PDA

View Full Version : crusader warblade.

Mrgone
2012-09-06, 10:16 AM
OK here's what i got. I'm playing a level 2 fighter level 4 war blade with a sudo charger / lock-down build. feats so far are as such. combat expertise, improved trip, ewp spiked chain, combat reflexes, knock-down, power attack, leap attack. we were just awarded 2 levels from our last session. i'm thinking about taking both levels in crusader to open up thicket of blades and other juicy crusader stuff.

here are my questions. is this a solid choice? what are some merits i need to look out for aside from whats listed above? what are some of the pit falls i may encounter? what are some options to look at for future levels? let me k
now if you want me to attach a spoiler with current maneuver list. any info is appreciated, and thank you in advance.

edit- maneuvers are in the spoiler there is some flexibility in the maneuver selection at this point but this is what i'm looking at.

war-blade maneuvers: emerald razor, iron heart surge, moment of perfect mind, wall of blades, action before thought .STANCES punishing stance, leaping dragon stance
for crusader: defensive rebuke, revitalizing strike, crusaders strike, battle leaders charge, white raven tactics. STANCES: thicket of blades, martial spirit.

Snowbluff
2012-09-06, 10:19 AM
Yes, it most certainly is.

Unfortunately, if you want to level both Crusader and Warblade Schools, Eternal Blade is a good option. Which requires elf (blegh!) :smallyuk:

It's good otherwise, and give maneuvers in Devoted Spirit and Diamond Mind, my personal favorites.

TopCheese
2012-09-06, 11:44 AM
Yes, it most certainly is.

Unfortunately, if you want to level both Crusader and Warblade Schools, Eternal Blade is a good option. Which requires elf (blegh!) :smallyuk:

It's good otherwise, and give maneuvers in Devoted Spirit and Diamond Mind, my personal favorites.

There are a few elves that aren't that bad for melee...

Painted Elf I think gets an Int penalty (sucks but not as much as con)

Perhaps Wood Elf?

Or you could take the standard elf... tack on dragonborn (evens out the scores) and have fun? Wait would you still be able to take eternal blade as a dragonborn elf??

Hmmm

I'll need to read into that.

Metahuman1
2012-09-06, 01:12 PM
I'd learn a few devoted spirit maneuvers for when you need something nice in a toe to toe situation, and thicket of blades.

I'd learn Mountain Hammer as a Crusader just to have it for utility purposes.

And then I'd load up on White raven boosts and charge maneuvers.

On Warblade, Wall of Blades and Iron Heart Surge are excellent to have, as are all the "Make a concentration check instead of save." Maneuvers. Get them. Also Grab Emerald Razor Strike. Then beyond that anything that looks cool is, so take it on, though I'd leave White Raven to the Crusader levels, and leave Stone Dragon alone all together.

Mrgone
2012-09-06, 01:38 PM
Unfortunately im locked in on race. He's human as for prc options im not sure if i have many though i may be able to talk my dm into allowing a human version of the class.