it when needed, it is the player and character's responsibility!), and other party roles.
Please see Party Roles (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13794561&postcount=92) if forgotten!

Also, I will post result of Rafiq's merchant trade. If anyone wants to do anything else, it is ok too. Otherwise, please roleplay such a path decision, and group party role deciding scene! Then we will begin the journey in the morning. :smallsmile:)

A Rainy Knight
2012-10-17, 04:44 PM
Gabriel takes a sip of his evening tea and begins gesturing along the map as he suggests a plan.

"It sounds like the roads aren't going to be as dependable as usual this season, but unless someone more experienced with the area has any thoughts, might I suggest simply starting along the road to Markenz and dealing with any situations as we run into them?"

He can't help but feel a mixture of excitement and nervousness as he starts seriously considering his first real venture out of Paxileve.

Fri
2012-10-18, 03:34 AM
"So... this town is selling spices..." Finn writes in his pocket book that he's working on all this time. "This town sounds like a nice town. It's a shame that I don't get a chance to explore it more thoroughly, but I can always visit this town again later."

He nods at what Gabriel says.

"Indeed. Saying as someone who just had a close run in with getting lost in the wood, I agree with that." Says Finn cheerily. "You can leave the mapping with me. I'm doing map as a part of my book after all. Well, starting from now at least, I had that thought from the beginning though!"

TechnOkami
2012-10-21, 04:49 AM
Rafiq bows slightly after making his purchases, handing the fellow merchant the coins.

"Thank you very much!"

Afterwards, he returns to the party with arms full of summer spice-filled sacks.

"I acquired these at specially low prices! We'll make decent profit with these, once we sell them, of course."

Rafiq then looks to his bear, situating the sacks onto her, preparing her for their journey.

"Are we all situated well with supplies and whatnot?"

Story Time
2012-10-24, 04:11 AM
In spite of the fact that five persons were able to crowd around a table designed for four, and no bears, one of the servers managed to squeeze in and refresh the hot tea between the conspirators.

Maja, once again sitting on his polished stool, provided an expression of nothing less than thorough and complete boredom. Once, when the map was first brought out, his eyes lit over the graph with what might have approached faint curiosity. But after the conversation began in earnest his attention appeared to center and drift away from the tedium of planning.

It might have been the level of occlusion which could lead to rash actions. Maja's hair free head returned to the up-right position once the pot of spicy tea had been deposited. "Thank you," he mentioned quietly to the staff person. With-out any kind of ceremony the white-ish sleeves of his robe reached to fill Gabriel's cup once it was returned to the table. "A rope is strong because of many strands. It does not seem to me that the group is ready, but also has little experience traveling on any surface other than road. It might be better, then, to follow the type of path with which you are most familiar."

Once his smooth hands had returned to the warmth of his own beverage, he added, "As I will be following you there should be little to fear."

Fri
2012-10-26, 09:32 AM
"Are we all situated well with supplies and whatnot?"

"Aha! A true adventurer need nothing but the spirit of adventure in his heart!" He grins. "But of course, you can also say it's because I'm so bad at planning. I guess this is what a group for? If you think we need more material equipment than the immaterial spirit of adventure, I won't say no."

A Rainy Knight
2012-10-26, 10:02 PM
Gabriel rummages through his pack for a moment to make sure he hasn't forgotten anything important. First, he pulls a sturdy glass bottle out to see if its contents are still intact.
"Oh, good... still looks ripe and delicious, in fact."
He puts the tasty and medicinally potent Princess Apple he had picked up at the market back into his pack. After rummaging for a moment longer he pulls out a small bound notebook with a untitled cover and a wealth of blank pages. Taking a pen in hand, he carefully writes "Travel Diary" on the front.
"I think I have everything I'll need for my own work."

Story Time
2012-10-27, 12:40 AM
The cinnamon tea once again steamed fragrantly into the air as Maja filled another empty cup. His quiet manner did not take obvious verbal note of the happenings at the table. Even while taking another drink from his own cup, though, and lingering the spicy contents in his mouth, his eyes would have appeared alert enough.

"I believe that I am prepared," he stated mildly. The flavor and warmth of the tea ebbed into his throat. "Perhaps one purchase in the distant future."

At the appearance of the note-book, Maja's expression released all boredom. Curiosity remained. "Preparing your memoirs, Doctor?"

TechnOkami
2012-10-27, 12:59 AM
"Well..." Rafiq turns to his bear, pulling out the remains of a broken crossbow.

"Now that I think about it, I am still not fully prepared. My apologies."

Rafiq holds the bundle of broken machinery in his arms.

"I wonder if there is perhaps a Smith nearby I can take this to... though I'm not entirely sure if I can even afford its repairs at the moment."

A Rainy Knight
2012-10-27, 02:28 PM
Gabriel turns his gaze from his notebook to Maja.
"Hmm? Oh, this? In a way, I suppose so."
He looks blankly back at the notebook and smiles as if lost in thought.
"Well... perhaps I'm romanticizing things a bit, but I'd like to think that this trip will be something worth remembering and looking back on in the future, so I'm planning on keeping a journal as we travel."

Just_Ice
2012-10-29, 08:44 PM
Miss Camomile simply sat back down in placid silence, listening to the postman and her compatriots speak. She nods simply and gracefully at all of their suggestions, plans, comments or confusion, allowing them to come to a general sense of organization.

"I think a journal is a splendid idea, sir," she complimented, her thin smile ever-present, "There is so much that is lost simply for lack of recording it. If you would be so kind as to start with the following: Our names and our agreed responsibilities. As for myself, you may designate me the Lead. Our vote had not concluded beforehand, so I shall finish the decision by nominating myself."

Her eyes became a blend of stern and kind as they scanned the room. Her smile curved slightly wider- seemingly more dangerous. She spoke again, her voice slightly more commanding than her extreme courtesies before. A candle on the table flickers before her. The Bulter grasps her chest with her hand.

"In doing so, I take full responsibility for the success or failure of our voyage. I will serve you all to the best of my ability, and in exchange I ask only that you do your parts as well. I look forward to travelling with all of you and our success."

One dignified exhale later, she turns to their fettered merchant and much less vigorously comments to him.

"While one of us could certainly lead you to a smith, sir, may I suggest you allow me to attempt maintenance on your arm, sir? I am, of course, no professional- but the care of vintage weapons and things mechanical is not unknown to me. If you accept my offer I shall look it over tonight and give you an estimate on how long it would take to service."

Story Time
2012-11-01, 03:23 PM
It was not obvious. It was not aggressive. It was not pronounced. But it was a choice, of a sort, that Maja did not speak immediately. Perhaps against his will the face of the clergy became empty again. Such a smooth face and expression suggested neither approval nor contempt. As if he were thinking of other things. Another sip of the cinnamon tea tickled his nose and passed between his lips in the mean-while.

TechnOkami
2012-11-01, 04:54 PM
A gleeful, child-like smile crept onto Rafiq's face.

"You can do this? Truly?"

He handed the small sack of broken crossbow parts to the dapper lady.

"Many thanks! It's silly, really. I put my crossbow behind my Misha while we were traveling, and she smushed it." Rafiq said while lightly scratching the head of his fuzzy companion.

"Silly bear."

A Rainy Knight
2012-11-04, 08:02 PM
Taking advantage of the calm hours of the evening, Gabriel puts pen to paper and begins on the first entry of the journal.

"It is with great anticipation that I, Gabriel Vaughn, begin this journal of our upcoming journey.

First, I suppose I should mention who my companions and I are. I am a doctor of Paxileve, and I have taken on the task of keeping this travel journal. Next is Camille Camomile, a dignified butler and the appointed leader of our group. Then we have Finn Estellad, a young explorer who will be in charge of mapping. After that is Rafiq Hakim, a merchant of the deserts who will keep track of and transport our supplies and provisions. Last is Maja, a monk-seeming fellow who has lent his serenity to our humble group.

At the request of a passing postman named Charles, we have (with the promise of compensation, in fact) agreed to help take two sizeable mail-bags to the town of Markenz near Blue Crow Mountain to the northwest. We've settled on heading out by road for the time being, but the Wild-Growth season promises to make this no dull voyage.

If all goes well, we shall depart tomorrow morning. Until then!"

Kasanip
2012-11-09, 08:18 PM

...And so it was that with the lingering smell of warmth and excitement in the Travel House, our travelers went to bed. Savoring clean and soft sheets, a fluffy pillow, and the gentle sounds of a warm fire, and the twinkling of stars overhead, they slipped away easily to the dreams of tomorrow.

Migrants at Daybreak (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUNbCgRhxH0)

And truly then, we can say our story starts here! They each woke up in their own time- I-I'm not a stalker, so I cannot say exactly how they did. But Travel House greetings are always warm with delicious smells, and so it was a strong breakfast with rice and soup, the cutting of red fruits and a last cup of cinnamon tea.

Bears yawning grumpily, but happy to be moving (for all such handsome mr. and ms. bears prefer to range freely), are loaded with supplies and checked after their own meal.

And it is the bittersweet time of a journey, and the wistful feeling that comes as the sky burns away it's nighttime, stars dancing behind the horizon. The brilliant morning sun, in red glory, glowing off of the sea like a mirror. The early cries of seagulls preparing for their own journeys, on the cool breeze that still promises tonight's sleep.

The Travel House is gently painted in these reds and purples, and though the town is still quiet with sleeping villagers, and the fisherman yawn as they sail out to work, our travelers can look back with this memory of Paxileve, standing on the cliff over the southern seas, the edge of this land.

...But now it's time to say goodbye, to say "let's meet again!" and promise to return with stories. Isn't that the excitement of a good morning?

Two bears, Rudolph and Misha await the travelers, who say their goodbyes, and trade hidden smiles, shared in this moment that feeling of friendship, and promising more stories as they go.

Step step step, through the grass that answers swish swish, the road here at least can still be seen, though the purple light meets green ahead.

Maybe once or twice they look back, as Paxileve becomes small, and disappears in the early morning behind.

And now there is only the path they have chosen now, to go forward to Markenz! Let's go!

(Ok, it is time for the first real checks for this adventure!

Everyone please roll for [Condition Check] [BODY + DEX] (it will show how character is feeling)

After we find out about the characters, we will do movement and direction check.

A Rainy Knight
2012-11-09, 08:48 PM
My Condition check:
[roll0]
[roll1]
Sum: 10! What an auspicious start. :smallbiggrin:

TechnOkami
2012-11-09, 09:02 PM
Condition:

[roll0]
[roll1]
Sum: 6
Not sure if I did well... I think I passed...

Just_Ice
2012-11-09, 10:46 PM
Rollin' Condition:

Body: [roll0]
Dex: [roll1]

Sum: 5
(It seems Kasa is not the only one Diceroll-tan has it in for)

Story Time
2012-11-10, 12:08 PM
Condition Result:

(1d6)[6]
(1d6)[1]

Yes, I am making that face at the result. Thank you for asking.

Fri
2012-11-12, 03:28 AM
Body [roll0]
Dex [roll1]

Kasanip
2012-11-15, 03:02 AM
(Of course, everyone please read everyone's messages, it is ok. :smallsmile:. Just to organize like this. )

Let's Go! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjHHTx-X4H4)

The group begins to travel into the tall wild-growth grass! It's already this tall, and so close to Paxileve! It is morning, but it is easier to see big dandelions like sunflower, and a little bit is the feeling to be like an insect in this wild-growth! The old landmark sign, to point to Paxileve, is discovered wrapped in vines and you can organize a little.

Gabriel (A Rainy Knight)

You are having a very good day! With so much energy, it is an [invincible] feeling. The beautiful green land and the wild growth is such a green feeling, that it may be even dangerous. Do you have Wild-Growth Fever? Of course it is not, but somehow the clouds seem very close to you.

Everyone else seems content today. What wonderful adventure will you write in your journal this evening? Do you have enough herbs?

It should be said, since to roll 10 of Condition, all of your rolls today use [1 dice size larger]. For example, if you must use 1d6, please roll 1d8 instead. :smallsmile:
4 -> 6 -> 8 -> 10 -> 12 in this way.

Rafiq (TechnOkami)

It is a good day for a journey! You are in a good mood. Maybe it is because your crossbow was fixed kindly? Probably you should thank Camille for that. The wild growth is very impressive though. It is even taller than you now in some places.

Misha seems to be in a content mood, and Rudolph seems agreeable for now. Of course it is good to watch out for Wild-Growth Fever! A fine mr. Elk comes to meet Maja. Maybe it is good to talk to him too?

Camille (Just Ice)

It is a good day, very exciting! The others seem very excited, so of course it is such a feeling for you too. Maybe you are a little nervous though? Or maybe you stayed up late to fix Rafiq's crossbow?

Somehow something seems a little strange. You're not sure what's wrong. Could it be Wild-Growth Fever?
Probably not so quickly. But that is a concern. Or maybe you are stressed to be like a leader?

Maja (Story Time)

There is a wonderful feeling of this sunrise. Somehow, it's more exciting than you thought. With energy, maybe you woke up even early! Enjiro is waiting, to eat some grass this morning. But he sees you, and comes over to greet you happily. He must be excited too!

Ah, but maybe you should introduce him to the group? Misha and Rudolph look pleased to meet the fine mr. elk.

Finn (Fri)

You feel very good today! Properly sleep was had, and you are leaving on your next adventure! And you even are responsible for the mapping too. It's a big responsibility! With this wild-growth, it is taller than you in some places!

Ah, it is important for you to do the mapping properly. How will we get to the town? Fortunately it is clear skies, but it is difficult to see over the tall grass!
But it is an important responsibility.... Maybe the others won't trust you if you ask for help?
But they seem nice. Maybe someone can help lift you up to see better over the grass?

Please roll [Direction Check] [INT + INT]
(You can ask one other player to support you for +1 bonus),

All players can interact or take an action now. I tried to make some suggestions in [spoiler] for player. Maybe in the future, after players become experienced, to stop making so many suggestions so you may RP freely. :smallredsmile:
After [Direction Check] of Finn, all players must make [Movement Check] [BODY + DEX] for today.

Fri
2012-11-16, 08:01 AM
Finn wakes up cheerily that morning. "This is a great first day to start a journey. Better last time, at least!" He says after stretching. "Did you guys sleep well?"

"Uhm... now I guess it's my responsibility to make sure that we're going toward the right direction..." He says. He picks the map parchment and some writing utensils. "Let's see... I'm pretty sure north is that way... And uh... I'm pretty sure this side of the map is up... I think..."

Anyone having some free time want to help me?"
(Kasanip says one of you guys can do something to support me for an extra +1 in our mapping check. Anyone want to help?)

[roll0] + [roll1]

A Rainy Knight
2012-11-16, 10:22 AM
Gabriel cheerfully volunteers to lend a hand with the mapping for the time being.
"Well, I've had to gather herbs in the fields just around Paxileve for quite a while now, so I can give you a few pointers about the area. Hmm, speaking of which, I should probably keep an eye out for any herbs as we travel... maybe I'll have time to look around a bit more thoroughly when we make camp."

Movement check:
[roll0] + [roll1]

Kasanip
2012-11-17, 08:31 PM
Finn and Gabriel

Success!
With Gabriel's help you feel confident that you can navigate the group properly. Of course the giant grass will be difficult in the future. While both of you look at the landscape, it does seem like it will only become more difficult.
But isn't that the fun of an adventure?

Story Time
2012-11-18, 05:33 AM
Movement Result:
(1d6)[2]
(1d6)[5]

TechnOkami
2012-11-19, 06:30 PM
Rafiq lazily crawls out of his well embroidered tent, attempting to wake himself up with cold water splashed onto his face. It is typically during the mornings that he can be seen without his head wrap- a rare sight indeed!

After re-wrapping his turban, he goes to check the supplies, making sure everything is intact.

"Good... good." He tells himself.

He then rustles Misha and the other bear awake, preparing them for the journey.

"On our way then."

Movement:
Body: [roll0]
Dex: [roll1]

Fri
2012-11-21, 03:38 AM
[roll0] Body
[roll1] Dex

Fri
2012-11-29, 01:21 AM
As you all walk along the path Finn and Gabriel charted, the young adventurer opens up a conversation.

"So, where are all of you guys coming from?"

TechnOkami
2012-11-29, 02:30 AM
Rafiq looked to his companion as his question was asked, and responded in kind.

"The desert. I left to make my fortune, as is our nomadic customs. I found Misha along the way, and we've been the best of companions."

Rafiq's hand rose to under the bear's chin, lightly scratching.

"...and I would have it no other way."

A Rainy Knight
2012-11-29, 07:59 AM
Gabriel seems impressed by Rafiq's response.

"From the desert? That's quite a distance you've traveled. Good to hear you've got some experience at travel, though."

He chuckles.

"As for me? I'm from right here in Paxileve, lived here my entire life. I guess with my friends, family, apprenticeships, and work all in Paxileve, it never occurred to me to see what else is out there."

Fri
2012-11-29, 10:12 AM
"The Desert? It sounds pretty far away. I hope I could visit it one day." Finn says.

"Well, you can see it another way, Gabriel." he continues. "For me, Paxileve is the exotic new town! I never visited it before. Too bad that I didn't got any chance to explore it though. We left pretty sudden after all. That teach me though. Next time I'm visiting a new town, I'm going to explore it first. There's no point in writing a guide if it's just about the location of a place.

But maybe I can mend it a bit. What can you tell me about that town we just left, Paxileve? A native like you should be able to tell me interesting stuffs."

A Rainy Knight
2012-11-29, 03:39 PM
"Oh, certainly," replies Gabriel, the smile he had already been making through most of the morning growing a tad wider.

"Paxileve has a lot to do with ships, seeing as it's a seaport. A lot of traders spend time in port on their way north, and shipbuilding is big business for us. That's why the docks always look so bustling and alive whenever you walk through that part of town! Personally, I've done a lot of work helping injured and ill sailors when their ships stop in town."

He thinks for a moment.

"Besides that, we have our own monarchy in Paxileve. It's a little different from how a lot of cities are run, but changing the way we do things has never really come up as an issue since the royal family has always been fair and reasonable with their power."

Fri
2012-12-03, 10:32 AM
"Monarch eh? And ships. Pretty interesting." Finn scribbles on his notebook as you walk. "What about you, Rafiq? What's your hometown like?"

Kasanip
2012-12-12, 04:04 AM
Listen... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggz20N129ks)

The pleasant morning begins to change into the warm afternoon. some clouds grow in the sky, making lazy shadows to move across the ground in the distance. But the travelers with good spirits continue cheerfully.

Even if it is walking in such a maze of wild growth, many wonderful sights of giant dandelions like sunflowers, and other rainbow colorful flowers can be seen. Pixeleve disappeared long ago by this late afternoon. Your path seems to be very good so far, with a trusty guide, and the two bears are not complaining very much today and make a steady walk.

There have been always the sounds of cicada (even if there are no trees, of course the wild growth gives homes to them!) Maybe it is a sleepy feeling. So much so that actually it is Rafiq who seems a little exhausted by the evening.

(Rafiq lose 4 HP)

Finally the sun begins to go to sleep and the shadows become long. Already the travelers have come a long way from home.

Looking back, it seems like the grass-like sea of Wild Growth ate Paxileve and the countryside! Coming to a stop on a hill, it can be seen the four directions around you. To the North, the Wild Growth continues thicker, the road is disappearing completely into it. But on the horizon the travelers can see the Blue Crow Mountain to go to the north. To the East there can be seen some stars beginning to shine in the purple sky, and the distant forest. Somewhere that direction the town of Tenheim should be. But it can't be seen from here! To the West the land begins to become bumpy like hills, and there is the redwood forest to the northwest. That is the destination our travelers are going! To get to Markenz, they must go through the Redwood forest!

But we will tell that story soon!

This hill is the high point in this area. Perhaps it is a good place to make a camp? There are some trees and plenty of wild-growth vines, lots of human-size grass.
But maybe it is a little dangerous, since a fire could be easily seen.
Instead it may be possible to make some hammocks to sleep safely in the trees?
Maybe scouting could be useful if there is worry about animals.
On such a warm summer evening, maybe some campfire stories could be told?
Of course, I was watching breathlessly (but not like a stalker!) to see what the travelers would do.

Please tell me what you would like to do, even if you have other ideas like [hunt] or [play music] or [trivia] or [search for herbs] or [etc.].
However, Camp Check [DEX+INT] is needed by one character after players decide a good location to prepare the camp. Of course another character can support to give +1.
After the comments from before, I want to encourage maybe, please decide freely what you would like to do. Even if Ryuutama isn't [freeform game], to be gentle like this. If a check is required, I will ask for such a roll.

I'm sorry for such a slow start. 1st day is to be very easy, trying to make such an introduction to some rules and play. Of course if there are questions, please ask in OOC thread.

Story Time
2012-12-12, 09:21 AM
For the whole of the day, Maja remained mostly silent. He brushed the snout of the red elk that greeted him in the morning with his hand. An obvious relationship was there, of some sort, but one not easily discernible. The robed clergy rode the elk out of what might have appeared to be politeness. Had any-one noticed they would have seen the elk go out of his way to allow the monk to mount and ride.

It might almost have been...

The sights of the day left Maja speechless and absorbed. His hairless head turned from one side to the other repeatedly during the hours of movement and were any of the other travelers to look his expression could have been a variation of pleased, content, calm, or happy.

Being who he was, a monk and an intentional support, Maja and the red elk traveled at the rear of the group. Others were leading and making important choices and so Maja's presence was quite non-obtrusive. However...

...the pine stool which he had sat upon in the Travel House rode upon his head the entire day. The three legs of the stool draped around his body with two legs in front of his shoulders and one falling directly behind his back. A sight no less than bizarre, Maja made riding under the seat of the smooth pine stool seem normal. Even enlightening!

As if he were a tranquil tree, Maja remained mounted upon the non-saddled red elk as the quiet beast crested the hill within the Wild Growth.

TechnOkami
2012-12-12, 12:09 PM
Rafiq, sitting on his bear, looks rather travel-weary already even though their journeying has not been so long. He seems to be swaying hypnotically between between awake and sleep, somehow keeping balance on top of his bear. Perhaps he should have taken a nap while riding.

When the small band of travelers eventually make it to their encampment, Rafiq groggily stumbles off of Misha, half-eyed and taking a quick look at their surroundings, quickly surveying where would be the best place to camp. If somebody recommends a better place, however, he's open to change his tent location.

Begrudgingly, he takes out a wondrous and think red cloth with gold and prismatic inlays of colors intertwined within its fabric. He lays a large piece of it on the ground, then forms the other large pieces around that piece, propped up with long rods and held down with rope and spokes. What eventually lay before them was a adequate family-sized tent, shimmering slightly in the sun.

"~yawn~ If anyone wants to sleep in here, they- ~yawn~ can..."

Rafiq entered his tent, and promptly plopped onto the floor, crawling inside his sleeping bag and taking a nap.

A Rainy Knight
2012-12-13, 10:37 PM
Since he'd been feeling chipper all day anyways, Gabriel happily volunteered to help Rafiq set up camp on the hill.

"You're looking rather tired there! Let me give you a hand with some of these tent-posts."

With that done, he leaned back against a tree trunk for a moment and idly surveyed the surrounding grassy fields.

"Say, would anyone care to take a look around the area with me? I'm honestly rather curious to see what kinds of plants are commonplace around here and maybe check out the lay of the land before tomorrow while we're at it. Of course, it's nothing I can't put off to another day if we have more pressing business - I'm the amateur out here, after all!" He laughed warmly.

Fri
2012-12-15, 03:06 PM
"Of course! What's the point of an adventure if we don't sight-see?" Finn replies to Gabriel.

"Do you know a lot about plants?"

A Rainy Knight
2012-12-17, 09:09 PM
"Well, preparing herbal remedies is a big part of my job, so I'm familiar with a lot of their medicinal properties, at least," Gabriel replied.

He looked at the darkening skies and sighed.

"On second thought, maybe it's getting a tad late to go rustling around in the bushes. Care to sit by the fire for a bit? Rafiq and I got it started a little while ago."

He waved Finn over and found a clear spot on the ground to settle down by the campfire.

Fri
2012-12-19, 08:33 PM
"That's interesting! I think herbal knowledge would be useful for an adventurers to have. Maybe you can teach me a bit.

It's getting dark already? What a shame. I was thinking that maybe I can hunt a bit to add to our supplies. Maybe I can do it tomorrow then."

Finn pokes the fires on the campfire before continuing.

"So... what did you guys do before doing this?"

A Rainy Knight
2013-01-06, 10:08 PM
Sitting down, Gabriel took one of the edges of his cloak in his hands and idly played around with it while he spoke.

"Well, I worked as a doctor in Paxileve, of course. I guess I mentioned that already. How about you, Finn? I gather you've been wandering and exploring for a while, but is that your profession?

Not that I'm not curious about the rest of you, of course!"

Fri
2013-01-08, 05:17 AM
"I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I'm actually just starting. I spent my childhood reading about great adventurers. Many people say that the age of exploration and adventure has ended, so I'm aiming to prove that wrong. There are still adventures and explorations to be had in the world."