PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Focus can be applied to racial weapons

Arpegius
2012-09-11, 04:09 PM
i mean i know i can select axes and all kind of weapon with this feat but could it be selected as dwarven so i can get the bonus on both dwarven hammer and axe?

Urpriest
2012-09-11, 04:25 PM
Dwarven isn't the name of a weapon, so no. Weapon Focus requires you to pick a particular weapon.

eggs
2012-09-11, 04:27 PM
Except for some weird niches like Half-Elf Fighters, Swordsages* and games using the Weapon Groups (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/weaponGroupFeats.htm) variant, Weapon Focus is one weapon only.

One solution could be dipping Warblade or Bloodstorm blade to shuffle the Weapon focus feat between the weapons, but it wouldn't apply to them at the same time.

*Are there any dwarf-themed homebrew disciplines floating around? If so, this could be a neat and flavorful option.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-09-11, 04:46 PM
Stone Dragon is heavily implied to be a Dwarf-created discipline; but I haven't seen any homebrewed "racial" disciplines (though it is a really cool idea).

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-09-11, 05:25 PM
The Dwarf Fighter 1 substitution level in RoS gives you Axe Focus, which is Weapon Focus for every type of axe.

hex0
2012-09-16, 07:43 PM
The Dwarf Fighter 1 substitution level in RoS gives you Axe Focus, which is Weapon Focus for every type of axe.

Which is decent for a low-op TWF build, btw.