PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 E Githyanki Game

Irving
2012-09-11, 08:29 PM
So I'm trying to plan out a Githyanki-centric 3.5E game. A great deal of the action's going to be centered around the PC's ship; if it's going to be a Githyanki game, we definitely need space pirates.

I want a few racial options other than "straight" Githyanki; hobgoblins are good as flunkies and clerics, but my wife would like something more attractive looking than the yellow noseless pirates, and I can't say I blame her. Any suggestions for a bizaare-yet-attractive PC race that could work? I'm debating shapeshifters; I wonder if I could convince her that Amazonian-shaped warforged would be interesting.

Classes - I want psionics to be heavily involved, and as sort of an in joke I'm demanding multiclassing ("gish", after all). Wizard/psion/creberemancer is a good starting point; so's warblade/psionic warrior. For added variety, some classes from the Draconomicon -a dragon shaman ambassador to the red dragons would be delightful.

Anyone got some ideas I can use to flesh this out? A "pretty" Astral race is my biggest stumbling block so far.

Driderman
2012-09-12, 12:14 AM
So I'm trying to plan out a Githyanki-centric 3.5E game. A great deal of the action's going to be centered around the PC's ship; if it's going to be a Githyanki game, we definitely need space pirates.

I want a few racial options other than "straight" Githyanki; hobgoblins are good as flunkies and clerics, but my wife would like something more attractive looking than the yellow noseless pirates, and I can't say I blame her. Any suggestions for a bizaare-yet-attractive PC race that could work? I'm debating shapeshifters; I wonder if I could convince her that Amazonian-shaped warforged would be interesting.

Classes - I want psionics to be heavily involved, and as sort of an in joke I'm demanding multiclassing ("gish", after all). Wizard/psion/creberemancer is a good starting point; so's warblade/psionic warrior. For added variety, some classes from the Draconomicon -a dragon shaman ambassador to the red dragons would be delightful.

Anyone got some ideas I can use to flesh this out? A "pretty" Astral race is my biggest stumbling block so far.

You could go the other way and have a half-dragon (red) envoy present on the ship?