PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) Prewritten 1-Shot adventures?

Diarmuid
2012-09-05, 01:55 PM
Our group generally groups once per week, splitting 2 diff games with 2 diff GM's every other week. One of the games has an extra member who is currently pivotal to what's going on in the game so playing without him isnt really an option.

This pivotal character is not going to be avalable for the next few weeks, and playing 3-4 weeks in a row is a bit much for the other DM (we're mostly family men with kids and whatnot so time isnt always available for tons of prework).

I was hoping to cut him some slack by running a 1 shot adventure (or a 2-shot, or 2 1-shots depending on how his schedule works out) but I dont have a ton of time myself to throw something together.

Anyone know of any books that have just a bunch of 1-shots, or magazines that might have decent 1 shots in them?

Lord Il Palazzo
2012-09-05, 02:16 PM
I've used a few of the free adventures from the WotC webpage and found them to be pretty good. See if there's anything there (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20030530b&page=1) you might want to run.

I've run A Dark and Stormy Knight and The Burning Plague as part of my ongoing game. A Dark and Stormy Knight in particular gives a good reason to get a bunch of adventurers together asa they seek shelter in a cave during a thunderstorm. The Burning Plague is a better adventure in my opinion if you don't mind having everyone know each other from the start and can easilly be expanded to another session or two by having the players go off to find a cure for the plague in an abandoned temple somewhere instead of having the bad guy's death cure it automatically.

I've also run Bad Light on the fly as a two-shot for a group who wanted to play that evening with pretty much no more prep time than what it took to make characters. It's pretty good, but not exceptional. I'd like to have advanced some of the monsters a little bit to provide more of a challenge (and the ghouls on the boats were kind of out of nowhere; I'd rather have used a few goblins looking for loot in the cargo holds that might have been missed.)