PDA

View Full Version : Cats don't Dance

Scowling Dragon
2012-09-05, 02:25 PM
This is a 15 year old movie that I used to watch as a kid. I must have watched it about a hundred times. I didn't even get half the words.

In time I forgot about it, but the music still was with me. It really inspired me in my life. It lit my passion for music, and stuff.

Finding out about it again after so many years....was like finding the core of my sub-conscience.

Watching it again. I had such a blast. The music is REALY great (But short). And the visuals. Oh boy. I could watch the movie mute because the visuals where great. Awesome examples of expression and movement that can only be achieved through this sort of animation (sorry CG). And the music is awesome. I had a chuckle imagining micheal bay singing "Big and Loud", except probably with more shakeycam, and explosions.

Its a great film. In a different way from Pixar/ Dreamworks. Their greatness is in the words, but this film the greatness is in the expressions, in the movements, in the music.

I just love it.

DiscipleofBob
2012-09-06, 05:07 PM
Very good underrated classic.

The last movie Gene Kelly worked on ever, and his influence showed.

Probably would have done better in the box office if Disney hadn't bombed the advertising in favor of Hercules which came out at the same time.