PDA

View Full Version : Action to pull out and stow an item?

theonesin
2012-09-10, 05:40 PM
I tried looking this up, but didn't quite get a concise answer. It's a simple question though: What action is it to put an item away?

I need to know because my character has an item they prefer to wear in the head slot, but also wants to use an item with an encounter power that also uses that slot. I have a Battle Harness(free action to pull out an item), but I'm not sure that applies to putting an item away as well.

I'm just trying to figure out what all the actions I need to take in order to take off the first item, pull out and equip the second, then switching back after I expend the item's power.

Thanks.

Kurald Galain
2012-09-10, 05:48 PM
I tried looking this up, but didn't quite get a concise answer. It's a simple question though: What action is it to put an item away?

Minor action, says so in the PHB1 (except for armor and shields). And no, just because you can draw an item for free doesn't mean you can also stow it for free.

Note that you can drop items as a free action, though. You can probably retrieve them after combat, although some DMs may call shenanigans on that.

Adoendithas
2012-09-10, 06:51 PM
Or somebody might happen to grab them. ;)