PDA

View Full Version : OP Devil's Call [IC]

Tsumeken
2012-09-11, 12:08 PM
In the world there are many places to explore. Lands to be found, ruins to conquer, settlements to claim. One such place was the land merely known as Hollow Island. This out of the norm Isle was mostly choked with brush, it's secrets hidden by a high canopy and thick undergrowth. Even here though is civilization, a dingy bar hides under the shadows of the trees and rocks. Inside are the few who have braved the world and it's mysteries, some pirates, others were merely adventurous or curious.

The door flung open as the patrons turned, new blood had arrived, but how long would they last.

((Please post with your character's version of entering the bar))

VirgoBushin
2012-09-11, 12:21 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

Hollow Island .... just the mere name sounded like a damn good place to go hunting for bounties. A secret part of her hoped there may even be a few marines here also, though gods they better be a bit more of a challenge than the past few she'd encountered. The last several had been very disappointing and that was only the kind word to use to them. "....Disappointing? Tch, more like pathetic ...." She murmured softly, correcting herself under her breath.

Taverns, thankfully, were almost always one of the easiest places to spot no matter what island one was on. The second her eyes found them, a smirk crossed her lips. Pulling her hair up into a tight ponytail, she patted her katana at her right hip, first ensuring that was still beside her. Once the feeling of the sheath was reassured, she gave a light nod to herself before finally walking inside.

Some very well may have known her; others not. She didn't give much of a damn regardless. She did have rules ... just her own as it were. The ones the so-called Marines were supposed to be enforcing were laughable and the men themselves even moreso. A very light and barely audible "Hmph ...." was all that left the arrogant teenager as she easily felt stares upon her. Sometimes it was a good thing, especially from men, but now wasn't one of those times she could feel. Though that was something she needed to look for later.

Mentally adding the chore upon her to-do list, her eyes immediately gazed ahead of her. She didn't see any reason to introduce herself; especially if a few did indeed know of her. Her gaze went to look for anyone whom could land her quite a bit of money. She still had some left over, yes. But for her, whether in finances or other aspects, there was no such thing as too much for her.

Spot check:
[roll0]

Astro_sol
2012-09-11, 12:21 PM
Thomas saw the bar and smelled the scent of adventure. Or alcohol and piss. But he also felt a need to grab a drink and settle down from the fact that there were a bunch of scary people here. He was sure he could handle them, though. Either that or run far away very quickly.

So he puffed out his mediocre chest and straightened his back as he strode into the bar, trying to keep his eyes up. This could suck. This could really really suck.

It sucked. Everyone was looking at him. Oh ****, oh ****, oh ****, oh ****

"Uh...hi," he managed, slightly raising an arm. When they kept staring at him, he moved the hand to adjust his headband. He smiled nervously and moved to find an empty seat next to the bar.

He really needed a freaking drink.

Elbeyon
2012-09-11, 12:44 PM
A heavily armored women pushes her way through the door, red wispy hairs trail her as makes her way towards an outward table. The chair beneath her creeks as she sits; her gaze seems to be locked straight forward.

Not even sure why she came to this horrid place, she entered a daze like state thinking of her future plans.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-11, 12:52 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

A very soft and content sigh left her lips. Either no one had noted, recognized, care or best yet ... all of the above her appearance. This only made times like now so much easier. She loved and hated it at the same time. It definitely took away the challenge and at times that was annoying; as much as seeing how weak the Marines truly were. But with the stares from the bar, she couldn't help but wonder ... how many of these people may be allied with one another? Enough to make her go about this a more tactical way than rushing in.

Slowly walking and sitting at the bar, she got a close as she could to Dae without seeming suspicious. Clearing her throat to get the barkeep's attention, she pulled at her purposely slightly tight clothes, especially the top and pants. "A drink .... quickly if you don't mind." She added.

Men, pirates or not, almost always had one easy flaw. Well a couple but one in particular was letting their eyes go to any woman they thought appealing. Sometimes younger was better and with the quick study she'd done from entering, she already knew she was the youngest or one of them for sure.

Tsumeken
2012-09-11, 12:58 PM
The man at the bar hands out drinks to the two sitting at the counter. Most of the bar going back to their discussions of whatever they may be.

((There are three large tables here, each having their own group of people at it, the first table is the one Aiya is seated nearest to. It contains two men acting quite boisterously. The second table contain two men who appear to be discussing something rather secretively. The last has a single man surrounded by about 3 girls hanging off of him as he speaks and is all smiles. So pick your poison on what you do here. listen checks or just talking to them))

VirgoBushin
2012-09-11, 01:03 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

Though it wasn't necessarily her favorite practice, she did have patience. It'd seem too weird if she instantly seemed so intrigued at complete strangers so quickly. She'd try to let Dae come to her first. Until then, however, she would 'watch' him from afar ... with her ears. Silently sipping her drink, she tried to listen in on what he and the others were speaking of exactly. May be useless ... but who knew? Not her. "Not yet anyways ...." She murmured silently, her smirk widening.

Listen:
[roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-11, 01:10 PM
T'aella looked towards the door as the new group entered, her hooded cloak obscuring her body except for her hand, which was on a glass of what looked like wine, a clear, cherry red liquid. In all honesty, it was just dyed water, she never drank alcohol. She turned back to look over the room, no one had hit on her, mainly because she set up the area around her with her akuma no mi, anyone coming close to her had something unfortunate happen to them. It took a while for them to realize who she was, her name was well known in the region, T'aella "Enchantress" Ne'cota. She didn't care for the name really.

Those that knew of her steered clear, and those that didn't, soon learned. Really the only people that could approach her when she was like this were those with no ill intent towards her, of any kind, even mischievous. Some were looking at her, probably contemplating gettign her bounty, and her, for some of their own entertainment, but her reputation kept them at bay for the time being... Pirate sanctioned Bounties rarely ever were paid, unlike Marine sanctioned ones.

Astro_sol
2012-09-11, 01:22 PM
Thomas began sipping at his drink, frowning at the burn going down his throat. He'd never been much of a drinker. He noted the numerous pretty women in the bar, and couldn't help but let his eyes linger, especially on the one that everyone else was either staring or glaring at. He hadn't really heard of many of the people here, but sometimes his father's - the thought made him grimace - customers talked while waiting for their ship to be finished.

Listen check. Wisdom gives +3, 6 ranks, total +9. [roll0]

Tsumeken
2012-09-11, 01:31 PM
Aiya:
Dae seems to be talking about taking in a big haul lately and that he has enough to retire now from pirating after his last excursion.

Thomas:
As you listen in you hear different discussions happening around you, the main one coming from the man surrounded by the beauties (who have caught your attention) He seems to be a merchant dealing in alcohol and thanks to this place being in such dire need makes a killing on the stuff.

The door opens as a man steps in his face is quite rugged and he carries a large coffin behind him as it drags along the ground. he is dressed as if for a funeral with a large top hat on his head, he takes a seat at a lone table back near T'aella's location but not within her sphere of influence.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-11, 01:36 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

Her fingers tapped lightly against the glass. Maybe she should follow and ambush him when he left his company then if he had that much? Already that could easily add up to 100k beli, probably more. The sounds of another entrance made her head turn and her eyes widen a bit. A name left her lips, albeit in a very low whisper. "....Saku ....." So help her if that son of a b.itch dared tried to steal Dae mainly, she would make him pay. They'd run into another in the midst of catching bounties before. Sometimes she'd gotten the more profitable ones, other times he did. Regardless, it was beginning to annoy her more than amuse her. Letting her eyes linger for a bit longer upon him, her head finally looked away after a while. There would be no sense in gathering attention to her now. Saku would ruin everything for her if he dared mention her name here and now.

Astro_sol
2012-09-11, 01:38 PM
Thomas eyed the beauties at the table for several seconds before making a decision and downing his drink.

Did he feel ready? No, but at that rate then he never would. He stepped forward and made his move by...chickening out.

"You sell booze?" he asked the man with the ladies. "'S it any good?"

He tried to keep his eyes off the coffin.

Elbeyon
2012-09-11, 01:39 PM
The loud coffin dragger snaps her out of her sweet dreams, and her once glazy eyes lock onto him. Her lips press together almost as if pouting as she looks him over. Maybe this place isn't so bad after all, with guys like this even I might go unnoticed.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-11, 02:10 PM
T'aella turns to look at the newcomer, and narrows her eyes, odd how he chose the right spot to be just outside her range, may be coincidence, but it was still odd. She turned back to her drink and drinks the last of it before standing and heading out of the Bar. She would have to leave soon, she wasn't comfortable here, she needed to find a place she could at least let down her guard a little.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-11, 02:49 PM
Jake is walking as his eyes turn to see the entrance of the bar. A small grin forms in his face with the many possibilities that cross his mind. This looked like the kind of place someone like Jake could hang around and maybe even offer his special kind of service.

Jake gets inside and takes a look around. He doesnt care about any possible attention he may get as he walks towards the bartender and sits as soon as he finds a place. "I want something....strong." He shows his big pointy teeth in a creepy grin. Then, he turns around and waits for his order to come.

Tsumeken
2012-09-11, 03:32 PM
The man looks over a pair of shades at Thomas, "Yeah it's alright, sometimes you get bad stuff going down, but it pays well to deliver booze out to dangerous places, it's lifeblood for some pirates almost."

As T'aella moves to leave the sound of rushing feet can be heard rushing around the bar, a brief sound of a siren erupts from the silence that once encompassed the perimeter.

"Pirates! Fiends! Surrender yourselves peacefully and no harm will come to you! We are formally placing you under arrest by order of the world government!"

As the loudspeakers blaring announcement fades a large black/brownish drink lands next to Jake at the counter.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-11, 03:49 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

A very annoyed scoff left her lips. Couldn't they have shown up after she had turned one of the bounties in? "Tch ... annoying pricks ..." She murmured, sighing as she stood. Ah well, she had hoped for a better fight against some Marines. Well ... here was her chance it seemed. The footsteps had hinted even the back exits had probably been covered so ... how to go about this?

Tapping her fingers against the hilt of her katana lightly, it seemed like a temporary lose-lose. Waiting for them to come to her may be bad given she had no definite idea on an exact number. But rushing out wouldn't be as wise ... would it? They wouldn't see that coming; that was for sure. But ... again the number factor kept making her remain in for now. "Oh decisions decisions ....."

Another sigh left but this time her glimpse went silently up to Saku, giving him a silent 'Got ideas on how to do get through this and wanna work together for now?' gaze. They'd been around one another long enough ... she was pretty sure he'd get the idea. This situation, she knew, would not be much better for him either. With that knowledge, she hoped it'd be enough for him to agree. This much was sure ... she wouldn't be able to get those bounties; not now that the idiotic Marines had shown up. It'd only be a matter of time before they began calling out names or personally going after certain people; so she'd focus on getting out of this alive and unrestrained. She'd yet to feel sea stone around her wrists and wanted to keep it that way for a while if she could help it.

Astro_sol
2012-09-11, 03:59 PM
If Thomas had been carrying his drink, he would have dropped it. However, he wasn't, so all he did was start muttering profanities. He'd listened well to pirates as a child.

"****! I'm not a bloody pirate!" he said to no one in particular, his eyes turned slightly upwards and his hands in his hair. "But I can't run. But maybe..." He rubbed his fingers together, betraying a slight shine. Maybe he could fight. But there were probably a lot of Marines. He held no particular love for them, and if they were going to arrest him just for being here...and there were a lot of pirates here...

He returned to cursing quietly as he walked back to the bar."One more for the road, sir?"

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-11, 04:38 PM
T'aella sighs, "this is going to be annoying," she says as she pulls her pistol, then turns to the rest of the room, "...anyone here think they could break through with a little luck?" she asks, holding up her other hand, which was coated in black, violet, and navy blue flames, the visual manifestation of her curse powers.

Astro_sol
2012-09-11, 04:42 PM
Thomas' ears perked at the woman's words. He turned and saw her holding dark flames. That wasn't normal. Was she perhaps another fruit user?

Well she didn't seem to care. Also, she was hot. He stepped up to her and let his fist glisten, holding it forward.

"It's worth a shot, pretty miss. I'll fight with you." He grinned, although he was desperately trying to keep his legs from shaking. He wasn't necessarily afraid of the Marines, not really. Just afraid of eventually getting shipped home. Or rot in prison.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-11, 04:43 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

This was now one of the few times her patience had finally faded. She couldn't wait for Saku forever; and she knew the Marines sure as hell wouldn't do that favor back. Turning towards the other female voice, her smirk widened more. "Think?" Her head shook no as she slowly unsheathed her katana, going beside her. "The word 'failure' doesn't exist in my dictionary; never has and it never will. I'll join you ... they're already on my ass anyways. May as well take the chance while I've got it."

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-11, 04:54 PM
"Well then, my abilities should make it all the easier," she says, smirking lightly, "might want to get ready to move, the moment I fire I'm heading out," she lays a hand on the ground and sends the cursed fire through the ground to sit under the marines outside, then stands and aims her dark blue pistol and waits a moment for the others get ready.

Readied Action to dash out and fire at anyone in her cursed zone once everyone is ready.

Astro_sol
2012-09-11, 04:57 PM
Thomas turned to face the door and simply raised both hands, with two fingers on each hand extended to mimic pistols.

"They'll regret mistaking me for a pirate and trying to arrest me."

I don't think there are any real actions I can take, besides aiming I guess. Waiting to Lock On to someone.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-11, 04:59 PM
Jake finished his drink quickly as he heard the womanīs words. "I like the way you think, mylady. You can count me in." He replied as he stood back. He then took out his daggers. He wasnt going to risk it with the marines especially not considering his race. He would do anything to stay safe at any possible chance.

Applying poison (venom and insecticide) to daggers. Doesnt need a roll, does it?

Tsumeken
2012-09-12, 02:33 AM
The rest of bar seems to take their own stance on being ready to fight with the many patrons and even the bartender himself reaching down and retrieving weapons.

~Meanwhile outside~ (this purely for as if watching anime purposes)
"Sir, are...are we sure that we know what we're doing here, I mean not to question your orders but... I mean shouldn't we have brought more backup."
A large man stares back at the groveling marine, "Heh, and let them take all the glory, fat chance, this is my way to a promotion. Once we take this place I'll make commander for sure."
*Mumbled* "That's great for you but what about the rest of us."

With all the preparations made the bar's patrons rise up in a racous roar before charging out the door.

Marine Battle (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At-_Mg1KxDqZdDB0NXZZN2pCTEwxZXEyNnJOUG45Y2c#gid=0)

(battle is allowed to be edited without login, go ahead and place yourself where you want to be but try to remain near the bar [the X's near the bottom])

Rolling Marine init

Commander [roll0]
Marine Group [roll1]

VirgoBushin
2012-09-12, 02:45 AM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

"Move?" Her smirk merely widened more at the Kuja's words. "I can do much better; I'll keep them occupied long enough for you to get your abilities ready." Her blood rushed as she ran out, feeling adrenaline begin to over. She didn't normally like using her sleeping gas pellets ... but she really didn't want to bother with these lower-ranks lest she absolutely had to anyways. Pulling one out and holding it in her left hand, she ran out. Whistling towards the Marines to get their attention, she gave a mock wave. "Got a gift for you boys~" She teased before tossing down the pellet, putting her right arm in front of her face, especially near the nose and mouth.

Init: [roll0]
Ranged/Tossing the Pellet (Aimed towards H7): [roll1]

KingOfLaughter
2012-09-12, 04:28 AM
Hearing the commotion and the loud speakers of the marines Buck turns, "So the marines are here too eh? Guess I'm going to have me some fun." Cracking his knuckles Buck runs toward the sounds, his foot falls echoing loudly and shaking the ground, crashing through smaller trees, and crushing small brush.

Astro_sol
2012-09-12, 06:10 AM
As everyone else rushed to get out the door, Thomas let himself keep a controlled pace. This was partially to keep himself calm, and partially to look badass. Still, the steady pace helped him control his breathing and calm down to analyze the situation outside. He took a spot next to the brown haired swordswoman who seemed so confident in herself and looked at each Marine gathered to apprehend them. Then he grinned as he pointed his finger at the largest, scariest Marine he could spot.

It was a good thing that they couldn't see him sweating; just as he ignored the coffin dude, he did his best to ignore the gigantic footfalls approaching. This day was getting more and more insane every passing minute.

Initiative: [roll0]
Actions are to move next to Aiya and Lock On to a big, bad dude (guessing the Commander).

Elbeyon
2012-09-12, 06:39 AM
Yuki makes her way outside to see what the racket is about. Seeing the small lot of marines she kinda feels sorry for them. Surely their should be more of them for attacking a pirate heaven. She tugs at the sheathe at her side and removes the blade from within. Small vapors of steam rise off the blade, while frost moves down towards the hilt.

Initiative
[roll0]
Charging guard at F8 or the closest remaining guard when my turn comes up.
[roll1]

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-12, 11:20 AM
T'aella dashes out with the others and opens fire with her pistol, aiming at the highest ranked official, or at least the one that looked like one. She channels some haki into the bullets to try and end this quickly.

Busoshoku Haki Stance Up (+3 to Damage)

Ranged Shot: [roll1]
Ranged Shot: [roll2]

Crit Confirm: [roll3]
Crit Confirm: [roll4]

Damage: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-12, 12:27 PM
"Well, it is time for me to change. Prepare yourselves!" Jake grows bigger as his skin gets covered in gray fur and both a snout, claws, and a tail appear. Most of his fishman features have disappeared except the teeth, the gills and the two spots around his face.

Changing to Hybrid form stance. +2 Str +2 Dex, +20 spd
Jake is in J10, I tried to put it. But it keeps erasing itself.

Tsumeken
2012-09-12, 01:24 PM
The pellet explodes in the center of the marine group ahead of Aiya cough and gag as they fall to the ground unconcouis. Having no defenses against her the icy maiden is able to thrust easily into the sleeping form killing one the marines.

Thomas is able to catch the commander in his sights as T'aella fires her gun impacting the large man as he cries out in pain.

"Grrgh, this is not how it was supposed to be.." He turns to flee while his men cover his back.

Marine Attacks
Vs. Aiya

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]
Vs T'aella

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]
vs Jake

[roll8]

[roll9]

As the Commander runs he suddenly looks up as the area darkens around him.

"AHHHH!!!!!"

a large, colossal form erupts from the tree line onto the field.

Astro_sol
2012-09-12, 01:51 PM
Thomas gulped at the sight of the incoming giant. However, it looked like the Commander would "deal with it". With that, he abandoned focusing on the Commander and turned his attention the Marines in front of him, who were either asleep or dealing with these crazy awesome harpies that he'd teamed up with.

So he aimed at the two men sleeping and double tapped them both in the head.

Don't think I need rolls.

KingOfLaughter
2012-09-12, 01:52 PM
Catching the commander by surprise Buck instantly turns and tries to grab him so as to use him as a convenient foot rest.

Grapple check

[roll0]

VirgoBushin
2012-09-12, 02:04 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

"Excuse me...." She murmured as she rushed past Thomas, running up to one of the closer and more alive Marines. Her smirk widened as she arrived. Ah this was going so very smoothly ... she loved and hated it all the same. She was getting what she wanted, yes. But she was also getting it a bit too easily. Oh well ... she'd figure a way to make up for that later. Giving the Marine she was facing a mock salute this time, she then swung her katana with all her might at him.

Swinging at the Marine (K8): [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-12, 02:15 PM
T'aella dodges around the attacks with practiced ease, charging forward firing off two more water bullets at the enemy, this time aiming for one of the grunts.

Ranged Shot: [roll0]
Ranged Shot: [roll1]

Crit Confirm: [roll2]
Crit Confirm: [roll3]

Damage: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

9 more rounds of Busoshoku Haki Stance

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-12, 02:16 PM
Jake, annoyed by the marine, decides its the time to attack back. "Letīs see if you like this." He then raises his two daggers and attacks.

Weapon attack right: [roll0]
Weapon attack left: [roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Tsumeken
2012-09-13, 11:43 AM
The daggers bite into the marine as the other near him is cut down, the armored knight rushes forth and expels a blast of ice from her facemask blinding the other two

The commander wiggles hard trying to escape but to no avail against the giants grip.

"Let go of me you oaf! Don't you know who I am!!"

The wounded marines are starting to try and flee, although the blinded ones are stumbling a bit since they cannot see.

KingOfLaughter
2012-09-13, 11:50 AM
Laughing at his response, Buck weighs his options. Then, staring him directly in the eye, says "Why should I even care, Hmm..? Are you some important figure? Why not just crush you and move on to the rest of your crew...?

Turning to the marines, Buck shouts "Drop your weapons or your commander here will become a nice gooey past for me to cook with!"

Intimidate roll just in case.
[roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-13, 11:53 AM
"A jackass," T'aella says, replacing her curse directly onto the unfortunate marine, "let's go, this fight is over," she says.

Tsumeken
2012-09-13, 11:54 AM
The marines are in no position to even bluff a strong face at this moment having had their butts liberally kicked but the bars occupants.

From the beach comes the sound of a few explosions, the other fights must be finishing up as well.

Astro_sol
2012-09-13, 11:57 AM
Thomas flexed his hands as he surveyed the battlefield.

He had just murdered two Marines.

...Putting that thought aside for now - his adrenaline was pumping, and he hadn't really gotten to show off - he flash stepped forwards, then to the side until he made it to the giant and the Commander, leaving light trails behind him.

"So? Who are you? 'Cause you kind of suck."

KingOfLaughter
2012-09-13, 12:20 PM
While turning his hand upside down, Buck looks at the new arrival, "I hope you mean this idiot, and not me, little man."

Tsumeken
2012-09-13, 12:26 PM
"Wahh!!!" The man cries out as he is flipped upside down, a few coins and trinkets falling from his person to the ground

1500 Beli, a small jeweled gun, a few nondescript badges of standings.

"I..I am Liutenient Johannes! And if you .. if you don't put me down I'll...*Hyurk*" His face turns a bit green

Astro_sol
2012-09-13, 12:28 PM
Oh ho ho ho ****.

Thomas gulped as he looked up at the giant, but kept up his facade fueled by endorphines. "Do I look like the kind of dumbass that would call someone as tall as a building an idiot?" Desperately hoping that satisfied him, the young man pointed to the Commander. "I want you, you halfwit, pig-headed pathetic excuse for a Marine, to tell me what the hell this is all about, or I start poking holes."

Then he dashed forward and back with lightning speed to retrieve the jeweled gun that fell from his pocket. He stood appraising it casually. "Nice, by the way. Mine."

KingOfLaughter
2012-09-13, 12:31 PM
Buck turns the man upside right, "I'm sorry, my mother always taught me not to play with my food, yet I always do..."

Turning to bold man Buck chuckles, "I hoped as much, but it can't hurt to be sure."

VirgoBushin
2012-09-13, 12:48 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

Scoffing at the sight of the Commander being held, she catches up with the giant and the other male. "The Kuja's right ... we've won this fight. If you really want to keep him to ensure we can get a ship without being bothered fine. But otherwise, let's get the hell out. I've had enough experience with Marines to say this much; they don't usually have much patience. The second this gets reported, they will get back-up here. A hell of a lot stronger than what we've faced. While I admit the idea is intriguing to see how well I could test myself ... " Her head shook no slowly. "Not yet .... I can wait to try that. Right now, let's go. Or hell at least I'm gonna ...."

Finishing giving her input, she then began running for the docks. Marine ship or not, she was ready to board anything that would hold her well enough. And, of course, whomever decided to be smart and join. Something told her the Kuja would be a definite yes but aside from her ... she wasn't going to assume anyone else would be joining her. Keeping her katana firmly held as she ran along with her eyes and ears alert, for any who may try to be 'a hero' at the last second, a ship or both ... she felt herself going into a 'focus' mode. The adrenaline rush she'd had for a while was helping it even more now.

KingOfLaughter
2012-09-13, 01:03 PM
Buck calls after the running lady, "You know if you really think they'll come back in force you'll probably want us to help you, which means I'll need something large enough to carry me, and I doubt marines just happen to have that, so why not hide out in my cave, while we make one, than leave?"

Astro_sol
2012-09-13, 01:22 PM
Thomas watched the woman run off with a blank expression, but he brightened when the giant spoke.

"You want to keep working together? I'm a shipwright, ships are my ****. Meet me at the docks, you're all too slow. I'll see if I can find something workable." With that, he bolted for the docks at full speed, becoming a stream of light as he ran.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-13, 01:52 PM
Jake had remained silent most of the time because he had enjoyed the battle. He put his daggers away satisfied of the battle. "This sure felt great." He declared. "I like these guysīs style. I suppose I better go to the docks too." Once again, he changed his shape to become a grey wolf before running after the women and the lightning fast man.

KingOfLaughter
2012-09-13, 02:00 PM
Sighing at the fact that everyone wanted to leave, buck looked at the commander, "Hold your lunch..", then ran after the others, avoiding stepping on anyone, that's not a marine.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-13, 02:06 PM
"We'll need your help bringing the lumber to your cave if we want to build anything, best thing to use is the Marine ships," T'aella says, dashing forward.

Tsumeken
2012-09-13, 02:13 PM
AS you all arrive at the docking area near the beach you spot 5 ships.... well 5 ships approximately. The ships were broken and floating as debris, the man form the bar with the large coffin stood at the end of the pier, he seemed to be re-chaining the casket shut.

KingOfLaughter
2012-09-13, 02:14 PM
Buck grins, "Show me what to carry, I'll carry it. As for any other lumber, there is a nice set of trees on the island."

VirgoBushin
2012-09-13, 02:20 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

A low sigh left at the sight of Saku. Even she didn't fully understand what exactly it was about him that always seemed to get her attention. The semi-rival relationship they had? No that felt too obvious. It seemed like ... something else. But she couldn't put her finger on it at the moment. Motioning for the others to go ahead in case he was feeling as restless as herself, she walked closer. She knew perfectly well she could handle herself .... especially against him if needed.

"Getting outta here also hm, Saku-kun?" She asked, giving him a smirk as she watched him work on closing the coffin. Letting her left hand slowly point toward the other ships to hint for the others to focus on that goal while she spoke to him, her right kept her katana by her side. It'd stay there .... for now.

Astro_sol
2012-09-13, 02:27 PM
Thomas skidded to a stop as he saw the carnage apparently wrought by coffin man. His adrenaline was still flowing as he gathered himself.

"Dude!" he shouted, his hands in his hair. "Did you have to leave me with scraps?"

VirgoBushin
2012-09-13, 02:35 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

Gives Thomas a nod of her head no, her smirk widening at his words. "Lest he changed his preferences and tastes ... that wasn't him. That was more likely than not something or someone else. I will talk to him. Go with the others to look for something still complete. We have a history we need to catch up on." Even the whole time she spoke, her eyes never went off Saku. No ... she knew better than to do something foolish like that. That often led to horrid results ... and she wasn't about to do anything idiotic.

KingOfLaughter
2012-09-13, 02:38 PM
Seeing the wreckage, Buck laughed, "Alright who's helping me carry all this back?", at that he started grabbing what he could with one hand and putting it on land, trying to prevent things from sinking too much.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-13, 02:44 PM
"Big guy, grab as much of the wood and keiroseki as you can, that stuff is useful," T'aella says to the giant as they arrive, "make sure to grab sail materials too."

She turns to the light man, "You and me can work on the ship, I may not be a shipwright but I'm good at building things."

Astro_sol
2012-09-13, 02:45 PM
Thomas watched as the woman walked off to speak to the coffin creep. He raised both hands into rude gestures.

"Well, fine! Go be all mysterious then! I'll just be over here, you know, building a ship. My ship. If you want a ride off this island, then either come help or go find some other pirate group to follow." His body turned, but his head stayed where it was, yelling in her direction. "It's not because you ordered me to or anything!" As he turned his head back around, he noticed the giant already gathering supplies. "I can't, uh, swim out there, so I wouldn't be much help. You could just drag it all onto the shore and we could grab some from there."

Ah, work. That could keep him busy for a bit. And take his mind off of the men whose families would be waiting for them.

Yeah...

After his little speech, he noted that the woman with all the purple fire was talking to him. He gave her a smirk, but he was already feeling his fires cooling. "Yeah, you can help. We can grab some junk once Giant Bro brings us some supplies on shore."

Tsumeken
2012-09-13, 02:51 PM
Saku sighs as he turns back to Aiya, "Yes.. I'm leaving, I have things to do..." He backs to the end of the pier as he extends a hand, the space infront of him begins to twist and implode as the wood near the peir pulls into a black vortex, crushing together before he expels it in the form of a raft.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-13, 02:57 PM
"And me? I want to leave before the marines come for my head." Jake replied in his wolf form to the Kuja. "I work as a doctor mostly but I can do a few other things..".

VirgoBushin
2012-09-13, 02:58 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

Shakes her head as watches his 'trick' of sorts. "Don't we all, Saku-kun dear?" She murmured, turning with a sigh as Thomas's words echoed in her mind. Lords he was certainly an impatient one ... ah well. She was used to that. That, then again, was one good reason she was so very selective on her ... 'company' for a lack of better wording. "Don't be a complete stranger ..." She murmured softly before heading to the others, looking among the wreckage.

"Alright alright boy I'm here .... " Still looking at the mess, an inward sigh left her. Building was not her forte at all. Killing and hunting were. Keeping her katana held, her back slowly turned. "I'll watch your backs if you don't mind. With how much time it may take, I'll ensure no one tries to ambush any of us. That'd be the last thing we need ... one of them anyways. That suffice for you? Or would you want me to try for more? I will say this much ... building isn't my forte. I can try but you'll probably have better luck from the others than me... hence why I am offering to do what I'm best with." Her back staying turned as she waited for his response, her eyes looked out at the sea, watching as Saku began to leave.

KingOfLaughter
2012-09-13, 03:04 PM
Buck turns to Aiya, "can you hold, or tie up, this squirmy bastard for me? I want to... Hehe interrogate him later, but right now he's making it a little hard to work..."

VirgoBushin
2012-09-13, 03:10 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

Another chuckle left as her smirk widened. "Can I? Hell yes ...." Her head shook lightly as she gazed to the pathetic Lieutenant. "Lower him a bit so I can reach if you don't mind though." Yes she was taller than most women her age; but not nearly as much compared to the giant. Sheathing her katana away, her hands got ready to grasp the Marine.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-13, 03:12 PM
"I'm an archaeologist and inventor, call me T'aella, by the way," she says, "pirates on the island call me the Enchantress. I can keep him cursed so it's harder for him to get away."

KingOfLaughter
2012-09-13, 03:13 PM
Coming to a knee, Buck lowered the marine to the girl, "Feel free to hit him a bit, I just need him conscious later."

Astro_sol
2012-09-13, 03:21 PM
Thomas gave the curse lady a grin. "T'aella, then. Pretty. I'm Thomas. A pleasure." And with that, he began to look out at the wreckage, hoping for a salvageable keel. If the ship didn't have an intact keel, they were sunk before they started.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-13, 03:25 PM
Seeing as the others presented themselves. "I suppose I should present mysel too. I am Jake. "

VirgoBushin
2012-09-13, 03:26 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

"Thanks for the offer but that side of me isn't kicking in quite yet. Maybe later ...." She mused. The second the Marine was in range, her hands grabbed his wrists firmly as she pulled them behind his back. She kept them upon his skin before a shape began to wrap around him. When it all finished, a pair of secure manacles, that seemed to have no lock, were keeping the Marine held. "There you go. He won't be going or doing anything anytime soon ... not like that." Smiling at her handiwork, she resumed watching for any others, occasionally looking from the corner of her eye to check how the progress on the ship was going along.

KingOfLaughter
2012-09-13, 03:30 PM
No longer having the hindrance, Buck goes back to hauling things out of the depths, pulling out everything made of wood, and occasionally large pieces of dirt from under the water, when he's finished he pulls out a rock and throws it farther in to the sea.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-13, 03:32 PM
"Remember to grab the keiroseki, the blue stones, it's useful stuff."

KingOfLaughter
2012-09-13, 03:34 PM
"Right, right, let me look." Buck turns back to the sea floor, looking for the ladies, blue stone.

Astro_sol
2012-09-13, 04:21 PM
"Alright alright boy I'm here .... " Still looking at the mess, an inward sigh left her. Building was not her forte at all. Killing and hunting were. Keeping her katana held, her back slowly turned. "I'll watch your backs if you don't mind. With how much time it may take, I'll ensure no one tries to ambush any of us. That'd be the last thing we need ... one of them anyways. That suffice for you? Or would you want me to try for more? I will say this much ... building isn't my forte. I can try but you'll probably have better luck from the others than me... hence why I am offering to do what I'm best with." Her back staying turned as she waited for his response, her eyes looked out at the sea, watching as Saku began to leave.

Thomas, torn suddenly from his wondering, couldn't help from letting his eyes wander up and down the katana chick.

"Well. That's technically helping." He struck out a hand. "The name's Thomas, missy miss. And you are?" They were helpless. You could've just left them. He blinked.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-13, 07:16 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

"Heh, alright then, Thomas. As for myself ...." Her smirk widened as she slowly bound her hair up in a tight ponytail. "I am Headhuntress Aiya." She would leave it at that much for now. She wouldn't be completely stupid and say everything about her. If some already knew of her, that was one thing. But it would have been another if they realized exactly whom she was and used that knowledge - or tried to - against her. She'd had a few calls like that before .... and it was why she usually was a loner. Regrettably though, she had no idea how many bullets and attacks she honestly could have dodged from that last fight before it all had taken it's toll on her. She was good sure ... but not yet flawless. But hell if she wouldn't ever get there. She'd surpass those from the past whom had been good in swordsmanship .... especially names like Mihawk and Roronoa Zoro. Her age already was a good start; now she needed the rest of the skills to come to her.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-13, 07:41 PM
"The bounty hunter?" T'aella asks, raising an eyebrow, "few of the pirates after my head mentioned you before. Glad you're on our side for now."

Astro_sol
2012-09-13, 07:41 PM
"Heh, alright then, Thomas. As for myself ...." Her smirk widened as she slowly bound her hair up in a tight ponytail. "I am Headhuntress Aiya."

"Cool. Moniker. Nifty." He picked up a stone and threw it; enhanced with lightspeed, the stone skipped several times across the water. "I haven't really gotten out into the world yet. But I know ships inside and out." He squinted his eyes and looked out at the giant carrying the lumber. "Yeah, I think I can whip us up something out of this. But it's gonna take a few days if you want something workable, longer if you want fancy. But Marines keep good material, from the ships my dad worked on. This is good stuff." He smiled weakly. They were good men. "Should be some Seastone under there if I'm not mistaken."

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-13, 07:59 PM
Jake grunted feeling ignored from the conversation. "Hey Giant! Let me help you. Put some material on my back."

VirgoBushin
2012-09-13, 08:18 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

Giving not much more than a silent nod to the other woman, an inward sigh was heard in her mind. To be more exact, she didn't hunt pirates nearly as much as Marines. Both, yes but she definitely had a preference if she could help it. And as of late, she'd leaned towards Marines. One of the exceptions had been in the bar but by now .... he was probably gone. Tch, annoying ass Marines ... She silently cursed, another sigh - though this time aloud - leaving her lips.

"....Workable will suffice for me. Then again, I'm not overly picky on transportation." Finishing giving her two cents, she wondered if the others agreed with her mindset on that issue or not. It would probably be one of the few, knowing she was already so very different from the rest. If any had bounties, she doubted theirs was from murdering Marines in cold blood, without a second thought. And because of her beliefs ... she was so radical, unique .... she didn't usually do well with others. Hence it reminded her of why she - again - was generally a loner.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-13, 08:53 PM
"I'll help with the construction," T'aella says, going over to Thomas and helping out where she can.

KingOfLaughter
2012-09-13, 10:10 PM
Having (hopefully) dug out what he needs, Buck buck starts gathering it in to workable piles, "The name's Buck, if you all wouldn't mind, we can take this back to my cave, less you rather work here, but honestly, open shore line is just begging for ambush."

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-13, 11:51 PM
"I agree with the giant..." Jake quickly corrected himself "...with Buck. Working here in the outdoors is almost like begging to the marines to come at us. "

VirgoBushin
2012-09-14, 01:05 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

At first, Aiya hadn't cared too much on the idea of staying near the shore. But as her eyes caught the bound Marine, she began thinking more seriously on Buck's words. "Hm .... and with the fact we have something they may want back ...." Gives a kick to the Lieutenant's back before continuing on. "That'll add on more ... factors and risks. Alright then ... lead on then I say."

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-14, 02:07 PM
T'aella nods, "we should probably do so, a cave is easier to defend, if they don't decide to bring the roof down on us anyway," she says.

KingOfLaughter
2012-09-14, 03:34 PM
Buck chuckles, and than grabs the largest pieces he can find, than the smaller ones, until the piles gone. "After me than!" Buck spins and starts to walk back to where he came from, slowing himself so the shorter folk can keep up.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-15, 05:16 AM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

Roughly grabbing the Lieutenant by an arm and making him stand, Aiya began following behind with the very reluctant Marine. If he tried to move, she shot him glares. "I can just make this worse for you now if you want ...." She warned lowly, her eyes going back to Buck as she resumed walking behind him.

Tsumeken
2012-09-15, 07:50 AM
You arrive with no sign of any new trouble from either marines of priates looking for a fight as you arrive at the large cave,

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-15, 10:53 AM
"Let's get to work, we want this done before the Marines get here or there'll be a manhunt for all of us," T'aella says, getting some of the good pieces of wood and dragging them over to the sid of the cave where there was enough room to work.

Astro_sol
2012-09-15, 11:05 AM
Thomas hated having to slow himself down. These people were so slow, even running. Of course, they had other advantages, and all they'd need to do to beat him would be to catch him off guard.

He pointed at different areas, using a laser to mark different parts of the floor of the cave. "Wood goes here, metals here. I'll sort through it on my own. Uh...was it Buck? Buck, I need to to bring a keel onto the shore. That'll be the backbone."

KingOfLaughter
2012-09-15, 01:07 PM
Buck places the materials as directed, "Make yourselves at home, I'll get what the littleman needs."

VirgoBushin
2012-09-17, 03:05 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

As harshly as she had dragged the Lieutenant inside the cave, she not-so-gently let him go and fall onto the ground. Moving herself close to the entrance but still keeping out of sight, she began keeping true to her word and ensuring the group didn't get ambushed while working on their building. Quietly moving her arms across her chest, her eyes and ears both remained alert, focusing mainly for Marines. Admittingly though, a very small - but still existent - part of her mind was on Saku and not only her job at that moment. Tch, you're probably having more fun than me hm? Lucky son of a b.itch ... Her smirk widened a bit as she leaned against the internal walls of the massive cave, continuing to silently keep watch.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-17, 07:15 PM
Jake decides to turn back to his fishman form now that there wouldnt be any travelling anymore. He doesnt think he would be able to help with the construction of the ship and decides to stay back and watch. "How long have you been living here Buck?" he asks with curiosity.

KingOfLaughter
2012-09-17, 07:55 PM
Buck sat himself down against a wall, and Stoked up his fire again, continuing to cook his meal from earlier. "Most of my life, I learned to live alone at a young age."

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-17, 08:16 PM
Jake was reminded of his family, shadows of his past that he wanted to forget. "I must say I feel a little jealous. I personally wish I never had a family. " He replied back before changing subject. "So, what are you cooking?"

KingOfLaughter
2012-09-17, 08:22 PM
"You should always love your family, never take them for granted. It's a mix of everything I managed to catch, that can provide me enough food, and some extra for later, but I guess you little guys are going to want some too." Buck chuckles at the end, a sad tinge heard deep inside it.

KingOfLaughter
2012-09-18, 12:31 PM
With the food set to cook, Buck stands up and goes to collect the marine bodies, bringing them back to the cave to be looted. "Wolfman, and... You! Blue stone girl, could you sort through these guys? My hands are a little too big to search them properly."

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-18, 12:59 PM
"Alright. Lets se if this men have anything of value." Jake leans downwards and starts looking for anything of value in the bodies.

Search roll:[roll0]

VirgoBushin
2012-09-18, 02:15 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

"Tch, I said my name is Aiya already; not woman. Get that much right ...." Oh yes, she had been very irked to have been called such a low name. Not just because of the wrong name being spoken, but it had forced her to snap out of her thoughts which .... actually had been nice for her to think of. Still, she didn't object to the orders as she got beside Jake and began searching the Marines. "These are just standard low-ranks .... most useful things they will have on them probably are their weapons ...." A smirk crossed her face. "Hm ... I'll take one at any rate. But also ... their uniforms maybe."

Spot check [since I don't have Search and this is the next closest thing]
[roll0]

Tsumeken
2012-09-19, 06:34 PM
Each marine you search (totaling 7) has a sword and a pistol as well as 20 rounds of ammo on them.

(I was waiting for Astro's crat checks on ship but I'll assume taking 20 on it)

2 days pass, with help from Buck the ship is done. (I leave the design to you guys, your ship afterall)

Astro_sol
2012-09-19, 06:57 PM
Thomas wiped his brow and beheld his work. The schooner was complete. 2 days of working until he passed out on the deck, which he had to finish before he let himself sleep at all. The giant, Buck, had been an enormous help, keeping the masts up as he secured them and moving the ship to let him get underneath it to fix some problem pieces. Thomas' own powers had been an enormous help as well; lasers were perfect for deftly cutting both wood and metal.

Light had other uses as well. He hopped down from the ship onto the ground, his unique body gliding down gently.

"Yo, guys and gals! And giant! Everyone gather 'round, I got something important to say." He ignored anything they had to retort. "C'mon, guys, I know we all want to get out of here. I want to get out of here. However, I just built a ship. I'm kind of tired. Now, it's ready to go except for one thing: we need a name. Like I said, tired. So you all need to help me come up with a name." He nodded authoritatively, or at least he thought so. "Names're important."

Could I get a reminder of what supplies I had to use? I remember 3 cannons and having Oak.

As for a ship feat, the only useful one I see is Musical Phantom.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-19, 07:37 PM
"I think it should be something simple," T'aella says, ignoring her own lack of sleep, "I'd like to keep away from the color thing common in names, maybe... the Ocean Hunter?"

VirgoBushin
2012-09-19, 07:51 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

Aiya had been so very close to having a small nap after having gone so long without one. The sounds of Thomas speaking up made her groan in annoyance. "Fine fine ...." She murmured, wearily walking and ending up beside the other female. "....Names ...." She mused softly, inwardly sighing. Those were always, for her, much harder with inanimate objects. People .... now that was another story.

The mere suggestion of thinking of a name made her inwardly groan. Giving a nod to T'aella on the simple aspect, she at least tried to help with figuring that out. "....Maybe just Hunter?" She finally suggested. Gods what the hell was Thomas thinking? Asking people to figure this sort of thing out when most, if not all, had almost no sleep? That ... was a dumb idea really. Ah well .... he'd realize this soon enough probably.

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-19, 08:46 PM
Jake started to think carefully about a possible name for their ship. "I am not that good with names but how about the Devilīs Stronghold" he suggested.

Astro_sol
2012-09-19, 10:22 PM
Thomas nodded at the names. "Mm. I was thinking about the Nautilus, but, well, I think naming the ship shouldn't really fall on one person." He looked up at Buck. "What about you? What do you think?" Even if he couldn't fit on the ship, the giant at least deserved to help name the ship.

KingOfLaughter
2012-09-20, 07:45 PM
Buck looks at the ship, "What about The Unexpected Journey?"

Astro_sol
2012-09-20, 08:12 PM
Buck looks at the ship, "What about The Unexpected Journey?"

Thomas scratched his chin.

"Hmmmm. Some good contenders. How's about a vote? I like Buck's, so my money's on that one."

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-20, 08:33 PM
"It sorta explains our situation," T'aella says, "I like Buck's as well, honestly."

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-21, 07:05 AM
"It sorta explains our situation,"

"I guess that is true. I agree lets go with Unexpected Journey" Jake replied.

VirgoBushin
2012-09-21, 04:36 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

Aiya waved a hand wearily, her head lightly shaking. "I'm not gonna be picky right now. Nor does it seem like others are really. Let's go for it assuming the others do also ..." Right now, more than anything, she was ready to collapse once they got upon the ship. Though she did prefer an actual bed, even that she wouldn't be picky with. Against the mast, on the floor ... as long as it was some kinda surface, she was ready to get some sleep.

Astro_sol
2012-09-21, 04:50 PM
Thomas smiled. "The Unexpected Journey it is, then. So." He became a beam of light as he leaped onto the ship, touching down lightly to lean over the railing. "Who's in charge? Cause it ain't me. I'm about to get some shuteye." He'd made himself a small tent on the deck, ready for sleeping.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-21, 05:45 PM
"We'll decide that later, let's just get out of here for now."

VirgoBushin
2012-09-21, 08:54 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

"My fortes .... do not include leading in my list. Someone else can ...." Giving a weary yawn, she walked up onto the ship finally. Honestly ... a part of her had tried to wonder what exactly it had been that made her join these people anyways? She was almost always a loner, with maybe Saku being the exception of this rule. If he'd be not-so-stubborn as herself that was. ...Besides me being pressed for time to get away? She couldn't think of much more ... but shrugged. Maybe this group would prove they could handle themselves. Another - and probably more important question - came to her mind just then. "More importantly, who's driving this? Because I definitely can not do that ...." Sitting against the mast, she let her eyes close, her body already beginning to relax.

Astro_sol
2012-09-21, 09:09 PM
"Welp," said Thomas. "Nighty night," he said, and left a glinting afterimage as he dashed straight into his tent, sliding into his makeshift bed (which was just a few layers of blankets he'd scrounged).

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-21, 09:30 PM
"As long as someone navigates, I can steer it easily enough," T'aella responds, "for now, let's just get out of here before the marines and pirates come after us."

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-22, 07:17 PM
"Agreed. The least I want is to be captured by the marines. Lets leave early in the morning" He suggested as he went back to full wolf form. I was easier to sleep in that form.

Tsumeken
2012-09-29, 07:14 AM
(I'm guessing people are waiting for me so set sail you do. From a bit of ghetto navigation [and threatening of a certain marine commander] you ind out there are two islands near here, one to the west about half a days trip and the other north about two days away)

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-29, 10:57 AM
"We should probably head north, it's farther away, but it will throw the marines off. They'd probably think we'd go to the closest island," T'aella reasons, "we'll need more supplies..."

DaOldeWolf
2012-09-30, 09:18 AM
"Well, I suppose we could take the two day trip but does anyone know anything about the island?" Jake asked with curiosity.

Astro_sol
2012-09-30, 09:29 AM
"Not a clue," replied Thomas from the lookout's post. "But I agree with T'aella, this will throw off the Marines. If it doesn't, well, we'll just work that out when we come to it."

VirgoBushin
2012-09-30, 10:05 AM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

After quite a bit of much needed (and, to her, deserved) rest, Aiya had remained close beside the mast. Personally, she didn't see many more reasons to keep the Marine alive. But it was enough to leave him alone ... for now. Her eyes remained closed as her head nodded no in regards to the island. Though she scoffed inwardly about throwing - or trying to - the Marines off for now, she merely nodded. "Here are some other things we need to consider though. How long do we intend to remain there? After all, we'll only be able to keep the Marines away for so long. Also, when will we be done with him?" She nodded towards the direction of where the bound Marine was. "If anyone has some spare rope or way to keep him bound .... please use that. My fruit's useless as long as he keeps the same manacles I made for him on .... and really we're getting fewer and fewer reasons to keep his body aboard."

Tilting her head up, she began double checking she wasn't forgetting any other questions. "Since the issue was brought up ... supplies. Anyone know how to hunt? I do ... " True it was usually for Marines; but it could easily enough be applied to game and animals when needed. Of course, the first option was more fun usually ... but she digressed. Tapping her right middle and index finger against the hilt of her katana, her head shook no slowly before her fingers snapped. "Has any not consumed a Devil's Fruit? Because ... let's face it. If we all have, well ..." She shrugged lightly. "We're screwed, and definitely not in a good way. At least one of us will need to be able to swim for certain situations. Fishing and gathering for a prime example or two ...." Her head then looked silently among the others as her eyes finally opened, waiting for replies, finally going quiet to let her questions echo through their minds.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-30, 12:41 PM
"I can hunt as well, I can do a little fishing, though I'm not very good without my... bow," she says, looking a little down when she mentions her bow, but she shakes it off quickly, "I think we have one or two people that haven't shown any akuma no mi abilities."

Tsumeken
2012-10-06, 08:10 AM
Rolls of randomness
[roll0]
[roll1]

The trip towards port is uneventful. Whether this is a good or bad thing are your own preferences. The dock is not at all crowded allowing even an inexperienced helmsman could easily maneuver to a pier without fear of collision with other ships. Past the port you can see a moderately sized town, a large clock tower stands in the middle of it as sparse movement of actual villagers is seen.

VirgoBushin
2012-10-06, 09:43 AM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

By now, it was a huge understatement to say Aiya was annoyed. The constant sitting around had not helped so the arrival was a huge relief to her. Now for the last thing to take care of ... Not caring nor minding whom may or may not be guarding the Lieutenant, she deactivated the manacles off him. Not allowing him a chance to retort with any actions or words, she unsheathed her katana, holding it firmly in her hand.

"Now listen up you worthless excuse of a Marine ... I don't give a damn where you go, what you do or say or anything. I'll give you a chance I don't give often. You can leave this boat with us ... and pretend you were never with us. But if I get the slightest hint anytime soon that you've actually ignored my words, I will personally come and hunt your ass down. Do you understand?!"

Intimidate:
[roll0]

Astro_sol
2012-10-06, 10:25 AM
Thomas saw the brown-haired bounty hunter talking to the Marine, but all he directed at them was a slow blink.

He'd had a few days to work out what he'd done. While he still held some regret for the deaths of the Marines, Thomas had to accept that he was a pirate now. After all, hadn't he sworn to never go home? This just finalized it, right?

"Well, I'm hungry. And bored. I'm going out to hear if there's any way to make some money around here. Y'all are welcome to join," he said as he hopped over the side of the ship after it settled into port. He floated down, but didn't show off anymore powers as he began to walk at a fast pace towards the clock tower town.

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-06, 10:58 AM
"I'll join you, with a village this small I doubt we'll run into trouble, but better safe than sorry," T'aella says, jumping down to dock and taking quick strides to catch up, "You have the Pika Pika no Mi, right?" she asks quietly, making sure no one's near enough to hear her ask other than Tom.

Astro_sol
2012-10-06, 11:06 AM
Thomas slowed his pace a bit as the dark skinned woman caught up to him.

"That's right," he answered just as quietly, keeping his face forward and his expression bored. "It was...a bit of an accident. What about you? I saw your...purple fire stuff back on the other island. I've never heard of anything that gives those abilities."

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-06, 11:18 AM
"I call it the Bachi Bachi no Mi, the Curse Curse Fruit, it's kind of hard to explain the specific abilities though," T'aella responds.

Tsumeken
2012-10-06, 11:53 AM
Town: The town seems almost deserted, the shops on the street show the only signs of life as houses seem boarded up and abandoned. Brands mark the doors of some homes depicting a wreath of flowers.

Ship: The Marine sees your Katana and begins sweating as he backs up. "I.I get it I won't tell, I won't I swea~AHhhhhhh!" the marine falls over the rail as he had backed up just a bit to far, landing with a *Sploosh* into the bay as he begins to swim away.

VirgoBushin
2012-10-06, 12:04 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

Her head shook as a low chuckle left her lips. "Baka ..." She murmured, turning to look towards the town now. Part of her didn't want to just from how small it looked. But .. if nothing else, maybe the hopes of food and bounties to make up for the last ... incident encouraged her enough to step off and following the other two.

As she caught up, the sight of the wreathes made her eyes narrow. She'd been c.ocky enough to have gone to some of the funerals she'd caused - in disguise of course - but because of that they weren't completely foreign to her. A few had been used in them ... and already she was hating this island more and more. Quickening her pace to catch up with the others, she cleared her throat to hint she was there before speaking, "....You two do realize those are anything but good signs right?" She asked, nodding to the wreathes mainly though also the town in general really.

Astro_sol
2012-10-06, 12:08 PM
Thomas raised his eyebrows. "Curse Curse Fruit? You're not going to jinx me, are you?" He kept his tone jovial, though; being made of light tended to make one a bit overconfident at times.

Thus, when the brown-haired chick ran up and started talking, he kept up his bravado. "I wasn't really worried about it. I assume you have an idea of what's going on?"

VirgoBushin
2012-10-06, 12:11 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

Her hand tilted in response to Thomas. "I have theories. But for sure, I can say this. Those wreathes ... mean that somehow, people here were massacred. By what, whom, or both is beyond me. But there is a good chance ... the cause may still be here. The only .. or rather, immediate reason it might not is boredom and it left before we arrived. But ... there's still the chance all the same that we may have unfriendly company here."

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-06, 12:12 PM
"Yes, abandoned houses with a brand on them, not really a good sign," T'aella remarks, "but we have to get supplies, otherwise we're not going to make it to the next island. I say we get what we need then leave."

VirgoBushin
2012-10-06, 12:18 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

"Best move probably ..." She agreed lowly with T'aella. Maybe ... this person was a bounty? It'd make this all even more worth the hassle at least. Assuming, moreover, it even was a person. Somewhat regrettably, it could have merely been a natural disaster like a hurricane. But without any definite proof, she was leaving all possibilities open for now. Keeping her eyes open and katana held at her side, she helped with watching for anything - or one - that may try to be hostile, stupid, or both to them all.

Astro_sol
2012-10-06, 01:01 PM
"...You think it may have been the work of other pirates?" Thomas asked. "Well, whatever. I'll ask someone if I see them." He thought about leaping up above the town to survey it, but that could call attention to themselves. On the other hand...

Thomas' eyes turned to the clock tower. "I'mma head that way. I have an idea."

KingOfLaughter
2012-10-06, 01:49 PM
Buck chuckles as everyone heads off, "I'll stay with the ship, cities aren't exactly.. User friendly, if you catch my drift."

VirgoBushin
2012-10-06, 02:09 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

A light shrug left in ersponse to Thomas's guess. "Could be anything from a natural disaster to a pirate to .... worse." A part of her wouldn't be overly astounded if Marines had done this. B.astards were so hypocritical ... saying they uphold the laws only to break them. It was why she was so against them and took her own personal pleasure in hunting them. Partly anyways. Watching him head towards the clock tower, she continued following behind T'aella, partly not wanting to get lost nor ambushed. Not when she had no idea of how the layout of this island was.

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-06, 02:22 PM
"That makes two of us, Buck." Jake replies as he turns back into wolf form. He wants to keep a low profile for the moment.

KingOfLaughter
2012-10-06, 02:54 PM
Laying back in the sand, Buck chuckles a bit, "Glad to have some company Jake."

Tsumeken
2012-10-06, 06:57 PM
Beach:
Lying on the beach you guys spot birds flying above, they don't appear to be the regular seagull as they are black in color

Town square:
T'aella and Aiya see people purchasing small amounts of food and supplies while they walk around town. The villagers give them passing glances looking around at you with wide eyes as you are newcomers to the island.

Clock Tower: The clock tower is the most maintained building here it seems, a large steel door bars the way to the interior stairwell. You think you can see something or someone at the top of the tower, but you definitely see a large number of crows flying around.

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-07, 01:17 AM
"Looks like they're not used to visitors," T'aella says, her cloak obscuring most of her features, though the white braids framing her face did hang out of the hood, "let's go to one of the smaller shops, I've found they tend to have good quality, if not the best quantity. They're also less crowded."

VirgoBushin
2012-10-07, 12:18 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

Giving T'aella a small nod, she murmured, "Fine by me." She was probably right on their view on visitors .... but a part of her wondered if there was much more to it than that. This place was doing something that it was hard for anyone or thing to normally accomplish. It was making her a bit uneasy honestly. The longer she was staying here, the more the 'grab-and-go' plan sounded good to her.

Tsumeken
2012-10-07, 01:02 PM
You enter one of the smaller shop buildings, marked to be a general store. They seem to have many things such as nets, weapons and other ship and personal items. However they lack a stock of food of any kind.

Astro_sol
2012-10-07, 03:25 PM
Thomas ran until he was at the base of the tower. Noting that the stairwell was blocked with a "bugger", he decided to get closer to whatever was up there on top of the tower. He leaped up, trying to find a handhold to climb, but mostly just so he could try to get a closer look at the...whatever it was.

Rolling a spot check in the OOC, as well as a Climb Check if he finds a handhold. Otherwise don't worry about it.

VirgoBushin
2012-10-07, 09:00 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

Aiya couldn't help but raise an eyebrow. How could a shop have everything but food? It made no sense. "These idiots will starve otherwise without any ... " She murmured lowly, ensuring that the only other to hear those words would be T'aella. "Well ... hm ... want me to check another shop for any food?" She asked, wondering if it was only this shop that wouldn't have any. It still didn't make sense ... but maybe there was a lack of supply and demand? Regardless, there had to be some reason for that.

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-07, 09:37 PM
T'aella nods, "I'll talk with the shopkeeper, see what the local rumors are," she says, heading over to said shopkeep, grabbing one of the knives on the way.

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-08, 07:50 AM
Jake watches the birds flying above them. "Weird creatures..." Jake says between teeth a little annoyed. "I cant recall seeing birds like those ones before, do you Buck?"

VirgoBushin
2012-10-08, 03:25 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

Once she got T'aella's approval on her idea, she slipped out of the store she had been in and headed right for the next one. First the wreathes and now no food in their stores? There were clear signs that something was horribly wrong with this place. She'd do her own forms of getting information as well. She usually did it on bounties but this was about as vital at the moment also. Once she got into the next store, she first looks around for any food. If there is none here also, she goes to one of the clerks, clears her throat, and looks them dead in the eyes as she speaks. "So ... got any explanations on your lack of food I should know of?"

Checks:
Intimidation [to help them cooperate with answering]: [roll0]
Gather Information: [roll1]

Tsumeken
2012-10-08, 04:45 PM
Beach: AS the birds continue to circle overhead, periodically landing in nearby branches you can't shake the feeling you're being watched.

Tower: Leaping high into the air you see a man with a large birdcage on his back. He is wearing some sort of mask on his face that looks like a long beak of a bird but is otherwise whit and expressionless. He seems surprised by your sudden incredible height and falls backward as he stares at you before you slowly begin to float back down. Trying to find a handhold does not come easy as you can't seems to get a grip on the tower's walls

Stores:
T'aella - The shopkeep looks at your purchase. or what they assume to be, as Aya walks out. Ringing you up for the knife, "That will come to 1000 beli miss."

Aya- As you step into the next shop you indeed find no food what so ever in stock. The shopkeep watches you closely as you glance around the store before asking "Can I help you miss?" He listens as you begin asking, when you bring in the word food his face goes pale. "M. Ma'am I don't know what you're talking about... we get enough food around the island so why sell it..." He chuckles nervously, but your stern tone keeps him talking, "Truly we have everything we want, long as we pay for. Nothing in life's free right? Oh please miss, don't make me say anymore please, if I do he'll kill me."

VirgoBushin
2012-10-08, 04:54 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

A sly smirk crossed her lips as she paced near the store keep, her left index and middle finger slowly but carefully sliding along the blade of her katana. "Well am I not proof that sometimes you get guests? That being said, it'd be horrible for you to deny us access to all we need, wouldn't you say? Moreover, what if your supply you 'hunt' runs out? Then what, hm? Too many opportunities for this island's population to dwindle .... more than it has given all the wreathes I've seen here. I know perfectly well what they mean; just not what caused them."

Letting her fingers stop dancing along her blade, she looked back up as he finally hinted the source was - or should be - an individual. " .. Thought as much. Well then, whom is this 'he' you speak of exactly? Stop lying to me and give me all you really know. Though I do not know him, I'm willing to bet between the two of us, I'm the less patient one ... so please don't test it."

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-08, 05:03 PM
T'aella hands over the beli, along with an extra 4,000, "I couldn't help noticing how the people in town seem to be surprised at a friend and I showing up," she says, not letting off that she's part of a crew, "I'm curious, do you not get visitors often?"

Gather Information: [roll0]
+6 from ranks, +1 from Cha, +2 from Ethnoarchaeology, +X for the bribe.

KingOfLaughter
2012-10-08, 06:38 PM
Buck looks at the birds, "They seem a bit familiar, but I'm not sure. Most birds look alike to me, to be honest." Buck shudders, "You feel like someones staring at you?"

Astro_sol
2012-10-08, 08:24 PM
Thomas let himself glide down, thinking as he fell. Who was that guy? And what was with all the birds?

He took a deep breath.

"Oi! Bird face guy! How'd you get up there? Why's this place all deserted? And most importantly, can you fly?!" he shouted at the top of his lungs.

Tsumeken
2012-10-10, 03:13 AM
Store:[roll0]
Tower:[roll1]
Beach:[roll2]

Storefront:
Aya- The man starts to shake as he nods slowly, "We can't sell food ma'am we don't have any. We have to buy it ourselves fro~" A shot rings out as the man falls backward, a hole blown through the left side of his forehead.
T'aella- The man begins to talk before a shot rings out, it sounds like it came from outside near one of the other shops. The sound of the gunshot makes him duck for cover.

Clock Tower: A shot rings out from the market area that the girls went to. As if being a signal the man atop the tower jumps and begins to fall before the crows around the structure fly into the cage and begin lift the man in a slow descent as he floats off towards the sound of the noise.

Beachhead: The birds begin to go away as the waves continue to crash on the shore
Listen DC 15
You hear a shot from the direction of the village that the others went towards.

VirgoBushin
2012-10-10, 06:48 AM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

Good, this one was beginning to heed her words as he started to explain. The soon hints of a bullet killing him off made her step back, then scoff in annoyance. "Damnit! And he was actually being good too ..." She murmured angrily, her grip on her katana tightening as she stormed out. There was always one good thing about snipers ... they were easy to locate once they made themselves known of their existence. Her eyes looked in front of her as she tried to locate the wielder of said firearm. Oh did she have some words for this b.astard .... none of which were the most friendly either.

Spot:
[roll0]

Astro_sol
2012-10-10, 06:52 AM
Thomas jumped at the noise, but fortunately at nowhere near his full strength. It also helped that he was still a few feet in the air when he did. The minute he hit the ground, though, he broke into a full sprint towards the direction of the shot, not bothering to hide his full speed. He noted that the birdman was flying too.

"Oi! Wait up! Answer me, dammit!" And who got shot?! Are the girls ok?!

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-10, 11:24 AM
"I guess that answers my question, keep the change," T'aella says, running out the door after slipping it into one of her cloak's pockets. She pulls Arashi as she heads towards Aiya's location.

Tsumeken
2012-10-11, 11:05 PM
Town: Looking around Aiya sees a man holding a rifle standing in plan sight in the middle of the street. He wears a large coat covered in black fur and his arms and head is wrapped in bandages. T'aella and Thomas see the same as the Birdman from the tower lands near the gunman.

Beach: While waiting for the others at the beach still you spot a man walking this way. He seems to be dressed as a clown in bright colors and a permanent smile paint on his face as he moves towards you.

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-11, 11:47 PM
"Guess we figured out the reason for all those wreathes," T'aella says, facing the figures, Arashi drawn and violet flames around her free hand, "who are you?"

VirgoBushin
2012-10-12, 12:21 AM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

A smirk crossed Aiya's face. "You're a rather bold sniper to be so out in the open you know?" She mused, beginning to pace towards him, only stopping when a new face showed up. "...Tch and you are? Aside from in my way that is?" She asked, looking up towards the man with the birds around and among him.

Astro_sol
2012-10-12, 09:16 AM
Thomas slid to a halt next to T'aella and her flames.

"I heard shooting! Was there a shooting? Did you or crazy sword lady-" he gestured at Aiya "-get shot?"

It was then that he noticed the birdman landing and the man with the rifle next to him. "Oi! Birdface guy! WHY'S THIS PLACE ALL DESERTED?! Are you going to keep ignoring me?!" he roared, his hands in the air.

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-12, 12:30 PM
"Did you see what I see?" Jake replies to Buck as he sees the clown in disbelief. He wondered if there could any relation between the birds that just flew away and it.

KingOfLaughter
2012-10-12, 02:57 PM
Buck looks at the clown, "That's odd... Wonder if the circus is in town..."

VirgoBushin
2012-10-12, 11:56 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

Aiya's head shook no, her annoyed glare never once leaving the sniper nor bird-surrounded man. "Someone whom was beginning to explain what is up with this place was. Pretty much right between the eyes too. But there is no food here ... that much he got out." Tapping her fingers against the hilt of her katana while still gripping it, she tried to study the newcomer - for her anyways. Was he worth worrying about? It had been the main reason she had avoided charging and beheading the sniper then and there. But had her waiting been worth it? A sly smirk crossed her lips as she replied for Thomas, "I think they may. Not many people here seem to like talking, are too scared to, or both somehow."

Tsumeken
2012-10-14, 01:39 AM
Town: The man with the rifle looks over towards the group, "You'll have to forgive Kestral, he doesn't speak much. As for the shooting that was me, just weeding out loudmouths. Sorry for not greeting you earlier, welcome to our island. It is true, the people here are indeed a frightened bunch but that keeps them in line... most of the time."

Beach: The man stops near Buck and Jake taking a slight bow, "Well now aren't you a big one eh? Do you rent yourself out as a hilltop on Weekends? You'd have quite the view I'd wager." He turns to Jake after his remark, "And you must be his pet Fish stick. How quaint."

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-14, 12:15 PM
"I'd prefer to know why we can't purchase supplies here," T'aella says, "we need them so we can set sail again, I'd rather be able to do that today."

Astro_sol
2012-10-14, 09:37 PM
"T'aella," Thomas spoke, too calmly. "I'd prefer to know what he means by 'weeding out the loudmouths'." His hands squeezed into fists, but he kept his face neutral.

VirgoBushin
2012-10-15, 09:47 AM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

"Oh that's easy .... " Nodding her head back to the shop where the now dead man that had been trying to explain the situation on this island was dead on the floor, she then looked back to the two men. "It's as he's trying to hint really. He kills - or has them murdered - anyone who has enough nerve to try to explain why no food is here. But really ...." She took a few more steps forward but made no other actions. "I don't think we can negotiate our way out of this. That being said, I'm ready to cut my 'goody-goody' crap ..." And they very well may be on that same track soon enough ... She added silently, her stern glare never once leaving the sniper nor bird-man.

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-15, 04:22 PM
"His... WHAT!?" shouted Jake annoyed. He couldnt believe that someone confused him with a pet. Still, he resisted the urge to attack the clown not wanting to create commotion especially with the marines after their tails.

Tsumeken
2012-10-16, 02:39 AM
Town: The sniper looked at the group listening to the questions and responses. "Yes, she is correct, silencing loudmouths who talk to much, they should have just kept quiet and sent you to us first. As for the reason that you cannot purchase food here that is simple, we sell all food on the island, after all the island is ours. it is only natural that the life of those living here are ours as well."

Beachhead: The clown laughs at Jake, "Well you are a quick that's for sure. Anyways I'm going to have to ask you to come with me please, the ruler of this island would like to speak with you."

KingOfLaughter
2012-10-16, 02:56 AM
Buck sits up, "Why should I believe you work for him?"

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-18, 10:32 AM
"And even more importantly, why should we go?" Jake added.

Tsumeken
2012-10-21, 10:18 AM
The clown looks shocked, "Well because I asked nicely is that reason enough?" the harlequin mocks a tear on his face with a finger full on with a quivering lip. "Anyways you can stay here if you want, but I think you might want to come while he's still in a good mood."

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-21, 11:53 AM
T'aella stares at the two, "no one has that right, even if you own the island, the people on it are not a part of it, presuming as much invites discord and resentment, which will lead to the fall of those in charge. Without fail," she says with a sigh, "Either way, we're just here for supplies, once we obtain them we'll be on our way."

VirgoBushin
2012-10-24, 07:36 PM
"Headhuntress" Aiya

Aiya's head shook no to T'aella. "Negotiations don't mean s.hit at this point ... those have been gone for a while now. So has - unfortunately - my patience. I doubt they're going to behave with us .... " Pulling out her katana, she smirked a bit. "But honestly? That's fine by me. Makes things more interesting really." No longer desiring to restrain herself anymore, unsheathed her katana and charged first for the sniper. Of course, she had more motives than her patience having dwindled; she was still pissed at him for killing off the clerk she'd been speaking to not long ago also. But finally, between him or the man surrounded by birds, the sniper seemed less likely to see this attack coming ... or so she hoped.

Init (for when it's needed): [roll0]
To-hit: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-25, 10:09 AM
"Well, I suppose it wont hurt to just meet him. What do say Buck, shall we go?" Jake was mostly interested in finding out how this supposed king found out about them.

KingOfLaughter
2012-10-25, 10:16 AM
Buck chuckles a bit, "I suppose."

Tsumeken
2012-10-29, 08:39 PM
Village:
Defense roll
[roll0]
the slash impacts the sniper as he falls over, the man with the birds looking down at him as he reaches down to his face and slides a feather into the bandaged mask.

A few convulsions later and the Sniper shakily stands up, although he seems to not be himself, his shoulders are slumped and his body is not fully standing. The gash still open and bleeding from the initial attack.

Beach: The clown bows and begins to show you the way up a nearby hill to a cave in the mountain. From inside you smell a great amount of cooking ushering from within. Rich flavors and smells taunt you from inside. "He's right in there, don't worry he's expecting for you."

DaOldeWolf
2012-10-30, 10:50 PM
Jake watches in disbelief at the entrance of the cave. "A king leaves in a place like this. No doubt about that." He decided to reply with sarcasm.