PDA

View Full Version : FIZZ! League of Legends inspired class! PEACH

DerTollUdo
2012-09-06, 07:20 PM
This class was made after some inspiration from League of Legends.
I will also be including an accompanying race, when I get some more time :)

Let me know your thoughts, and enjoy :)

The Tidal Trickster
{table=head] Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will |Special
1 | +1 | 0 | 2 | 2 | Ability Rank, Nimble Fighting
2 | +2 | 0 | 3 | 3 | Ability Rank
3 | +3 | 1 | 3 | 3 | Ability Rank
4 | +4 | 1 | 4 | 4 | Ability Rank
5 | +5 | 1 | 4 | 4 | Ability Rank
6 | +6 | 2 | 5 | 5 | Ability Rank
7 | +7 | 2 | 5 | 5 | Ability Rank
8 | +8 | 2 | 6 | 6 | Ability Rank
9 | +9 | 3 | 6 | 6 | Ability Rank
10 | +10 | 3 | 7 | 7 | Ability Rank
11 | +11 | 3 | 7 | 7 | Ability Rank
12 | +12 | 4 | 8 | 8 | Ability Rank
13 | +13 | 4 | 8 | 8 | Ability Rank
14 | +14 | 4 | 9 | 9 | Ability Rank
15 | +15 | 5 | 9 | 9 | Ability Rank
16 | +16 | 5 | 10 | 10 | Ability Rank
17 | +17 | 5 | 10 | 10 | Ability Rank
18 | +18 | 6 | 11 | 11 | Ability Rank
19 | +19 | 6 | 11 | 11 | Ability Rank
20 | +20 | 6 | 12 | 12 | Ability Rank
[/table]

Nimble Fighting:
A Tidal Trickster ignores difficult terrain and other creautures for movement purposes. Additionally, you gain a bonus to your natural armor equal to your levels in this class.

Ability Rank:
Every level you gain a new rank. You may assign a rank to an ability as long as it doesn’t have 5 ranks already. Below are the Abilities you may rank up. The abilities may only be used while you are wielding a trident.

Abilities:

Urchin Strike:
As a move action, you may dash at a target within 30'. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity. At the end of this dash you may strike your target once with a melee attack with an additional 2d6/Rank in damage. After using this ability you must 1d4-1 rounds before using it again. It may only be used once per round.

Seastone Trident:
This ability deals level*rank in damage over 3 rounds to any enemy you hit with a melee attack, and only applies to a target once per round. Additionally you may activate this ability as part of an attack action to deal additional damage equal to its rank+5 to all melee attacks made for the rest of the round. This ability may only be used every 1d6 rounds.

Playful/ Trickster:
Upon activiating this ability as an immediate action, you pick a location within 10'+10'/Rank. You then hop to that location and balance on your spear for up to 1 round. This movement doesn’t provoke attacks of opportunity. While balancing on your spear, you cannot be targeted by any attacks, abilities, or spells. You then must decide to either hop to another location within 10'+10'/Rank or hop to the ground. Either way, you may make a melee attack at a target within reach after you hit the ground. After using this ability you must wait 1d8 rounds before using it again.

Chum The Waters:
As a standard action usuable one per encounter, you may create a shark like image at a target location within 60'. This shark will deal rank*level d6 damage to those within 10' and half that damage to those further than 10' out up to 20'. You may only take ranks in this ability at levels 8, 11, 14, 17, 20. Targets may make a Fort Save (DC 10+1/2 Levels+Dex modifier) to take half damage. This ability affects undead and other things normally immune to Fort saves.

DerTollUdo
2012-09-08, 11:44 AM
I also realize that it is missing HD, Skills, and proficiencies. I need suggestions for what these should be.

Thinking d6 hit die...

Tanuki Tales
2012-09-08, 03:09 PM
For Hit Dice, I suggest a d8.

While Fizz can be a glass cannon he can also be built on the tanky side, so I feel that the Pathfinder Rogue's Hit Dice is a good place.

Proficiencies I suggest Light Armor and all Martial weapons, while on skills I suggest no less than 4+Int (I personally never brew anything with less; I don't agree with the Barbarian being more skilled out of the gate than the Fighter or Wizard).

For some reason I feel like Seastone Trident needs a Fort save for reduced damage. I mean, it's not too good or anything, it's just a gut feeling. Unless you change it bleed damage.

How does Playful/Trickster interact with you activating it in response to being targeted by a spell?

Is Chum the Waters an illusion spell? And isn't 100d6 kind of too much?

Also, all your abilities are missing tags (such as Ex., Su, Sp, etc.).

Overall, you've replicated Fizz, but League Champions are just too narrow in scope for basing a base class on unless you add in a good plethora of thematic abilities to flesh the class out.

DerTollUdo
2012-09-09, 12:44 AM
D8 sounds like a good decision. Proficiencies seem solid. Not sure about skill points. maybe more, but definitely no less I agree. What kind of list should he have? As is, most of his ability to exist outside of combat is in the skill area...gonna try to change that soon though by adding in other class abilities.

Also: a friend brought up that it says nothing about the spear being untargetable while you are on top of it. To solve this should I make it A) like a soulknife blade? B) while in use for an ability it is also untargetable? C) something else?

Still not set on how any of the abilities should work yet, as I kinda made them all in like 30 minutes. I feel as though adding a fort save to something that you already have to roll to hit for seems harsh, unless I add in something like a grievous wound...

It is an immediate action: therefore it can be used as an instant interrupt. Unless I am suddenly lapsing in knowledge?

Chum isn't really typed atm...didnt want to make it something that people would be immune to by way of trying to be immune to stronger things (like dominate and such) so thats why no illusion...I was just kinda imagining it like maneuvers. Something that just spontaneously exists then dissipates. The damage might seem high, but I feel it sits on the fence for how strong something should be. It is a standard action once per encounter...and other classes can do similar amounts of damage with other builds...like the melee characters who deal multi hundreds earlier and more often...idk.

I didn't know what to make the abilities. Ex is really strong for some (P/T) but not so bad for the others. And I didn't want to make some different, you know?

Can you think of any good thematic elements I can work into the class? I made this as a gift for a friend, as I don't really play the champ much.