PDA

View Full Version : Dm needs help.

Duboris
2012-09-09, 06:25 PM
So, I'm basically working on a large sort of Monastary/Prison complex and there's 2 prisons. The Rogues in my campaign will have to successfully sneak into both of them, but even if they do that, they'll have to kill the "Guardian" for those prisons.

Prison 1 got a Chimera (Which rolled max health. 126)

Prison 2, I want something different, but can't for the life of me find anything that could potentially answer to a level 20 Evil spell caster.

Keep in mind the creature needs to be Cr 6-9 (And if its a 6, there needs to be 2.)

Any suggestions?

Gerrtt
2012-09-09, 06:45 PM
The 10-headed variety would be fun. Unless you wanted it to breath fire/cold, then go with the 9-headed. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/hydra.htm)

Duboris
2012-09-09, 07:06 PM
There's only going to be a total of 3 people that go after these things and open the doors. So it'll be 2 Pc rogues fighting this thing. Neither of whom know what a hydra is.

Its perfect.

There's another thing I kind of wanted to patrol this area that's a CR9

I'm in the middle of constructing a Suit of Armor bound to a soul that constantly patrols the monastary and prisons that, when dropped below 1 hit points, simply falls to the ground and re-animates in 300 rounds at full health.

It also has the nasty habit of aiming for limbs. He's not meant to be fought, rather to have the environment used against him to keep his chase held back.

Also Immune to magic (Construct)