PDA

View Full Version : Disintegration is a way of life! (3.5 PrC, PEACH)

Noctis Vigil
2012-09-07, 03:41 AM
Obliterater

Prerequisites:
Spellcasting: Able to cast Orb of Obliteration (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233063)
Feats: Arcane Thesis (Orb of Obliteration)
Skills: Knowledge (Arcana) 20 Ranks
Special: Must have taken all five levels of the Dire Disintegrater (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232659) prestige class.
Special: Must have destroyed something of personal significance and value with the Orb of Obliteration spell.

Class Skills: As Wizard
Hit Die: D4

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spellcasting

1st|
+0|
+2|
+0|
+2|Dangerous Distance|
-

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+0|
+3|Deadly Disintegrater|+1 level of spellcasting

3rd|
+1|
+3|
+1|
+3|Overwhelming Orb|+1 level of spellcasting

4th|
+2|
+4|
+1|
+4|Quintessence of Disintegration|+1 level of spellcasting

5th|
+2|
+4|
+1|
+4|Overpowering Orb|+1 level of spellcasting[/table]

Proficiencies: An Obliterater gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Spellcasting: At each level except 1st, an Obliterater gains new spells per day (and spells known, if applicable) as if he had also gained a level in a spellcasting class in which he could cast Orb of Obliteration to which he belonged before adding the prestige class level. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained (such as the bonus feat sometimes gained by a Wizard). If he (somehow) had more than one spellcasting class in which he could cast Orb of Obliteration before becoming a Obliterater, he must decide to which class to add each level for the purpose of determining spells per day and spells known.

Amazing Distance: An Obliterater can shoot far further than the average Wizard can. When casting Orb of Obliteration, increase the spell's range to long at no extra cost.

Deadly Disintegrater: The power of destruction flows through the Obliterater. Starting at 2nd level, his levels of Obliterater stack with his levels of Dire Disintegrater to determine the bonus granted by his Expert Eradicator bonus. In addition, he gains a +1 bonus per class level to the save DC of any Orb of Obliteration spell he casts.

Overwhelming Orb: An Obliterater knows how to deal more pain with each punch. Starting at 3rd level, whenever he casts Orb of Obliteration, foes who make a successful Fortitude save now take half damage. Foes with Mettle still take 10D6 damage on a successful save as well.

Quintessence of Disintegration: An Obliterater has dedicated his life to finding the true power of disintegration. At 4th level, he unlocks another key to that path. Any Disintegrate or Orb of Obliteration spell he casts now does 3d6 damage per level instead of the usual 2d6.

Overpowering Orbs: At 5th level, an Obliterater has unlocked the potential for true destruction within himself. He may cast Orb of Obliteration as a spell-like ability at will, so long as he has an uncast 9th level spell slot.

ArkenBrony
2012-09-07, 12:23 PM
This class is awesome, and it gives me one question, could you make a prestige class that was this and the prerequisite class as 1 prestige class instead of 2 separate ones

Noctis Vigil
2012-09-08, 01:33 AM
Hmm. I theoretically could, but the logistics would be wonky. I would basically have a point where I would say "and now you can't take more levels of this till you can cast Orb of Obliteration", because if you take Dire Disintegrater as soon as you can, you'll be 6 levels away from 9th level spells, with another level added due to losing a caster level from the first PrC. So you can enter Dire Disintegrater at 12, take all 5 levels. This gets you up to 8th level spells, so you would have to wait 3 more levels to take the first level of this class, making minimum entry to this class level 19.

I hope that makes sense?

ArkenBrony
2012-09-08, 01:45 AM
Hmm. I theoretically could, but the logistics would be wonky. I would basically have a point where I would say "and now you can't take more levels of this till you can cast Orb of Obliteration", because if you take Dire Disintegrater as soon as you can, you'll be 6 levels away from 9th level spells, with another level added due to losing a caster level from the first PrC. So you can enter Dire Disintegrater at 12, take all 5 levels. This gets you up to 8th level spells, so you would have to wait 3 more levels to take the first level of this class, making minimum entry to this class level 19.

I hope that makes sense?

it does, but as a wizard, you would get arcane thesis at 12th level, take 5 levels in dire disintegrator, 1 level in wizard in which you take arcane thesis again, and then 5 levels in obliterater. but yeah that makes sense. it probably wouldnt work