PDA

View Full Version : Facebook's Survey

Meph
2012-09-06, 06:07 PM
I specify that I live in Italy and have never been in the USA, and that I use facebook in english language. A few moments ago facebook offered me a survey, with no other details in the beginning than being about facebook itself.
Starting from the second page of the survey, however, all the questions were about US politic: Bush-Obama-Romney, my position about rep-and-demo, and questions aimed to my knowledge about actuality (in the last 3 months economy has shrinked 7%, true or false?). I can suppose the whole survey was based on me being american for a single question "will you vote or not for the next presidential polls?" (I do not remember the exact words, sorry If I've used an unusual lexicon).
I have no intrest in debating about this politic stuff here, but I made this thread for asking you: was it just a fault of my account or the whole social network is delivering this survey all around the world?

Erloas
2012-09-06, 06:33 PM
As for this survey, I started to do it, then was like... facebook newsfeed... is that something I'm missing or is that the posts of my friends/liked pages, so I went to check. It isn't news at all unless a friend happens to post news, so as a newsfeed its a dubious title at best. Which lead to me leaving the survey on the first page and not being able to get back to it, so I have no idea what the rest of the survey is.

Aedilred
2012-09-07, 02:19 AM
I haven't been issued with one of these surveys, so it's not happening to everyone.

Bill Murphy
2012-09-07, 09:13 AM
I'm in the USA and I haven't recieved this survey either.
I never participate with online surveys. I don't trust them.

Yora
2012-09-07, 10:40 AM
Well, with facebook you know that these information are used to improve targeted advertising, and that they will probably be sold to companies.

Lensman
2012-09-07, 11:09 AM
I get nervous of any of those so-called surveys - most of them are scams of some form. As regards them assuming that you are American - all the more reason to suspect it's a scam. I'd have expected Facebook not to be so parochial - they know there is more to the world than just the USA.

Erloas
2012-09-07, 12:14 PM
This was very clearly a facebook survey, not an app or an add. It showed up in the same space that new features show up from facebook, such as when they were switching people over to Timeline, and when they have new TOSs and that sort of thing.
It wasn't in the newsfeed or linked/posted by anyone.