PDA

View Full Version : Portal connecting Equestria and the Aztec Empire. (1519/S2)

Fallen Angel
2012-09-06, 06:50 AM
Connecting the two nations, the portal is established in 1519 for the Aztec Empire, between the cities of Tenochtitlan, Texcoco and Tlacopan. it opens up a few miles outside Canterlot, somewhere towards Ponyville after the ending of Season 2.

The spanish and other europeans will not be allowed to approach the new world for the next thousand years.

What happens?

Dusk Eclipse
2012-09-06, 08:05 AM
......what. da. buck?

Seriously I can't really think of anything. I mean Aztec didn't know what Horses were till the Conquistadores came to america, much less how would they react to Unicorns and Pegasiv nevermind Alicorns.

Kitten Champion
2012-09-06, 08:21 AM
War. Followed by the portal being sealed off.

We're not the most friendly of species, generally.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-09-06, 08:26 AM
Probably; but I am more interested in knowing what prompted this idea... it is seriously weird.

Eldan
2012-09-06, 09:17 AM
What does Aztec religion think about sacrificing intelligent horses?

Dusk Eclipse
2012-09-06, 09:27 AM
They don't even know what they are... though I am not sure if that would stop them to be hones...

Tengu_temp
2012-09-06, 09:47 AM
PONY.MOV (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebAnimation/PonyDotMov) happens.

botkin
2012-09-06, 11:54 AM
Pinkie Pie discovers Psilocybe and the universe ends

Fallen Angel
2012-09-06, 01:04 PM
Probably; but I am more interested in knowing what prompted this idea... it is seriously weird.

Ponies have technical lead, but Aztec's have numbers. Aztec's also have fanaticism, although in the face of two alicorn goddess this seems less of a advantage than I thought. It's a invasion that might actually work as those same goddess' might not think they need to get involved. Lastly, because the Aztec's have 'magic' and won't be impressed unless seriously hax spells are thrown around.

Forum Explorer
2012-09-06, 01:18 PM
Ponies have technical lead, but Aztec's have numbers. Aztec's also have fanaticism, although in the face of two alicorn goddess this seems less of a advantage than I thought. It's a invasion that might actually work as those same goddess' might not think they need to get involved. Lastly, because the Aztec's have 'magic' and won't be impressed unless seriously hax spells are thrown around.

Wait what?

Anyways the ponies have actual magic and weather control. Just create an early winter for an easy win to drive the Aztecs away. The ponies are also much stronger and faster. The only advantage the Aztecs have is willingness to kill and that's literally it. Not that ponies are unwilling to fight mind you.

Xefas
2012-09-06, 01:23 PM
An avalanche of angry obsidian-baseball-bat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macuahuitl) wielding mexicans descend upon the ponies, who then rally their fanbase to win any discussion involving them on the internet, regardless of whether there is a win condition.

Someone writes Montezuma/Fluttershy fan fiction.

Someone else creates an Ask Aztec Queen Fluttershy tumblr.

The Glyphstone
2012-09-06, 01:25 PM
An avalanche of angry obsidian-baseball-bat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macuahuitl) wielding mexicans descend upon the ponies, who then rally their fanbase to win any discussion involving them on the internet, regardless of whether there is a win condition.

Spiked obsidian baseball bats.:smallsmile:

Dusk Eclipse
2012-09-06, 01:37 PM
Wait what?

Anyways the ponies have actual magic and weather control. Just create an early winter for an easy win to drive the Aztecs away. The ponies are also much stronger and faster. The only advantage the Aztecs have is willingness to kill and that's literally it. Not that ponies are unwilling to fight mind you.

An actual snowing winter would probably kill most Aztec, (Winter is cold here; but not enough for snow) and Aztec didn't have any resistance to most diseases (Pox decimated the native population during the conquest)

I am more of a Cuahutemoc/Fluttershy shipper; but Moctezuma II is perfect for Twilight Sparke :smalltongue:

Forum Explorer
2012-09-06, 02:24 PM
Oh besides an inevitable invasion attempt by the Aztec I don't think anything would happen. The ponies would be too freaked out by Earth's ecosystems working by themselves for any but a few extremely curious ponies to go exploring. Earth has literally nothing to offer them so besides curiosity they would have no reason to explore.

I think the Aztecs would learn their lesson after the first failed invasion attempt. They wouldn't be welcome after that so trading wouldn't really happen either. I think it's likely that both sides would be attempting to find a way to shut down the portal.

SamBurke
2012-09-06, 02:36 PM
Oh besides an inevitable invasion attempt by the Aztec I don't think anything would happen. The ponies would be too freaked out by Earth's ecosystems working by themselves for any but a few extremely curious ponies to go exploring. Earth has literally nothing to offer them so besides curiosity they would have no reason to explore.

I think the Aztecs would learn their lesson after the first failed invasion attempt. They wouldn't be welcome after that so trading wouldn't really happen either. I think it's likely that both sides would be attempting to find a way to shut down the portal.

Logic. I see it.

Considering the reactions of ponies to the Everfree forest, in addition to the exotic and dangerous nature shown in the Daring Do books, you would have VERY few ponies coming over. There'd be a lot of books written, though.

For the Aztecs, they were in awe of the horses of the Conquistadors, and I suspect that they'd be in awe of anything on 4 legs that flew, levitated, moved clouds, teleported, or shot giant force fields out of their face. Not counting the obvious talking and use of technologically advanced items (such as automatic car/juicer arrays).

Aidan305
2012-09-07, 05:13 PM
PONY.MOV (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WebAnimation/PonyDotMov) happens.

What in the name of all that is holy did I just watch?

MLai
2012-09-07, 11:12 PM
How the hell did this automatically turn into a versus thread, too?

Agree with Samburke.

Aztecs' side:
1. The Aztecs' first instinct to any strange godlike creatures is NOT to attack and sacrifice them. That would be the Europeans' first instinct; their bible even has specific instructions to do just that in the past, present, and future tense.
2. The Aztecs' first reaction to the Europeans? Invite them to the capitol as guests of the king. This would be the reception the ponies get, especially after they start talking and doing magic tricks.
3. It is likely that cultural contamination by the ponies would occur very swiftly, since I don't think ponies have any inclination for a ST-like Prime Directive. The ponies would plausibly be treated as divine agents. The ponies may try to correct that view, but in their course of doing helpful things via magic/knowledge/technology for what they see as unnecessary suffering of sentients, they'll be treated as divine beings regardless.
4. The greatest helpful thing they will do would be exactly as stated in the OP: they will keep the Europeans out, for the next millennium. I would too, if I see a bunch of Spanish thugs come ashore and promptly start robbing and slaughtering my polite hosts.
5. Aztec culture would fluorish across the Americas. Human civilization had always progressed from contact with other cultures. I think Native American civilization suffered from not having this stimulus. So imagine what would happen to Aztec culture/philosophy/worldview after contact with a benign civilization with magic and superscience, whose leaders aren't reluctant to share.
The unsavory elements of Aztec culture would quickly disappear, after the ponies say "No, baaad." The good parts such as respect for nature (this isn't a "noble savage" myth; having nature gods/spirits as your pantheon automatically means you look at your environment differently compared to Europeans) would be retained, and with the ponies' help would allow the development of a "green" industrial civilization.

The Old World:
1. In contrast to the Aztecs, Europeans naval culture would stagnate (compared to IRL history) due to the emergence of a null zone across the Atlantic. After a millennium the Americas would probably be more advanced and utopic place compared to the Old World.
2. The Abrahmic religions would probably explain the mystery beyond the Atlantic as God's plan for the Lost Tribe in the Promised Land.

Ponyland:
1. More open relations compared to the other scenario of ponies with England. Again, I'm not assuming a "noble savage" myth bias. This is primarily the difference between an exclusivist monotheistic culture which villifies all things it can't explain, vs an inclusionist polytheistic culture that are willing to believe in magic. You see parallels IRL history.
2. The community of adopted children in Equestria will occur in this scenario as well. Because the ponies will have been established in the Aztec consciousness as divine agents, these children will gain prominent social positions when they return, often as high clergy. This is the long-term way that pony influence will convert Aztec social morality to something utopic.
3. Ponies will probably vacation in America often, whenever one of them feel like being treated as royalty for a bit.

Fallen Angel
2012-09-07, 11:33 PM
How the hell did this automatically turn into a versus thread, too?

Damnit, take my karma points!

(I want posts like these.)

LibraryOgre
2012-09-22, 06:54 PM
The Mod Wonder: Please be avoid religious topics; it is not easy, given the topic, but be aware of it.

Eldan
2012-09-22, 07:14 PM
I wasn't thinking that the Aztecs would sacrifice anything new and strange they met. I was thinking that that wwas usually one of their main reasons they'd go to war, if the Ponies weren't to be sacrificed, there would be little reason to.

MLai
2012-09-22, 09:29 PM
Well since they didn't jump at the chance to sacrifice the Spanish horses, I'd think the talking flying magic-ray-zapping ponies are safe.

Morph Bark
2012-09-23, 06:20 AM
Dafuq, title? Well, alright.

Okay, so what are the chances of the ponies going to war and conquering Renaissance Earth?

Alternatively, what are the chances of the Aztecs becoming bronies?

Only one of these questions is serious. Choose wisely.

WhiteHarness
2012-09-23, 08:41 AM
I suspect that a lot of the more, uh..."interesting" theories put forth in this thread would simply not happen.

I don't think the ponies would be at all well-disposed to be friendly with the Aztecs once they saw what their culture was like. I think they'd be more inclined to remain completely and utterly separate from them.

The Europeans get a bad rap because they were conquering "thugs," but let's not forget that the Aztecs did the very same thing to their neighbors--they were guilty of a pretty fair amount of conquering, acquisitive, domineering, and all-around "thuggish" behavior of their own.

Yeah, I don't think the ponies would even consider allying with the Aztec to help them keep the Europeans out.

At most, think the ponies might attempt to "liberate" the Europeans' "enslaved" horses...

MLai
2012-09-23, 10:23 AM
You can say that for most of the ancient cultures of Earth. The ponies wouldn't touch any of them if they judge using their 1st-world cartoon morality.

WhiteHarness
2012-09-23, 11:45 AM
You can say that for most of the ancient cultures of Earth. The ponies wouldn't touch any of them if they judge using their 1st-world cartoon morality.
Truth.

I don't think the ponies would find much worth saving...

nyarlathotep
2012-09-23, 09:53 PM
Truth.

I don't think the ponies would find much worth saving...

You're saying someone with cartoonishly black and white morality wouldn't try to liberate the slave states kept by the Aztecs who were literally forced to give up either children as sacrifices? Now them winning against a enemies who number in the tens of thousands wielding weapons specifically noted to be sharp enough to "cut a horse's head off in a single swing" is questionable, but it seems like something they would at least try to fix.

Chess435
2012-09-23, 10:06 PM
This is the second strangest thread I've ever seen on this forum. :smallconfused:

Forum Explorer
2012-09-23, 10:24 PM
You're saying someone with cartoonishly black and white morality wouldn't try to liberate the slave states kept by the Aztecs who were literally forced to give up either children as sacrifices? Now them winning against a enemies who number in the tens of thousands wielding weapons specifically noted to be sharp enough to "cut a horse's head off in a single swing" is questionable, but it seems like something they would at least try to fix.

Without some really good flight abilities I don't think there is a nation on Earth that could stand up to ponies and their weather control. That being said they wouldn't interfere. Simply because they wouldn't bother to get a close enough look to interfere. After the first contact where they realize the weather and nature isn't regulated they would avoid Earth. Once they realize the inhabitants are dangerous they would likely seal the portal with magic and concrete. Actually they might do that right away.

Which would be very good for Earth because if the Windigos got to Earth we would likely go extinct. (They feed off hate and generate cold. They almost wiped out the happy and friendly ponies. We wouldn't stand a chance.)

Eldan
2012-09-24, 06:13 AM
This is the second strangest thread I've ever seen on this forum. :smallconfused:

What's the strangest?

The Glyphstone
2012-09-24, 08:14 AM
What's the strangest?

I was able to start a vs. thread pitting the Old Spice Guy against The Most Interesting Man In The World, but I don't know if that counts as strange or not..

Dusk Eclipse
2012-09-24, 12:03 PM
I was able to start a vs. thread pitting the Old Spice Guy against The Most Interesting Man In The World, but I don't know if that counts as strange or not..

I still believe The Most Interesting Man in the World should have won that one :smallmad:

:smallwink:

Chess435
2012-09-24, 12:24 PM
What's the strangest?

It was the one involving the draft-pick team dance-off between Master Chief and Khorne.

Eldan
2012-09-24, 01:57 PM
Oh, yeah. That was awesome. We need more like those.

Wasn't there a cooking contest as well?

Dusk Eclipse
2012-09-24, 02:03 PM
I don't remember a cooking vs. thread; but it sounds interesting. How about Cooking Mama (from the same name games) vs. Hanibal Lecter?

Smart_alec
2012-09-24, 06:41 PM
The Conversion Bureau (http://http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/03/story-conversion-bureau.html) but with a more curbstompy flavour to it.