PDA

View Full Version : The GAUNTLET: Bryn Hwllbyrdson (Stage 1)

Beelzebub1111
2012-09-06, 03:45 PM
"Hello Sport's Fans! This is Jim, and I'm here with my co-host, former competitor Bob Bifford! How are you doing Bob?"

"I'm doing great Jim, and what a show we have for you tonight. Our Dungeon Jockey 'DJ In-Q-Bu5' has put together a great Gauntlet run for us tonight"

"I should hope so, Bob. With his "win" record, I doubt he'll be in the business for much longer. He'll probably get the Axe from his sponsors. LITERALLY!"

"Crying shame, but you can't doubt his failures when we've got some fantastic competitors coming in from all over the world. Today's cometator is a fighter named...Bryn Hwllbyrdson? I've never seen a name with so few vowels in it!"

"That's not true! remember Lvdwk Svlkdnkndrn? The first truenamer, to ever make it past Stage 1! I think he actually made all the way to stage 7 when he tripped on the doorframe and bit clean through his tongue!"

That was quite a spectacle! Let's get down to the action, and hope our competator does a little better.

The Map:
http://i48.tinypic.com/34nfvxz.png
Start in any square in the red dot. You win when you reach the blue dot.
Doors are locked until the encounter in the room is defeated. Either unconscious or dead. They take a move action to open and slide into the wall, unable to be used as cover.
Teleporting past a door is an automatic forfeit.
Walls are reinforced stone, Doors are reinforced wood.
The Ceilings in rooms are 30ft high, in the corridors they are 10 feet high.
Yo yo yo! This is yo DJ IN-Q-BU5! I Hope you're ready ta DIE, son! You ain't gettin' outta THIS sh<bleep> alive!

Bryn (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=442156)

OOC:Give your Starting location, Roll your initiative, and start the first round

bryn0528
2012-09-06, 10:29 PM
Starting in C2, mace equipped and ready.
Initiative; [roll0]

Bryn, Round One
****, how've I gotten myself into this mess? Bryn breathes in deep, adjusts the grip on his mace. It's cheap, but sturdy enough and definitely better than going in it alone. He'd hardly had time to master even a single spell yet, to his father's chagrin. It's too late to go back now. With precision, a false sense of confidence, and a lot of regret he moves to the door and slides it open. The muscles in his arm pull and tense, ready to strike should anything be waiting for him. The first sign of a clear opening, and he trots to the middle of the room, eyes trained on anything that moves.
TABOh, the droning voices! Make them stop, please. Don't these sodding idiots know anything? Y is a vowel, and so is W, and Ll.... Okay, maybe not so much the last, but still.

Visible;
Move to C4 and open first door.
Readied;
Readied action to strike anything within arm's reach, should it be waiting and he prove quicker. If not, continue move to C8, if allowed.
Preroll for possible attack, if necessary; [roll1]
Stats;

HP; 11.
AC; 15 (+1 DEX, +4 ARMOR), 14 Flat-footed, 11 Touch.
End turn, unless resolution conflicts.

Beelzebub1111
2012-09-07, 03:17 PM
Readying is a standard action, Do you want to move to the door, then ready and open on turn 2? or move open and see what happens?

bryn0528
2012-09-07, 10:40 PM
Apologies, I forgot to consider that opening the door is also a standard action. For now, open the door and see what happens.

Beelzebub1111
2012-09-12, 09:03 PM
You open the door and find a creature (D,8) that looks like a primitive human with grey skin and coarse hair. His posture is stooped, his forehead is low, and his pig-like face has a jutting lower jaw and lower canines that resemble tusks. He wields a a rusted falchion, letting out a mighty bellow

[roll0]