PDA

View Full Version : The Prettiest (3.5 prc)

sirpercival
2012-09-08, 09:10 AM
THE PRETTIEST

"Day Six:

Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest."

--Legolas, son of Weenus

You are determined to become the prettiest member of your party, no matter what the cost!

BECOMING THE PRETTIEST
Any character dedicated enough to their cause can become the prettiest. It's not easy, though...

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Race: Any other than elf.
Special: Must own both boots of elvenkind and cloak of elvenkind.

Class Skills
The Prettiest's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), and Use Magic Device (Cha).
Skills Points at Each Level: 2 + Int

Hit Dice: d8

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spellcasting

1st|
+0|
+0|
+2|
+0|Naturally slender, violet eyes|—

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+3|
+0|Defense of the ego|+1 level of Wizard

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+3|
+1|Near the mirror|—

4th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+1|Light as air|+1 level of Wizard

5th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+1|Definitely the prettiest|—[/table]

Weapon Proficiencies: The Prettiest is proficient with all simple weapons, as well as the longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow). The Prettiest is also proficient with light armor. The Prettiest loses these proficiencies whenever he is not wearing both boots of elvenkind and cloak of elvenkind.

Naturally slender (Ex): The Prettiest is extra graceful, and takes excellent care of his skin, making sure it is delicate and soft as satin. As long as The Prettiest is wearing both boots of elvenkind and cloak of elvenkind, he increases his Dexterity by 1 point and decreases his Constitution by 1 point.

Violet eyes (Ex): As long as The Prettiest is wearing both boots of elvenkind and cloak of elvenkind, he gains low-light vision, if he didn't have it already, silly man.

Spellcasting: At 2nd and 4th level, The Prettiest gains new spells known and per day as if he had also gained a level in Wizard. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained, except for an increased effective level of spellcasting. Whenever The Prettiest is not wearing both boots of elvenkind and cloak of elvenkind, he loses the benefit of these levels.

Defense of the ego (Ex): At 2nd level, The Prettiest knows exactly who and what he is: The Prettiest. As long as The Prettiest is wearing both boots of elvenkind and cloak of elvenkind, he is immune to magic sleep effects, and gains a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.

Near the mirror (Ex): When The Prettiest reaches 3rd level, he spends so much time at the mirror that he gains extra awareness. As long as The Prettiest is wearing both boots of elvenkind and cloak of elvenkind, he gains a +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks, and whenever he merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door, he is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if he were actively looking for it.

Light as air (Ex): At 4th level, The Prettiest's bone structure improves, becoming finer and more delicate. As long as The Prettiest is wearing both boots of elvenkind and cloak of elvenkind, he increases his Dexterity by an additional 1 point and decreases his Constitution by an additional 1 point.

Definitely the prettiest (Ex): Upon reaching 5th level, The Prettiest is undeniably prettier than anything ever ever. Whenever The Prettiest is wearing both boots of elvenkind and cloak of elvenkind, his race changes to elf (though he keeps his previous racial traits). He counts as an elf for all purposes except for qualifying for this prestige class.

PLAYING THE PRETTIEST
It's damn hard, being so pretty, but somehow you manage it.
Combat: You will probably spend your time nancing about and shooting things with your beautiful stick. I mean bow.
Advancement: Having reached the height of prettiness, there's not much further to go... but you'll try, won't you? For me?
Resources: Everyone is always trying to get in The Prettiest's good graces. Take advantage of that as much as possible.

THE PRETTIEST IN THE WORLD
"Legolas may be hotter than me. I wonder if he would like me if I was King?"

--Aragorn, son of Arathorn

Why yes indeed, you are The Prettiest In The World.
Daily Life: There will likely be primping.
Notables: As The Prettiest, you will be following in the footsteps of Legolas son of Weenus, The Prettiest of All Time (at least until you take all the levels in this class).
Organizations: You will be offered lucrative endorsement deals to be the mascot for any number of organizations.

NPC Reaction
NPCs are amazed and sometimes insulted by how pretty you are.

THE PRETTIEST IN THE GAME
You are definitely also The Prettiest In The Game. Other characters may resent this.
Adaptation: The Prettiest is excellent at causing campaigns to adapt around him, so that NPCs can shower him with affection and admiration.
Encounters: Look out if you encounter The Prettiest. He will make you feel jealous of his prettiness, most certainly.

LordErebus12
2012-09-08, 09:32 AM
really? really?

sirpercival
2012-09-08, 09:36 AM
really? really?

Oh my, yes.

Steward
2012-09-08, 11:43 PM
Cute concept (ha!) It's like taking the stereotypical graceful, "imperially slim" type and codifying it into a prestige class.

Violet eyes (Ex): As long as The Prettiest is wearing both boots of elvenkind and cloak of elvenkind, he gains low-light vision, if he didn't have it already, silly man.

I think you should beef this up a bit. The effect is nice, but so many Core races have either low-light vision or the somewhat similar darkvision. Maybe you could give them some kind of bonus to Search or Spot checks or initiative or something just to give those guys something worthwhile with this feature.

Weapon Proficiencies: The Prettiest is proficient with all simple weapons, as well as the longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow). The Prettiest is also proficient with light armor. The Prettiest loses these proficiencies whenever he is not wearing both boots of elvenkind and cloak of elvenkind.

Wait, even if he already had them from his base class?

I'm not sure Constitution for Dexterity is a safe trade...

sirpercival
2012-09-09, 05:26 AM
Cute concept (ha!) It's like taking the stereotypical graceful, "imperially slim" type and codifying it into a prestige class.

I think you should beef this up a bit. The effect is nice, but so many Core races have either low-light vision or the somewhat similar darkvision. Maybe you could give them some kind of bonus to Search or Spot checks or initiative or something just to give those guys something worthwhile with this feature.

Wait, even if he already had them from his base class?

I'm not sure Constitution for Dexterity is a safe trade...

Lol. I would like you to read the class abilities, especially the capstone, then go look at this (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/races.htm#elves). Probably best to do so while drunk.

Roderick_BR
2012-09-10, 09:16 AM
Like a mockup of those "turn into other race" classes? lol!
Just a point, those usually takes only 3 levels, not 5, but still nice and funny.
It kinda imagine an elf and a dwarf trading stereotypes with this (the dwarf one is in the Races of Stone.)

Amechra
2012-09-16, 02:10 AM
Dwarf taking this is win.

Acanous
2012-09-16, 05:30 AM
I'm surprised at the leves of Wizard casting. Shouldn't it be Sorceror for the Charisma Synergy, or Ranger for Legolas?

Also, as written, capstone invalidates the prestige class. You can't be an elf and be in this PrC, and with the capstone you count as an elf for everything.

Finally, it would be awesome if you threw in "Creatures who already posess darkvision gain the benefit of True Seing, but only for creatures within 60 feet with a lower charisma score. They are unable to hide from such a pretty creature, and instead bask in your prettiness."

sirpercival
2012-09-16, 06:25 AM
Dwarf taking this is win.

In what universe? Actually, that universe probably already imploded from paradox.

sirpercival
2012-09-16, 06:26 AM
I'm surprised at the leves of Wizard casting. Shouldn't it be Sorceror for the Charisma Synergy, or Ranger for Legolas? Wizard because favored class: wizard.

Also, as written, capstone invalidates the prestige class. You can't be an elf and be in this PrC, and with the capstone you count as an elf for everything. Good point, I'll clarify.

Finally, it would be awesome if you threw in "Creatures who already posess darkvision gain the benefit of True Seing, but only for creatures within 60 feet with a lower charisma score. They are unable to hide from such a pretty creature, and instead bask in your prettiness." Hmm... I think the Prettiest would be more likely to ignore those less pretty...

Der_DWSage
2012-09-16, 11:13 PM
....Aaaaaaand now I want to make an Orc with this class.

Not a Half-Orc. A full-blooded Orc. So he can be just as prissy as the Elf, and perhaps even prove he's better at prissy than the Elf.

Jane_Smith
2012-09-16, 11:50 PM
Guys, guys, there is already a prettiest dwarf. He has +5 charming chesthair; behold -

http://diehardgamefan.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/varric1.png

Varric. Sexiest dwarf alive.

One could say the prettiest dwarf is the direct opposite of the other prestige class on here, the bearded dwarf. @_@ The ANTI-BEARD!