PDA

View Full Version : Amphibius Tressym

Annos
2012-09-08, 07:39 PM
I'm making an amphibius(stormwrack) Tressym(Lost empires) and have 4 class levels to burn, but don't know which class('s) to choose. Tiny size rules out Matrial, and no aposable thumbs makes for an arcane spell falure chance of 100%, and their are already too many druids in the party. my two highest Ability scores are CHA and DEX both 20 and WIS and INT both 17. THEIR ARE TOO MANY/FEW CHOICES!

Annos
2012-09-08, 07:40 PM
he also worships Asgorath... just puttin it out their...

Annos
2012-09-08, 07:43 PM
also thinking of dungeon bred template, make a tiny thing, even smaller

Annos
2012-09-08, 07:47 PM
Diminuative Sorcerrer of DEATH:smalltongue:

Jeff the Green
2012-09-08, 08:51 PM
Dude, there's such a thing as an edit button.

Alas, dungeonbred can only be applied to large or larger. Also be aware that while LA +0, Tressym are also listed as cohort only, so without particular DM permission, they can't be PCs.

That out of the way, psionics could be a good choice. No spell components means no ASF. There's also the Surrogate Spellcasting feat from Savage species that replaces verbal and somatic components with things any race can do.

Another option is Unarmed Sworsage. Wisdom to AC, grab Shadow Blade for dexterity to damage, and be a ninja cat.

ThatKreacher
2012-09-08, 09:01 PM
Maybe binder? Supernatural abilities don't require somatic components, and if you bound focalor, you could call lightning bolts down underwater. Any reason why you need to be amphibious? Because, do note that focalor grants water breathing too.

Annos
2012-09-08, 09:07 PM
thx, and I was lazy. the amphibios thing (and i added a savage progression level of half dragon) is because of backstory (which was ruined do to no dungeon bred "sigh") and because of the shere awesomeness:smallbiggrin:

I decided to go with a level 3 mindblade, level 1 savage progression half dragon. who is going to become a pyroknetic

Togath
2012-09-09, 05:06 AM
thx, and I was lazy. the amphibios thing (and i added a savage progression level of half dragon) is because of backstory (which was ruined do to no dungeon bred "sigh") and because of the shere awesomeness:smallbiggrin:

I decided to go with a level 3 mindblade, level 1 savage progression half dragon. who is going to become a pyroknetic

what is a mindblade?, also, dont go with half dragon, it's a weak template, the dragonborn or draconic templates are better templates, and dragon shaman(a fairly weak, but still better then half dragon class), and dragonfire adept are better class choices then half dragon.

Jeff the Green
2012-09-09, 06:04 AM
Do you mean soulknife into pyrokineticist? If so, I beg you to reconsider.

First, a tressym can't wield weapons, since it, as you pointed out, has no opposable thumbs, and both soulknife and pyrokineticist rely on weapons. Unconventional weapons, to be sure, but still weapons.. Second, soulknife is so bad as to be almost useless. Third, There's absolutely no synergy between the savage progression and the other two classes. For that matter, there isn't much synergy between soulknife and pyrokineticist; you might as well go fighter instead and take Hidden Talent as a feat. Fourth, you have a -8 racial penalty to strength. Don't take a class that relies on Strength for attack and damage.

If you really want to be a flying cat pyrokineticist, try something like Dragonborn Catfolk Barbarian 5/Pyrokineticist 10/Barbarian +5. If you want to be a tressym that breathes fire, be a Dragonfire adept.

Randomguy
2012-09-09, 08:23 AM
You could try playing a giantslayer. There are all sorts of builds that use feats and abilities to focus on killing things bigger than you are. (I'd link to a handbook, but I can't find any). Most of them involve swordsage maneuvers or sneak attack.

Darrin
2012-09-09, 09:02 AM
Diminuative Sorcerrer of DEATH:smalltongue:

Warlock. Your smaller size and high Dex means you rock the house with ranged touch attacks.

Either that or Dragonfire Adept: never have to make an attack roll again.

eggs
2012-09-09, 12:07 PM
The tressym's the weird exception to the "Int>2 means it's not an animal" rule, isn't it?

If it is, I'd say Druid or Spirit Shaman. Milk those animal buffs for all they're worth.

This is one of the few cases your Druid turn into a Lion with a companion who is a lion and summons who are lions, cast Animal Growth, and spring all of them (your character included) into Huge size with all its crazy +number benefits.

Jeff the Green
2012-09-09, 05:58 PM
Pretty sure LEoF updated it to magical beast.

eggs
2012-09-09, 06:31 PM
Dang. Less fun.

That cuts out the addition I wanted to make in the Lycanthropes thread too, then.

In that case, I think the idea of a Fleshgrafter/Alienist Tressym is also amusing.

Annos
2012-09-10, 06:38 PM
Thanks for your suggestions, I would've picked DFA... but the Invocations require the somatic component. Druid would work... but their are already 4+ Druids in the party. Warlock again somatic component.Hands of man are over priced, I mean really, 47,000 dollars? Really? Cleric is a possability, because he worshops the Draconic God of Creation, he would take the Dragon and _____ Domains. I chose the Half dragon template for the ability bonus's and for the breath weapon. Man it's hard to play with a charecter with 1d2 claws, 1d3 with feats.

Annos
2012-09-10, 06:54 PM
Surrogate Spellcasting Duh! Dragonfire Adept it is.:smallamused: