View Full Version : [3.5] DM seeking advice

LordShaper
2012-09-10, 11:12 AM
So, I'm getting back into DM-ing (haven't done a proper D&D campaign in two years).

I'll be using gestalt (I've used it before) in the campaign and I plan on this one lasting a while so I'd like to avoid any potential problems with overpowered combos.

Can you think of any gestalt combos that are serious gamebreakers at level 3 (which is where the PCs will start) or a later level?

I WON'T be allowing any psionics, Truenamers or dragon related classes (dragon shamans, the stuff from Draconomicon etc).

For starters, I'm thinking of allowing only ONE of the Tier 1 classes in any gestalt combo. So, NO cleric/druids, cleric/wizards or druid/wizards.

ahenobarbi
2012-09-10, 11:33 AM
For starters, I'm thinking of allowing only ONE of the Tier 1 classes in any gestalt combo. So, NO cleric/druids, cleric/wizards or druid/wizards.

I'm no gestalt expert but I think there is no "new" game breaking in gestalt, just it's easier to use "regular" game breaking (easier pre-reqs for example).

Do you allow gestalting PrCs? Also you might want to watch out for fast casting progression PrCs.

LTwerewolf
2012-09-10, 11:36 AM
Like the other guy said, it's easier to break the game, but you're breaking it in all the same ways as before.

LordShaper
2012-09-10, 11:38 AM
Do you allow gestalting PrCs? Also you might want to watch out for fast casting progression PrCs.

PrCs aren't used in gestalts according to UA, they just needlessly complicate stuff. So no, no PrCs.

LTwerewolf
2012-09-10, 11:41 AM
Incidentally, Duskblade/Wizard is pretty potent as it pretty much negates any weakness the wizard might have had.

Warblade/wizard(orachivist) is also pretty powerful.

Lonely Tylenol
2012-09-10, 05:32 PM
Factotum 8 on one end, Wizard or Warblade or somesuch on the other, gets you Cunning Surge, plus full spell or maneuver progression with which to use it. It's like having Time Stop on your Wizard, but nine levels early!