PDA

View Full Version : Innate Spell +Mnemonic Enhancer =??

AWiz_Abroad
2012-09-10, 01:14 PM
Wizard/Epic Wizard with the improved spell capability to get level 12 spells

Assuming the Complete Arcane version of Innate Spell (have to have focus& burn a spell slot +8 levels, you get an every round SLA)

+ Rary's Mnemonic Enhancer

The way I would understand them to work s that equal a X number of level 3 or under spells where x is the number of rounds I want to spend prepping in the morning? Or am I missing something obvious?

Not a super powerful trick sure, but the ability to have basically unlimited slots (ok, so at 6 seconds a round thats 10 per minute, which in turn = 600 Level 3 or below spell slots if the party gives my wizard an additional hour in the morning)

dextercorvia
2012-09-10, 01:25 PM
Wizard/Epic Wizard with the improved spell capability to get level 12 spells

Assuming the Complete Arcane version of Innate Spell (have to have focus& burn a spell slot +8 levels, you get an every round SLA)

+ Rary's Mnemonic Enhancer

The way I would understand them to work s that equal a X number of level 3 or under spells where x is the number of rounds I want to spend prepping in the morning? Or am I missing something obvious?

Not a super powerful trick sure, but the ability to have basically unlimited slots (ok, so at 6 seconds a round thats 10 per minute, which in turn = 600 Level 3 or below spell slots if the party gives my wizard an additional hour in the morning)

That works. But, without Mind Mage, what are you going to do with all those low level slots?

Maybe Arcane Strike.

God Imperror
2012-09-10, 02:01 PM
Get versatile spellcaster?

dextercorvia
2012-09-10, 02:15 PM
Get versatile spellcaster?

That only gets him up to 4th level spells.

Aharon
2012-09-10, 02:16 PM
@Versatile Spellcaster
Only makes the spell slots 4th level.

Power Energy transformation field.

AWiz_Abroad
2012-09-10, 02:24 PM
It would be a cheap way to get a 2 sq mile demiplane in one day.

Any other ideas for extremely plentiful Lvl 3 and below slots?

dextercorvia
2012-09-10, 02:25 PM
Paying off Spellpool debt?

animewatcha
2012-09-10, 02:27 PM
Magic missile. Kill that epic creature via 2 points of damage.

dextercorvia
2012-09-10, 02:30 PM
Magic missile. Kill that epic creature via 2 points of damage.

SR, and he doesn't get to cast them all at once.

NM020110
2012-09-10, 02:34 PM
Shadowcraft mage, perhaps?

AWiz_Abroad
2012-09-10, 02:37 PM
Paying off Spellpool debt?

Now that's kinda clever. Unfortunately, I'm currently running Wizard20/Epic Wizard 9 so . . . no MotAO debt. Lots of Epic Feats however.

It does make Imbue Familiar (Coure Eladrin) with Spell Ability much less painful with that many spell slots to play with.

Versatile Spellcaster is also really cool. . .but the same question applies, what to do with 300 level 4 slots?

ahenobarbi
2012-09-10, 02:43 PM
Shadowcraft mage, perhaps?

Not really. SCM allows you to duplicate effects of spell one level lower than the spell you are casting, so you could get only 2nd level spells from it.

Put there heavily meta magicked spells (still technically 3rd level)?

EDIT: changed 2nd to 3rd

Fable Wright
2012-09-10, 04:57 PM
I'm going to second Arcane Strike... getting a True Strike Wraithstriked attack to add 300d4 (~750 damage) 2 times per day seems like a good use of time. Or firing it all off in one blow for making instant giblets as a panic button.

Alternatively, you could provide enough arcane power on demand to completely revolutionize the way the campaign setting works through the efficient use of mundane spells of low levels, but no one ever thinks about that.

As a final option that your DM may shoot down, you could make 300 CL 29 Explosive Runes per hour, and you have the ability to cast Dispel Magic at caster level 5 for automatic failure on the dispel. Proceed to have fun killing every creature you see with SR less than ~40 in one blow, and probably severely capacitating the rest. 1800d6 points of damage will take out most epic monsters, I believe, unless you're using the Immortals handbook.

NM020110
2012-09-10, 08:42 PM
I haven't looked over it in a while, but I think that there was a way to apply the metamagic feats from the last spell you cast to your next spell. Transferring a Heighten Spell+Earth Power forward would allow you to cast a spell of up to ninth level from a silent image.

AWiz_Abroad
2012-09-10, 08:58 PM
Perhaps this is a better question. Other than innate teleport, what innate spell would you pick at no greater than level 6. (if level 5 I can keep my ignore material components)

Character concept is a middle aged gnome who builds constructs. She's got her brass golem, 2 runic guardians and her Juggernaut. Slightly batty, insists on addressing Her constructs as if they were family. Chaotic good.

Primarily battlefield control, but with some tasty meta magics and arcane thesis on enervation for when more direct action is called for

AWiz_Abroad
2012-09-10, 10:13 PM
I'm going to second Arcane Strike... getting a True Strike Wraithstriked attack to add 300d4 (~750 damage) 2 times per day seems like a good use of time. Or firing it all off in one blow for making instant giblets as a panic button.

Alternatively, you could provide enough arcane power on demand to completely revolutionize the way the campaign setting works through the efficient use of mundane spells of low levels, but no one ever thinks about that.

As a final option that your DM may shoot down, you could make 300 CL 29 Explosive Runes per hour, and you have the ability to cast Dispel Magic at caster level 5 for automatic failure on the dispel. Proceed to have fun killing every creature you see with SR less than ~40 in one blow, and probably severely capacitating the rest. 1800d6 points of damage will take out most epic monsters, I believe, unless you're using the Immortals handbook.

Wow ok I'm giving a feat chain for arcane strike, optimized no, it's far better for point blank/precise on my enervation, but the idea of this tiny old gnome rearing back and clouting an epic badguy with her staff, this is just too flavorful