PDA

View Full Version : help please...

THE tank
2012-09-09, 09:09 PM
i'm making a character based off of kaz the minotaur (dragonlance heroes II vol. one), but i can't figure out how to make the horse work...
i need it to be more intellegent than a normal horse and for it to be a huge size category warhorse. i'm using the knight from the PHII for it.
i am also in need of how to make honor's face (a double-edged battleaxe that only reflects the face of honorable people{i'm thinking maybe a +2 sense motive against bluff checks}, apparently overcomes hardness/damage reduction, when kaz doesn't have said axe, all he has to do is focus on it and it teleports itself back into his hands, repairs itself over time, and there might be more, but it's been so long since i read that book{i'm not actually attached to all of those things, but i would like a price for as many of them as possible, and see where i go from there})
thanks in advance:smallsmile:

Kuulvheysoon
2012-09-09, 10:07 PM
Alright, let's see what we can do here...

i'm making a character based off of kaz the minotaur (dragonlance heroes II vol. one), but i can't figure out how to make the horse work...
i need it to be more intellegent than a normal horse and for it to be a huge size category warhorse. i'm using the knight from the PHII for it.

One thing at a time, here.

Magebred, a template from the Eberron Campaign Setting, can be applied to any animal. It's basically just an improvement in every way, as well as making them easier to train (and having a higher maximum trick point). As for the intelligence... A horse already has an Int of 2. And they have a head. So they have a head slot. With a Headband of Intellect +2, they have Int 4. Int 3 is the boundary of sentience. Of course, then you don't NEED the template, but it's useful in other ways.

You can actually use a normal sized horse, because in the Dragonlance Campaign Setting, it presents the Krynn(ian?) Minotaur as a LA0 Medium race.

i am also in need of how to make honor's face (a double-edged battleaxe that only reflects the face of honorable people{i'm thinking maybe a +2 sense motive against bluff checks}, apparently overcomes hardness/damage reduction, when kaz doesn't have said axe, all he has to do is focus on it and it teleports itself back into his hands, repairs itself over time

Sounds like you want a greataxe, not a battleaxe. Doesn't Kaz use it in both hands? Regardless of the base weapon, for the honorable bit, maybe some sort of detect law effect? Lawful creatures are usually considered the honorable ones, alignment-wise. As for overcoming DR, check out the Shadowstriking enchantment (Tome of Magic), a +3 weapon property, and an adamantine (DMG) weapon will automatically overcome any hardness less than 20 (in other words, most materials). A lesser Crystal of Return (Magic Item Compendium) will let you freely draw the weapon and allow you to call it to your hand from 30 feet away for the low price of 1000gp. I've got no idea for the repairing property, however.

and there might be more, but it's been so long since i read that book{i'm not actually attached to all of those things, but i would like a price for as many of them as possible, and see where i go from there})
thanks in advance:smallsmile:

So, the weapon I described would be a grand total of 36 000gp (plus the price of the base weapon). 32000 for a +4 weapon (a +1 Shadowstriking), 3000 for adamantine, and 1000 for the weapon crystal.

Hope I helped.

Vizzerdrix
2012-09-10, 01:15 AM
I could have sworn that I'd seen a metal that heals itself over time. :smallconfused:

Medic!
2012-09-10, 01:21 AM
Cuendillar(sp?)

Aurorum from BoED can be repaired by holding pieces of it together.

EDIT: I just got swordsaged in reverse...this might be a GitP first!

Igneel
2012-09-10, 01:23 AM
For healing metals, I can only think of two (afbs sadly), one in Magic of Faerun which healed I think 1HP/hour (might take longer), and the special material from Book of Exalted Deeds that had an ability that if it gets destroyed all you need is all the pieces and it puts itself back together again.

THE tank
2012-09-10, 01:56 AM
thank you Kuulvheysoon, but i'm pretty sure i've seen a repairing property somewhere, i just can't remember where. also, could you recommend a good place to download the tome of magic? i don't have it, and i'm just about broke... :(
thank you igneel for that metal, but i need a mixture of the aurorum (which medic! mentioned by name) and adamantine
also, medic!, thank you for that wheel of time reference, i needed that (my favorite series, it is, followed closely by the heir trilogy)

Kuulvheysoon
2012-09-10, 08:18 AM
thank you Kuulvheysoon, but i'm pretty sure i've seen a repairing property somewhere, i just can't remember where. also, could you recommend a good place to download the tome of magic? i don't have it, and i'm just about broke... :(
thank you igneel for that metal, but i need a mixture of the aurorum (which medic! mentioned by name) and adamantine
also, medic!, thank you for that wheel of time reference, i needed that (my favorite series, it is, followed closely by the heir trilogy)

Not a problem. While legally, I cannot tell you where to obtain a copy of the Tome of Magic, Google is always available and willing to help.

Unfortunately, you cannot alloy Aurorum and Adamantine. What you could do, however, is grab the Metalline property (Also Underdark, +2 bonus) on an Aurorum weapon. Change the metal to adamantine, but if your axe breaks, it loses the properties.... and becomes aurorum. Gather the pieces, it'll fuse back together and voila.

You have your weapon back.