PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Tiny Magus

watchwood
2012-09-05, 11:02 PM
Playing in a game the other day, my human Magus got permanently shrunk down a pair of sizes to Tiny. I've got a cleric cohort to carry me around, so a lot of things (carrying capacity, etc) aren't really going to be an issue.

Since almost all of my damage is coming from Spellstrike anyways, damage isn't going to be a huge issue. Already the party is working up plans for getting me into a combat position, from throwing me to buying me riding animals (dogs, eagles, etc).

I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for feats/etc help help with the adjustment? Right now I'm 11th level, and I've got an unfilled feat that I haven't filled in yet. I was looking at picking up the Ghost Blade arcana next level, and have been thinking about picking up the Critical Focus and Magical Reservist feats as well. Any suggestions?

metabolicjosh
2012-09-05, 11:09 PM
Get a Reach weapon...
Do you way 5 Pounds?
If so
Use the spell stick so your on the archers arrrow! xD

jaybird
2012-09-06, 12:11 AM
See about getting a fly speed.

Anderlith
2012-09-06, 12:12 AM
I believe there is a Dervish build that gives you dex to damage I'd go that route. & try to get some teleportation, dimension door to your enemies as much as you can

krai
2012-09-06, 12:13 AM
Convince an ally that they should get throw anything.

Slipperychicken
2012-09-06, 12:25 AM
Grab some all-day Flight (Overland Flight or Phantom Steed would do it just fine. My preference is Extended Phantom Steed, which would suit you perfectly if you can make it Small sized) and enjoy your free AC and ToHit boost. Also, your free +8 Stealth and +4 Fly. Since you were putting ranks in Acrobatics anyway (or you should have, anyway), dodging a few more AoOs won't hurt much.

If you're worried about your character not getting laid because he's 5 inches tall, Break Enchantment should cure it with a good CL check.

StreamOfTheSky
2012-09-06, 12:32 AM
You should get Dervish Dance feat and use a scimitar. Since Tiny creatures use dex to hit as a tiny creature, ask your DM is you can skip the weapon finesse requirement.

Lunge feat may be an occupational necessity.

Dayaz
2012-09-06, 01:46 AM
convince someone to cast permanent Enlarge person on you 2x

congratulations, you're a medium again

Ravens_cry
2012-09-06, 04:07 AM
convince someone to cast permanent Enlarge person on you 2x

congratulations, you're a medium again
Enlarge Person (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/e/enlarge-person) unfortunately does not work like that.

Multiple magical effects that increase size do not stack.

watchwood
2012-09-06, 10:59 AM
You should get Dervish Dance feat and use a scimitar. Since Tiny creatures use dex to hit as a tiny creature, ask your DM is you can skip the weapon finesse requirement.

I don't suppose you could tell me where the rule for that is? I couldn't find it on the SRD.

Grab some all-day Flight (Overland Flight or Phantom Steed would do it just fine. My preference is Extended Phantom Steed, which would suit you perfectly if you can make it Small sized) and enjoy your free AC and ToHit boost. Also, your free +8 Stealth and +4 Fly. Since you were putting ranks in Acrobatics anyway (or you should have, anyway), dodging a few more AoOs won't hurt much.

I was planning on keeping it, the AC and to-hit bonuses are pretty handy for a melee character. And Phantom Steed would probably work just as well as any of the other options I was considering.

Also, the DM decided that the waters I drank which made me this way were arbitrarily difficult to dispell, so he'll probably say no to any normal healing methods.

Rblock
2012-09-06, 11:45 AM
Right over here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/dervish-dance-combat)

As an aside, if I could reduce my Magus to Tiny annnd be able to get around with magical means, that would be sick.

watchwood
2012-09-06, 11:59 AM
Right over here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/dervish-dance-combat)

As an aside, if I could reduce my Magus to Tiny annnd be able to get around with magical means, that would be sick.

I meant the part about the tiny creatures getting free finesse. :P

And ya, it's pretty cool.

Metahuman1
2012-09-06, 12:07 PM
1: If the DM is ok with you proting some 3.5 stuff over and changing some racial requirements, pick up if possible the Confound the Big Folk and Underfoot Combatant feats and enjoy suddenly being DAMN hard to hit.

2: Getting cozy using a lance and a small extended Phantom Steed would be awesome for getting up close and then switching weapons to stay there could prove an interesting trick.

3: Drop a buff or two for extra Con and HP and maybe some DR on the magus and lady's will probably find him none threatening and he won't have to worry about getting hurt when he tires to get laid. All the DM did here was make sure she won't be bearing your child. :smallamused:

Yes, I'm horrible. Deal with it.

StreamOfTheSky
2012-09-06, 06:16 PM
I meant the part about the tiny creatures getting free finesse. :P

And ya, it's pretty cool.

Hmm...maybe it's only for combat maneuvers, but that's really strange if true. Why would it apply for maneuvers, but not attacks in general?

Anyway, this is the rule I was thinking of: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Combat-Maneuvers

"Creatures that are size Tiny or smaller use their Dexterity modifier in place of their Strength modifier to determine their CMB."

watchwood
2012-09-07, 10:18 AM
Underfoot Combatant and Confound the Big Folk both sound pretty useful. Thanks.

And I have no idea why the game would be set up like that. :P

Metahuman1
2012-09-07, 02:47 PM
Your welcome, glad I could help!