PDA

View Full Version : Auras for CR 5-9

Duboris
2012-09-11, 01:09 PM
Would anyone happen to know any specific Auras that would be a hindrance to, but not outright ruin the gameplay of 6 level 7 characters?

The characters are:
2 Rogues (Human and Dham Phir)
1 Paladin (Human)
1 Ranger (Elf)
1 Barbarian (Half-Orc)
1 Warlock (Ifrit)

Keep in mind that they have no healer, outside of the paladin's "Lay on hands"

I was thinking along the lines of Unluck Aura for some of the more meatier enemies, but I don't know all that much about auras.

Diarmuid
2012-09-11, 01:26 PM
Are you looking for spells, spell-like abilities, class abilities, etc?

Are you just going to be tacking these things on to existing monsters, or are you looking for monsters that already have these things built in?

Duboris
2012-09-11, 01:43 PM
I'm adding Runes to Constructs that would make them more irritating. Auras that only apply to on-contact effects such as Unluck Aura, where you only have an 80% chance of hitting the target.

I'd be tacking them onto Dm-made constructs.

Allanimal
2012-09-11, 03:56 PM
The characters are:
2 Rogues (Human and Dham Phir)
1 Paladin (Human)
1 Ranger (Elf)
1 Barbarian (Half-Orc)
1 Warlock (Ifrit)

Keep in mind that they have no healer, outside of the paladin's "Lay on hands"

Sorry, I don't know about auras, but the paladin and ranger can both use a wand of Cure xxx Wounds, so healing should be no problem. Especially at their level, the party can afford a wand or two.

Duboris
2012-09-11, 09:51 PM
Normally, yes, but I'm a bit brutal when it comes to people stopping at towns for my games. Every time they get about 40,000 gold, they'll run into a kind of "Provider" that sells certain classes of items. At the moment they know a Blacksmith, Apothecary, Priest, and Alchemist. They've yet to meet someone who can specifically create wonderous items :U

Does that make me a bad DM?

KillianHawkeye
2012-09-12, 07:32 PM
Wands are not wondrous items. They're wands. :smallconfused: