PDA

View Full Version : Technomage Conversion (Please PEACH)

Grimsage Matt
2012-09-11, 08:56 AM
Will say this outright, I do not know how to make tables. Could someone tell me how to make 'em?

The Technomage

The primitive state of our current technology must be corrected. There are worlds in this prime where even a commoner pocesses the power to kill countless wizards, with the ease that wizards kill commoners. We will agument our technology with magic, and pray we advance far enough.

Technology is often overlooked in favor of magic. But some know better. While they do not pocesses the formidable technology of the Dominion, they have a shortcut. It's clumsy, and it does not replace true understanding, but it serves. By using low amounts of magic, they mimic technology.

Requirements;
Caster level; 6th
Skills; Knowledge (Arciticture and Engineering) 9 ranks, Knowledge (Technology) 1 rank, Craft (Mechanical) 1 Rank, Craft (Electronic) 1 rank.

HD; d6
Skill points; 6+int modifer per level.
Class skills; Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Disable Device (Int), Forgery (Int), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (architecture/engineering) (Int), Knowledge (Technology) (Int), Listen (Wis), Open Lock (Dex), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), and Use Rope (Dex).

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|PL+1 Crafting, Mending, Spell casting.

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3|Technomagic I, Replacement Body I

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+3|PL+2 Crafting, Bonus Feat

4th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+4|Technomagic II, Make Whole, Factory I

5th|
+4|
+1|
+1|
+4|PL+3 crafting, Replacement Body II

6th|
+4|
+2|
+2|
+5|Technomagic III, Bonus feat

7th|
+5|
+2|
+2|
+5|PL+4 crafting, Automated ease

8th|
+6|
+2|
+2|
+6|Technomagic IV, Replacement Body III

9th|
+6|
+3|
+3|
+6|PL+5 crafting, Bonus feat, Factory II

10th|
+7|
+3|
+3|
+7|Mechanical mind, Technomagic V[/table]

Spellcasting;At each level, a Technomage is treated as if they advanced in a pervious spellcasting class for the purposes of spells known, spells per day and caster level only

Mending; At first level, a Technomage may use mending and repair moderate damage at will.

PL crafting; As the Technomages study and experince increases, they learn how to make ever more complcated things. At first level, they may only make items at the same PL or lower. At level 3 and every odd level after, the PL limit increases by 1. This means that the only thing stoping a high level Technomage is the resources to build their designs.

Technomagic; The Technomages from d20 modern have their own spell list. Starting at 2nd level and each even level after that, the Technomage adds the Technomage spells of that level to their spells known.
(Technomagic I gets first level spells, Technomagic III gets 3rd level spells etc..)

Replacement Body(EX); One of the strangest things a Technomage discovers is the abillity to slowly replace their own weak, fleshy organs with mechanical parts.
Replacement Body I; The Technomage gains a +4 bonus to effects that require a fortitude save, and gains light fortifcation.
Replacement Body II; As the Technomage replaces even more of their body, the benifits increase. The bonus to fort saves increases to +6, and they replace light fortifcation with morderate fortifcation.
Replacement Body III; This, is the pinnicle of replacement. In fact, there is so little left, that they no longer remain what they were. They gain the Living Contruct Subtype, and heavy fortifcation.

Factory I; The first factory the Technomage is liky to set up is focused on making things cheaper. The cost for making items is reduced by 1/2, so long as they have acess to a factory.

Make Whole; At fourth level, the Technomages abillity to repair devices increases. Mending and repair moderate damage are replaced with Make Whole and Repair Critical damage.

Automated Ease(EX); One of the biggest benifits of automated equipment is that it allows you to speed up your production values. At PL 4, daily craft checks are in silver, and weekly craft checks are in gold. At PL 5, daily craft checks are in gold, and weekly craft checks are in platinium. At PL 6, daily craft checks are in platinium, and weekly craft checks are multiplied by ten. At PL 7, daily craft checks are multiplied by 10, and weekly checks by 100. At PL 8, daily checks are multiplied by 100, and weekly checks by 1,000. At PL 9+ daily checks are multiplied by 1,000 and weekly checks by 10,000. This multiplier is applied to the progress made for that time period. For example, if at PL 7, you made 7pp worth of progress on a daily check, you multiply that by 10 to get total progress.

Factory II; At this level, the Technomage has advanced mechanical applications to use in their factories. This makes the products even cheaper. The cost to make the item is reduced by 1/2 again. It only costs 1/4 of the base price to make it now.

Mechanical Mind(EX); You've done it. You've added so many brain implants that you don't even have your orginal brain left. The good news? This one is a hell of a lot better. First, you gain a insight bonus to your crafting checks equal to twice your Technomage level. Secondly, you gain immunity to magical and psionic mind affecting effects, as your brain is litteraly electronic computers at this point. You can be reprogramed by normal means however. You also gain a +10 bonus to all class knowledge checks and concenration checks.

Grimsage Matt
2012-09-11, 11:57 AM
Computing benifits will come soon, but heres two feats!

Break Through
Requirements; Int 16+, PL+1 crafting or higher.
Benifit; Your PL increases by 1. This means if you were operating at PL 5, you now operate at PL 6.
Special; You may select this more then once, but your total PL cannot be higher then PL 9 without DM approval.

Mechanic
Requirements; Make whole, Factory I.
Benifit; Repair Critial damage is replaced with reconsruct. Also, any technological object or construct in 20ft of you is repaired for 10hp per round.

So, any thoughts so far?

Techonmagic I
Haywire
Magic ID
Degauss
Power Device
Jolt
Earth

Technomagic II
Shock
Defibrillate
Dataread
Machine Invisibility

Technomagic III
Electromagnetic Pulse
Phantom Chopper

Technomagic IV
Clown Car
Wire Walk

Technomagic V
Atomic Glare
Instant Connectivity
Phantom Limousine
Synchronicity

Spells can be found here; http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/MSRD:Magic and here http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69118&highlight=Technomage

Grimsage Matt
2012-09-11, 04:46 PM
Here's a PrC for the PrC.

The Tech Lord

As technomages grow, they become increasinly aware of the applcations of Technology. At 10th level, they are no longer flesh and blood, but they reamain far too... humanoid. The Tech Lords take it one step further, and replace their bodies with the greatest of the technologies avilable, nanotech. Hiveminds of trillions of nanities, they are the future.

Requirements;
PL; 8+
Class features; Mechanical mind and Body Replacement III.

HD; D10.
Skill points; 6+Int mod per level.
Class Skills; Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Disable Device (Int), Forgery (Int), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (architecture/engineering) (Int), Knowledge (Technology) (Int), Listen (Wis), Open Lock (Dex), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), and Use Rope (Dex)

1st|
+0|
+2|
+2|
+2|Nanite Body, Spellcasting, Nanite Factory

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+3|
+3|Nanite-Shielding, Nanite Defences

3rd|
+2|
+3|
+3|
+3|Nanite-Corrosion, Energetic Nanites

4th|
+3|
+4|
+4|
+4|Nanite Regeneration, Advanced Nanite Factory

5th|
+3|
+4|
+4|
+4|The World of Tomorrow, today! [/table]

Spellcasting; At each level, a Tech Lord is treated as if they advanced in a pervious spellcasting class for the purposes of spells known, spells per day and caster level only.

Nanite Body; At first level, your body becomes a hivemind of nanites. This is very simmilar to the swarmshifter template, but as a living contruct rather then undead. You gain the shapeshifter template, and can change into a swarm of nanites or back to normal at will. In swarm form, they deal normal swarm damage and are immune to weapon attacks, and have a fly speed of 60ft. You do not heal when you change forms, as rather then chan ge shape, you lose or gain solidarity. But you do have a fatal weakness. Heat. The cooling systems of your nanites don't handle fire that well, and will dispierse easier. You take +50% more fire damage in either form.

Nanite Factory; Yes, your body is made of nanites, so what does that mean? You can use Fabricate at will. You also gain a +2 Nanite bonus per level to craft checks, and you are treated as a Factory for your Factory abillities from the Technomage.

Nanite-Shielding; The Nanites give you formidable defensive abillities. Mostly in the form of adding your Base Int mod to your AC as a deflection bonus. This has a maximun benifit of your Tecnomage levels plus your Tech Lord Levels.

Nanite Defences; The primary defence that nanites give is they are very hard to completly destroy. The amount of HP you can have below 0 before dying is equal to your Int score. Your still helpless, you just don't die. While below 0 hp, you are forced from solid form, and break into your nanite swarm.

Nanite Corrosion; When ever you deal damage with a melee natural weapon or a swarm attack, the target takes 1d6 untyped damage each round afterwords, as weapon-nanites tear them apart from the inside out. Each time the Tech Lord would trigger this abillity, the target takes a stacking 1d6 untyped damage. This damage continues intill they make a Fortitude save with a Dc of 10+ Class level+Int mod, or recive a deconstruct spell targeted on them. This effects all coperal creatures, reguardless of type. This can only do a maximum of 5d6 damage.

Energitic Nanites; This is the same abillity as Nanite Corrosion, but applies to natural ranged weapons, such as Eldritch blast or other abillities.

Nanite Regeneration; As the factorys go into high gear, one of the Tech Lord's most powerful abillitys kick in. Now, sure, a Tech Lord might nbe hard to destroy, but the recovery process takes a while. But now? You gain fast healing equal to your base Int mod.

Advanced Nanite factory; This is the pinnicle of factory effecincy. Your daily checks are replaced with hourly checks, and Factory I and Factory II apply to it. Your weekly checks are replaced with daily checks, and the weekly check bonuses from factory I and II apply to these checks.

The World of Tomorrow, today!; The Tech Lord notices something. Yes, they have acess to a treasure trove of technology, but have they released any of it? Have they yet managed to bring about a new age? A age where magic is dead, and technology rules? No, not yet. So, you need to teach people to use higher technology! By spending a total of 10 hours with a target, you can give them the benifits of your PL+X abillity. The first time you give them a lesson, it's PL+1. The tenth gives them PL+2. It takes 100 lessons to reach PL+3, and so on. If you spend addtional time equal to half again the lesson time, the target will also be able to teach others.

Grimsage Matt
2012-09-12, 10:49 AM
A 100 hits and np peaching:smallfrown: Please, tear me guy apart for trying to destory conventional spellcasters in a blaze of technological fire.

God Imperror
2012-09-12, 12:31 PM
I am not familiar with d20 modern which I think is the system for this class, is it?

On the table thingie it will certainly look better with a proper table and once you get it it is probably going to get more reviews.

1st|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

2nd|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

3rd|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

4th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

5th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

6th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

7th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

8th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

9th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

10th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability[/table]

Just change the x for whatever you need and add class abilities, this is the base table but you are going to need an extra column for spellcasting do so adding | Spellcasting at every line and it should work just fine.

Also fluff and images could potentially help to catch people's eyes, though don't pay me a lot of attention is hard for me to get peaches if I ever get a magic formula I'll let you know.

Grimsage Matt
2012-09-12, 04:32 PM
How do you make the | ? Thats what I've had problems with. And it's a d20 modern to 3.5 conversion.

God Imperror
2012-09-12, 04:36 PM
Copy paste it, that's how I do it, depending on your keypad it might be one place or another.

So it works for 3.5 spellcasters that get spells from d20 modern? Correct? Were are those spells listed?

Grimsage Matt
2012-09-12, 04:43 PM
Might have to have them moved over, and thanks for the table.

Grimsage Matt
2012-09-12, 05:12 PM
Finished the tabling, so everyone peach. Will have more sci-fi stuff converted soon.

Grimsage Matt
2012-09-13, 04:19 PM
Updated the Tech Lord, has a nice new capstone.

Grimsage Matt
2012-09-20, 10:51 AM
The Technosavant

The primitive state of our current technology must be corrected. There are worlds in this prime where even a commoner pocesses the power to kill countless wizards, with the ease that wizards kill commoners. We will advance Science, the gateway to equality and knowledge, and pray we advance far enough.

Technology is often overlooked in favor of magic. But some know better. While they do not pocesses the formidable technology of the Dominion, they are getting there. For now, it serves, but someday soon, it will be perfected!

Requirements;
Special; Must have at least 5 Engineer Vocations.
Skills; Knowledge (Arciticture and Engineering) 8 ranks, Knowledge (Technology) 1 rank, Craft (Mechanical) 1 Rank, Craft (Electronic) 1 rank.

HD; d6
Skill points; 6+int modifer per level.
Class skills; Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Disable Device (Int), Forgery (Int), Knowledge (architecture/engineering) (Int), Knowledge (Technology) (Int), Listen (Wis), Open Lock (Dex), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), and Use Rope (Dex).

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|PL+1 Crafting, Vocation, Extra Invoation.

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3|Technolore I, Replacement Body I

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+3|PL+2 Crafting, Bonus Feat, Vocation

4th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+4|Technolore II, Vocation, Factory I

5th|
+4|
+1|
+1|
+4|PL+3 crafting, Replacement Body II, Vocation

6th|
+4|
+2|
+2|
+5|Technolore III, Bonus feat, Vocation

7th|
+5|
+2|
+2|
+5|PL+4 crafting, Automated ease, Vocation

8th|
+6|
+2|
+2|
+6|Technolore IV, Replacement Body III, Vocation

9th|
+6|
+3|
+3|
+6|PL+5 crafting, Bonus feat, Factory II, Vocation

10th|
+7|
+3|
+3|
+7|Mechanical mind, Technolore V, Vocation[/table]

Vocations; At each level, a Technosavant gain's a new engineer Vocation.

Extra Innovation; The Technosavant gains addtional Inovation points equal to their Technosavant level*3. This is recalulated at each level.

PL crafting; As the Technomages study and experince increases, they learn how to make ever more complcated things. At first level, they may only make items at the same PL or lower. At level 3 and every odd level after, the PL limit increases by 1. This means that the only thing stoping a high level Technomage is the resources to build their designs.

Technolore; Each peice of Technolore gives a diffrent benifit.
Technolore I; Gene Therapy. This is a unlocking of the secerts of altering life. Allows you to proform Gene therapy. Needs at least PL 7 before you can use it on yourself.
Technolore II; Cybernetic Attachments. You gain Craft Cybernetics and Cybernetic surgery as bonus feats
Technolore III; Nanites. You have unlocked Nanotechnology. You gain Craft Nanites as a bonus feat.
Technolore IV; Target systems. Toy may use your Int mod for all attack and damage rolls. This replaces any scores used periviously.
Technolore V; Quantum Mind. Your brain implants also inculde advanced supercomputers, no larger then a normal cell. You benifit from a EX Hypercognition (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/hypercognition.htm) effect that you can use as a free action. Your knowledge is in fact the result of a rigorously logical process that you force your mind to undertake, digging up and correlating every possible piece of knowledge bearing on the topic.

Replacement Body(EX); One of the strangest things a Technosavant discovers is the abillity to slowly replace their own weak, fleshy organs with mechanical parts.
Replacement Body I; The Technosavant gains a +4 bonus to effects that require a fortitude save, and gains light fortifcation.
Replacement Body II; As the Technosavant replaces even more of their body, the benifits increase. The bonus to fort saves increases to +6, and they replace light fortifcation with morderate fortifcation.
Replacement Body III; This, is the pinnicle of replacement. In fact, there is so little left, that they no longer remain what they were. They gain the Living Contruct Subtype, and heavy fortifcation.

Factory I; The first factory the Technosavant is liky to set up is focused on making things cheaper. The cost for making items is reduced by 1/2, so long as they have acess to a factory.

Automated Ease(EX); One of the biggest benifits of automated equipment is that it allows you to speed up your production values. At PL 4, daily craft checks are in silver, and weekly craft checks are in gold. At PL 5, daily craft checks are in gold, and weekly craft checks are in platinium. At PL 6, daily craft checks are in platinium, and weekly craft checks are multiplied by ten. At PL 7, daily craft checks are multiplied by 10, and weekly checks by 100. At PL 8, daily checks are multiplied by 100, and weekly checks by 1,000. At PL 9+ daily checks are multiplied by 1,000 and weekly checks by 10,000. This multiplier is applied to the progress made for that time period. For example, if at PL 7, you made 7pp worth of progress on a daily check, you multiply that by 10 to get total progress.

Factory II; At this level, the Technosavant has advanced mechanical applications to use in their factories. This makes the products even cheaper. The cost to make the item is reduced by 1/2 again. It only costs 1/4 of the base price to make it now.

Mechanical Mind(EX); You've done it. You've added so many brain implants that you don't even have your orginal brain left. The good news? This one is a hell of a lot better. First, you gain a insight bonus to your crafting checks equal to twice your Technosavant level. Secondly, you gain immunity to magical and psionic mind affecting effects, as your brain is litteraly electronic computers at this point. You can be reprogramed by normal means however. You also gain a +10 bonus to all class knowledge checks and concenration checks.

Grimsage Matt
2012-09-20, 01:36 PM
The Tech Sage

As technosavants grow, they unlock ever more potent applications of tecnology. Soon, they relize something. It is pointless to keep up a humanoid guise. While it might serve for merely natural creatures, they are masters of nanites! They have replaced the last traces of mortality, and now exist as one with the macheine!

Requirements;
PL; 8+
Class features; Mechanical mind and Body Replacement III.

HD; D10.
Skill points; 6+Int mod per level.
Class Skills; Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Disable Device (Int), Forgery (Int), Knowledge (architecture/engineering) (Int), Knowledge (Technology) (Int), Listen (Wis), Open Lock (Dex), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), and Use Rope (Dex)

1st|
+0|
+2|
+2|
+2|Nanite Body, Vocation, Nanite Factory, Extra Innovation, Nano Seed.

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+3|
+3|Nanite-Shielding, Nanite Defences, Vocation

3rd|
+2|
+3|
+3|
+3|Nanite-Corrosion, Vocation

4th|
+3|
+4|
+4|
+4|Nanite Regeneration, Advanced Nanite Factory, Vocation

5th|
+3|
+4|
+4|
+4|The World of Tomorrow, today!, Vocation [/table]

Vocation; At each Level, The Tech Sage gains one engineer vocation.

Extra Inovation; As the Technosavant.

Nanite Body; At first level, your body becomes a hivemind of nanites. This is very simmilar to the swarmshifter template, but as a living contruct rather then undead. You gain the shapeshifter template, and can change into a swarm of nanites or back to normal at will. In swarm form, they deal normal swarm damage and are immune to weapon attacks, and have a fly speed of 60ft. You do not heal when you change forms, as rather then chan ge shape, you lose or gain solidarity. But you do have a fatal weakness. Heat. The cooling systems of your nanites don't handle fire that well, and will dispierse easier. You take +50% more fire damage in either form.

Nano Seed; With five minutes, you can create a back up seed. This functions like the Astral Seed (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/astralSeed.htm) power, but you can have up to your Tech Sage levels times your Base Int Mod of Nano Seeds at one time. This abillity acts the same in many reguards. You lose all your equipment when you transfer your "self" into your new body as a free action at any time.

Nanite Factory; Yes, your body is made of nanites, so what does that mean? You can use Fabricate at will as a EX abillity. You also gain a +2 Nanite bonus per [Technosavant level + Tech Sage levels] to craft checks, and you are treated as a Factory for your Factory abillities from the Technosavant.

Nanite-Shielding; The Nanites give you formidable defensive abillities. Mostly in the form of adding your Base Int mod to your AC as a deflection bonus. This has a maximun benifit of your Technosavant levels plus your Tech Sage Levels.

Nanite Defences; The primary defence that nanites give is they are very hard to completly destroy. The amount of HP you can have below 0 before dying is equal to your Int score. Your still helpless, you just don't die. While below 0 hp, you are forced from solid form, and break into your nanite swarm.

Nanite Corrosion; When ever you deal damage with a melee natural weapon or a swarm attack, the target takes 1d6 untyped damage each round afterwords, as weapon-nanites tear them apart from the inside out. Each time the Tech Sage would trigger this abillity, the target takes a stacking 1d6 untyped damage. This damage continues intill they make a Fortitude save with a Dc of 10+ Class level+Int mod, or recive a deconstruct spell targeted on them. This effects all coperal creatures, reguardless of type. This can only do a maximum of 5d6 damage.

Nanite Regeneration; As the factorys go into high gear, one of the Tech Sage's most powerful abillitys kick in. Now, sure, a Tech Sage might nbe hard to destroy, but the recovery process takes a while. But now? You gain fast healing equal to your base Int mod.

Advanced Nanite factory; This is the pinnicle of factory effecincy. Your daily checks are replaced with hourly checks, and Factory I and Factory II apply to it. Your weekly checks are replaced with daily checks, and the weekly check bonuses from factory I and II apply to these checks.

The World of Tomorrow, today!; The Tech Sage notices something. Yes, they have acess to a treasure trove of technology, but have they released any of it? Have they yet managed to bring about a new age? A age where magic is dead, and technology rules? No, not yet. So, you need to teach people to use higher technology! By spending a total of 10 hours with a target, you can give them the benifits of your PL+X abillity. The first time you give them a lesson, it's PL+1. The tenth gives them PL+2. It takes 100 lessons to reach PL+3, and so on. If you spend addtional time equal to half again the lesson time, the target will also be able to teach others.