PDA

View Full Version : Need a charitable deity, one who likes storms or has something to do with sorrow

felinoel
2012-09-08, 12:21 PM
I need a deity... someone who is big on charity and if they also have something or other to do with sorrow and/or storms, that would be great.

hamishspence
2012-09-08, 12:28 PM
Ilmater in Faerun might fit- charity, "suffering" (he's called the Crying God).

Not storms though. Storm deities are rarely that Good.

God Imperror
2012-09-08, 12:56 PM
Focalor the prince of tears? Tome of magic page 31 :smalltongue:

ThatKreacher
2012-09-08, 01:00 PM
I'll second Focalor! Just ask your DM if you need to worship him. Or claim to worship Focalor. Why do you need a deity?

felinoel
2012-09-08, 02:48 PM
I'll second Focalor! Just ask your DM if you need to worship him. Or claim to worship Focalor. Why do you need a deity?I am the DM, I want to have a fun divine intervention thing because one player choose storms and suffering instead of a deity.

ThiagoMartell
2012-09-08, 02:57 PM
I think your best bet is to create that deity yourself.

felinoel
2012-09-08, 03:37 PM
I think your best bet is to create that deity yourself.Meh... idk, kinda boring.

Psyren
2012-09-08, 03:58 PM
I'd use Focalor and slap him with some domains. Perhaps he was somehow able to usurp an existing deity's position, or another deity made him their exarch. Perhaps a powerful figure tried to bind him and they ended up fusing, with the resulting being achieving divine status. Or perhaps he's a dead/forgotten deity, his portfolios usurped by a more mainstream one like Umberlee, and his power has waned enough to make him a vestige but he can still grant spells. (There is precedent for this, e.g. Tenebrous and Amon, aka Amaunator, can both grant spells to worshipers despite being vestiges.)

The point is that his fluff fits your player's request to a tee.

felinoel
2012-09-08, 05:42 PM
The point is that his fluff fits your player's request to a tee.This is definitely no problem, since Focalor is a vestige and the player is a binder.

... xD