PDA

View Full Version : Epic level cleric prestige classes

xWolfLordx
2012-09-10, 09:13 PM
My DM asked me to build some NPCs for his next campaign, take some of the load off of him and all that jazz. I'm trying to build a level 29 character, and so far I have Paladin6/Cleric20 and will probably throw the saint template on there for good measure. That leaves a level or two of really anything I want, but I'm not familiar enough with cleric/paladin prestige classes to know what would be a good fit.

navar100
2012-09-10, 09:22 PM
Hierophant

It was stupid of them not to increase spell progression but caster level still improves. It's not an "epic" prestige class, but since you don't increase spell progression in epic anyway its abilities are nice to have.

Hirax
2012-09-10, 09:26 PM
Have you considered prestige paladin (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/prestigiousCharacterClasses.htm#prestigePaladin) (originally found in Unearthed Arcana) instead of paladin? What about:
cleric2/church inquisitor4/prestige paladin15/church inquisitor+6/saint2

Church inquisitor (from Complete Divine) is finished off later, due to the fact that it's a medium BAB class, and prestige paladin is a full BAB class. For whatever screwy reason, you can't get more BAB after level 20, so fitting in as many paladin levels as possible before level 20 is optimal. Otherwise, the build gets you 20th level cleric casting and a great deal more paladin power, including a mount appropriate for an 18th level paladin.

xWolfLordx
2012-09-10, 09:46 PM
Have you considered prestige paladin (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/prestigiousCharacterClasses.htm#prestigePaladin) (originally found in Unearthed Arcana) instead of paladin? What about:
cleric2/church inquisitor4/prestige paladin15/church inquisitor+6/saint2

Church inquisitor (from Complete Divine) is finished off later, due to the fact that it's a medium BAB class, and prestige paladin is a full BAB class. For whatever screwy reason, you can't get more BAB after level 20, so fitting in as many paladin levels as possible before level 20 is optimal. Otherwise, the build gets you 20th level cleric casting and a great deal more paladin power, including a mount appropriate for an 18th level paladin.

Well, he needs epic level casting for something my DM has planned. From what I've gleaned from his back story He doesn't really need paladin power, but those levels represent his earlier adventuring career and he's not so much a combat oriented character as of late (that and venerable age just pulverized his strength).

Hierophant
I think i'm gonna do this. Gives him a neat ability (probably faith healing or spell-like ability) and at that high of a level the lack of an attack bonus doesn't mean much.

Thanks guys, really helped out.

Jarveiyan
2012-09-10, 10:36 PM
Have you looked at the Divine Emissary or High Proselytizer from the ELH?