PDA

View Full Version : Insight of the Gods...

Ranting Fool
2012-09-09, 02:57 PM
My Gogglefue has failed me so sorry if this has come up before.

Thoughts and feelings for the spell Divine Insight?

Main questions that have come up in my group about it.
"When activating is it still+silent? As it has verbal components but that must be for when you first cast it or it wouldn't work with Bluff or Sneaking" (Que Order of Pointy Stick Joke)
"How long does it "Last" its an immediate action but can it be used in crafting (since you make one check for a day or more work) what about diplomacy as that takes a few minuets to do well?"
"Do I get to use it when rolling random spot checks to avoid ambushes? Does it have to be a skill I actively use?"

Edit: For those of you who don't know Divine Insight is a spell that buffs 5+level (max +10) (so 15max) to any skill check that happens while the buff is on as an immediate action.

Ernir
2012-09-09, 03:15 PM
You must only supply the spell's components when casting the spell, not when discharging it.

It doesn't "last" after it is discharged. It modifies the check in question, regardless of how long that check takes to execute. The only time when it doesn't "last" long enough to complete a task would be when multiple checks are required to complete the task, as it only modifies one roll.

You have to be capable of using immediate actions to discharge the spell, which you wouldn't be able to do if caught flat-footed at the start of a combat. Whether it applies to "passive" spot checks and whatever else your DM may roll for you has to be decided by you and your DM.