PDA

View Full Version : A few questions on Warforged

Ryu_Bonkosi
2012-09-08, 09:14 AM
Going back and looking at the Warforged race they are Constructs with the Living Construct Subtype. The Living Construct subtype details the differences between the two, but what is doesn't mention is the Immunity to Fortitude saves that Constructs have and the Bonus HP that normal Constructs have. Does this mean that a Warforged should be Immune to Fortitude saves (except for effects that work on objects or are harmless) and gain 20 hp due to its medium size or am I missing something?

Also are Warforged able to use the Construct Grafts detailed in Faiths of Eberron? I don't see anything that says they can't, but I also noticed that the donors for all the parts are Warforged, so does that count them out?

Thanks in advance.

Kuulvheysoon
2012-09-08, 09:26 AM
The Living Construct subtype actually covers your first two questions.

In Races of Eberron (considered the Primary Source for Warforged), it doesn't specify as clearly as the MM3.

Looking in MM3, page 215, it states that they do not receive bonus hit points based on size (first paragraph under traits) and that they are subject to critical hits, effects requiring a Fortitude save, death from massive damage, nonlethal damage, stunning, ability damage, ability drain, and death effects/necromancy effects.

As for you third question, I see no reason why Warforged cannot receive Construct Grafts. Even from a fluff perspective, it makes sense. IT's just upgrading your parts.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2012-09-08, 06:34 PM
You think they would add that in the description of Living Subtype that they give in the updated version but no. :smallsigh:

Thanks for the answers.