PDA

View Full Version : Where Can I Find A Map of Kara Tur?

Alabenson
2012-09-05, 10:59 AM
Essentially, I'd like to find a good map of Kara Tur (Forgetten Realms Asia equivalent). I've been thinking of doing something in that area, but thus far I haven't been able to find a half-way decent map.

Palanan
2012-09-05, 04:43 PM
From what I've seen, the best maps of Kara-Tur are in the Forgotten Realms Atlas (http://www.amazon.com/Forgotten-Realms-Atlas-Karen-Fonstad/dp/0880388579) by Karen Wynn Fonstad. Oddly enough, they don't seem to include the term "Kara-Tur," but the regions match the general coastline from p. 231 of the FRCS. (I'm not really much into Realmslore, so couldn't explain why.)

The maps themselves are hand-drawn and beautiful, and often extremely detailed, especially for the islands of Wa and Kozakura. They're much better quality than most of the 3.0 maps, not to mention 4E. Cities, rivers, trade routes, landscapes of every kind--more than enough to develop a rich campaign.

Scots Dragon
2012-09-05, 05:09 PM
Kara-Tur is more the name of the continent than anything else. The same source's map of the mainstream Forgotten Realms continent doesn't have 'Faerun' written on it for much the same reason.

Psyren
2012-09-06, 10:38 PM
I did a google image search for "Kara-Tur" and found a bunch. They seem legit to me.