PDA

View Full Version : The Return Of Team Galactic (IC)

Roamer
2012-09-10, 07:17 AM
"Pandemonium in the streets of Sunyshore. This is Hill Lurchens, bring you the latest news. Recently, there was a prison break in the Sunyshore prison, and the three Galactic admins within have mysteriously vanished. More details at 11."

What happened to lead up to this, you might ask? Well, let's rewind the time, about nine hours back, to early morning in the Sinnoh region. The sun starts to peek out from beyond the sea, as people get up and about to start their duties. Meanwhile, as the rest of the world wakes...nearby, in an undisclosed location, plans have started to take shape:

Grunt: "You wished to see me, sir?"

???: "Took you long enough! Now, put this on.." The Grunt was tossed a deliveryman outfit "...and deliver the pamphlets to Twinleaf Town! Go, GO!"

The Grunt jumps some, and rushes out of the chamber, nearly slamming the door behind him.

???: "Perfect. Soon...Team Galactic will be reformed...and our plans can pick up where they were left off for three long years..." Laughter echos in the spacious chamber, but that's not the focus of our story for now:

Twinleaf Town, a small community of about fourteen. Mail comes early today, in the form of thick pamphlets smacking against the doors of the residents...including the four trainers that just moved to Twinleaf. The pamphlets are written in a flowing, steady hand, in cursive:

"Looking for excitement? Looking for new life choices? Then come on down to Sunyshore, to [An address is written here, partially smudged out by fingerprints, but the numbers 1305 and some words that vaguely spell out walkway ave can be made out] to join the newest corporation that's sweeping the Sinnoh region! Drop in for more information..we'll be glad to have you!"

The rest is just pointless filler, talking about travel opportunities, workplace conditions and the like, to appeal to even non-trainers. Most of the people in town just throw them out, not overly interested..but who knows? Could actually turn out to be something exciting!

On the bottom of the pamphlet, it says that interested applicants should report to the above address no later then 10 am. Transportation will be provided.

planswalker
2012-09-10, 07:32 AM
Brook reads the pamphlets with only passing interest. He turns to his companions and asks, "What do you guys think? Is it even worth going?"

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-10, 12:53 PM
Marcus looks at the pamphlet as he leaves the ruins with his newly formed Prime Unown, he had just pressed a T unown into his S unown, it'd be a good boost to it's endurance, esspecially since he'd made a deal with a Steel Ace to get it synced. Now it looked like a floating metal statue, the process of pressing making it look less like two combined unown, and more like a solid figure, a combined side effect of turning it into a steel type and pressing it.

Striker wasn't the only one out of his pokeball, Aria, his Audino walked beside him, while Guide, his litwick, led the way back, his memory perfect when it came to directions, "Guide, we're going into town first, then we're going to head to Sunyshore," he was intrigued, enough to at least check it out. The little candle pokemon changes direction slightly, leading the entire group into town.

He sees some of his peers as he walks through, ones he was familiar with, but, he was never close to anyone in town. He kept to himself, if they came over to him, he'd talk to them, but he wasn't going to enter the conversation, though he was kinda hard to miss with a floating metal pokemon, a pink humanoid pokemon, and a floating candle with a purple flame following him.

Major
2012-09-10, 02:45 PM
Loud music blasting in her ears, Ovelia hadn't heard anything the man with the pamphlets had said. However she looked down and read them with a sigh. More advertisement... She thought as she started to crumble it up. But something seemed to stop her. She looked at the letter and focused on it as music continued drowning out all the many voices around her.

What if they could help? What if this organization would help her get enough power to gain control over out-of-control aura?

No...nothing says it will. Stop having wishful thinking. Gym badges, stronger pokemon, all that will help. She argues with herself.

But they gave travel opportunities and more. Perhaps it would help her get around and strengthen herself?

It wouldn't hurt to get more information...even if it doesn't pay off I'd get transportation out of here.

With those thoughts in mind, Ovelia walked over to the few people she knew and slightly turned down the music and forced her mind to focus solely on their lips and drown out any surface thoughts.

"Anyone else interested in checking this out? Free transportation out of here and who knows what else? Very least wouldn't hurt to look into it." She says softly.

planswalker
2012-09-10, 03:12 PM
"If you're interested, I'm willing to check it out. Don't personally see what's so great about it, but who knows?"

Major
2012-09-10, 03:32 PM
"Let's us travel around thus makes it easier and cheaper for us to be able to do whatever we want." Ovelia says softly, "And listening to information wouldn't hurt...right...I mean it might help..."

Roamer
2012-09-10, 03:58 PM
As you three talk, a small gathering of people are standing at a nearby bus stop. They seem to be impatient, waiting for something: "Where is that bus?!" comes the voice of an older man, possibly in his early thirties, tapping his foot repeatedly. "We're going to be late if we don't hurry...the 5:15 to Sunyshore should've been here thirty minutes ago!" You then notice a few other trainers are checking their pokegear as well, expressing their discontent at the late bus.

Checking your watch/pokegear/etc would reveal that it's 7:00 am...still plenty of time to get to Sunyshore, but the bus not showing up is a bit...off. You remember it being always on time or early.

Major
2012-09-10, 04:20 PM
"stoptalking..." Ovelia mumbles quietly hearing the people at the bus stop and trying to drown out the voices as she turns the volume back up. Her eyes looked bloodshot and it was clear she hadn't slept well again last night.

With a deep breath she looks at her friends, "Do you think maybe it's some kinda test or something happened to the bus?" She ask, "How long a walk is it?"

planswalker
2012-09-10, 04:31 PM
"Don't know, but I suspect it's more than a three hour trip on foot."

Major
2012-09-10, 04:33 PM
"Yeah...I guess..." She says with a nod trying to think with her tired brain. "Do we have any pokemon that could get us all there? Or maybe a flying one to scout out for where it is?"

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-10, 04:38 PM
"Guide, could you fly up and look for the bus? It should be close by at the very least," Marcus says, letting part of his spirit bind to the litwick, which then floats up and does as asked.

planswalker
2012-09-10, 04:43 PM
Brook pulls a shiny stone out of his pocket. "Well, I could evolve Ganymede into a form that could carry me. Thing is, I'd really rather not do so yet. I just have this feeling that she'd be missing out on her full potential if she did."

Major
2012-09-10, 04:46 PM
"That's fine, Marcus seems to have got it." Ovelia says rubbing her temple softly as she waits for the results.

planswalker
2012-09-10, 04:48 PM
"Indeed. Though I think we both look forward to the day when she will grow into her full power. It will be beautiful."

Major
2012-09-10, 04:51 PM
"Right. Grow into full power...beautiful." Ovelia nodded barely paying attention. She reached into her bag and pulled out a small container and opened it before dumping two pills in her hands.

Roamer
2012-09-10, 05:38 PM
The Litwik hovers up higher into the sky, over the top of the trees and the Litwik looks back down:

"Litwik!("It looks to be about an six or so hour walk from here.)" The Litwik hovers back down to the ground as a loud roar comes from the north as an unmarked bus comes speeding in and coming to a screeching halt at the bus stop, the town of Sunyshore displayed on a small marquis band in the upper window.

Major
2012-09-10, 06:25 PM
"Well, doesn't matter...bus is finally here." Ovelia says with a shrug before waiting. She wanted to be the last one on the bus so that she wouldn't have people shoving and pushing past her while she was crammed inside.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-10, 06:30 PM
"...I meant the bus," Marcus whispers to himself, "come on, we're heading out," he says before getting onto the bus, taking a seat in the back with Aria taking a seat next to him, Guide floating above him, and Striker in his lap.

Roamer
2012-09-10, 06:37 PM
As Marcus sits down in the bus, the Litwik swivels it's body so that it's eyes are pointed at his Trainer: "Litwik?(Oh..you meant the bus? Well, I couldn't see it, and I didn't want to come down without some sort of answer..so, I took the liberty to take a guess at how long it'd take to walk to Sunyshore...sorry Marcus.")"

Soon, the group at the bus stop climbs in...the bus itself being pretty crowded except for a few seats at the very front...the bus driver being protected by a box made of shatterproof glass, a door being seen on one side. "Next stop...Sunyshore.." He says, with an air of indifference to his voice as he slammed the doors of the bus shut, and slammed on the gas...shooting like a rocket out of the bus stop and down the dirt road, making a U-Turn and heading out of town towards Sunyshore.

Major
2012-09-10, 06:41 PM
As the bus goes zooming off like a bat out of hell, Ovelia turns the music up louder and grips the seat trying to both not cry out herself as well as to drown at the thoughts of panic around her.

planswalker
2012-09-10, 06:44 PM
so, when are you gonna use the terms aqua, magma, and plasma as well?

Mindful of his friend's difficulties, Brook will wait up with her and go in front to ensure people don't jostle her by accident.

He'll sit across from Marcus and save the seat along the bus wall for Ovelia so she doesn't have to interact with people anymore than she absolutely must. Things haven't been right with her for a while now.

btw, Major, I think I've seen this aura user before. Didn't you submit a similar character to my apokelypse game?

Major
2012-09-10, 06:52 PM
btw, Major, I think I've seen this aura user before. Didn't you submit a similar character to my apokelypse game?

Yep, made a few alterations and even a small reference to your game. (Got separated from her friends in a blizzard on the way to the gym)

Ovelia nods a thanks to Brook with a soft smile.

Roamer
2012-09-10, 06:54 PM
They won't come into play until a little later on. Right now, Team Galactic's focus is to reform, take over Sinnoh, and then spread their sphere of influence to Hoenn/Seaform Islands and Unova. After that, they might make a side trip to Kanto/Johto for the sake of being completionists, but for right now..their main focus is Sinnoh.

As the Bus' tires chewed up the dirt like a tiller, one of the riders in the front, across from the trio, looks on over and attempts to strike up a conversation. Despite everyone else holding on for dear life...he appeared to be pretty calm and collected: "First time riding the Sunyshore express, hm?" He asks, his voice cracking with age. ""Heard about that new corporation I take it? I'm not going there for that....my kinds are in Sunyshore and I go up to visit them every year...they grow up so fast...and then...also...when I saw them last....this tall..." He keeps on talking, whether your listening or not.

planswalker
2012-09-10, 07:00 PM
They won't come into play until a little later on. Right now, Team Galactic's focus is to reform, take over Sinnoh, and then spread their sphere of influence to Hoenn/Seaform Islands and Unova. After that, they might make a side trip to Kanto/Johto for the sake of being completionists, but for right now..their main focus is Sinnoh.

As the Bus' tires chewed up the dirt like a tiller, one of the riders in the front, across from the trio, looks on over and attempts to strike up a conversation. Despite everyone else holding on for dear life...he appeared to be pretty calm and collected: "First time riding the Sunyshore express, hm?" He asks, his voice cracking with age. ""Heard about that new corporation I take it? I'm not going there for that....my kinds are in Sunyshore and I go up to visit them every year...they grow up so fast...and then...also...when I saw them last....this tall..." He keeps on talking, whether your listening or not.

Brook listens attentively and talks with the kind stranger. It never hurts to be kind to the elderly. Besides, they often know things the rest of us have yet to figure out.

"Aye, sir, I know something of that myself. I've raised up three pokemon from the egg, and one is already grown up. I remember when he hatched, he was only this big. It is important to take the time to enjoy your loved ones while you can."

Roamer
2012-09-10, 07:06 PM
"Huh, what? What were we talking about?" He says, then he remembers: "Oh right..my kids. They're all living in Sunyshore because they're shore people. My pokemon were living with them too..wouldn't hurt to see how Jimmy and Regina are doing.." Your unsure if he means his kids or his pokemon.

planswalker
2012-09-10, 07:09 PM
"I'm sure that they will be happy to see you. What are Jimmy and Regina doing?" Brook says, enjoying the old man's rambling.

Roamer
2012-09-10, 07:21 PM
"Ah. Jimmy's a nice boy. He's just got his first pokemon a few weeks ago from Professor Mogan...or is it Tohan? Rogaine? Oh well, it'll come to me....eventually.." As he rambles, the bus makes an extremely hard left, passing by Veilstone City. As they get past Veilstone, a few Buneary jump out of the grass and start to wrestle and play near the side of the road, almost as if the bus roaring through is as natural as breathing.

"Anyway, little girl....what're you doing heading to Sunyshore?" He says, as he fishes around for his glasses, that have jumped up onto his forehead from the jostling of the bus.

Major
2012-09-10, 07:24 PM
As the two talk, Ovelia pops the headache pills she had poured into her hand earlier and leans back. She liked Brook and he was friendly, this old man she didn't know. Despite her head leaning back and her eyes being closed however she actually was listening to the old man. Being able to focus on his voice made it easier to drown out any thoughts.

"I figured I'd look into the pamphlet." She says her reply short, but addressing the point. Even as she speaks her eyes are closed and her head is leaning back so that if they were open they'd be looking at the ceiling.

Roamer
2012-09-10, 07:32 PM
"Oh, I see. That's nice." He says, simply, as a loud screech is heard as the bus comes to a grinding halt outside of the city limits of Sunyshore.

"Sunyshore. Last stop, everyone out." Says the bus driver as he gently taps the lever that controls the doors. People start to file out, gently pushing people, some of them rolling and almost falling out of the door.

planswalker
2012-09-10, 07:33 PM
Brook scans the buneary if possible.

"My friends and I have heard about an opportunity there and we're going to investigate."

Roamer
2012-09-10, 07:38 PM
@Brook:
You manage to scan the Buneary as the bus roars past. However, no other pokemon are seen as the bus reaches it's destination.

"Well, if you like, I can show you round Sunyshore. I have some time before I have to go meet Jammy and Reggy." You get the feeling that he's either forgetful, a bit of a scatterbrain, or most likely a little of both. He did find his glasses though! They're back where they belong...on the bridge of his nose.

planswalker
2012-09-10, 07:49 PM
"Unfortunately, sir, I'm afraid we wouldn't have the time. We have an appointment to keep."

Roamer
2012-09-10, 07:51 PM
"Alrightie. See you around then.." He shuffles off, towards an escalator that leads up to a walkway high above the pathway below.

As you step off of the bus, you see a suspicious-esque man in a suit, holding up a sign that says "Potential Employees". Way to be specific!

Major
2012-09-10, 07:53 PM
As Ovelia steps off the bus she looks at the man, "That's probably him." She says before walking over to the man and nodding.

planswalker
2012-09-10, 07:55 PM
Brook follows behind; the presentation isn't convincing him to sign up.

Roamer
2012-09-10, 08:02 PM
"Ah, yes...hello. Follow me. I've been...expecting you three." The man says, as he walks off towards a rock wall and looks around a few times to make sure nobody is present. As soon as they're reasonably alone, he elbows the wall, revealing a secret panel and he literally pushes you three into it, quickly closing it behind him to prevent people from getting suspicious as soon as the group gets inside.

Past the wall, is a tunnel made of...stone and obsidian? "Welcome, to Galactic Enterprises." He says, in a high-pitched, nasily voice as he hunches his way down this lower-in-height tunnel, passing by some wall lamps every so often to make the tunnel not completely pitch black.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-10, 08:03 PM
Marcus exits the bus no worse for wear, his father's driving was worse, he parked by rolling the car seven times at 120mph. Aria on the other hand wobbled out, spirals in her eyes, she'd never been driven by Dr. Grey and wasn't used to this kind of thing. Marcus caught her before she fell and helped her stay standing and steady, Marcus laughed a little, she looked like she was part spinda. Once she got her barings again she started walking on her own, though she kept a hold of Marcus's hand. Marcus follows at a sedate pace.

Major
2012-09-10, 08:09 PM
"Oh...it's Team Galactic." Ovelia says with a frown, "Sorry, I don't like the outfits, you guys look really gay in them." She says looking behind her.

Roamer
2012-09-10, 08:13 PM
"Well, that's unfortunate. Good thing for you that our BOSS only wants to talk with you. He is looking for some...help." The man says simply, as he turns the corner and starts ascending a flight of steps that seem to lead into nothingness

planswalker
2012-09-10, 08:17 PM
"At this point, I guess we just need to go forward. I seriously doubt we can fight our way out, and I suspect nothing less would let us leave before speaking to the "boss"."

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-10, 08:25 PM
Marcus remains quiet, this place reminded him of the ruins a little, only darker.

Roamer
2012-09-10, 08:30 PM
Eventually, the stairs even out into a hall that's cleverly concealed in the face of the wall in Sunyshore. In here, the grunt as you've come to know them...are actually walking around in T-shirts and jeans, and have their own dorm rooms inside the rock wall, all of them the size of a house.

"Bet you didn't know that, when we're not pulling off those schemes everyone thinks is so nefarious..that we live like this, now did you? Come along, the Boss' meeting room is just up ahead." He says. A few grunts wave as the tall man walks past, one call out "Hey C--" but is cut off by another clapping her hand over his mouth and dragging him off.

Major
2012-09-10, 08:44 PM
"Honestly, I don't care." Ovelia says, "Nefarious, friendly, I'm not here to discuss morality." She says rubbing her temple and keeping the music up to drawn out all the voices.

Roamer
2012-09-10, 09:05 PM
"Well, aren't we all sunshine and lollipops today.." He says, as he comes to a pair of ornate double doors and he leads the trio in

"Boss, I brought the ones at your request.."

???: "Well? What are you waiting for? GET OUT!" At that, the man leaves, closing the door behind him. The room is dark, save for a desk lamp and a lit fireplace in the corner of the room.

???: "Sit. Now." Apparently he is all business, and a fair bit cranky, as the chair swivels around to show this person to be holding a Meowth in his lap, idly petting it as he stares across the room at the gathered trio. ???: "Now. I'm well aware that you most likely don't like or trust me. To be frank, I feel the same way about you. However, what do you say to us putting this on a back burner for right now? I have a request that I need filled. You three are here for your own reasons I'm sure. So, let's get down to business, shall we?" The Meowth on his lap awakens with a stretch and a yawn, he gives her an amulet coin, and she grabs it with her paws, affixed to the shine and beauty of it.

???: "I have but one, simple request. I want you..to help me perform a little...prison break tonight. In exchange, I will give you a choice: Join Team Galactic...or you must promise to not attack my grunts, give away my identity, or the location of this base. If you do, me and my men will be all over you like fire on an Infernape, and then you'll have little choice in the matter. Do I make myself clear? I'm sure you have questions..so, ask me what you must." He says, petting the Meowth, who only purrs and lets off a soft "Meow~th." at his attention, her attention still on the amulet coin.

Major
2012-09-10, 09:09 PM
Ovelia looks bored as the man speaks and runs his mouth. Finally after pausing and giving all his information she simple replies, "Why?"

After a moment of silence she adds, "Why us and why should I? I don't see much reason to random start a jail break."

Roamer
2012-09-10, 09:24 PM
???: "I figured that you would say that. Allow me to elaborate. Mangia, on the desk please." The Meowth adriotly leapt onto the desk, curling up.

???: "Pet her if you want. She is too busy with her amulet coin to care either way." The figure pulls down a projector screen, lit up by a projector that is brought out from a panel in the wall. It shows a picture of Sunyshore Prison.

???: "Three years ago, Team Galactic was disbanded due to someone whose name will never be named in the halls of Galactic again betrayed us and jumped into a portal." The slide clicks over to a man jumping into a portal being made by two giant, legendary dragon pokemon. ???: "Now, due to this..three of my best Admins are locked up in here. All I want you to do is help me grunts to bust them out. You do not even need to do anything, just help them to get in at the changing of the guards..which is precisely 5 pm." The slide clicks over to a view of the blueprints, a circle being around the maximum security wing.

???: "They're being held here. At 5, they'll ask to go to the grounds.." The figure circles the big rectangle on the print. "...That is when you will make a hole for our grunts to get in, handle the guards, and help them to escape. After that..you can either follow us back, or disappear into the night. Your choice. We will provide transportation to and from the prison, you will be disguised as guards to take the changing of the guard 5 pm shift. I've already made you some fake, but very convincing, guard applications. All you must do is sign your names. After this, we do not need to speak, or cross paths, ever again if you wish...as long as you hold up your end of the bargain. Deal?"

The figure turns, placing the remote for the projector on the table, as if waiting for an answer.

planswalker
2012-09-10, 09:28 PM
"I must admit to being curious why you need to bring in three security risks instead of keeping this in-house. I assume you don't normally recruit by sending three untried trainers on a risky assignment."

Brook will scan the meowth while he's at it. "By the way, that's a beautiful pokemon you have there."

Giovanni. That is all.

Major
2012-09-10, 09:34 PM
"This still doesn't answer what I get for helping? As fun as it sounds I'm not seeing a gain for me." Ovelia says rubbing her temple. Being around this man was stressing her out and making it harder to focus. She scans the Meowth just to get it in her dex and then awaits a reply.

Roamer
2012-09-10, 09:43 PM
???: "Oh? If you decide to go through with it, and not get caught...you each get 2,500 poke and 1 TM/Move Tutor move of your choice, free of charge. If you decide to join...you get your choice of one pokemon as your signature pokemon to mark you as a member of Team Galactic as well as your choice of outfits. We have our own breeding center here..training dojo, and move and egg tutors. All I ask is..that if you join, that you do not screw up as badly as he who will not be named." The figure says. ???: "Also, you would be right. This is a special case, however..we need a low-risk alternative to this..for our grunts are limited after our..."reforming". My Meowth was raised by me, lovingly and selectively. She's my pride and joy." The figure says, simply.

Major
2012-09-10, 09:46 PM
"By choice of outfits you mean not having to wear the really lame space suits?" Ovelia ask. The money and TMs were nice as were the pokemon, but the main thing it offered was a group of people all with different powers and the ability to get stronger. With help from them she'd be able to afford the headache medicine, she was after all on her last bottle and dead broke, as well as give her a chance to move around and improve. "Alright, I'll accept."

planswalker
2012-09-10, 09:48 PM
"I can respect and work for a man who can care for his pokemon like that. I will go."

see, I've found the perfect excuse for my pokemonitarian to bite the plot hook. He'll follow a man who treats his 'mons well even if the organization's nefarious.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-10, 09:58 PM
"...While I don't approve of the way this organization was run in the past, a reformation is a new start. Depending on the direction you go, I may be willing to join, if not, I will not go against you unless you threaten myself or my pokemon," Marcus looks at Striker, who shifts slightly, "and Striker is willing to as well, as long as we get to look through any ruins that happen to be found, he's interested in some of the artifacts within them as well as the knowledge that can result from them. One in particular interests me... but I'll leave that for after this job is finished."

Roamer
2012-09-10, 09:58 PM
???: "Of course! Those are only to be worn as punishment! They're so embarrassing to be worn in public. You can choose how your suit will be made, paid for by me, made by our private tailor." He says. ???: "Oh. Now that we're on the same page..I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Giovanni. Ever since the failure of Team Rocket..and with Cyrus gone...I took control. Nobody seemed to mind."

Giovanni: "INow, if you'll excuse me...I must plan the break-out tonight. Until then, feel free to walk around the compound. I ask that you do not leave until after the break out...so we can watch you and let the other grunts get to know you." He says, sitting down the his chair, his Meowth standing up and rubbing her cheek against Giovanni's hand.

planswalker
2012-09-10, 10:04 PM
called it.

"Then, with your permission, I would like to investigate this breeding center you mentioned earlier. I have some small talent that direction and would love to learn from someone more experienced."

Assuming he gets it, he'll head to said place.

Major
2012-09-10, 10:09 PM
Well duh it was obvious.

"Team Rocket seemed more intelligent than the original Galactic so I can see why there was little downside." Ovelia says with a shrug, "How crowded is the dojo usually?" She ask.

Roamer
2012-09-10, 10:09 PM
He waves Brook away. Outside, a pair of grunts are standing guard and they open the door as footsteps are heard leaving Giovanni's office. To your left, you see a handy list of signs. Four down, you notice the sign for the Breeding Center, which points to an elevator just down the hall. "Breeding Center - B2F"

planswalker
2012-09-10, 10:11 PM
Brook will take the elevator to B2F.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-10, 10:15 PM
"I'll come with you," Marcus says, following Brook.

Roamer
2012-09-10, 10:16 PM
Giovanni: "During the day, your lucky if you see five other Grunts in there. At night..we have nightly Aerobics, Yoga, and Karate classes. We tailor to all kinds here. I'm trying to whip these grunts into shape, so I can pick up where they left off. Small things at first...but not in the same direction that Team Rocket was going, that was my first mistake." He quips

Giovanni: "I'm going to start by unifying Sinnoh..then move on to the other islands, make them all one island in the grand scheme of things..so there will be only one organization: Team Galactic!" He sure seems to know what he's talking about. "After Team Rocket, I'm found that the hedonistic approach will not work for me...so, I'm going a less direct approach, by appointing my admins into the League so that I have complete control. Barring that..a little force wouldn't hurt to get my point across...but, we'll cross, and/or burn, that bridge if it comes to it..."

----------------------------
Meanwhile, the elevator arrives at this floor with a soft *ding* and the right side opens up. You notice the only way this elevator goes from here is *down*. When you arrive at B2F, your met with a small tunnel and deposits you in a small valley nestled away in the mountains just outside the city limits of Sunyshore. Here, in this giant, naturally fenced in area...two ranches are present on either side. Four smaller fields in each, you notice one field is comprised *solely* of Ditto, four of them to be exact. The other fields have a mix of pokemon..only type missing is dragon. In the ranches, you can see a young couple, one of them tending each field. The nearest one is young, matronly woman, the other is a firm, but compassionate man taking care of about 80 or so pokemon combined, more then likely the pokemon of said grunts in the compound.

Major
2012-09-10, 10:26 PM
"So...if we worked hard and became Admins we might eventually become Gym Leaders or Elites?" Ovelia asked surprised at his goals. She was glad to hear the dojo would be empty during the day. It would let her work out and be away from most minds.

Roamer
2012-09-10, 10:30 PM
Giovanni: "If all goes well, that and possibly even more." He says, as the Meowth pads across the table and gently hops into Ovelia's lap, curling up and falling asleep, obviously not caring where she slept.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-10, 10:35 PM
"This looks interesting," Marcus comments, walking around the fields, simply looking at the pokemon, before going over to the couple to see what they're doing. Guide, circles around, fascinated with the mon, while Aria and Striker stay close by.

Roamer
2012-09-10, 10:42 PM
The couple look up, and let out a cry of surprise: "Don't do that! Nearly scared me out my wits! Who are you, by the way, and what are you doing out here at the breeding center?" She didn't ask it in a malicious tone, but with an air of curiosity. The man is massaging a Ditto nearby on a long table, the Ditto looking a little more like modeling clay then a pokemon under the man's hands.

planswalker
2012-09-10, 10:54 PM
The couple look up, and let out a cry of surprise: "Don't do that! Nearly scared me out my wits! Who are you, by the way, and what are you doing out here at the breeding center?" She didn't ask it in a malicious tone, but with an air of curiosity. The man is massaging a Ditto nearby on a long table, the Ditto looking a little more like modeling clay then a pokemon under the man's hands.

Brook will scan a ditto and follow his friend. While he's at it, he'll scan his friend's 'mons too.

"I apologize for the start. I am Brook Tibbideaux, and this here is my friend Marcus. Giovanni has recruited us for an upcoming job, and we were give free run of the compound.

I have some small practice breeding and raising pokemon myself. I was hoping to learn under the tutelage of professionals to one day reach their skill."

Roamer
2012-09-10, 11:00 PM
The duo look at each other.

"Oh, great! We could use an extra hand. My name's Orphea, and that man behind me is Kribbeux."

Kribbeux quickly raises a hand in acknowledgement as he flips the Ditto over and continues to loosen it up. As if amorpheous globs of goo need any help in that department...

"Feel free to stay out here and help us take care of the pokemon until your called for your duty..whatever that might be." She says, as she picks up a Meowth, an Eevee, and a Spinda and sets them in an empty side field. "We can start you off small and work your way up when you feel comfortable, how's that?" She says. "We don't even know their gender yet...maybe you can help us with that?"

Meanwhile, Kribbeux spins the Ditto in the air briefly and sets it down...the giggling glob squirms back into it's pen to join the others.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-10, 11:06 PM
"...I'm here because Striker needs his physical capabilities boosted a little, thought a breeder may be able to help them a little. Guide over there needs a bit of a boost as well if he's going to make it to evolving," Marcus comments, "I can also talk to pokemon if you need some help with your pokemon."

planswalker
2012-09-10, 11:06 PM
The duo look at each other.

"Oh, great! We could use an extra hand. My name's Orphea, and that man behind me is Kribbeux."

Kribbeux quickly raises a hand in acknowledgement as he flips the Ditto over and continues to loosen it up. As if amorpheous globs of goo need any help in that department...

"Feel free to stay out here and help us take care of the pokemon until your called for your duty..whatever that might be." She says, as she picks up a Meowth, an Eevee, and a Spinda and sets them in an empty side field. "We can start you off small and work your way up when you feel comfortable, how's that?" She says. "We don't even know their gender yet...maybe you can help us with that?"

Meanwhile, Kribbeux spins the Ditto in the air briefly and sets it down...the giggling glob squirms back into it's pen to join the others.

"Of course." He'll scan each of them and interact with each, consulting his 'dex for gender differences between newly hatched 'mons of each relevant species.

Roamer
2012-09-10, 11:09 PM
Raising an eyebrow, then she catches on: "Oh..you need a move to be tutored onto your pokemon? I assume that's what you mean, right?" She asks, looking at Striker and Guide in turn.

@Plains:
To make it easy on yourself, you can choose the gender of the pokemon if you wish.

planswalker
2012-09-10, 11:13 PM
After interacting with them and consulting his 'dex, Brook comes to the conclusion that the meowth and the evee are male, while the spinda is female.

"The spinda was the trickiest one to figure out. They have no specific gender trends in physical appearance." He'll call out Ganymede to help him tend to the babies. "They seem to be very happy pokemon. Are there any special tips to raising the egg to help increase their health? I must confess that when I found Ganymede here as an egg, I just kinda carried it around with me everywhere I went."

Major
2012-09-10, 11:28 PM
"I see. Even more reason to pull off missions and move up then." She says with a nod before looking down, "Umm...I don't want to disturb her but I think that is everything."

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-10, 11:34 PM
"Not quite," Marcus says, "a pokemon's base capabilities are their movement methods and speed, strength, intelligence, and any unique abilities they may have like Striker's ability to produce Dream Smoke or Guide's ability to become invisible. As of right now, Striker is good with hitting hard and fast, but he's not good with sustained force, like lifting a heavy item. He's also unable to swim, I want to give him a boost in that regard, as it is he's already capable of using moves not normally able to be learned by unowns and he's a steel type, so I don't need much in that regard. Guide, on the other hand, could definitely use a few defensive moves to improve his survivability. Would you be able to help with that? Is it something that breeders are not able to do? Or is it just something that can't be changed?"

Roamer
2012-09-11, 07:19 AM
@Marcus:

"Hmm...I don't think that even we can help with that..." She says, thinking it over. "...I think the only way that's possible is if we let your Unown breed with one of our pokemon..but the thing is....what is that thing's gender? I don't see anything that defines it as having one."

@Ovelia

Giovanni: "Ahahaha, I didn't even notice that. I guess she trusts you enough to do this. I would say you could gently pick her up and place her on the table if you like...but I'm not sure how he would react to other people picking her up. She probably wouldn't care, because the table is right in front of you...as long as you didn't toss her in the air. She hates that."

planswalker
2012-09-11, 07:28 AM
Brook will play with Ganymede and the three babies for a bit. It's always good to be able to interact with newborns in their earliest stages. What happens to them then can be very formative in their overall personalities.

Roamer
2012-09-11, 08:03 AM
The Eevee and the Meowth quickly take to Brook, as they pounce and play with him, having fun. The Spinda, however, seems to shy away from Brook, and doesn't seem to come close. When she's backed into a corner, the Spinda tenses up, but otherwise doesn't make much of a move towards aggression or anything.

Ophelia looks over: "Oh, hon...that Spinda was traumatized when it was born. It used to be happy, until one of the grunts accidently struck it across the face when trying to catch his runaway pidove. Now, it's not exactly friendly towards men, but it doesn't mind women. Watch." Ophelia reaches over and scratches behind the Spinda's ears and the Spinda relaxes some, sitting in the corner and watching Brook play with the Eevee and Meowth.

planswalker
2012-09-11, 08:14 AM
"I understand. Perhaps she'd rather play with Gaia then. She can be very protective. She has a mother's instincts." he says, releasing his deerling. Brook will give the spinda space. Only time can heal that wound to the poor girl's psyche.

"These are such adorable pokemon. I notice that you have quite a few ditto's about. I take it you use them in breeding frequently?"

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-11, 08:52 AM
"Striker doesn't have a gender, like all unown, they are genderless," Marcus says as Aria heads over to the baby mon, specifically the spinda, "If anyone can help her, it'll be Aria."

Roamer
2012-09-11, 08:58 AM
The Spinda looks over at the Deerling as it comes close, and she allows herself to stand, sniffing at the Deerling for only a brief moment, before she tackles Gaia and send them rolling head over heels. "That's nice of you to do that, hon." Ophelia says "I'm sorry about her..she's very, what's the word, expressive around women..but she'll need time to warm up to you and see that your no threat." She says. "Also..yes..we have a rotating system of Ditto...we're actually not a part of Team Galactic..we're just contracted by them, and paid very well. The Dittos are for outside requests..like the Safari Zone or Professors to give pokemon to new trainers. The one you saw my husband massaging just got done with it's duties." She says, assuming that the young breeder-in-training knew what she meant.

@Marcus:

Ophelia turns around and nods: "Of course. Forgive me, there's just so many pokemon we don't know about yet, my husband and I, and we like to learn as much as we can. If you feel that you need to boost your Unown's capabilities, you can leave him here with us, and we can feed him some vitamins and in exchange...we ask that you let us breed him with one of our Dittos so we can add an Unown to our ranch so we can learn and study the pokemon as a whole, if that's alright with you...of course?" She asks, looking at you expectantly.

planswalker
2012-09-11, 09:11 AM
"Ah, yes I understand. I hope to one day get a ditto of my own to help with breeding. They really are quite remarkable creatures. Would it be possible to breed two dittos to allow me to have an egg to raise? Oh, I'm sorry. I don't mean to be so forward. That was rude of me, but I just was so overwhelmed admiring how well they are taken care of here." [roll0]

Roamer
2012-09-11, 09:17 AM
@Plains

Ophelia blinks at this opportunity presenting itself, and she rubs her chin: "You know. We've never actually tried to breed two dittos together. Tell you what? We'll give it a shot and let you know." She says, picking up a pair of purple, giggling blobs and walks them over to you, showing you what they look like up close. "Before you decide that you want one, hold onto one. Feel it with your hands. They prefer to be carried, so, one will be in your arms at most times when it is out of your ball and not battling. Make sure you do not leave with it okay? I have no spares yet." She holds one out to you. It feels kind of like a solidified jelly, with only two beady black eyes, and no real body to speak of...it's body is also kind of elastic as it jiggles around like jello.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-11, 09:17 AM
Marcus grins, "I'm afraid that Striker's DNA has been altered to allow him some, unique, options. I don't know if breeding him would result in a normal unown or a mutated one, or if he'd even be able to produce an egg," he says, then holds up a hand, "I can call another if you would like to study one though. It's not entirely reliable, but I've gotten good at it lately." A single pure note rings through the field as he strums his index and middle finger in the air.

I'm actually talking about Capabilities, not Stats. I think a Coach would be able to do that, but Marcus doesn't.

Calling Chord
[roll0] vs DC 10
result of 10, call a random, non-hostile unown within 5 yards
result of 20 or more, call a non-hostile R unown within 5 yards

planswalker
2012-09-11, 09:24 AM
@Plains

Ophelia blinks at this opportunity presenting itself, and she rubs her chin: "You know. We've never actually tried to breed two dittos together. Tell you what? We'll give it a shot and let you know." She says, picking up a pair of purple, giggling blobs and walks them over to you, showing you what they look like up close. "Before you decide that you want one, hold onto one. Feel it with your hands. They prefer to be carried, so, one will be in your arms at most times when it is out of your ball and not battling. Make sure you do not leave with it okay? I have no spares yet." She holds one out to you. It feels kind of like a solidified jelly, with only two beady black eyes, and no real body to speak of...it's body is also kind of elastic as it jiggles around like jello.

Brook gently holds the purple gooey creature, and there's just something right about holding it. "Yes, I see what you mean. They are wonderfully affectionate creatures, aren't they? But they need a gentle touch. There is a vigor in them which is hard to define."

Roamer
2012-09-11, 09:31 AM
@Marcus:

As the chord hangs in the air, an A Unown floats down to the right side of you, twirling and floating back and forth as it stares at you with it's one eye, almost as if to say: "You called?"

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-11, 09:45 AM
Marcus grins before channeling some energy so he may speak with pokemon, "sorry to call you, but I have an acquaintance that is interested in studying unown, would you be willing to help them? I won't force you into it, but i'd ask you to consider it, or at least produce an egg with one of their ditto so they can see how unown develop."

Major
2012-09-11, 01:20 PM
"Understandably." Ovelia says hesitantly trying to pick up and move the Meowth hoping not to upset her. If things went fine she would dismiss herself and head to the dojo.

Roamer
2012-09-11, 04:26 PM
@Ovelia:

The Meowth softly purrs as she's picked up and set down. She rolls onto her side as she sleeps on the table. The grunts open the door as you leave for the Dojo.

@Marcus:

The Unown looks at you, and nods...or at least an attempt at one. It then floats over to Ophelia, and is lead off.

@Brook:

"You bet. I love Ditto, they're always so silly and loving...in their own way, of course." Kribbidux says as he squishes one of the Ditto in a hug as it giggles.

planswalker
2012-09-11, 04:28 PM
"Indeed. Was there anything else I could help you with?"

Major
2012-09-11, 04:31 PM
Ovelia heads to the dojo, hoping Brook was doing ok. She was used to his presence, but at the same time she didn't know breeding like he did. What she did know however was hand-to-hand combat.

As she entered the dojo she started running some simple drills to keep her body in good shape and to keep her reflexes up.

Roamer
2012-09-11, 04:54 PM
@Brook:

"Not right now, my boy. I'll give you a call in a few hours to see if we were able to breed two Dittos together. It doesn't sound likely, but we'll try." He says, gently picking up the one your holding and walks into the big breeding center building just down the path.

@Ovelia:

Inside the Dojo, a small class of about four is doing Pilates in the corner of the room, but other then that, the dojo is pretty much free. You run around the track and do some routines, before the female instructor notices you, and waves you over when she sees you, probably trying to get your attention or something.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-11, 05:06 PM
Marcus nods in return and watches the unown go off with a light smile, "I'm sure he'll like it here," he shakes his head, "do you think a coach would be able to improve his capabilities? I know some trainers work to improve them for purposes other than battle."

planswalker
2012-09-11, 05:10 PM
Brook will send out Neptune, the third member of his party. In this relaxed environment where breeding and love are in the air, Neptune and Gaia feel an animal attraction to each other. They head off for the next four hours to breed.

attempting to breed Neptune and Gaia for an egg:

[roll0]

Major
2012-09-11, 05:11 PM
Ovelia lets out a sigh and hesitates, but she didn't want to seem rude. She walks over to the person that beckoned her and nods.

Roamer
2012-09-11, 05:13 PM
"Possibly. I'm no coach though...but I think I know where you can find one. I've heard of one wanting to put up a pokemon gym, for training pokemon...not gym in the sense of badges." He says, as a Minccino climbs up his leg and hugs his neck. "Well, if you'll excuse me, I need to take Tirura here for a walk...isn't that right baby?" The Minccino let out a happy cry, as Kribbeux walks off, letting the Minccino ride piggyback for a little while as they head down a secluded trail that leads around the mountainside.

@Ovelia:

"Ah, you must be the new recruit that I was told was coming down here to train. I'll make this quick. I'm Jasmi, the personal trainer here for the Grunts. I also run classes at night...feel free to stop by!" She says "Okay, I don't want to hold you up..I just wanted to introduce myself. You can go back to what you were doing, thanks for hearing me out!" She seems a little bubbily....a little too...unnaturally bubbily.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-11, 05:20 PM
Marcus looks at the minccino, and smiles, "could I get a pokemon bred for me in trade for the unown I called? If it's not too much trouble, of course."

Roamer
2012-09-11, 05:24 PM
"Sure, hon. What pokemon did you have in mind?" Orphelia asked, as she returned from the breeding center when Kribbeux walked off with the Minccino.

Major
2012-09-11, 05:26 PM
"Right...I'm Ovelia." She says rubbing her temple. The woman's bubblyness was a offsetting.

Roamer
2012-09-11, 05:45 PM
She then leads her class back into their routines. The rest of the time your in the Dojo, she doesn't bother you. Soon, the group leaves, and you find yourself alone in the Dojo at last.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-11, 05:46 PM
"I'd need to know what pokemon are available before deciding," Marcus states, "as it is, Aria is of a defensive nature, lots of staying power but little in the way of offense unless she has time to build up her main attack, Striker is, well, a striker, fast, tough, and physically strong, Guide is Striker's opposite, a lot of special attack power, but little staying power."

Roamer
2012-09-11, 05:52 PM
"Well, we have a Palpitoad, a Minccino...as you saw, a Buneary, a Snorunt, a Ralts, a Petilil, an Oddish, a Zubat, and a Pikachu. We have a few others, but the trainers have recently reclaimed them, so they aren't available. The rest are outside rentals, and I'm not entitled to use them for requests." Ophelia says, as she lists them on her fingers. "Oh, and a Spinda, an Eevee, and a Meowth. Forgot about those three." She quickly adds.

Major
2012-09-11, 06:03 PM
Ovelia does a few more drills and exercises before deciding to take a break so she isn't exhausted for the mission. As such she starts looking around the base hoping to find her friends.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-11, 06:09 PM
"A petilil or oddish would be perfect," Marcus says, "I currently have a weakness to ground and water types overall in my team. A grass type would cover that. However, I have always had an affinity for normal types like minccino or buneary," he contemplates for a moment, "Minccino and buneary are fast heavy hitters, like Striker. Petilil is a special version of that once they evolve, and oddish is becomes a fairly good generalist if you go Bellosom. I think, I'll go with Petilil."

Roamer
2012-09-11, 07:57 PM
@Ovelia:

You do not see your friends anywhere on this floor, and as you pass by a watch embedded in the stone wall of the compound, you see it's 3:00 pm, and the time of the mission draws near. Maybe you should ask someone where they got off to?

@Marcus:

"Petilil huh? Okay, that can be arranged...we just so happen to have a few spare Petilil eggs." She says. "Wait right here." She disappears into the breeding center building again.

Alchemyst
2012-09-11, 08:14 PM
Arianna Glazi

For the longest time she had been starstruck. Between the massive construct she found herself within, and the people that sat infront of her. It took many moments for the young lady to be sure of herself to speak without a stutter and within a clear mind.

Before even speaking to the ex-Team Rocket leader, she fumbled briefly with a salute. There was no question that she wasn't going to walk away from this opportunity. Just to calm herself she moved up to scratch between the meowth's ears. "Sir, if I may implore." Humble and careful had been her choice of tone towards Giovanni. "Other than transportation and attire, will there be any accessories or items allotted to each of us to help ensure our success?
"Also, has there been any previous attempts? What can you tell us about what we're stepping in to?"

Roamer
2012-09-11, 08:20 PM
@Arianna:

Giovanni just gave this one a weird look. "Were you just listening to me? You get the training dojo to use, a breeding center, and a move tutor. You have everything in this compound at your disposal to prepare for this mission. If you want to do anything, you have two hours to get ready. Go!" He says, with a sigh. The Meowth, on the other hand, softly purrs and flattens her ears at Arianna's attention.

Major
2012-09-11, 08:29 PM
Despite not knowing anyone, Ovelia tries to ask around on where the breeding center is.

Roamer
2012-09-11, 08:38 PM
@Ovelia:

You come across a Grunt, who tells you to take the elevator down to B2F, that's where the entrance to the breeding center is

@Marcus:

Eventually, Orphelia emerges from the breeding center, holding a green egg with a white mask on the front, with a darker tuft of green at the tip, and some lighter yellowish-green coloring at the base, and she hands it to you. "Here's a Petili egg for you, hon. Take good care of it." She says, as she cups her hand, pouring some homemade pokefood in it, and lowers her hand. A few Minccino scamper over and begin to eat the round, brownish-red pellets two at a time.

Major
2012-09-11, 09:11 PM
Ovelia thanks the man and then heads down to B2F.

Roamer
2012-09-11, 09:26 PM
@Ovelia:

Heading down to B2F, you are greeted by a long hallway when the Elevator doors open, the the soft sounds of pokemon playing echo down it from the other end. Following the sounds, you come out to a large field with many fields. There, you see Brook and Marcus, talking with a young, matronly woman inside a pen with an Eevee, Meowth, and Spinda.

Major
2012-09-11, 09:34 PM
"Hey guys," Ovelia says as she walks over and looks around.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-11, 09:38 PM
"Thank you, I'll do my best to take care of her," Marcus says, "any tips on raising a Petilil?"

Marcus looks over at Ovelia, "Yo."

Does it have Natural Edge applied to it?

Alchemyst
2012-09-11, 09:40 PM
Arianna Glazi

Like a bird that's been startled, the lass visibly jumps, then dashes out with much haste. With little time to spare, she bolted down and off towards the Move Tutor. Without knowing where it was she would have inquired a number of various grunts and employees as to the exact location; and after confirming it with others just to make sure she was going the right way, headed there herself.

Roamer
2012-09-11, 09:56 PM
Yes it does. It'll have it's sp. atk boosted by 3, and it's HP boosted by 2 when it hatches.

@Marcus:

"It's a plototroph..so, give it plenty of sun, and someplace to plant itself every few days for nutrients. Besides that, not really. Just make sure that, when your ready to evolve it, you get a Sun Stone for it...because it requires energy that only a stone of that nature can provide to evolve."

@Arianna

After asking around a bit, a helpful grunt points you to a flight of stairs. Going up them, you go through a door, and see an arrow pointing just down the hall, that says "Move Tutor, room 130B". Heading down the hall and opening the door, you see what can only be described as a hippy: A women dressed in a tie-die shirt and pants, with a multi-colored headband and rose-tinted glasses is sitting there with three bowls of incense burning that smells like rosewood. When she looks up, her legs go into a cross-style of sitting:

"Hello, forest-child. Welcome to my office. Like, what can I help you with?" She asks, sitting up straight. In a desk nearby, a lower drawer is filled to the brim with syringes, of all different shapes and colors.

Roamer
2012-09-12, 06:56 AM
Wow Plains. I'm sorry..the forums must've been concealing your post from me. That post was definately not there yesterday, I cannot apologize enough to you for missing it.

@Plains:

As Ovelia walks into the fields to look around at the pokemon, Neptune and Gaia return from two fields over. The Bibarel is holding an egg that is light green on top, and tan on the bottom, with a white frill separating the two colors. On the right side, you notice a splotch of yellow which appears to be out of place in the sea of green of which it appears to be.

planswalker
2012-09-12, 07:43 AM
Wow Plains. I'm sorry..the forums must've been concealing your post from me. That post was definately not there yesterday, I cannot apologize enough to you for missing it.

@Plains:

As Ovelia walks into the fields to look around at the pokemon, Neptune and Gaia return from two fields over. The Bibarel is holding an egg that is light green on top, and tan on the bottom, with a white frill separating the two colors. On the right side, you notice a splotch of yellow which appears to be out of place in the sea of green of which it appears to be.

It's cool. Hope I didn't freak out too badly when I had a sudden and complete communicatons blackout from you.

also, egg from the two breeding!? Coulda sworn a 70+ was not under a 35...

"What do you have there?" Brook asks Neptune. He takes the egg and inspects it, trying to determine its species.

Effect: You may make up to 7 different Breeding Checks per day, and the check for Breeding is 35
instead of 25. Subtract your CHA or WIS mod from the breeding check. Your Pokemon must still
have at least 4 hours together. You can identify what pokemon will hatch from an Egg.

Roamer
2012-09-12, 07:49 AM
It's a Deerling egg, and I know. It's not yours though.

Ophelia looked over. "Where did you get this from? Give it here." Looking it over, she sees a name written on the side and shows it to you. "I bet they didn't want to come back empty handed, so they took this egg from storage."
She says, looking down at the two pokemon who seem to be blushing and averting their eyes. "Aha, I knew it. Playful scamps. Don't do it again though." She says, with a serious tone as she says the last part, taking the egg back into the breeding center.

planswalker
2012-09-12, 08:03 AM
"I thought it was peculiar. It didn't appear to be either of theirs. What sort of egg did they take? Whose is it?"

also, shouldn't I be getting the results of the ditto breeding back around now-ish, assuming that they're breeders as well?

Roamer
2012-09-12, 08:14 AM
Ophelia returns after placing the egg back, "Oh, one of the Grunts asked me to make a Deerling for them. Not sure of the name though, they wrote it themselves and said they'd be back. Oh..and before I forget, we tried to breed the Dittos." She says, a hand on her forehead. "...I can't believe I'm about to say this...but, they actually produced an egg from that." Ophelia extends a dark purple egg, with lighter purple heading towards the tip...and darker purple heading towards the base, and it appears to go from purple, to grey to purple when spun around. Must be an optical illusion...right? An egg doesn't look like this, does it? "When we came back...somehow this egg was there. We never thought to breed the two together...this is a breakthrough I'll tell you something!" She says, as she scribbles it down on a pad for later.

planswalker
2012-09-12, 08:18 AM
"Well, I just figured that ditto have to come from somewhere. Being able to breed with each other made the most sense. Well, either that or being asexual and being able to reproduce by themselves. Since I've never heard any accounts of that happening, I thought that made the most sense." Brook says as he accepts the egg. "Though do you find it surprising that the exceptionally fertile pokemon has an exceptionally odd egg?"

btw, I AM getting this egg, right? I thought so, but I'd just like confirmation. He did ask for a ditto egg and they said "sure" and went off to breed one, right?

Roamer
2012-09-12, 08:34 AM
Yes, they won't pull a Professor Oak and try to keep it for themselves, the egg's yours. The downside is, the egg will take ten days to hatch. Considering speeding that up because that's an outrageous amount of time to wait for that egg to hatch..

Ophelia: "Of course it does...however, I've always heard that Dittos weren't able to reproduce on their own or with another Ditto.." She says, with a pause "...That egg is indeed peculiar. However, we have other Dittos we can breed if we really want to study it further. Enjoy your e--" Ophelia is cut off by the voice of Giovanni over a loudspeaker: "Attention, attention all grunts and new recruits. Operation: Breakout will commence in one hour. Everyone please report to the lobby for debriefing and final preparations. That is all" Ophelia sighs: "Well, enjoy your egg, and good luck on whatever this is your doing." She adds, as a final remark as she heads over one field and grabs up the Spinda and a Ditto. "Maybe we can calm you down with some quiet time." She says, as she takes the two into the breeding center. "..That, and I need to get a Spinda for someone anyway.." You hear her say as she disappears within the building.

planswalker
2012-09-12, 08:38 AM
Brook will recall his 'mons and head over to the lobby. He's reasonably certain that, since everyone is heading there, he can follow the crowd to find it.

up to you. Another option would be to allow us enough downtime between missions that 10 days isn't forever.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-12, 10:34 AM
"Aria, Striker, I'm going to need to return you for a time," Marcus says, returning the two mon as he heads upstairs to the lobby with Guide. He quickly channels Guide then borrows one of his moves, specifically Ember.

Major
2012-09-12, 02:15 PM
"Ummm, could we get directions to the lobby?" Ovelia ask the breeders when she hears Giovanni's voice.

Roamer
2012-09-12, 04:32 PM
Kribbeux sighs: "Yes, I guess you would need that wouldn't you? Go down to B5F and make a left. You'll see another pair of ornate doors. Pass through them...the lobby is past them."

Alchemyst
2012-09-12, 04:39 PM
Not gonna lie. That imagry made me chuckle. Hard. I don't think anything short of this has brought to image my own aunt, before.
This is a good thing!

Arianna Glazi

She had been taken aback by the lack of formality in this particular piece of the building. Being a stark difference from the cold steel of the rest of the building, it took the young lady a few brief moments to get her berrings back in order.

"Yes, I heard you have the ability to help my allies in teaching new abili--" Her voice stopping abruptly for the intercom's interruption. Arianna was visibly disgruntled about this change in events, but no less polite in her approach. "Or no rest for the wicked it seems... Where is this lobby?"

Once she had the directions, the lass would head there her self.

Roamer
2012-09-12, 04:43 PM
@Arianna

"Sure thing, star-child. Head back downstairs and take the elevator down to B5F and follow the others through a pair of ornate doors to the lobby. Like, come back when you have more time dudette, okay?"

Major
2012-09-12, 05:31 PM
"Thanks," Ovelia says before turning and heading to B5F and trusting her friends to follow.

Alchemyst
2012-09-12, 06:07 PM
Arianna Glazi

"Many thanks, and yeah. I promise to come back." And with a smile and a nod, she left to follow the instructions to get to the lobby.

Roamer
2012-09-12, 07:55 PM
Heading down to B5F, you find a lot of grunts gathered in front of a pair of doors lined with an intricate, fancy gold trim around the edges. One of them...is in front ramming against the doors? Wait...where's Giovanni and why won't the doors open? The grunts seem to be talking amongst themselves, as a nearby clock strikes 3:30. Maybe it's too early and everyone gathered down here for nothing?

planswalker
2012-09-12, 09:40 PM
"I don't like this. Recall that Giovanni talked about incompetents? Why do I get the feeling he is thinning the herd?"

Roamer
2012-09-12, 09:52 PM
@Brook:

On of the grunts overhears you and walks over:

"Well, that wouldn't surprise me. That's our boss, though, he comes up with some unusual ways to test us..you know? Just last week, he announced that all grunts should report to the Dojo to do two hundred pushups. When we got there, he wasn't there. We waited two hours, then an announcement came over the intercom, and I quote, "Attention, attention all grunts. That last announcement was just a test. Please disregard that last announcement. Thank you, and have a wonderful day from Galactic Enterprises." He does the air quotes and everything "So, yeah, wouldn't surprise me if this was another test.."

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-12, 09:56 PM
Marcus's eyes narrow, "if the last test was similar, why use the same test again? Guide, please turn invisible and check the room, I'm still chanelling you so you can just think what you see and I'll know it," he says, getting the little litwick to do just that, turn invisible and phase through the doors, just enough so he could see what's on the other side.

planswalker
2012-09-12, 10:07 PM
"Odds are, there will be a different twist than last time."

Roamer
2012-09-12, 10:19 PM
@Marcus:

The Litwik phases through the doors, to show a crowded room full of test dummies and...caged wild pokemon? Seems like something is being done here. Right as the Litwik was about to leave, he sees Giovanni walk in: "Unlock the doors. If they're smart, they'll be waiting on the other side of that door so that we can get started immediately. There's some news I must relate." "Yes sir!" comes the voice of a grunt, and he heads for the door. The Litwik quickly phases back through the door and back to Marcus.

@Brook:

"Yeah, I know. That's what makes me so terrified of the man. He used to run Team Rocket..which I heard was well-organized. Cyrus was getting lazy right before he betrayed us and jumped through that portal. Must've been his plan all along. I just hope that the outcome of this one is not one that we'll be reprimanded for...I don't want to do two hundred pushups.." He then trails off, shuddering some at the aspect of it.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-12, 10:23 PM
"Test dummies and caged wild mon, he's unlocking the door," Marcus states, the litwick reappearing above his shoulder, "we're going to get started immediately, apparently."

Roamer
2012-09-12, 10:31 PM
As soon as the Litwik appears, you do indeed hear the click of a lock and the doors swing open to see Giovanni standing in front of the test dummies, near the cages. Giovanni: Well, don't just stand there...fall in!" The Grunts jump a little and rush into the room, forming lines of five in front of Giovanni, who sends four to the back, and then calls out: "Hey, new recruits! GET YOURSELVES IN GEAR! Stand up front so I can start the debriefing!" He says, as he turns to the side and a grunt sets up a small folding table that he places a briefcase on and opens it up, taking out some folded up pamphlets.

planswalker
2012-09-12, 10:38 PM
Brook grabs Gaia's pokeball in one hand and heads to the front. Whatever test this is, he trusts himself and his team to pass.

Major
2012-09-12, 10:43 PM
Ovelia is quiet and enters as soon as the door unlocks. She is quiet and tries to focus just on Giovanni's voice and allows the music to drown out the thoughts of the others.

Roamer
2012-09-12, 11:06 PM
As the four get into line, Giovanni starts handing out the pamphlets. "Alright men...and women...I have some bad news. The prison is stepping up security. Someone must've squealed!" A Grunt in the back starts to shake, and flees for the door, to which two grunts catch him and stops his escape with a well-placed kick, causing him to cry out in pain and fall to the floor, paralyzed with pain.

"Take him to the Medic. Now. We need all the help we can get tonight." The grunts nod and carry him off. "Now, as I was saying. The prison is stepping up security. They've released pokemon to guard the compound..making tonight's difficulty skyrocket. I've pulled some strings..." Giovanni says with a smirk, "...and got four cages full of the pokemon they will be using to guard with. Now, these are not the aggressive guard animals that you will face in an hour and a half's time. We're running practice drills on these pokemon. They aren't aggressive, they're trained by me for the last eight hours to respond to a whistle. When they hear it, they'll attack you. If they don't hear it, they're as docile as my Meowth, which I'm sure you all met before. Now, if you'll open your pamphlets.." Giovanni says, as the grunt in front brings pout a second folding table to which Giovanni sets up another projector, and then the grunt goes off to find an outlet...

planswalker
2012-09-12, 11:11 PM
Brook grunts at the mention of pokemon guards. If they've been well-trained, it could be a problem. Many 'mons were a lot more aware of their surroundings than humans are.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-12, 11:22 PM
Marcus opens the pamphlet, even harder mission, this would be annoying. Not enough for Marcus to drop off it though, he sorta wanted the challenge, he'd still have Guide out, but he'd have to hide more thoroughly.

Roamer
2012-09-12, 11:38 PM
Giovanni taps a foot as the projecter sparks and hums to life. "What took you?!" Giovanni called, which elicits a response of: "You have no idea how hard it is to find an outlet with a limit of ten feet!" Giovanni just sighs and brings up a push-button clicker attached to a string, and clicks the slide: "Now....as seen here by the layout of the prison, noted on page one in your pamphlets...this is what the prison looked like before the grunt squealed....he's in deep trouble now."

Giovanni pauses, and clicks the slide to show about fifteen circles with a "P" in them, mainly around the maximum security wing and the outside grounds..with a few intermittent in the main hallways. "This is what it looks like now. Huge difference, yes? Because of him, now...your job got twenty times tougher...be sure to thank him! It's mostly Houndour, Poochyena, and Growlithe, however...with some Furrets and Staraptor thrown in just in case people decide to fly in and skip the ground route altogether. Now...from my scout's report, page three, they will be in bands of four to five to defend the main areas, and two for purposes of slowing down attackers in the main halls and low-security areas." He says with a pause. "So....now we must come up with a strategy. I'll let you talk it out as we practice and we can share ideas later. For now, we must run drills. Those of you that want to go onto the ground team, enter rooms three four and five. The others..room one and two." You notice the majority is headed for the rooms marked three, and five...twenty and fifteen respectively. Four seems to be the least crowded, with only two. The rest go for one and two, which comprise about ten each. The doors are labeled: "1 & 2: Staraptor. 3: Houndour. 4: Furret. 5: Poochyena."

planswalker
2012-09-12, 11:50 PM
Brook will head for the room marked 4. Gaia has a trick or two for normal fights .

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-12, 11:54 PM
Marcus looks at the options, and growns, the dark types were a killer for Guide, but he was his best bet for a hidden mon. And Striker was weak against houndour and growlithe, both being fire types. Aria was his last bet, but she was defensive and her main offense was too loud for this. She goes to 4, it'd be the easiest one for her to deal with, using both a ghost and steel type, which were immune and resistant to their main source of attack.

Alchemyst
2012-09-13, 12:32 AM
Arianna

With the change in difficulty, the young lass reached towards her Xirxci and rolled the tiny ball around in her fingers as she held the open pamphlet in her hand before her. The dark types, she knew wouldn't be much of a problem, most of her own were resistant to them. Even the occasional fire type wouldn't be a problem in her own roster. So she would join Brook and Marcus in room number 4.

Looking over what I've got... I've a serious weakness for bug types. This is slightly disconcerting...

planswalker
2012-09-13, 12:38 AM
Brook is confident of his team's success against all the types. Neptune alone would be able to handle the fire-types and the flying 'mons. Gaia has an attack which should incapacitate the normal ones easily. And Ganymede... well, she won't have any troubles at all.

Roamer
2012-09-13, 07:52 AM
As the groups converge on the doors, Giovanni lets out one last announcement: "Oh, and Grunts? These pokemon are not mine, so, feel free to catch them at your leisure." He then pulls a lever, and the steel doors snap open, and the grunts file into the rooms that lie beyond.

planswalker
2012-09-13, 08:00 AM
Brook thinks to himself I hope we get a chance to try another room as well. I'd love to catch both a furret and a staraptor.

hm... methinks we should perhaps change plans a bit? I can do decently well in any of these rooms. Perhaps we should change things up a bit so we'll have the opportunity to catch more than 1 of these? I can breed us each one of the ones we don't catch. I don't mind having Brook switch over to the staraptor room.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-13, 10:48 AM
hm... methinks we should perhaps change plans a bit? I can do decently well in any of these rooms. Perhaps we should change things up a bit so we'll have the opportunity to catch more than 1 of these? I can breed us each one of the ones we don't catch. I don't mind having Brook switch over to the staraptor room.

Yea, I'm going to switch rooms too, going to Poochyena.

Hearing that, Marcus decides to diversify a bit, and heads to the Poochyena room instead.

planswalker
2012-09-13, 11:34 AM
After debating with himself, Brook will change his mind and hcad to the Staraptor in room one.

Major
2012-09-13, 02:31 PM
Ovelia frowns as she watches her friends go into one room. She knew that room would be easier, but at the same time it wouldn't be training if she took the easy route.

As such, the young woman heads to room 3.

Roamer
2012-09-13, 03:51 PM
As everyone files into the rooms, the doors close behind you with a loud snap that echos off the walls on the spacious, enclosed room. In each room, Giovanni's voice can be heard over a loudspeaker: "Alright Grunts. Since I'm feeling generous, I will release the pokemon, but I won't order them to attack. I'll give you a short time to pick your pokemon and get situated in the rooms. You'll notice there's four different hallways. Each of those will lead to a separate room with the pokemon of your choice in it, so the actual area feels less crowded. When you get into the room, release your pokemon. A camera inside will be watching the entire time and it will release the pokemon and, if needed, release more. When your done, leave the room so that the pokemon don't keep being spawned. Save some for your fellow grunts! That is all."

With that, four smaller doors snap open, as the grunts seem to be paring up in groups of two or three and deciding which door to take.

planswalker
2012-09-13, 04:03 PM
Brook will take the left most door and a select Neptune to bring out first. He should be able to handle anything remotely near his power that flies. If one of the grunts wishes to team up with him he won't mind, but since the only three that he really knows went to different rooms, he won't seek anyone out.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-13, 04:06 PM
Marcus lets Aria out, returns Guide, and heads down one of the corridors. He wanted to catch one of these pokemon.

Roamer
2012-09-13, 05:22 PM
@Brook:

Heading in the leftmost door, a second grunt squeezes in before the door stamps shut. Over the northern wall, a camera's red, unblinking sensor eye notices the two of you. A loud click and whirring sound can be heard as a small section of the wall five feet in front of you drops down, and releases four Staraptor, who fly around the room and settle on the ground not far from the camera. They seem to be staring at you, as if awaiting an unheard command. The Grunt next to you reaches for a pokeball and sends out a Spinda, as the poor thing wobbles back and forth. However, you know that's just how they walk from being around one earlier. An eerie silence blankets the room as the pokemon walk around, and the grunt turns to you: "So, uh, want to call dibs now, or during the battle?"

@Marcus:

Your alone when you enter the room, save for a camera red, unblinking sensor eye. As your Audino takes a few steps forward, the wall five feet across from you drops down and releases two Poochyena, sniffing at the air and circling the Audino. However, just when it looks like they'd start biting into her, one of them bumps her with it's head, and they both sit down in front of her for the time being. For a Poochyena, that's pretty amazing.

Major
2012-09-13, 05:25 PM
Ovelia enters a room by herself and releases her Charmander. He was weaker than most her others, but he needed the training in addition to the fact that he was the only one not weak versus the houndour.

Alchemyst
2012-09-13, 05:31 PM
Arianna

With the announcement, she decided to change her tactics slightly, instead moving to room 1. Her choice to open with Xirxci, whom until recently had been rolling around in the young lass's fingers, was allowed to walk freely around before either Pokemon or Trainer entered one of the doors.

planswalker
2012-09-13, 06:13 PM
@Brook:

Heading in the leftmost door, a second grunt squeezes in before the door stamps shut. Over the northern wall, a camera's red, unblinking sensor eye notices the two of you. A loud click and whirring sound can be heard as a small section of the wall five feet in front of you drops down, and releases four Staraptor, who fly around the room and settle on the ground not far from the camera. They seem to be staring at you, as if awaiting an unheard command. The Grunt next to you reaches for a pokeball and sends out a Spinda, as the poor thing wobbles back and forth. However, you know that's just how they walk from being around one earlier. An eerie silence blankets the room as the pokemon walk around, and the grunt turns to you: "So, uh, want to call dibs now, or during the battle?"

"I will be catching one. Doesn't matter to me which one. Let's see how the battle goes before we start claiming 'mons." Brook says as he releases Neptune and scans the nearest bird.

If the birds don't immediately attack, Neptune will use defense curl.

Roamer
2012-09-13, 06:47 PM
I am going to do only one room at a time, so it'll be easier to keep track of the battles instead of being forced to keep track of four different battles at once. Is that okay with everyone?

@Brook:
Suddenly, a shrill whistle sounds throughout the room, and then...the Staraptor attack!

Major
2012-09-13, 06:51 PM
Works for me

planswalker
2012-09-13, 06:53 PM
I am going to do only one room at a time, so it'll be easier to keep track of the battles instead of being forced to keep track of four different battles at once. Is that okay with everyone?

@Brook:
Suddenly, a shrill whistle sounds throughout the room, and then...the Staraptor attack!

Neptune will rollout the nearest Staraptor!
[roll0]
[roll1]

Roamer
2012-09-13, 07:24 PM
The nearest Staraptor has it's wings clipped and it impacts the ground, out cold. A Staraptor goes to follow up with a Wing Attack on Neptune.

AC: [roll0] vs 2

Damage: [roll1]

planswalker
2012-09-13, 07:39 PM
Neptune takes the hit without too much ado and continues his assault!

[roll0]
[roll1]

Roamer
2012-09-13, 07:56 PM
The second one is forced to land on the ground, the hit too strong for it to stay airborn. However, here comes number three! He appears to be the leader of this small band of Staraptor. Flying in close, a stream of air engulfs the Staraptor as it gets closer...it moving much too fast for Neptune to react to.

Aerial Ace:
AC: Aerial Ace cannot Miss
Damage: [roll0]

planswalker
2012-09-13, 08:53 PM
Hit hard but not yet out of comission, Neptune continues to rollout.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Roamer
2012-09-13, 09:37 PM
The Grunt next to Brook just blinks. "Well, uh, girl....looks like we aren't needed in this room.." She says to her Spinda, as this Staraptor was floored like the others. The last one? He saw that this was a losing battle..and he knew it. Even though he was supposed to attack: He. Backs. Off. He flies back to the wall, which drops and allows him to flee! The camera above the door turns yellow and clinking sounds come at regular intervals as the door swings open behind Brook, allowing him to leave.

The second Staraptor is alive, and you can make an attempt to catch it. All in all, a pretty impressive battle. The 'raptors were level 30, 34, 30, and the one that fled was 31. They're worth 50 exp each. I'll let you do the math, unless you want me to.

planswalker
2012-09-13, 10:01 PM
what gender is the still-alive staraptor?

edit: also, that's 30x50(1500)+34x50(1700)+30x50(1500)=4700 xp.

with my 1.3x xp bonus from normal ace, that's over 6k xp :biggrin:

Brook will recall Neptune and throw a basic ball at the still-living staraptor.

[roll0]

Roamer
2012-09-13, 10:03 PM
Male. Technically, that was supposed to be the hard battle! That's why I allowed a grunt to squeeze into the room with you. Guess you didn't need it...which was pretty surprising. :smallamused:

The Staraptor gets hit by the ball and gets drawn in. One shake...two shakes...however, when it seems that the pokeball would sit still, it cracks open, and the Staraptor manages to break free again. However, it's too wounded to make a hasty retreat.

planswalker
2012-09-13, 10:06 PM
Brook will use his command action to send out Ganymede, unlocking a basic primal instinct in the opposing pokemon. With his trainer action, he will use a love ball.

[roll0]

Roamer
2012-09-13, 10:08 PM
The love ball hits the Staraptor and is drawn in. One shake...two shakes...and eventually the Staraptor doesn't have any energy left to break out of the ball and a soft *bim* is heard as the ball's lock engages.

planswalker
2012-09-13, 10:11 PM
okay, sweet.

what is the staraptor's ability/nature/etc?

Brook will pick up the ball and say, "You shall be Jupiter, the airy lord of the heights."

Roamer
2012-09-13, 10:16 PM
Level 31, Hasty, Keen Eye

planswalker
2012-09-13, 10:17 PM
Confident that he's able to handle staraptors, Brook will exit the chamber to allow another to take their turn.

k, thanks. Statting up now.

Roamer
2012-09-13, 11:40 PM
Tomorrow, I'll hopefully get everyone else's battles done..it's just too late for me right now.

@Brook:

As you leave, the girl with the Spinda stays behind as the door stamps shut again, and the Staraptor are released into the room. She appears to be holding her own, but the very small window doesn't allow you for much view if you decide to snoop.

planswalker
2012-09-13, 11:47 PM
Brook doesn't particularly care one way or the other about the spinda-trainer. He hopes she does well, but he has a new teammate to make proper introductions to. He sends out Jupiter and addresses him. "Welcome to the family, regal one. I hope to be able to guide you into your fullest potential and aid you in become the lord of a flock of progeny. What say you? Would you like to become Lord of the Flock?"

Roamer
2012-09-14, 06:45 AM
@Brook:

The Staraptor is let out of his ball and he jumps and pecks around...but then he sees that he was caught. Ruffling his feathers, this bird confirms what Brook was thinking with a "Starrrrrrr~aptor!" and a nod of his beak

Okay. Next is Marcus, in the Poochyena room.

@Marcus

By now, the two Poochyena have gotten used to the Audino in the room, smiling at them. They walked back over to the wall, but before they can leave, a high-pitched whistle sounds off in the room...so high that only the Poochyena and the Audino can hear. As soon as that happens, the Poochyena become rabid and start to attack the Audino!

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-14, 11:12 AM
"Expected," Marcus mutters, "Aria, try getting one out so we can get a new addition to the team," with that, Aria unleashes a wave of power that absorbs into the walls before hitting one of the poochyena. At the same time, Marcus ducks in and slams a fist into the other poochyena.

Secret Power (Urban: Paralysis)
AC: [roll0] vs 2
Crit: [roll2]

Arms Attack
AC: [roll3] vs 6
Damage: [roll4]
Crit: [roll5]

Roamer
2012-09-14, 11:39 AM
The Poochyena on the left leaps up, but just before it can get an attack off...the power resonates into small sparks that flicker and dance, and envelops the Poochyena. It falls to the ground, muscles stiff as a board in surprise, but still very conscious. The second one gets batted away by Marcus, but it's determined more then ever now. It leaps up at the Audino, seeing it to be more of a threat then the trainer with it's fancy means of subduing it's brethern. Jaws wide open, they bear down on the Audino. Meanwhile, the second one tries to make it's muscles move, and, barring it unable to, it'll go low, aiming for the Audino's legs.

Bite:
AC: vs. 2
Damage: [roll]2d10+16
Special: Flinches on 15-20.

Pooch #2:
Para Check: vs 6
If >6: Bite:
AC: [roll2] vs. 2
Damage: [roll]2d10+20
Special: Flinches on 15-20.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-16, 02:17 PM
"Aria, echoed voice!" Marcus calls out.

Sorry for the delay, was actually waiting on you to fix the damage

Echoed Voice
AC: [roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-17, 05:52 PM
Oh whoops. I'll do them in a separate spoiler post. I'm sorry, I didn't notice that I didn't close the brackets. Also, does that hit both of them, or which one are you targeting?

#1: [roll0]
#2: [roll1]

You can't edit in rolls. And I'm going to aim at #2, it deals more damage on average. Might be easier if you roll in secret rather than posting it, most of my other GMs do.

Roamer
2012-09-17, 06:01 PM
Oh bah. Rolling in private is just that much more work I need to do. Let me try again:
#1: [roll0]
#2: [roll1]

The second Poochyena is sent rolling backwards, hitting it's head against he wall and slipping into unconciousness. The paralyzed Poochyena continues it's assault, as long as it's legs are able to move:

Para Check: [roll2] vs 8
Bite:
AC: [roll3] vs 2
Damage: [roll4]
Special: Flinches on 15-20

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-17, 06:05 PM
Marcus pulls out a greatball and tosses it at the remaining poochyena.

[roll0]

Roamer
2012-09-17, 06:22 PM
*Bonk* The Pokeball hits the Poochyena in the head and it gets dragged in, one shake, two shakes..and before it can protest, the lock swiftly engages with an energetic *bim*

Level 30, Naughty, Run Away.
The other Poochie was 30 also.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-17, 07:47 PM
Marcus picks up the downed poochyena and walks out of the room, Aria following close behind.

Roamer
2012-09-17, 08:33 PM
Now, Ovelia's up to bat
@Ovelia:
In the room you walk into, another person is inside sitting down with a Vaporeon in his lap. He appears to be of rank, with a few stripes on his suit that can only denounce he is at least Elite rank. "Ah, someone decided to come into the houndour rooms, I see." This one says, as the Vaporeon lazily pushes itself to a standing position and circles Ovelia, familiarizing itself with her scent. When the Vaporeon feels it's in no danger from Ovelia, it pads back over and lies across this man's lap again. "Welcome. Care to tell me your name, Grunt?"

Major
2012-09-18, 02:44 PM
Seeing the man, Ovelia raises an eyebrow. Who was this man interfering with her attempt to catch the pokemon. A part of her wanted to make a smart ass remark, but seeing his rank she withheld. It wasn't that she respected his rank, so much as she didn't want to make a needless enemy of someone in power.

"Ovelia." She says looking around, "I was under the impression Houndour were in here, not Vaporeon."

Roamer
2012-09-18, 05:31 PM
Hearing the responce, he laughs. "Nono, this is -my- Vaporeon. I was just letting her stretch her legs by letting her beat up some houndour. Now, I am heading back outside. Good luck in here...they're especially ferocious today." He says, as he manages to squeeze out of the door before it stamps shut. As the door closes behind him, the wall directly across drops down and releases two rabid houndour that waste no time charging at Ovelia and her Charmander!

Major
2012-09-18, 06:17 PM
Ovelia frowns, "What? Two?!" She says surprised before quickly nodding at her Charmander. "Let's go, Dragon Claw the one on the right, I'll get the one on the left!"

Ovelia:
Unarmed Attack, Black Belt's Sensei+Weapon of Choice (Unarmed)
Type: Fighting, Physical
[roll0] vs 2
[roll1] x2

Charmander speed of 12
Dragon Claw-Dragon-Physical
[roll2] vs 2
[roll3]

Roamer
2012-09-18, 08:25 PM
The second houndour gets smacked back by Ovelia, and whimpers as the houndour slowly gets to it's feet. The houndour on the left leaps up at the Charmander, it's fangs becoming coated in flames as it lunges. The other Houndour follows suit, aiming low at the Charmander's legs.

Fire Fang:
AC: [roll0] vs 3
Special: 18-19, flip a coin for burn or flinch. On 20, burn and flinch.

Bite:
AC: [roll2] vs 2
Damage: [roll3]
Special: Flinches on 15-20

Major
2012-09-18, 08:44 PM
As the creature lunged to bite Charmander, Ovelia suddenly channeled the power of aura to hurl a fist full of air and blast the houndour.

Using Vacuum Wave as an interrupt to hit the one using bite. Hoping to take it out BEFORE it hits Charmander.

Vacuum Wave-Special Attack-Fighting
[roll0] vs 2
[roll1] x2

This cost me my next turn, thus Ovelia doesn't act after the Fire Fang. Let me know if Vacuum Wave knocks out the Houndour so I know if I need to calculate the damage. Edit: With that roll I believe base stats alone are a miss? Not sure houndour's stats, but calculating and will undo if wrong.

Seeing her trainer tired from the blast of wind, Charmander quickly throws a thunderpunch at one of the houndour.

If the one that used Bite is still standing hit that one, in the unlikely case that I hit then hit the only one left standing.
Thunderpunch-electric-physical
[roll2] Paralyze on a 19-20
[roll3]

Roamer
2012-09-18, 09:44 PM
Don't forget that fire fang is a fire type move...so, it more then likely wouldn't knock out the Charmander regardless. Anyway..

The Houndour that lept up for a bite felt the gust of air coming and diverted it's course to dodge it. The brief moment gave the Charmander an opening to attack, and strikes it with a fist coated in electricity. The Houndour is sent flying a few inches back and slams into the ground, skidding painfully backward and becoming motionless. A few seconds after, it's legs started twitching, due to a muscle spasm from the electricity coursing through it. The one that coated it's fangs in fire padded over to see if it's brethern was alive and, getting no sign of life, it lets out a howl for what it believes to be a departed companion, and turns to face the Charmander and Ovelia, a fire burning in it's gut!

Houndour uses Howl! Houndour's attack increases!

Major
2012-09-19, 03:19 PM
Especially since I'm fire/dragon type shifted. And the fact that I have flash fire. So the bite hit, but the fire fang just powered me up :P

Ovelia hurls a pokeball at the houndour.

[roll0]

As the ball is thrown, Charmander moves beside Ovelia and spits out a smokescreen in front of them just in case.

10 rounds, +3 to accuracy checks

Roamer
2012-09-19, 07:30 PM
The pokeball hits into the Houndour and it gets drawn in. One shake, two shakes...the ball rattles violently but to no avail, the lock engages with a soft *bim*

Level 30, Bold, Early Bird

The Charmander shoots up a cloud of dense, think smog that clouds the sensors of the camera in the room...confusing it. You hear a loud alarm and the door swings open, with a robotic voice calling out: "MALFUNCTION! MALFUNCTION! Houndour room 3b! Houndour room 3b! Please evacuate room 3b so automatic override can commence! Please evacuate room 3b!" It repeats this again and again as the camera's sensor remains clouded, kicking in the automatic override system.

Major
2012-09-19, 07:50 PM
Ovelia chuckles amused at the chaos as she picks up the pokeball and calmly walks out.

Roamer
2012-09-19, 08:03 PM
Okay..next was..Arianna I think?

@Arianna

You enter one of the Staraptor rooms, and the camera looks down at you. Detecting no pokemon, it beeps and clicks as the "eye" stares down, waiting to see a pokemon in the room.

Alchemyst
2012-09-20, 07:47 PM
Sure, let's go with it.

Arianna

The lass looks around, searching for any possible allies, or targets as well as taking into account the given arena. Without any birds in the sky, she gives a simple smirk and tosses one of her balls into the air. "Come out and join us, Scylla!" and out popped the little Deino with a cry; a different choice than her initial.

A mostly physical choice, with one ranged attack. I'm extremely curious on this.

Roamer
2012-09-20, 10:51 PM
The camera beeps, and the wall across from Arianna drops down, releasing two Staraptor into the room. They fly over to the Deino and circle it, both looking at each other before a shrill whistle is heard and the Staraptor attack!

Alchemyst
2012-09-21, 12:17 AM
Arianna

"Patience, Scylla. Bite when one is in range."

And that's just what the little dragon would do. It'd try and bide its time until at least one was within range. Then with all of its unbridled force, it'd snap down upon one of the birds.

Bite! against S1, I'll call it for now
[roll0] vs AC 4

I think my math is right, here.

Roamer
2012-09-21, 12:01 PM
The Staraptor see the dragon move and they jerk upwards, just out of range of it's jaws. The one on the left makes a full circle in the air and zooms downward towards the Deino, as the one on the right does a fly-by, attempting to clothesline the small dragon with one of it's wings.

Aerial Ace
AC: Aerial Ace cannot Miss
Damage: [roll0]

Wing Attack
AC: [roll1] vs 2
Damage: [roll2]

Alchemyst
2012-09-21, 06:10 PM
Arianna

Between the two attacks, Scylla found itself overwhelmed and no longer able to function. The two birds had caused it to quickly caused the Deino to faint. "Nice try, maybe next time." The lass murmured as she pointed its pokeball at the Pokemon, with the red laser shooting out to bring it back into the safety of its confines.

"Let's try you, Xirxci!" And from another ball she tossed, out came a Kirlia. "Start out with a blast of Confusion."

Recalling Scylla (-11 HP), bringing out Xirxci, Trace S1

[roll0] vs 2 AC
[roll1] Damage on S1

Alchemyst
2012-09-21, 06:39 PM
<Forum glitch, double post!>

Roamer
2012-09-23, 09:27 AM
@Arianna:

Xirxci pops out of it's pokeball, quickly copying the Staraptor's ability on the left, which happened to be Keen Eye. After that, it was told to attack. The Staraptor shrugs off the mental assault, and was just about to close in on Xirxci when a shrill whistle was heard in the room, and the Staraptor are no longer aiming to rip the pokemon's throat out.

@All:
A voice comes over the loudspeaker in each of the rooms/training areas: "Attention, attention grunts! I realize some of you are still in the process of training, but that'll have to wait. I have just received word, from a scout, that the targets we're liberating tonight are being moved to the grounds an hour and a half ahead of schedule. They said that the guards are not at their posts at the time of relaying this message, so we must move now to take advantage of this. You may continue when we return, any injured 'mons will be taken care of by our field nurse in the lobby. Everyone, please make your way out of the training rooms and into the foyer post-haste. That is all." The loudspeaker cuts to static as the doors open back to the foyer area, and any released pokemon are shuffled back into their pens via silent commands.

planswalker
2012-10-16, 08:58 AM
Brook will make his way to the lobby at once.

Major
2012-10-16, 12:55 PM
Ovelia also makes her way to the lobby.