PDA

View Full Version : [Dresden Files] Our World

Kadzar
2012-09-05, 04:50 PM
I just picked up the Dresden Files RPG Volume One (Your Story) at my LFGS yesterday. While looking it over, I noticed some references to the second volume, Our World, and I'm wondering how necessary or useful the supplement is. If I run a game at some point, will I be at a disadvantage for not having it?

Ranos
2012-09-05, 05:27 PM
It's a monster manual of sorts. All the critters from the Dresden Files, and statsheets for other generic NPCs and for the characters from the books. You could run a game without it, but it's still a big help.

Raum
2012-09-05, 07:01 PM
I just picked up the Dresden Files RPG Volume One (Your Story) at my LFGS yesterday. While looking it over, I noticed some references to the second volume, Our World, and I'm wondering how necessary or useful the supplement is. If I run a game at some point, will I be at a disadvantage for not having it?
It's completely unnecessary. I may have opened mine a dozen times over the last couple years...maybe. Most of those were checking references for forum posts.

When it comes to adversaries you're far better off tailoring them to your city, group, and interpretation of myth.

Beleriphon
2012-09-06, 05:27 PM
Its not by any means necessary. I got it largely just to read and because I bought both as a package deal.

Its fun and neat and gives tons of ideas or building monsters and badguys, but its not by any means necessary at all.

Kadzar
2012-09-06, 06:17 PM
Alright, thanks guys. I'm thinking I probably wont seek it out at this time, since I don't have a lot of spare income, and I can probably come with some pretty good stuff on my own.