PDA

View Full Version : Ben-zyab thread, Eyadril (unauthorized readers will be eaten by a grue)

Elrihm
2012-09-06, 01:20 PM
Ben-zayb

Your character spends 20 sp bribing the local guards, and merchants for information, being more conspicuous than he had hoped, but not many were paying attention. Each replies that the Mages guild is over the river, but only two knew about the whereabouts of the apprentice. One said that he spends his time in an old, dilapidated house in the Tunnels district, while another claims to have seen him at an enchanters house somewhere within the Industrial District. Both speak with honesty. Well, at least as honest as you get with bought information.

In addition, please post a link to your character sheet in your first post.

ben-zayb
2012-09-10, 12:39 AM
Balthrin (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=441029)

Better go over the river then, where someone could entertain my questions at the guild.

After thanking the guards, the hulking hooded figure heads off to the river, politely asking passers-by for the general direction if he feels lost. He tries to remain as vigilant as possible, just in case someone is tailing him.

Once there, he will politely ask someone who seems to be of authority [again], to inquire on the mage guild's whereabouts. He himself will try to avoid/dodge questions that pertains to him, and will generally identify himself merely as someone who empathizes with the apprentice who lost his pet and thus specifically wants to do the mission. Finally, he will also ask if there's a map of the town somewhere that can be bought for cheap, if not given for free.

OOC: Possibly useful skill checks

Bluff: 18 [take 10]
Diplomacy: 15 [take 10]
Knowledge[local]: [roll0]
Spot [if/when it matters]: [roll1]
Listen [if/when it matters]: [roll2]

Elrihm
2012-09-13, 02:09 PM
Balthrin spends the better part of the afternoon scouring the city for information, and after a hard days work comes up with a name. One Geoffry Goodfellow, located in the Merchant's District, works for a man named Tulu at the enchanter's store, The Ember Smith. The sun frames the horizon in a red haze as teller's pack up their carts and head home for the day.

ben-zayb
2012-09-14, 05:27 AM
If he did procure a map, or at least found out the direction towards either the Mage's District or The Ember Smith, Balthrin will directly go there (The Ember Smith being the priority) despite the night already setting in. Otherwise, he'll go inside the first inn that he encounters, or the last and nearest one that he saw before.

Elrihm
2012-09-15, 03:35 PM
Balthrin knows the location of the Ember Smith, and will set out post-haste. He makes his way through the Merchants, and then to the Artisans where he finds the enchanter's shop. Knocking on the door, he is greeted by a middle aged man in ragged robes.

ben-zayb
2012-09-18, 12:55 AM
The hulking figure removed his hood, and spoke in common with a rumbling and guttural, inquiring voice. As usual, he remains vigilant of his surroundings.

"Good evening, monsieur. I am looking for one Geoffrey Goodfellow. I have taken an interest in the mission he posted back in town."

Diplomacy: 15 [take 10]
Sense Motive(in response to his answer): [roll0]

Spot [if/when it matters]: [roll1]
Listen [if/when it matters]: [roll2]

Elrihm
2012-09-20, 01:11 PM
The man will nod, and gesture for him to come in the shop. He walks away, his footsteps eerily silent. Apparently, if they were to talk, they would do it inside.

ben-zayb
2012-09-21, 02:06 AM
Balthrin cautions himself as usual. He follows the man and once the latter finds himself in a comfortable position, Balthrin will begin asking. If offered by the man to sit, Balthrin will do so in a slouched, relaxing manner.

"Ah, so...about the mission, then?"

After a brief pause to wait for the man's reaction, he will continue with a barrage of questions.

"What is the situation? What are looking at here? Third party involved?"

Elrihm
2012-09-21, 04:24 PM
The man will sit cross-legged, and hold up a hand. When the questions have stopped, he'll answer, "My pet, Buster, got out sometime last month. I've almost given up hope looking for him. I've had him for only a year, and it's been hard on me. Other's have looked, but found nothing. I'm offering five thousand gold for his safe return.

ben-zayb
2012-09-22, 07:40 AM
Balthrin thinks for a moment, rubbing his chin as he looks at the ceiling. After some consideration, he leans forward and responds.

"Well, that seems to be a fair price at first glance.
Hmm, but I pray you answer... what is this 'Buster' any way? A house cat? A horse? A dire tiger? And could you please provide a better description of him than being an animal? Anything: strange patches, scars, mannerisms, abilities, etc. Anything that could help, really."

Elrihm
2012-09-27, 10:03 AM
"It's a small dog that goes by the name Snuffles. He's pretty much a mutt, with rough brown fur. Do you think you can help?"

ben-zayb
2012-09-27, 07:29 PM
Balthrin responds, choosing his words carefully.

"Certainly, monsieur. Can you remember when and where you last saw him? Any particular effects with which I could identify him? A collar, a ribbon, an item of value, perhaps?"

Elrihm
2012-10-07, 12:03 PM
The man will think for a second, and then respond, "I'm not sure he was pretty nondescript. I do know that the last few adventurers stank something awful when they came back empty handed. That's all the information I have for you, I'm afraid to say. Now you know why others haven't been able to find him."

ben-zayb
2012-10-08, 07:48 PM
"Alright then, leave it to me."

With that, Balthrin stands up and heads for the exit. Before leaving, he looks back and asks his customer one last time.

"Last thing. Will I always find you here, at around this time? Or will you be going somewhere else soon?"