PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Sorcerer Familiar or Sorcerer Animal Companion?

Akeii
2012-09-11, 03:37 PM
So the quick rundown is that I'm going to start a pure Kitsune Sorcerer with an Enchantment focus at 4 HD. Now, the Crossblooded archetype allows two bloodline allowances. The first option is Fey for the +2 to compulsion DCs, for optimization and some flavor reasons.

Now, the second bloodline can either be...

Arcane (gives a familiar; best powers and arcana) or Sylvan (gives an animal companion at effective druid level of -3 of the sorcerer's)

I wouldn't even consider the second had my DM not allowed the 3rd party feat Boon Companion. This raises the effective druid level by 4, making it equal to my levels in sorcerer.

Again for flavor reasons, either way this critter'll have to be quadrupedal and either tiny (familiar size), small or medium. A fox, specifically, though my DM is awesome and says I can just treat a small cat as a fox. Heck, I might be able to get away with making a wolf a dire fox. Maybe.

What would your final verdict be? Thanks so much for your advice!

StreamOfTheSky
2012-09-11, 10:57 PM
I would suggest you to not be crossblooded. Long term it isn't worth it. Fey bloodline goes well with Kitsune, though.