PDA

View Full Version : Eyadril: City of Intrigue, Silva Stormrage

Elrihm
2012-09-06, 01:24 PM
Unauthorized readers will be defenestrated.

Silva Stormrage

Your character walks into a seedy looking bar. A kobold is passed out on a table to your left, and a hulking cloaked figure sits at a table to your right. There is a human, in some rather tattered leathers sitting at the bar drinking. Behind the bar a dwarf is cleaning a filthy cup with a slightly less dirty rage.

Please post your character sheet in your first post.

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-07, 01:05 PM
Lyon pauses, Hm, this probably isn't a mage's guild. I might as well ask if they know anything though.

Lyon walks up to bar and sits at the bar. Lyon then begins to talk to the barkeep. Hello, I am new to the city. Just trying to find out where a mage guild is. I heard that they often go into bars or taverns to recruit. Do you happen to know where one would be?

Character Sheet:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=441262

Elrihm
2012-09-07, 08:06 PM
The dwarf looks up from behind the bar, puts down his rag and cup, then crosses his arms, "Aye, might be that I have", is all that he says, fixing a look on you.

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-07, 08:13 PM
So in that case tell me where one is that I could join., Lyon says somewhat losing his patience with the rudeness of this town.

Manifesting Suggestion: DC 17 Negates

Elrihm
2012-09-08, 11:58 PM
The dwarfs eyes will go fuzzy for about half a second before he snaps back, and replies, "Across the river of course, in the Library". Folding his arms across his chest, he thinks for a second, and then says, "Still if you're not the patient type to wait for the Town Crier, I hear they are meeting in the Docks tonight for a traveling merchant carrying some of their cargo. They're not recruiting, but it would let you talk to them."

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-09, 12:12 AM
Hm, I am not exceptionally patient. Do you know where in the docks? Near a landmark of some sort? I am as I said earlier new to this town and thus don't know where exactly in the docks they would be likely to meet.

Elrihm
2012-09-12, 09:53 AM
The barkeep relates where the warehouse is located in the Docks, and a few landmarks to find it there. The Docks are carved into the cliffs, and a the warehouse is south of the tunnels entrance.

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-12, 10:18 AM
Lyon nods, Thank you for the information Lyon leaves and then heads towards the docks. Once out of tavern Lyon sighs, So I have to MIND CONTROL people to get them to tell me things. Useful to know. I can see how living in this city for any extended time would enhance people's skills.

Elrihm
2012-09-13, 03:27 PM
The sun is starting to dip into the early after noon as you emerge from beneath the Tunnels. To your right and your left, a massive shelf has been carved into the face of the rock, and docked at the wooden thrusts extending from the shelf are massive ships of varying size, make and color. Around you, the rougher edge of community pushes and shouts as crates are loaded and unloaded into the buildings built either out of wood, or carved into the back of the shelf.

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-15, 06:48 PM
Lyon heads, south towards the warehouse.

Elrihm
2012-09-15, 07:58 PM
The warehouse in questions lies on the very southern edge of the shelf, built right into the rock. The windows are dark, but there is hustle and bustle around the docks in the dying sun.

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-15, 09:01 PM
Lyon, walks up to the door of the warehouse and knocks. If no one responds he looks around to see if anyone looks like a caster. If he can't find anyone he walks to the nearest person who doesn't look busy and ask them. "Hello, were there a group of people working out of that warehouse today? If so when were they working and did you notice when they left

Elrihm
2012-09-15, 09:13 PM
No one replies, and you stop one of the workers on the docks. He replies, " Aye, I think a group went in about an hour ago with some cargo. Can't say rightly if they've left or not. Best not to poke your nose into other's business, you see."

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-17, 01:11 AM
Lyon nods and smiles, Don't worry I am not prodding into other's business. Lyon walks away, So lets see, they locked the door and are probably still inside. However, due to the way this town seems to be breaking in and trying to discuss with them will quickly get me labeled as either a thief of an assailant. Neither of which are quite good. However, it would also demonstrate that I am an incredibly skill mage if I managed to enter without them knowing or identifying me. Choices, choices... well lets settle this easily . With that Lyon pulls a coin from his purse and tosses it in the air. Heads I attempt to enter and meet the guild, Tails I go back to the main square. Talk to the squire and stop attempting to bypass the standard system of entering a guild.

[roll0] (1: Heads 2: Tails)

Well looks like I will play it safe for today then. Lyon muses to himself. He heads back to the main district.

Upon arriving back in the town square
Lyon approaches the Town Crier (If he is still there) and asks him, Hello, I am new to the city. Where can I find an Inn to stay the night. And also what Inns do the local mage guilds use to accept new members? Preferably the guild "The Eldritch Circle" if it still exists. Also preferably, I can stay there for the night.

Elrihm
2012-09-20, 01:07 PM
The man will reply that they haven't been around for three weeks or so, so sometime next week they'll show up at the Red Arrow. It's a pub in the Plaza district, but the price to join is steep, he says.

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-20, 05:04 PM
Lyon nods, How steep are we talking? 100, 1000, 10000gp? I am not from around here so the scale may be different from where I am from. Also do you think they would cut the price down a bit if I demonstrated sufficient power and expertise for them?

Elrihm
2012-09-21, 04:15 PM
He replies that he's unsure, but that it takes a small fortune. They have to maintain their faculties.

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-21, 05:46 PM
Lyon sighs, Thats... not exactly reassuring. Maybe my first task should be to get some local renown before attempting to join. They might be more accepting of me regardless of my money if I show them I would be a good investment. Well then where is the Red Arrow and can I rent a room there? Or is for drinking only?

Elrihm
2012-09-26, 02:28 PM
He scratches his head, and says that he'd have to be pretty damn hot stuff for them to waive the fee, but that the Red Arrow does have some rooms, but they are too expensive for the likes of himself.

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-26, 02:51 PM
Lyon nods, Fair enough, could you give me some names of some other cheaper inns if this inn is too expensive for me?. After he gets the names he heads off to the Red Arrow.

Elrihm
2012-10-02, 10:00 PM
He rattles of a few names that should be easily findable, and you head out. The Red Arrow is in the Plaza district, the outside a respectable looking tavern. The shutters are open, and the door thrown open in the warmth of the day.

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-02, 11:58 PM
Lyon walks into the Red Arrow and tries to find someone who works there who might be able to get him a room, Lyon then walks up to them and asks, Hello, I have just arrived into the city and am looking for a room. How much is a room here per night?