PDA

View Full Version : One Piece - Roseford Pirates

Shadow Blade
2012-09-07, 06:55 PM
Roseford Island has been a quiet, peaceful town for many generations. The majority of the island are simple farmers and shop keepers, all with very little money to their names, so why the pirates came is anyone's guess.

Three years ago, Roseford's transport ship, in charge of moving crops to a larger town to sell was taken over at sea. It quickly returned to the island loaded with the Blue Moon pirate crew, one of the largest pirate crews in East Blue.

The village was taken over in a matter of hours, bringing with it 7 casualties and many more injuries from those that fought back. The pirate crew had full control of the island. Nobody entered or exited the village, all postal was inspected and read before leaving or entering, and every shipment paid 40% to the pirates.

Life went on for the villagers. Under the constant fear of the pirates, and living became harder with less and less of a cash flow going through the village. After three years of living this way, a small wrecked dingy has washed up on the shore after a terrible storm. One man was left on its remains, unconscious and badly wounded. Luckily for him, a villager found him before the pirates did.

This is where our story begins...

The sun had finally decided to show itself to the small island again after the horrible storm that lasted three days. Due to the storm, the cargo ship for Roseford has been late this week, causing the shipments to get backed up in the warehouse by the dock. When the ship finally pulled into the dock, a few dozen Blue Moon pirates rounded up who they could to load up the ship and get it back on schedule.

"Come on! Get a move on! We still got a few hundred more crates to move!" The pirate supervisor yelled over the dozen pirates and villagers running around. As he yells, two pirates walk off the ship carrying a long slim crate each and bring it over to the supervisor, muttering something.

"What? Hell no, I need you two here. Send some of the kids, they're just slowing us down anyway. Hey, you two! Get over here!" As he bellows over the crowd, he points over at the two youngest in the crowd, Lann and Richard.

As you approach, the two long slim crates get shoved into your arms. "Both of you, take these up the beach here to the mansion and give them to the guards outside, then hurry your ass back here and get back to work."

A fair hike up the beach, when you can just see the ship behind you and a large mansion in front, you spot what appears to be a pile of wood scattered across the beach. Upon closer inspection, you find it is the remains of a wrecked dingy with an unconscious woman stretched over one of the wreck. Her long dark blue hair draped over her remains of her torn clothes.

Tsumeken
2012-09-07, 09:08 PM
Erin hadn't strayed out to often, at least where pirates were concerned. The rising sun made him squint his eyes against the growing dawn. He tried to stay out of sight from any pirates that may be wandering around at this time. The beach had a nostalgic feel, reminding him of when he returned to the island in that stolen lifeboat.

He sat on a large rock and gazed out at the sea wondering if maybe he should have stayed with the marines. Maybe he would have made a commander or something of himself, then he could have come back with a ship and taken the island back. Oh well to late for that now.

Didn't know if you just wanted anyone to post or just Richard and Lann at the moment

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-07, 09:15 PM
Jacob remains hidden in the crowd observing the events developed. He is a little worried about Richard even though he knows Richard can take care of himself. Jacob observes the crates for a few seconds and wonders what could be inside the crates due to their weird shape.

-sniped
I wonder the same as Tsumeken.

Astro_sol
2012-09-07, 10:16 PM
Richard heard the pirate open his filthy mouth. He lost track of the people around him as he clenched his fists together, his nails digging into his palms.

He could have been the one. Father...

He shook his head. Logic, so rare a commodity in the young man's mind, bellowed into his mind: there are more of them than you. Also other people might get hurt. Don't be stupid.

So he smiled. He spotted Jacob trying to hide in the crowd; he would have noticed what the smile meant. Richard was planning something, and Richard should never plan things.

"Yes sir, Mr. Pirate sir!" he spat with that same smile, grabbing the offered box and turning around without paying attention to the other kid; let him catch up. He needed to get further up the beach to see what was in the box.

Of course, his plans were interrupted by the fact that:

Wild Woman appeared!
Richard is confused!

"Uh," he managed. She was certainly a looker. Hoooooooooooly crap. She was also unconscious, Logic reminded him. "Uh," he said again, then set the crate down, using it for support while leaning forward to poke her face. "You're not dead, are you?"

We should bring her to my doctor-lady as soon as you can get Richard to stop being stupid.

Jacior
2012-09-07, 10:45 PM
Lann nodded at the pirate who was yelling at him and hurried over to receive his crate. The other kid, Richard took off with his box before Lann had even gotten there. He took his crate carefully and headed up the beach towards Richard.

Unfortunately, his efforts were suddenly unimportant as there was an unconcious woman on a... well, it was a boat once. Richard was just standing there... leaning over and poking her. Wow. Really? You help someone who's hurt, not poke them.

Lann rushed over and set his crate down. He pushed Richard out of the way and tried to check the womans pulse, assuming she still had one. "Ma'am? Are you ok? Hello?"

I assume some kind of roll needs to be down to check a pulse? [roll0]

Shadow Blade
2012-09-08, 02:07 PM
The woman is completely knocked out and although you can find a pulse, she appears to be in critical condition. She seemed to have gotten thrown around on the boat and is coated in blood. She seems to be in desperate need of medical attention.

Astro_sol
2012-09-08, 03:17 PM
Richard stumbled as the other boy pushed him.

"Hey, watch where you're-" he started to say, but paused as the kid looked like he knew what he was doing. Of course, both of them were kids, and this chick looked bad. And pretty.

Before he knew it he found himself dropping the crate and starting to lift the woman up, careful not to jostle any broken bones (and to avoid any protests from the other kid). Thanks to his great strength, Dr. Hedges had made him act as an impromptu ambulance on several occasions; while he didn't know much about doctoring, he knew enough from experience to not screw things up worse.

"Kid," he said, although the boy didn't look all that much younger than him. "You should prolly grab my crate and run off to the pirates. I'm sure they'll notice if their shipment doesn't come in. If they ask where I went, tell 'em I ran off and left you alone or something. I'll get this lady to the doctor."

If Lann wants to follow Richard, he can, but do remember to bring at least one of those boxes. Slim crates pique my interest.

Do let me know if Richard needs to roll for lifting up an injured, unconscious lady.

asdf7389
2012-09-08, 06:17 PM
Shu looked on at the pirates moving their boxes back and forth. Between all the busy bodies, surely no one would notice if a box here or there turned up missing. Shu walked down a narrow ally, watching the man in front of him drop the crate he was carrying. Slipping down, quietly drags the crate towards the alley with him.
In case this counts as a slight of hand roll or hide roll:
Slight of Hand [roll0]
Hide [roll1]

Tsumeken
2012-09-08, 08:08 PM
Erin slipped of of his perch to the ground as he heard the voices from up the beach and went to investigate, seeing the boy reach down and pick up the woman from the small boat. He watched from a distance, letting them get a head start on moving the woman before following them.

Jacior
2012-09-08, 10:56 PM
Lann grabbed the Richard's box and started following him. "The boxes can be late. This woman needs our help more." He was earnestly concerned and it showed on his face. He kept pace easily with the stronger boy, even though he was carrying the awkward thin crates. What were in these anyway?

Codemus
2012-09-08, 10:59 PM
From the back of the warehouse, behind the crowd of villagers still milling about, came dulcet tunes floating on the wind. Sitting atop a few stacked crates was Raylow, strumming out a somber tune. Eyes closed, he grunted and then spoke, his voice deep and rough. “Hmm… good one. I may be on to something.” Though the tune was done, he continued to pluck random strings, a habit of his when he was thinking.

Music Link - <-[}{]-> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmkg_KiiBe0) I'm gonna try to provide these whenever he does anything major musicaly.

Elbeyon
2012-09-09, 02:02 AM
Mni had been doing minor repairs all morning, luckily most of the damage was superficial. As she finished nailing down a loose board she took a mental note of her progress. She'd gotten the small stuff out of the way, the only thing that remained was some patch work on the starboard.

Which created a problem, the supplies she needed weren't on board and Gonshiro was keeping an eye on whoever was coming and going. She was allowed to leave, but surely he would heckle her.

Mni made her way above board and nervously peered over the railing. Hopefully Mr. Gonshiro wouldn't spot her. Her hands began to clam up as she looked for him and fear began to set in. Several minutes pasted and she still didn't see him, her mind eased up and she slipped out when no one was paying attention. She started walking away from the boat. Thoughts of her discovery raced through her mind and her breath quickened. Mr. Gonshire isn't here. Mr. Gonshire isn't here. Mr. Gonshire is... Her head and heart pounded as she resasured herself.

Shadow Blade
2012-09-09, 01:11 PM
As the door of the office swings open with the ring of the bell over head, the old lady in her white coat stood up from behind a flower pot she was currently arranging. Her smile warmly greets you two, then suddenly vanished when she spotted the unconscience, bloody woman being carried in your arms.

"Oh goodness, what happened? Here, here, set her down." With that she flings one of the bed sheets off as watches as you set her down and starts inspecting her, checking the severity of her wounds and making sure of her pulse.

"Who is she, and what have you been doing?" She takes a quick glance up at you from the woman under her hands, then slowly turns towards the two thin crates in your arms. "What... are those...?"

Tsumeken
2012-09-09, 01:54 PM
Erin sat on his haunches just below the window outside of the doctors office. He tried to find a open one so he could hear them talking inside, he let his rifle rest in his hands as he listened in. Suddenly small pale hands grabbed at his arm and began pulling him. He looked over, this wasn't the first time it had happened.

Standing there in a bright yellow sundress stood a girl of no more then ten years of age. She let off a slight glow about her as she tugged again, not speaking, but merely smiling. "I can't play right now Sam, I've got work to do." The apparition pouted sliently giving him a look as it mocked holding it's breath, a sigh escaped Erin's lips. "I need to make sure these two aren't getting into anything alright, I'll play with you later, we can play tag okay?" The ghostly figure leap silently letting out a un-uttered "yay" in it's expression before vanishing.

Jacior
2012-09-09, 02:03 PM
Lann takes a moment to take a deep breath and then explains things to the wonderful Dr. Hedges. "We were down at the docks because the pirates have gathered up people to help bring in the shipment so they can get back on their schedule. They told Richard and I to take these crates up to the mansion up the beach, so we took them and started walking." He stopped for a second to breathe. "Richard got to their before I did, but it seems like this woman was out on a dingy during the storm. Her boat was trashed and we found her unconcious on the beach. I checked her pulse before Richard moved her and I followed him as he carried him here to you, Dr. Hedges."

He looked over at Richard. "It seems like he knows who to go to for the best help." The good doctor had been involved in Lann's life from an early point due to his poor health. He looked at the crates he was holding. "I don't know what they are. I was just carrying them."

Astro_sol
2012-09-09, 04:22 PM
Richard lifted a finger to answer, but the kid beat him to it. As he spoke, Richard realized that he still didn't know what was in the boxes. He wordlessly grabbed one and began to try to pry it open, ignoring any protests from the others. This was something Blue Moon wanted, and he aimed to find out.

I guess a Strength check is in order. Unless it's not.
[roll0] with a Strength of 16.

asdf7389
2012-09-09, 09:41 PM
Shu moved far back into the alley till he was sure he wouldn't be seen. He began to take the edge of his knife and started to pry the a loose board off the crate.

"Let's see what we have here..."

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-09, 11:25 PM
Jacob gets distracted from his surroundings as he hears a catchy tune from around the area and decides to find the source. It doesnt take long before he sees an old man playing his instrument on top of few crates. Jacob watches silently not wanting to interrupt him.

Elbeyon
2012-09-10, 02:04 AM
Arriving at the storage building, Mni removes the tarp from the lumber stocks and folds it next to the pile. Seems like it did its job, most of the wood looks dry. While grabbing a couple of the shorter pieces to haul back to the ship a pain shoots through her thick leather glove. As she removes the glove a grimaces look appears on her face, apparently someone made the mistake of loading a plank full of nails into the pile. In a hurry she applies pressure to the bloody injury makes off towards the doctor's office.

Pushing the door open with her right shoulder she sets the overhead bell off. She sees the others waiting around with an obviously more important client so she moves off to the side and sits down on a chair if possible. She redresses the wound the best she can while she waits.

Tsumeken
2012-09-10, 02:19 PM
Erin's ears pick up at the sound of the bell as he moves himself to peek into the window, his rifle over his shoulder just in case.

Codemus
2012-09-10, 03:02 PM
Raylow stopped playing his nameless tune as he turned and opened one eye to look at the young man listening to him play. "Hmm? Now what brings you my way?" He hopped down and held his bass forward. "Was it the sultry tunes of this silver tounged devil? Aye, it is a.... wait.. you seem familiar." Carefully strapping the bass onto his backpack, Raylow circled the young man with his hand on his chin lost in thought (or so you'd think, his arm just dissapears in his beard up to his elbow, maybe he is just chewing on his fingernails). "Are you that... uh... now what was that name again? Uh... Tew? Yeah, are you that Tew kid?"

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-10, 09:28 PM
"That´s right. I am Jacob Tew. Probably heard of me from being the apprentice of Doctor Hedges" Jacob made a small bow to show respect to the elder man. "I apologize if I interrupted you. I just wanted to listen to your music. So, can I know the name of the artist of such an alluring tune if I may ask? "

Codemus
2012-09-10, 10:00 PM
Closing his eyes, he put his arms behind his back and turned his back to Jacob. He stood for nearly a minute before he said anything at all. "Hmm... ha... HA... HAHAHAHAHA!! HAHAHAHAAAHA!!" Propping himself up on a nearby crate, he caught his breath. "Whoooo boy, you got a mighty high opinion of yerself squirt. Nah, thats not where I've seen ya before. But don't worry, it isn't important."

Composing himself once more, he looked up at the big kid and waved off the formality. "Bah, folks call me Raylow. I'm just a humble musician by trade. I'm just hiding out from dem blue bottom pirates. Nasty lot, and not to bright." Removing a small blue brush, he started combing his beard absentmindedly. "Reckon how long its gonna last... not too much longer I'm sure."

Shadow Blade
2012-09-10, 10:45 PM
As you pull at the wooden crate, you find that it was simply attached as protection for a slim metal case inside. With a quick glance, you easily see that the metal appears to be quite thick and refuses to open, but you can't find a single hatch, lever, or even a lock of any kind on it.

As you open the crate you dragged to the alley, you easily pry it open, finding the crate of new fishing supplies for the harbour shop that the old man has eagerly been waiting for.

Dr. Hedges looks past the two boys in front of her and notices the girl walking in with the bloody hand. "I'll be with you in a second dear." With that, Dr. Hedges grabs Richard's hands and pulls him closer to the girl, making him apply pressure to the wound under the unconscious girl's collar bone, then walks away in a hurry to the window, grabbing what looks like an old school bell and rings it out the window. The echo travels through the village, reaching Jacob as an alarm that she needs help at the clinic. She then walks past the three to help the girl and her hand, talking over her shoulder "Just hold pressure on her wound, it'll heal faster by holding the medicine to it."

Astro_sol
2012-09-10, 10:52 PM
Richard really wanted to know what was in the box, but Doc Hedges was doing her insistent thing, and there wasn't anything he could really do about it. She might tug on his ear or something.

"Coming, coming," he said, but as she directed him to apply pressure to the wound, he turned his eyes to the other boy. "You can have whatever's in the other box. But I got dibs on the metal thing."

Then he turned to the poor lady whose life was apparently in his hands. She was really, really pretty, now that he got a good look at her. Her skin looked pale, but he couldn't tell if that was from the drowning or just her natural look. Her hair was messy and dark blue. He had the feeling that she usually looked really pretty, but right now...well, it wouldn't be polite to point it out to the poor woman, unconscious or not. He could tell, though, she was really pretty. And nearly drowning was probably scary and sucked really hard.

He pressed down with a will, his gaze fierce.

asdf7389
2012-09-10, 10:53 PM
Shu looked at the box, seeing that it's just fishing supplies. Letting out a disappointed sigh, he sealed the crate and carried it off into the street. Setting it back where it was, he continued up the street. His head ducked low and hands in his pocket, he stuck next to the wall. Shu kept an eye out for opportunity. Slowing down as he passes the doctor's building. Stopping by the clinic he takes a peek in, seeing an unfamiliar face.

"Who's that? Doesn't look like one of the pirates I've seen before," he thought to himself.

Tsumeken
2012-09-10, 11:08 PM
Erin ducks to the side when the doctor goes to ring the bell, returning after the doctor had gone back away from the window. Standing now he looked in noting the crate having been opened, also a new girl had shown up, her wrists and hand seemed covered in blood. Enough of this skulking, it was time to move, he made his way to the door of the clinic and proceeded through it

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-10, 11:20 PM
Jacob crossed his arms as he heard him laugh and comment. He wondered about from where he knew him. He later raised an eyebrow and put a sarcastic smile after hearing his about the pirates´s reign being over soon. "What makes you say that? Those parasites can still take a lot more from this island and I dont think there is anybody out there who will do anything about it."

Elbeyon
2012-09-10, 11:33 PM
Slightly intimidated by Dr. Hedges close positioning, she gives a quiet explanation, "um. I hurt myself at the docks, grabbed a nail...". She holds her hand out for the doc can get a better look and turns her head downward. Eye contact is something she regularly avoided, it just made her feel uneasy.

Codemus
2012-09-10, 11:46 PM
Raylow held up one finger and tapped his head. "Well first of all they are as dumb as a back of rocks teaching another bag of rocks how to count. And two.. " He pointed now out to the ocean. "I dunno if you've ever been to sea, but out there, and even to some extent on land, nothing stays the same for long. And I mean nothing. Permanency is an illusion, and one that gives a false sense of security. Its how all of this started in the first place squirt. Now come on, lets go stir up some trouble. Ain't no reason to let them blue bottoms relax round these parts.” Tighning the straps on his pack, he walks out of the warehouse at a brisk pace, not even looking back to see if Tew was following him.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-11, 02:57 PM
Jacob decides to follow the Raylow mostly out of curiosity. There was something really intriguing about the man and he still wanted to know what he had in mind to stir up some trouble on the pirates. "This might be fun." Jacob contemplates at the idea of messing with them with a smile.

Codemus
2012-09-11, 07:34 PM
After wandering the city for a short time, he picks a bar that he figured the pirates would frequent. Facing Tew, he jerked his thumb back at the bar. “Alright, here is the plan. You hide around the back of the place, and when I lead them over, you jump out and club them over the head. I reckon we do this enough times we can clear the whole lot out! HAHAHA!! WE’LL BE HEROES!”

He winked at Tew and held up a single finger. “But the best part? Ladies love heroes! Mmmmm… I think I’ll first have a gaggle of ‘em feed me grapes. Ooo, then we could have a wet t-shirt contest! HaHA! I could even hold my very own beauty pageant! With me as the judge of course.”

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-11, 09:39 PM
Jacob trembled in fear as he imagined Raylow´s fantasy with him being covered in women and scared. He put the though away as he focused back on the initial plan. "Wouldnt it be better to capture the captain and force him to tell his lackeys leave? Just to avoid any unnecessary risks with the crew and at the same time solving the problem in even less time. I even know someone who could help us take down the captain. " Jacob questioned.

Jacior
2012-09-11, 10:13 PM
Lann stands awkwardly to the side, not knowing what to do. He takes the metal thing out of the crate that Richard opened and looked at it more closely. He shakes it too. "What do you think is in this thing?"

Astro_sol
2012-09-11, 10:16 PM
Lann stands awkwardly to the side, not knowing what to do. He takes the metal thing out of the crate that Richard opened and looked at it more closely. He shakes it too. "What do you think is in this thing?"

"Whatever it is, like I said. Diiiiiiiiiiibs."

Codemus
2012-09-12, 08:49 PM
Raylow crossed his arms. " The captain? Nah, that wouldn't work. We start messing with the captain and the rest will be baying for blood. Well actually..." He started searching for his comb, but couldn't seem to find it, completely missing that it was still in his beard. "Blast! Where'd the sassafrasn thing get off to. Eh, whatever. The captain eh? Hmmm... We could just beat him up instead. Seeing that would be a huge Morale loss for them blue bottoms. Besides, kidnaping and hostages are for villans. We are heroes!"

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-12, 09:38 PM
Jacob sighed in disbelief at the old man´s antics. Was this an act or was it the man´s true self? He wondered. "Well, then. I´ll go find my friend I told you about earlier. Why dont you go find any other possible assistance in the meantime? There is bound to be people out there who have the courage to face the pirates. And then, lets meet all together at the dock to put the plan in action." Jacob suggested.

Codemus
2012-09-12, 10:46 PM
Rubbing his chin, he dislodged his comb. Oh, there it is. Yeah, lets do that. Its a good idea." Bending down he picked up his comb and started to groom his beard again. "See you at the dock squirt." Turning around, Raylow walked into the bar.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-13, 09:19 AM
Jacob decides to go and wait at Doctor´s Hedges place for Richard. He had eventually show up there. "Well, see you later, sir. And good look in your search." Jacob opened his eyes and noticed he had left him speaking alone. Jacob lowered his face feeling ashamed for not noticing. He then started to walk to his planned destination.

asdf7389
2012-09-13, 10:08 AM
Shu started walking down another alley. Over hearing what the others had to say, he couldn't help but start thinking. He suddenly remembered that he was expected back at the bar/restaurant soon or else his father would be furious. Letting out a long sigh, Shu darted towards his family's business.