PDA

View Full Version : The can of Wyrms

toapat
2012-09-08, 06:35 PM
Since i found the topic Roland locked today about usage of the Splatbook "Book of Erotic Fantasy", hereby to be named the Book that Shouldnt Exist (BSE), i have had this question nagging at me:

Besides ENpublishing's Chainmail Bikini and BSE, are there any other supplements to DnD that cover this sort of material? preferably the second one's content, but the first one's maturity with the material (IE, understanding the joke, and only taking itself seriously enough to deliver the content, not enough to actually make it pseudo-minderape)

Urpriest
2012-09-09, 08:58 AM
I don't know whether it fits your other criteria, but there's a book out there called Nymphology.

Siegel
2012-09-09, 09:50 AM
For a moment i thought there was a magic item called the "Can of Wyrms" it would be awesome!

Douglas
2012-09-09, 10:05 AM
For a moment i thought there was a magic item called the "Can of Wyrms" it would be awesome!
It would also be ludicrously powerful and expensive. A magic item that can summon multiple Wyrm or Great Wyrm dragons? Even a single use of that would be insane.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-09-09, 10:36 AM
1/day item of Greater Dragon Ally?

RandomLunatic
2012-09-09, 10:43 AM
It would also be ludicrously powerful and expensive. A magic item that can summon multiple Wyrm or Great Wyrm dragons? Even a single use of that would be insane.

That would not be a "Can of Wyrns", that would be a "Can o' Whup***" that you do not want opened on you.:smallbiggrin:

toapat
2012-09-09, 12:09 PM

Manditory killer joke itemCan of Wyrms

This small corrugated canister contains a little pull tab labled Lift and Pull, as well as a paper label that has a stylized phrase: Dragonstorm, For the Hero in YOU!

When opened, Great Wyrm dragons as decided by table 1-1 Fly out and occupy the nearest square they can.

(Table Rules: 1-94, 2 consecutive numbers each, each dragon in the Races of the Dragon book table in order as under table Dragonic Heritage, Dragonwrought, and Dragonic Legacy, as well as the Time Dragon. Reroll twice for any result from 95-99)

And the Epic Version:

Can of Time Wyrms

This Platnium cannister radiats pure time power

When opened, 10d% Great Wyrm time dragons appear in the nearest available spaces to you.

in other news: back on topic?

GeriSch
2012-09-10, 04:51 AM
I don't know whether it fits your other criteria, but there's a book out there called Nymphology.

I think you mean "Encylopedia Arcane: Nymphology" from Mongoose Publishing, it has some hilarious content and isnt to be taken serious. Personally i never used rules out of it, but it planted some really weird ideas in my mind and i got some good laughs out of it.

gr,
Geri

Morph Bark
2012-09-10, 09:33 AM
That would not be a "Can of Wyrns", that would be a "Can o' Whup***" that you do not want opened on you.:smallbiggrin:

I once had a character who created some items, among them "the Can of Whoop-Ass", which he later managed to produce in significant quantities. They were fun to use.

Also, The Bride of the Portable Hole.

Dimers
2012-09-11, 11:41 AM
I've heard of the book Naughty and Dice. From the reviews I've read, it's a good exploration of sexuality in RPGs. Not D&D specific, though. If you're good at homebrewing, or if you don't care about the crunch anyway, you're likely to find it all-around superior to the "BSE".

Rockphed
2012-09-11, 02:54 PM

Obviously it is an artifact that contains the souls of the dragons that fought the Gods at the beginning of time. If they are released, they will try to remake the world in their image.

For reference, the dragons currently extant are but mere shadows of the wyrms that will pour forth from the can.