PDA

View Full Version : Infinite OOC

Julian84
2012-09-11, 03:09 PM
Hey all,

This is an open thread for y'all to ask questions and talk amongst yourselves. Please don't share IC knowledge and as always be respectful. Also, I'll be keeping a list of all players and their character sheets here so I can have easy access to them. Welcome to the infinite campaign!

Player List:

{table=head]Player|Character|Activity
Stanleyindraven|Melvin Groden|Disappeared into the night-o-sphere
Bladesmith|Hajime Gordon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=435871)|Probably eaten by the Allosaurus
EdroGrimshell|Crypt Walker|Loves his mother
Anecronwashere|Gary Jesmond (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=444734)|Empathy is hard
Crazydude369|Adam Wentworth (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=444957)|God-like in potential
The_Admiral|John Adams (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=445622)|Not the protagonist
Zdude|Pete Wilde (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=468424)|I think he posted twice.
[/table]

Summary of Events:

Bluesky City, once fair and prosperous, has of recent years been wracked with crime and violence. Gangs and a mysterious criminal syndicate have arisen within the city and threaten the safety of the inhabitants.

But that's only the beginning. Things are going to become much, much worse.

A scattered collection of individuals across the city, seemingly random in their natures, have been empowered with abilities from mysterious sources, warning each of them of an impending war that will be the doom of all life on Earth.

Now, they must master their powers and learn where they stand in the face of the coming apocalypse.

IC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253207)

Anecronwashere
2012-09-12, 08:19 PM
First lol
Why am I classed as Inactive in the Player list?

Julian84
2012-09-12, 08:30 PM
Because I haven't updated it yet. I shall do so in a moment.

crazydude369
2012-09-12, 11:03 PM
So are we just gonna make this the 'real' OOC thread? Like can we stop checking the original thread if we've already been accepted? I just think it'd be simpler that way.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-12, 11:57 PM
Cool, glad I saw this. Guess I'm getting shadow powers, was hoping for something more physical in nature, ritualist being for the less physical stuff.

Anecronwashere
2012-09-13, 12:12 AM
I just met a Telepathic Basilisk.
Holy Killer Eyes batman!

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-13, 12:19 AM
I just met a Telepathic Basilisk.
Holy Killer Eyes batman!

Actually, I'm not sure it's a basilisk. It seems it saved you rather than killed you, because the way it's described, you were going out of it before you saw it.

Anecronwashere
2012-09-13, 12:24 AM
Yellow Eyes, Snake telepath voice.
Basilisks have yellow eyes, and are large enough.

Remember that it doesnt have to be Evil because it's a Snake. I reckon it IS benevolent, and probably my power-inducer like you got the Shadow-Being trapped inside the book.

Julian84
2012-09-13, 06:47 AM
Please don't share IC knowledge and as always be respectful.

Guys, ground rules are as follows, and I'll be codifying them fully later:

1. Please don't share IC knowledge, as I have pointed out.

2. If I post your information in a spoiler box, I need you to do the same in return.

3. Metagaming will be met with expulsion from the campaign.

I understand that it's annoying to have all of these rules, but this is an experiment as much as a campaign, and they were designed to test assumptions I have about players and to also make things more enjoyable down the line. So please remember to keep these rules in the future.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-13, 04:42 PM
Should I have Crypt wake up now?

Julian84
2012-09-13, 04:45 PM
Nope. No time has actually passed, beyond which the less people running around "tonight" the easier it is for me to keep track of the flow of time. Suffice to say, we move as fast as our slowest player, and right now he has an important time sensitive event happening.

Anecronwashere
2012-09-13, 04:58 PM
Sorry if that's me.

I just woke up (it's 8AM right now here in Oz)

I'll get a post up by Mobile sometime soon

Julian84
2012-09-14, 11:05 AM
Hey guys,

As I get time, I'll work on mapping out Bluesky city so you can get a better feel for where you're at.

I'll let y'all know when it's ready, and if you want it I'll email it as a PDF.

Anecronwashere
2012-09-14, 11:10 AM
Am I making Gary too good at this? I mean, he focuses almost all his energies on simply observing and sensing why people are doing what.

Julian84
2012-09-14, 11:17 AM
He's a little too good, I would say, but I see no real problems with his characterization. As a note for the future though, please try to come up with these details beforehand so I can work them in instead of working around them.

Anecronwashere
2012-09-14, 11:42 AM
Ok sorry.

Though the Older bro, and Neil where backstory-excluding.
I was planning on Gary's lack of a real Male Rolemodel to be a whole thing, what with his RL dad being a runaway and his stepdad dying.

Things Gary has:

-4 tickets to Band playing Friday

-Extensive knowledge of Campus Relationships/Social Network

-A few Thousand from getting an authentic signature from a player right before he was signed then selling it

-2 Sisters he Adores and basically spoils rotten (though he does try and stop them going down the wrong path, through both straight out telling off and more subtle manipulations). Basically he is trying to be both Cool Older Bro and Dad to them

-Mum he respects and Neil, her boyfriend who he doesn't like

-two friends: Wendy and Theo. Mock-flirts with Wendy and is best-mates with Theo. is trying to set them up 9though it will likely not work due to Theo's impassivity)
(Wendy as a poss Love interest?)

-A full Mindscape giving him Eidetic Memory

A fully-upgraded home-built CPU made from Used parts and slowly upgraded over the Years till it has no original parts left

-Extensive Puzzle, Linguistic and Code books, in both PDF and Hardcopy form

Julian84
2012-09-14, 11:49 AM
I was referring more towards the tickets and the autographed football, the backstory conflicts were my confusion. I keep mixing up different sheets that are open in my tabs.

Anyhow, thanks for the list.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-14, 11:50 AM
Jullian, I recently got an idea, as in just before I started making this post. I was thinking of having Crypt's summon actually being kept inside his mind until summoned. That could be an interesting way to develop the power, actually...

Julian84
2012-09-14, 11:51 AM
That was pretty much the idea, actually. It can also exist within his own shadow when called.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-14, 12:08 PM
That was pretty much the idea, actually. It can also exist within his own shadow when called.

This sounds exactly like the summon I had thought of, only with insubstantial (is that a permanent power BTW?).

Sorta looks like an eyeless, blackskinned humanoid with an everpresent grin of sharp teeth. And I mean everpresent, it never changes. Clicks his teeth when annoyed, drums his fingers if impatient, that sort of thing since he has, literally, one facial expression.

When called, he rises from a shadow, arms crossed over his chest and head bowed, then, summons his scythe from shadows and goes on the offensive.

I call him Velik. Favorite familiar I have ever created.

Julian84
2012-09-14, 12:23 PM
Insubstantial is permanent and innate. For now though, he is generally without a personality. In the future, he may deign to speak to his master, if he is impressed.

Julian84
2012-09-14, 03:42 PM
Hey guys,

I've given it some thought, and I'm rescinding rule 1 with a few provisions:

While you can discuss theories and whatnot, I still implore you to stick to your own spoilers and private information on the IC thread. While you can relate experiences and speculate on their meaning here, please don't copy and paste stuff over.

The_Admiral
2012-09-14, 10:03 PM
Hey julie, what do you mean by my dude's at a place he is not supposed to be at? also, yay.

Julian84
2012-09-14, 10:06 PM
I prefer Julian, please. And in the words of Qui-Gon Jinn, "There's always a bigger fish." You were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Out of curiosity, where in Malaysia do you live?

The_Admiral
2012-09-14, 10:07 PM
So in PC terms, I was in the right place at the right time.

Julian84
2012-09-14, 10:09 PM
You saw what you needed to see. You said you wanted to be the cop with questions.

Well, now you've definitely got questions. The lovely lady and her pet were simply in the neighborhood.

EdroGrimshell
2012-09-15, 12:31 PM
Initiative for Crypt
[roll0]

Anecronwashere
2012-09-24, 04:45 AM
Hands up who has powers yet?
*has hands conspicuously down :smallfrown: *

The_Admiral
2012-09-24, 05:40 AM
*follows necron's motion.*

crazydude369
2012-09-24, 06:49 AM
*tilts hand back and forth*

Yes, but my character isn't really aware of it yet.

EdroGrimshell
2012-10-06, 10:34 AM
I am bowing out, sorry folks. Already deleted the sheet, so no coming back

The_Admiral
2012-10-12, 12:15 AM
My character is now Megaman, without the power copying thing. I think.

And to answer this question

Out of curiosity, where in Malaysia do you live?

Selangor

Julian84
2012-10-12, 06:23 AM
Pretty much.

Just curious, I lived in Subang for a while.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-12, 06:54 AM
Does anyone else have Nullify as a Power? I got a full 3PP one which is awesome.
And great if dealing with that pesky Extrahuman (not Superhuman, that sounds rascist/biased) who knocked me out.

Oh and I now have 2 enemies :smallsmile: Muggle Former-"Friend" Theo and Extrahuman 'Danielle' (I think it's not actually her but an Extrahuman taking her form for a little bit)

The_Admiral
2012-10-12, 07:11 AM
nope, Also, the "Lady of Mercy" is CRAZY! CRAZY I TELL YOU!

Sure she gave me this cool arm cannon, but she's CRAZY!

Julian, can we share some info? Like who handed us our powers?

Anecronwashere
2012-10-12, 07:45 AM
I'm 1/2 sure my powers came from The Devil.

Bleeding, told to get out of the world because the world was ending, Imps after my blood/flesh, chained in a place full of fire and brimstone

Julian84
2012-10-12, 07:56 AM
You guys can share your empowerers, yes.

The_Admiral
2012-10-12, 07:59 AM
I got told to fight to protect the world, inaction is letting evil overtake the world, regular hero recruitment poster stuff. Then I was given some sort of transforming hand cannon. By the Lady Of Mercy, anyone else have run in's with her?

Anecronwashere
2012-10-12, 08:18 AM
No, I've only met 2 other Extrahumans, 'Danielle' who is the reason I'm in hospital and my empowerer

crazydude369
2012-10-12, 10:12 AM
I've got damaging illusions, from a weird like sorta scarecrow-guy; I'm pretty sure he's less than good-aligned. Anyone else see these guys with (the oh so disturbing) bleeding eyes?

The_Admiral
2012-10-12, 10:28 AM
Nope, though I am going to have to fight Verda. Any mention of the lady of mercy? Any at all?

crazydude369
2012-10-12, 10:29 AM
Doesn't ring a bell I'm afraid. Just that there's a war coming and I've got powers to do whatever I want with.

bladesmith
2012-10-12, 05:20 PM
I'm getting attacked by someone who's mentioned the lady of mercy. Other then that, no clue. Some dude named Tye powered me up, and there was the epic beatdown by Vain earlier. Lots of names flying around, few answers.

Rolling stuffs:
Toughness: [roll0]

The_Admiral
2012-10-12, 06:23 PM
Did the dude say he was working with or working against the lady?

Anecronwashere
2012-10-12, 08:52 PM
I didn't get much information.
Though when I was granted my powers my facial orifices started bleeding (in Illusion, no sideffects when it ended and I returned to the 'real' world)

The_Admiral
2012-10-12, 11:49 PM
WHY IS MY LUCK SO HORRIBLE!?

Also, will our powers improve themselves?

Yeah, I think I'm the first person to require bailing out.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-12, 11:55 PM
Nah, I got Stun-Locked by a Human in my first fight.
The only reason I got out was cause the cops showed up and arrested me for setting off fireworks (which I didn't, Theo and Wendy did)

Julian84
2012-10-12, 11:55 PM
Your powers, skills, attributes, saves, feats, and combat checks will all evolve naturally, yes.

That said, you've only just started, so it may be a while.

The_Admiral
2012-10-13, 12:01 AM
STUN LOCKED? Try getting shot, in the knee! The JOKES, OH GOD THE JOKES!
Also, BEWARE THE COPS BEWARE!

crazydude369
2012-10-13, 02:51 AM
Heh, am I the only one doing at least kind of well in combat? I took a shot, but after that managed to mess some guys up with my illusions.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-13, 03:10 AM
I'm not built for combat. I'm a college student
I have Nullify, Mind Control and ESP.

Against a Human I can only Mind Control them, and when I get hit with two stagger blows in row there simply isn't time to retaliate.

bladesmith
2012-10-13, 03:19 AM
Eh, I'm doing so-so. When not blindly rushing into combat with vastly overpowered crazy people, I seem to be holding my own. But that could change. Oh, and C_O, apparently my dude sent me against the dude that was working for the Lady, because said dude was working for Vain. So, I hypothesize that the Lady of Mercy and Vain are on the same side. Or something like that.

Also, bluff check that I forgot to put in post #309 to BS my way into the clear. Or something... [roll0]

Anecronwashere
2012-10-13, 03:28 AM
Wow that is a big disparity between numbers haha

The_Admiral
2012-10-13, 09:59 AM
Question, just curious Julian but, where does John wake up?

bladesmith
2012-10-13, 11:03 AM
Wow that is a big disparity between numbers haha
Bah. Stupid double posts. Still, at this point, its probably more in keeping with the character to keep the first post.:smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Hah! I'm now the most famous one around. Probably not something to be proud of, but fun either way.

bladesmith
2012-10-17, 05:04 PM
So, gotta apologize for not posting. Our home internet blew up, but we should have the necessary hardware to fix it pretty soon. In the mean time, I managed to borrow some access from a neighbor. Still, posts may be a little slow for the next couple of days.

The_Admiral
2012-10-17, 05:52 PM
Necroooon, I know who gave you your poweers. :smallbiggrin:

Julian84
2012-10-17, 07:11 PM
Alright, thanks for the heads-up Bladesmith.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-17, 10:00 PM
Necroooon, I know who gave you your poweers. :smallbiggrin:

Who? I'd actually like to know.

Julian84
2012-10-17, 10:03 PM
Keep playing and you'll find out :smalltongue:

C_O, no teasing.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-17, 10:12 PM
I think I'm working for the Lady of Mercy now alongside the guy that was on TV fighting and got hospitalized

The_Admiral
2012-10-18, 01:02 AM
So I'm waiting on necron to COME WITH ME!

Anecronwashere
2012-10-18, 01:17 AM
Hey, I'm not going to follow any talking metal bird for no reason!
Especially after being warned about someone trying to distract me and slow me down.

The_Admiral
2012-10-18, 04:43 AM
Julian, I see what you did there. Yeah this is old, but I just realized the reference.

Also :smalltongue:

*teases necron*

Julian84
2012-10-18, 07:25 AM
C_O, you're going to have be more specific as to which reference you're referring to, I try to put a lot in. :smalltongue:

The_Admiral
2012-10-18, 08:14 AM
Really, Flutterhawk? Could you be more blatant? it is now canon that whoever named these birds watches MLP

Also about the game in general

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/25792213.jpg

Julian84
2012-10-19, 06:56 AM
C_O:

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-prn1/50415_46965829083_8114_n.jpg

The_Admiral
2012-10-19, 08:41 AM
What's a trap?

Julian84
2012-10-19, 08:44 AM
Heeheehee :smallamused:

Also, points to Necron for the most comprehensive account of the facts so far.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-19, 08:48 AM
Not that I included everything, I mean I'm fairly sure I'm talking to an enemy of the Lady so I didnt mention her name among other things

The_Admiral
2012-10-19, 08:52 AM
oops, my bad? :smallredface:

Anecronwashere
2012-10-19, 09:01 AM
Please don't attack the illusion again.
I got hit with it!!

I'm assuming it's your energy bolt? Considering I doubt the dogs can throw bolts of energy.

The_Admiral
2012-10-19, 09:05 AM
Yeah, I was just wondering why the hell didn't I fall through trying to smash it.

Also accept this picture

http://gossiptory.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/friendly-fire.jpg

Anecronwashere
2012-10-19, 09:08 AM
Lol, Thanks for the pic

And I think you treat Illusions as solid unless you Disbelieve, so you can't walk through a wall if you don't 'know' it's an Illusion (Ie pass the save I'm sure Julian is rolling whenever you interact with it)

crazydude369
2012-10-19, 09:20 AM
Yea, that bolt wasn't mine. And I didn't do so hot on my reflex save either..... So are we all finally getting together?

Anecronwashere
2012-10-19, 09:31 AM
Want to tag along to save my Romantic Interest/BFF?
Though, it should be noted that my friend Magneto and maybe, probably me serve the Lady of Mercy, as since you serve the Madness? Or that's the she told me

crazydude369
2012-10-19, 09:33 AM
Heh well I guess you'll have to ask Adam, but he's pretty uninformed so far.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-19, 09:40 AM
So is Gary, he just makes a lot of assumptions and thinks fast

What Gary knows:
-He has mental powers
-He was given those powers by someone eerily similar to Satan
-"Satan" has a mental connection, able to telepathically communicate and has done so twice, both times to tell him to use his powers
-There is a Lady of Mercy who seems god-like in power, if not thematics
-The guy named Adam ha red eyes, serves "The madness" who might be "Satan" (needs more digging but Occams suggests yes) and can conjure what is probably an illusion OR Energy-Ignoring solid matter
-Theo is an ******* who kidnapped his best friend
-He has a companion with Magneto-Powers (Electromagnetism)

Oh and make a PL Check DC: [roll0]
I'm going to try and Nullify your wall in my next IC post

The_Admiral
2012-10-19, 09:45 AM
YOu got a few facts wrong, and yes, i fired that bolt and it was YOUR FAULT crazydude! Also, hint the guy who gave you your powers is a good guy. Think classical Hades not Satan.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-19, 09:51 AM
... I know it's controversial but, you know Satan IS a good guy right?
Why do you think in Dante's Inferno he was trapped in the ice?
His punishment (his Hell :smallamused: ) is to listen to all the mortals being tortured for eternity

I wont say more cause of Forum rules.

And of course I got some facts wrong, Gary isn't getting all of them and is making assumptions, some are right, some are wrong some and kinda right kinda wrong.

crazydude369
2012-10-19, 09:52 AM
Haha how was it my fault? I was just trying to get some straight answers for once, couldn't let the only witnesses get away now could I?

crazydude369
2012-10-19, 09:56 AM
But Dante's Inferno isn't canon to the original story. He's definitely an antagonist in his original appearance, as can be seen by him trying to take over all of existence, and then later tempting people and causing the destruction of paradise.

The_Admiral
2012-10-19, 09:57 AM
The inferno ain't canon, otherwise it would be in the bible. And yes I am christian.Roman Catholic to be precise.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-19, 10:08 AM
Snake =/= Lucifer since Lucy has a pair of legs (which were specifically removed in the bible as punishment for telling Adam/Eve that God lied)

And I was simply using the most well-known source that didn't involve bible passages. But, um, moving on before a Mod wanders in

So I was given my powers by Hades? I cant wait for more tidbits In-Character then.

The_Admiral
2012-10-19, 10:16 AM
Seems like it, though he is unpopular with the other good guys for some reason.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-19, 10:21 AM
Well Hades was avoided too, despite being the rightful SkyGod (Zeus, who should have gone to preside over the Underworld convinced his 2 Bros to draw straws then cheated on it to get the prestigious Sky domain, Poseidon got his regular spot of the Sea, and Horses and Hades got shafted)

Makes sense if this guy (Gonna call him S from now on) got the same kind of shaft.

Julian84
2012-10-19, 10:22 AM
Guys, it is forum rules to not discuss religion. As I am LG most days, it's my obligation to ask you to take that discussion elsewhere.

The_Admiral
2012-10-19, 10:30 AM
We're discussing out of boredom. Also, I'm CN. :smalltongue:
and if you post in the IC thread, we will dash there.

James_Sure_Woul
2012-10-19, 10:12 PM
*posting so the ooc thread will be easier to find*
Also, EL DIABLO MAGNIFICO!!

bladesmith
2012-10-19, 10:35 PM
So, you were recruited by the demonic looking dude then? That'd make two. Also two or three working with the Lady of Mercy. Not sure how it all falls outs.

Also, hero-point rerolling that Medicine check, 'cuz I would rather not have the one informative NPC that I've met just keel over on me.
Medicine: [roll0]
EDIT: For a total of 12! Whoo! Its like the roller wants the chick to bite the dust.

James_Sure_Woul
2012-10-19, 10:40 PM
I don't think I was recruited by the demon dude...
Is the demon due the Victorian redheaded guy?

The_Admiral
2012-10-20, 01:18 AM
bladesmith, serves her right for trying to kill me, TWICE!

Also, I don't think anyone has to worry about the shadow guy anymore.
Why?

MAELSTROM CANNON!

bladesmith
2012-10-20, 09:59 AM
Hey, she wasn't trying to kill me, and that was the important part. Besides, its starting to sound like I'm the only one currently siding with chaos, sorta. Unless there is something to do with the victorian red-headed dude that James describes. Dunno who that guy is.
Lastly, I think a shadow guy might've been Edro's old character. He said something about shadow powers.

The_Admiral
2012-10-20, 10:37 AM
Suddenly, I feel awesome. POST JULIAN, POST!

NECRON TOO! POST!

Julian84
2012-10-20, 06:39 PM
I'm waiting for Necron before posting. If he doesn't check in by tomorrow morning I'll update then.

Alright, everybody's in. Gimme a few minutes.

The_Admiral
2012-10-21, 06:08 AM
HOW DID THAT GUY STAY IN ONE PIECE!? Just, HOWW!?

crazydude369
2012-10-21, 06:55 AM
For the record Bladesmith, I've also been recruited by the chaos side. However I find myself less and less interested in joining with them, especially after one of their agents freaking dropped me. I didn't know the possessed people were with him! :smallmad:

The_Admiral
2012-10-21, 07:08 AM
Joinnn ussss! Leave the dark side! Also, your dude knows the ice girl(Veronica)?

crazydude369
2012-10-21, 07:21 AM
Uh.....she's an 'ice girl'? Heh we went on like a pseudo-date, she was a bit strange here and there, but I wasn't aware she was a superhuman. And yea, right now I think Adam's gonna try to stay pretty neutral until he learns a bit more.

The_Admiral
2012-10-21, 07:21 AM
I call her Ice girl because of her powers.Local spirits seem more generous than the lady

Julian84
2012-10-21, 07:22 AM
There is an update, you know.

crazydude369
2012-10-21, 07:35 AM
Yea, I figured C_O. I just wasn't aware she even had powers.

bladesmith
2012-10-21, 10:04 AM
Eh... Probably not going to join the side of order any time soon. This post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13988651&postcount=226) providing the largest part of my reasoning.

Also, the next free power point I get is probably going into ranks of Notice.

crazydude369
2012-10-21, 05:30 PM
Yea, the chaotic guys haven't been much friendlier.....Just more reason to stay neutral.

bladesmith
2012-10-21, 05:35 PM
That is kinda the impression that I am getting. If my character wasn't somewhat distracted by other issues, he'd probably be pushing for everyone to get together and kick both order and chaos out of town.

The_Admiral
2012-10-21, 05:47 PM
So both sides are complete *******s. But Order seems to be less of an ******* to people who work for it.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-21, 07:32 PM
Well no-ones been a ******* to Gary from either side so he is fairly neutral of the whole thing.

Though he is likely to do almost anything to get more power/give power to his sisters (without increased risk to them) /protect his sisters from any and all harm

Or ruthlessly slaughter anyone who hurt his sisters in any way I guess, but I'm hoping no-one targets them cause playing a ruthless killer isn't what I had in mind for his character development

bladesmith
2012-10-21, 07:39 PM
Heh, that'd put him in the same boat as Haj, except that Haj hasn't become a ruthless killer yet. Keep pushing, and he might... Not sure yet.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-21, 07:49 PM
Yeah Gary's sisters are pretty much the bedrock of his identity.
He is kind of aware of that, having made a visual representation of his mind but doesn't view it as a bad thing.

Remove them and avenging them would become his bedrock. Which would do ALL KINDS of f***ed up stuff to him

The_Admiral
2012-10-22, 01:46 AM
Spend the point, we need to see Chaos' playbook.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-22, 01:48 AM
Consider it Spent.

I also need the Order's playbook too, being unaffiliated right now (though leaning Order)

The_Admiral
2012-10-22, 01:54 AM
When I say Playbook I mean it in the football sense, their game plan, if you know your enemy and know yourself you will be guaranteed victory in a hundred battles. Cookies for the source of this.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-22, 01:56 AM
I know.
I know all but nothing about Order and Chaos and haven't chosen between them.

If I side with Order and don't know Order's Playbook then I don't know 'myself'
If I side with Chaos and don't know Order's Playbook then I don't know 'the enemy'

The_Admiral
2012-10-22, 02:09 AM
Okay, we need a PLAN, can we utilize the hive mind to feed Chaos false information? And if so, what do we want then to think they know?

Anecronwashere
2012-10-22, 07:36 AM
Right I have 2 layers of protection against Madness spread with this memory-steal. I hope it's enough
1. Memory-only. I dont hear her thoughts, feel her emotions etc. at the time. I'm just along for the ride
2. It;s NOT a part of my mind, but stuck in an 'empty room'. Basically disconnected from my psyche to stop it infecting my real mind.

As for what to feed them:
I don't know much about either side but giving Any information would be bad? Because unless we flat out lie and do it subtly so as not to give away that we realize she is a leak then we either give actual intel or fake-intel taken with a very big pinch of salt (and investigated thoroughly, which could focus their attention on that so they uncover things we dont want them knowing but letting the other areas to have lack of resources).

So the best thing to do is tell them half-truths while seemingly trying and failing at being subtle to focus them onto whatever we leak and make their intel-gathering less usefull?

The_Admiral
2012-10-22, 08:23 AM
We don't TELL her everything obviously, we just "accidentally" let slip some "vital" information here and there.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-22, 08:30 AM
Anything but stringent precautions will be met with derision from Chaos

The_Admiral
2012-10-22, 08:47 AM
I was just hoping for operation mincemeat like shenanigans, or for them to act like Decepticons.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-22, 09:00 AM
There is a PC in with Chaos.
Thus the organization has the same level of efficiency and Genre Savvy as Order.

Thus feeding info through a double-agent (willing or not) is always going to end up bad.

The_Admiral
2012-10-22, 04:49 PM
Okay, ironically Chaos is more organized than Order.

bladesmith
2012-10-23, 07:42 AM
Wisdom check for post 571: [roll0]

The_Admiral
2012-10-23, 07:55 AM
Craaap! He Survived The Cannon!

Julian84
2012-10-23, 09:53 AM
Bladesmith: successful check, caution is advised.

bladesmith
2012-10-23, 07:21 PM
Right, caution advised. So, now that I am looking at escape options and stuff... Questions! First, are there any broken windows on my side of the building up near the top to possibly swing in through? Also, how far are we from the next building? Also, how far have I seen tracker beasts leap?

Julian84
2012-10-23, 07:28 PM
Bladesmith:

Well, Mufasa could conceivably make the jump if things come down to a pinch, and you'd have the mass and momentum to just smash through a window.

Or you could ride it out, see what happens >_> Just sayin'.

bladesmith
2012-10-23, 08:16 PM
Sorry, took me a bit to come up with an in-character reason to go along with it. Not exactly Haj's first thought.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-23, 08:38 PM
Sorry it took so long and missed the first update CO.

So 2 hooded monks waving their hands at the Birds? My guess is either Corrupting them or they failed their attack

Anecronwashere
2012-10-23, 10:51 PM
I really hope I get some way of keeping Mental control over someone that doesn't use up my attack action soon.

Also: I have a second minion, Monk2. yay. Well, I hope. And he'll probably have to die after he defends his 'Emperor' from Monk1

I just hope he will be weak enough without all his active buffs to be swayed by my attack, and then have enough strength to stall his buffed-up ally Monk1 long enough for Magneto and Megaman to take the hooded guy out.

The_Admiral
2012-10-24, 06:54 AM
Better reply to necron, my next action depends on what happens.

Julian84
2012-10-24, 06:55 AM
Already done.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-24, 07:00 AM
So Nesh is still Mindcontrolled, I Nullified Monk2 in Round 1 and made my Concentration save?

Then in Round 2 (this one) I Mind-Controlled Monk2 to attack Monk1.

Julian84
2012-10-24, 07:09 AM
Updated. And a big ol' no on the mind control check.

The_Admiral
2012-10-24, 10:55 AM
I can't hit it at PL2 limits. Ah well, plan B, retreat, abandon intelligence asset and regroup before necron dies. Is this acceptable necron?

Anecronwashere
2012-10-24, 03:41 PM
That's Very acceptable.
Although since my Mind-Control worked the first time I think it's possible for me to MC a Nullified.

Can your birds carry me so I can try and Mind-Control them as we flee?

Julian84
2012-10-25, 12:00 AM
Aw, necron left, no more arguing. I was enjoying that.

Ok, update in a bit.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-25, 12:40 AM
Actually my phone died and I'm home now, charging my phone and on the wifi

Julian84
2012-10-25, 11:16 PM
Hey Bladesmith, sorry I missed your post. You're in the update now.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-25, 11:25 PM
This bit has been bugging me
Gary was friends with Theo for a while, back in High School. Why would he befriend him and hide his influence for ages to deal with a No-Name Highschooler
I'm sure there is a reason, Im just hoping Theodore will let it slip now

Julian84
2012-10-25, 11:44 PM
Well, from what I recall they've only been friends since being freshmen in college, and they're juniors now.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-26, 12:14 AM
They are freshman? I said a bunch of times in the Thread this was his first year in college.
It's also in my backstory, which is why when I got that money from the player he was a Highschooler

Julian84
2012-10-26, 12:17 AM
junior-year student Gary Jesmond

That's from the introduction post for Gary.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-26, 12:26 AM
Huh.
Meh, 2nd year works for me nothing worth kicking up a fuss over.

EDIT: Also I need to get a Fort Save. Seriously, being Staggered is the default position of my character. And unless he lets me stand back up and attempt either a Nullify or a Mindcontrol I'm dead

Julian84
2012-10-26, 12:36 AM
Actually, you need toughness. Fortitude won't do jack against most physical attacks. It's for health and recovery checks.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-26, 12:39 AM
Right, that's totally what I meant

Anecronwashere
2012-10-26, 01:07 AM
So the victorian gentleman is the Keeper or a different guy I saw in the concert?

Julian84
2012-10-26, 06:19 AM
The other one who taunted him.

Last time you saw him: Link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14042797&postcount=303)

The_Admiral
2012-10-26, 07:03 AM
If you want to you can imagine a comedic montage of John doing chores.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-26, 07:09 AM
Yeah, not seeing the funny in this game right now no offense.
Considering Wendy Gary's BFF/Love Interest just got Paralyzed brutally by a former friend/Telekinetic

The_Admiral
2012-10-26, 07:12 AM
Its the contrast that's funny.

Also yeah your dude comes off as a bit of a jerk.

Anecronwashere
2012-10-26, 07:21 AM
He is intended too.
Because he IS a jerk, an egotistical one who thinks he can outsmart most if not everyone.
Which while probably true on a Human level, when dealing with Extrahumans with a much bigger information network he is out of his depth.

Big fish in a little Pond becoming Little fish in a Big Pond who thinks e should be a Big fish

The_Admiral
2012-10-26, 10:42 AM
Burn! Gary what just happened is that you just got BURNED!

crazydude369
2012-10-26, 12:40 PM
Great, my first natural 1 of the game. Man, I'm having absolutely zero luck trying to figure out what's what.

The_Admiral
2012-10-27, 11:52 AM
Well that escalated quickly.

bladesmith
2012-10-28, 11:16 AM
Just rollin' a Toughness save.
Toughness: [roll0]

crazydude369
2012-10-28, 02:10 PM
C_O:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPotLII4HKigqyLKV0vbqUGsQjv6Q5d Yg0MjcYVHN1Pkz53yYJ9g

The_Admiral
2012-10-28, 02:14 PM
Chaos REALLY loves to escalate.

crazydude369
2012-10-28, 03:25 PM
So has anyone else heard about this possible third party? Apparently they were on Earth before Chaos or Order and may or may not be psychics.

bladesmith
2012-10-28, 03:53 PM
Sense motive check![roll0]

Julian84
2012-10-28, 03:55 PM
Bladesmith:

He seems sincere in sending them away, but there's something he isn't telling Hajime. Caution is advised.

bladesmith
2012-10-28, 04:15 PM
Bah. Ninja craziness! Either way, things should be fixed well enough, now.

bladesmith
2012-10-28, 04:30 PM
Toughness save: [roll0]

The_Admiral
2012-10-28, 04:33 PM
you are one lucky sonufabitch blade

bladesmith
2012-10-28, 04:37 PM
Heck yeah. Considering how much of a disadvantage you have me at, I'll take what I can get, though.

bladesmith
2012-10-28, 04:55 PM
In case I can't get behind cover fast enough, Toughness: [roll0].

crazydude369
2012-10-28, 06:30 PM
Aw crap, I think I jut got enthralled Poison Ivy style. Debating the use of a HP to reroll......

Julian84
2012-10-28, 06:37 PM
It's a mental duel. You get to reroll in a few minutes anyways, you might succeed that time.

crazydude369
2012-10-28, 08:09 PM
Ugh....I'm having just the worst luck with these rolls. Side note, how did she see me?

Julian84
2012-10-28, 08:12 PM
Why give someone a power that handicaps them as well? Also, you didn't specify as to whether the snow was going around him.

The_Admiral
2012-10-29, 01:52 AM
Wow, that was cold.

Get it? Cold?

QUICK! Someone make a Horaitio pun!

EDIT:

He sure had a frosty departure. (http://mirrors.rit.edu/instantCSI/)

crazydude369
2012-10-29, 10:29 AM
Is that supposed to be in reference to my near untimely demise?

The_Admiral
2012-10-29, 10:36 AM
Yes, yes it is :smallbiggrin:

He sure ended up frigid. (http://mirrors.rit.edu/instantCSI/)

crazydude369
2012-10-29, 12:00 PM
That really is an enjoyable little app. :smallcool:
However, now the nagging question: how did you know about my thorough ass-kicking?

Julian84
2012-10-29, 02:23 PM
Because he's breaking the rules >_> no symbiotic synthesis for rulebreakers

The_Admiral
2012-10-30, 01:06 AM
Pleeeaaaasse! It's all OOC, I solemnly swear to not use this information IC, Just laugh at it OOC.

Julian84
2012-11-02, 09:57 PM
Update ahoy.

Anyhow, as a small mechanic, my skype address is Malganis85. If you have a lot of last minute stuff to do before nightfall, you can reach me there so we can deal with it quickly. If you don't have skype, I recommend you get it on general principle.

If you have some other sort of IM that is easily accessible, feel free to PM me if you want to do private actions over that.

Anecronwashere
2012-11-02, 10:13 PM
Yknow I think I had enough time to go hunt down the Twins.
I just hope the OOC action of not chasing after them doesn't come back to haunt me because I really don't have an excuse IC

Julian84
2012-11-02, 10:32 PM
Sorry, I didn't anticipate C_O's part taking so long =\

At any rate, he still has plenty of time to find them.

The_Admiral
2012-11-03, 03:58 AM
Again I apologize I JUST GOT SKYPE!

Julian84
2012-11-03, 10:45 AM
10/4, I received your contact request.

Anecronwashere
2012-11-06, 12:19 AM
I'm sorry I'm just not getting into this game. I can't RP as Gary as well as I'd like.

I'm going to drop out, Gary would have been gunned down by one of the police? Or just drop into obscurity?

Sorry everyone

The_Admiral
2012-11-06, 08:15 AM
Julian, where are you?

NOOOOOOOOOO! NECRON!

Julian84
2012-11-06, 10:04 AM
I've been studying. Tests n' such.

And as for Gary, he goes NPC, unless you want to discuss the issue, Necron.

Zdude
2012-11-11, 01:16 AM
Well, I have joined and found the OOC! Hi. :)

I am Zdude. Pleased to meet you all and looking forward to having fun in this experiment.

The_Admiral
2012-11-12, 01:12 PM
Welcome to this web of intrigue, you are among mushrooms.

Zdude
2012-11-12, 08:55 PM
It's definitely a web of intrigue; what made you choose John Adams as a name for your character?

The_Admiral
2012-11-13, 01:19 PM
It's a common name, I wanted a normal dude feel for my character, but NOPE, ah well.

Still, with stats like those, how does your dude not have a good job?

Zdude
2012-11-14, 02:27 AM
It's based on a friend of mine who's a IQ-certified genius, who is still saving up to leave home to attend university at twenty.

edit: my friend works at a bar. lol

edit2: and now I have my first mark on the IC. Looking forward to joining you all in the mayhem. :D

bladesmith
2012-11-25, 12:45 PM
So... I know I've taken to long to post, but until I can fix my own computer, it's probably not gonna happen. Could I ask for a short reprieve, and either have Haj be an NPC for a bit, or maybe catch up on Skype afterwards?

Julian84
2012-11-25, 06:01 PM
Oh, hey Bladesmith :smallsmile: Yeah, it's cool, we can work something out later. Thanks for getting in touch!

crazydude369
2012-11-26, 09:58 PM
Hey Julian, can you maybe use a different color for Desmond please? It's actually kinda hard to read.

Julian84
2012-11-26, 10:39 PM
Oh yeah, sure. No problem.

crazydude369
2012-11-27, 12:03 AM
Thanks, that's much better.

crazydude369
2012-11-29, 08:49 AM
So, how are you all doing in this game? I feel like everywhere I go I just make more enemies. Although, I'm actually pretty ok with that. But have any of you actually been able to get plans actually off the ground?

Zdude
2012-11-29, 08:56 AM
Nope. Nothing at the moment.

I am trying to be a hero regardless. :D

crazydude369
2012-11-29, 09:25 AM
Which side approached you first?

Zdude
2012-11-29, 04:39 PM
Mechanical animals. Whichever side those are, but I have a feeling I am part of the good-side.

crazydude369
2012-11-29, 09:58 PM
Well, my experience with the metal animals is fairly limited right now. But there really isn't a good or bad side, but I'm sure you'll learn more on that soon enough.

crazydude369
2012-11-30, 09:55 PM
Futurama reference...?

Zdude
2012-12-01, 01:33 AM
Woopwoopwoopwoopwoop...?

The_Admiral
2012-12-02, 06:30 AM
John now feels like a kid on Christmas morning. So do I.

crazydude369
2012-12-02, 08:10 AM
Funny, Adam feels like a kid on Christmas morning who got that crappy knock-off version of the thing he actually wanted.

The_Admiral
2012-12-02, 11:08 AM
Don't worry, the Christmas thing has nothing to do with powers.

crazydude369
2012-12-21, 08:31 AM
Glad you're back Julian, I'm severely into this story.

crazydude369
2013-01-10, 07:58 AM
Well that was lucky. Good time for luck too, missiles and whatnot.

Julian84
2013-01-11, 12:02 PM
In response to your query, Crazydude, yes you can. Whether the pilots make their save is another matter.

crazydude369
2013-02-27, 08:03 AM
Sorry it took so long to respond, somehow failed to notice that update.

Julian84
2013-03-20, 07:02 AM
Taking a leave of absence due to personal reasons. I'll be back to updating most definitely after the weekend, possibly once or twice in the next few days, but I can't say for sure.

crazydude369
2013-05-08, 12:08 PM
Can I be invisible and still be making illusions? I was never fully clear on like multiple illusions in M&M.

Julian84
2013-05-08, 12:25 PM
I'm going to say you can cast two and divide your rank between them. So, if you had illusion rank 10 and made two illusions, their ranks would each be five.

crazydude369
2013-05-11, 01:08 PM
I don't suppose Jaimie has Takedown Attack?

Edit: Do we need to roll initiative?

crazydude369
2013-05-17, 03:30 PM
Can't seem to get the forum dice roller to work, not sure what's up.

Julian84
2013-06-10, 01:42 PM
Hey, Crazydude, don't know if you're busy or if you hadn't seen, but Infinite has been updated and Admiral has replied, so I'm waiting on you to continue.