PDA

View Full Version : Fall damage

angroy
2012-09-06, 12:49 PM
I'm creating some pit traps for the D&D wiki, mostly out of bordem, (I know that's spelt wrong :smallredface: ) and I need to know:
What is the maximum fall damage you can take?
I know it's 20d6 in 3rd edition, so I'm currently assuming that the maximum is 20d10 in 4th, which is a nice 20th level 200 foot fall for most dangerous pit trap :smallamused: , but I like to be sure.
And I guess it's because of terminal velocity and all that. I understand that.
Also, anything else relating to fall damage and climbing and acrobatics would be good.
The link's here: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Large_Pit_Trap

Ashdate
2012-09-06, 02:15 PM
Falling damage is 1d10 for each 10ft, to a maximum of 50d10 (Rules Compendium, pg 209).

Not to be a spoil sport, but rules for climbing and acrobatics are in the PHB/Essentials. If I'm reading a different thread correctly, you don't have a copy of the PHB and/or DMG on hand? As enthusiastic as you seem to be about creating traps and hazards, this board isn't for printing sections of the books for people who don't have access to them. Answering rules questions is fine (as the question for falling damage), but if you're that interested in designing traps, I recommend picking up the books rather than going by word of mouth.

angroy
2012-09-06, 02:54 PM
Ah thanks, I'll borow the Player Handbook book from my friend. (I was going to do it sometime anyway, as I want to understand the rules for character creation before next session) All I really needed to know is where to find the information I needed.
And it's good to know that maximum. Higher than I thought it would be. :smallamused: