PDA

View Full Version : Adamantine for none weapons and armour

Ranting Fool
2012-09-10, 12:25 PM
Hello playground, was wondering if anyone could point me to a book or source that lists how much items made from Adamantine cost.

Such as amulet and necklaces or rods ect.

Is there a weight to cost scale out there somewhere?

Cheers for any advice... even if it's home brew stuff.

ahenobarbi
2012-09-10, 12:33 PM
I think there is only table in DMG. And some specific items. In dungeonscape 1lb adamantine drill costs 200gp, adamantine hacksaw 1lb 600gp, adamantine manacles 5lb, 2000gp.

Hmm I can run linear regression for that (and weapons & armor as per DMG), BRB.

ahenobarbi
2012-09-10, 12:41 PM
Regression for Dungeonscape & armor says 318gp + (317gp/lb * item weight in lb)

Kelb_Panthera
2012-09-11, 05:18 AM
According to heroes of battle, a catapult stone made of adamantine costs 100gp per lb. Assuming that's unworked adamantine, it should cost 300gp per lb for a finished product, which isn't too different from what ahenobarbi said.

Being a bit easier to calculate, I'd go with the flat 300gp/lb.

Ranting Fool
2012-09-11, 07:09 AM
Cheers guys, now I just got to figure out the random weights of items one of my players wants (mostly so they can't be sundered or broken easily)

Alabenson
2012-09-11, 09:21 AM
According to the Dracnomicon, adamantine has a base cost of 100gp per lb, or twice that of gold. The increased costs seen in Dungeonscape likely reflect the difficulty of working with adamantine over softer metals like gold or silver.

Dimers
2012-09-11, 12:15 PM
Your players might also be interested in the hardening spell from Magic of Faerun, or similar spellwork. Some kind of permanent or instantaneous magic strictly for the purpose of making something difficult to break.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-09-12, 02:36 AM
Your players might also be interested in the hardening spell from Magic of Faerun, or similar spellwork. Some kind of permanent or instantaneous magic strictly for the purpose of making something difficult to break.

If you add that to your adamantine item, it'll be nearly unbreakable*. Hardness 25 is insane.

*Pure hyperbole, of couse.

Ranting Fool
2012-09-12, 03:38 AM

Hardening stuff with magic is already an excepted concept in my campaign. Though you don't really need it once you've got adamantine stuff as the player is more worried about minor damage from rolling a nat 1 then sunders.

Which leads me to my second question:

Is there any spell or feat which gives the ability bypass some hardness?
(I know Adamantine weapons ignore anything below 20, so anything that is't itself)

Dhavaer
2012-09-12, 04:14 AM
Martial Study from Tome of Battle for the Mountain Hammer strike.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-09-12, 04:32 AM
Martial Study from Tome of Battle for the Mountain Hammer strike.

On a related note, the shards of granite feat from the same book.